RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Intro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

thanks. I needed to hear that. It's not that important or worth risking the tx outcome. I'ts just hard during the holidays to abstain... and sometimes I feel left out when coworkers go out after work and at parties. I miss my life before all of this.Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: NO ONE can say FOR SURE but do YOU REALLY WANT TO RISK IT? ESPECIALLY DURRING the first 12 weeks? Alcohol makes the virus replicate twice as fast, its like pouring lighter fluid on a fire,,, and your doc "could" stop

your treatment if he finds out that you are consuming ANY alcohol and it really CAN possibly affect your tx outcome.... Listen, tx is not forever,,, and IF YOU have any damage, even after tx the alcohol will cause further damage and stress to your liver,, is the alcohol ALL THAT IMPORTANT? I sure would NOT risk it ! but thats just my 2 cents!Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: About drinking... I quit drinking since I started tx 6 weeks ago. I was not a big drinker- no problems- just enjoyed coctails with friends on the weekends, and would order a glass of wine at dinner, etc. I was just wondering, if I went to a party and drank 2 glasses of wine, will I be doomed for failure on tx? I know it's a no-no to drink... I just wanted to know what would happen?norah2386

<norah2386 > wrote: Welcome to the groupBest place for support...Drinking- I'm not a big drinker either... actually haven't drank in alomost 5 years... Sadly when I found that I have HCV (10 years ago) I went out and still drank knowing it was bad but I was going through dealing with it...Dumb move but again I am not a drinker at all. :-)Sparkling Cider and Grape juice is fine with me...LOL > >> > Hi Sue,> > > > Thanks for the nice welcome. > > > > I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol > experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was sick > for several

days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't had > an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was > present at that time.... probably!> > > > I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate with > very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out about > this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage > that it'll be minimal or none at all.> > > > I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress > and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work outside > of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this disease > is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing here > at home on occasion and those tasks can be done at my convenience -> this is good, too.> > > > I'll be paying very close

attention to all posts within the group! > I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here. > > > > Thanks again,> > > > -Laurie> > > > Re: Intro> > > > > > > Hi Laurie!> > > > > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right > where> > > you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I will > tell> > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you a> > > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your

area.> > > > > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, > etc.! And> > > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, > inhale,> > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.> > > > > > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you MUST> > > become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised if, > at> > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms and > the> > > disease than your own doctor.> > > > > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help more > than> > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through your> > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax you, it> > > actually massages and stimulates

the liver!> > > > > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens the> > > immune system and that is something you don't need!> > > > > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in this> > > group who have been there, done that. No question is too small or > big,> > > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!> > > > > > God Bless You,> > > > >> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Jackie

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

Guest guest

thanks. I needed to hear that. It's not that important or worth risking the tx outcome. I'ts just hard during the holidays to abstain... and sometimes I feel left out when coworkers go out after work and at parties. I miss my life before all of this.Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: NO ONE can say FOR SURE but do YOU REALLY WANT TO RISK IT? ESPECIALLY DURRING the first 12 weeks? Alcohol makes the virus replicate twice as fast, its like pouring lighter fluid on a fire,,, and your doc "could" stop

your treatment if he finds out that you are consuming ANY alcohol and it really CAN possibly affect your tx outcome.... Listen, tx is not forever,,, and IF YOU have any damage, even after tx the alcohol will cause further damage and stress to your liver,, is the alcohol ALL THAT IMPORTANT? I sure would NOT risk it ! but thats just my 2 cents!Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: About drinking... I quit drinking since I started tx 6 weeks ago. I was not a big drinker- no problems- just enjoyed coctails with friends on the weekends, and would order a glass of wine at dinner, etc. I was just wondering, if I went to a party and drank 2 glasses of wine, will I be doomed for failure on tx? I know it's a no-no to drink... I just wanted to know what would happen?norah2386

<norah2386 > wrote: Welcome to the groupBest place for support...Drinking- I'm not a big drinker either... actually haven't drank in alomost 5 years... Sadly when I found that I have HCV (10 years ago) I went out and still drank knowing it was bad but I was going through dealing with it...Dumb move but again I am not a drinker at all. :-)Sparkling Cider and Grape juice is fine with me...LOL > >> > Hi Sue,> > > > Thanks for the nice welcome. > > > > I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol > experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was sick > for several

days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't had > an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was > present at that time.... probably!> > > > I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate with > very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out about > this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage > that it'll be minimal or none at all.> > > > I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress > and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work outside > of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this disease > is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing here > at home on occasion and those tasks can be done at my convenience -> this is good, too.> > > > I'll be paying very close

attention to all posts within the group! > I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here. > > > > Thanks again,> > > > -Laurie> > > > Re: Intro> > > > > > > Hi Laurie!> > > > > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right > where> > > you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I will > tell> > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you a> > > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your

area.> > > > > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, > etc.! And> > > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, > inhale,> > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.> > > > > > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you MUST> > > become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised if, > at> > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms and > the> > > disease than your own doctor.> > > > > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help more > than> > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through your> > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax you, it> > > actually massages and stimulates

the liver!> > > > > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens the> > > immune system and that is something you don't need!> > > > > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in this> > > group who have been there, done that. No question is too small or > big,> > > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!> > > > > > God Bless You,> > > > >> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Jackie

Guest guest

Like I said in a earlier email. There are many non alcoholic drinks that can help you get through the holiday cheer and parties. One of my favorites: A not a Rita!! Make it the same way as a margarita leave out the Tequila. Not a Coloda-Same as a Pina Colada without the Rum. Yummy. I have order these at Clubs, and recieved them for FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I just had to be a DD(designated Driver). Non-Alcoholic Welchs wines are good. Made with Grape juice or Apple juice and they are fizzy like Champange. O'douls, Coors and Budwiser has non alcoholic beer. I will post some non alcoholic recipes for the holiday so that you can cheer healthy. Love JanetKerri Landress <kerrilandress@...> wrote: thanks. I needed to hear that. It's not that important or worth risking the tx outcome. I'ts just hard during the holidays to abstain... and sometimes I feel left out when coworkers go out after work and at parties. I miss my life before all of this.Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: NO ONE

can say FOR SURE but do YOU REALLY WANT TO RISK IT? ESPECIALLY DURRING the first 12 weeks? Alcohol makes the virus replicate twice as fast, its like pouring lighter fluid on a fire,,, and your doc "could" stop your treatment if he finds out that you are consuming ANY alcohol and it really CAN possibly affect your tx outcome.... Listen, tx is not forever,,, and IF YOU have any damage, even after tx the alcohol will cause further damage and stress to your liver,, is the alcohol ALL THAT IMPORTANT? I sure would NOT risk it ! but thats just my 2 cents!Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: About drinking... I quit drinking since I started tx 6 weeks ago. I was not a big drinker- no problems- just enjoyed coctails with friends on the weekends, and would order a glass of wine at

dinner, etc. I was just wondering, if I went to a party and drank 2 glasses of wine, will I be doomed for failure on tx? I know it's a no-no to drink... I just wanted to know what would happen?norah2386 <norah2386 > wrote: Welcome to the groupBest place for support...Drinking- I'm not a big drinker either... actually haven't drank in alomost 5 years... Sadly when I found that I have HCV (10 years ago) I went out and still drank knowing it was bad but I was going through dealing with it...Dumb move but again I am not a drinker at all. :-)Sparkling Cider and Grape juice is fine with me...LOL > >> > Hi Sue,> >

