RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Odd Ducks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Chesslab.com is a place you can go to for chess among people who are better than you. What do you mean you're finishing off the Chess Club playoffs? Are you an organizer? Sheeple. What does that mean? What kind of school is it? Kim <6emini@...> wrote: I'm finnishing off the Chess Club playoffs at my kids school. I find relating to the kids very enjoyable. I'm not sure if this is because of the fact that these are gifted kids I work with but most of them think outside of the box. When I spoke with one of the office aides, she told me that most of us at the school are "odd ducks". It's really noticable when kids from here get together with friends from the neighborhood. Do Aspies tend to surround themselves with people of

their own intellect & different way of thinking? Are Aspies more comfortable with those people who question everything? I hate when people send me e-mails and they do not look anything up to see if the information is true. I call them "sheeple".Kim

Be a chatter box. Enjoy free PC-to-PC calls with Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

>

> " Do Aspies tend to surround themselves with people

> of their own intellect & different way of thinking? Are Aspies more

> comfortable with those people who question everything? I hate when

> people send me e-mails and they do not look anything up to see if the

> information is true. I call them " sheeple " . "

>

> It's often a relief to be around other Aspies or people who are

intellectually like me and who like to learn and have interests that

are not superficial. When I was young I felt very lonely, with a break

in high school because I had great friends who were like me, and then

my 20's were really difficult and lonely. I've been frustrated where I

think people understand things and we're on the same wavelength when

we're not. As I got older I began to seek out good people regardless of

their intellectual capacity or interests because I valued a good person

higher than a smart or interesting person and surround myself with good

people that I love and feel a lot for, some of whom are intelligent and

interesting. Come to think of it, one couple is an Aspie man and his

intelligent wife. Sometimes I am frustrated doing things with my

friends that I wouldn't choose and can be a drag, especially can non-

Aspie women in general drive me crazy and be a drag if I'm with them

too long, but I don't mind having my own interests and being alone so

it works out for me.

Guest guest

>

> " Do Aspies tend to surround themselves with people

> of their own intellect & different way of thinking? Are Aspies more

> comfortable with those people who question everything? I hate when

> people send me e-mails and they do not look anything up to see if the

> information is true. I call them " sheeple " . "

>

> It's often a relief to be around other Aspies or people who are

intellectually like me and who like to learn and have interests that

are not superficial. When I was young I felt very lonely, with a break

in high school because I had great friends who were like me, and then

my 20's were really difficult and lonely. I've been frustrated where I

think people understand things and we're on the same wavelength when

we're not. As I got older I began to seek out good people regardless of

their intellectual capacity or interests because I valued a good person

higher than a smart or interesting person and surround myself with good

people that I love and feel a lot for, some of whom are intelligent and

interesting. Come to think of it, one couple is an Aspie man and his

intelligent wife. Sometimes I am frustrated doing things with my

friends that I wouldn't choose and can be a drag, especially can non-

Aspie women in general drive me crazy and be a drag if I'm with them

too long, but I don't mind having my own interests and being alone so

it works out for me.

Guest guest

The school is a regional gifted center that kids must " test " in the

97% percentile on up to get in and stay in. The classes are ahead

one to two years and the verbally gifted children often have

vocabularies well within the high school range. The science program

does not learn out of a book anymore, too cool for the kids! Most

of it is hands on. Math is a trip.. I have a fourth grader learning

Algebra and a fifth grader working on exponents. My freshman son

who went thru the same school 1-8th is now taking all AP classes.

Very demanding indeed.

I got suckered into the chess club. Someone asked if I'd like to

help out and I came to a meeting. Well, when other parents couldn't

make it to the meetings, I ended up in charge. This is my second

year doing this and things went pretty well. It's noise overload

but I smile and try to focus on one thing at a time, besides saying

shhhhh a million times. My favorite saying was " Chess is a quiet

game, I should only hear you Check or Checkmate. By now if I start

saying it the kids end it for me.

Sheeple: the plural of sheep, a weak or easily led person.

It bothered me when some of my own cousins began to e-mail me all

kinds of hoaxes. I usually sent them to snopes.com and asked them

to check out snopes research on it.

Kim

> I'm finnishing off the Chess Club playoffs at my kids school. I

find ....

