RemedySpot.com

Re: Weight Loss Drug?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

-

2 doses ! - and likely the first dose just needed some time to catch up. Saw cardio, about 1 pm, was 180/140 in his office - at the end of the visit he had an aha moment, asked me if I had ever had spiro, I said no, went and got it about 6pm, took one dose then, another about midnight, and woke up with a 120/80 which did occasionally get high still because I wasn't DASHing, but once dashing I would get 90/60 and had to back off the spiro. 50MG to 25 to 12.5 to at present none, but dashing, I had a week of some summer cold or something and BP spiked though diet was really not much because I was sick. But lately doing well again.

-- On Wed, 7/11/12, Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> wrote:

From: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...>Subject: Re: Re: Weight Loss Drug?"hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 1:37 PM

One day is our record with as I recall. ESP if you are DASHING.

May your pressure be low!

CE Grim MS, MD

Specializing in Difficult

Hypertension

On Jul 11, 2012, at 13:26, "catherinekerth@..." <catherinekerth@...> wrote:

Darn! OK. Well I usually run 20 miles a week until I was plagued with low K and uncontrollable BP and low glucose. I am exp. Very low pressure today. Did the Spiro work that fast?Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wirelessâ„¢ Re: Weight Loss Drug?

Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2" tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.> > > Hi Folks,> > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.> > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.> > > > > > > > Max, 62M> > > >>

Guest guest

I am dashing.... and I had 25mg of Spiro and 10mg of lisinopril last night after dinner. I woke up with 109/71. The afternoon is my high time and I just checked it it was a tad higher.Yeah! I will expect fluctuations. But so far so good. Medicine always seem to fizzle out in 4 to 6 weeks. I am guessing the Spiro won't fizzle out like other BP's.To: hyperaldosteronism From: lowerbp2@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 13:37:50 -0500Subject: Re: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

One day is our record with as I recall. ESP if you are DASHING. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 11, 2012, at 13:26, " catherinekerth@... " <catherinekerth@...> wrote:

Darn! OK. Well I usually run 20 miles a week until I was plagued with low K and uncontrollable BP and low glucose. I am exp. Very low pressure today. Did the Spiro work that fast?Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™-----Original message-----From: Bingham <jlkbbk2003@...>To: hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wed, Jul 11, 2012 16:43:02 GMT+00:00Subject: RE: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

You just wrote you are only exercising once a week now - so that's most likely the answer to your own question. And are you planning on exercising more than that eventually? Spiro is not really the kind of diuretic your thinking of (lose the rapid " water " weight kind).

-- On Wed, 7/11/12, Kerth <catherinekerth@...> wrote:

From: Kerth <catherinekerth@...>Subject: RE: Re: Weight Loss Drug?To: hyperaldosteronism Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:07 AM

I have a question about PA and weight gain. I was 138lbs and comfortable size 6 in January then I saw a rapid increase in my waist size. Then I got sick with low K symptoms and weened myself off exercise from sheer exhaustion. In the past few months I have gained a lot if weight and yesterday at the docs office I topped out at 156!!!!! Please tell me the Spiro (being a diuretic) will take off atleast 6 of those pounds. I was floored when I weighed in at that. I still eat about 1800to2000cals/ day through this 7and month ordeal. Only exercising about once s week.Anyone else have incredible weight gain during the diagnosis process?

To: hyperaldosteronism From: janeray1940@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:56:47 +0000Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2 " tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.--- In hyperaldosteronism , Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> wrote:>> Set your DASH cAlories to 1800.

If that does not work drop to 1200 and the weight will melt away. > > Easier said than done. > > > > May your pressure be low!> > CE Grim MS, MD> Specializing in Difficult> Hypertension> > On Jul 10, 2012, at 20:48, MedStat <medstat@...> wrote:> > > Hi Folks,> > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.> > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.> > > > > > > > Max, 62M> > > >>

Guest guest

Subclinical cortisol doesn't show many times on UFC or low DEX. Best test is

late night (11:30pm and midnight). NIH did it 2 nights in a row and I didn't

surpress either night which is abnormal since cortisol should be shut down in

preparation for sleep.

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > > Hi Folks,

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug

for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here

that have been on such drugs.

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > > Many thanks in advance.

