Guest guest

Re: Odd Ducks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

>

" Theoretically I understand it, but I cannot understand really

> deeply why people are not nice - it doesn't fully compute. "

Not counting people who have been hurt and are lashing out in

unhappiness, the closest I can figure is that it gives them a thrill.

Trying to be nice and good can be painful and complicated whereas just

trying to get what you want and not caring is easier and not painful,

if your conscience has been scarred by constantly going against it, or

not having one. Just thinking about self and what self wants is

uncomplicated. But the pain and complication is worth what being nice

brings you, so I don't think nasty people can be truly happy. It's

about pleasure for them, not joy, and joy is a much deeper, higher and

deeply satisfying on many levels, quality/feeling.

>

Guest guest

>

" her

> smile to me is like grinning death. "

Yikes.

>

> " Now I worry that corruption will be at the top and it will filter

> down, not many think this will happen, but I believe it will not take

> her long to screw up a really good school :-( "

Don't you hate when you see the coming destruction ahead of time?

Guest guest

Rad! I had no idea about the rye fungus being a possible link to the hysteria of the Salem Witch Trials. I remembered reading something on rye a few years ago and how it can be used to make LSD because it has one of the ingredients. I think it's the red fungi that is harvested for LSD. I had organic morning glory seeds once and all it did was give me a horrible nausea and over-concentration. Morning glory seeds are also a source of ergoloids. Hitler used micophone frequencies to his advantage. His administration did the research on the microphone you see on the video, "we were meant to live for so much more, by that band who sucked. His scientists found the volume that causes uncontrollable bowel movements and many other things that cause bodily harm. An uncle from my dad's side if doing the insurance work in a disaster area and two uncle in-laws are making alot of money from commission work hiring builders in New Orleans in 7 man teams producing 1 house a day for each

team. He's capitalizing on the disaster and I don't blame him. Anyone who wants to tell flood stories to their grandchildren should waste no time in buying a house in that area. VISIGOTH@... wrote: Actually the Salem Witch Trials probably had another cause. In that region, rye was more common than wheat because of the climate. Rye can develop a particular type of fungus that looks much like the rye grains. That fungus can have a strong hallucinagenic effect when eaten and since it looked so much like the grain, it did make its way into the bread. Studies have also shown that the areas with the highest incidence of witch trials in Europe were also palces where more rye was grown that wheat and the trials spiked in years when conditions were best for that fungus to grow, that is cold with heavy rains. Charisma has caused a lot of trouble. I find it so interesting that many bad people like Hitler or cult leaders are described as being very charismatic. Hitler was said to have an almost hypnotic power over people, especially over crowds. I think the point is that people are more given to emotions than logic because emotions just happen and logic takes work. Emotions come unbidden and uncontrollably with regards to images or stories. With the proper slant and delivery, the emotions can be manipulated quite easily. Most people either won't even notice or don't care. This is how politicians stay in power even though as a rule they are bumbling and incompetant, more concerned about re-election and kick backs to accomplish anything meaningful. If people were instead logical, I really think we would have very few problems in the world. Take New Orleans for example. The emotional appeal is the

rebuild the city as it was. This is silly because 30 years ago, some places that are now residential areas protected by levees had 8 feet of water on them and the few houses there were built on stilts and were accessable only by boat. Logically, those areas should not be rebuilt but instead those people relocated to higher ground elsewhere and those areas returned to wild land. The money that would go to those levees should then be put into protecting the business and historic districts, which are already built on the highest ground and also the industrial areas. This won't happen though for a number of emotionally driven reasons. As a result, New Orleans will be rebuilt as it was, it will continue to sink (in places up to an inch per year) and the situation will steadily get worse until it is yet again and again. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

>

> " Rad! I had no idea about the rye fungus being a possible link to

the hysteria of the Salem Witch Trials. "

Maybe saw that same program on the History Channel about it.

The program said that it could also have been political, but I can't

remember the details. Something about one side of the town feeling

one way about an issue and the other side feeling another way. They

showed a map which indicated that most, if not all of the girls who

were having these supposed possessions were from one side of the

issue, and it started with the daughter of the man who was head of

the one side. Sorry, could I be more vague? Like Inger says, I'm a

whole-to-part thinker and I get the understanding of things but don't

retain the details.

" I remembered reading something on rye a few years ago and how it can

be used to make LSD because it has one of the ingredients. I think

it's the red fungi that is harvested for LSD. "

Really? LSD comes from a fungi?