> > Thanks for the nice welcome. > > > > I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol > experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was sick > for several days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't had > an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was > present at that time.... probably!> > > > I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate with > very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out about > this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage > that it'll be minimal or none at all.> > > > I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress > and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work outside > of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this disease > is

concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing here > at home on occasion and those tasks can be done at my convenience -> this is good, too.> > > > I'll be paying very close attention to all posts within the group! > I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here. > > > > Thanks again,> > > > -Laurie> > > > Re: Intro> > > > > > > Hi Laurie!> > > > > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right > where> > > you are just 3 months

ago - shocked, scared and confused. I will > tell> > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you a> > > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your area.> > > > > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, > etc.! And> > > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, > inhale,> > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.> > > > > > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you MUST> > > become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised if, > at> > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms and > the> > > disease than your own doctor.> > > > > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help more >

than> > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through your> > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax you, it> > > actually massages and stimulates the liver!> > > > > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens the> > > immune system and that is something you don't need!> > > > > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in this> > > group who have been there, done that. No question is too small or > big,> > > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!> > > > > > God Bless You,> > > > >> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Jackie Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Take the ordinary things

of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile

Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Guest guest

No problem! That is what we are all here for, to support and help one another. She does still have her times where we have to "remind" her of what she is doing/not doing and that she regresses but each time it is easier to bring her back on track. She also takes her punishments (usually taking away computer time which is her "obession of choice" right now, she reads anime comics and watches the cartoons themselves on You tube for HOURSSSSSSS! lol) Although I have found that one to two days of "punishment" for her is like a week or two to an NT child and if I go longer than that, she honestly does not remember what she did so she turns it on me, "you are just mean or this is your fault etc" so I stick with MUCH shorter times than with my NT daughter and nieces etc. It does seem to have the same affect though. good luck and God bless! DeeDee & Godfrey <wmgodfrey@...> wrote: Hi, thanks! Lots of good ideas in there that we will be trying!! Glad it's working for you!! -- RE: Intro My dd's therapist has been working with her since May and I have seen a WORLD of difference in agression to her younger brother and meltdowns around home and/or directed at me. What has done with her is when she is fairly calm (she hates "therapy" so is usually a little "in a mood" when it is going on) is ask her how she knows she is getting mad, are there physical signs, certain things she thinks or does..... Pretty down to the little details, then she said ok, now you know how to tell when you are getting close to melting down or so angry you are going to be violent, what can you do to

NOT get that way. Of course the answers started with "everyone should just leave me alone", everyone should just do what I want etc but she kept at her and they finally worked out some things she could do and signals to me so I would know when she was not just running off to her room or taking off instead of walking outside for a few minutes etc, these are what she is to do avoid getting too angry or melting down. I am sure they would vary from child to child, what they find relaxing/soothing to calm down and get hold of what they are feeling and why. OH, that is another large part of it, she asked her to try to identify WHY she was mad, was it me or her sister or brother or some frustration carrying over from school etc? That helps because then if she is calm and identifies the source of her frustration/anger and it is not us, she can talk to me about it and we can decide what to do etc and if it is something we are doing, well is it something that it is reasonable

to expect us to change or something she has to accept? I really have seen a different girl since this started to work. We still have episodes and issues as anyone does but I feel they are more "typical" teenage things than the AS and I can take that! I am not sure how well I explained this, if anyone has any questions, you can email me off list and I will try to be clearer. Also remember this was not an overnight thing, I think it took a couple months to sink in and we still have to remind her sometimes. I guess it is basically giving her a different set of "acceptable" behaviors to substitute for the inappropriate ones and we all know that it takes time to get those reactions changed from habit~ Good luck and God bless! DeeDee & Godfrey <wmgodfreysasktel (DOT) net> wrote: We are trying to handle this by catching the meltdown before it starts but of course, this is sometimes impossible. We are fortunate that is an unathletic 9 year apart. Not sure if this is due to our visits with her or maybe that he is getting older and able to handle things. Maybe a combination of both. It must be tough with your kids being younger. didn't display too much aggression against his brother until he was about 5 or 6 which is when we started getting him tested, thinking he had some anger problems. Had never heard of aspergers but boy, we've learned a lot!! Estevan, Saskatchewan Canada -------Original

Message------- From: English Date: 11/19/06 16:50:25 & Godfrey <wmgodfreysasktel (DOT) net> wrote: My AS 9 year old sometimes goes after his 12 year old NT brother and we really thought he had a hate on for him but we are realizing that is not the case. He loves his brother but ... he tends to keep everything inside all day at school, rarely showing any emotions. Big brother has become a sort of

target at home for to release all the tensions, frustrations etc brought on by school or whatever is going on. We are trying to work on these frustrations to get them out before a meltdown occurs. Then big brother is safe!! When doesn't have the frustrations he and his brother play togeth really great! It's like night and day, really, the way they can be best friends one minute, and the next, is going after him in a very fierce way! Hopefully we will be able to teach him better ways to handle the frustrations. It is very hard on big brother as he never knows if they are best friends or if he's a target. Estevan, Saskatchewan Canada -------Original Message------- From: d corbin Date: 11/16/06 12:42:04 Autism and Aspergers Treatment I have a 13 yro asd son, and he cannot for the life of him, understand my 5 yro nt daughter! He didnt experience a lot of the things that she has, like issues with friends, or trying to fit in at Kindegarten. I thought I was alone ! Crystal MNCharlotte <scottdesignsadelphia (DOT) net> wrote: My 13 year old AS son HATES my 5 year old nt daughter! And I mean HATES her! It is hard and it is constant fighting. I can’t imagine if there were 2 more younger than her what he would do. Doesn’t the state provide any respite money given fo children? Which state are you in, I may have some additional resources for you. Feel free to e if you feel more comfortable. Thanks for allowing me to join this community. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Peace, Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster. Sponsored LinkDon't quit your job - take classes online and Everyone is raving about the all-new beta. Do I like my coffee

black? Are there any other colours? ~Author Unknown

Guest guest

I agree. The minute I found out I had hep c, I swore off alcohol

completely, and probably forever. It's not worth it, and it was easy

for me because it was a matter of life or death. I know it's not easy

for all, I am a daughter of an alcoholic so I have seen the heartache

firsthand, so for those who have trouble giving it up, GET HELP. A

friend of mine called me yesterday (she knows I have hep) and

asked, " how did you just quit drinking? I can't just stop. " . So I told

her that she needs to get herself some help and that's just what she

did today.

-- In Hepatitis C , Jackie on

<redjaxjm@...> wrote:

>

> NO ONE can say FOR SURE but do YOU REALLY WANT TO RISK IT?

ESPECIALLY DURRING the first 12 weeks? Alcohol makes the virus

replicate twice as fast, its like pouring lighter fluid on a fire,,,

and your doc " could " stop your treatment if he finds out that you are

consuming ANY alcohol and it really CAN possibly affect your tx

outcome....

> Listen, tx is not forever,,, and IF YOU have any damage, even

after tx the alcohol will cause further damage and stress to your

liver,, is the alcohol ALL THAT IMPORTANT? I sure would NOT risk it !

but thats just my 2 cents!

>

> Kerri Landress <kerrilandress@...> wrote:

> About drinking... I quit drinking since I started tx 6

weeks ago. I was not a big drinker- no problems- just enjoyed coctails

with friends on the weekends, and would order a glass of wine at

dinner, etc. I was just wondering, if I went to a party and drank 2

glasses of wine, will I be doomed for failure on tx? I know it's a

no-no to drink... I just wanted to know what would happen?

>

> norah2386 <norah2386@...> wrote: Welcome to the group

>

> Best place for support...

>

> Drinking- I'm not a big drinker either... actually haven't drank in

> alomost 5 years... Sadly when I found that I have HCV (10 years ago)

> I went out and still drank knowing it was bad but I was going

> through dealing with it...Dumb move but again I am not a drinker at

> all.

>

> :-)

>

> Sparkling Cider and Grape juice is fine with me...LOL

>

>

> > >

> > > Hi Sue,

> > >

> > > Thanks for the nice welcome.

> > >

> > > I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol

> > experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was

> sick

> > for several days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't

> had

> > an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was

> > present at that time.... probably!