Guest guest

People who act like sheep. They are SO dumb, for all their use as a wool producer. Set a stick in front of them and they will halt in their tracks. Forget going around or stepping over. Kind of like lemnmings, who all go off a cliff if one does. Or whales beaching themselves just beacause one got stuck.nick <drumthis2001@...> wrote: Chesslab.com is a place you can go to for chess among people who are better than you. What do you mean you're finishing off the Chess Club playoffs? Are you an organizer? Sheeple. What does that mean? What kind of school is it? Kim <6emini@...> wrote: I'm finnishing off the Chess Club playoffs at my kids

school. I find relating to the kids very enjoyable. I'm not sure if this is because of the fact that these are gifted kids I work with but most of them think outside of the box. When I spoke with one of the office aides, she told me that most of us at the school are "odd ducks". It's really noticable when kids from here get together with friends from the neighborhood. Do Aspies tend to surround themselves with people of their own intellect & different way of thinking? Are Aspies more comfortable with those people who question everything? I hate when people send me e-mails and they do not look anything up to see if the information is true. I call them "sheeple".Kim Be a chatter box. Enjoy free PC-to-PC

calls with Messenger with Voice. If you love something, set it free! So it is with books. See what I mean atwww.bookcrossing.com/friend/nheckoblogcritics.orghttp://notesfromnancy.blogspot.com Heckofreelance proofreadernancygailus@... __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Let's see, I tend to hang with people of all different kinds of backgrounds and interests. Most of my church friends have college degrees. Come to think of it, the ones still in school are getting their post degrees i.e. at least a master's. But I tend to have those who are different drawn to me. Do not seek out, but I meet. My theatre background introduced concept of most "out there" people being successful at what they do. And believe me, all kinds do theatre....Kim <6emini@...> wrote: Do Aspies tend to surround themselves with people of their own intellect & different way of thinking? Are Aspies more comfortable with those people who question everything? I hate when people send me e-mails and they do not look anything up to see if the information is true. I call

them "sheeple".KimIf you love something, set it free! So it is with books. See what I mean atwww.bookcrossing.com/friend/nheckoblogcritics.orghttp://notesfromnancy.blogspot.com Heckofreelance proofreadernancygailus@... __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Oh. Thanks for the information. That's too good! Humans have always been persuaded by evil geniuses and I've had to standby and watch it happen in elementary school. All THEY like sheep have gone astray. Hecko <nancygailus@...> wrote: People who act like sheep. They are SO dumb, for all their use as a wool producer. Set a stick in front of them and they will halt in their tracks. Forget going around or stepping over. Kind of like lemnmings, who all go off a cliff if one does. Or whales beaching themselves just beacause one got stuck.nick <drumthis2001@...> wrote: Chesslab.com is a place you can go to for chess among people who are better than you. What do you mean you're finishing off the

Chess Club playoffs? Are you an organizer? Sheeple. What does that mean? What kind of school is it? Kim <6emini@...> wrote: I'm finnishing off the Chess Club playoffs at my kids school. I find relating to the kids very enjoyable. I'm not sure if this is because of the fact that these are gifted kids I work with but most of them think outside of the box. When I spoke with one of the office aides, she told me that most of us at the school are "odd ducks". It's really noticable when kids from here get together with friends from the neighborhood. Do Aspies tend to surround themselves with people of their own intellect & different way of thinking? Are Aspies more comfortable with those people who question

everything? I hate when people send me e-mails and they do not look anything up to see if the information is true. I call them "sheeple".Kim Be a chatter box. Enjoy free PC-to-PC calls with Messenger with Voice. If you love something, set it free! So it is with books. See what I mean atwww.bookcrossing.com/friend/nheckoblogcritics.orghttp://notesfromnancy.blogspot.com Heckofreelance proofreadernancygailus@... __________________________________________________

Guest guest

>

> " Humans have always been persuaded by evil geniuses and I've had to

standby and watch it happen in elementary school. All THEY like sheep

have gone astray. "

This frustrates me. I don't understand why people are so easily

persuaded and follow someone who has a little charisma or knows how to

fool people. I admit there's some clever people out there and it's sad

because they're confident they can fool people, and they're right. It's

hard to watch it play out and I'm helpless. But I've laid things out

for people and shown them why not to trust someone that seems so

obvious--such as showing where that person lied or contradicted

themself or how they're using an argument to their benefit and other

tricks, and the person I'm trying to convince will pick on something

I've said that they don't agree with that may be a small thing and

completely miss the point or they'll just say something like, 'Well, I

think they're nice.' That's when I throw up my hands and walk away.

