RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Introduction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hahaha! I was trying to figure out a long while what the HIV-remark was meaning. Thought it was a language problem : )

Thank you for the relieve of not having to think about it any moren : )

Lida

Re: Introduction

Oops, that should be EXCEPT HIV. Usually positive is good.And peer-assessment means, "what do you all think, do I think I fit"?> > > > > > Hi,> > > > welcome , what does 'a negative diagnostic result' mean? and > > what does 'seeking for peer assessment' involve?> > > > Kind Regards,> > > > FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship, support and acceptance. Everyone is valued.

Guest guest

writes:

I consider myself a " peer " . I consider myself AS. But I am asking

the groups opinion. Do you know what my score of 34 on the 50

question test means?

Responding question:

Which test? Did you take Baron-Cohen's EQ or SQ tests? Did you take a generic

" Are you autistic? " test? Apparently I missed the post that described the test

you took. I wish to be of assistance but ...

e

FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship, support and

acceptance. Everyone is valued.

Guest guest

, if YOU consider yourself to be an Aspie and the medical

practitioners consider you to be an Aspie, it doesn't matter what

anyone else says -- you are an Aspie. From experience as well as

knowledge on the matter, I can tell you that Aspies never test well

regardless of the test. :-D

Raven

" I consider myself a " peer " . I consider myself

AS. But I am asking the groups opinion. Do you know what my score

of 34 on the 50 question test means? "

Guest guest

I don't have much time on-line usually. But if you up thread in tmy

introduction you will see Inger susggest two on-line tests.

Yes, I have taken Baron-Cohen's test. That and his book essential

difference start my awareness.

> writes:

>

> I consider myself a " peer " . I consider myself AS. But I am asking

> the groups opinion. Do you know what my score of 34 on the 50

> question test means?

>

> Responding question:

>

> Which test? Did you take Baron-Cohen's EQ or SQ tests? Did you

take a generic " Are you autistic? " test? Apparently I missed the

post that described the test you took. I wish to be of assistance

but ...

>

> e

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I don't have much time on-line usually. But if you up thread in tmy

introduction you will see Inger susggest two on-line tests.

Yes, I have taken Baron-Cohen's test. That and his book essential

difference start my awareness.

> writes:

>

> I consider myself a " peer " . I consider myself AS. But I am asking

> the groups opinion. Do you know what my score of 34 on the 50

> question test means?

>

> Responding question:

>

> Which test? Did you take Baron-Cohen's EQ or SQ tests? Did you

take a generic " Are you autistic? " test? Apparently I missed the

post that described the test you took. I wish to be of assistance

but ...

>

> e

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I do not even know what the tests are.

I did a lot of process work before coming to terms with the diagnosis too.

Then I did what I have to do with a lot of things, I wrote it all down and made a short book then went forward with my life accepting this is who I am regardless of what "they" call it.

Now, when I am with people that understand it I am more comfortable just being me, like here.

Ruth

endtrace wrote:

> > > > > > > > > Hi,> > > > > > welcome , what does 'a negative diagnostic result' mean? > and > > > what does 'seeking for peer assessment' involve?> > > > > > Kind Regards,> > > > > > > > > > > > > FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship, support and acceptance. Everyone is valued. > > >

Guest guest

I do not even know what the tests are.

I did a lot of process work before coming to terms with the diagnosis too.

Then I did what I have to do with a lot of things, I wrote it all down and made a short book then went forward with my life accepting this is who I am regardless of what "they" call it.

Now, when I am with people that understand it I am more comfortable just being me, like here.

Ruth

endtrace wrote:

> > > > > > > > > Hi,> > > > > > welcome , what does 'a negative diagnostic result' mean? > and > > > what does 'seeking for peer assessment' involve?> > > > > > Kind Regards,> > > > > > > > > > > > > FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship, support and acceptance. Everyone is valued. > > >

Guest guest

Your welcome e.

My areas of interest are communication, interaction, technology, the

arts, personal development and spirituality

> > writes:

> >

> > I consider myself a " peer " . I consider myself AS. But I am

asking

> > the groups opinion. Do you know what my score of 34 on the 50

> > question test means?

