RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, San Clemente...he also allows Dr. Leightman to use his office twice a year for clinics...cool huh?

, Mom to 13, DS, Southern CaliforniaTo succeed in life,you need three things:a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.~ Reba McIntyre

Diagnosis Down Syndrome: A Site of Hope for New Parents or Parents with a Prenatal Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/What to Say to Parents of a Child with a Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/speech.html

[DownSyndromeInfoExchange] (unknown)

I don't know the otherside but the Dr Sears' all promote it. You can find out some information at www.askdrsears.com

Sherry

Mom to Evan(7), Olivia(6), and (9/7/2004)*

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.13/1376 - Release Date: 4/13/2008 1:45 PM

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.13/1376 - Release Date: 4/13/2008 1:45 PM

Guest guest

Yes, San Clemente...he also allows Dr. Leightman to use his office twice a year for clinics...cool huh?

, Mom to 13, DS, Southern CaliforniaTo succeed in life,you need three things:a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.~ Reba McIntyre

Diagnosis Down Syndrome: A Site of Hope for New Parents or Parents with a Prenatal Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/What to Say to Parents of a Child with a Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/speech.html

I don't know the otherside but the Dr Sears' all promote it. You can find out some information at www.askdrsears.com

Sherry

Mom to Evan(7), Olivia(6), and (9/7/2004)*

Guest guest

Wow, Bruce, how sad for everyone involved. I hope that your child's mother would WANT to tell you all of the information so that this will not be traumatic for your child.

Can you attend therapy sessions and observe? That would help you a lot. Also, there are more than one form of sign language, ASL and Signing Exact English. ANd then there is stuff we make up as we go along.

I wish you luck, and looks like you have all the correct questions listed.

, Mom to 14, DS, Southern CaliforniaTo succeed in life,you need three things:a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.~ Reba McIntyre

Hi, I've a father of a 2 yr. old with DS. The mother and I are not together and I've been working thru the courts to be apart of my sons life. I trying to understand and get as much information as I can and it's been very diffcult to get information for my childs mother.The courts have giving me overnights visitations and I reaching out to anyone who can suggest anything that I should be aware of and/or concern. She has told me that my son knows 25 - 30 sign in communicating but has not shared with me what these signs are. Below are questions I've asked her if there is anything I've over looked please let know me.1. What is his routine at bedtime? Bath, snack, book, bed? Favorite foods? Foods to avoid? What time do you put him to sleep? 2. How long does it take him to fall asleep – does he do this on his own? 3. Bedtime rituals—does he like to be read before bed? Favorite book? 4. Any stuffed animals, blankets or furry friends to sleep with? If so may I borrow them? 5. Does he listen to music or something when he’s going to bed? 6. Does he wake up at night or does he sleep through the night, if so, what do you do (does he go back to sleep by himself)? A back rub, a belly rub, just some cuddles, snuggling, singing, reading? 7. Does he sleep with a night light? 8. What is his morning routine? 9. What is his bath time and is there any special routine you might do during this time? 10. Timing and frequency of naps. 11. Before bed time does he goes potty or brushes his teeth? 12. Does he drink milk right before bed? If so does he like it warm, hot, cold out of the fridge? 13. Are there particular foods/juices that don’t agree with his stomach? 14. Does he get ear infections easily? If ear infections, what are his signs? Ear tugging, fever, fretting? 15. If you give him children’s medicine, what besides Children Tylenol. 16. Any medications? If so what are the times and amounts for doses? 17. Are there any food allergies? Like and dislikes?Thanks__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

The Best advice I can give ... Treat your 2 yr. old like any other kid. You have asked all the right questions. You will get into a routine. Maybe like hers. Maybe your own. I applaud you for wanting to be a part of your child's life. That is a Huge step right there !!! Just give lots of love, Hugs & kisses and understanding . Everything else will fall into place. They know more than you think they do. Bruce wrote: Hi, I've a father of a 2 yr. old with DS. The mother and I are not together and I've been working thru the courts to be apart of my sons life. I trying to understand and get as much information as I can and it's been very diffcult to get information for my childs mother.The courts have giving me overnights visitations and I reaching out to anyone who can suggest anything that I should be aware of and/or concern. She has told me that my son knows 25 - 30 sign in communicating but has not shared with me what these signs are. Below are questions I've asked her if there is anything I've over looked please let know me.1. What is his routine at bedtime? Bath, snack, book, bed? Favorite foods? Foods to avoid? What time do you put him to sleep? 2. How long does it take him to fall asleep – does he do this on his own? 3.

