RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

shingles

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I used DMSO cut 1/3 with distilled water on mine and they were a piece of cake.

Of course do not use around the eyes to be on the safe side.

RE: [low dose naltrexone] Re: Shingles

Jodi

Yes shingles can be very painful, however there are herbs that are antiviral and work specifically towards herpes virus of which shingles is one. I’ve had a few clients have very fast recovery using external st johnswort oil with a few other herbs (I’ll be happy to help, you can email me off list bonniesherbalsgmail)

Bonnie

www.bonniesherbals.com

From: low dose naltrexone [mailto:low dose naltrexone ] On Behalf Of biztekmomSent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:29 PMlow dose naltrexone Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Re: Shingles

>If you suspect shingles go to the doc immediately (before 72 hours)and they can give you a shot for them and that will take care ofit...otherwise it can be horribly painful for a long, long time.Shingles can be deadly...not something to play around with.My mom was in her 80's and developed shingles (I took her to doc assoon as I saw a few little spots and she was having shooting pains inher head. The doc looked at her, said "shingles", gave her the shotand she did fine...no problem at all. I know people who didn't pay theproper attention and have had severe problem. -BizJodi,> It doesn't sound like shingles at all, what you describe. Shingles > are generally more localized. It sounds like an allergy of some sort. > Don't wait and see what happens, go to a doctor. >

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.14/1918 - Release Date: 1/27/2009 7:26 AM

Guest guest

> >

> If you suspect shingles go to the doc immediately (before 72 hours)

> and they can give you a shot for them and that will take care of

> it...otherwise it can be horribly painful for a long, long time.

> Shingles can be deadly...not something to play around with.

>

> My mom was in her 80's and developed shingles (I took her to doc as

> soon as I saw a few little spots and she was having shooting pains in

> her head. The doc looked at her, said " shingles " , gave her the shot

> and she did fine...no problem at all. I know people who didn't pay the

> proper attention and have had severe problem. -Biz

>

> Jodi,

> > It doesn't sound like shingles at all, what you describe. Shingles

> > are generally more localized. It sounds like an allergy of some sort.

> > Don't wait and see what happens, go to a doctor.

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Mende,

had been using ldn 6-8 months or so when I got shingles. I've also had a slight flare just before that, and I guess I got shingles due to my immune system not being too strong at the moment. Anyway, my doctor wondered why I didn't have more pain that I had, because shingles can be REALLY painful. I told him about my ldn treatment, and when he heard that it's elevating the immune system he concluded that may be my pills did the job, my shingles left within a short period of time, and I didn't get any other meds to get rid of them, cause he ment the ldn did the job really well.

Ingrid

From: mendemachado <mendemachado@...>low dose naltrexone Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:36:43 PMSubject: [low dose naltrexone] ShinglesHi Guys,For all of those that have seen me priviously on this post, I am 34 female with RRMS I was taking 3Ml of Neltrexone for almost two months, and stopped due to stomach issues and freaky dreams. Anyways I am thinking I was better off on it. Over the weekend I noticed my neck was stinging, and on Saturday, i had boil looking things on my neck. I went to the doctor and they said it was a spider bite, and put me on antibiotics. I went yesterday because I had more and my neck was still stinging, and so painful and they said I had SHINGLES! What the

heck? maybe stopping that was not the best thing. I was on my cane after stopping and now this. I have to take my antibiotic plus another pill 5X a day. What a mess! Hope all is well..best Wishes,Mende------------------------------------

Guest guest

Hi Ingrid, My mother-in-law has shingles. She never got the rash but

has been dealing with the pain for the past 2 years. Do you think the

LDN could help her at this late stage of the disease?

Thanks,

Jo

>

> Ingrid,

> Your doctor didn't give you anything for shingles? They are very

> painful, I don't see how just LDN works for that.

>

Guest guest

My doctor didn't give me ldn for shingles, I was already on ldn when I got shingles, - and my doctor explained that he thought that ldn might have helped me feeling less pain. I wasn't in need for any other med's, the shingles went away within a couple of weeks. The only thing you can do -Jo, is to suggest her to try LDN.

Good luck! :-) Ingrid

From: mjbutitta <mjbutitta@...>low dose naltrexone Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 12:26:06 AMSubject: [low dose naltrexone] Re: shinglesHi Ingrid, My mother-in-law has shingles. She never got the rash but has been dealing with the pain for the past 2 years. Do you think the LDN could help her at this late stage of the disease?Thanks,Jo>> Ingrid,> Your doctor didn't give you anything for shingles? They are very > painful, I don't see how just LDN works

for that. >------------------------------------

Guest guest

When I started using LDN I was in pain every day, not for shingles, but for Crohns disease. Due to ldn making our endorphin and beta enkephalin levels rise, the every-day-all-year pain went away within 5 hours after taking ldn, woke up in the early morning and the pain I used to have every morning (and throughout the day) was GONE.