> >

> > Responding question:

> >

> > Which test? Did you take Baron-Cohen's EQ or SQ tests? Did you

> take a generic " Are you autistic? " test? Apparently I missed the

> post that described the test you took. I wish to be of assistance

> but ...

> >

> > e

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Your welcome e.

My areas of interest are communication, interaction, technology, the

arts, personal development and spirituality

> > writes:

> >

> > I consider myself a " peer " . I consider myself AS. But I am

asking

> > the groups opinion. Do you know what my score of 34 on the 50

> > question test means?

> >

> > Responding question:

> >

> > Which test? Did you take Baron-Cohen's EQ or SQ tests? Did you

> take a generic " Are you autistic? " test? Apparently I missed the

> post that described the test you took. I wish to be of assistance

> but ...

> >

> > e

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hello Donna, So glad that you found us through our dear Johanna. Sorry to hear that you are going through this with your husband. We have other wives,girlfriends,lifemates here that are the caregivers and supporters of their mates. Sometimes it is you as the caregiver that has to take that first step forward to getting the information and education so that you can understand and lead your husband. Yes, many times us with Hep C can get that mind set of being the King or Queen of De-Nile(play on words here). But as the illness goes on at one point you and your husband have to face the reality of this diease. So we are here for you, to help you through that. Believe me, this is the best group on the net. Because of the member here. We have researchers here(Liz,Jackie and not forgetting the many others) that if a question comes to the board

they do their dead level best to make sure it is answered with the most current and informative and correct information possible. We have others here that will wrap you in their arms and make you feel safe. The thing about this group, we have members from the ages of 17 to ??? So you get a wide amount of support here. Much love and hugs, Janetisgrig77 wrote: Hi, My name is Donna and my husband has Hepc with cirrrhosis. We have a 14 yr. old and a 2yr. old and really need Dad to get well. I met Johanna and she thought we could use the support of this group. Joe tryed Pegintron but failed to respond. We are planning to try again with daily Infergen shots

and Riba in January. The treatment made him very sick and depressed last time and I wish we could afford to wait for some of the better drugs but Joe already had considerable damage before we knew he had hep c. We are definately struggling around here and I have been letting the problems eat me up. I know I have to stop it and find some new ways to cope. My husband is not very involved with finding a solution. He is coping by trying not to think about it and I am thinking too much about it. I look forward to listening and sharing.Blessings,Donna I am a rock, I am island...and a rock feels no pain, and a island never cries...- Simon

Guest guest

Hello Donna, So glad that you found us through our dear Johanna. Sorry to hear that you are going through this with your husband. We have other wives,girlfriends,lifemates here that are the caregivers and supporters of their mates. Sometimes it is you as the caregiver that has to take that first step forward to getting the information and education so that you can understand and lead your husband. Yes, many times us with Hep C can get that mind set of being the King or Queen of De-Nile(play on words here). But as the illness goes on at one point you and your husband have to face the reality of this diease. So we are here for you, to help you through that. Believe me, this is the best group on the net. Because of the member here. We have researchers here(Liz,Jackie and not forgetting the many others) that if a question comes to the board

they do their dead level best to make sure it is answered with the most current and informative and correct information possible. We have others here that will wrap you in their arms and make you feel safe. The thing about this group, we have members from the ages of 17 to ??? So you get a wide amount of support here. Much love and hugs, Janetisgrig77 wrote: Hi, My name is Donna and my husband has Hepc with cirrrhosis. We have a 14 yr. old and a 2yr. old and really need Dad to get well. I met Johanna and she thought we could use the support of this group. Joe tryed Pegintron but failed to respond. We are planning to try again with daily Infergen shots

and Riba in January. The treatment made him very sick and depressed last time and I wish we could afford to wait for some of the better drugs but Joe already had considerable damage before we knew he had hep c. We are definately struggling around here and I have been letting the problems eat me up. I know I have to stop it and find some new ways to cope. My husband is not very involved with finding a solution. He is coping by trying not to think about it and I am thinking too much about it. I look forward to listening and sharing.Blessings,Donna I am a rock, I am island...and a rock feels no pain, and a island never cries...- Simon

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Buddy , nice to meet you and welcome to the group .

