pain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

What a timely question... I had an Indian Summer flare that is still

rollercoastering up and down, though trending down. Although I've had

symptoms one joint at a time for many years, last fall they all

started complaining at once and that was the first time I went to see

a rheumatologist. I started MTX in November 05 and Enbrel April 06.

Sure enough I flared again beginning Indian Summer. But although I

wasn't feeling very good at all, last year at this time I was

*MISERABLE*, barely able to get 3-4 hours of interrupted sleep each

night for a couple months. So although not a miracle cure for me, I'm

sure glad I have 50% less pain when I do flare. And over time certain

joints are getting better - I used to have a pretty good case of

frozen shoulders, on Enbrel with the stretches I've been doing for

years they now enjoy 80% of normal range of motion. That's about a 25%

mobility improvement for me.

Best wishes -

• 5 months later...
Guest guest

In a message dated 4/13/07 9:35:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, b63powell@... writes:

An increase in symptoms in the early stages of starting

LDN is not uncommon.

If this is true then why aren't people started on a smaller dose and then gradually upped to a higher dose? I decided to do that for myself when I started LDN. It is always important not to assault the body but to ease in gradually.

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

>

> Good Evening,

> I haven't wrote in for a while but I've been on 4.5 mg for about

three weeks

> now. I have a big problem though. The pain I'm experiencing is

excruciating.

> What's going on? It's in my legs, can anyone give me an Idea of

what's going

> on? The pain is worse then ever, how is that possible?

> Thanks Again,

> Ann

============

Back your dose down to 1.75mg for 1 month then increase to 2.5mg for a

month, then go to 3.0mg for 2 months, then try to increase gradually

from there. An increase in symptoms in the early stages of starting

LDN is not uncommon.

Guest guest

Dear Ann,

I will send you information privately. But this is something that happens, but usually more in the form of spasms.

I hope you feel better soon

Aletha

[low dose naltrexone] PAIN

Good Evening,

I haven't wrote in for a while but I've been on 4.5 mg for about three weeks now. I have a big problem though. The pain I'm experiencing is excruciating. What's going on? It's in my legs, can anyone give me an Idea of what's going on? The pain is worse then ever, how is that possible?

Thanks Again,

Ann

annf02@...

See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Sorry Ann if I keep giving you the same advise. Sometimes I forget exactly who I send things out to. I hope that did not seem rude of me.

I just want you to feel better.

My very best

Aletha

Re: [low dose naltrexone] PAIN

Aletha,

Thank You again for your advice.

Ann F.

annf02@...

Guest guest

Skips pharmacy seems to advocate starting on a smaller dose as you stated. Also, I have mentioned this in the "welcome e-mail". Good for you, for thinking of doing this for yourself.

My best

Aletha

Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: PAIN

In a message dated 4/13/07 9:35:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, b63powell writes:

An increase in symptoms in the early stages of starting LDN is not uncommon.If this is true then why aren't people started on a smaller dose and then gradually upped to a higher dose? I decided to do that for myself when I started LDN. It is always important not to assault the body but to ease in gradually.**************************************See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Many people do begin with small amounts. Some get their prescriptions filled in increments of 1.5mg so as to increase to 3mg and then 4.5mg. Not uncommon at all although many also start with 3mg or 4.5mg. Again it's the individual thing. I always remind people that 4.5mg of LDN is about the size of a grain of sand. It's such a small amount that if one does start with 4.5mg and there are problems, just back down a little bit and gradually try to increase. Stay with what seems to work for you. Marcie healthshelley@... wrote: In a message dated 4/13/07 9:35:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, b63powell writes: An increase in symptoms in the early stages of starting LDN is not uncommon.If this is true then why aren't people started on a smaller dose and then gradually upped to a higher dose? I decided to do that for myself when I started LDN. It is always important not

to assault the body but to ease in gradually.**************************************See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Ann,

I've lived with pain in my legs for years now.

I keep thinking I've experienced all possible types of pain, when a

new one appears.

Gabapentin helps, but the only reliable thing I've found to work is

cannabis.

Danny.

>

> Good Evening,

> I haven't wrote in for a while but I've been on 4.5 mg for about

three weeks

> now. I have a big problem though. The pain I'm experiencing is

excruciating.

> What's going on? It's in my legs, can anyone give me an Idea of

what's going

> on? The pain is worse then ever, how is that possible?

> Thanks Again,

> Ann

>

> _annf02@..._ (mailto:annf02@...)

>

>

>

> ************************************** See what's free at

http://www.aol.com.

>

Guest guest

Aletha,

No, it was not the same advice. I appreciate any e-mails back cause I'm still learning. I can't believe the pain today, even worse than yesterday! Could this really be some kind of side effect from LDN?

Thanks Again,

Ann F.

annf02@...See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Aletha,

I remember about two months ago I mentioned the antidepressants I was taking and you advised to continue taking them because it is not a good idea to stop as I did. Well, I would like to mention the names of them and their strength, - Paxil 20 mg, Trazodone 50 mg because I would like your opinion and any one else's. I'm still feeling very depressed, I don't know if it's the pain or the medicine is not working. So, thinking of trying Cymbalta because it supposedly helps with pain as well as depression. What do you think?

Important question and I do understand it is just your opinions but I do value them.

Thank You,

Ann F.

Guest guest

> >

> > Good Evening,

> > I haven't wrote in for a while but I've been on 4.5 mg for about

> three weeks

> > now. I have a big problem though. The pain I'm experiencing is

> excruciating.

> > What's going on? It's in my legs, can anyone give me an Idea of

> what's going

> > on? The pain is worse then ever, how is that possible?