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > > Max, 62M

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > > >

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

, after reading your posts and those from others here with cortisol issues,

I have to say I started to wonder if the dex test I had was even accurate or

relevant. My pre-adrenalectomy body shape (especially at my highest weight -

like a big balloon on two skinny sticks for legs!), coupled with the insomnia

that I had for so long (and no longer have) had me convinced that I had a

cortisol issue going on. Never made the connection until just now that both my

body shape and sleep patterns normalized after surgery. Hmmmm...

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Hi Folks,

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss

drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members

here that have been on such drugs.

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > > Max, 62M

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

, have you been checked for subclinical cushing's (cortisol)?

Extra weight around the middle is one of the only signs I have. And yes, I have

experienced weight gain w/PA. When Spiro was working I managed to loose 20-25

lbs. The month I stopped spiro I gained back 15 lbs. I have been on Elperenone

(but probably at a lower dose) for almost 2 months and have just about lost

those 15 lbs I regined. (I was on 25mg bid of each med. We raised the Epler to

50mg bid on Monday to see if we could get rid of the flank pain. I'll let you

know if I loose 100lbs. or so!) ;>)

>

> >

>

> > > Hi Folks,

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for

me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > Many thanks in advance.

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > Max, 62M

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

Guest guest

If you are grinding roots you must be a poor hunter! I have a remote camp 1.2 miles off the grid and we get along just fine! Headed up tomorrow for 4 days and I expect the cortisol to go down!

> > > > > Hi Folks,> > > > > > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.> > > > > > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.> > > > > > > > > > > > Max, 62M> > > > > >> >>

Guest guest

" Sticks for legs " is another good sign from what I hear. I read somewhere that

SCS occurred in something like 22-24% of the time with Unilateral PA an in the

low 40% with Bilateral. Did they supplement cortisol after your surgery?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Hi Folks,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss

drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members

here that have been on such drugs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Max, 62M

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

They didn't supplement cortisol that I can recall. Come to think of it, I don't

even know if they checked it at all after the adrenalectomy.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Hi Folks,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight

loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the

members here that have been on such drugs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Max, 62M

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Yup. They checked my cortisol. At my 11am blood draw it was 8.0 and normal range was 4.0 - can't remember.So that's good. Made sure the endo knew my grandfather died of pituitary tumor.To: hyperaldosteronism From: jclark24p@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:39:51 +0000Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

Extra weight around the middle is one of the only signs I have. And yes, I have experienced weight gain w/PA. When Spiro was working I managed to loose 20-25 lbs. The month I stopped spiro I gained back 15 lbs. I have been on Elperenone (but probably at a lower dose) for almost 2 months and have just about lost those 15 lbs I regined. (I was on 25mg bid of each med. We raised the Epler to 50mg bid on Monday to see if we could get rid of the flank pain. I'll let you know if I loose 100lbs. or so!) ;>)

--- In hyperaldosteronism , Kerth <catherinekerth@...> wrote:

>

> I have a question about PA and weight gain. I was 138lbs and comfortable size 6 in January then I saw a rapid increase in my waist size. Then I got sick with low K symptoms and weened myself off exercise from sheer exhaustion. In the past few months I have gained a lot if weight and yesterday at the docs office I topped out at 156!!!!! Please tell me the Spiro (being a diuretic) will take off atleast 6 of those pounds. I was floored when I weighed in at that. I still eat about 1800to2000cals/ day through this 7and month ordeal. Only exercising about once s week.

>

> Anyone else have incredible weight gain during the diagnosis process?

>

> To: hyperaldosteronism

> From: janeray1940@...

> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:56:47 +0000

> Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.

>

>

>

> 1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2 " tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.

>

>

>

> I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.

>

>

>

> Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.

>

>

>

> --- In hyperaldosteronism , Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@> wrote:

>

> >

>

> > Set your DASH cAlories to 1800. If that does not work drop to 1200 and the weight will melt away.

>

> >

>

> > Easier said than done.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > May your pressure be low!

