RemedySpot.com

Re: Weight Loss Drug?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Set your DASH cAlories to 1800. If that does not work drop to 1200 and the weight will melt away. Easier said than done. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 10, 2012, at 20:48, MedStat <medstat@...> wrote:

Hi Folks, It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs. Many thanks in advance. Max, 62M

Guest guest

In Canada, this simply means: eat every other day only J Max. Set your DASH cAlories to 1800. If that does not work drop to 1200 and the weight will melt away. Easier said than done. May your pressure be low! CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 10, 2012, at 20:48, MedStat <medstat@...> wrote: Hi Folks, It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs. Many thanks in advance. Max, 62M

Guest guest

Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this

advice would be.

1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2 " tall and weigh

111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is

about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a

sugary drink on top of that.

I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to

the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are

addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live

in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.

Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems

to win every time.

>

> > Hi Folks,

> >

> >

> >

> > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me.

I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that

have been on such drugs.

> >

> >

> >

> > Many thanks in advance.

> >

> >

> >

> > Max, 62M

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I have a question about PA and weight gain. I was 138lbs and comfortable size 6 in January then I saw a rapid increase in my waist size. Then I got sick with low K symptoms and weened myself off exercise from sheer exhaustion. In the past few months I have gained a lot if weight and yesterday at the docs office I topped out at 156!!!!! Please tell me the Spiro (being a diuretic) will take off atleast 6 of those pounds. I was floored when I weighed in at that. I still eat about 1800to2000cals/ day through this 7and month ordeal. Only exercising about once s week.Anyone else have incredible weight gain during the diagnosis process?To: hyperaldosteronism From: janeray1940@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:56:47 +0000Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.

1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2 " tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.

I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.

Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.

--- In hyperaldosteronism , Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> wrote:

>

> Set your DASH cAlories to 1800. If that does not work drop to 1200 and the weight will melt away.

>

> Easier said than done.

>

>

>

> May your pressure be low!

>

> CE Grim MS, MD

> Specializing in Difficult

> Hypertension

>

> On Jul 10, 2012, at 20:48, MedStat <medstat@...> wrote:

>

> > Hi Folks,

> >

> >

> >

> > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.

> >

> >

> >

> > Many thanks in advance.

> >

> >

> >

> > Max, 62M

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Dr Grim always adds easier said then done. The sames goes for DASH.

> >

> > > Hi Folks,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for

me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here

that have been on such drugs.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Many thanks in advance.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Max, 62M

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Or learn to track what you eat. A diary is a good way to start. Then work on what you can change to get calories down to what it takes for YOU to get your weight to where you want it. Simple is concept difficult in execution. On Jul 10, 2012, at 11:14 PM, MedStat wrote: In Canada, this simply means: eat every other day only J Max. Set your DASH cAlories to 1800. If that does not work drop to 1200 and the weight will melt away. Easier said than done. May your pressure be low! CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 10, 2012, at 20:48, MedStat <medstat@...> wrote: Hi Folks, It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs. Many thanks in advance. Max, 62M

Guest guest

You are correct in that many fail to follow the advice. However the fact that some do wake up and learn how to eat in a healthy fashion is the reason I always give the advice. Just like I always remind my patients that stopping smoking even tho I have done it 1000 of times. Some do change eating habits and or smoking. Until the facts change in the patients head behavior will not change. This is the reason I recommend the DASH book. CE GrimMDOn Jul 11, 2012, at 7:56 AM, msmith_1928 wrote: Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be. 1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2" tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that. I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance. Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time. > > > Hi Folks, > > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs. > > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance. > > > > > > > > Max, 62M > > > > >