> > >

> > > I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate

> with

> > very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out

> about

> > this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage

> > that it'll be minimal or none at all.

> > >

> > > I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress

> > and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work

> outside

> > of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this

> disease

> > is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing

> here

> > at home on occasion and those tasks can be done at my convenience -

>

> > this is good, too.

> > >

> > > I'll be paying very close attention to all posts within the

> group!

> > I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here.

> > >

> > > Thanks again,

> > >

> > > -Laurie

> > >

> > > Re: Intro

> > >

> > >

> > > > Hi Laurie!

> > > >

> > > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right

> > where

> > > > you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I

> will

> > tell

> > > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you

> a

> > > > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your

> area.

> > > >

> > > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil,

> > etc.! And

> > > > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume,

> > inhale,

> > > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.

> > > >

> > > > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you

> MUST

> > > > become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised

> if,

> > at

> > > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms

> and

> > the

> > > > disease than your own doctor.

> > > >

> > > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help

> more

> > than

> > > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through

> your

> > > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax

> you, it

> > > > actually massages and stimulates the liver!

> > > >

> > > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens

> the

> > > > immune system and that is something you don't need!

> > > >

> > > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in

> this

> > > > group who have been there, done that. No question is too small

> or

> > big,

> > > > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!

> > > >

> > > > God Bless You,

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

>

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

Guest guest

Kerri, I understand what you are saying, and when I first joined the

group I had the same comments. I was wisely advised, maybe by Liz or

Janet, to have my drink in a pretty glass like everyone else, and here

is what I do now:

Have sparkling water in a wine glass with a lime. Or last weekend, at

the Beach Bar (complete with sand) on the roof of the W Hotel in San

Diego, I asked the bartender to make me a virgin mojoito: just replace

the rum with soda water and it tastes the same! You have a pretty

drink in your hand, everyone around you gets drunk, and you get to be

amused by them. In the morning, you feel great and the others look and

feel like hell.

If you like the ritual of drinking, like me, this does the trick.

> > >

> > > Hi Sue,

> > >

> > > Thanks for the nice welcome.

> > >

> > > I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol

> > experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was

> sick

> > for several days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't

> had

> > an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was

> > present at that time.... probably!

> > >

> > > I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate

> with

> > very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out

> about

> > this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage

> > that it'll be minimal or none at all.

> > >

> > > I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress

> > and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work

> outside

> > of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this

> disease

> > is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing

> here

> > at home on occasion and those tasks can be done at my convenience -

>

> > this is good, too.

> > >

> > > I'll be paying very close attention to all posts within the

> group!

> > I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here.

> > >

> > > Thanks again,

> > >

> > > -Laurie

> > >

> > > Re: Intro

> > >

> > >

> > > > Hi Laurie!

> > > >

> > > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right

> > where

> > > > you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I

> will

> > tell

> > > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you

> a

> > > > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your

> area.

> > > >

> > > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil,

> > etc.! And

> > > > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume,

> > inhale,

> > > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.

> > > >

> > > > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you

> MUST

> > > > become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised

> if,

> > at

> > > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms

> and

> > the

> > > > disease than your own doctor.

> > > >

> > > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help

> more

> > than

> > > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through

> your

> > > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax

> you, it

> > > > actually massages and stimulates the liver!

> > > >

> > > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens

> the

> > > > immune system and that is something you don't need!

> > > >

> > > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in

> this

> > > > group who have been there, done that. No question is too small

> or

> > big,

> > > > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!

> > > >

> > > > God Bless You,

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I think it was Jackie,Liz and I. Hee Hee Hmmm a virgin Mojoito sounds great. I might try one. I just love them frilly got to have a gimmick drinks, I don't need no stinkin' alcohol just those frilly little umbrellas. I live for them little umbrellas. LOL Oh I must get busy and go to food netwook and get some recipes for non alcoholic drinks for the group because it is the holiday season. It is upon us, and parties are happening. I have new shoes, a new dress and ready for the squardon Christmas party. It is a fancy dress affair. And I have the fancy shoes for it. They are Cinderella shoes!!!!!!!! Love Janet

<marvindamartian05@...> wrote: Kerri, I understand what you are saying, and when I first joined thegroup I had the same comments. I was wisely advised, maybe by Liz orJanet, to have my drink in a pretty glass like everyone else, and hereis what I do now:Have sparkling water in a wine glass with a lime. Or last weekend, atthe Beach Bar (complete with sand) on the roof of the W Hotel in SanDiego, I asked the bartender to make me a virgin mojoito: just replacethe rum with soda water and it tastes the

same! You have a prettydrink in your hand, everyone around you gets drunk, and you get to beamused by them. In the morning, you feel great and the others look andfeel like hell.If you like the ritual of drinking, like me, this does the trick.> > >> > > Hi Sue,> > > > > > Thanks for the nice welcome. > > > > > > I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol > > experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was > sick

> > for several days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't > had > > an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was > > present at that time.... probably!> > > > > > I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate > with > > very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out > about > > this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage > > that it'll be minimal or none at all.> > > > > > I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress > > and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work > outside > > of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this > disease > > is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing > here > > at home on occasion and those tasks

can be done at my convenience -> > > this is good, too.> > > > > > I'll be paying very close attention to all posts within the > group! > > I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here. > > > > > > Thanks again,> > > > > > -Laurie> > > > > > Re: Intro> > > > > > > > > > Hi Laurie!> > > > > > > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right > > where> > > > you are just 3 months

ago - shocked, scared and confused. I > will > > tell> > > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you > a> > > > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your > area.> > > > > > > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, > > etc.! And> > > > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, > > inhale,> > > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.> > > > > > > > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you > MUST> > > > become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised > if, > > at> > > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms > and > > the> > > > disease than your own doctor.> >

> > > > > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help > more > > than> > > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through > your> > > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax > you, it> > > > actually massages and stimulates the liver!> > > > > > > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens > the> > > > immune system and that is something you don't need!> > > > > > > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in > this> > > > group who have been there, done that. No question is too small > or > > big,> > > > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!> > > > > > > > God Bless You,> > >

> > > >> >> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. > > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > ---------------------------------> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.>Take the ordinary things

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

Guest guest

I think it was Jackie,Liz and I. Hee Hee Hmmm a virgin Mojoito sounds great. I might try one. I just love them frilly got to have a gimmick drinks, I don't need no stinkin' alcohol just those frilly little umbrellas. I live for them little umbrellas. LOL Oh I must get busy and go to food netwook and get some recipes for non alcoholic drinks for the group because it is the holiday season. It is upon us, and parties are happening. I have new shoes, a new dress and ready for the squardon Christmas party. It is a fancy dress affair. And I have the fancy shoes for it. They are Cinderella shoes!!!!!!!! Love Janet

<marvindamartian05@...> wrote: Kerri, I understand what you are saying, and when I first joined thegroup I had the same comments. I was wisely advised, maybe by Liz orJanet, to have my drink in a pretty glass like everyone else, and hereis what I do now:Have sparkling water in a wine glass with a lime. Or last weekend, atthe Beach Bar (complete with sand) on the roof of the W Hotel in SanDiego, I asked the bartender to make me a virgin mojoito: just replacethe rum with soda water and it tastes the

same! You have a prettydrink in your hand, everyone around you gets drunk, and you get to beamused by them. In the morning, you feel great and the others look andfeel like hell.If you like the ritual of drinking, like me, this does the trick.> > >> > > Hi Sue,> > > > > > Thanks for the nice welcome. > > > > > > I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol > > experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was > sick