Bedtime rituals—does he like to be read before bed? Favorite book? 4. Any stuffed animals, blankets or furry friends to sleep with? If so may I borrow them? 5. Does he listen to music or something when he’s going to bed? 6. Does he wake up at night or does he sleep through the night, if so, what do you do (does he go back to sleep by himself)? A back rub, a belly rub, just some cuddles, snuggling, singing, reading? 7. Does he sleep with a night light? 8. What is his morning routine? 9. What is his bath time and is there any special routine you might do during this time? 10. Timing and frequency of naps. 11. Before bed time does he goes potty or brushes his teeth? 12. Does he drink milk right before bed? If so does he like it warm, hot, cold out of the fridge? 13. Are there particular foods/juices that don’t agree with his stomach? 14. Does he get ear infections easily? If ear

infections, what are his signs? Ear tugging, fever, fretting? 15. If you give him children’s medicine, what besides Children Tylenol. 16. Any medications? If so what are the times and amounts for doses? 17. Are there any food allergies? Like and dislikes?Thanks__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ Hugs, Carol P.

Guest guest

Hi Bruce,

And Welcome!

First let me say congratulations. Seems to me you are taking a wonderful step into a wild ride of parenting a very special child. Its fun, exciting, interesting, and frustrating!... The National Down Syndrome Society has a campaign they launched entitled " We are more Alike than Different" and I think your questions reflect that. Those are the same questions you would as of about any 2 yr old.

As for the signs that your son knows, I would venture to say they are probably a combo of true sign and personal ones. I know for us, we have made up some for what we use routinely. And changed some that just are frankly too difficult for his little fingers to make, if we used ASL (American sign language) Here are a couple of links to look that you may find helpful in figuring out what he is saying, if she just wont tell you because she is hoping you fail. (which is wrong on many levels ... Argh)

http://library.thinkquest.org/5875/

http://www.handspeak.com/

http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/browser.htm

http://www.signingtime.com/ (videos)

Remember to look at stuff that you would think of using every day. Eat, play, go, happy, scared, hurt, ouch, etc...... At least this will give you a general idea of maybe what he could be using.

Another idea would be to take photos of common things around the house, (or get pictures of these things from magazines or the net). Example: banana, TV, bed, etc... Put them on index cards, and put them in a binder, or on a ring. Then if he wants something, and you cant figure it out, you have something he can go to and find the picture to help you understand.

Good luck !

Romero

-- [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] (unknown)

Hi, I've a father of a 2 yr. old with DS. The mother and I are not together and I've been working thru the courts to be apart of my sons life. I trying to understand and get as much information as I can and it's been very diffcult to get information for my childs mother.The courts have giving me overnights visitations and I reaching out to anyone who can suggest anything that I should be aware of and/or concern. She has told me that my son knows 25 - 30 sign in communicating but has not shared with me what these signs are. Below are questions I've asked her if there is anything I've over looked please let know me.1. What is his routine at bedtime? Bath, snack, book, bed? Favorite foods? Foods to avoid? What time do you put him to sleep? 2. How long does it take him to fall asleep – does he do this on his own? 3. Bedtime rituals—does he like to be read before bed? Favorite book? 4. Any stuffed animals, blankets or furry friends to sleep with? If so may I borrow them? 5. Does he listen to music or something when he’s going to bed? 6. Does he wake up at night or does he sleep through the night, if so, what do you do (does he go back to sleep by himself)? A back rub, a belly rub, just some cuddles, snuggling, singing, reading? 7. Does he sleep with a night light? 8. What is his morning routine? 9. What is his bath time and is there any special routine you might do during this time? 10. Timing and frequency of naps. 11. Before bed time does he goes potty or brushes his teeth? 12. Does he drink milk right before bed? If so does he like it warm, hot, cold out of the fridge? 13. Are there particular foods/juices that don’t agree with his stomach? 14. Does he get ear infections easily? If ear infections, what are his signs? Ear tugging, fever, fretting? 15. If you give him children’s medicine, what besides Children Tylenol. 16. Any medications? If so what are the times and amounts for doses? 17. Are there any food allergies? Like and dislikes?Thanks__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

you might also want to look at ShadowSyndyome group. THat group deals with high

functioning kids.