Thanks to ldn working that way, when I later got shingles, I didn't get strong pain at all.Ingrid

From: cathy.camara <cathy.camara@...>low dose naltrexone Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 12:00:55 AMSubject: [low dose naltrexone] shingles Ingrid, Your doctor didn't give you anything for shingles? They are very painful, I don't see how just LDN works for that. ------------------------------------

Guest guest

My personal experience is that LDN has not helped my shingles or the

posturpetic pain suffered for the past 2 years althought it has

helped my PPMS a great deal. I continue to take a maintenevce dose of

500mg valtrex daily. Some days the valtrex helps, somedays it doesn't.

> >

> >  Ingrid,

> >    Your doctor didn't give you anything for shingles?  They are

very

> > painful, I don't see how just LDN works for that. 

> >

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

Is there anyone here who got shingles after they started LDN?? That was my experience last fall. Thanks, Barb.

[low dose naltrexone] Re: shingles

My personal experience is that LDN has not helped my shingles or the posturpetic pain suffered for the past 2 years althought it has helped my PPMS a great deal. I continue to take a maintenevce dose of 500mg valtrex daily. Some days the valtrex helps, somedays it doesn't.> >> > Ingrid,> > Your doctor didn't give you anything for shingles? They are very > > painful, I don't see how just LDN works for that. > >> > > > ------------------------------------> >

Guest guest

I got the shingles 2 days ago, I have MS, I am on LDN and I am breastfeeding. The bad part is that my right breast got affected, and I cannot just stop breastfeeding because it might cause an MS reaction. If the lil one touches the affected parts, she might contract the virus of variccela (chicken pox), and although she needs to contract them, I think that she is too young after all.I am not as much in pain as they told me I would be, if I lie down and don't move, I don't have pain at all.Has anyone had this experience?The docs are puzzled :)Thanx all for writing, it means a lot to me.NastiFrom: Barbara Brown <nbjbrown1@...>low dose naltrexone Sent: Monday, February 2, 2009 4:46:49 AMSubject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: shingles

Is there anyone here who got shingles after they started LDN?? That was my experience last fall. Thanks, Barb.

My personal experience is that LDN has not helped my shingles or the posturpetic pain suffered for the past 2 years althought it has helped my PPMS a great deal. I continue to take a maintenevce dose of 500mg valtrex daily. Some days the valtrex helps, somedays it doesn't.> >> > Ingrid,> > Your doctor didn't give you anything for shingles? They are very > > painful, I don't see how just LDN works for that. > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> >

Guest guest

I got the shingles 2 days ago, I have MS, I am on LDN and I am breastfeeding. The bad part is that my right breast got affected, and I cannot just stop breastfeeding because it might cause an MS reaction. If the lil one touches the affected parts, she might contract the virus of variccela (chicken pox), and although she needs to contract them, I think that she is too young after all.I am not as much in pain as they told me I would be, if I lie down and don't move, I don't have pain at all.Has anyone had this experience?The docs are puzzled :)Thanx all for writing, it means a lot to me.NastiFrom: Barbara Brown <nbjbrown1@...>low dose naltrexone Sent: Monday, February 2, 2009 4:46:49 AMSubject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: shingles

My personal experience is that LDN has not helped my shingles or the posturpetic pain suffered for the past 2 years althought it has helped my PPMS a great deal. I continue to take a maintenevce dose of 500mg valtrex daily. Some days the valtrex helps, somedays it doesn't.> >> > Ingrid,> > Your doctor didn't give you anything for shingles? They are very > > painful, I don't see how just LDN works for that. > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> >

Guest guest

I have had MS for 10 years, also breast fed my children, although it was before MS.

I am confused as to why you feel 'stopping' breastfeeding would CAUSE an MS reaction.

I've never heard of that before. To me, having shingles would increase the possibility of

having an MS reaction much more than breastfeeding. What does your MS Dr. say?

From: Nastja Nasti <nasti.lili@...>low dose naltrexone Sent: Monday, February 2, 2009 7:54:50 AMSubject: Fw: [low dose naltrexone] Re: shingles

I got the shingles 2 days ago, I have MS, I am on LDN and I am breastfeeding. The bad part is that my right breast got affected, and I cannot just stop breastfeeding because it might cause an MS reaction. If the lil one touches the affected parts, she might contract the virus of variccela (chicken pox), and although she needs to contract them, I think that she is too young after all.I am not as much in pain as they told me I would be, if I lie down and don't move, I don't have pain at all.