> > for several days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't > had > > an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was > > present at that time.... probably!> > > > > > I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate > with > > very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out > about > > this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage > > that it'll be minimal or none at all.> > > > > > I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress > > and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work > outside > > of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this > disease > > is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing > here > > at home on occasion and those tasks

can be done at my convenience -> > > this is good, too.> > > > > > I'll be paying very close attention to all posts within the > group! > > I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here. > > > > > > Thanks again,> > > > > > -Laurie> > > > > > Re: Intro> > > > > > > > > > Hi Laurie!> > > > > > > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right > > where> > > > you are just 3 months

ago - shocked, scared and confused. I > will > > tell> > > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you > a> > > > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your > area.> > > > > > > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, > > etc.! And> > > > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, > > inhale,> > > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.> > > > > > > > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you > MUST> > > > become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised > if, > > at> > > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms > and > > the> > > > disease than your own doctor.> >

> > > > > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help > more > > than> > > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through > your> > > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax > you, it> > > > actually massages and stimulates the liver!> > > > > > > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens > the> > > > immune system and that is something you don't need!> > > > > > > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in > this> > > > group who have been there, done that. No question is too small > or > > big,> > > > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!> > > > > > > > God Bless You,> > >

> > > >> >> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. > > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > ---------------------------------> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.>Take the ordinary things

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

Guest guest

NON alcoholic Margarita: Mix One can of frozen "limeaid" with ONE bottle of Non-alcoholic beer in a blender and pour into salted margarita glasses and have a taste! I NEVER thought that this combination would taste like anything but terrible but its amazing, its JUST LIKE A REAL margarita!!! Use the Large can of limeaid frozen and dont mix water in, just the bottle of non beer!Janet <doc_jade@...> wrote: Like I said in a earlier email. There are many non

alcoholic drinks that can help you get through the holiday cheer and parties. One of my favorites: A not a Rita!! Make it the same way as a margarita leave out the Tequila. Not a Coloda-Same as a Pina Colada without the Rum. Yummy. I have order these at Clubs, and recieved them for FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I just had to be a DD(designated Driver). Non-Alcoholic Welchs wines are good. Made with Grape juice or Apple juice and they are fizzy like Champange. O'douls, Coors and Budwiser has non alcoholic beer. I will post some non alcoholic recipes for the holiday so that you can cheer healthy. Love JanetKerri Landress

<kerrilandress > wrote: thanks. I needed to hear that. It's not that important or worth risking the tx outcome. I'ts just hard during the holidays to abstain... and sometimes I feel left out when coworkers go out after work and at parties. I miss my life before all of this.Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: NO ONE can say FOR SURE but do YOU REALLY WANT TO RISK IT? ESPECIALLY DURRING the first 12 weeks? Alcohol makes the virus replicate twice as fast, its like pouring lighter fluid on a fire,,, and your doc "could" stop your treatment if he finds out that you are consuming ANY alcohol and it really CAN possibly affect your tx outcome.... Listen, tx is not forever,,, and IF YOU have any damage, even after tx the alcohol will cause further damage and stress to your liver,, is the alcohol ALL THAT IMPORTANT? I sure would NOT risk it ! but thats just my 2 cents!Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: About drinking... I quit drinking since I started tx 6 weeks ago. I was not a big drinker- no problems- just enjoyed coctails with friends on the weekends, and would order a glass of wine at dinner, etc. I was just wondering, if I went to a party and drank 2 glasses of wine, will I be doomed for failure on tx? I know it's a no-no to drink... I just wanted to know what would happen?norah2386 <norah2386 > wrote: Welcome to the groupBest place for support...Drinking- I'm not a big drinker either... actually haven't drank in alomost 5 years... Sadly when I found that I have HCV (10 years ago) I went out and still drank knowing it was bad but I was going through dealing with it...Dumb move but again I am not a drinker at all. :-)Sparkling Cider and Grape juice is fine with me...LOL > >> > Hi Sue,> > > > Thanks for the nice welcome. > > > > I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol > experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was sick > for several days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't had > an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was

> present at that time.... probably!> > > > I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate with > very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out about > this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage > that it'll be minimal or none at all.> > > > I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress > and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work outside > of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this disease > is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing here > at home on occasion and those tasks can be done at my convenience -> this is good, too.> > > > I'll be paying very close attention to all posts within the group! > I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here. > > > > Thanks

again,> > > > -Laurie> > > > Re: Intro> > > > > > > Hi Laurie!> > > > > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right > where> > > you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I will > tell> > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you a> > > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your area.> > > > > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, > etc.! And> > >

start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, > inhale,> > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.> > > > > > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you MUST> > > become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised if, > at> > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms and > the> > > disease than your own doctor.> > > > > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help more > than> > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through your> > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax you, it> > > actually massages and stimulates the liver!> > > > > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens the> > > immune

system and that is something you don't need!> > > > > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in this> > > group who have been there, done that. No question is too small or > big,> > > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!> > > > > > God Bless You,> > > > >> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Jackie Access over 1 million songs - Music

Unlimited. Take the ordinary things of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster. Jackie

Guest guest

Alcahol creates an environment that the hepatitis c virus just loves ....hence it replicates faster

Re: Intro> > > > > > > Hi Laurie!> > > > > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right > where> > > you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I will > tell> > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you a> > > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your area.> > > > > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, > etc.! And> > > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, > inhale,> > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.> > > > > > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you MUST> > > become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised if, > at> > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms and > the> > > disease than your own doctor.> > > > > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help more > than> > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through your> > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax you, it> > > actually massages and stimulates the liver!> > > > > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens the> > > immune system and that is something you don't need!> > > > > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in this> > > group who have been there, done that. No question is too small or > big,> > > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!> > > > > > God Bless You,> > > > >>

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Jackie Take the ordinary things of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile

Guest guest

Thanks for your replies. I try not to get wrapped up in self pity... like poor me, I have a sick liver and can't have any alcohol like everyone else. Your right, I need to remember it's not the drinking I miss as much as the ritual of getting dressed up, going out and socializing. The truth is, my energy level is so low, I don't even feel like doing any socializing. I go to work everyday, and when I get home... I just want to rest. I guess that's part of the problem. I feel lazy, boring... once again I'll say, I just miss my life before all of this happened. Janet <doc_jade@...> wrote: I think it was Jackie,Liz and I. Hee Hee Hmmm a virgin Mojoito sounds great. I might try one. I just love them frilly got to have a gimmick drinks, I don't need no stinkin' alcohol just those frilly little umbrellas. I live for them little umbrellas. LOL Oh I must get busy and go to food netwook and get some recipes for non alcoholic drinks for the group because it is the holiday season. It is upon us, and parties are happening. I have new shoes, a new dress and ready for the squardon Christmas party. It is a fancy dress affair. And I have the fancy shoes for it. They are Cinderella

shoes!!!!!!!! Love Janet <marvindamartian05 > wrote: Kerri, I understand what you are saying, and when I first joined thegroup I had the same comments. I was wisely advised, maybe by Liz orJanet, to have my drink in a pretty glass like everyone else, and hereis what I do now:Have sparkling water in a wine glass with a lime. Or last weekend, atthe Beach Bar (complete with sand) on the roof of the W Hotel in SanDiego, I asked the bartender to make me a virgin mojoito: just replacethe rum with soda water and it tastes the same! You have a prettydrink in your hand, everyone around you gets drunk, and you get to beamused by them. In the morning, you feel great and the others look andfeel like

hell.If you like the ritual of drinking, like me, this does the trick.> > >> > > Hi Sue,> > > > > > Thanks for the nice welcome. > > > > > > I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol > > experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was > sick > > for several days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't > had > > an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was > > present at

that time.... probably!> > > > > > I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate > with > > very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out > about > > this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage > > that it'll be minimal or none at all.> > > > > > I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress > > and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work > outside > > of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this > disease > > is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing > here > > at home on occasion and those tasks can be done at my convenience -> > > this is good, too.> > > > > > I'll be paying very close attention to all posts within the > group! >