>

> Subject: (unknown)

> To: autism-georgia

> Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 10:45 PM

> Hey Guys,

> I would like to find parents of teenagers with High

> Functioning Autism. I would love to get some feed back from

> them on how to deal with there kids. How there kids are

> dealing with having Autism as a teenager.. I have a

> teenager that is 17 now and was just diagnose this year

> with autism. I live south of the Atlanta area.

>

Guest guest

go to unlockingautism.org then click on Parent to Parent

a list of us to help.

(unknown)

Hey Guys, I would like to find parents of teenagers with High Functioning Autism. I would love to get some feed back from them on how to deal with there kids. How there kids are dealing with having Autism as a teenager.. I have a teenager that is 17 now and was just diagnose this year with autism. I live south of the Atlanta area.

Guest guest

Dr. Dunbar is amazing. She's been working with our son for 8 years. Do you know about the floortime yahoo lists?http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Floortime/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/floortimers/I can't remember who off-hand, but there are people on the first list above who are familiar with Son-Rise.

Mike Fields

Has anyone heard of or attended the " Son-Rise Autism Treatment Program " in Mass.? We are working with Dr. Barbara Dunbar in Atlanta and doing the Floortime approach with our 3 1/2 year old son right now. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Dana

Guest guest

Alisha, it sounds like he has a complicated situation.  The lack of remorse and

lack of impulse control are not symptoms of OCD. 

(unknown)

I guess i should start by introducing myself. My name is Alisha and i have 5

kids.I am OCD bipolar DID PTSD and anxiety panic attacks. so i sorta know

where my son Cody who is 10 inherited his bipolar and OCD. OCD reared its ugly

head the most noticible when my son was in first grade when he was 6. he

became a compulsive hand washer till the skin was raw and gone from his hands

and they were big sores.then he moved on to touch nothing without special rubber

gloves.also at this time the anal retentiveness started so many physical tests

were done and so many enemas and bowel clennsing and still he remains anal

retentive to this day so he soils often.he was held back from first grade

because i had to withdrawl him mid year because he was so bad.the handwashing

stopped with the meds but the anal retantivenes never did.then he moved on to

obsessive thoughts that everything hed ever done wrong hed go to hell for.we had

never been to church so this fear of

gods wrath all of a sudden scared us.once again an increase in

meds stopped those obsessive thoughts but the anal remained.then he began

obsessing about little things and kept repeating the statement over and

over until we gave in or he finally moved on to his next obsessive thought.this

still remains to this day.he obsesses about money to the point he has stolen it

from family members in order to purchase the obsessed item.he takes apart bikes

and skate boards that he loves for no reason but the compulsion to take them

apart.He has no impulse control no sense of consequences and no remorse for

everything is done becouse he has to .this drive this obsession the compulsion

drives him to destroy what he loves most he is in a 30 day day treatment program

that ends in a week he has therapy in home 3 times a week and they are looking

into more resources for him and hopefully he sees the psychiatrist at the day

treatment program tuesday to adjust his meds

otherwise we must wait until 8/13 when he sees the family psyhiatrist.so

anyone who has any ideas or input or has similar OCD problems please email me.

Alisha Grinus

redsrandigene2@...

Guest guest

according to the dr and the three counselors it is part of the ocd

Alisha Grinus

redsrandigene2@...

(unknown)

kids.I am OCD bipolar DID PTSD and anxiety panic attacks. so i sorta know where

my son Cody who is 10 inherited his bipolar and OCD. OCD reared its ugly head

the most noticible when my son was in first grade when he was 6. he became a

compulsive hand washer till the skin was raw and gone from his hands and they

were big sores.then he moved on to touch nothing without special rubber

obsessive thoughts that everything hed ever done wrong hed go to hell for.we had

drives him to destroy what he loves most he is in a 30 day day treatment program

that ends in a week he has therapy in home 3 times a week and they are looking

into more resources for him and hopefully he sees the psychiatrist at the day

treatment program tuesday to adjust his meds

otherwise we must wait until 8/13 when he sees the family psyhiatrist. so anyone

who has any ideas or input or has similar OCD problems please email me.

