RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Again I will most likely get you out of the wheel chair.CE Grim MDanother factor is i am in wheelchair now due to DDD in my back. my legs hang down when i am active. i lost a lot of muscle strength when i went undiagnosed for over 5 years with potassium level of 2.4. doctors and ER personnel kept saying don't worry if low, only if too high.i was bedridden and had to use a brace to hold my neck up and i could barely walk and fell many times causing more injury to the body. i can now walk/stand for short distances, PT seems to make it worse.the severe edema would happen once a month and then go down. lately it hasn't. i have been having multiple UTI's also.> > > > > > > i have found Inspra (50 mg) stops the aldosterone effect on the potassium. it helps keep the postassium in the body. > > > > > > > > I have a severe case of hyperaldosteronism and both adrenals are affected. I take 200-250 meq's of potassium a day.> > > > > > > > i did very well for a long time, and now the weight is coming on very quickly again. and my feet are so swollen as are my legs.> > > > > > > > does anyone know of any doctor that knows about this disease in texas?> > > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > >>

Guest guest

I am happy to work with your Dr as well if he is interested. Then he can care for all the other pts with PA he has but has not recognized.Send check to:Dr. Clarence E. GrimHigh Blood Pressure Consulting2203 E. Newberry BlvdMilwaukee, WI 532do you take insurances? my doc would probably approve anything that is legit with insurance.He openly states he doesn't know about the disease and wants to send me somewhere. he was talking about Baylor,but doesn't know of a doctor to handle the case there that knows about hyperaldosteronism.What website are you referring to? I have asked doctors if the inspra could be increased. the kidney and 2 PCP's have said no.> > > > > > > i have found Inspra (50 mg) stops the aldosterone effect on the potassium. it helps keep the postassium in the body. > > > > > > > > I have a severe case of hyperaldosteronism and both adrenals are affected. I take 200-250 meq's of potassium a day.> > > > > > > > i did very well for a long time, and now the weight is coming on very quickly again. and my feet are so swollen as are my legs.> > > > > > > > does anyone know of any doctor that knows about this disease in texas?> > > > > > > > > > > >> > >> > > >>

Guest guest

if i was taking in too much sodium, wouldn't my sodium levels be high?NOmy blood pressure is fine, more trouble with it dropping.other meds i am on:amiloride 5 mg 2tabs 2x dayWill make your feet swellinspra 50 mg 1x daytorsemide 10 mg 2x dayWill make you lose K and make all the problems worse.diabetes medsDont just say XXXX meds. If I am to help I need to know what they are.The DM is most likely relaated to the low K.I am not claryvoiantnarcolepsy medssee abovereflux medssee abovecpapWhy cpap.BTW OSA seems to be a part of the drug resistant syndrome that is due to excess aldo.oxygendoctor added xaroxlyn (sp?) to see if that would get the fluid off and monitoring my potassium very closely. was 4.5 when i started it yesterday. taking 200 meq's potassium and take extra 50 if i start cramping.This will make a rock piss. and the K worse.Stop eating so much salt. and take him a urine so he can measure the Na and Kremember my aldosterone levels are VERY high. over 15,000 and 16,000 in each adrenal gland. so they have measured the potassium in urine and i excrete a LOT out daily.That is becasue you are eating too much salt.> > > i have found Inspra (50 mg) stops the aldosterone effect on the potassium. it helps keep the postassium in the body. > > > > I have a severe case of hyperaldosteronism and both adrenals are affected. I take 200-250 meq's of potassium a day.> > > > i did very well for a long time, and now the weight is coming on very quickly again. and my feet are so swollen as are my legs.> > > > does anyone know of any doctor that knows about this disease in texas?> > > > > >>