What does 'Well, I think they're nice' have to do with the facts I ask

you?!

Guest guest

they dont see what you domikecarrie01 <mikecarrie01@...> wrote: >>"Humans have always been persuaded by evil geniuses and I've had to standby and watch it happen in elementary school. All THEY like sheep have gone astray."This frustrates me. I don't understand why people are so easily persuaded and follow someone who has a little charisma or knows how to fool people. I admit there's some clever people out there and it's sad because they're confident they can fool people, and they're right. It's hard to watch it play out and I'm helpless. But I've laid things out for people and shown them why not to trust someone that seems so obvious--such as showing where that person lied or contradicted themself or how

they're using an argument to their benefit and other tricks, and the person I'm trying to convince will pick on something I've said that they don't agree with that may be a small thing and completely miss the point or they'll just say something like, 'Well, I think they're nice.' That's when I throw up my hands and walk away. What does 'Well, I think they're nice' have to do with the facts I ask you?! If you love something, set it free! So it is with books. See what I mean atwww.bookcrossing.com/friend/nheckoblogcritics.orghttp://notesfromnancy.blogspot.com

Heckofreelance proofreadernancygailus@... __________________________________________________

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/1/2006 5:11:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, drumthis2001@... writes:

Oh, I learned a long time ago that the world is ruled by smooth talking con artists. Psychologists have helped Aspies think: "they're emotional and I just don't think that way". That's just another way of saying: " I'm cold-hearted but, don't have enough emotion to care about anything for some odd reason. " Charisma is what led to the Salem Witch Trials. That's why I stay away from people and I make them wish they never met me if I've been with them. I guess I'm working on that because I have to be connected to other people. I'm just much more careful these days and am aware of the injustices. I'm glad you atleast understand. People can't take the truth. I lay it all out at once and they said I was making them feel down from all of the negative information. Too bad! Don't you want to have a better existence in life than listening to whoever wears the damn suit and being miserable because of it????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually the Salem Witch Trials probably had another cause. In that region, rye was more common than wheat because of the climate. Rye can develop a particular type of fungus that looks much like the rye grains. That fungus can have a strong hallucinagenic effect when eaten and since it looked so much like the grain, it did make its way into the bread. Studies have also shown that the areas with the highest incidence of witch trials in Europe were also palces where more rye was grown that wheat and the trials spiked in years when conditions were best for that fungus to grow, that is cold with heavy rains.

Charisma has caused a lot of trouble. I find it so interesting that many bad people like Hitler or cult leaders are described as being very charismatic. Hitler was said to have an almost hypnotic power over people, especially over crowds.

I think the point is that people are more given to emotions than logic because emotions just happen and logic takes work. Emotions come unbidden and uncontrollably with regards to images or stories. With the proper slant and delivery, the emotions can be manipulated quite easily. Most people either won't even notice or don't care. This is how politicians stay in power even though as a rule they are bumbling and incompetant, more concerned about re-election and kick backs to accomplish anything meaningful.

If people were instead logical, I really think we would have very few problems in the world. Take New Orleans for example. The emotional appeal is the rebuild the city as it was. This is silly because 30 years ago, some places that are now residential areas protected by levees had 8 feet of water on them and the few houses there were built on stilts and were accessable only by boat. Logically, those areas should not be rebuilt but instead those people relocated to higher ground elsewhere and those areas returned to wild land. The money that would go to those levees should then be put into protecting the business and historic districts, which are already built on the highest ground and also the industrial areas. This won't happen though for a number of emotionally driven reasons. As a result, New Orleans will be rebuilt as it was, it will continue to sink (in places up to an inch per year) and the situation will steadily get worse until it is yet again and again.