Alisha Grinus

redsrandigene2@ yahoo.com

Guest guest

Maybe you misunderstood?   People with OCD in general spend their time worrying

about NOT doing something wrong.  People with OCD often have a problem with

hypermorality in which they feel guilty about things that have nothing to do

with them.   Lack of remorse and impulse control issues don't come under OCD.

according to the dr and the three counselors it is part of the ocd

Alisha Grinus

redsrandigene2@...

(unknown)

where my son Cody who is 10 inherited his bipolar and OCD. OCD reared its20ugly

and they were big sores.then he moved on to touch nothing without special rubber

drives him to destroy what he loves most he is in a 30 day day

treatment program that ends in a week he has therapy in home 3 times a week and

they are looking into more resources for him and hopefully he sees the

psychiatrist at the day treatment program tuesday to adjust his meds

otherwise we must wait until 8/13 when he sees the family psyhiatrist. so

anyone who has any ideas or input or has similar OCD problems please email me.

Alisha Grinus

Guest guest

Jordana, some of that may be to do with the bipolar and not OCD. You

might have missed Alisha said he had both.

>

> Maybe you misunderstood?   People with OCD in general spend their

time worrying about NOT doing something wrong.  People with OCD

often have a problem with hypermorality in which they feel guilty

about things that have nothing to do with them.   Lack of remorse

and impulse control issues don't come under OCD.

>

>

> Re: (unknown)

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> according to the dr and the three counselors it is part of the ocd

>

>  Alisha Grinus

>

> redsrandigene2@...

>

>

>

> (unknown)

>

>

>

> I guess i should start by introducing myself. My name is Alisha and

i have 5 kids.I am OCD bipolar DID PTSD and anxiety panic attacks.

so i sorta know where my son Cody who is 10 inherited his bipolar and

OCD. OCD reared its20ugly head the most noticible when my son was in

first grade when he was 6. he became a compulsive hand washer till

the skin was raw and gone from his hands and they were big sores.then

he moved on to touch nothing without special rubber gloves.also at

this time the anal retentiveness started so many physical tests were

done and so many enemas and bowel clennsing and still he remains anal

retentive to this day so he soils often.he was held back from first

grade because i had to withdrawl him mid year because he was so

bad.the handwashing stopped with the meds but the anal retantivenes

never did.then he moved on to obsessive thoughts that everything hed

ever done wrong hed go to hell for.we had never been to church so

this fear of

>

>

>

> gods wrath all of a sudden scared us.once again an increase in

>

> meds stopped those obsessive thoughts but the anal remained.then he

began obsessing about little things and kept repeating the statement

over and over until we gave in or he finally moved on to his next

obsessive thought.this still remains to this day.he obsesses about

money to the point he has stolen it from family members in order to

purchase the obsessed item.he takes apart bikes and skate boards that

he loves for no reason but the compulsion to take them apart.He has

no impulse control no sense of consequences and no remorse for

everything is done becouse he has to .this drive this obsession the

compulsion drives him to destroy what he loves most he is in a 30 day

day

> treatment program that ends in a week he has therapy in home 3

times a week and they are looking into more resources for him and

hopefully he sees the psychiatrist at the day treatment program

tuesday to adjust his meds

>

>

>

> otherwise we must wait until 8/13 when he sees the family

psyhiatrist. so anyone who has any ideas or input or has similar OCD

problems please email me.

>

>

>

>  Alisha Grinus

>

>

>

> redsrandigene2@ yahoo.com

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Alisha,

I was just quickly checking my email and I saw your post.

I just want to let you know I have three kids, ages 13, 11, and 6. My two

youngest have been diagnosed with OCD and bipolar. I will write more later!

Gotta run!