Guest guest

We need to get your Dr and me in touch quickly I would think before you get into more trouble. CE Grim MDif i was taking in too much sodium, wouldn't my sodium levels be high?my blood pressure is fine, more trouble with it dropping.other meds i am on:amiloride 5 mg 2tabs 2x dayinspra 50 mg 1x daytorsemide 10 mg 2x daydiabetes medsnarcolepsy medsreflux medscpapoxygendoctor added xaroxlyn (sp?) to see if that would get the fluid off and monitoring my potassium very closely. was 4.5 when i started it yesterday. taking 200 meq's potassium and take extra 50 if i start cramping.remember my aldosterone levels are VERY high. over 15,000 and 16,000 in each adrenal gland. so they have measured the potassium in urine and i excrete a LOT out daily.> > > i have found Inspra (50 mg) stops the aldosterone effect on the potassium. it helps keep the postassium in the body. > > > > I have a severe case of hyperaldosteronism and both adrenals are affected. I take 200-250 meq's of potassium a day.> > > > i did very well for a long time, and now the weight is coming on very quickly again. and my feet are so swollen as are my legs.> > > > does anyone know of any doctor that knows about this disease in texas?> > > > > >>

Guest guest

Yes read the Endocrine Guidelines in our folder and my Evolution of PA article in our files. Tell us where what stage of PA you are in.CE Grim MDHow would being on long term Lisinopril, metoprolol, or clonidine affect the Aldosterone/renin test? Could it skew the results?

Guest guest

Yes they will all mess up testing as will how much salt and potassium you are eating. Be sure they always do a 24 hr urine (and you do not miss a drop) so they can interpret any renin and aldo testing they do.With out that it is not possible to interpret the renin and aldo numbers.CE Grim MD> How would being on long term Lisinopril, metoprolol, or clonidine affect the Aldosterone/renin test? Could it skew the results?

