RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

New to group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Anytime you have questions regarding school or what it is like to be an OB nurse, ask away. , welcome and best wishes. amandashea97 wrote: ,Nice to meet you! I'm , a new nursing student with dreams of specializing in OB/L & D. I've only been on the groups for a couple of weeks, but they have some really great informative posts here. I hope you

will enjoy it here too.Blessings,(: :)>> Hi guys! My name is , I'm new here. I'm a fairly new L & D > nurse (Graduated from Nursing school in December and have worked L & D > since January). I love Labor and Delivery, I've wanted to work in OB > for as long as I can remember. I live just outside of Dallas, TX in a > town called Carrollton and work in Irving (both just outside dallas). > I just thought i'd say hi.> > >TAKE CARE SABRINA..............

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.

Guest guest

Thank you, !

Blessings,

(: :)

>

>

>

> Anytime you have questions regarding school or what it is like to

be an OB nurse, ask away.

>

> , welcome and best wishes.

>

>

Guest guest

"Jane's comment about her son's depression returning concerns me"...

, most improvements in any type of neurofeedback are permanent, BUT....life happens, there are other considerations besides neurofeedback (neurotransmitter balance, nutritional considerations, re-injury, toxic overload, allergies, on-going neurological problems, etc.).

So, it's definitely worth it to give neurofeedback a try....just be open to the unfolding as it occurs.

new to group

Hi All,Most of what you’re talking about is going way over my head J but I wanted to introduce myself, tell you why I’m here, and ask a question.

I am planning to do neurofeedback with a practitioner because I suffered a head injury last year and have never been able to function at the level I once did. My hope and plan is to get myself functioning at a higher level again and then I want to do training, possibly with my husband, so that we can use nfb on our children for various reasons. So we are planning a huge investment of time and money. I’m awaiting the “The Healing Power of Neurofeedback” by Steve Larson. Jane’s post on her son’s depression returning concerns me. From what I’ve read so far, I thought the changes were permanent?

I’m located in NH. If there are any groups or training around here please let me know.

Pete, thanks for your call, and so glad to hear your FIL is better.

Guest guest

, most improvements in any type of neurofeedback are permanent, BUT....life happens, there are other considerations besides neurofeedback (neurotransmitter balance, nutritional considerations, re-injury, toxic overload, allergies, on-going neurological problems, etc.).

So, it's definitely worth it to give neurofeedback a try....just be open to the unfolding as it occurs.

new to group

Hi All,Most of what you’re talking about is going way over my head J but I wanted to introduce myself, tell you why I’m here, and ask a question.

I am planning to do neurofeedback with a practitioner because I suffered a head injury last year and have never been able to function at the level I once did. My hope and plan is to get myself functioning at a higher level again and then I want to do training, possibly with my husband, so that we can use nfb on our children for various reasons. So we are planning a huge investment of time and money. I’m awaiting the “The Healing Power of Neurofeedback” by Steve Larson. Jane’s post on her son’s depression returning concerns me. From what I’ve read so far, I thought the changes were permanent?

I’m located in NH. If there are any groups or training around here please let me know.

Guest guest

new to group

Guest guest

Welcome,

There are several on this forum for whom a personal journey became a professional career. I am the survivor of a severe head injury who credits NFB with saving my sanity, plus some. Yes, it is a major investment, but you can do it more economically through the advice of Pete, etc. than you might think.

NFB is a long term solution. That doesn't mean it makes you invulnerable to new catastrophes, etc. I've seen regression as the result of poor diet, family strife, medical changes, aging, etc. I have yet to see a regression without a cause. So take hope and move forward, etc.//Peder

Peder H. Fagerholm, PhD, BCIAC/BCIA-EEGClinical Psychophysiology2947 Owens Point TrailKennesaw, GA 30152-6511 (H) © Attention Development Programs2947 Owens Point TrailKennesaw, GA 30152 Associate Professor - Aviation Science (adjunct)Embry Riddle Aeronautical UniversityAtlanta Extended Campus Marietta, GA 30060 Associate Professor - Graduate Studies (adjunct)Central Michigan UniversityMetro Atlanta CampusAtlanta, GA 30339

Guest guest

Welcome,

There are several on this forum for whom a personal journey became a professional career. I am the survivor of a severe head injury who credits NFB with saving my sanity, plus some. Yes, it is a major investment, but you can do it more economically through the advice of Pete, etc. than you might think.