Hugs

Judy

Subject: (unknown)

To: , " Pam " ,

" Belinda "

Date: Friday, July 25, 2008, 11:56 AM

gods wrath all of a sudden scared us.once again an increase in meds stopped

those obsessive thoughts but the anal remained.then he began obsessing about

little things and kept repeating the statement over and over until we gave in or

he finally moved on to his next obsessive thought.this still remains to this

day.he obsesses about money to the point he has stolen it from family members in

order to purchase the obsessed item.he takes apart bikes and skate boards that

he loves for no reason but the compulsion to take them apart.He has no impulse

control no sense of consequences and no remorse for everything is done becouse

he has to .this drive this obsession the compulsion drives him to destroy what

he loves most he is in a 30 day day treatment program that ends in a week he has

therapy in home 3 times a week and they are looking into more resources for him

and hopefully he sees the psychiatrist at the day treatment program tuesday to

adjust his meds

otherwise we must wait until 8/13 when he sees the family psyhiatrist. so anyone

Alisha Grinus

Guest guest

it is a result of his obssive thoughts that he gets so fixated on that he cannot

get past the obsession to feel guilt or remorse.i did state that he is bipolar

also but his main symptoms are because of his OCD.thank you for pointing things

out to me as i am also OCD amoung various other illnesses and have read many

books too.

Alisha Grinus

redsrandigene2@...

(unknown)

my son Cody who is 10 inherited his bipolar and OCD. OCD reared its20ugly head

Alisha Grinus

Guest guest

thank you for your time and consideration i look forward to sharing with you as

im sure we have alot in common.

Alisha Grinus

redsrandigene2@...

(unknown)

To: @ yahoogroups. com, " Pam " <prettyfeet4@ aol.com>,

" Belinda " <daydreamnmommy@ aol.com>

Date: Friday, July 25, 2008, 11:56 AM

gods wrath all of a sudden scared us.once again an increase in meds stopped

those obsessive thoughts but the anal remained.then he began obsessing about

little things and kept repeating the statement over and over until we gave in or

he finally moved on to his next obsessive thought.this still remains to this

day.he obsesses about money to the point he has stolen it from family members in

order to purchase the obsessed item.he takes apart bikes and skate boards that

he loves for no reason but the compulsion to take them apart.He has no impulse

control no sense of consequences and no remorse for everything is done becouse

he has to .this drive this obsession the compulsion drives him to destroy what

he loves most he is in a 30 day day treatment program that ends in a week he has

therapy in home 3 times a week and they are looking into more resources for him

and hopefully he sees the psychiatrist at the day treatment program tuesday to

adjust his meds

Alisha Grinus

Guest guest

She must have meant that.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> according to the dr and the three counselors it is part of the ocd

>

>  Alisha Grinus

>

> redsrandigene2@...

>

>

>

> (unknown)

>

>

>

> I guess i should start by introducing myself. My name is Alisha and

i have 5 kids.I am OCD bipolar DID PTSD and anxiety panic attacks.

so i sorta know where my son Cody who is 10 inherited his bipolar and

OCD. OCD reared its20ugly head the most noticible when my son was in

first grade when he was 6. he became a compulsive hand washer till

the skin was raw and gone from his hands and they were big sores.then

he moved on to touch nothing without special rubber gloves.also at

this time the anal retentiveness started so many physical tests were

done and so many enemas and bowel clennsing and still he remains anal

retentive to this day so he soils often.he was held back from first

grade because i had to withdrawl him mid year because he was so

bad.the handwashing stopped with the meds but the anal retantivenes

never did.then he moved on to obsessive thoughts that everything hed

ever done wrong hed go to hell for.we had never been to church so

this fear of

>

>

>

> gods wrath all of a sudden scared us.once again an increase in

>

> meds stopped those obsessive thoughts but the anal remained.then he

began obsessing about little things and kept repeating the statement

over and over until we gave in or he finally moved on to his next

obsessive thought.this still remains to this day.he obsesses about

money to the point he has stolen it from family members in order to

purchase the obsessed item.he takes apart bikes and skate boards that

he loves for no reason but the compulsion to take them apart.He has

no impulse control no sense of consequences and no remorse for

everything is done becouse he has to .this drive this obsession the

compulsion drives him to destroy what he loves most he is in a 30 day

day

> treatment program that ends in a week he has therapy in home 3

times a week and they are looking into more resources for him and

hopefully he sees the psychiatrist at the day treatment program

tuesday to adjust his meds

>

>

>

> otherwise we must wait until 8/13 when he sees the family

psyhiatrist. so anyone who has any ideas or input or has similar OCD

problems please email me.