RE: Introduction

HELLO MY NAME IS BUDDY. i READ THE POSTS EACH DAY. I DONT COMMENT BUT I GET ALOT OUT OF THE POSTS. THANK YOU ALL. IN 96 I WAS TOLD I HAD HEP C I WENT TO SAN FRANCISCO FOR STUDIES AND SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN IN 2 DIFFERENT TREATMENTS BUT I DONT RESPOND I HAVE CIRR ALSO BUT I AM DOING GOOD IN 96 THEY TOLD ME IN 8 TO 10 YEARS MIGHT NEED A TRANSPLANT BUT I AM DOING GOOD JUST ALOT OF FATIGUE BUT I STILL WORK . NO MAJOR SYSTOMS. I PANICKED IN 96 THOUGHT I WAS DYING BUT AS YEARS GO BY I LOOK FOR DIFFERENT TREATMENTS AND ENVEN THOUGH NOT RESPONDING IM TOLD THEY DO GOOD TO MY LIVER. IM TOLD I GOT IT PROBABLY IN 69 IN VIETNAM.. THANK YOU ALL FOR LISTENING. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE...BUDDYJohanna wrote:

[Johanna (HEP C- MO)] Hi Donna!

Good to see you’ve joined the group. You’re going to be hard pressed to find a better group of people to get info and support, and the moderators here are full of professional and personal experience.

Sending good thoughts your way, and I’ll give you a call on Friday.

Hugs,

Johannaisgrig77 wrote:

Hi, My name is Donna and my husband has Hepc with cirrrhosis. We have a 14 yr. old and a 2yr. old and really need Dad to get well. I met Johanna and she thought we could use the support of this group. Joe tryed Pegintron but failed to respond. We are planning to try again with daily Infergen shots and Riba in January. The treatment made him very sick and depressed last time and I wish we could afford to wait for some of the better drugs but Joe already had considerable damage before we knew he had hep c. We are definately struggling around here and I have been letting the problems eat me up. I know I have to stop it and find some new ways to cope. My husband is not very involved with finding a solution. He is coping by trying not to think about it and I am thinking too much about it. I look forward to listening and sharing.Blessings,Donna

I am a rock, I am island...and a rock feels no pain, and a island never cries...- Simon

Guest guest

Hi Buddy , nice to meet you and welcome to the group .

RE: Introduction

HELLO MY NAME IS BUDDY. i READ THE POSTS EACH DAY. I DONT COMMENT BUT I GET ALOT OUT OF THE POSTS. THANK YOU ALL. IN 96 I WAS TOLD I HAD HEP C I WENT TO SAN FRANCISCO FOR STUDIES AND SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN IN 2 DIFFERENT TREATMENTS BUT I DONT RESPOND I HAVE CIRR ALSO BUT I AM DOING GOOD IN 96 THEY TOLD ME IN 8 TO 10 YEARS MIGHT NEED A TRANSPLANT BUT I AM DOING GOOD JUST ALOT OF FATIGUE BUT I STILL WORK . NO MAJOR SYSTOMS. I PANICKED IN 96 THOUGHT I WAS DYING BUT AS YEARS GO BY I LOOK FOR DIFFERENT TREATMENTS AND ENVEN THOUGH NOT RESPONDING IM TOLD THEY DO GOOD TO MY LIVER. IM TOLD I GOT IT PROBABLY IN 69 IN VIETNAM.. THANK YOU ALL FOR LISTENING. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE...BUDDYJohanna wrote:

[Johanna (HEP C- MO)] Hi Donna!

Good to see you’ve joined the group. You’re going to be hard pressed to find a better group of people to get info and support, and the moderators here are full of professional and personal experience.

Sending good thoughts your way, and I’ll give you a call on Friday.