Guest guest

Weight = calories in (food or drink) - calories out (BMR + exercise).So this must be the answer. The problem is the control system that regulates body weight.This can be reset perhaps by stress, meds etc. It is a very strong controller and seems to be hard to reset in many.CE Grim MDOn Jul 11, 2012, at 8:07 AM, Kerth wrote: I have a question about PA and weight gain. I was 138lbs and comfortable size 6 in January then I saw a rapid increase in my waist size. Then I got sick with low K symptoms and weened myself off exercise from sheer exhaustion. In the past few months I have gained a lot if weight and yesterday at the docs office I topped out at 156!!!!! Please tell me the Spiro (being a diuretic) will take off atleast 6 of those pounds. I was floored when I weighed in at that. I still eat about 1800to2000cals/ day through this 7and month ordeal. Only exercising about once s week.Anyone else have incredible weight gain during the diagnosis process?hyperaldosteronism From: janeray1940@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:56:47 +0000Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug? Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be. 1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2" tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that. I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance. Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time. > > > Hi Folks, > > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs. > > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance. > > > > > > > > Max, 62M > > > > >

Guest guest

Hi - if you read my story in the files and many of my past

pre-adrenalectomy posts, you will see that I had a huge struggle with weight

gain while the tumor was still in my body. In fact, sudden weight gain was my

first symptom that something was wrong - after a lifetime of being underweight

(with a low in my mid-30s of 89 pounds!) I suddenly gained fifty pounds in less

than a year (with no change in my typical 1000-1200 calorie/day diet or fairly

active exercise habits). My then-doctor thought the weight gain was WONDERFUL

and refused to pursue the possibility that something was wrong. It took me

another 12 years to get a diagnosis.

I only took spiro briefly, twice, and it did not impact my weight at all - in

fact, the second time around I actually gained weight.

Throughout all of this, almost all of my weight gain was concentrated around my

belly (my waist size was only 2 " smaller than my hip and bust measurement!) and

upper arms. It was impossible to lose even an ounce, and the gain continued,

until diagnosis for food intolerances forced me to eliminate most carbs (no

sugar, no grains) and add animal protein into my diet (I had been mostly

vegetarian since childhood and even now I am a reluctant omnivore). At that

point most of it melted off, but I still had a puffy belly and arms and 10 extra

pounds that wouldn't budge.

My adrenalectomy was last October. Within a week, I dropped those 10 extra

pounds, and they haven't come back.

I am convinced that there is some sort of metabolic derangement that happens in

later-stage PA that is not addressed by DASH or spiro. For me, the only thing

that fixed it was getting that diseased adrenal out of my body.

-msmith1928

Left laparoscopic adrenalectomy 10/13/11

>

> >

>

> > > Hi Folks,

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > Max, 62M

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

Guest guest

You just wrote you are only exercising once a week now - so that's most likely the answer to your own question. And are you planning on exercising more than that eventually? Spiro is not really the kind of diuretic your thinking of (lose the rapid "water" weight kind).

-- On Wed, 7/11/12, Kerth <catherinekerth@...> wrote:

From: Kerth <catherinekerth@...>Subject: RE: Re: Weight Loss Drug?hyperaldosteronism Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 10:07 AM

I have a question about PA and weight gain. I was 138lbs and comfortable size 6 in January then I saw a rapid increase in my waist size. Then I got sick with low K symptoms and weened myself off exercise from sheer exhaustion. In the past few months I have gained a lot if weight and yesterday at the docs office I topped out at 156!!!!! Please tell me the Spiro (being a diuretic) will take off atleast 6 of those pounds. I was floored when I weighed in at that. I still eat about 1800to2000cals/ day through this 7and month ordeal. Only exercising about once s week.Anyone else have incredible weight gain during the diagnosis process?

hyperaldosteronism From: janeray1940@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:56:47 +0000Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2" tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.> > > Hi Folks,> > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.> > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.> > > > > > > > Max, 62M> > > >>

Guest guest

Every civilized society centers their days around meals.

