RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Help!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lynn,

Thanks for the advice! I am going to keep plugging along and I just

can't WAIT for my surgery! Only 6 weeks away!!

Cherie

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Cherie,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't remember who your surgeon is . . . Dr. Huang?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Dr. Kolb frequently puts her prospective patients on

an

> > > > > > >antifungal before surgery . . .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You might talk to your surgeon about the reaction

> you're

> > > having

> > > > > > >to antifungals. . . Going into surgery with a rip-

roaring

> > > fungal

> > > > > > >problem that hasn't been addressed may give your doctor

> > cause

> > > for

> > > > > > >concern.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > One implant sister told me that, when she went in for

> > facial

> > > > > > >surgery - possibly a face lift - when they lifted her

> skin,

> > > they

> > > > >saw

> > > > > > >so much fungus, they just sewed her back up without

> > completing

> > > the

> > > > > > >surgery.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't think you're in nearly as bad a condition as

> she

> > > was,

> > > > >but

> > > > > > >the fungal issue is something you may want to check out

> > before

> > > your

> > > > > > >surgery date.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Hugs,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Rogene

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Rogene,

Your so right, I have been watching that and I have been amazed on

how much of that is in our food too! Good lord!

Cherie

> >

> > Cherie,

> >

> > You can eat wheat . . . just not refined grains . . . like white

> bread and rice. . .

> >

> > Sugar is a killer though! . . . And the hardest to quit because

> your body will scream for it as long as you have a fungal problem.

> IMHO, it's one of the worst addictions there is because there's

some

> form of sugar in so many processed foods.

> >

> > Hugs,

> >

> > Rogene

> >

>

Guest guest

Lynn

How funny, you sound just like me.....cook.....are you kidding? Who

has time for that? If it didn't come out of box....it wasn't

happening. I've have been into " gab it and go " .....sooo bad! I also

would eat alot of cereal, that's nice and quick. Now I go to the

store and I'm there forrrrreverrrrrrr and hardly bring home much. LOL!

I have to wear my glasses there now too!

Is the makers diet just primarily veges or is meat involved also?

Thanks for your encourgement!

Cherie

> >

> > Cherie,

> >

> > You can eat wheat . . . just not refined grains . . . like white

> bread and rice. . .

> >

> > Sugar is a killer though! . . . And the hardest to quit because

> your body will scream for it as long as you have a fungal problem.

> IMHO, it's one of the worst addictions there is because there's

some

> form of sugar in so many processed foods.

> >

> > Hugs,

> >

> > Rogene

> >

>

Guest guest

Cherie,

Yep, we are alike!! I was just like you. I still hate to cook but it is growing on me : )

The diet has many recipes with meat. Mostly organic chicken, different deep sea fish, beef - no pork though. Another rough one for me to give up because I love pork chops, bacon - yum yum.

Lynn

Oh - ps... here is one of my favorite recipes from the Maker's Diet online - there are many many other good recipes too!! I don't believe the one below is the diet until later stages, but it is super quick to make - especially if you have all your ingredients ready to go....

Cajun Saute Bowl (2 servings)

1 ounce extra virgin olive oil

1 tbs garlic oil

1/2 tsp crushed red pepper

1/8 tsp oregano leaf

1/8 tsp sea salt

2 ounces fresh green onions (chopped)

2 ounces red peppers (I leave these out because I don't like red peppers)

2 tbs chopped red onions

6 ounces organic marinara sauce

3 ounces cooked and pulled chicken (I used organic chicken strips - dip them in whole wheat floor and fry them to cook them)

1 tbs sour cream

1/2 ounce fresh basil

In large saute pan with olive oil, saute the garlic oil, oregano, crushed red peppers for 40 seconds (I through all this in the pan and then turn it on and heat it for 40 seconds on med-high to high - I tried to heat the oil first and then and then add the pepper and oregano but it burnt it and it smelled awful). Add the veggies, sea salt and cooked/pulled chicken and saute for 2 minutes. Add marinara sauce and saute until heated. In large bowl, add sauteed items above and garnish with a pinch of fresh basil and sour cream.

Re: Help!

LynnHow funny, you sound just like me.....cook. ....are you kidding? Who has time for that? If it didn't come out of box....it wasn't happening. I've have been into "gab it and go".....sooo bad! I also would eat alot of cereal, that's nice and quick. Now I go to the store and I'm there forrrrreverrrrrrr and hardly bring home much. LOL!I have to wear my glasses there now too! Is the makers diet just primarily veges or is meat involved also? Thanks for your encourgement!Cherie> >> > Cherie,> > > > You can eat wheat . . . just not refined grains . . . like white > bread and rice. . . > > > > Sugar is a killer though! . . . And the hardest to quit because > your body will scream for it as long as you have a fungal problem. > IMHO, it's one of the worst addictions there is because there's some > form of sugar in so many processed foods.> > > > Hugs,> > > >

Rogene> >>

Guest guest

Cherie,

6 weeks is just around the corner!! YIPEE!!

Lynn

Re: Help!