0A>

>

>

>  Alisha Grinus

>

>

>

> redsrandigene2@ yahoo.com

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I think that is where the confusion lies.  Obsession with regard to OCD does

not mean what it does in lay language.  It means an unwanted thought that is

troubling and persistent.  <---I quickly put that together so don't hold me to

it.  The compulsion is something done to prevent the bad thought from

happening.

it is a result of his obssive thoughts that he gets so fixated on that he cannot

get past the obsession to feel guilt or remorse.i did state that he is bipolar

also but his main symptoms are because of his OCD.thank you for pointing things

out to me as i am also OCD amoung various other illnesses and have read many

books too.

Alisha Grinus

redsrandigene2@...

(unknown)

where my son Cody who is 10 inherited his bipolar and OCD. OCD reared its20ugly

were done and so many enemas and bowel

clennsing and still he remains anal retentive to this day so he soils often.he

was held back from first grade because i had to withdrawl him mid year because

he was so bad.the handwashing stopped with the meds but the anal retantivenes

never did.then he moved on to obsessive thoughts that everything hed ever done

wrong hed go to hell for.we had never been to church so this fear of

otherwise we must wait until 8/13 when he sees the family psyhiatrist. so

anyone who has any ideas or input or has similar

OCD problems please email me.

Alisha Grinus

Guest guest

he has several obsessions and it can take a physical form also this compulsion

is to take things apart the object of his obbsession.it all makes sense and is

so extreme and unreal at the same time.

Alisha Grinus

redsrandigene2@...

(unknown)

my son Cody who is 10 inherited his bipolar and OCD. OCD reared its20ugly head

were done and so many enemas and bowel

clennsing and still he remains anal retentive to this day so he soils often.he

was held back from first grade because i had to withdrawl him mid year because

he was so bad.the handwashing stopped with the meds but the anal retantivenes

never did.then he moved on to obsessive thoughts that everything hed ever done

wrong hed go to hell for.we had never been to church so this fear of

who has any ideas or input or has similar

OCD problems please email me.

Alisha Grinus

Guest guest

Hi,

With the diagnose of PDD (autism) you can applied for SSI benefits.It is base on your family income.If you are denied for SSI you can applied for Becker deeming waiver.

About the public school. My son is 11 years old. I have been dialing with the public school for 8 years. I had some wonderful years and I had some horrible years. The horrible year made my son disability worse. You need to learn the needs of your son and present that fight for that on an IEP.I don't know if the private school is any better.

Take Care,

A.Simon,

"I know God promises not to give me more than I can handle.

I just wish he didn't trust me so much."-Mother

Subject: (unknown)To: autism-georgia Date: Friday, March 20, 2009, 1:52 PM

Hi All,

My son who will be 3 in June has been diagnosed with PDD, a mild form of Autism. Does anyone know if the public school systems special needs program will help him? Do I need to consider a private teacher/home schooling?

Also do I qualify for any kind of assistance; for instance SS benefits. I welcome any advice.

Thanks

in GA

Guest guest

I too wish for an answer for your question, I do not really know what "On the Spectrum" means..Does it mean My child is Semi normal and can lead a normal life with a bit of help? Or "On the spectrum" means: Autism is for life ya can't cure it.. So deal with it..Your Child will be in an institution when you die?.. I would love to know if there is help ONLY for teachers, learning programs etc..I chose not to believe my child will be lost, he is too smart, funny and full of love that I can't even explain here, come over to my house you'll see:) ...

Subject: (unknown)To: autism-georgia Date: Friday, March 20, 2009, 1:52 PM

Hi All,

My son who will be 3 in June has been diagnosed with PDD, a mild form of Autism. Does anyone know if the public school systems special needs program will help him? Do I need to consider a private teacher/home schooling?

Also do I qualify for any kind of assistance; for instance SS benefits. I welcome any advice.