Hugs,

Johannaisgrig77 wrote:

Hi, My name is Donna and my husband has Hepc with cirrrhosis. We have a 14 yr. old and a 2yr. old and really need Dad to get well. I met Johanna and she thought we could use the support of this group. Joe tryed Pegintron but failed to respond. We are planning to try again with daily Infergen shots and Riba in January. The treatment made him very sick and depressed last time and I wish we could afford to wait for some of the better drugs but Joe already had considerable damage before we knew he had hep c. We are definately struggling around here and I have been letting the problems eat me up. I know I have to stop it and find some new ways to cope. My husband is not very involved with finding a solution. He is coping by trying not to think about it and I am thinking too much about it. I look forward to listening and sharing.Blessings,Donna

I am a rock, I am island...and a rock feels no pain, and a island never cries...- Simon

Guest guest

Oh Donna First off,, WELCOME! You did the right thing to come here, we will help you as much as possible..I think the main thing is to educate yourselves about this disease and get all his labs and biopsy done to see IF he needs to do tx at this point or can wait until hopefully something easier and better comes along. Keep a copy of EVERY lab done and just everything that applies to his hep in a folder at home so you will be able to reference it as you need too. Well, we are here for you so let us know how we can help you and once again, WELCOME! jaxisgrig77 wrote: Hi, My name is Donna and my husband has Hepc with cirrrhosis. We have a 14 yr. old and a 2yr. old and really need Dad to get well. I met Johanna and she thought we could use the support of this

group. Joe tryed Pegintron but failed to respond. We are planning to try again with daily Infergen shots and Riba in January. The treatment made him very sick and depressed last time and I wish we could afford to wait for some of the better drugs but Joe already had considerable damage before we knew he had hep c. We are definately struggling around here and I have been letting the problems eat me up. I know I have to stop it and find some new ways to cope. My husband is not very involved with finding a solution. He is coping by trying not to think about it and I am thinking too much about it. I look forward to listening and sharing.Blessings,Donna Jackie

Guest guest

Oh Donna First off,, WELCOME! You did the right thing to come here, we will help you as much as possible..I think the main thing is to educate yourselves about this disease and get all his labs and biopsy done to see IF he needs to do tx at this point or can wait until hopefully something easier and better comes along. Keep a copy of EVERY lab done and just everything that applies to his hep in a folder at home so you will be able to reference it as you need too. Well, we are here for you so let us know how we can help you and once again, WELCOME! jaxisgrig77 wrote: Hi, My name is Donna and my husband has Hepc with cirrrhosis. We have a 14 yr. old and a 2yr. old and really need Dad to get well. I met Johanna and she thought we could use the support of this

group. Joe tryed Pegintron but failed to respond. We are planning to try again with daily Infergen shots and Riba in January. The treatment made him very sick and depressed last time and I wish we could afford to wait for some of the better drugs but Joe already had considerable damage before we knew he had hep c. We are definately struggling around here and I have been letting the problems eat me up. I know I have to stop it and find some new ways to cope. My husband is not very involved with finding a solution. He is coping by trying not to think about it and I am thinking too much about it. I look forward to listening and sharing.Blessings,Donna Jackie

Guest guest

Guest guest

"Hello, my name is Kelli...My fiance is living w/ Aids. He was diagnosed w/ the virus back in April of 2006 - at the time I was 3 months along w/ our child. I, at this point, am still negative and the same is w/ our baby girl. However, he was also diagnosed w/ a condition called MAC, something that confuses me. Thats where alot of my questions stem. If anyone has any information about the condition that they feel would be helpful please pass it along. Any information would be greatly appreciated.Thank you for your help in advance. ~Kelli~"Kelli,I think that if you go to TheBody.com or to AEGIS.org you can find answers to your questions about MAC.  MAC is a type of tuberculosis that is often seen in people living with HIV, especially at lower T cell counts.  Fortunately, these days, it is treatable, and improves as T cell counts respond to antiretroviral therapy. Barrowpozbod@...

Guest guest

Hello:

With the muscle testing that my Chiropractor does I have been tested

and able to reduce the amout of supplemental B-Complex needed. The

tea has b-vitamins and he told me I must be getting enough from the

tea. This is my own story about maybe needing less of a vitamin

supplement once taking Tea regularly.

~Connie~

>

> Hi Everyone,

>

> I'm new to this loop. I am sick with candida today.