Lynn,Thanks for the advice! I am going to keep plugging along and I just can't WAIT for my surgery! Only 6 weeks away!!Cherie> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Cherie,> > > > > > > >> > > >

> > > > I don't remember who your surgeon is . . . Dr. Huang?> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Dr. Kolb frequently puts her prospective patients on an> > > > > > >antifungal before surgery . . .> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > You might talk to your surgeon about the reaction > you're > > > having> > > > > > >to antifungals. . . Going into surgery with a rip-roaring > > > fungal> > > > > > >problem that hasn't been addressed may give your doctor > > cause > > > for> > > > > > >concern.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > One implant sister told me that, when she went in for > > facial> > > > > >

>surgery - possibly a face lift - when they lifted her > skin, > > > they> > > > >saw> > > > > > >so much fungus, they just sewed her back up without > > completing > > > the> > > > > > >surgery.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > I don't think you're in nearly as bad a condition as > she > > > was,> > > > >but> > > > > > >the fungal issue is something you may want to check out > > before > > > your> > > > > > >surgery date.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Hugs,> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Rogene> > > > > > > >> > > > > >

>> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Cherie, As you lose your sweet tooth, and learn how to prepare foods that retain their nutrients, you'll find more and more foods you really like! It's important to make it changing your diet a thing of pleasure though. It's terribly stressful to constantly think of what you CAN'T have . . . Look for healthy foods you really enjoy. As you find them, making the transition becomes easier by the day. Do you have any Kefir yet? Hugs Rogene

Guest guest

Cherie, Gluten isn't going to hurt you unless you're sensitive to gluten or have Celiac disease. . . It's like being allergic to anything else . . . If you are, you must avoid everything with Gluten. If you're not, you can eat it without a problem. It's not inherently bad. Following a gluten free diet can be a huge effort in it's own right. Rogene

Guest guest

Hi...

Well, I'll be the first to say that I'm certainly not the expert on

healthy eating and/or detoxing. I'm doing what I can. I am doing the

things that I feel are good for me now... but I may say something

controversial here....

I believe in eating good food. Whether it is fruit, veggies, a nice

slice of turkey, potatoes and even sometimes chocolate. Sometimes the

food I put in my body is perhaps not the most perfect thing but when I

crave fruit, I eat it. I just try not to listen to the hot fudge

cravings too often :-)

I am all for watching what food we put in our bodies but I don't think

going to any extremes is a good idea either.

My mother ate eggs, bacon and toast every morning for most of her

life. She now eats cheese and toast for breakfast. She follows that

with a chocolate kicker (of some fashion). Sometimes she gets on an

apple kick and wants to eat an apple a day for weeks... you get the

idea. She won't admit it but she eats a large chocolate bar in less

than 2 days. Oh and her coffee... she likes it weak but she drinks it

every morning.... Is that healthy eating.... no probably not but my

mother is 99 years old. This Jan 11 she will be 100 years old. Her

lesson for me is to listen to my body. If I crave a slice of beef,

eat it. If I want fruit... eat it. She doesn't smoke or drink... she

calls that healthy living.

The sad thing is that in early August, before explant, I felt that I

was in worse health than my 99 year old mother. I'm not sure that

I'll live to be 99 like her but I hope along the way I'll be able to

enjoy some bacon, cheese and of course some chocolate.

>

> Cherie,

>

> I think diet is key to overall health, so changing it before surgery

will not only help your health in general (even if you didn't have

toxic bags) but should help get you ready for your diet change after

surgery. Changing my diet was one of the hardest things that I had to

do, so starting early to get me prepared probably benefited me.

>

> I only think it can help you instead of hurt. As for the caprylic

acid, if you have a fungal problem right now - I also think it would

be good to get a handle on it. Again, my thoughts are it can't hurt.

>

> I think it is a personal choice though. I am sure there are some

women who don't change their diets at all and are okay. I think it

probably depends on the health issues you are having. I was OH so

sick before explant that I would try ANYTHING to get better!! My

hubby hated it because it affected my lifestyle - for the better, but

I was so different to him. No more pizza, popcorn and soda when

renting/watching DVDs. No more beers and junk food at the baseball

games - etc. etc. It was so tough for me and somewhat depressing at

times. But, like Rogene has said - once you stop eating junk

food/sugary food - when you do eat it again it just isn't the same.

At least is wasn't for me. I have had some sugary items since explant

and detox - and it is much too sweet for me now. I really prefer

something less sweet like fruit.

>

> Oh, but I do love my organic dark chocolate every now and again :)

I am certainly not the detox expert in this group by no means though,

so I am sure others who know more will chime in.

>

> Hugs, Lynn

>

>

> Re: Help!

>

> Lynn,

>

> Did you feel better at all changing your diet prior to surgery? I

> hope I am not wasting my time by doing this. Sometimes I wonder if I

> should wait until after explant. I figure I would be wasting my time

> though taking caprylic acid without completing changing my diet. I

> am trying to cut out sugar and wheat right now, should I wait until

> after the surgery? I am being very drastic right now.

>

> Thanks for your help!

> Cherie

>

>

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Cherie,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't remember who your surgeon is . . . Dr. Huang?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Dr. Kolb frequently puts her prospective patients on an

> > > > > > >antifungal before surgery . . .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You might talk to your surgeon about the reaction

> you're

> > > having

> > > > > > >to antifungals. . . Going into surgery with a rip-roaring

> > > fungal

> > > > > > >problem that hasn't been addressed may give your doctor

> > cause

> > > for

> > > > > > >concern.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > One implant sister told me that, when she went in for

> > facial

> > > > > > >surgery - possibly a face lift - when they lifted her

> skin,

> > > they

> > > > >saw

> > > > > > >so much fungus, they just sewed her back up without

> > completing

> > > the

> > > > > > >surgery.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't think you're in nearly as bad a condition as

> she

> > > was,

> > > > >but

> > > > > > >the fungal issue is something you may want to check out

> > before

> > > your

> > > > > > >surgery date.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Hugs,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Rogene

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

LOL , That's what I mean by not obscessing! . . . If you feel too restricted, you'll feel stressed! . . . My hubby says he'd rather live a short time and eat whatever he pleases! . . . (I think the doctor told him if he didn't change his attitude, he could end up worse than dead because he's turned over a new leaf since a recent checkup.) A little of the "forbidden" stuff isn't going to undo us. . . . Keep healthy eating as your target and work towards your goal. It becomes less stressful as you work towards your goal. I'm convinced that those below fourty are unlikely to live as long as their grandparents because they've had a lifetime of chemical exposure . .. Nobody knows what the effects will be. I talked to a scientist at the National Insitute of Health . . . He told me that the diseases our

grand parents suffered with are largely taken care of by modern medicine. But they have no idea what the chemicals are doing. Few have been tested singularly, fewer yet in combination, and virtually none on children. You only have to see how many children are in special education to know that something terrible is happening. Speaking for myself, I know that I will have to walk a balance beam the rest of my life. . . My goal is to make the beam as low, and wide as possible. . . To be able to violate my "rules" as far as possible, and to be climb back on the beam easily. At one time, I couldn't go far beyond my "rules" . . . Now I can go further. . . At one time, when I fell, it was very difficult to get back up . . . Now it's easier. . . But then, I have a bag of "tricks" that I didn't have before! Hugs, Rogene

Guest guest

Kate ~

Welcome to the group ! I am happy to hear

you have a whole new life and are doing well !