From: msmith_1928 <janeray1940@...>Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?hyperaldosteronism Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 9:56 AM

Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2" tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.> > > Hi Folks,> > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.> > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.> > > > > > > > Max, 62M> > >

>>

Guest guest

From: msmith_1928 <janeray1940@...>Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?hyperaldosteronism Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 9:56 AM

Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2" tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.> > > Hi Folks,> > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.> > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.> > > > > > > > Max, 62M> > >

>>

Guest guest

I'm not talking about meals, I'm talking about FoodTV, food blogs, food

magazines, and the American obsession with MORE, BIGGER, and CHEAPER equaling

better.

My office is full of donuts, potlucks, happy hours, etc. - it's also full of

obesity.

> >

> > > Hi Folks,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Max, 62M

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I'm not talking about meals, I'm talking about FoodTV, food blogs, food

magazines, and the American obsession with MORE, BIGGER, and CHEAPER equaling

better.

My office is full of donuts, potlucks, happy hours, etc. - it's also full of

obesity.

> >

> > > Hi Folks,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Max, 62M

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Darn! OK. Well I usually run 20 miles a week until I was plagued with low K and uncontrollable BP and low glucose. I am exp. Very low pressure today. Did the Spiro work that fast?Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wirelessâ„¢ Re: Weight Loss Drug? Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2" tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.> > > Hi Folks,> > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.> > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.> > > > > > > > Max, 62M> > > >>

Guest guest

And u stopped no other medications that may have altered BMI set point? Another possibility is that tumor was also making cortisol. Time will tell. Don't recall any cortisol testing being done?May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 11, 2012, at 11:23, msmith_1928 <janeray1940@...> wrote:

Hi - if you read my story in the files and many of my past pre-adrenalectomy posts, you will see that I had a huge struggle with weight gain while the tumor was still in my body. In fact, sudden weight gain was my first symptom that something was wrong - after a lifetime of being underweight (with a low in my mid-30s of 89 pounds!) I suddenly gained fifty pounds in less than a year (with no change in my typical 1000-1200 calorie/day diet or fairly active exercise habits). My then-doctor thought the weight gain was WONDERFUL and refused to pursue the possibility that something was wrong. It took me another 12 years to get a diagnosis.

I only took spiro briefly, twice, and it did not impact my weight at all - in fact, the second time around I actually gained weight.

Throughout all of this, almost all of my weight gain was concentrated around my belly (my waist size was only 2" smaller than my hip and bust measurement!) and upper arms. It was impossible to lose even an ounce, and the gain continued, until diagnosis for food intolerances forced me to eliminate most carbs (no sugar, no grains) and add animal protein into my diet (I had been mostly vegetarian since childhood and even now I am a reluctant omnivore). At that point most of it melted off, but I still had a puffy belly and arms and 10 extra pounds that wouldn't budge.

My adrenalectomy was last October. Within a week, I dropped those 10 extra pounds, and they haven't come back.

I am convinced that there is some sort of metabolic derangement that happens in later-stage PA that is not addressed by DASH or spiro. For me, the only thing that fixed it was getting that diseased adrenal out of my body.

-msmith1928

>

> >

>

> > > Hi Folks,

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > Max, 62M

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

Guest guest

And u stopped no other medications that may have altered BMI set point? Another possibility is that tumor was also making cortisol. Time will tell. Don't recall any cortisol testing being done?May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 11, 2012, at 11:23, msmith_1928 <janeray1940@...> wrote:

Hi - if you read my story in the files and many of my past pre-adrenalectomy posts, you will see that I had a huge struggle with weight gain while the tumor was still in my body. In fact, sudden weight gain was my first symptom that something was wrong - after a lifetime of being underweight (with a low in my mid-30s of 89 pounds!) I suddenly gained fifty pounds in less than a year (with no change in my typical 1000-1200 calorie/day diet or fairly active exercise habits). My then-doctor thought the weight gain was WONDERFUL and refused to pursue the possibility that something was wrong. It took me another 12 years to get a diagnosis.

I only took spiro briefly, twice, and it did not impact my weight at all - in fact, the second time around I actually gained weight.