> Yesterday I decided that I needed some on-line buddies

> so I would not feel so alone caring for, making and

> drinking Kombucha.

>

> Years ago I had a " mushroom " and I didn't really

> understand the benefits, had no support using Kombucha

> and I eventually let my colony die. So sad.

>

> Today I have an active growing colony and thoroughly

> enjoy all the information I have gotten from all the

> web sites.

>

> I drink a lot of Kombucha. Sometimes I actually crave

> it. Today with the candida infection I want to drink

> it all day. I was up in the night because I could not

> sleep and I only drank water because I did not want to

> have any of the stimulating effects of the caffeine.

>

> I also have myofacial pain syndrome and osteo-

> arthritis in my neck and knees. I got age spots years

> ago with my pregnancies when I was 30 and 38. I now

> have raised areas of " proud flesh " especially on my

> legs which has subsided a bit. I suspect that has

> reduced because I drink a lot of Kombucha.

>

> Can I drink too much Kombucha?

>

> Would I be better off treating my skin with blended

> old " mushrooms " ?

>

> Should I reduce the kind and number of supplement I

> take as I get better while drinking Kombucha?

>

> I'm not afraid to try new things. In fact I live in

> the hope that everything I need to live is here for me

> to choose as I need it. I look forward to happy times

> enjoying the company of all of you. And when I

> discover something new I'll share it with all of you.

>

> To Your Health,

>

> ann

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know.

> Ask your question on www.Answers.yahoo.com

>

Guest guest

Welcome, ! I know what you mean about the away from

motivation. Getting off meds or avoiding getting on them in the first

place is a huge motivation to eat healthy and keep the weight down.

When we moved home from Europe, my husband had a long-postponed

physical. He was put on blood pressure, pre-diabetic and cholestrol

meds! Eek! Scared the bejeebers out of us both. Last year, my

brother-in-law passed with cancer in 3 weeks from diagnosis, and it

levelled us all. He was the youngest of us, and it really really

scared us. We're not so afraid to die as to be sick, or to leave the

other one widowed. Anyway, he has managed to get off all the meds

now, and I am so proud of him!

I'm so happy we can all take this journey together and support one

another. I have not yet done a food journal, although writing

feelings and motivations is easier for me. I am just a little

resistant to actually writing down the food, for some reason...

Later,

Michele

>

> Hello Everyone,

>

> I wanted to introduce myself. My name is and I am a mother of

> three teens (16 Girl and twin boys 14), a single (divorced) woman who

> works full-time for a major company in St. Louis. I actually work from

> home the majority of the time and can be flexible in my schedule. I

> just recently found the podcasts and have listened to the first 3.

> I thought I would join the group to help in my weight loss journey.

>

> I have struggled with loosing weight on and off for many many years.

> In 2005 I was really feeling good physically, exercising regularly and

> eating right until I had surgery on my shoulder. I was very active

> before the surgery and it just knocked me down! It was open rotator

> cuff surgery and I was still on pain meds 5 months afterwards. During

> that time I was not active and was eating a lot. Since then I have had

> two other surgeries, including a knee, and have gained an additional

> 10 lbs. I am at the highest weight I have ever been, other than

> pregnancies of course.

>

> I started a few weeks ago keeping a food journal and have noticed that

> has helped make me much more aware of what I am eating. Now I just

> need to make this a consistent habit!

>

> I have just begun listening to the podcasts and have really enjoyed

> the first three. I am working the questions and writing my away from

> and to motivations. I have to say I learned a few things about myself

> on the away from. I didn't seem to want to admit how many health

> issues I could be causing by being overweight. I do see myself now

> throwing away that cholesterol meds when I have hit my goals!

>

>

>

Guest guest

--I hear ya! Know that we are here for you!

> Hey,

> I have struggled with weight for the last 30+ years and I have to say I

> am quite tired of the battle. I lost my 50 pounds in 04 and have gained

> back about 10 of that over the last 16 months. I have been really been

> white knuckling it trying to keep the gains to a minimum. But I have

> been losing the battle of the bulge. I listened to 's podcasts and

> it all makes such sense to me. I have been eating well and only when I

> am truly hungry for the past couple of weeks. My plan is to stay strong

> and reach my fitness goal along the way.