Very encouraging ! Thank you for the recipe !

I hope you share more of them with us !

How long were you implanted? what kind of

implants did you have? Did you have a rupture?

Did you have to do any type of detox, or did

explant alone do it for you?

Again, welcome to the group !

Hugs N Prayers ~

DedeSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Guest guest

Lynda, At 11:25 PM 9/23/2007, you wrote:>Hi...>>Well, I'll be the first to say that I'm certainly not the expert on>healthy eating and/or detoxing. I'm doing what I can. I am doing the>things that I feel are good for me now... but I may say something>controversial here....>>I believe in eating good food. Whether it is fruit, veggies, a nice>slice of turkey, potatoes and

even sometimes chocolate. Sometimes the>food I put in my body is perhaps not the most perfect thing but when I>crave fruit, I eat it. I just try not to listen to the hot fudge>cravings too often :-)>>I am all for watching what food we put in our bodies but I don't think>going to any extremes is a good idea either.>>My mother ate eggs, bacon and toast every morning for most of her>life. She now eats cheese and toast for breakfast. She follows that>with a chocolate kicker (of some fashion). Sometimes she gets on an>apple kick and wants to eat an apple a day for weeks... you get the>idea. She won't admit it but she eats a large chocolate bar in less>than 2 days. Oh and her coffee... she likes it weak but she drinks it>every morning.... Is that healthy eating.... no probably not but my>mother is 99 years old. This Jan 11 she will be 100 years old. Her>lesson for me

is to listen to my body. If I crave a slice of beef,>eat it. If I want fruit... eat it. She doesn't smoke or drink... she>calls that healthy living.>The sad thing is that in early August, before explant, I felt that I>was in worse health than my 99 year old mother. I'm not sure that>I'll live to be 99 like her but I hope along the way I'll be able to>enjoy some bacon, cheese and of course some chocolate.>>> >> > Cherie,> >> > I think diet is key to overall health, so changing it before surgery>will not only help your health in general (even if you didn't have>toxic bags) but should help get you ready for your diet change after>surgery. Changing my diet was one of the hardest things that I had to>do, so starting early to get me prepared probably benefited me.> >> > I only think it can help you instead of hurt. As for the

caprylic>acid, if you have a fungal problem right now - I also think it would>be good to get a handle on it. Again, my thoughts are it can't hurt.> >> > I think it is a personal choice though. I am sure there are some>women who don't change their diets at all and are okay. I think it>probably depends on the health issues you are having. I was OH so>sick before explant that I would try ANYTHING to get better!! My>hubby hated it because it affected my lifestyle - for the better, but>I was so different to him. No more pizza, popcorn and soda when>renting/watching DVDs. No more beers and junk food at the baseball>games - etc. etc. It was so tough for me and somewhat depressing at>times. But, like Rogene has said - once you stop eating junk>food/sugary food - when you do eat it again it just isn't the same.>At least is wasn't for me. I have had some sugary items since

explant>and detox - and it is much too sweet for me now. I really prefer>something less sweet like fruit.> >> > Oh, but I do love my organic dark chocolate every now and again :)>I am certainly not the detox expert in this group by no means though,>so I am sure others who know more will chime in.> >> > Hugs, Lynn> >> >> > Re: Help!> >> > Lynn,> >> > Did you feel better at all changing your diet prior to surgery? I> > hope I am not wasting my time by doing this. Sometimes I wonder if

I> > should wait until after explant. I figure I would be wasting my time> > though taking caprylic acid without completing changing my diet. I> > am trying to cut out sugar and wheat right now, should I wait until> > after the surgery? I am being very drastic right now.> >> > Thanks for your help!> > Cherie> >> > > > >> > > Cherie,> > >> > > I did the same. I tried to change my diet as much as I could> > before and then got real agressive after - The Maker's Diet on-line.> > Again, I am feeling better everyday and much much better than pre-> > explant.> > >> > > I found Dr. Huang to be very accomodating to any of my requests.> > She really does want what is best for you - she is wonderful.>

> >> > > I hope the caprylic acid works better for you and you don't have> > the horrible side effects you were with the fungal defense.> > >> > > Lynn .

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

Guest guest

, My original message didn't show up, not sure why! This was my post: Everyone approaches their healing in a different manner. It's all up to you. We are all different biologically, and what works for some may not work for others. There are also some that are more desperate to get better than others. There are some women that have not found the right "combination" to their healing efforts, and still struggle with terrible symptoms. The goal, of course, is to live well. For some women struggling with their health and not finding relief, desperate times call for desperate measures. I know that when I was sick, I was desperate to get better. I had 4 kids to care for and they needed me. My youngest was only 3. Our group was formed

because we know that there is a very huge need for information on how to get better after being sick from implants. Early in my illness, I communicated with, and latched onto women who were getting better. What I found is that almost all of them were avoiding drugs and were detoxing and making a strong effort to heal through appropriate diet. That's why we discuss the things we do here. I know that there are a large number of women who are still sick, who are still on drugs, who are still disabled, who still can't live normally after having silicone gel implants. They are very sick women. One of the most important aspects of our healing is recognizing food allergies that are NEW after implants. Alot of new allergies can creep up when we are sick. Some women will crave the very foods they are allergic