Throughout all of this, almost all of my weight gain was concentrated around my belly (my waist size was only 2" smaller than my hip and bust measurement!) and upper arms. It was impossible to lose even an ounce, and the gain continued, until diagnosis for food intolerances forced me to eliminate most carbs (no sugar, no grains) and add animal protein into my diet (I had been mostly vegetarian since childhood and even now I am a reluctant omnivore). At that point most of it melted off, but I still had a puffy belly and arms and 10 extra pounds that wouldn't budge.

My adrenalectomy was last October. Within a week, I dropped those 10 extra pounds, and they haven't come back.

I am convinced that there is some sort of metabolic derangement that happens in later-stage PA that is not addressed by DASH or spiro. For me, the only thing that fixed it was getting that diseased adrenal out of my body.

-msmith1928

>

> >

>

> > > Hi Folks,

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > Max, 62M

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

Guest guest

One day is our record with as I recall. ESP if you are DASHING. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 11, 2012, at 13:26, "catherinekerth@..." <catherinekerth@...> wrote:

Darn! OK. Well I usually run 20 miles a week until I was plagued with low K and uncontrollable BP and low glucose. I am exp. Very low pressure today. Did the Spiro work that fast?Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wirelessâ„¢ Re: Weight Loss Drug?

Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2" tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.> > > Hi Folks,> > > > > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here that have been on such drugs.> > > > > > > > Many thanks in advance.> > > > > > > > Max, 62M> > > >>

Guest guest

Another reason I almost never start 2 BP meds at once. And always start the lowest dose. Been burned too many times as have pts. By not following the start low go slow rule. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 11, 2012, at 13:26, "catherinekerth@..." <catherinekerth@...> wrote:

Darn! OK. Well I usually run 20 miles a week until I was plagued with low K and uncontrollable BP and low glucose. I am exp. Very low pressure today. Did the Spiro work that fast?Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wirelessâ„¢ Re: Weight Loss Drug?

Guest guest

The only meds I was on before surgery was K tabs, and occasional 800mg ibuprofen

or cyclobenzaprine for my low-K related muscle spasm. AFAIK those aren't known

to alter metabolism or cause weight gain?

I had the dex suppression test done once; my test results were almost

undetectable. This actually surprised me since my weight gain pattern was so

typical of a cortisol issue, but the endo who did the testing said my results

were " perfectly normal. "

Worth noting: same endo also said I didn't have PA :)

> > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > > > Hi Folks,

> > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug

for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here

> > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > > > Many thanks in advance.

> > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > > > Max, 62M

> > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Uncivilized societies are likely even more focused on finding food to survive. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 11, 2012, at 11:45, Bingham <jlkbbk2003@...> wrote:

>>

Guest guest

Maybe you can be a change force in your office. If someone is bringing in unhealthy food items as a "gift" inform them that they will be thrown out-if you are in charge. If the food is being brought in by salespeople then tell them they are making a bad impression and you only expect healthy foods to be brought in. When I was running the Milwaukee Hypertension club which was funded by drug companies I insisted that we only held meetings in a place that could do a DASH MEAL or we have it catered with a DASH MENU. Heard some grumbles but eventually won them over. "if I am providing you a meal as part of the educational experience I am not going to force you to eat poison. You are free to add salt (poison) on your own."At least 50% of those attending the sessions were on a BP MED OR HAD RHE DX of HTN. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 11, 2012, at 11:51, msmith_1928 <janeray1940@...> wrote:

I'm not talking about meals, I'm talking about FoodTV, food blogs, food magazines, and the American obsession with MORE, BIGGER, and CHEAPER equaling better.

My office is full of donuts, potlucks, happy hours, etc. - it's also full of obesity.

> >

> > > Hi Folks,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Max, 62M

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

So true! except it's pleasure vs survival, a carnal mind vs a starving one!

A "want" vs a need. I know I can't imagine what that would be like to spend a day in a hot sun with no AC to come to or no freezer to pull some ice cubes out of to cool off for a few, just to try and find some roots to grind up to feed my family.