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/1/2006 5:11:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, drumthis2001@... writes:

Oh, I learned a long time ago that the world is ruled by smooth talking con artists. Psychologists have helped Aspies think: "they're emotional and I just don't think that way". That's just another way of saying: " I'm cold-hearted but, don't have enough emotion to care about anything for some odd reason. " Charisma is what led to the Salem Witch Trials. That's why I stay away from people and I make them wish they never met me if I've been with them. I guess I'm working on that because I have to be connected to other people. I'm just much more careful these days and am aware of the injustices. I'm glad you atleast understand. People can't take the truth. I lay it all out at once and they said I was making them feel down from all of the negative information. Too bad! Don't you want to have a better existence in life than listening to whoever wears the damn suit and being miserable because of it????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another point here. For a very long time, basically from the Greeks on, it was considered the greatest compliment to tell a man he was reasonable, meaning that he was a level headed and rational thinker. That changed I think in the 1700's with Sartre, Voltaire and some of their ilk. After them, the greatest compliment was to say that a person had soul, which I take to mean that the person was more emotional.

I personally prefer being called reasonable to being told I have soul. Both have come my way, but the soul comment only once and in regard to my historic restoration projects. I don't see restoring my family's place as soul, however. To me it is rational because it is history and with our projects it will be useful and thus maintained.

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/1/2006 6:00:31 PM Eastern Standard Time, mikecarrie01@... writes:

It's often a relief to be around other Aspies or people who are intellectually like me and who like to learn and have interests that are not superficial. When I was young I felt very lonely, with a break in high school because I had great friends who were like me, and then my 20's were really difficult and lonely.

I had this problem too. Most people in knew in my teens were utterly superficial and base. Fortunately, I found a few people who lacked pretense and simply were what they were, and fortunately were also upright people, for the most part.

The high school I went to, a military boarding school, offered subscriptions to the main state paper. Lots of us took it. Most people only read the sports page whereas my friends and I read everything BUT the sports page. Weight lifting was big and it was probably something I should have gotten into then. The problem was they were all about bulk, getting huge and all that. I just wanted to get stronger, knowing that I would get more muscular with time, and also that getting bulky would only make me slower and less coordinated. I went to the weight room a few times, but those who weren't laughing at me only tried to convince me to get huge, so I stopped going.

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/1/2006 7:08:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, nancygailus@... writes:

Let's see, I tend to hang with people of all different kinds of backgrounds and interests. Most of my church friends have college degrees. Come to think of it, the ones still in school are getting their post degrees i.e. at least a master's. But I tend to have those who are different drawn to me. Do not seek out, but I meet. My theatre background introduced concept of most "out there" people being successful at what they do. And believe me, all kinds do theatre....

When I was in high school and college I got along much better with the teachers and professors than most of the other students. Most of the students I got on with were the odd ones: the ones who played role playing games, Battletech or read science fiction and fantasy. We were also the ones who would discuss current events or history in depth. I never got into chess though, but I rarely lost military board games.

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/1/2006 7:08:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, nancygailus@... writes:

Let's see, I tend to hang with people of all different kinds of backgrounds and interests. Most of my church friends have college degrees. Come to think of it, the ones still in school are getting their post degrees i.e. at least a master's. But I tend to have those who are different drawn to me. Do not seek out, but I meet. My theatre background introduced concept of most "out there" people being successful at what they do. And believe me, all kinds do theatre....

When I was in high school and college I got along much better with the teachers and professors than most of the other students. Most of the students I got on with were the odd ones: the ones who played role playing games, Battletech or read science fiction and fantasy. We were also the ones who would discuss current events or history in depth. I never got into chess though, but I rarely lost military board games.

Guest guest

>

> " they dont see what you do "

Even if I explain it to them? Do they still not understand and not want

to admit it or are their minds closed or do they just not listen?