to. That's why it is necessary to get information about a healthy diet and how you can make changes to discover them, eliminate the offending foods, and live well through healthy diet choices. It is definitely not one size fits all. I will be the first to admit that I cheat--often. I eat healthy, but I also live well. But I didn't start cheating until I got my life back and regained my health, but I still do detoxing therapies to keep my body as clean and healthy as I can. I do the same thing as Rogene does...it's like a balance beam. We learn a new way of living. Anyway, I just wanted to say that you can make any choice you want when it comes to food and your healing path. There is freedom in our healing journey. Just keep in

mind as you try to get your health back that if things are not working for you, you can always come here to find answers that may help you make progress. Patty Tricia Trish <glory2glory1401@...> wrote: Lynda, At 11:25 PM 9/23/2007, you wrote:>Hi...>>Well, I'll be the first to say that I'm certainly not the expert on>healthy eating and/or

detoxing. I'm doing what I can. I am doing the>things that I feel are good for me now... but I may say something>controversial here....>>I believe in eating good food. Whether it is fruit, veggies, a nice>slice of turkey, potatoes and even sometimes chocolate. Sometimes the>food I put in my body is perhaps not the most perfect thing but when I>crave fruit, I eat it. I just try not to listen to the hot fudge>cravings too often :-)>>I am all for watching what food we put in our bodies but I don't think>going to any extremes is a good idea either.>>My mother ate eggs, bacon and toast every morning for most of her>life. She now eats cheese and toast for breakfast. She follows that>with a chocolate kicker (of some fashion). Sometimes she gets on an>apple kick and wants to eat an apple a day for weeks... you get the>idea. She won't admit it but she eats a large

chocolate bar in less>than 2 days. Oh and her coffee... she likes it weak but she drinks it>every morning.... Is that healthy eating.... no probably not but my>mother is 99 years old. This Jan 11 she will be 100 years old. Her>lesson for me is to listen to my body. If I crave a slice of beef,>eat it. If I want fruit... eat it. She doesn't smoke or drink... she>calls that healthy living.>The sad thing is that in early August, before explant, I felt that I>was in worse health than my 99 year old mother. I'm not sure that>I'll live to be 99 like her but I hope along the way I'll be able to>enjoy some bacon, cheese and of course some chocolate.>>> >> > Cherie,> >> > I think diet is key to overall health, so changing it before surgery>will not only help your health in general (even if you didn't have>toxic bags) but should help get you

ready for your diet change after>surgery. Changing my diet was one of the hardest things that I had to>do, so starting early to get me prepared probably benefited me.> >> > I only think it can help you instead of hurt. As for the caprylic>acid, if you have a fungal problem right now - I also think it would>be good to get a handle on it. Again, my thoughts are it can't hurt.> >> > I think it is a personal choice though. I am sure there are some>women who don't change their diets at all and are okay. I think it>probably depends on the health issues you are having. I was OH so>sick before explant that I would try ANYTHING to get better!! My>hubby hated it because it affected my lifestyle - for the better, but>I was so different to him. No more pizza, popcorn and soda when>renting/watching DVDs. No more beers and junk food at the baseball>games - etc. etc. It

was so tough for me and somewhat depressing at>times. But, like Rogene has said - once you stop eating junk>food/sugary food - when you do eat it again it just isn't the same.>At least is wasn't for me. I have had some sugary items since explant>and detox - and it is much too sweet for me now. I really prefer>something less sweet like fruit.> >> > Oh, but I do love my organic dark chocolate every now and again :)>I am certainly not the detox expert in this group by no means though,>so I am sure others who know more will chime in.> >> > Hugs, Lynn> >> >> > Re: Help!> >> > Lynn,> >> > Did you feel better at all changing your diet prior to surgery? I> > hope I am not wasting my time by doing this. Sometimes I wonder if I> > should wait until after explant. I figure I would be wasting my time> > though taking caprylic acid without completing changing my diet. I> > am trying to cut out sugar and wheat right now, should I wait until> > after the surgery? I am being very drastic right now.> >> > Thanks for your help!> > Cherie> >> > > > >> > > Cherie,> > >> > > I did the same. I tried to change my diet as much as I could> > before and then got real agressive after - The Maker's Diet on-line.> > Again, I am

feeling better everyday and much much better than pre-> > explant.> > >> > > I found Dr. Huang to be very accomodating to any of my requests.> > She really does want what is best for you - she is wonderful.> > >> > > I hope the caprylic acid works better for you and you don't have> > the horrible side effects you were with the fungal defense.> > >> > > Lynn . Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Travel.

Guest guest

Hi,

I'm new here, was explanted six months ago and have a whole new life!

On another subject, my background is in nutrition. I don't follow

anyone's diet, but I

do not like fast food or pre-packaged foods, even frozen foods. I live

on a rather simple diet, don't live near a grocery store, but consider

my eating habits pretty healthy.

I have a recipe for salad dressing that some of you might want to try.

I start with buttermilk and mayonnaise. The original recipe calls

for half of each, but I use more buttermilk...just so it isn't too

runny. You can use low fat buttermilk, but the mayo should not be the

low cal kind. I add about 1T fresh minced garlic, about a tablespoon

of white vinegar, 1/2+ T onion powder or granulated onion, 1 T parsley

flakes for that ranch look. I don't really measure, sorry...it turns

out a little different every time. You can add whatever you like. The

onion makes it taste like ranch dressing...use it liberally. No salt,

no sugar...and buttermilk I believe has some good bacteria in it.

Kate

Rogene wrote:

Cherie,

While you're watching for sugar-free foods, watch out for

artificial sweeteners too . . . As bad as sugar is, it's better than

the artificial stuff!