> I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here. > > > > > > Thanks again,> > > > > > -Laurie> > > > > > Re: Intro> > > > > > > > > > Hi Laurie!> > > > > > > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right > > where> > > > you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I > will > > tell> > > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you > a> > > >

lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your > area.> > > > > > > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, > > etc.! And> > > > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, > > inhale,> > > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.> > > > > > > > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you > MUST> > > > become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised > if, > > at> > > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms > and > > the> > > > disease than your own doctor.> > > > > > > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help > more > > than> > > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really

breathe, in through > your> > > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax > you, it> > > > actually massages and stimulates the liver!> > > > > > > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens > the> > > > immune system and that is something you don't need!> > > > > > > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in > this> > > > group who have been there, done that. No question is too small > or > > big,> > > > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!> > > > > > > > God Bless You,> > > > > > >> >> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Access over 1 million songs -

Music Unlimited. > > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > ---------------------------------> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.>Take the ordinary things of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Guest guest

Me too Kerri, But ya know I decided a while ago to just say the heck with it. I am gonna go for all the gusto I can get. When I get fatiqued anymore, I push a little harder. Because for about 5 years I gave into this disease, let it control my life, my way of thinking. And about a year ago I said to my self (yes I talk to myself-I find the conversations very intelligent. Ha Ha) but I said "Self are you going to curl up and die? And of course myself said "Heck No big Momma, we are going to go sky diving, rocky mountain climbing , Go 2.2 seconds on a bull name Fu Manchu. " And my life has been very happy I must say. I just put one foot in front of the other and go for it. So get your hiney in a fancy dress or some cute jeans. Put on them

spiked heels and go for it. Because we don't get a second chance at life, this is the one we got and make it great. Love JanetKerri Landress <kerrilandress@...> wrote: Thanks for your replies. I try not to get wrapped up in self pity... like poor me, I have a sick liver and can't have any alcohol like everyone else. Your right, I need to remember it's not the drinking I miss as much as the ritual of

getting dressed up, going out and socializing. The truth is, my energy level is so low, I don't even feel like doing any socializing. I go to work everyday, and when I get home... I just want to rest. I guess that's part of the problem. I feel lazy, boring... once again I'll say, I just miss my life before all of this happened. Janet <doc_jade > wrote: I think it was Jackie,Liz and I. Hee Hee Hmmm a virgin Mojoito sounds great. I might try one. I just love them frilly got to have a gimmick drinks, I don't need no stinkin' alcohol just those frilly little umbrellas. I live for them little umbrellas. LOL Oh I must get busy and go to food netwook and get some

recipes for non alcoholic drinks for the group because it is the holiday season. It is upon us, and parties are happening. I have new shoes, a new dress and ready for the squardon Christmas party. It is a fancy dress affair. And I have the fancy shoes for it. They are Cinderella shoes!!!!!!!! Love Janet <marvindamartian05 > wrote: Kerri, I understand what you are saying, and when I first joined thegroup I had the same comments. I was wisely advised, maybe by Liz orJanet, to have my drink in a pretty glass like everyone else, and hereis what I do now:Have sparkling water in a wine glass

with a lime. Or last weekend, atthe Beach Bar (complete with sand) on the roof of the W Hotel in SanDiego, I asked the bartender to make me a virgin mojoito: just replacethe rum with soda water and it tastes the same! You have a prettydrink in your hand, everyone around you gets drunk, and you get to beamused by them. In the morning, you feel great and the others look andfeel like hell.If you like the ritual of drinking, like me, this does the trick.> > >> > > Hi Sue,> > >

> > > Thanks for the nice welcome. > > > > > > I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol > > experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was > sick > > for several days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't > had > > an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was > > present at that time.... probably!> > > > > > I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate > with > > very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out > about > > this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage > > that it'll be minimal or none at all.> > > > > > I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress > > and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work > outside

> > of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this > disease > > is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing > here > > at home on occasion and those tasks can be done at my convenience -> > > this is good, too.> > > > > > I'll be paying very close attention to all posts within the > group! > > I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here. > > > > > > Thanks again,> > > > > > -Laurie> > > > > > Re: Intro>

> > > > > > > > > Hi Laurie!> > > > > > > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right > > where> > > > you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I > will > > tell> > > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you > a> > > > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your > area.> > > > > > > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, > > etc.! And> > > > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, > > inhale,> > > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.> > > > > > > > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you > MUST> > > > become your own advocate for

your health. Don't be surprised > if, > > at> > > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms > and > > the> > > > disease than your own doctor.> > > > > > > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help > more > > than> > > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through > your> > > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax > you, it> > > > actually massages and stimulates the liver!> > > > > > > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens > the> > > > immune system and that is something you don't need!> > > > > > > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in > this> > > > group who

have been there, done that. No question is too small > or > > big,> > > > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!> > > > > > > > God Bless You,> > > > > > >> >> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. > > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > ---------------------------------> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.>Take the ordinary things of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business. Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster. Take the ordinary things

of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Wow, you're going to have a lot of jealous parents here...a hugging

principal?

Theresa Mesa

Mesa Design House

http://mesadesignhouse.com

909-335-9710

Hours: By appointment only

On Nov 30, 2006, at 10:21 AM, DJ wrote:

> Hi, my name is Devin (or DJ) I have three children, Braiden is 7 and

> has severe ADHD and was just diagnosed with Aspergers. Jordan is 5,

> and she is my " normal " child (if there is such a thing anymore) and

> Sierra-Grace is 4 and was Failure to Thrive. Both Braiden and Sierra

> have been in sensory integration therepy for almost a year (Sierra

> just graduated last month! YEAH!!) Braiden has a long way to go yet.

> He is in 2nd grade at a Charter school that is AMAZING!!! I love his

> school and staff. At the beginning of the year he had several issues

> adjusting (he was previously homeschooled) and he got very upset and

> threw a chair at the teacher and principal. When I got that phone

> call I was sure he was going to be suspended or expelled. When I

> walked into the office the whole intervention team was waiting for me,

> and the principal gave me a hug and said " We never give up on a child.

> Tell us what we need to do to make this easier for him. " I was

> FLOORED! They have been wonderful and amazing.

> The Aspergers diagnosis is very recent, only 2 weeks ago, so I am

> still pretty clueless and here for as much advice as possible. Right

> now he is on Clonidine for his ADHD and omega oils to help his memory.

> He also has yoga classes once a week as well as sensory integration

> 2x a week and speech 1x a week through private practice. His school

> also has him set up daily with an OT. I'm not really sure what else

> to do. HELP please!!

> Thanks so much in advance!!

>

Guest guest

Hey DJ That is very close to what happened to me with Hope who just turned 6. They started a brushing protocol when I suggested it - PRIOR to any type of dx!!! She did kindergarten an hour a day - but is able to finish the entire day now with her aide. She even goes to the YMCA after school without her aide, they just have to watch her very carefully to make sure no one shares anything wheat with her! Jen (dx with add, subclinical bp and moderate to severe ocd) Mom to Max adhd/sid/ld 18, Molly as, bp ocd? and ptsd, saracait 10 severe adhd, poss bp, and Hope Autism, adhd DJ <djhamner@...> wrote: Hi, my name is Devin (or DJ) I have three children, Braiden is 7 andhas severe ADHD and was just diagnosed with Aspergers. Jordan is 5,and she is my "normal" child (if there is such a thing anymore) andSierra-Grace is 4 and was Failure to Thrive. Both Braiden and Sierrahave been in sensory integration therepy for almost a year (Sierrajust graduated last month! YEAH!!) Braiden has a long way to go yet.He is in 2nd grade at a Charter school that is AMAZING!!! I love hisschool and staff. At the beginning of the year he had several issuesadjusting (he was previously homeschooled) and he got very upset andthrew a chair at the teacher and principal. When I got that phonecall I was sure he was going to be suspended or expelled. When Iwalked into the

office the whole intervention team was waiting for me,and the principal gave me a hug and said "We never give up on a child.Tell us what we need to do to make this easier for him." I wasFLOORED! They have been wonderful and amazing. The Aspergers diagnosis is very recent, only 2 weeks ago, so I amstill pretty clueless and here for as much advice as possible. Rightnow he is on Clonidine for his ADHD and omega oils to help his memory.He also has yoga classes once a week as well as sensory integration2x a week and speech 1x a week through private practice. His schoolalso has him set up daily with an OT. I'm not really sure what elseto do. HELP please!! Thanks so much in advance!!"I want to be part of the solution.