Guest guest

The ergot alkaloids are similar in structure to LSD. Red fungi on rye has the most. There is a way to synthesize the alkaoloids with ethyl alcohol or some other chemicals. There are alot of new synthetic hallucinogens the same size as an LSD dose with different effects. LSD was created by the military to extract information from the enemy, then used on psychiatric patients for subconscious analysis, and then the hippies caught on to it and had a field day. That's about all I know on LSD. mikecarrie01 <mikecarrie01@...> wrote: >> "Rad! I had no idea about the rye fungus being a possible link to the hysteria of the Salem Witch Trials."Maybe saw that same program on the History Channel about it. The program said that it could

also have been political, but I can't remember the details. Something about one side of the town feeling one way about an issue and the other side feeling another way. They showed a map which indicated that most, if not all of the girls who were having these supposed possessions were from one side of the issue, and it started with the daughter of the man who was head of the one side. Sorry, could I be more vague? Like Inger says, I'm a whole-to-part thinker and I get the understanding of things but don't retain the details."I remembered reading something on rye a few years ago and how it can be used to make LSD because it has one of the ingredients. I think it's the red fungi that is harvested for LSD."Really? LSD comes from a fungi? __________________________________________________

Guest guest

wrote: " I wonder if this is why aspies are less susceptable

to this? Aspies generally use logic and facts rather than emotions? "

wrote: " I have strong emotions but my logical side is just

as strong. I've learned too, that sometimes emotions play a part and

without emotions logic can go astray. I wish I could explain this

better but I can't think how. "

Sometimes, logic dictates that a course of action not be taken but a

hunch ... an intuition ... natural knowing ... drives the individual

to override what logic dictates to do what he or she feels is

better. Sometimes emotions dictate that a course of action be taken

but reaon ... experience ... history ... drives the individual to

override what emotion dictates to do what he or she knows is better.

Emotion and logic can never be completely separate from the human

condition which is, for the most part, delicate and fragile and

precious.

Love is a perfect example of this partnership between emotion and

logic. The heart decides WHO it will love and the mind decides HOW

it will love. When balance is achieved, then all parts of the

equation are satisfied.

And like you, , I have developed strengths in logic and in

emotion and find that they oftentimes work in equal measure

regardless of the situation. This does not mean I am always happy

with the course of action that must result from considering all

sides of the situation. Sometimes it is important to be unhappy

with the initial decision, knowing that it is the RIGHT decision in

the long run.

Raven

Guest guest

The sort of programme you describe I would feel yes, to me that is an

injustice and such I do get upset, angry, frustrated over. I can't

understand why someone would throw away a life.

I met some foster parents who fostered a little girl with multiple

difficulties, when they realised the extent of the girls difficulties

some professionals suggested they give her up, but they loved her and

cherished her, this warmed my heart; that there are some who truly

care :-) They did not give up on a wonderful child :-)

> >

> > " Most of the time my emotions do not seem present. I have been in

> > situations where other people to me appear to get over emotional

> and

> > I do not understand it. "

> >

> >I was watching a program last night about children in the foster

> care program who have had multiple placements. Many have been

abused

> or had bad childhoods before being placed so they have problems

that

> the foster parents can't handle and they give them up. My emotions

> and my logic were having a war. I was overwhelmed by sadness for

> these children--their sorrowful pained faces and their comments

about

> how they have no one in the world that cares about them, that I

> almost couldn't take it. Then I thought, how can this problem be

> fixed? If someone takes a child like that their lives will be

> hellish. What can be done? How to make them happy and healthy if

> having people that care about them is necessary but can't happen

> because they have problems. The emotion made me care strongly but

the

> logic didn't allow me to do anything rash but to find a solution,

> while emotion keeps me thinking about it, not relegating it to an

> unimportant status in my brain. Maybe if emotion and logic are in

> balance, that's the best thing. I don't know.

>

Guest guest

The sort of programme you describe I would feel yes, to me that is an

injustice and such I do get upset, angry, frustrated over. I can't

understand why someone would throw away a life.