Vinegar and oil can be a good dressing . . . Personally, I use

prepared salad dressings . . . but I use very small amounts - and I

always request my salad dressing on the side. . . I hate my salad

swimming in dressing! Gag! . . . I've found that a little feta cheese

can all but replace salad dressing.

Hugs,

Rogene

cannst42 <cannst42 > wrote:

Rogene,

You are so right, I have been out shopping and have discovered how

uneducated I am on how much sugar is in our foods....wow! I am

stopping sugar right now and I do not have a lot of choices, but I'm

doing it. I found enough to eat but in order for me to eat a vege

salad, I need some sort of dressing. I did find a sugar free/gluten

free one today that I am going to try.

I am also trying the caprylic acid. I took one 2 days ago and another

again today...so far no low back pain! Yeah!

I do have a question for you though, I have been looking up candida

diets and they say I can eat brown rice but now wheat, is this wrong?

I'm a bit confused now.

Thanks!

Cherie

>

> Cherie,

>

> You can eat wheat . . . just not refined grains . . . like white

bread and rice. . .

>

> Sugar is a killer though! . . . And the hardest to quit because

your body will scream for it as long as you have a fungal problem.

IMHO, it's one of the worst addictions there is because there's some

form of sugar in so many processed foods.

>

> Hugs,

>

> Rogene

>

Guest guest

Thanks! I have no idea why I didn't find this group a year ago when I

was searching the connection of enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and

what the causes might be. I did find another group and it helped me

find my way. I figured out that my implants could possibly have been

making me feel how I did.

I had two sets of implants, 25+ years total, original double lumen

silicone/saline ruptured(they were CC big time), replaced with

textured, shaped saline 10 years ago. Some CC with these, but both

sets never settled any lower, looked and felt unnatural. I implanted

in the first place because I had very little breast tissue(at 26)and

wanted to have some breasts. Simple as that.

I have my story up in the My Stories section on explantation.com, under

Kateo's story. There are pics.

I am about 7 months explanted now. My health has improved

dramatically. I have more energy than I have had for a long, long

time, my memory is much improved. I am much happier without implants.

I do miss having enough breasts to look nice without a bra, but I'm

getting over it. My implants were under the muscle and my tissue was

all on the top and center of the implants. I could feel the implants

under and on the sides of the breasts. I have been fortunate that the

skin did not stretch way out as it doesn't look too bad now. Unless I

lean forward, but all of me looks worse then!

Kate

Guest guest

Kate,

How long does this keep in the refrigerator?

Lynda

At 09:09 AM 9/24/2007, you wrote:

>Hi,

>I'm new here, was explanted six months ago and have a whole new life!

>On another subject, my background is in

>nutrition. I don't follow anyone's diet, but I

>do not like fast food or pre-packaged foods,

>even frozen foods. I live on a rather simple

>diet, don't live near a grocery store, but

>consider my eating habits pretty healthy.

>I have a recipe for salad dressing that some of you might want to try.

>I start with buttermilk and mayonnaise. The

>original recipe calls for half of each, but I

>use more buttermilk...just so it isn't too

>runny. You can use low fat buttermilk, but the

>mayo should not be the low cal kind. I add

>about 1T fresh minced garlic, about a tablespoon

>of white vinegar, 1/2+ T onion powder or

>granulated onion, 1 T parsley flakes for that

>ranch look. I don't really measure, sorry...it

>turns out a little different every time. You

>can add whatever you like. The onion makes it

>taste like ranch dressing...use it liberally. No

>salt, no sugar...and buttermilk I believe has some good bacteria in it.

>Kate

>

>Rogene wrote:

>>Cherie,

>>

>>While you're watching for sugar-free foods,

>>watch out for artificial sweeteners too . . .

>>As bad as sugar is, it's better than the artificial stuff!

>>

>>Vinegar and oil can be a good dressing . . .

>>Personally, I use prepared salad dressings . .

>>. but I use very small amounts - and I always

>>request my salad dressing on the side. . . I

>>hate my salad swimming in dressing! Gag! . . .

>>I've found that a little feta cheese can all but replace salad dressing.

>>

>>Hugs,

>>

>>Rogene

>>

>>

>>cannst42 <cannst42@...> wrote:

>>Rogene,

>>

>>You are so right, I have been out shopping and have discovered how

>>uneducated I am on how much sugar is in our foods....wow! I am

>>stopping sugar right now and I do not have a lot of choices, but I'm

>>doing it. I found enough to eat but in order for me to eat a vege

>>salad, I need some sort of dressing. I did find a sugar free/gluten

>>free one today that I am going to try.

>>

>>I am also trying the caprylic acid. I took one 2 days ago and another

>>again today...so far no low back pain! Yeah!

>>

>>I do have a question for you though, I have been looking up candida

>>diets and they say I can eat brown rice but now wheat, is this wrong?

>>I'm a bit confused now.

>>

>>Thanks!

>>Cherie

>>

>>

>> >

>> > Cherie,

>> >

>> > You can eat wheat . . . just not refined grains . . . like white

>>bread and rice. . .

>> >

>> > Sugar is a killer though! . . . And the hardest to quit because

>>your body will scream for it as long as you have a fungal problem.

>>IMHO, it's one of the worst addictions there is because there's some

>>form of sugar in so many processed foods.

>> >

>> > Hugs,

>> >

>> > Rogene

>> >

>>

>

Guest guest

A long, long time...buttermilk is kind of like yoghurt...it goes long

past its labeled date because of the cultures. Make sure you shake the

b-milk well before using, too..sometimes the thick stuff is all in the

top.

I buy a quart of b-milk at a time and just keep making the dressing

with whatever mayo I have. I re-use a plastic salad dressing bottle,

pop out the little inside cap and then put it back in...easy.

Actually, around here it doesn't get a chance to get very old...my

daughter likes it on everything except breakfast cereal, and everyone

else loves it.

I detest the store bought salad dressings. They taste peculiar.