>

Guest guest

Oh, I learned a long time ago that the world is ruled by smooth talking con artists. Psychologists have helped Aspies think: "they're emotional and I just don't think that way". That's just another way of saying: " I'm cold-hearted but, don't have enough emotion to care about anything for some odd reason. " Charisma is what led to the Salem Witch Trials. That's why I stay away from people and I make them wish they never met me if I've been with them. I guess I'm working on that because I have to be connected to other people. I'm just much more careful these days and am aware of the injustices. I'm glad you atleast understand. People can't take the truth. I lay it all out at once and they said I was making them feel down from all of the negative information. Too bad! Don't you want to have a better existence in life than listening to whoever wears the damn suit and being miserable because of it????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mikecarrie01 <mikecarrie01@...> wrote: This frustrates me. I don't understand why people are so easily persuaded and follow someone who has a little charisma or knows how to fool people. I admit there's some clever people out there and it's sad because they're confident they can fool people, and they're right. It's hard to watch it play out and I'm helpless. But I've laid things out for people and shown them why not to trust someone that seems so obvious--such as showing where that person lied or contradicted themself or how they're using an argument to their benefit and other tricks, and the person I'm trying to convince will pick on something I've said that they don't agree with that may be a small thing and completely miss the point or they'll just say something like, 'Well, I think they're nice.' That's when

I throw up my hands and walk away. What does 'Well, I think they're nice' have to do with the facts I ask you?! mikecarrie01 <mikecarrie01@...> wrote: >>"Humans have always been persuaded by evil geniuses and I've had to standby and watch it happen in elementary school. All THEY like sheep have gone astray."This frustrates me. I don't understand why people are so easily persuaded and follow someone who has a little charisma or knows how to fool people. I admit there's some clever people out there and it's sad because they're confident they can fool people, and they're right. It's hard to watch it play out and I'm helpless. But I've laid things out for people and shown them why not to trust someone

that seems so obvious--such as showing where that person lied or contradicted themself or how they're using an argument to their benefit and other tricks, and the person I'm trying to convince will pick on something I've said that they don't agree with that may be a small thing and completely miss the point or they'll just say something like, 'Well, I think they're nice.' That's when I throw up my hands and walk away. What does 'Well, I think they're nice' have to do with the facts I ask you?!

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/1/2006 10:18:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, ravenmagic2003@... writes:

But did you not have a passion with which you carried out this restoration? If so, then this passion is what caused the other person to see your soul. Soul is not about emotions run amuck. Soul is about acknowledging and validating that emotion and logic have found collided with such intensity that they have moved forward to achieve the same end hence ... SOUL.Raven

Passion? Not really. One way AS affects me is that my emotions are muted most of the time. Very rarely have I felt passionate about anything, at least not for very long. I can still do things of course, I simply don't get as fired up about them as other people seem to.

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/1/2006 10:38:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, ravenmagic2003@... writes:

Perhaps I did not word my comment well when I spoke to your restoration. The fact that you did the work with such care and precision translates into passion for me so while you may not have felt passion, passion would have been what I would see and experience. I would then have (most likely) commented on the passion and the 'soul' invested in the restoration.The neutrality of events (the restoration) would have been painted thusly by my heart. :-)Raven

I see it more as an interesting project, but not something that really gets me excited. What does get me going though is the way certain people dragged their feet during the project and some are doing so now in an important part. I want to get an oral history going so that I can have a system installed that will allow people to play recordings made by these people. However, some of them are quite old and those interviews need to be done before they die and that information is lost forever. I'm probably going to have to go down there an make a real nuisance of myself to get it done, kind of like I had to do with some of the other things. Its not the land manager that is fooling around, but rather the museum people. The ground work and restoration is going very well, its the historical part that is dragging.

Guest guest

wrote: " I don't see restoring my family's place as soul,

however. To me it is rational because it is history and with our

projects it will be useful and thus maintained. "

But did you not have a passion with which you carried out this

restoration? If so, then this passion is what caused the other person

to see your soul. Soul is not about emotions run amuck. Soul is

about acknowledging and validating that emotion and logic have found

collided with such intensity that they have moved forward to achieve

the same end hence ... SOUL.

Raven

Yes, I really should think twice about posting when I am taking a

break from writing lyrics. :-o

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/2/2006 1:26:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, no_reply writes:

In the case of the fellow who committed bank fraud, I initially got the idea he was "oily" and I never warmed to him nor he to me. After a while, he just treated me indifferently. But he treated everyoine else very nice. He always smiled and told wonderful jokes.

A fellow who ran one of the small mills near my place in Alabama was like that. I met him one time and he just felt "wrong". There was just the aura about him that made my skin crawl and feel in need of a shower after shaking hands with him. He and his brother managed to run the mill into the ground, a mill that their father had built up from nothing. Left the town with a nice environmental mess too: bad creosote storage and handling systems that were 20 years out of date. Bad management and putting off the clean up finally got creditors and the state version of the EPA to close them down. Put a lot of people out of work.