NFB is a long term solution. That doesn't mean it makes you invulnerable to new catastrophes, etc. I've seen regression as the result of poor diet, family strife, medical changes, aging, etc. I have yet to see a regression without a cause. So take hope and move forward, etc.//Peder

Peder H. Fagerholm, PhD, BCIAC/BCIA-EEGClinical Psychophysiology2947 Owens Point TrailKennesaw, GA 30152-6511 (H) © Attention Development Programs2947 Owens Point TrailKennesaw, GA 30152 Associate Professor - Aviation Science (adjunct)Embry Riddle Aeronautical UniversityAtlanta Extended Campus Marietta, GA 30060 Associate Professor - Graduate Studies (adjunct)Central Michigan UniversityMetro Atlanta CampusAtlanta, GA 30339

Guest guest

Welcome,

Guest guest

Hi ,

Like many things in life, our expectations sometimes are our downfall. If you keep things in perspective and give it a try, you should be pleasantly surprised. We started down this road with our daughter about 17 months ago. We are happy in the changes our daughter has undertaken. Can we be sure that it was NF alone? No. But doing all we can do as parents have helped. Since life is so complicated, there is no silver bullet that will fix everything.

To quote one of my daughter's Disney movies she likes, "expect the unexpected".

jim

Re: new to group

Welcome,

Guest guest

Hi Jacquie! Welcome to the group! This is a very supportive group and I am glad to have you here!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "jcqcoops" Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:25:38 -0000To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: new to group Hi my names Jacquie and I live in Cornwall,UK with my husband,my eldest son who is 11yrs and has ADHD ,and my youngest son who is 8yrs and has Autism.Drew(youngest)has almost no speech,wears nappies and stims ALOT!! Until recentely we have just gone along,getting by with fairly minor problems.Now...well Drew has started the screaming and shouting,it started when he was at home at weekends(boredom?)and has progressed to occasional outburts at school and almost constantly at home now.He also seems to be over stimulated now by the things hes always enjoyed.So this very distressing behaviour has led me to start researching the biomedical side,starting with attempting to introduce GF diet(not easy when he only eats 3 or 4 foods!!)and replacing the juice he has always had which Ive discovered is full of aspartame!I would really like to start chelation therapy and am currently looking into practioners in the UK. Thanks for reading and hope to speak to some of you soon.

Guest guest

Hi, Jacquie...I just wanted to chime in a welcome to you as well. I really like to make it a point to do this, as I love it when I'm new and others do it for me!!! LOL --- nothing like it coming purely from my heart. LOL -- It does, I'm just being silly...Glad you are here!

Welcome to the group, may you find all the help and support you need here!!!

Blessings to you,

e

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 3:14:45 PMSubject: Re: new to group

Thankyou for the welcome StacieJacquie

Guest guest

Hi Jacquie,

So glad you joined this group. I love it here! This is a very active group.

If you post a

question or comment you are sure to get a response the same day. My youngest

(out of

4) will be 5 in 3 weeks. He has high functioning autism, global developmental

delays, and

some metabolic health issues. I can't imagine how difficult it is for the lot

of you whose

children are essentially non verbal. There are others on this board whose

children are non

verbal and some who are on/have tried GF/CF. You will find much support here.

Deanna

>

> Hi my names Jacquie and I live in Cornwall,UK with my husband,my eldest

> son who is 11yrs and has ADHD ,and my youngest son who is 8yrs and has

> Autism.Drew(youngest)has almost no speech,wears nappies and stims ALOT!!

> Until recentely we have just gone along,getting by with fairly minor

> problems.Now...well Drew has started the screaming and shouting,it

> started when he was at home at weekends(boredom?)and has progressed to

> occasional outburts at school and almost constantly at home now.He also

> seems to be over stimulated now by the things hes always enjoyed.So

> this very distressing behaviour has led me to start researching the

> biomedical side,starting with attempting to introduce GF diet(not easy

> when he only eats 3 or 4 foods!!)and replacing the juice he has always

> had which Ive discovered is full of aspartame!I would really like to

> start chelation therapy and am currently looking into practioners in

> the UK.

