RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Intro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have 1 meat breed goat,a registered 94%

boer doe..All the rest are dairy breeds..I have

18 all together..I have several purebred registered,and some crosses out of registered animals..I have a toggenburg doe,

some say their milk taste weird,but the milk

from this doe taste fine..I have 3 purebred nubians,2 grade does and one registered purebred buck..I have 8 Nigerian Dwarf goats

all registered 6 does & 2 bucks...I have 3 NuManchas a cross between a LaMancha and

a Nubian,I have one that will be 3 in 2010 and

I just bought 2 more this year..This is my best

producer,and the milk taste great!!! I also have a mini nubian,and 2 angora goats..I just

milk once a day,I start milking after the kids

are weaned,because I need more fencing to

be able to move the kids to a different pen so

I can bottle them and have most of the milk for me and a milk share..I saw a pen set-up

that I'd like to put the kids in,but the cost is too high for me to get it..LJPS

Intro

Guest guest

I have 1 meat breed goat,a registered 94%

boer doe..All the rest are dairy breeds..I have

18 all together..I have several purebred registered,and some crosses out of registered animals..I have a toggenburg doe,

some say their milk taste weird,but the milk

from this doe taste fine..I have 3 purebred nubians,2 grade does and one registered purebred buck..I have 8 Nigerian Dwarf goats

all registered 6 does & 2 bucks...I have 3 NuManchas a cross between a LaMancha and

a Nubian,I have one that will be 3 in 2010 and

I just bought 2 more this year..This is my best

producer,and the milk taste great!!! I also have a mini nubian,and 2 angora goats..I just

milk once a day,I start milking after the kids

are weaned,because I need more fencing to

be able to move the kids to a different pen so

I can bottle them and have most of the milk for me and a milk share..I saw a pen set-up

that I'd like to put the kids in,but the cost is too high for me to get it..LJPS

Intro

Guest guest

In a message dated 06/11/2009 13:14:35 GMT Standard Time, fionaleck@... writes:

Hi

I am new to this group.

My friend's son is 11 and has aspergers. Over the last 6 months he has been doing various exercises to help retained reflexes and has also started a course of therapeutic listening. We believe these are helping - he is a bit less frustrated, more connected in to things.

I have read a lot about bio med and really think this might be of benefit to him. He does suffer from tummy troubles, so if it only improved that, it would be a great help. If there were further benefits that would be even better.

Really interested to read what is being discussed at the moment.

Thank you

Fiona

Hi

I am new to this group.

My friend's son is 11 and has aspergers. Over the last 6 months he has been doing various exercises to help retained reflexes and has also started a course of therapeutic listening. We believe these are helping - he is a bit less frustrated, more connected in to things.

I have read a lot about bio med and really think this might be of benefit to him. He does suffer from tummy troubles, so if it only improved that, it would be a great help. If there were further benefits that would be even better.

Really interested to read what is being discussed at the moment.

Thank you

Fiona

Guest guest

Welcome -- this is the best support group I have found for keeping me focused

judy in DC

From: Navarro <navarrosarah@...> Sent: Tue, November 10, 2009 2:53:38 PMSubject: Intro

Hi all,

My name is and I am new to this group. I am 46 years old and very overweight. I have lost 24 pounds since Sept. 1st. I work a lot and live in a small town where there is not really a decent gym so mostly I do work out videos right now. I have a treadmill but it is broken and I need to find someone to come and fix it. My favorite videos are Sansone, but I also like Kathy and Austin. I am happy to have found your group, thanks for letting me join.

in CA

Guest guest

Welcome !!