He had this nice big house built off on a side road a few miles out of town. No one lives in it now and no telling if it will sell any time soon since it is in kind of a God foresaken location. My place is out of the way, but at least it is on the main road and you can see people coming.

Guest guest

Raven wrote: " But did you not have a passion with which you

carried out this restoration? If so, then this passion is what

caused the other person to see your soul. Soul is not about

emotions run amuck. Soul is about acknowledging and validating

that emotion and logic have found collided with such intensity that

they have moved forward to achieve the same end hence ... SOUL.

wrote: " Passion? Not really. One way AS affects me is that

my emotions are muted most of the time. Very rarely have I felt

passionate about anything, at least not for very long. I can still

do things of course, I simply don't get as fired up about them as

other people seem to. "

I have been told quite the opposite about myself ... that I am far

more 'fired up' and 'passionate' about things than most anyone else

they have ever met. This is how AS affects me ... I experience

everything so very intensely and sometimes this is not an asset.

There are times when I wish I could be more on the other end of the

spectrum in this regard.

Of course, most of the time I cherish being on this end of the

spectrum because I am enamored of the little things such intense

passion can reveal in the smallest of nature's gifts.

I have colleagues who are known to say that the worst part of any

disaster in which I am involved is the inital reaction to what it

will mean to what they believe I cherish most ... emotions. And

yes, the initial hit is always the hardest one from which to

recover. Everything after that is much easier.

Perhaps I did not word my comment well when I spoke to your

restoration. The fact that you did the work with such care and

precision translates into passion for me so while you may not have

felt passion, passion would have been what I would see and

experience. I would then have (most likely) commented on the

passion and the 'soul' invested in the restoration.

The neutrality of events (the restoration) would have been painted

thusly by my heart. :-)

Raven

Guest guest

I remember someone from my old place of employment(a bank) whom

everyone but me thought was " nice. " This person was later thrown out

of the bank for committing bank fraud.

Not very nice.

Tom

Administrator

>

> " Humans have always been persuaded by evil geniuses and I've had to

standby and watch it happen in elementary school. All THEY like sheep

have gone astray. "

But I've laid things out for people and shown them why not to trust

someone that seems so obvious--such as showing where that person lied

or contradicted themself or how they're using an argument to their

benefit and other tricks, and the person I'm trying to convince will

pick on something I've said that they don't agree with that may be a

small thing and completely miss the point or they'll just say

something like, 'Well, I think they're nice.' That's when I throw up

my hands and walk away.

What does 'Well, I think they're nice' have to do with the facts I ask

you?!

Guest guest

They won't listen to you no matter how many times you explain in to

them and I will tell you why.

In the case of the fellow who committed bank fraud, I initially got

the idea he was " oily " and I never warmed to him nor he to me. After

a while, he just treated me indifferently. But he treated everyoine

else very nice. He always smiled and told wonderful jokes.

People began to notice that this person and I did not get along, and

being Aspie, I simply said that I didn't like him. I said I thought

he had two personalities. One that he showed everyone and one that he

hid from everyone.

Someone told me frankly that I was difficult to get along with and

this was why this fellow and I did not get along.

When he got caught a few people made jokes about me being a " fraud

radar " but most people seemed bitter that I was right about someone

they liked being two-faced.

People would rather believe what they want to believe than believe

the truth.

Tom

Administrator

>

> " they dont see what you do "

Even if I explain it to them? Do they still not understand and not

want

to admit it or are their minds closed or do they just not listen?

Guest guest

" I've been frustrated where I think people understand things and

we're on the same wavelength when we're not. "

What bugs me conversing with some non aspies is that they instantly

say 'I understand' when they often do not at all. I tend to say, 'I

can relate', or 'I think I can relate', 'I think I understand' - how

can one presume to know how another is, especially if they do not

know that person very well.