> Thanks for reading and hope to speak to some of you soon.

>

Guest guest

Hi Debbie,

Welcome to the group. I also live in Australia Qld Gracemere. I am Lorraine,

my husband and I have 6 kids, 1 with Autism. Keanu is 4 (nearly 5) In

Queensland we have Autism Queensland that you can apply for membership to.

Unfortunately Keanu has managed to fall through the cracks and not received much

help from them. You may find something like this in New South Wales.

I have been very forunate that my sister in Rockhampton as a son who is nearly

15 that has helped me with working out ways to get on top of Keanu's behaviours.

I also have seen a Child Psycologist for the last 12 months. I am afraid that

she gave me some good hints but from time to time we are still struggling with

the same behaviours that I originately went to see her about.

I don't have much new advise for you, but I am glad to meet you through the

group.

Gods Richest Blessings to all

Rainey

>

> Hello Group,

>

> I am Debbie and live in Sydney Australia and I have a 10yo son who is High

Functioning Autism. I have been reading a lot of your posts and have noticed

that there are a fair number of you in the US. I first realised my son was " not

normal " at around the age of 4 and set out to discover what the problem was. It

took 4 years to finally get a name to put to the behaviours which gave me such a

sense of relief because now I could get some help for him. But I have come

across yet another dead end. I don't know where to go from here or who to turn

to for help. My GP is of no help whatsoever, the Pediatrician who first saw him

wanted to put him on Ritalin oh and by the way she also wanted to put him in her

current study about the effects of Ritalin on growth rates in children. He was

seeing a Child Psycologist, she was teaching him social skills which he was also

learning at school through the school councellor so I asked the Psycologist if

she could concentrate more on the bigger issues like controlling his anger and

leaving the social skills with the school councellor but she just ignored my

request and the anger issues got worse. So I stopped seeing her. As it is here

in Australia you can only see a Child Psycologist 12 times a year at the

subsidised rate and even that is $200 per session, so finances was also a

factor. Now I don't know where to go or what to do. I am enrolling him in

Riding for the Disabled as I have heard that it greatly improves social skills.

>

> Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

>

> Debbie - Sydney.

>

Guest guest

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just found this podcast and have been

listening to the episodes in order every night. For the first time in a while, I

am hopeful.

I have been struggling to lose 30 lbs since my twins were born in 2005. I had a

difficult pregnancy with complications. The physical, mental, and emotional

changes that have happened to my body in this time have been immense. Not to

mention that becoming a mom of twins has been a life-changer in an of iteself!

I'm sad because I feel like the weight issue has sucked up so much of my energy

and joy the past few years, when I should have been enjoying my twins and my new

life as a mom. I never had a weight problem growing up. It truly snuck up on me

in my 30's, and especially after a difficult pregnancy.

I am considering plastic surgery, because I have convinced myself (maybe a

limiting belief) that the fat around my middle was caused by the pregnancy and

will not go away without surgery. I have given myself a year to save $$ for the

surgery, and lose as much weight as possible. That is when I found the podcast,

and for the first time have hope that I might not have to have surgery after

all.

I am obsessed with losing weight. It is embarrassing to me how much time and

space it takes up in my brain. It seems like no matter how " good " I am, it's

never good enough. I have changed so many eating habits in the past 4 years. Had

I not, I'm sure I would have more of a weight problem than I do. However, it

never seems to be enough to create the caloric deficit I need to lose weight. I

have gained and lost 10 lbs over the 4 years, but decided that diets were not

the way to go since I always gain the weight back.

Anyway, that's me! I love yoga, walking, and laughing. I am thankful to

for the podcast and I look forward to being a part of the group.

Thanks!

js

Guest guest

Hey, JS It's good to see you on here!