I met some foster parents who fostered a little girl with multiple

difficulties, when they realised the extent of the girls difficulties

some professionals suggested they give her up, but they loved her and

cherished her, this warmed my heart; that there are some who truly

care :-) They did not give up on a wonderful child :-)

> >

> > " Most of the time my emotions do not seem present. I have been in

> > situations where other people to me appear to get over emotional

> and

> > I do not understand it. "

> >

> >I was watching a program last night about children in the foster

> care program who have had multiple placements. Many have been

abused

> or had bad childhoods before being placed so they have problems

that

> the foster parents can't handle and they give them up. My emotions

> and my logic were having a war. I was overwhelmed by sadness for

> these children--their sorrowful pained faces and their comments

about

> how they have no one in the world that cares about them, that I

> almost couldn't take it. Then I thought, how can this problem be

> fixed? If someone takes a child like that their lives will be

> hellish. What can be done? How to make them happy and healthy if

> having people that care about them is necessary but can't happen

> because they have problems. The emotion made me care strongly but

the

> logic didn't allow me to do anything rash but to find a solution,

> while emotion keeps me thinking about it, not relegating it to an

> unimportant status in my brain. Maybe if emotion and logic are in

> balance, that's the best thing. I don't know.

>

Guest guest

That really was poetic! I know I'm on the right track and it's a culmination of positive events that are happening right now. There are alot of positive events that are in my future lately and I'm remembering to look at them as neutral events and it's better to do that than search for a reason to feel a certain way every time a strong emotion is present. The way is no way. Respect is another area I'm working on so as not to remind people of their shortcomings inadvertently. In that way I'll not bring myself or others down unless necessary for the future. I just watched an episode on polar bears and only 1 in 20 hunts are successful with them. They keep going though. Rudyard Kipling said success and failure are imposters. That sort of ties in well. ravenmagic2003 <ravenmagic2003@...> wrote: Nick

wrote: "People can't take the truth." The truth is not always pretty. The truth, however, is always reliable and is always dependable and is always unchangeable. And the truth demands courage. When one lacks the courage of their convictions, the truth is a difficult reality to face.Nick wrote: "I lay it all out at once and they said I was making them feel down from all of the negative information. Too bad!"No one can make another person feel or say or do anything that person is not already willing to feel or say or do. By laying it all out at once, you are involved in a neutral event. How they choose to paint that neutral event is of their own choosing.Likewise Nick, you need not internalize the neutrality of their reaction by painting it negative yourself. It is what it is. :-)Nick wrote: "Don't you want to have a better existence in life

than listening to whoever wears the damn suit and being miserable because of it????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Because these suits as you call them are, for the most part, those who are the decision makers of the world at present, there is some need to allow them a certain amount of leverage in one's life. I do not mean you must surrender control of your life to them, only that you must choose wisely which battles you will fight.And with every choice comes responsibility for one's own actions. It is the law of physics that speaks to actions and reactions. I have chosen to follow my passions as a composer, songwriter and performer. This reality has created, at times, a very frugal livelihood. I accept this because I am unwilling to sacrifice what this sort of life adds to my life. It allows me to be the crunchy granola free spirit that I am.I have rejected the concept

that a University education is a pre-requisite for teaching at Universities and Colleges. This reality has allowed me to teach part-time at the University here and to guest lecture at other Colleges. It allows me to be the crunchy granola free spirit that I am. That being said, though, I do keep in mind that in being the crunchy granola free spirit that I am and given that I am teaching at a University, I must conform to some degree to the image of a professor. And I agree to conform to some degree, in my own inimitable crunchy granola free spirit way. because ultimately the suits determine if my contracts are renewed every year.Does it make me miserable to conform to some degree? No. If it made me miserable I would have the opportunity to rechoose in the moment of now to be less conformist for that brief period of time, thereby jeopardizing -- or quite possibly destroying

-- the opportunity to teach at the University in future semesters.Life is a series of neutral events and each of us must decide for ourselves how we will choose to paint each event. And once painted, you must decide if you like the colour you used. You can always rechoose in the moment of now to use another colour altogether if you are dissatisfied with the results. And once again, after that paint has been applied, you can decide for yourself if you like the new colour you used. And in this way, life continues until you have a brightly coloured palette of experiences that speak loudly to the life you have led. Some palettes have more greys and blacks and browns and sombre greens and muted blues; some palettes have bright citron yellows and garish oranges and poppy reds. Every person's palette is unique for having been painted in the way only the individual can

paint.But do not allow someone else to decide for you what the colours of your palette will be otherwise you most assuredly will always find misery and never find beauty in the shades and hues and tints that touch your inner self.Ah! would you just listen to me wax poetic tonight? I really ought not respond to posts when I take a break from writing lyrics. :-oRaven __________________________________________________