Little vent there :-)

> >

> > " Do Aspies tend to surround themselves with people

> > of their own intellect & different way of thinking? Are Aspies

more

> > comfortable with those people who question everything? I hate

when

> > people send me e-mails and they do not look anything up to see if

the

> > information is true. I call them " sheeple " . "

> >

> > It's often a relief to be around other Aspies or people who are

> intellectually like me and who like to learn and have interests

that

> are not superficial. When I was young I felt very lonely, with a

break

> in high school because I had great friends who were like me, and

then

> my 20's were really difficult and lonely. I've been frustrated

where I

> think people understand things and we're on the same wavelength

when

> we're not. As I got older I began to seek out good people

regardless of

> their intellectual capacity or interests because I valued a good

person

> higher than a smart or interesting person and surround myself with

good

> people that I love and feel a lot for, some of whom are intelligent

and

> interesting. Come to think of it, one couple is an Aspie man and

his

> intelligent wife. Sometimes I am frustrated doing things with my

> friends that I wouldn't choose and can be a drag, especially can

non-

> Aspie women in general drive me crazy and be a drag if I'm with

them

> too long, but I don't mind having my own interests and being alone

so

> it works out for me.

>

Guest guest

I think the point is that people are more given to emotions than

logic because emotions just happen and logic takes work. Emotions

come unbidden and uncontrollably with regards to images or stories.

With the proper slant and delivery, the emotions can be manipulated

quite easily. Most people either won't even notice or don't care. "

I wonder if this is why aspies are less susceptable to this? Aspies

generally use logic and facts rather than emotions?

I do have emotions, but most times they not really present; the only

times they seem to impede me is in matters of love and now I am aware

of that and becoming much more dicerning.

>

>

> In a message dated 6/1/2006 5:11:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,

> drumthis2001@... writes:

>

> Oh, I learned a long time ago that the world is ruled by smooth

talking con

> artists. Psychologists have helped Aspies think: " they're

emotional and I

> just don't think that way " . That's just another way of saying: "

I'm

> cold-hearted but, don't have enough emotion to care about anything

for some odd reason.

> " Charisma is what led to the Salem Witch Trials. That's why I

stay away

> from people and I make them wish they never met me if I've been

with them. I

> guess I'm working on that because I have to be connected to other

people. I'm

> just much more careful these days and am aware of the injustices.

I'm glad

> you atleast understand. People can't take the truth. I lay it all

out at once

> and they said I was making them feel down from all of the negative

> information. Too bad! Don't you want to have a better existence in

life than listening

> to whoever wears the damn suit and being miserable because of

> it????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>

>

>

> Actually the Salem Witch Trials probably had another cause. In that

region,

> rye was more common than wheat because of the climate. Rye can

develop a

> particular type of fungus that looks much like the rye grains. That

fungus can

> have a strong hallucinagenic effect when eaten and since it looked

so much like

> the grain, it did make its way into the bread. Studies have also

shown that

> the areas with the highest incidence of witch trials in Europe

were also

> palces where more rye was grown that wheat and the trials spiked

in years when

> conditions were best for that fungus to grow, that is cold with

heavy rains.

>

> Charisma has caused a lot of trouble. I find it so interesting that

many bad

> people like Hitler or cult leaders are described as being very

charismatic.

> Hitler was said to have an almost hypnotic power over people,

especially over

> crowds.

>

> I think the point is that people are more given to emotions than

logic

> because emotions just happen and logic takes work. Emotions come

unbidden and

> uncontrollably with regards to images or stories. With the proper

slant and

> delivery, the emotions can be manipulated quite easily. Most people

either won't

> even notice or don't care. This is how politicians stay in power

even though as

> a rule they are bumbling and incompetant, more concerned about re-

election

> and kick backs to accomplish anything meaningful.

>

> If people were instead logical, I really think we would have very

few

> problems in the world. Take New Orleans for example. The emotional

appeal is the

> rebuild the city as it was. This is silly because 30 years ago,

some places that

> are now residential areas protected by levees had 8 feet of water

on them

> and the few houses there were built on stilts and were accessable

only by boat.

> Logically, those areas should not be rebuilt but instead those

people

> relocated to higher ground elsewhere and those areas returned to

wild land. The

> money that would go to those levees should then be put into

protecting the

> business and historic districts, which are already built on the

highest ground and

> also the industrial areas. This won't happen though for a number

of

> emotionally driven reasons. As a result, New Orleans will be

rebuilt as it was, it

> will continue to sink (in places up to an inch per year) and the

situation will

> steadily get worse until it is yet again and again.

>

>

>