We don't "let" people join, we're happy to have anyone who is interested in discussing fitness, no matter what their current condition or level! It is always great to hear lots of different perspectives. I'm ! My perspective comes from being 42, former athlete turned couch potato turned back into athlete after being diagnosed with breast cancer 5 1/2 years ago and promising God I'd work on my weight & fitness if he just made me basically healthy. He kept up his end of the bargain, I was pronounced cancer free in May and since I've also kept up my part too I'm now way healthier than I ever have been. I'm also a Weight Watchers leader, I lost 25 pounds (this time around) on the program and have kept it off for 3 years and counting. I have been much heavier though, I just didn't sit and fret about it as long this time before I decided to do something about it. I have 2 amazing kids, 8 and 11 and a great husband. We all live in Michigan where it is 52 degrees and cloudy today and it looks like the short Indian summer we've been enjoying the last few days is going to come to an end soon and it will be too cold too soon and you'll hear me whining about that too much I'm sure! I don't do gyms much but love working out with my videos. Sansone & Kathy are two of my favorites. I can take Austin on some days and not others. I also like The FIRM, Tony Horton, Cathe Friedrich, Jari Love, Madeline and too many others. I have loved strength training more than cardio but over the last year or so I've found I'm starting to like cardio more than I thought I would. I also love yoga and stretching. I also talk slightly less than I write, but not much! :-) I'm glad to have you join the group and look forward to hearing about your workouts and your perspective on them!

Intro

Hi all,

My name is and I am new to this group. I am 46 years old and very overweight. I have lost 24 pounds since Sept. 1st. I work a lot and live in a small town where there is not really a decent gym so mostly I do work out videos right now. I have a treadmill but it is broken and I need to find someone to come and fix it. My favorite videos are Sansone, but I also like Kathy and Austin. I am happy to have found your group, thanks for letting me join.

in CA

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.425 / Virus Database: 270.14.59/2494 - Release Date: 11/10/09 07:38:00

Guest guest

Welcome, ! Congrats on losing 24 lbs, that's awesome! Have you changed

your diet at all or did you lose most of it through exercise? Which

Austin workout is your favorite?

, Portland Oregon

Guest guest

hi sarah! welcome to the group. im also 46 years old and am

always wanting to lose some pounds... i also live out in the

country with no gym nearby so ive always worked out at home with

videos and do lots of outdoor walking.

congratulations on losing 24 pounds in just 9 weeks or so. wow!

how did you do it?

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Thanks Carolyn. I have been logging my food everyday into sparkpeople.com

and watching my calories. I have also switched to a vegetarian diet. I try

to exercise at least 6 days a week. I weigh a lot so it came off faster at

first. It is starting to come off much slower now.

in CA

Re: Intro

how did you do it?

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.425 / Virus Database: 270.14.59/2494 - Release Date: 11/10/09

07:38:00

Guest guest

Navarro wrote:

> Thanks Carolyn. I have been logging my food everyday into sparkpeople.com

> and watching my calories. I have also switched to a vegetarian diet. I try

> to exercise at least 6 days a week.

that is really excellent sarah... way to go!!!!

Guest guest

Wow! Way to go, !! It is very normal for weight loss to slow down after the first few weeks and is, in fact, healthier than losing it very rapidly. Keep logging your food and stay motivated, it sounds like you're doing great!

Re: Introhow did you do it?:*carolyn.

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.425 / Virus Database: 270.14.59/2494 - Release Date: 11/10/09 07:38:00

Guest guest

Welcome to the group ! Congrats on your weight loss thus far! I've been a

member of this group off and on for years! Its a really great place to find

motivation and advice. There are a number of really advanced exercisers,

moderate exercisers and beginner exercisers. There are instructors and novices.

Its a wide range of folks which makes for a great knowledge set should you ever

need advice and most importantly the group is amazingly motivating!

I hope you check in often! Look forward to reading more about your fitness

journey ;-)

I'm probably doing some tonight myself!

a

>

> Hi all,

> My name is and I am new to this group. I am 46 years old and very

overweight. I have lost 24 pounds since Sept. 1st. I work a lot and live in a

small town where there is not really a decent gym so mostly I do work out videos

right now. I have a treadmill but it is broken and I need to find someone to

come and fix it. My favorite videos are Sansone, but I also like Kathy

and Austin. I am happy to have found your group, thanks for

letting me join.

>

> in CA

>

> No virus found in this outgoing message.

> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

> Version: 8.5.425 / Virus Database: 270.14.59/2494 - Release Date: 11/10/09

>

Guest guest

Welcome ! I’m Tonya. I’m here but

not really. I’m in school full time so I’m never really able

to get online like I use to so I can check in with everyone here. This

group is great for keeping you motivated to get your workouts in, though.

Even though I don’t get to report in, I felt compelled to enroll in some

fitness classes as part of my college education to be sure I’m getting my

workouts in to keep up. LOL

Tonya

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Navarro

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 2:54 PM

Subject: Intro

Hi all,

My name is

and I am new to this group. I am 46 years old and very overweight.