Guest guest

There are no normal values for aldoserone coming from the adrenal gland. If you are really getting good clean adrenal blood your values may well be normal. CE Grim MDI am sorry. I do not have any money. i need to use my insurance.I do not have high blood pressure. I have high aldosterone in both adrenal glands. supposedly there is a tumor, but it cannot be found. my aldosterone is over 15,000 and over 16,000 in each adrenal gland. the normal amount is 15 (not thousand).i would like to find a doctor that accepts insurance that knows about hyperaldosteronism and about the causes of high aldosterone in the adrenal glands. a doctor in Corpus Christi would be good or Dallas or San . Houston would be ok too, so far no one knows about the disease here. I have been told it is rare for a person to have high aldosterone in both adrenal glands. Thank you for your concern in this matter.> that would be great. I have BCBS Health Select and Medicare (secondary)> > <br>> & gt; & gt; & gt; <br>> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; i have found Inspra (50 mg) stops the aldosterone effect on the potassium. it helps keep the postassium in the body. <br>> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; <br>> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; I have a severe case of hyperaldosteronism and both adrenals are affected. I take 200-250 meq's of potassium a day.<br>> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; <br>> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; i did very well for a long time, and now the weight is coming on very quickly again. and my feet are so swollen as are my legs.<br>> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; <br>> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; does anyone know of any doctor that knows about this disease in texas?<br>> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; <br>> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; <br>> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt;<br>> & gt; & gt; & gt;<br>> & gt; & gt; <br>> & gt; & gt;<br>> & gt;<br>> <br>> </p>> > </div>> > > <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStart|**|-~-->> <div style="color: #fff; height: 0;"></div>> <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEnd|**|-~-->> > </body>> > <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStart|**|-~-->> <head>> <style type="text/css">> <!--> #ygrp-mkp {> border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;> font-family: Arial;> margin: 10px 0;> padding: 0 10px;> }> > #ygrp-mkp hr {> border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;> }> > #ygrp-mkp #hd {> color: #628c2a;> font-size: 85%;> font-weight: 700;> line-height: 122%;> margin: 10px 0;> }> > #ygrp-mkp #ads {> margin-bottom: 10px;> }> > #ygrp-mkp .ad {> padding: 0 0;> }> > #ygrp-mkp .ad p {> margin: 0;> }> > #ygrp-mkp .ad a {> color: #0000ff;> text-decoration: none;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc {> font-family: Arial;> }> > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd {> margin: 10px 0px;> font-weight: 700;> font-size: 78%;> line-height: 122%;> }> > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad {> margin-bottom: 10px;> padding: 0 0;> }> > a {> color: #1e66ae;> }> > #actions {> font-family: Verdana;> font-size: 11px;> padding: 10px 0;> }> > #activity {> background-color: #e0ecee;> float: left;> font-family: Verdana;> font-size: 10px;> padding: 10px;> }> > #activity span {> font-weight: 700;> }> > #activity span:first-child {> text-transform: uppercase;> }> > #activity span a {> color: #5085b6;> text-decoration: none;> }> > #activity span span {> color: #ff7900;> }> > #activity span .underline {> text-decoration: underline;> }> > .attach {> clear: both;> display: table;> font-family: Arial;> font-size: 12px;> padding: 10px 0;> width: 400px;> }> > .attach div a {> text-decoration: none;> }> > .attach img {> border: none;> padding-right: 5px;> }> > .attach label {> display: block;> margin-bottom: 5px;> }> > .attach label a {> text-decoration: none;> }> > blockquote {> margin: 0 0 0 4px;> }> > .bold {> font-family: Arial;> font-size: 13px;> font-weight: 700;> }> > .bold a {> text-decoration: none;> }> > dd.last p a {> font-family: Verdana;> font-weight: 700;> }> > dd.last p span {> margin-right: 10px;> font-family: Verdana;> font-weight: 700;> }> > dd.last p span.yshortcuts {> margin-right: 0;> }> > div.attach-table div div a {> text-decoration: none;> }> > div.attach-table {> width: 400px;> }> > div.file-title a, div.file-title a:active, div.file-title a:hover, div.file-title a:visited {> text-decoration: none;> }> > div.photo-title a, div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div.photo-title a:visited {> text-decoration: none;> }> > div#ygrp-mlmsg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts {> font-family: Verdana;> font-size: 10px;> font-weight: normal;> }> > .green {> color: #628c2a;> }> > .MsoNormal {> margin: 0 0 0 0;> }> > o {> font-size: 0;> }> > #photos div {> float: left;> width: 72px;> }> > #photos div div {> border: 1px solid #666666;> height: 62px;> overflow: hidden;> width: 62px;> }> > #photos div label {> color: #666666;> font-size: 10px;> overflow: hidden;> text-align: center;> white-space: nowrap;> width: 64px;> }> > #reco-category {> font-size: 77%;> }> > #reco-desc {> font-size: 77%;> }> > .replbq {> margin: 4px;> }> > #ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {> /* border-right: 0px solid #000;*/> margin-right: 2px;> padding-right: 5px;> }> > #ygrp-mlmsg {> font-size: 13px;> font-family: Arial, helvetica,clean, sans-serif;> *font-size: small;> *font: x-small;> }> > #ygrp-mlmsg table {> font-size: inherit;> font: 100%;> }> > #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {> font: 99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;> }> > #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {> font:115% monospace;> *font-size:100%;> }> > #ygrp-mlmsg * {> line-height: 1.22em;> }> > #ygrp-mlmsg #logo {> padding-bottom: 10px;> }> > #ygrp-mlmsg a {> color: #1E66AE;> }> > #ygrp-msg p a {> font-family: Verdana;> }> > #ygrp-msg p#attach-count span {> color: #1E66AE;> font-weight: 700;> }> > #ygrp-reco #reco-head {> color: #ff7900;> font-weight: 700;> }> > #ygrp-reco {> margin-bottom: 20px;> padding: 0px;> }> > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a {> font-size: 130%;> text-decoration: none;> }> > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li {> font-size: 77%;> list-style-type: square;> padding: 6px 0;> }> > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul {> margin: 0;> padding: 0 0 0 8px;> }> > #ygrp-text {> font-family: Georgia;> }> > #ygrp-text p {> margin: 0 0 1em 0;> }> > #ygrp-text tt {> font-size: 120%;> }> > #ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {> border-right: none !important;> }> -->> </style>> </head>> > <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEnd|**|-~-->> </html>> <!-- end group email -->> > > --tYLPA2SQXr7-P8oyMKJQMQdjSzlPeRn3j4fGKx8--

Guest guest

Suspect u have recurrent PA. What are ur renin and Aldo now. SuspectMany of ur Dxs are due to PA. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

What is typical post adrenalectomy?I had mine about 5 years ago. Two months after surgery I was told that in six months my bp would be normal and I would need no more follow up. Now it's years later and my bp is fluctuating again 190/172 to 90/55I was on metroprolol for migraines and went off it due to the low bp. It was so low I wasnt able to even shower for days. Then it started jumping. It changes in minutes. I saw my GP and was told that is common after going off metroprolol. I was just wondering if having only one adrenal could cause any of my current health issues. Weaknes fatigue muscle pain high ANA and RA migraines/cluster headachesHigh uric acidFluctuating BPI dehydrate easilyHistory includes PA, Von willebrands, breast cancer, migraines and cluster headaches, PCOD, fybromyalgia or RA (depending on

the dr), reactive hypoglycemia and lymes I feel like a mess most days with some days unable to eat. Yet keep gaining weight

If spiro isn't working you may not have PA or you ate eating to much salt. Did you ever post your test results and What meds you were taking at the time of tests.