I must admit when I read your post I was amazed, your last few years have been a

mirror image of my own! I had my twins in 2006 and have had very similar issues

since, including trying to shed 30 pounds. Through this podcast I've discovered

a very new way of thinking about the " weight issue " . I realized that my issue

was not actually about the weight I thought I needed to lose, it was about the

real issue underneath of feeling as if I'd " lost " some of my identity (or what I

thought was my identity) when I became a new Mom (also in my 30's). 's

podcast led me to explore meditation more thoroughly and I found that in the end

it was the mindfulness brought by that practice that has revealed my actual

issues. I have lost 30 pounds (it's been about a year since I started listening

and meditating regularly, but I'm really not keeping track of time) and feel

good about it. What I feel even better about, however is having found a new

path to peace and to loving kindness. Obviously I have good days and bad days

still, but at least I no longer judge myself or define myself according to what

I used to be or how I *think* I ought to be. I just be- and find the beauty

around me outside of myself. The gratitude I experience daily for all my

blessings keeps me grounded.

Please don't beat yourself up too badly or feel too sad about spending time and

energy thinking of your weight instead of enjoying the kids, and the rest of

your life. Everyone's journey is as it is for a reason, I believe. I know

firsthand how stressed you probably are and how much you probably run yourself

ragged! The good thing about this podcast is it planted the seed for me to

cultivate tolerance for my own reactions to the stress and exhaustion, and to

give myself permission to slack off in order to save my sanity. It taught me

how to be gentle with myself.

As for the plastic surgery, the verdict is still out on that one. Like I said,

I have my good days and my bad. We are in the exact same boat, I think. Hate

to say it, but for me the belly has not gone away, it's just saggier and more

deflated ;-) which is not attractive, needless to say. I do have a waistline

now though, and look far better in my clothes than even before I was pregnant so

I count my blessing thusly. My suggestion (if you're interested) is try not to

think about the surgery issue for now and focus on working on your insides to

see where it takes you. I know it made me a whole lot happier, made me like

myself a whole lot more, and greatly the reduced the instances of yelling at

kids and husband. Needless to say, they respect Mama's meditation time.

Much love to you, and best intentions!

>

> Hi,

>

> Just wanted to introduce myself. I just found this podcast and have been

listening to the episodes in order every night. For the first time in a while, I

am hopeful.

>

> I have been struggling to lose 30 lbs since my twins were born in 2005. I had

a difficult pregnancy with complications. The physical, mental, and emotional

changes that have happened to my body in this time have been immense. Not to

mention that becoming a mom of twins has been a life-changer in an of iteself!

>

> I'm sad because I feel like the weight issue has sucked up so much of my

energy and joy the past few years, when I should have been enjoying my twins and

my new life as a mom. I never had a weight problem growing up. It truly snuck up

on me in my 30's, and especially after a difficult pregnancy.

>

> I am considering plastic surgery, because I have convinced myself (maybe a

limiting belief) that the fat around my middle was caused by the pregnancy and

will not go away without surgery. I have given myself a year to save $$ for the

surgery, and lose as much weight as possible. That is when I found the podcast,

and for the first time have hope that I might not have to have surgery after

all.

> I am obsessed with losing weight. It is embarrassing to me how much time and

space it takes up in my brain. It seems like no matter how " good " I am, it's

never good enough. I have changed so many eating habits in the past 4 years. Had

I not, I'm sure I would have more of a weight problem than I do. However, it

never seems to be enough to create the caloric deficit I need to lose weight. I

have gained and lost 10 lbs over the 4 years, but decided that diets were not

the way to go since I always gain the weight back.

>

> Anyway, that's me! I love yoga, walking, and laughing. I am thankful to

for the podcast and I look forward to being a part of the group.

>

> Thanks!

> js

>

Guest guest

Shauna,I just wanted to say welcome to the group! I'm sorry that your doctor is taking the wait and see approach but there are many doctors out there that have no idea how to treat infantile scoliosis. Have you had an MRI done yet? The docs here in the States always do an MRI to rule out other problems and to see if it's congenital. Do what you think is right and go to another doctor. A curve that high is not going to resolve on its own... that's what I was told when my daughter was at 46 degrees before we were referred to someone that could help her. I know that your health care is different from what we do here but there are other families in this group from Canada who will hopefully chime in and possibly get you going in the

right direction. I wish you all the best and if I can be of any help, please let me know. I'm always willing to give out my number or take personal emails. Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 4th cast (Rochester) & mom to & EvanTo: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Wed, February 10, 2010 3:36:59 AMSubject: New to Group

Hello,

My name is Shauna Leamy. My Children are Kieran Leamy, Kelsey Leamy and a baby due in April who we are planning on naming at this time. My husband is . We live in Sooke BC, Canada.