>

> >

>

> > CE Grim MS, MD

>

> > Specializing in Difficult

>

> > Hypertension

>

> >

>

> > On Jul 10, 2012, at 20:48, MedStat <medstat@> wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > Hi Folks,

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > Max, 62M

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

Guest guest

In general for BP AND K it takes a out 2x the dose of Epl as SpiroMay your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 11, 2012, at 15:39, <jclark24p@...> wrote:

Extra weight around the middle is one of the only signs I have. And yes, I have experienced weight gain w/PA. When Spiro was working I managed to loose 20-25 lbs. The month I stopped spiro I gained back 15 lbs. I have been on Elperenone (but probably at a lower dose) for almost 2 months and have just about lost those 15 lbs I regined. (I was on 25mg bid of each med. We raised the Epler to 50mg bid on Monday to see if we could get rid of the flank pain. I'll let you know if I loose 100lbs. or so!) ;>)

>

> >

>

> > > Hi Folks,

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > Max, 62M

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

Guest guest

I have found if I eat what our creator designed for us to eat, I don't get the cravings for foods. If I eat what I call man made food, (anything that comes in a bag, box, or bottlle) I am never satisfied even though my tummy is stuffed. If you eat an apple as a snack, you lose the craving for something sweet, thus eating less and getting excellent nutrition. After two months of no salt, I can look at a bag of chips (my old favorite) and not want it. I'm actually enjoying eating w/o salt. From: msmith_1928 <janeray1940@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:56 AM Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.

1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2" tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.

I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.

Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.

>

> > Hi Folks,

> >

> >

> >

> > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.

> >

> >

> >

> > Many thanks in advance.

> >

> >

> >

> > Max, 62M

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

They checked it about 12-13 hours too early. It's the midnight diurnal

cortisols that uncovers SCS according to NIH.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Hi Folks,

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Many thanks in advance.

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Max, 62M

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

Guest guest

I am not sure it is preparation for sleep. Did you use your CPAP when there. If not this can mess up cortisol.CE Grim MDOn Jul 11, 2012, at 12:51 PM, wrote: Subclinical cortisol doesn't show many times on UFC or low DEX. Best test is late night (11:30pm and midnight). NIH did it 2 nights in a row and I didn't surpress either night which is abnormal since cortisol should be shut down in preparation for sleep. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi Folks, > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Max, 62M > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

undetectable cortisol is good after dex. If aldo was undectable at the same time then one has GRA but few test for this as part of the dex test. I do.CE Grim MDOn Jul 11, 2012, at 1:09 PM, msmith_1928 wrote: , after reading your posts and those from others here with cortisol issues, I have to say I started to wonder if the dex test I had was even accurate or relevant. My pre-adrenalectomy body shape (especially at my highest weight - like a big balloon on two skinny sticks for legs!), coupled with the insomnia that I had for so long (and no longer have) had me convinced that I had a cortisol issue going on. Never made the connection until just now that both my body shape and sleep patterns normalized after surgery. Hmmmm... > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi Folks, > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Max, 62M > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Well at least what our genes have been selected for to eat and survive in the old days.CE Grim MDOn Jul 11, 2012, at 8:39 PM, Ann Churchill wrote: I have found if I eat what our creator designed for us to eat, I don't get the cravings for foods. If I eat what I call man made food, (anything that comes in a bag, box, or bottlle) I am never satisfied even though my tummy is stuffed. If you eat an apple as a snack, you lose the craving for something sweet, thus eating less and getting excellent nutrition. After two months of no salt, I can look at a bag of chips (my old favorite) and not want it. I'm actually enjoying eating w/o salt. From: msmith_1928 <janeray1940@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:56 AM Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug? Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be. 1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2" tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that. I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance. Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time. > > > Hi Folks, > > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs. > > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance. > > > > > > > > Max, 62M > > > > >

Guest guest

And of course the endo *didn't* test aldo at the same time, just cortisol. Sigh.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Hi Folks,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a

> > weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on

> > these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Max, 62M

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Which is then confirmed with a overnight Dex suppression test as I recall.CE Grim MDOn Jul 11, 2012, at 8:40 PM, wrote: They checked it about 12-13 hours too early. It's the midnight diurnal cortisols that uncovers SCS according to NIH. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi Folks, > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Max, 62M > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Yes, I used my bipap, as a matter of fact I even used it during the AVS procedure!