Spoiled we are.

Guest guest

LOL I'm not in charge of anything, fortunately :)

When I returned to work after my surgery, everyone was asking me how I lost so

much weight (even though it was only about 10 pounds, but on a little person

like myself it was 2 clothing sizes!). I just explained honestly that I only eat

real food, and not too much of it, and watch sodium (still do), and that the

fact that I can't eat sugar, grains, or dairy makes it nearly impossible to

overeat.

And that's where I lose them, because the conversation inevitably grinds to a

halt with " But I could never give up ice cream! " (or bread, or pasta, or

chocolate).

So I try to set an example, but unfortunately, it's not one most are willing to

follow.

> > > >

> > > > > Hi Folks,

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It appears that I have to ask my doc to prescribe a weight loss drug

for me. I appreciate comments & information on these drugs from the members here

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Many thanks in advance.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Max, 62M

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Good for you! O am trying to be a force in my family. At family parties. Which we have often..... I joke. Y'all trying to kill me!!!!!If there is doubt I go raw. Sometimes I eat all the veggie tray as meal ;)I have made everyone realize what they are trying to feed me. They are getting better...To: hyperaldosteronism From: lowerbp2@...Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 13:51:21 -0500Subject: Re: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

Maybe you can be a change force in your office. If someone is bringing in unhealthy food items as a " gift " inform them that they will be thrown out-if you are in charge. If the food is being brought in by salespeople then tell them they are making a bad impression and you only expect healthy foods to be brought in. When I was running the Milwaukee Hypertension club which was funded by drug companies I insisted that we only held meetings in a place that could do a DASH MEAL or we have it catered with a DASH MENU. Heard some grumbles but eventually won them over. " if I am providing you a meal as part of the educational experience I am not going to force you to eat poison. You are free to add salt (poison) on your own. " At least 50% of those attending the sessions were on a BP MED OR HAD RHE DX of HTN. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jul 11, 2012, at 11:51, msmith_1928 <janeray1940@...> wrote:

I'm not talking about meals, I'm talking about FoodTV, food blogs, food magazines, and the American obsession with MORE, BIGGER, and CHEAPER equaling better.

My office is full of donuts, potlucks, happy hours, etc. - it's also full of obesity.

--- In hyperaldosteronism , Bingham <jlkbbk2003@...> wrote:

>

>

>

> Â

> Every civilized society centers their days around meals.

> Â

> --- On Wed, 7/11/12, msmith_1928 <janeray1940@...> wrote:

>

>

> From: msmith_1928 <janeray1940@...>

> Subject: Re: Weight Loss Drug?

> To: hyperaldosteronism

> Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 9:56 AM

>

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

> Dr G, I'm curious what your estimate as to a patient compliance rate with this advice would be.

>

> 1200 calories is about what I eat in a day, but I'm all of 5'2 " tall and weigh 111 pounds. When I see other people eat, for the most part any given MEAL is about the quantity of food I eat in a day! And then they have dessert and a sugary drink on top of that.

>

> I agree completely that controlling food intake (and not adding another drug to the cocktail!) is the way to go, I just wonder if it works for people who are addicted to food. I look around me and I can't imagine that it does - and I live in a city that is pretty obsessed with physical appearance.

>

> Trouble is, I also live in a society that is obsessed with food. And that seems to win every time.

>

> --- In hyperaldosteronism , Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@> wrote:

> >

> > Set your DASH cAlories to 1800. If that does not work drop to 1200 and the weight will melt away.

> >

> > Easier said than done.

> >

> >

> >

> > May your pressure be low!

> >

> > CE Grim MS, MD

> > Specializing in Difficult

> > Hypertension

> >

> > On Jul 10, 2012, at 20:48, MedStat <medstat@> wrote:

> >

> > > Hi Folks,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Max, 62M

> > >

> > >

> >

>