Has anyone had this experience?The docs are puzzled :)Thanx all for writing, it means a lot to me.Nasti

From: Barbara Brown <nbjbrown1cox (DOT) net>low dose naltrexoneSent: Monday, February 2, 2009 4:46:49 AMSubject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: shingles

My personal experience is that LDN has not helped my shingles or the posturpetic pain suffered for the past 2 years althought it has helped my PPMS a great deal. I continue to take a maintenevce dose of 500mg valtrex daily. Some days the valtrex helps, somedays it doesn't.> >> > Ingrid,> >

Your doctor didn't give you anything for shingles? They are very > > painful, I don't see how just LDN works for that. > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> >

Guest guest

My sister had shingles went on the full treatment stillBreastfedNo problemCyndiSent from my iPhoneClenz@... On Feb 2, 2009, at 6:05 PM, Donna Kafka <dkvictory1@...> wrote:

I have had MS for 10 years, also breast fed my children, although it was before MS.

I am confused as to why you feel 'stopping' breastfeeding would CAUSE an MS reaction.

I've never heard of that before. To me, having shingles would increase the possibility of

From: Nastja Nasti <nasti.lili >low dose naltrexone Sent: Monday, February 2, 2009 7:54:50 AMSubject: Fw: [low dose naltrexone] Re: shingles

I got the shingles 2 days ago, I have MS, I am on LDN and I am breastfeeding. The bad part is that my right breast got affected, and I cannot just stop breastfeeding because it might cause an MS reaction. If the lil one touches the affected parts, she might contract the virus of variccela (chicken pox), and although she needs to contract them, I think that she is too young after all.I am not as much in pain as they told me I would be, if I lie down and don't move, I don't have pain at all.

Has anyone had this experience?The docs are puzzled :)Thanx all for writing, it means a lot to me.Nasti

From: Barbara Brown <nbjbrown1cox (DOT) net>low dose naltrexoneSent: Monday, February 2, 2009 4:46:49 AMSubject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: shingles

My personal experience is that LDN has not helped my shingles or the posturpetic pain suffered for the past 2 years althought it has helped my PPMS a great deal. I continue to take a maintenevce dose of 500mg valtrex daily. Some days the valtrex helps, somedays it doesn't.> >> > Ingrid,> >

Your doctor didn't give you anything for shingles? They are very > > painful, I don't see how just LDN works for that. > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> >

Guest guest

stopping breastfeeding causes temperature, and the pills to help are hormonal. I am susceptible to MS reaction when I have temperature or due to hormonal changes. My doc advised me to go on breastfeeding.I was concerned about the medications (Acyclovir), but I found on the internet studies which showed that it is probably not harmful for the baby.My shingles started on Saturday with no pain, pain increased on Sunday when I stood up (only my back muscles hurt, not the skin). Today pain has ceased. All in all - 5 days I believe, on the contrary of the typical shingles 2-3 weeks period and great pain.I think I have a lot to than LDN for. :) From: Cyndi <clenz@...>"low dose naltrexone " <low dose naltrexone >Sent: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 12:51:24 AMSubject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: shingles

My sister had shingles went on the full treatment stillBreastfedNo problemCyndiSent from my iPhoneClenz@... On Feb 2, 2009, at 6:05 PM, Donna Kafka <dkvictory1att (DOT) net> wrote:

From: Nastja Nasti <nasti.lili (DOT) com>low dose naltrexoneSent: Monday, February 2, 2009 7:54:50 AMSubject: Fw: [low dose naltrexone] Re: shingles

My personal experience is that LDN has not helped my shingles or the posturpetic pain suffered for the past 2 years althought it has helped my PPMS a great deal. I continue to take a maintenevce dose of 500mg valtrex daily. Some days the valtrex helps, somedays it doesn't.> >> > Ingrid,>

>

Guest guest

Nastja, temperature and hormones definitely make sense RE MS. Never knew stopping breastfeeding causes the temp to rise. Sounds like you are getting good info---especially that Acyclovir won't harm your baby. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

From: Nastja Nasti <nasti.lili@...>low dose naltrexone Sent: Monday, February 2, 2009 7:13:26 PMSubject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: shingles

stopping breastfeeding causes temperature, and the pills to help are hormonal. I am susceptible to MS reaction when I have temperature or due to hormonal changes. My doc advised me to go on breastfeeding.I was concerned about the medications (Acyclovir), but I found on the internet studies which showed that it is probably not harmful for the baby.My shingles started on Saturday with no pain, pain increased on Sunday when I stood up (only my back muscles hurt, not the skin). Today pain has ceased. All in all - 5 days I believe, on the contrary of the typical shingles 2-3 weeks period and great pain.I think I have a lot to than LDN for. :)

From: Cyndi <clenz@...>"low dose naltrexone" <low dose naltrexone>Sent: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 12:51:24 AMSubject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: shingles

My sister had shingles went on the full treatment still

Breastfed

No problem

CyndiSent from my iPhone

Clenz@...