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Welcome Gloria. My wife quit smoking close to two years ago and also put on

extra weight. But she's working on losing it and the doctor said he'd much

rather have her working to shed some extra pounds than smoking.

Good luck!

Steve

Gloria Sawyers wrote:

Hi my name is Gloria, I am originally from the UK. I relocated to San

Diego, CA nine years ago. I never had a problem with weight until I

quit smoking. I quit smoking 4 years ago and believe it or not I have

never been so unhealthy as I am now. I am 60 pounds over weight and

frankly, I have had enough.

I found IOWL on itunes on Thursday and after listening to the preview

I subscribed immediately to the podcast and the group.

Yesterday, I purchased the Compulsion Buster mp3. What is my

compulsion, you ask? Well being British I typically drink 4-5 cups of

tea a day. My cups of tea are usually accompanied with 3-4 cookies

(or biscuits as we call them); which works out to maybe 15-20 a day.

This is something I have done since I was a child and still do - until

today.

Last night I listen to the Compulsion Buster and I woke up this

morning, made my cup of tea and had toast instead. I have had about 5

cups of tea today and not one cookie. I am ecstatic! Do you know how

many calories there is in one of the type of cookies I eat - between

40 -70 calories - now multiply that by cups of tea, doesn't bear

thinking about :-(

I will let you know how I get on.

Looking forward to learning about everyone, and I too, am glad to be here.

Have a good week.

Gloria

---------------------------------

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Welcome to the list, Robin. I’m sure you will learn a lot here-it’s

a great group, though the list activity ebbs and flows depending on how busy it’s

members are. J

Jeanine

OBnurses [mailto:OBnurses ] On Behalf Of robirn

Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 11:17 AM

To: OBnurses

Subject: [OBnurses] Introduction

Hi, I'm Robin. I'm new to the group.I am 44yrs

old and I am in the

process of beginning school to earn my RN license. I have always

been fascinated by pregnancy and childbirth and babies are my

absolute favorite thing in the world.

I have always wanted to work in labor and delivery but never thought

I could make it as a nurse. Now that I have raised 2 children, had

numerous pets through the years that I " doctored " at home, and just

general life " stuff " , I realize that I can do alot more than I ever

dreamed. So it's time to pursue my dream.

I work at a local hospital as a registration clerk in the MRI

department. It is part time evenings and most nights pretty slow so

I will have a fair amount of study time. Once I get through the STNA

training and take the test (pre-req for nursing)I will start

watching for a nursing assistant position to open in L & D so I have a

foot in the door when I get my license. I am hoping to get at least

A & P out of the way first, though.

Thanks for letting me join this group. I hope to learn alot.

Robin

Guest guest

Congrats on your graduation and new job!

I highly recommend that you join AWHONN, our national association. The dues work out to about $12 a month and you get so much for this, including fantastic monthly journals that will enhance your OB nursing practice greatly ( I read them the day they come in the mail), as well as offer you CEUs in each issue. Here are the benefits of joining:

http://awhonn.org/awhonn/binary.content.do?name=Resources/Documents/pdf/1F_RRCheatsheet.pdf

As far as malpractice, never depend on the hospital insurance policy. In the past, hospitals have refused to cover legal fees and monetary damages for some nurses, saying that they did not adhere to the unit's policy and procedure manual. Cady is a nurse attorney who has talked about this at many AWHONN conventions. I have always , for 30+ years, had the NSO $89 a year policy for total piece of mind. It's a tax deduction for you as well. www.nso.com

Gail Neuman RNC CPHWstudent midwife and student nurse practitionercertified high risk OB/OB legal consultantPerinatal Nurse Associates801 N. Tustin Ave., Suite 305Santa Ana, CA 92705 fax"God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try."--Mother Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!

Guest guest

So nice to hear from you! I especially enjoy " meeting " other homeschool

moms who have lived to tell about it. :-)

I've noticed some great changes too. Stepping back to access my

situation and think about if I am really hungry versus just tired and

stressed. I'm excited to see where this journey takes us!