Guest guest

That really was poetic! I know I'm on the right track and it's a culmination of positive events that are happening right now. There are alot of positive events that are in my future lately and I'm remembering to look at them as neutral events and it's better to do that than search for a reason to feel a certain way every time a strong emotion is present. The way is no way. Respect is another area I'm working on so as not to remind people of their shortcomings inadvertently. In that way I'll not bring myself or others down unless necessary for the future. I just watched an episode on polar bears and only 1 in 20 hunts are successful with them. They keep going though. Rudyard Kipling said success and failure are imposters. That sort of ties in well. ravenmagic2003 <ravenmagic2003@...> wrote: Nick

wrote: "People can't take the truth." The truth is not always pretty. The truth, however, is always reliable and is always dependable and is always unchangeable. And the truth demands courage. When one lacks the courage of their convictions, the truth is a difficult reality to face.Nick wrote: "I lay it all out at once and they said I was making them feel down from all of the negative information. Too bad!"No one can make another person feel or say or do anything that person is not already willing to feel or say or do. By laying it all out at once, you are involved in a neutral event. How they choose to paint that neutral event is of their own choosing.Likewise Nick, you need not internalize the neutrality of their reaction by painting it negative yourself. It is what it is. :-)Nick wrote: "Don't you want to have a better existence in life

than listening to whoever wears the damn suit and being miserable because of it????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Because these suits as you call them are, for the most part, those who are the decision makers of the world at present, there is some need to allow them a certain amount of leverage in one's life. I do not mean you must surrender control of your life to them, only that you must choose wisely which battles you will fight.And with every choice comes responsibility for one's own actions. It is the law of physics that speaks to actions and reactions. I have chosen to follow my passions as a composer, songwriter and performer. This reality has created, at times, a very frugal livelihood. I accept this because I am unwilling to sacrifice what this sort of life adds to my life. It allows me to be the crunchy granola free spirit that I am.I have rejected the concept

that a University education is a pre-requisite for teaching at Universities and Colleges. This reality has allowed me to teach part-time at the University here and to guest lecture at other Colleges. It allows me to be the crunchy granola free spirit that I am. That being said, though, I do keep in mind that in being the crunchy granola free spirit that I am and given that I am teaching at a University, I must conform to some degree to the image of a professor. And I agree to conform to some degree, in my own inimitable crunchy granola free spirit way. because ultimately the suits determine if my contracts are renewed every year.Does it make me miserable to conform to some degree? No. If it made me miserable I would have the opportunity to rechoose in the moment of now to be less conformist for that brief period of time, thereby jeopardizing -- or quite possibly destroying

-- the opportunity to teach at the University in future semesters.Life is a series of neutral events and each of us must decide for ourselves how we will choose to paint each event. And once painted, you must decide if you like the colour you used. You can always rechoose in the moment of now to use another colour altogether if you are dissatisfied with the results. And once again, after that paint has been applied, you can decide for yourself if you like the new colour you used. And in this way, life continues until you have a brightly coloured palette of experiences that speak loudly to the life you have led. Some palettes have more greys and blacks and browns and sombre greens and muted blues; some palettes have bright citron yellows and garish oranges and poppy reds. Every person's palette is unique for having been painted in the way only the individual can

paint.But do not allow someone else to decide for you what the colours of your palette will be otherwise you most assuredly will always find misery and never find beauty in the shades and hues and tints that touch your inner self.Ah! would you just listen to me wax poetic tonight? I really ought not respond to posts when I take a break from writing lyrics. :-oRaven __________________________________________________

Guest guest

>

> " And like you, , I have developed strengths in logic and in

> emotion and find that they oftentimes work in equal measure

> regardless of the situation. This does not mean I am always happy

> with the course of action that must result from considering all

> sides of the situation. Sometimes it is important to be unhappy

> with the initial decision, knowing that it is the RIGHT decision in

> the long run. "

Yes.

>

>

Guest guest

>

" I just watched an episode on polar bears and only 1 in 20 hunts are

successful with them. They keep going though. "

That's an encouraging example.

" Rudyard Kipling said success and failure are imposters. That sort of

ties in well. "

Food for thought...

>

Guest guest

And when balance is achieved in love, the result is sometimes a

rebirth of dormant qualities in other aspects of one's life. My

revived ability to paint has inspired me to produce one painting of

excellent calibre, and I am now working on a second. Perhaps I can

market these two paintings in some way or other...

Tom

Administrator

Emotion and logic can never be completely separate from the human

condition which is, for the most part, delicate and fragile and

precious.

Love is a perfect example of this partnership between emotion and

logic. The heart decides WHO it will love and the mind decides HOW

it will love. When balance is achieved, then all parts of the

equation are satisfied.