Not part of the agonizing, grinding, boring complacent problem..." Henry Rollins; From "I hate U2"

Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

Guest guest

Hi, have you checked mandimart.com for enzymes

Natasa

>

> Hi,

>

> I just joined this group a while ago and would like to introduce

myself. I have 2 kids (4 1/2 and almost 3) who are mild on the spectrum,

diagnosis SPD, although if we hadn't intervened, I think things would

have gotten worse. We started biomed intervention with both children a

little over a year ago and they are pretty stable now on a gfcfsfcf-low

phenol diet + hni enzymes + yeast protocol.

> In the middle of this whole process we moved from the US to Germany

last year in April. I and the kids moved in with my mother (I grew up

here), so I could stop working and dedicate my time to healing the kids.

In June we'll all be reunited again t.g. when my husband starts his new

job in Belgium, so as of that time we'll be living somewhere around

Leuven close to Brussels.

> Right now I'm mostly trying to keep the kids stable, until we have

more money for testing and supps, and planing the next steps. I'd really

like for them to get off the diet, but unfortunately enzymes haven't

helped us in that respect.

> I'm looking forward to hearing about good European resources for supps

from all of you. Right now, whenever I order HNI enzymes, I have to pick

them up from customs, pay extra taxes and if I get something new, it

takes 2 weeks for it to be checked by a pharmacist.

> If anybody lives in Germany or Belgium, I'd love to hear from you.

>

> Greetings,

>

>

Guest guest

> >

> > Hi,

> >

> > I just joined this group a while ago and would like to introduce

> myself. I have 2 kids (4 1/2 and almost 3) who are mild on the

spectrum,

> diagnosis SPD, although if we hadn't intervened, I think things

would

> have gotten worse. We started biomed intervention with both

children a

> little over a year ago and they are pretty stable now on a gfcfsfcf-

low

> phenol diet + hni enzymes + yeast protocol.

> > In the middle of this whole process we moved from the US to

Germany

> last year in April. I and the kids moved in with my mother (I grew

up

> here), so I could stop working and dedicate my time to healing the

kids.

> In June we'll all be reunited again t.g. when my husband starts his

new

> job in Belgium, so as of that time we'll be living somewhere around

> Leuven close to Brussels.

> > Right now I'm mostly trying to keep the kids stable, until we have

> more money for testing and supps, and planing the next steps. I'd

really

> like for them to get off the diet, but unfortunately enzymes haven't

> helped us in that respect.

> > I'm looking forward to hearing about good European resources for

supps

> from all of you. Right now, whenever I order HNI enzymes, I have to

pick

> them up from customs, pay extra taxes and if I get something new, it

> takes 2 weeks for it to be checked by a pharmacist.

> > If anybody lives in Germany or Belgium, I'd love to hear from you.

> >

> > Greetings,

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Welcome, . This is a great place to vent, where you can be

honest about what is causing you to need to vent. Everybody here has

similar experiences so they can empathize, relate, and understand.

It's hard for people who don't live this every day with their kids to

truly understand the sorrow and grief it causes families.

I have personally been through the hassle of trying to find a

qualified therapist who helps. I know others in here have too. It is

frustrating that there are so few out there who truly know what they

are doing with OCD. But, I continue to search and hope, because I

want my son to improve as much as he can, so he can hopefully live as

normal a life as possible for him.

I've been a Christian for many over 20 years. Living and dealing with

this disorder, as you watch your child suffer, is a faith buster or a

faith builder. For me it sometimes depends upon the severity of the

OCD and the frame of mind I'm in, as to whether I can weather it and

keep my faith. It is hard to understand why God would allow some to

suffer so. And I think it's natural to doubt if He is there or if

He's listening, when it continues. I had this very conversation with

a prayer group of mine the other night. I've done some real ranting

at God lately, but I suppose He is big enough to take it and understand.

I wish you the all the best as you continue to find a way to help your

daughter.

BJ

>

> Morning all:

>

> I just joined up. I have an 18 year old daughter who has been

diagnosed

> with OCD for several years. Her main symptoms are skin picking and

> inability to take a shower. The dermotillamania comes at night when

she

> starts thinking -obsessing - about things and cannot sleep. This

keeps her

> up for hours, and then, of course, makes getting through the next day

> miserable for lack of sleep. She's able to take a shower about once a

> week, but even then she has a fear that the house is burning (or

some other

> such emergency) and people are calling her and she can't hear them

over the

> running water - so she fantasizes she vaguely hears noises and

yells. She

> also has a hard time washing her body where she's picked -

shoulders, back,

> arms, neck.

>

> Her social contacts have shrunk and her outside activities have

dwindled.

> She has one boyfriend, the only person she feels " safe " with

socially (shame

> about her symtpoms and behavior). He's 15 and has troubles of his

own.

> He's relatively benign, but I can see that this is not a true source of

> support for her.

>

> My wife and I go share her heartbreak, and have lots of our own,

every day

> seeing this happen. Daughter is very bright - started out in a gifted

> magnet program in middle school - and super-aced the SATs, but

because of

> social isolation and scrupulosity (wouldn't work for a teacher she

couldn't

> " respect " ) her GPA is so-so. She's waiting to hear from colleges

right now,

> and I wouldn't be surprised if her top picks rejected her (they're

> competitive schools.) We've seen this kid with enormous potential

slide

> downward and are trying to just help her get through high school. I

have

> nightly conversations with God, angrily asking him how he (or she - or

> whoever) could visit such emotional nonsense on a perfectly innocent

young

> person. No response yet. I suppose it's a good sign I'm trying to

talk with

> him, but there are more days than not that I'm doubting the

existence of a

> supposedly benevolent being.

>

> We have serious concerns about her ability to live independently and

use

> decent judgement to get through the day, much less have a rewarding

career

> and life. I've got my fingers crossed that this will sort itself

out by

> next fall and she will have managed issues well enough to enter

college.

> We've seen that when she pushes herself (or we psuh her) and

accomplishes

> things she feels much better about herself and carries that esteem

with her

> for a few days, so we're praying that an accumulation of those

experiences

> and passing through adolesence another half-year will bode will for

the near

> future.

>

> She's been in treatment for over a year in an HMO system. Meds (paxil,

> serequol, trazadone) prescribed and monitored (about every 6-8

weeks) by

> shrink at one facility, counseling at another. Counselor states

she is

> doing CBT, but my wife and I don't see it happening, and think she

is just

> using some techniques she got in staff training. We've been reading

(Braing

> Lock, etc.) and what's happening doesn't look like what the books

say to get

> done. Counseling has not been regular and weekly - it's more like

three or

> four sessions in a row, or as can be scheduled, and see what

happens. It

> doesn't look like a treatment plan has been really implemented.

>

> I know this stuff because I use to be a mental health practitioner

(Master's

> level counseling in CA and WA and working with Day Treatment

patients, among

> other populations.) Mom and I think daughter is somewhat less than

truthful

> when talking to the counselor - she wants to believe things are

better than

> they are, and in her denial she's not screaming for help in the

session as

> her behavior does at home.