My son Kieran has had scoliosis since he was born, but was not diagnosed until he was 4 months old, Christmas of 2008. He is now 18 months old. His treatment has been "wait and see" until very recently and his curve is now 71 degrees (0.05 degrees from 72, usually stated as 72 by doctor.) He is in his first brace, custom made as the boston brace company had no brace for him. We are just starting to explore treatment options and the possibility of a congenital condition existing.

We are hoping for the very best outcomes for our son, but it feels like time is passing so fast. We're starting to reach out to medical professionals beyond the doctor in our area, whose professional opinion of best treatment has been "wait and see" and finishes all his notes with "I expect his curve will in time fully self correct." and does not believe in diagnostics. In my opinion, in the last week or two, he has reevaluated this rosy view of infantile scoliosis, but we are still several weeks off from seeing him again. In the mean time we are being referred to a medical professional in a bigger center, in Vancouver, although we don't really know what to think of the kinds of treatments he prefers until we know more about why our son has scoliosis and we are exploring the direction of the Shriners.

My husband has also recently joined the group too. We are very glad to be a part of this group and look forward to getting better acquainted.

The journeys I have read so far on this group are amazing, and so full of success, valuable and critical information, and good advice. The journeys of your children I have read are amazing too and very comforting. Thank you for having me in your group and I am so very pleased to meet you all.

Guest guest

Shauna,I just wanted to say welcome to the group! I'm sorry that your doctor is taking the wait and see approach but there are many doctors out there that have no idea how to treat infantile scoliosis. Have you had an MRI done yet? The docs here in the States always do an MRI to rule out other problems and to see if it's congenital. Do what you think is right and go to another doctor. A curve that high is not going to resolve on its own... that's what I was told when my daughter was at 46 degrees before we were referred to someone that could help her. I know that your health care is different from what we do here but there are other families in this group from Canada who will hopefully chime in and possibly get you going in the

right direction. I wish you all the best and if I can be of any help, please let me know. I'm always willing to give out my number or take personal emails. Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 4th cast (Rochester) & mom to & EvanTo: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Wed, February 10, 2010 3:36:59 AMSubject: New to Group

Hello,

My name is Shauna Leamy. My Children are Kieran Leamy, Kelsey Leamy and a baby due in April who we are planning on naming at this time. My husband is . We live in Sooke BC, Canada.

My son Kieran has had scoliosis since he was born, but was not diagnosed until he was 4 months old, Christmas of 2008. He is now 18 months old. His treatment has been "wait and see" until very recently and his curve is now 71 degrees (0.05 degrees from 72, usually stated as 72 by doctor.) He is in his first brace, custom made as the boston brace company had no brace for him. We are just starting to explore treatment options and the possibility of a congenital condition existing.

We are hoping for the very best outcomes for our son, but it feels like time is passing so fast. We're starting to reach out to medical professionals beyond the doctor in our area, whose professional opinion of best treatment has been "wait and see" and finishes all his notes with "I expect his curve will in time fully self correct." and does not believe in diagnostics. In my opinion, in the last week or two, he has reevaluated this rosy view of infantile scoliosis, but we are still several weeks off from seeing him again. In the mean time we are being referred to a medical professional in a bigger center, in Vancouver, although we don't really know what to think of the kinds of treatments he prefers until we know more about why our son has scoliosis and we are exploring the direction of the Shriners.

My husband has also recently joined the group too. We are very glad to be a part of this group and look forward to getting better acquainted.

The journeys I have read so far on this group are amazing, and so full of success, valuable and critical information, and good advice. The journeys of your children I have read are amazing too and very comforting. Thank you for having me in your group and I am so very pleased to meet you all.