Did they test you for Cushmans? Did they test you for Pheochromocytomas?

Did thy do CT or MRI?

>

> Hi,

> I am getting an AVS on March 2. I have been assigned a new endo. I am on no meds. Spiro did not work.

>

> He wants to put me on doxazosin and get me in the hospital soon to do tests to try and get my bp down (180/115). While waiting to get in the hospital I will go on doxazosin.

>

> Will doxazosin work in lowering bp if I have PA or conns?

>

Guest guest

This group isn't active anymore, although there are a few of us lurking

around. Be sure to visit http://www.transformation.com/ That's where Bill

is doing his thing these days and there are some amazing

transformations happening there. Also, I'm at http://happyeaters.net/ which

is not a Body for Life forum, just life-long, no-stress healthy eating and

exercise.

I workout at home and outdoors and have really come to prefer that to the

gym. You could always set both pounds and inches goals, or at least track

both of them. Often if one is moving, the other isn't. Tracking both keeps

you from thinking nothing is happening.

I quit drinking soda (diet) a few years ago knowing that it's a horrible,

fizzy chemical bomb and I didn't need it. I switched to unsweetened iced

tea. I actually enjoy caffeine, so I may as well get it more naturally with

a dose of antioxidants. Tea is something to consider. Bill drinks

coffee. And of course some people quit completely and tough it out.

Whatever works!

Definitely take the pictures even if you never show them to a soul. They'll

help you see the changes during times when you might feel like nothing much

is happening.

> I am new. I tried body for life about 8 years ago at the suggestion of my

> dr. In 3 weeks i could see the change. I have never posted pictures

> before but i plan on doing that at the start of my challenge. I plan on

> starting Sunday with my free day as Saturday. Does anyone have any

> suggestions for me? I really dont know whether to set a weight loss goal

> for my challenge or just an over-all inches loss. Thanks in advance for

> any suggestions. I have weights at home as well as some cardio videos. I

> plan on doing this solely at home. Currently I am at 211 pounds with a

> 5'4 " frame. In addition to losing weight, I plan on quitting smoking and

> getting completely off caffeine. Please wish me luck. I can go without

> smoking before i can go with coke. The migraines will be horrible for

> about 2 weeks i'm pretty sure. But... i've done it before and I can do it

> again!!!!!!!

>

>

Guest guest

I have switched to unsweetened iced tea as well.

Additional active Body for Life sites are:

www.bodyforlife.com

www.bflspirit.com

and

www.bodyforlife-tracker.com

Best of luck!

Diane M.

> **

>

>

> This group isn't active anymore, although there are a few of us lurking

> around. Be sure to visit http://www.transformation.com/ That's where Bill

> is doing his thing these days and there are some amazing

> transformations happening there. Also, I'm at http://happyeaters.net/which

> is not a Body for Life forum, just life-long, no-stress healthy eating and

> exercise.

>

> I workout at home and outdoors and have really come to prefer that to the

> gym. You could always set both pounds and inches goals, or at least track

> both of them. Often if one is moving, the other isn't. Tracking both keeps

> you from thinking nothing is happening.

>

> I quit drinking soda (diet) a few years ago knowing that it's a horrible,

> fizzy chemical bomb and I didn't need it. I switched to unsweetened iced

> tea. I actually enjoy caffeine, so I may as well get it more naturally with

> a dose of antioxidants. Tea is something to consider. Bill drinks

> coffee. And of course some people quit completely and tough it out.

> Whatever works!

>

> Definitely take the pictures even if you never show them to a soul. They'll

> help you see the changes during times when you might feel like nothing much

> is happening.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> > I am new. I tried body for life about 8 years ago at the suggestion of my