Did you sleep through that class or is that the day you went skiing? Oh wait, there has been a lot of info published in this area in the last 3 years, maybe they hadn't figured it out "in your day"! I have heard about it during my 3 sleep studies and a few times from Phsyco Docs. It should be the subject of conversation during at least 2 if not 3 appts. next week.

Here are a couple of items that start to explain it. The first is a graph that shows "normal" Cortisol cycle. The second explains the process. If you think about it, it is very hard to go or stay asleep during periods of high stress. Cortisol, "the stress hormone" is probably a factor!

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/media/1588/Circadian-rhythm-a-graphic-depiction-of-cortisol-values-over-a

http://www.talkaboutsleep.com/circadian-rhythm-disorders/circadian-rhythm-sleep-disorders/03-how-circadian-rhythms-regulate-sleep-and-activity.htm

> > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > Hi Folks,> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a > > weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on > > these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > Max, 62M> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> >>

Guest guest

Me too!! About enjoying the no salt. I still have some pizza etc once in a while - and I am a cake guy - but very rare. But thinking about it I do agree with you that I have been finding that I just haven't had an appetite, but I have also been eating well so maybe you're on to something.

From: Ann Churchill <mac.3377@...>Subject: Re: Re: Weight Loss Drug?"hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:39 PM

I have found if I eat what our creator designed for us to eat, I don't get the cravings for foods. If I eat what I call man made food, (anything that comes in a bag, box, or bottlle) I am never satisfied even though my tummy is stuffed. If you eat an apple as a snack, you lose the craving for something sweet, thus eating less and getting excellent nutrition. After two months of no salt, I can look at a bag of chips (my old favorite) and not want it. I'm actually enjoying eating w/o salt.

From: msmith_1928 <janeray1940@...>hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:56 AMSubject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2" tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.> > > Hi Folks,> > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.> > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.> > > > > > > > Max, 62M> > >

>>

Guest guest

Not sure he did . He died in the 50's and my dad was only a teenager. He had terrible headaches for years. Bedridden the last year and passed. My dad took care of him the entire time and he never talks about it now. The autopsy revealed a huge tumor on his pituitary.To: hyperaldosteronism From: lowerbp2@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:41:52 -0500Subject: Re: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

But did he have Cushing's from the pit rumor?May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 11, 2012, at 16:41, Kerth <catherinekerth@...> wrote:

Yup. They checked my cortisol. At my 11am blood draw it was 8.0 and normal range was 4.0 - can't remember.So that's good. Made sure the endo knew my grandfather died of pituitary tumor.To: hyperaldosteronism From: jclark24p@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:39:51 +0000Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

--- In hyperaldosteronism , Kerth <catherinekerth@...> wrote:

>

> I have a question about PA and weight gain. I was 138lbs and comfortable size 6 in January then I saw a rapid increase in my waist size. Then I got sick with low K symptoms and weened myself off exercise from sheer exhaustion. In the past few months I have gained a lot if weight and yesterday at the docs office I topped out at 156!!!!! Please tell me the Spiro (being a diuretic) will take off atleast 6 of those pounds. I was floored when I weighed in at that. I still eat about 1800to2000cals/ day through this 7and month ordeal. Only exercising about once s week.

>

> Anyone else have incredible weight gain during the diagnosis process?

>

> To: hyperaldosteronism

> From: janeray1940@...

> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:56:47 +0000

> Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.

>

>

>

> 1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2 " tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.

>

>

>

> I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.

>

>

>

> Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.

>

>

>

> --- In hyperaldosteronism , Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@> wrote:

>

> >

>

> > Set your DASH cAlories to 1800. If that does not work drop to 1200 and the weight will melt away.

>

> >

>

> > Easier said than done.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > May your pressure be low!