Thanks

in GA

Guest guest

Aria,

It means that your child is “somewhere”

on the VERY VERY broad spectrum of Autism. That can mean anywhere from very

mild to extremely severe. I would like to believe that no matter where are

children lie on this (% & @#+)% & @+)% & @ spectrum that there is hope

for them.

I hope you will believe this too!

Krista Brown

http://www.walknowforautism.org/georgia/georgebrown

From: autism-georgia [mailto:autism-georgia ] On Behalf Of Aria Skipper

Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 10:26

PM

To: autism-georgia

Subject: Re:

(unknown)

I too wish for an answer for your question, I do not

really know what " On the Spectrum " means..Does it mean My

child is Semi normal and can lead a normal life with a bit of help? Or " On

the spectrum " means: Autism is for life ya can't cure it.. So deal

with it..Your Child will be in an institution when you die?.. I would love to

know if there is help ONLY for teachers, learning programs etc..I chose not

to believe my child will be lost, he is too smart, funny and full of

love that I can't even explain here, come over to my house you'll

see:) ...

Subject: (unknown)

To: autism-georgia

Date: Friday, March 20, 2009, 1:52 PM

Hi All,

My son who will be 3 in June has been diagnosed

with PDD, a mild form of Autism. Does anyone know if the public

school systems special needs program will help him? Do I need to

consider a private teacher/home schooling?

Also do I qualify for any kind of assistance; for

instance SS benefits. I welcome any advice.

Thanks

in GA

Guest guest

Hi Ednaturay and hello to members,

Unfortunately I can not give you any good recommendations about other methods to improve your dauthers language skills but I do have have some questions about the methods you tried with your dauther. My son is autistic he is also 2 1/2. He is a very picky eater. He only eats 2 or 3 diferent foods and we have not tried to change to the diet GFCF because we think is going to very very hard for him and for us to accept the new foods. How did you introce your dauther in the GFCF diet. and could you gime me the web site adreess for the Frazer center that you mention. My son is receiving s/t, o/t. play theraphy(flloor time) but he is not verbal.. I'll apreciate your comments. Thanks.

To: autism-georgia Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 12:59:13 PMSubject: (unknown)

Hi Everyone!I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter, diagnosed with autism. So far, I have changed her diet(GFCF), did 100% oxygen therapy, biomedical supplement, speech argumentation with GSU toddler project, as well as s/t, o/t. She has made a lot of improvement in various area, but not yet vocal. she recently started at the Frazer Center, and loved it there. Are there any other suggestions or other methods out there that has work for anyone? Any recommendation with GFCF foods services would be appreciated ( cook/ready to serve). all stories are welcome concering biomedical treatment, oxygen therapy, or others.Thanks

Guest guest

the baby bumbble bee videos helped my son talk. never shuts up now it's worth a try.The secret of success is to do common things uncommonly well.

Subject: Re: (unknown)To: autism-georgia Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 9:07 AM

Hi Ednaturay and hello to members,

Unfortunately I can not give you any good recommendations about other methods to improve your dauthers language skills but I do have have some questions about the methods you tried with your dauther. My son is autistic he is also 2 1/2. He is a very picky eater. He only eats 2 or 3 diferent foods and we have not tried to change to the diet GFCF because we think is going to very very hard for him and for us to accept the new foods. How did you introce your dauther in the GFCF diet. and could you gime me the web site adreess for the Frazer center that you mention. My son is receiving s/t, o/t. play theraphy(flloor time) but he is not verbal.. I'll apreciate your comments. Thanks.

From: EV Toure <ednaturayyahoo (DOT) com>To: autism-georgia@ yahoogroups. comSent: Monday, September 21, 2009 12:59:13 PMSubject: (unknown)

Hi Everyone!I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter, diagnosed with autism. So far, I have changed her diet(GFCF), did 100% oxygen therapy, biomedical supplement, speech argumentation with GSU toddler project, as well as s/t, o/t. She has made a lot of improvement in various area, but not yet vocal. she recently started at the Frazer Center, and loved it there. Are there any other suggestions or other methods out there that has work for anyone? Any recommendation with GFCF foods services would be appreciated ( cook/ready to serve). all stories are welcome concering biomedical treatment, oxygen therapy, or others.Thanks