Kate

Lynda Roth wrote:

Kate,

How long does this keep in the refrigerator?

Lynda

At 09:09 AM 9/24/2007, you wrote:

>Hi,

>I'm new here, was explanted six months ago and have a whole new

life!

>On another subject, my background is in

>nutrition. I don't follow anyone's diet, but I

>do not like fast food or pre-packaged foods,

>even frozen foods. I live on a rather simple

>diet, don't live near a grocery store, but

>consider my eating habits pretty healthy.

>I have a recipe for salad dressing that some of you might want to

try.

>I start with buttermilk and mayonnaise. The

>original recipe calls for half of each, but I

>use more buttermilk...just so it isn't too

>runny. You can use low fat buttermilk, but the

>mayo should not be the low cal kind. I add

>about 1T fresh minced garlic, about a tablespoon

>of white vinegar, 1/2+ T onion powder or

>granulated onion, 1 T parsley flakes for that

>ranch look. I don't really measure, sorry...it

>turns out a little different every time. You

>can add whatever you like. The onion makes it

>taste like ranch dressing...use it liberally. No

>salt, no sugar...and buttermilk I believe has some good bacteria in

it.

>Kate

>

>Rogene wrote:

>>Cherie,

>>

>>While you're watching for sugar-free foods,

>>watch out for artificial sweeteners too . . .

>>As bad as sugar is, it's better than the artificial stuff!

>>

>>Vinegar and oil can be a good dressing . . .

>>Personally, I use prepared salad dressings . .

>>. but I use very small amounts - and I always

>>request my salad dressing on the side. . . I

>>hate my salad swimming in dressing! Gag! . . .

>>I've found that a little feta cheese can all but replace salad

dressing.

>>

>>Hugs,

>>

>>Rogene

>>

>>

>>cannst42 <cannst42 >

wrote:

>>Rogene,

>>

>>You are so right, I have been out shopping and have discovered

how

>>uneducated I am on how much sugar is in our foods....wow! I am

>>stopping sugar right now and I do not have a lot of choices,

but I'm

>>doing it. I found enough to eat but in order for me to eat a

vege

>>salad, I need some sort of dressing. I did find a sugar

free/gluten

>>free one today that I am going to try.

>>

>>I am also trying the caprylic acid. I took one 2 days ago and

another

>>again today...so far no low back pain! Yeah!

>>

>>I do have a question for you though, I have been looking up

candida

>>diets and they say I can eat brown rice but now wheat, is this

wrong?

>>I'm a bit confused now.

>>

>>Thanks!

>>Cherie

>>

>>

>> >

>> > Cherie,

>> >

>> > You can eat wheat . . . just not refined grains . . .

like white

>>bread and rice. . .

>> >

>> > Sugar is a killer though! . . . And the hardest to quit

because

>>your body will scream for it as long as you have a fungal

problem.

>>IMHO, it's one of the worst addictions there is because there's

some

>>form of sugar in so many processed foods.

>> >

>> > Hugs,

>> >

>> > Rogene

>> >

>>

>

Guest guest

My daughter likes ranch dressing on pizza. I eat

salad, and am cassein intolerant, so only Bob

uses ranch dressing. I may try this, as

store-bought ranch is gross as far as I am concerned.

Lynda

At 01:24 PM 9/24/2007, you wrote:

>A long, long time...buttermilk is kind of like

>yoghurt...it goes long past its labeled date

>because of the cultures. Make sure you shake

>the b-milk well before using, too..sometimes the thick stuff is all in the top.

>I buy a quart of b-milk at a time and just keep

>making the dressing with whatever mayo I

>have. I re-use a plastic salad dressing bottle,

>pop out the little inside cap and then put it back in...easy.

>Actually, around here it doesn't get a chance to

>get very old...my daughter likes it on

>everything except breakfast cereal, and everyone else loves it.

>I detest the store bought salad dressings. They taste peculiar.

>Kate

>

>Lynda Roth wrote:

>>

>>Kate,

>>

>>How long does this keep in the refrigerator?

>>

>>Lynda

>>

>>At 09:09 AM 9/24/2007, you wrote:

>>

>> >Hi,

>> >I'm new here, was explanted six months ago and have a whole new life!

>> >On another subject, my background is in

>> >nutrition. I don't follow anyone's diet, but I

>> >do not like fast food or pre-packaged foods,

>> >even frozen foods. I live on a rather simple

>> >diet, don't live near a grocery store, but

>> >consider my eating habits pretty healthy.

>> >I have a recipe for salad dressing that some of you might want to try.

>> >I start with buttermilk and mayonnaise. The

>> >original recipe calls for half of each, but I

>> >use more buttermilk...just so it isn't too

>> >runny. You can use low fat buttermilk, but the

>> >mayo should not be the low cal kind. I add

>> >about 1T fresh minced garlic, about a tablespoon

>> >of white vinegar, 1/2+ T onion powder or

>> >granulated onion, 1 T parsley flakes for that

>> >ranch look. I don't really measure, sorry...it

>> >turns out a little different every time. You

>> >can add whatever you like. The onion makes it

>> >taste like ranch dressing...use it liberally. No

>> >salt, no sugar...and buttermilk I believe has some good bacteria in it.

>> >Kate

>> >

>> >Rogene wrote:

>> >>Cherie,

>> >>

>> >>While you're watching for sugar-free foods,

>> >>watch out for artificial sweeteners too . . .

>> >>As bad as sugar is, it's better than the artificial stuff!

>> >>

>> >>Vinegar and oil can be a good dressing . . .

>> >>Personally, I use prepared salad dressings . .

>> >>. but I use very small amounts - and I always

>> >>request my salad dressing on the side. . . I

>> >>hate my salad swimming in dressing! Gag! . . .

>> >>I've found that a little feta cheese can all but replace salad dressing.