>

> >

>

> > CE Grim MS, MD

>

> > Specializing in Difficult

>

> > Hypertension

>

> >

>

> > On Jul 10, 2012, at 20:48, MedStat <medstat@> wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > Hi Folks,

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > Max, 62M

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

Guest guest

Did he look Cushingoid?Cushing's tumors usually not too large but it is the cortisol from the adrenal that does most folks in. Not the rumor in the head. Death certificate may babe details but. Eat would be the autopsy. Told your Endo of this I assume. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 12, 2012, at 6:35, Kerth <catherinekerth@...> wrote:

Not sure he did . He died in the 50's and my dad was only a teenager. He had terrible headaches for years. Bedridden the last year and passed. My dad took care of him the entire time and he never talks about it now. The autopsy revealed a huge tumor on his pituitary.hyperaldosteronism From: lowerbp2@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:41:52 -0500Subject: Re: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

But did he have Cushing's from the pit rumor?May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 11, 2012, at 16:41, Kerth <catherinekerth@...> wrote:

Yup. They checked my cortisol. At my 11am blood draw it was 8.0 and normal range was 4.0 - can't remember.So that's good. Made sure the endo knew my grandfather died of pituitary tumor.hyperaldosteronism From: jclark24p@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:39:51 +0000Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

>

> >

>

> > > Hi Folks,

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > Max, 62M

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

Guest guest

Ah yes in the old days it was thought that the fall in BP at night is what caused sleep. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 12, 2012, at 0:12, <jclark24p@...> wrote:

Yes, I used my bipap, as a matter of fact I even used it during the AVS procedure!

Did you sleep through that class or is that the day you went skiing? Oh wait, there has been a lot of info published in this area in the last 3 years, maybe they hadn't figured it out "in your day"! I have heard about it during my 3 sleep studies and a few times from Phsyco Docs. It should be the subject of conversation during at least 2 if not 3 appts. next week.

Here are a couple of items that start to explain it. The first is a graph that shows "normal" Cortisol cycle. The second explains the process. If you think about it, it is very hard to go or stay asleep during periods of high stress. Cortisol, "the stress hormone" is probably a factor!

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/media/1588/Circadian-rhythm-a-graphic-depiction-of-cortisol-values-over-a

http://www.talkaboutsleep.com/circadian-rhythm-disorders/circadian-rhythm-sleep-disorders/03-how-circadian-rhythms-regulate-sleep-and-activity.htm

> > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > Hi Folks,> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a > > weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on > > these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> >

> > > > > > Max, 62M> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> >>

Guest guest

There is data in pigs(4 leggedkind) that salt in food increases fat gain. Suspect same in humans. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 12, 2012, at 2:32, Bingham <jlkbbk2003@...> wrote:

Me too!! About enjoying the no salt. I still have some pizza etc once in a while - and I am a cake guy - but very rare. But thinking about it I do agree with you that I have been finding that I just haven't had an appetite, but I have also been eating well so maybe you're on to something.

From: Ann Churchill <mac.3377@...>Subject: Re: Re: Weight Loss Drug?"hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:39 PM

I have found if I eat what our creator designed for us to eat, I don't get the cravings for foods. If I eat what I call man made food, (anything that comes in a bag, box, or bottlle) I am never satisfied even though my tummy is stuffed. If you eat an apple as a snack, you lose the craving for something sweet, thus eating less and getting excellent nutrition. After two months of no salt, I can look at a bag of chips (my old favorite) and not want it. I'm actually enjoying eating w/o salt.

From: msmith_1928 <janeray1940@...>hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:56 AMSubject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2" tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.> > > Hi Folks,> > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.> > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.> > > > > > > > Max, 62M> > >

>>

Guest guest

They reference this book: "The Body Clock Guide to Better Health" , I just ordered it used from Amazon for 6bucks. Looks interesting.

> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Hi Folks,> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a > > > > weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on > > > > these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Max, 62M> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> > > >>

Guest guest

I'm not sure what your source is but be real careful. Here is what I learned on

the farm: " Salt and chocolate are two foods you never want to feed to your pig.

Pigs can acquire salt poisoning from having too much salt in their diets. In

some cases pigs are highly allergic to chocolate. Either of these foods have the

potential to kill your pig. " (You might get away with it but be sure they have

plenty of water!) I recommend alot of fiber and fruits and vegetables! Is that

the DASH diet with unlimited calories?

Now we did have a salt-lick for cows, that caused them to drink more water which

they converted to milk which we converted to money (sometimes)! A salt-lick is

sometimes converted to venison so I understand but considered illegal in some

states!

> > >

> > > > Hi Folks,

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Many thanks in advance.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Max, 62M

> > > >

> > > >