On Feb 2, 2009, at 6:05 PM, Donna Kafka <dkvictory1att (DOT) net> wrote:

From: Nastja Nasti <nasti.lili (DOT) com>low dose naltrexoneSent: Monday, February 2, 2009 7:54:50 AMSubject: Fw: [low dose naltrexone] Re: shingles

Guest guest

I think that Cyndi and Skip would be much more knowledgeable than I, but if

shingles is present while breastfeeding, would that give the baby more

antibodies against chicken pox? Just curious,

Guest guest

I am pretty sure when I had shingles I was told to

stay away from my new granddaughter??? Jean

Guest guest

,as an herbalist, i work with antiviral herbs to help eliminate the pain and the sx of shingles as fast as possible, herbs like lemon balm and st johnswort work very well for shingles. Bonnie

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 6:00 PM, cathy.camara <cathy.camara@...> wrote:

Ingrid,

Your doctor didn't give you anything for shingles? They are very

painful, I don't see how just LDN works for that.

-- Bonnie Clinical Herbalist and Herbal Educatorwww.bonniesherbals.com

Guest guest

You are right, but babies accept mother's antibodies till they reach 6 months of age. This is kind of vague. The very next day that I was dx with shingles my lilone celebrated six months of age. :))) so does she get the anti-bodies or not?? However, it's over thanx to LDN...thanx to allnastiFrom: Raneri <rachel@...>low dose naltrexone Sent: Thursday, February 5, 2009 2:54:16 AMSubject: [low dose naltrexone] Re: shingles

I think that Cyndi and Skip would be much more knowledgeable than I, but if

shingles is present while breastfeeding, would that give the baby more

antibodies against chicken pox? Just curious,

Guest guest

Hi Jeanann,

CMT does not affect the immune system. It is not an auto-immune disease. CMT is

a neuromuscular disorder affecting the peripheral nerves (peripheral nervous

system) However, it is possible for persons with CMT to have a co-existing

immune disorder of some kind, like Rheumatoid Arthritis.

As for the Shingles vaccine, my Internist said * anyone * over 60 should get it.

If you have Medicare, it is covered under Part D.

See http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/shingles/vac-faqs.htm

Gretchen

Guest guest

I know there is no known connection between CMT and shingles and yet I find it

interesting that both myself and my brother (we both have CMT) have had

shingles. I am in Canada and he lives in England.

Warm wishes,

Guest guest

Hello, All.

I would highly recommend getting several medical opinions and doing a

lot of your own research before getting any kind of vaccination,

especially if you have an existing neuropathy such as CMT.

I got the flu shot for the first (and last) time in 2006, and I had a

severe neurological reaction. At the time I was unaware of having CMT.

I have never been the same since. I believe it greatly exacerbated my

existing neuropathy, and might have even accelerated its course.

I can also attest to coexisting autoimmune diseases. I just tested

borderline positive for Lupus.

Hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Alice

Guest guest

A bit unrelated directly, but I find it curious how Chicken Pox, and Shingles,

affect the nerves. In fact, I believe the virus actually 'lives' somewhere in

the nerves.

>

> Hi Jeanann,

>

> CMT does not affect the immune system. It is not an auto-immune disease. CMT

is a neuromuscular disorder affecting the peripheral nerves (peripheral nervous

system) However, it is possible for persons with CMT to have a co-existing

immune disorder of some kind, like Rheumatoid Arthritis.

>

> As for the Shingles vaccine, my Internist said * anyone * over 60 should get

it. If you have Medicare, it is covered under Part D.

>

> See http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/shingles/vac-faqs.htm

>

>

> Gretchen

>

Guest guest

Hi I had shingles five years ago and I have CMT.. My neurologist said it was

unrelated.. but then he has said a lot of things that I am finding out now that

are related.. so who knows..

Carol

Guest guest

Alice,

So sorry to hear about that. Although I've never had testing or anything I

know I had something going on ( wounds wouldn't heal, I was sick all the

time and swear I was dying. All because I listened to a dr. ), until I did

all my own research and mended myself through nutrition. Yes ,and I believe

lots of stuff is going to get a lot of people because some peoples body will

warn them and others it will be too late.

In a message dated 4/20/2009 11:32:17 A.M. Central Daylight Time,

alvozzo@... writes:

Hello, All.

I would highly recommend getting several medical opinions and doing a

lot of your own research before getting any kind of vaccination,

especially if you have an existing neuropathy such as CMT.

I got the flu shot for the first (and last) time in 2006, and I had a

severe neurological reaction. At the time I was unaware of having CMT.

I have never been the same since. I believe it greatly exacerbated my

existing neuropathy, and might have even accelerated its course.

I can also attest to coexisting autoimmune diseases. I just tested

borderline positive for Lupus.

Hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Alice

**************Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!

(http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000003)