>

> It's difficult on a number of levels to give input to the counseling

process

> for her. She's 18, and if she's feeling beligerent then I am

unable to

> talk to the counselor in the session. Because this has been

explosive when

> it was done previously, I think the counselor perceives Mom and I as

> intrusive and controlling ( in fairness I probably might have, too,

if I

> were counseling a family such as this). Not saying we're blameless

- in

> fact part of my issue is that I am a firm believer in family systems

theory,

> and would LOVE to be called in regularly, and would feel much better

about

> counseling were they to include regular family counseling (the HMO's

" model "

> for mental health does not include family therapy.) Mom and I have

issues

> that I'm sure are part of this, but it's hard to figure that out.

We just

> want our kid to benefit more from this treatment than she is.

>

> It's enormously difficult, in fact, to tease out all the various

aspects of

> what's happening - parenting, young adult about to leave home,

> oppositionality, normal developmental stuff, OCD, depression - it's all

> swimming around in our home daily, and I'm not seeing much progress

through

> counseling. I received advice from a mental health buddy to ask for

> personality testing and a consultation, and I've got an appointment

to do

> this.

>

> Whew - didn't mean to inundate you all! I really meant just to

introduce

> myself. But I find that I'm starting to complain to friends about

" teen

> troubles " without being too specific, and I can see they think I'm just

> hypersensitive to normal teen issues. However, I felt I could vent a

bit

> here.

>

> Thanks

>

>

Guest guest

Hi, my son is age 18 too. This past year his OCD has seemed to

mainly be scrupulosity/religion related, bad thoughts.... He's at a

very hard time right now. He has finally agreed to talk with his

church's pastor about it. We have an appt with him this week. I

really hope that he has some understanding about this issue! Right

now I think I'll let my son speak with him alone first but I want to

speak with him alone too before we leave.

used to have mostly compulsions/rituals a few years ago.

This more " mental " type thing, plus involving his faith, seems soooo

much tougher!

Well, in my conversations with God, I mainly ask for His help getting

through & past this! Give him strength, etc. Right now,

's own faith isn't very strong or rather his relationship with

God. Sort of ironic, this is pushing him away which depresses him.

Just that he gets no joy out of it (or life lately).

School - yes, it's been affecting his schoolwork and ability to do

it. He's been straight A's pretty much all through high school (I

don't think he's made a B...).

I find myself getting a bit short-tempered/fed up lately, sigh! And

is getting a bit that way right back at me, LOL, and this is

a person with practically *no* temper! I'm an emotional sort of

person, his personality isn't so emotional. Interesting, in a way,

to see him finally show a temper.

also has a diagnosis of Aspergers Syndrome (on the autism

spectrum). Mild in a lot of ways. But socially it's affected him.

So no social life to lose over this (sadly!). Nicest person and

classmates and others are nice, but no friend to hang out with, etc.

College - well, will start out at our community college.

Plan to transfer later. He wants to get into medical research to do

with medicine. He's smart enough! Since he was in elementary school

he has said he wanted to be a scientist. (well, except the year or

so he thought he'd play soccer for a living; all my sons went thru

that phase though)

We live in a small community. No real OCD experience around here and

I worked at our local mental health agency (office assistant) for 10

years!

Well, wanted to say " hi " and you are definitely not alone! Hard to

keep from getting depressed myself! Gotta run!

P.S. Have you read about inositol powder? I think it can help with

skin picking for some people. For some it also helps with OCD. It's

known to help with trich (hair pulling) but I think the skin picking

also. Gotta go!

>

> Morning all:

>

diagnosed

> with OCD for several years. Her main symptoms are skin picking

and

> inability to take a shower. The dermotillamania comes at night

when she

keeps her

> up for hours, and then, of course, makes getting through the next

Guest guest

Hi , I empathise with you. I have an 8 year old daughter with

OCD who also skin picks. I have been studying psychology for 6 years.

Since the diagnosis of my daughter in November I have read most of

the books published on OCD, and now have a reasonably good knowledge

of this disorder. We live in Australia and there really aren't

many 'OCD specialists' here as such. My daughter's psychologist is

supposedly doing CBT with her but has not done any of the behavioural

content with her, nor does she intend to. Due to this I spoke to a

very prominent OCD psychologist in New York and he recommended I do

the ERP with her at home. He recommended a book called OCD in

Children and Adolescents - A Cognitive-Behavioural Treatment Manual,

written by S. March & Mulle. The book is brilliant and

goes throught a treatment plan broken down into 20 weekly sessions.I

understand your daughter is already 18, however everything in the

text would still be applicable I think. I have been doing the ERP

with my daughter at home and have seen a huge improvement. I'm sure

you'd be able to implement the techniques at home - they are actually

very simple. I don't think many professionals understand what it's

like for families to live with this illness - you become very

entrenched in it. I have been seeing a psychologist myself once a

week. This has helped a lot - I can vent out all my emotions and get

some perspective when the whole thing becomes overwhelming. I find my

friends and family aren't such a good support because they don't

really understand and it just makes me more frustrated. Hope this has

helped. I wish you good luck in your endeavours.

>

> Morning all:

>

diagnosed

and

when she

keeps her

day

> miserable for lack of sleep. She's able to take a shower about

once a

some other

over the

yells. She

shoulders, back,

> arms, neck.

>

dwindled.

socially (shame

own.

> He's relatively benign, but I can see that this is not a true

source of

> support for her.

>

every day

> seeing this happen. Daughter is very bright - started out in a

gifted

because of

couldn't

right now,

slide

> downward and are trying to just help her get through high school.

I have

> nightly conversations with God, angrily asking him how he (or she -

or

> whoever) could visit such emotional nonsense on a perfectly

innocent young

talk with

existence of a

>

> We have serious concerns about her ability to live independently

and use

career

out by

college.

accomplishes

with her

experiences

the near

> future.

>

> She's been in treatment for over a year in an HMO system. Meds

(paxil,

weeks) by

she is

is just

> using some techniques she got in staff training. We've been

reading (Braing

say to get

three or

happens. It

>

(Master's

patients, among

truthful

better than

session as

>

> It's difficult on a number of levels to give input to the

counseling process

unable to

explosive when

> it was done previously, I think the counselor perceives Mom and I

as

if I

> were counseling a family such as this). Not saying we're

blameless - in

> fact part of my issue is that I am a firm believer in family

systems theory,

> and would LOVE to be called in regularly, and would feel much

better about

> counseling were they to include regular family counseling (the

HMO's " model "

issues

We just

>

aspects of

> oppositionality, normal developmental stuff, OCD, depression - it's

all

through

> counseling. I received advice from a mental health buddy to ask

for

to do

> this.

>

introduce

> myself. But I find that I'm starting to complain to friends

about " teen

> troubles " without being too specific, and I can see they think I'm

just

> hypersensitive to normal teen issues. However, I felt I could vent

a bit

> here.

>

> Thanks

>

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

Welcome to the group!

I have two young children with ocd, ages 10 and 5. I can understand your pain

and frustration. This group is a tremendous source of support.!

It sounds like you are doing all you can for your dd.

Just wanted to say " Welcome "

Hugs

Judy

Guest guest

welcome - I have a 7 y.o. dd who is in a GREAT place now - 2

months ago life SUCKED to put it mildly so there is hope - I think we

all wonder why - but God does have a plan - keep the faith - and hey

He led you here and this place is a saving grace!! - good luck- we're

here for you

eileen

Quoting jchabot <jchabot@...>:

> Hi ,

> Welcome to the group!

> I have two young children with ocd, ages 10 and 5. I can understand

> your pain and frustration. This group is a tremendous source of

> support.!

> It sounds like you are doing all you can for your dd.

> Just wanted to say " Welcome "

> Hugs

> Judy

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Author March, S., MD.

Title Talking back to OCD : the program that helps kids and teens say " no

way " -- and parents say " way to go " / S. March, with M. Benton.

Publication info. New York : Guilford Press, c2007.

This is a book I found by searching in my library. Is this the book? I didn't

find the title you listed.

Imogene

Re: intro

>

> Morning all:

>

diagnosed

and

when she

keeps her

day

once a

some other

over the

yells. She

shoulders, back,

> arms, neck.