>> >>

>> >>Hugs,

>> >>

>> >>Rogene

>> >>

>> >>

>> >>cannst42 <<mailto:cannst42%40>cannst42@...> wrote:

>> >>Rogene,

>> >>

>> >>You are so right, I have been out shopping and have discovered how

>> >>uneducated I am on how much sugar is in our foods....wow! I am

>> >>stopping sugar right now and I do not have a lot of choices, but I'm

>> >>doing it. I found enough to eat but in order for me to eat a vege

>> >>salad, I need some sort of dressing. I did find a sugar free/gluten

>> >>free one today that I am going to try.

>> >>

>> >>I am also trying the caprylic acid. I took one 2 days ago and another

>> >>again today...so far no low back pain! Yeah!

>> >>

>> >>I do have a question for you though, I have been looking up candida

>> >>diets and they say I can eat brown rice but now wheat, is this wrong?

>> >>I'm a bit confused now.

>> >>

>> >>Thanks!

>> >>Cherie

>> >>

>> >>

>> >> >

>> >> > Cherie,

>> >> >

>> >> > You can eat wheat . . . just not refined grains . . . like white

>> >>bread and rice. . .

>> >> >

>> >> > Sugar is a killer though! . . . And the hardest to quit because

>> >>your body will scream for it as long as you have a fungal problem.

>> >>IMHO, it's one of the worst addictions there is because there's some

>> >>form of sugar in so many processed foods.

>> >> >

>> >> > Hugs,

>> >> >

>> >> > Rogene

>> >> >

>> >>

>> >

>

Guest guest

~

Sorry to hear you were diagnosed with lupus......

I was back in 1994. I am just over a flare. I agree,

Life should be lived to its fullest ! ! No doubt !

Dede

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Guest guest

You can find various links for directions on how to do the coffee enema. We have some in our files section too. /files/Healing%20Therapies/ (Look under the coffee enema file) PattyRogene <saxony01@...> wrote: Patty's probably gone now . . . but she's used coffee enemas for some time . . . her husband uses them almost daily.

She said they were the first thing she tried that got rid of her pain. Hopefully some of the other ladies who've tried them will chime in. Basially, you boil organic coffee, strain it and let it cool enough to be comfortable, then do an enema. . . Lay on your right side. Try to hold it for 15 minutes. It will help your liver flush toxins . . . You can learn more with a websearch too. www.curezone.com probably has more info. Love, Rogene

Don't let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a reality with Autos.

Guest guest

Ilena ~

Bless your heart, I am so sorry you are having

so many issues with them right now. I am glad you

found our site. Please read the archives, and look

at the photos too, there are rashes posted.

For the photos of before and after explant and

things like that, below is the link to shutterfly, and

the password is : implants

You will find lots of info and support here, as well

as a lot of wonderful ladies with wonderful information.

Welcome to our group !

Hugs N Prayers ~ DedeSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Guest guest

Ilena, Welcome to . . . Boy, I really got confused. One of our long time members is also named Ilena. . . . Do you have a nickname we can use for you? First of all, you do need to get those implants out! . . . and properly. You needn't look deformed in any way. . . In fact, you'll likely look a lot better than you do with capsular contraction. If your hubby is going to be so negative, you're going to have to find a way to shut him out (or up). . . You don't need that kind of negativity. It leads to stress . . . and stress is just as much a killer as breast implants! I can't imagine a loving husband saying anything so cruel. You may have to examine your relationship as you go through this process. Sometimes it's just that a husband gets negative when something is out of their control . . . then they come around when they begin to

understand. Hopefully your husband will do so too. Getting your implants properly removed is essential. . . Most surgeons won't . . . so, educating yourself on explant is essential if you are going to find a doctor on your own. We can recommend some doctors who will do the job right, but you may have to travel to see them. One of them does fat injections that can leave you looking fantastic. . . . There is some question about whether or not the fat will be absorbed - but time will tell. Chances are good that if the fat does fade away, the fluffing most women experience will make up the difference anyway. In conjunction with explant, you will likely need to do some extensive detoxing. . . Starting with diet . . . like NO sugar! We have tons of information in our Files section . . . And a bunch of wonderful ladies to share what works, or doesn't work, for them. Hugs and prayers, Rogene

Guest guest

You poor thing!!! I had silicone implants in 1980, removed and replaced

with textured saline in 1997, removed and not replaced 2007. I didn't

really have health probs with the first ones, but the second ones got

me(but they both CC'd). Saline is not safe, IMO.

Don't wait for the doctors to agree with you about your symptoms. They

are real, and the sooner you get rid of the cause the sooner you will

get healthy. Some women wait a long time, hoping against hope that the

implants aren't really the cause of their issues, and they end up much

sicker than they needed to be.

URGH, makes me mad that your husband doesn't see the big picture. Maybe

you should promise him that your breasts won't look any worse than HIS

nutsacks!!! I was tremendously lucky in that my husband was happy my

fake boobies were going. He actually likes me better natural and small,

I'm still adjusting. Your breasts should heal back to about what you

started with, maybe even more. I had implants for 25 years, am 52 now,

and mine don't look bad...just small.

In hindsight, I think I wish I'd gone to Dr. Huang in Denver for the

procedure. She seems to do some of the best explants and fills in your

missing tissue with fat if you need it.

Good luck,

Kate

ilena_01 wrote:

>

> I have had my saline implants since 1995. I started experiencing

> health problems in 1999. I never thought it could be my implants

> since everyone said saline is safe. Now that I have had every medical

> test in the world and i am normal I still feel bad. I have a horrible

> rash that looks like open sores on my arms and they will not get

> better. I have been dx with impetigo, MRSA, etc. I found a pic of

> someones arms that look like mine and i cried. I felt such a relief.