> > Thanks Again,

> > Ann

> ============

>

> Back your dose down to 1.75mg for 1 month then increase to 2.5mg

for a

> month, then go to 3.0mg for 2 months, then try to increase

gradually

> from there. An increase in symptoms in the early stages of

starting

> LDN is not uncommon.

>

>

>

I agree with . I had alot of problems the first 3 months. I

expected that I would because I am sensitive to most meds. I started

at 1.5 mg...stayed there for 2 months...then went to 3.0 mg for 2

months....then went up to 4.5 mg. My neurologist actually wanted me

to do it this way and wrote the Rx like that. By the 4th month, the

problems....pain, spasms, bladder etc. were gone and I started to

see improvements in balance, fatigue, and walking also. I feel that

if I had started on 4.5mg I would not have made it.

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/14/2007 9:11:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Annf02 writes:

Aletha,

I remember about two months ago I mentioned the antidepressants I was taking and you advised to continue taking them because it is not a good idea to stop as I did. Well, I would like to mention the names of them and their strength, - Paxil 20 mg, Trazodone 50 mg because I would like your opinion and any one else's. I'm still feeling very depressed, I don't know if it's the pain or the medicine is not working. So, thinking of trying Cymbalta because it supposedly helps with pain as well as depression. What do you think?

Important question and I do understand it is just your opinions but I do value them.

Thank You,

Ann F.

annf02@...

Aletha,

Thank You,

Ann F.

Guest guest

and ,

Thank you both for your e-mails. I'm going back to square one and take the LDN as you both advised.

Ann F.

annf02#aol.comSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/17/2007 8:02:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Annf02 writes:

Good Evening,

As I mentioned a couple days ago that the pain in my legs is worst then ever and have followed the advice of two people in this group. About cutting back on the strength of the LDN I'm taking and also taking alpha lipoic acid but the pain has not even lessened. It really hurts, do you think that I have to go threw this as stated with the symptoms before it gets any better?

Thanks,

Ann F.

annf02@...

Good Evening,

As I mentioned a couple days ago that the pain in my legs is worst then ever and have followed the advice of two people in this group. About cutting back on the strength of the LDN I'm taking and also taking alpha lipoic acid but the pain has not even lessened. It really hurts, do you think that I have to go threw this as stated with the symptoms before it gets any better?

Thanks,

Ann F.

Guest guest

Ann

Many people find that getting enough Magnesium and omega3 fatty acids helps with these kinds of pain. Magnesium in liquid form is more effective than tabs. Omega-3 fatty acids are found in fish oil

Hope this helps mjh

Posted by: "annf02@..." annf02@...

Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:08 pm (PST)

Good Evening,As I mentioned a couple days ago that the pain in my legs is worst then ever and have followed the advice of two people in this group. About cutting back on the strength of the LDN I'm taking and also taking alpha lipoic acid but the pain has not even lessened. It really hurts, do you think that I have to go threw this as stated with the symptoms before it gets any better?Thanks,Ann F.See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

mjh,

I'm taking Omega-3 every day along with other vitamin supplements. I will buy the magnesium liquid and take that also. Thank you for your e-mail.

Ann F.

annf02@... See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Ann

We're all so different, and it's so hard to tell. I've been taking LDN since 2003. I was originally dx'd with MS in 2001 and recently tested positive for Lyme disease. I was on IV antibiotics for 7 months, with no significant change, so now I'm going the natural route.

Anyway, the pain I've been getting in my legs the past couple of weeks is excruciating, something I've not experienced before. I can't say it's the LDN b/c I've been taking it over 3 years, and this is new. The pain is so bad it's wakes me several times during the night, close to tears.

I'm not sure what's happening, but I don't think it's the LDN creating the problem. I'm taking it, not b/c it's known to help lyme, but to help regulate my immune system. The other things I'm doing to kill the lyme may be causing the pain, (herxheimer reaction) and the regulation of my immune system by the LDN, may be orchestrating the other things to work better.

It's such a variable and increased fish oil and magnesium help somewhat. I hope this helps you in some way. be well

Arlene

-------------- Original message -------------- From: annf02@...

Good Evening,

Thanks,

Ann F.

annf02@...

Guest guest

Anne

I take about 3 grams of fish oil three times a day and about 400 mg of liquid Magnesium three times a day.

How much fish oil (omega-3) are you taking?

Hope this helps mjh

Posted by: "annf02@..." annf02@...

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:02 am (PST)

mjh,I'm taking Omega-3 every day along with other vitamin supplements. I will buy the magnesium liquid and take that also. Thank you for your e-mail.Ann F.

Guest guest

Hi ta

Your English is just fine and thanks for posting.

Gabapentin is also called Neurontin, a seizure control medication that can have serious side effects when used off label as well as for its intended use.

mjh

Posted by: "ana patricia garza villar" julieta_usa@... julieta_usa

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:24 am (PST)

arlizottecomcast (DOT) net escribió: HELLOI am of Mexico reason why I hope that you include/understand since my ingles is not very good, sorry. Reason why mencioneas of the pain in the legs, I comment you that to my happens to me the same I suppose and that is part of the command post, but me the acquittal a medicine GABAPANTINA in ingles I do not know in name LUCKSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

arlizotte@... escribió: HELLO I am of Mexico reason why I hope that you include/understand since my ingles is not very good, sorry. Reason why mencioneas of the pain in the legs, I comment you that to my happens to me the same I suppose and that is part of the

command post, but me the acquittal a medicine GABAPANTINA in ingles I do not know in name LUCK See what's free at AOL.com. __________________________________________________Correo Espacio para todos tus mensajes,

antivirus y antispam ¡gratis! Regístrate ya - http://correo..mx/