>

dwindled.

socially (shame

own.

source of

> support for her.

>

every day

gifted

because of

couldn't

right now,

slide

I have

or

innocent young

talk with

existence of a

>

and use

career

out by

college.

accomplishes

with her

experiences

the near

> future.

>

(paxil,

weeks) by

she is

is just

reading (Braing

say to get

three or

happens. It

>

(Master's

patients, among

truthful

better than

session as

>

counseling process

unable to

explosive when

as

if I

blameless - in

systems theory,

better about

HMO's " model "

issues

We just

>

aspects of

all

through

for

to do

> this.

>

introduce

about " teen

just

a bit

> here.

>

> Thanks

>

>

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL

at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Imogene,

No, the books have the same author but are not the same. You can find it on

Amazon.com

imogeneyassi@... wrote:

Author March, S., MD.

Title Talking back to OCD : the program that helps kids and teens say " no way " --

and parents say " way to go " / S. March, with M. Benton.

Imogene

>

> Morning all:

>

diagnosed

and

when she

keeps her

day

once a

some other

over the

yells. She

shoulders, back,

> arms, neck.

>

dwindled.

socially (shame

own.

source of

> support for her.

>

every day

gifted

because of

couldn't

right now,

slide

I have

or

innocent young

talk with

existence of a

>

and use

career

out by

college.

accomplishes

with her

experiences

the near

> future.

>

(paxil,

weeks) by

she is

is just

reading (Braing

say to get

three or

happens. It

>

(Master's

patients, among

truthful

better than

session as

>

counseling process

unable to

explosive when

as

if I

blameless - in

systems theory,

better about

HMO's " model "

issues

We just

>

aspects of

all

through

for

to do

> this.

>

introduce

about " teen

just

a bit

> here.

>

> Thanks

>

>

at AOL.com.

Guest guest

I actually purchased this book back in December and forgot about it with the

holidays and all. I just dug it out and it is now on my dresser, in my pile of

" must read " material!

Imogene,

No, the books have the same author but are not the same. You can find it on

Amazon.com

imogeneyassi@... wrote:

Author March, S., MD.

Title Talking back to OCD : the program that helps kids and teens say " no way " --

and parents say " way to go " / S. March, with M. Benton.

Imogene

>

> Morning all:

>

diagnosed

and

when she

keeps her

day

once a

some other

over the

yells. She

shoulders, back,

> arms, neck.

>

dwindled.

socially (shame

own.

source of

> support for her.

>

every day

gifted

because of

couldn't

right now,

slide

I have

or

innocent young

talk with

existence of a

>

and use

career

out by

college.

accomplishes

with her

experiences

the near

> future.

>

(paxil,

weeks) by

she is

is just

reading (Braing

say to get

three or

happens. It

>

(Master's

patients, among

truthful

better than

session as

>

counseling process

unable to

explosive when

as

if I

blameless - in

systems theory,

better about

HMO's " model "

issues

We just

>

aspects of

all

through

for

to do

> this.

>

introduce

about " teen

just

a bit

> here.

>

> Thanks

>

>

at AOL.com.

Guest guest

It's not the same one, but I'm sure it would be good. The one I'm

talking about is a training manual.

> >

> > Morning all:

> >

> > I just joined up. I have an 18 year old daughter who has been

> diagnosed

> > with OCD for several years. Her main symptoms are skin picking

> and

> > inability to take a shower. The dermotillamania comes at night

> when she

> > starts thinking -obsessing - about things and cannot sleep. This

> keeps her

> > up for hours, and then, of course, makes getting through the

next

> day

> > miserable for lack of sleep. She's able to take a shower about

> once a

> > week, but even then she has a fear that the house is burning (or

> some other

> > such emergency) and people are calling her and she can't hear

them

> over the

> > running water - so she fantasizes she vaguely hears noises and

> yells. She

> > also has a hard time washing her body where she's picked -

> shoulders, back,

> > arms, neck.

> >

> > Her social contacts have shrunk and her outside activities have

> dwindled.

> > She has one boyfriend, the only person she feels " safe " with

> socially (shame

> > about her symtpoms and behavior). He's 15 and has troubles of

his

> own.

> > He's relatively benign, but I can see that this is not a true

> source of

> > support for her.

> >

> > My wife and I go share her heartbreak, and have lots of our own,

> every day

> > seeing this happen. Daughter is very bright - started out in a

> gifted

> > magnet program in middle school - and super-aced the SATs, but

> because of

> > social isolation and scrupulosity (wouldn't work for a teacher

she

> couldn't

> > " respect " ) her GPA is so-so. She's waiting to hear from colleges

> right now,

> > and I wouldn't be surprised if her top picks rejected her

(they're

> > competitive schools.) We've seen this kid with enormous

potential

> slide

> > downward and are trying to just help her get through high

school.

> I have

> > nightly conversations with God, angrily asking him how he (or

she -

> or

> > whoever) could visit such emotional nonsense on a perfectly

> innocent young

> > person. No response yet. I suppose it's a good sign I'm trying

to

> talk with

> > him, but there are more days than not that I'm doubting the

> existence of a

> > supposedly benevolent being.

> >

> > We have serious concerns about her ability to live independently

> and use

> > decent judgement to get through the day, much less have a

rewarding

> career

> > and life. I've got my fingers crossed that this will sort itself

> out by

> > next fall and she will have managed issues well enough to enter

> college.

> > We've seen that when she pushes herself (or we psuh her) and

> accomplishes

> > things she feels much better about herself and carries that

esteem

> with her

> > for a few days, so we're praying that an accumulation of those

> experiences

> > and passing through adolesence another half-year will bode will

for

> the near

> > future.

> >

> > She's been in treatment for over a year in an HMO system. Meds

> (paxil,

> > serequol, trazadone) prescribed and monitored (about every 6-8

> weeks) by

> > shrink at one facility, counseling at another. Counselor states

> she is

> > doing CBT, but my wife and I don't see it happening, and think

she

> is just

> > using some techniques she got in staff training. We've been

> reading (Braing

> > Lock, etc.) and what's happening doesn't look like what the

books

> say to get

> > done. Counseling has not been regular and weekly - it's more

> three or

> > four sessions in a row, or as can be scheduled, and see what

> happens. It

> > doesn't look like a treatment plan has been really implemented.

> >

> > I know this stuff because I use to be a mental health

practitioner

> (Master's

> > level counseling in CA and WA and working with Day Treatment

> patients, among

> > other populations.) Mom and I think daughter is somewhat less

than

> truthful

> > when talking to the counselor - she wants to believe things are

> better than

> > they are, and in her denial she's not screaming for help in the

> session as

> > her behavior does at home.

> >

> > It's difficult on a number of levels to give input to the

> counseling process

> > for her. She's 18, and if she's feeling beligerent then I am

> unable to

> > talk to the counselor in the session. Because this has been

> explosive when

> > it was done previously, I think the counselor perceives Mom and

I

> as

> > intrusive and controlling ( in fairness I probably might have,

too,

> if I

> > were counseling a family such as this). Not saying we're

> blameless - in

> > fact part of my issue is that I am a firm believer in family

> systems theory,

> > and would LOVE to be called in regularly, and would feel much

> better about

> > counseling were they to include regular family counseling (the

> HMO's " model "

> > for mental health does not include family therapy.) Mom and I

have

> issues

> > that I'm sure are part of this, but it's hard to figure that

out.

> We just

> > want our kid to benefit more from this treatment than she is.

> >

> > It's enormously difficult, in fact, to tease out all the various

> aspects of

> > what's happening - parenting, young adult about to leave home,

> > oppositionality, normal developmental stuff, OCD, depression -

it's

> all

> > swimming around in our home daily, and I'm not seeing much

progress

> through

> > counseling. I received advice from a mental health buddy to ask

> for