> I thought i was going crazy. I am constantly tired thyroid problems

> etc. My husband doesnt understand and said if i get my implants out

> he doesnt want to see a wrinkled nutsack on my chest! I have cried

> for days over that. I have a capsularlly contracture I am in alot of

> pain in my shoulder and neck. Not to mention a huge ball on my left

> side. Does anyone know why the rash occurs. Please let me know. I

> am so thankful for this site. You all have helped me when i feel so

> alone. thanks ilena

>

>

Guest guest

Hello Ilena # 2,

Welcome. Where are you?

Implants have to come out! No doubt in my mind. They need to come

out right. We have some great docs that do the procedure properly so

you don't have to go back and have scar capsules removed later.

We are here to support you.

Lynda

At 10:56 AM 10/2/2007, you wrote:

>Ilena,

>

>Welcome to . . .

>

>Boy, I really got confused. One of our long time members is also

>named Ilena. . . . Do you have a nickname we can use for you?

>

>First of all, you do need to get those implants out! . . . and

>properly. You needn't look deformed in any way. . . In fact, you'll

>likely look a lot better than you do with capsular contraction.

>

>If your hubby is going to be so negative, you're going to have to

>find a way to shut him out (or up). . . You don't need that kind of

>negativity. It leads to stress . . . and stress is just as much a

>killer as breast implants! I can't imagine a loving husband saying

>anything so cruel. You may have to examine your relationship as you

>go through this process. Sometimes it's just that a husband gets

>negative when something is out of their control . . . then they come

>around when they begin to understand. Hopefully your husband will do so too.

>

>Getting your implants properly removed is essential. . . Most

>surgeons won't . . . so, educating yourself on explant is essential

>if you are going to find a doctor on your own. We can recommend some

>doctors who will do the job right, but you may have to travel to see

>them. One of them does fat injections that can leave you looking

>fantastic. . . . There is some question about whether or not the fat

>will be absorbed - but time will tell. Chances are good that if the

>fat does fade away, the fluffing most women experience will make up

>the difference anyway.

>

>In conjunction with explant, you will likely need to do some

>extensive detoxing. . . Starting with diet . . . like NO sugar!

>

>We have tons of information in our Files section . . . And a bunch

>of wonderful ladies to share what works, or doesn't work, for them.

>

>Hugs and prayers,

>

>Rogene

>

Guest guest

Hi Ilena,

Welcome to this wonderful support group. I'm a relatively new member

but don't know what I would do without this continued support.

I developed a rash that looked like open sores on my arms too that

wouldn't go away. They tried, antihistamines, prednisone, steroid

cream... etc. etc... Still the rash persists. It is better now since

I had my implants out (on Sept 11, 2007) but recently they decided to

biopsy the rash because they still don't believe that it was connected

to the implants poisoning my system. (I'll get results next week)

One thing that helped me when I knew I had to explant was to look at

photos of others who had been explanted. They didn't look scary at

all, (as I had imagined). Go to the shutterfly link from the links

section here.

I'm sorry that your husband is not supportive. Perhaps he will be

with more information. My husband says almost every day that my

explant surgery probably saved my life... we will see... I still have

good days and bad but it's only been 3 weeks.

I'm not an expert on this site... but I can lend support and when I

feel I can do that or answer a question... I do.

Ask lots of questions.

>

> since everyone said saline is safe. Now that I have had every medical

> test in the world and i am normal I still feel bad. I have a horrible

> better. I have been dx with impetigo, MRSA, etc. I found a pic of

> someones arms that look like mine and i cried. I felt such a relief.

> I thought i was going crazy. I am constantly tired thyroid problems

> etc. My husband doesnt understand and said if i get my implants out

> he doesnt want to see a wrinkled nutsack on my chest! I have cried

> for days over that. I have a capsularlly contracture I am in alot of

> pain in my shoulder and neck. Not to mention a huge ball on my left

> side. Does anyone know why the rash occurs. Please let me know. I

> am so thankful for this site. You all have helped me when i feel so

> alone. thanks ilena

>

Guest guest

Ilena,

I am so very sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. I know

how hard this is, and my husband was not supportive either. After I

had the explant he was supportive, but beforehand he was a monster.

I felt like he was in charge of what I did with my body and it made

me very angry. I remember while I was contemplating implants, he

said that a bad boob job would still look better than the way I

looked in my natural state, and honestly that's what made me decide

to get them. When I started getting sick (which was only a few

weeks after implanting) he said I was being neurotic, and not to

blame the implants. What you need to know is that the right surgeon

can make you look very good after explant - I am very happy with my

results and so are many others. I'm speechless about the wrinkled

nutsack comment - and I would recommend thinking solely of what is

best for yourself. No one but YOU has to live inside that body of

yours, and no one but YOU should decide what's best for your body.

Once I got tough with my husband, he fell into line, but when I was

weak he walked all over me. I told him I was getting my implants

removed with or without him, and he found out about my impending

surgery while I was in my car driving to Ohio to meet with Dr. Feng

(because every time I tried to bring up the subject, he would fly

into a rage).

I don't know for sure why some women get the rash, but I would

imagine it's because of the toxins inside the implants. It seems to

happen to quite a few women.

Sis

--- In , " ilena_01 " <ilena_01@...>

wrote:

>

> since everyone said saline is safe. Now that I have had every

medical

> test in the world and i am normal I still feel bad. I have a

horrible

> better. I have been dx with impetigo, MRSA, etc. I found a pic

of

> someones arms that look like mine and i cried. I felt such a

relief.

> I thought i was going crazy. I am constantly tired thyroid

problems

> etc. My husband doesnt understand and said if i get my implants

out

> he doesnt want to see a wrinkled nutsack on my chest! I have

cried

> for days over that. I have a capsularlly contracture I am in alot

of

> pain in my shoulder and neck. Not to mention a huge ball on my

left

> side. Does anyone know why the rash occurs. Please let me know.

I

> am so thankful for this site. You all have helped me when i feel

so

> alone. thanks ilena

>