Guest guest

Hello,

Guest guest

HI Shauna, Welcome to the group! Thank you for sharing your story with us!My best advice is like Heidi's to get your son in with a Mehta trained Dr. ASAP. The "wait and see" approach is really frustrating to me in that my daughter went to one and because of it, she went from 25 degrees to 74 degrees in only 3 months. A lot of time was wasted and we could have had her corrected a lot earlier. However, we are very thankful with God's guidance, we found the CAST group and got her into Chicago Shriners with a Mehta trained Dr just in the nick of time before she could have had permanent damage to her organs. I am glad you found this group as I think you will find it very helpful! I hope you take our advice and get your son in right away! Timing is crucial! Good luck and please keep us posted!Oh, PS. As a

positive encouragement for you: Our daughter started casting with a 74 degree curve, but a year and a half later and 8 casts, she's down to 12 degrees in her first brace! :)ShaunaMother of Hadley(2 1/2 years). Hadley started with a 74 degree curve and 8 casts later is down to 12 degrees and is now in her first brace. *With God, all things are possible* Mathew 19:26Subject: New to GroupTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 2:36 AM

Hello,

Guest guest

Hi and Nate, welcome!

We are in SLC right now for our son's 6th cast tomorrow. You could not have a better doctor/team and hospital. We absolutely love them. Dr. D'A is awesome.

Most people like to stay at the Crystal Inn or The University Guest House. The Crystal Inn is more "downtown" and the UH is on the very clean, quiet college campus, both about a ten minute drive from the hospital. It is a lovely hospital with mountain views, not that you want to have to go, but it adds some beauty to the experience. It also has a huge circular playroom with toys for the kids. These hotels are not fancy/chi chi, but do have good rates for Shriners' visits. Crystal has a pool, but we like the University Guest house. Both have snack shops in the lobby and are a short drive from the Zoo and a Children's Museum. We didn't venture out to do that until our second trip on "cast off" day.

If you haven't read it, check out the What to Expect on the first cast trip/diapering and bathing tips on the top left side of the home page of infantilescoliosis.org

There is a video further down of our son Bexon on that same home page, 24 hours after his first cast one year ago, he is in the SLC playroom running at 19 months old.

Ask me anything! I can write more when we're back home... Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2.5 years old, in 5th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 23)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Wed, February 17, 2010 12:42:22 PMSubject: New to group

Hi everyone,We are new to the group. Our 2-year old daughter Audrey will be receiving a cast next week in Salt Lake City. She has been wearing a brace the past four months, and we would like to know what to expect from our stay at Shriners, as well as any advice you have for us and for taking care of Audrey in a cast.Thanks, and Nate Dawson

Guest guest

Hi and Nate, welcome!

We are in SLC right now for our son's 6th cast tomorrow. You could not have a better doctor/team and hospital. We absolutely love them. Dr. D'A is awesome.

Most people like to stay at the Crystal Inn or The University Guest House. The Crystal Inn is more "downtown" and the UH is on the very clean, quiet college campus, both about a ten minute drive from the hospital. It is a lovely hospital with mountain views, not that you want to have to go, but it adds some beauty to the experience. It also has a huge circular playroom with toys for the kids. These hotels are not fancy/chi chi, but do have good rates for Shriners' visits. Crystal has a pool, but we like the University Guest house. Both have snack shops in the lobby and are a short drive from the Zoo and a Children's Museum. We didn't venture out to do that until our second trip on "cast off" day.

If you haven't read it, check out the What to Expect on the first cast trip/diapering and bathing tips on the top left side of the home page of infantilescoliosis.org

There is a video further down of our son Bexon on that same home page, 24 hours after his first cast one year ago, he is in the SLC playroom running at 19 months old.

Ask me anything! I can write more when we're back home... Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2.5 years old, in 5th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 23)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Wed, February 17, 2010 12:42:22 PMSubject: New to group

Hi everyone,We are new to the group. Our 2-year old daughter Audrey will be receiving a cast next week in Salt Lake City. She has been wearing a brace the past four months, and we would like to know what to expect from our stay at Shriners, as well as any advice you have for us and for taking care of Audrey in a cast.Thanks, and Nate Dawson

Guest guest

Hi and Nate, welcome!