I have lost 24 pounds since Sept. 1st. I work a lot and live in a small

town where there is not really a decent gym so mostly I do work out videos

right now. I have a treadmill but it is broken and I need to find someone

to come and fix it. My favorite videos are Sansone, but I also

like Kathy and Austin. I am happy to have found your group,

thanks for letting me join.

in CA

No virus

found in this incoming message.

Version: 8.5.425 / Virus Database: 270.14.43/2474 - Release Date: 11/10/09

Guest guest

Hi !I'm 48 and live not far from San Francisco. Welcome!! I love exercise videos. I lost lots of weight using them, and they're still my favorite form of regular exercise. Glad to have you here.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Tonya - <tonya@...> wrote:

Welcome !  I’m Tonya.  I’m here but

not really.  I’m in school full time so I’m never really able

to get online like I use to so I can check in with everyone here.  This

group is great for keeping you motivated to get your workouts in, though. 

Even though I don’t get to report in, I felt compelled to enroll in some

fitness classes as part of my college education to be sure I’m getting my

workouts in to keep up.  LOL

Tonya

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Navarro

Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 2:54 PM

Subject: Intro

Hi all,

My name is

and I am new to this group.  I am 46 years old and very overweight. 

I have lost 24 pounds since Sept. 1st.  I work a lot and live in a small

town where there is not really a decent gym so mostly I do work out videos

right now.  I have a treadmill but it is broken and I need to find someone

to come and fix it.  My favorite videos are Sansone, but I also

like Kathy and Austin.  I am happy to have found your group,

thanks for letting me join.

in CA

No virus

found in this incoming message.

Version: 8.5.425 / Virus Database: 270.14.43/2474 - Release Date: 11/10/09

Guest guest

Hi , welcome to the group. My name is Jen and I live in Michigan with my mom and two crazy Siamese cats, Mia (female 17 yrs old) and Gizmo (12 yrs old.) I'm 44 and single. I'm considered "obese" but I'm active and working on losing the weight. I've been very busy this Fall so I may not post here very often. My favorite exercise dvds workouts are by: Beachbody.com (Power 90, Slim in 6, Great body guaranteed, Project You, Hip Hop Abs, ChaLEAN Extreme, Power Half Hour and Turbo Jam,) anything by Gilad, Biggest Loser workouts, Austin, Kathy , and Joyce Vedral. I haven't exercised in a while so I will start with walking, either outside or on my treadmill then I'm planning to start doing my

exercise dvds again.Tell us more about you! Jen From: Navarro <navarrosarah@...>Subject: Intro Date: Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 2:53 PM

Hi all,

in CA

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.425 / Virus Database: 270.14.59/2494 - Release Date: 11/10/09 07:38:00

Guest guest

welcome Gabi..you have landed in a great group and we are always glad to hear from you whenever you get a chance.

( nana to 17)

Intro

Hi. Just wanted to throw out a quick intro. I've been guilty of lurking for the last couple of months and I figured I had better introduce myself.My son is 15 and has some pretty major medical issues but was given a "working diagnosis" of Asperger's in September. I always knew there was something but honestly We had bigger issues to deal with until last year. When he was 6-7 they dx'd him with PDD-NOS and NVLD which really didn't get change much so I just kind of figured why bother re-testing as he got older. Now he is in high school and still having issues so we were sent to a behavioral therapist who recommended re-testing. I'm still in the learning phases and trying to figure out what works for him but it sure does explain a lot.I'm a single mom/student/nurse and have a great support system within my family (with the exception of Ty's dad who is still in denial about a lot of Ty's issues unfortunately). Anyway- I just wanted to say hello and thanks! I'm reading when I get the chance. Hugs!Gabi

Guest guest

Welocome Gabi, I'm Pat K; I'm the grandmother of a 17 year old autistic grandson. I diagnosed Karac and ran his ABA program until he started to school. I think you will find this to be a loving support group. blessings, Pat K

Intro

Hi. Just wanted to throw out a quick intro. I've been guilty of lurking for the last couple of months and I figured I had better introduce myself.

My son is 15 and has some pretty major medical issues but was given a "working diagnosis" of Asperger's in September. I always knew there was something but honestly We had bigger issues to deal with until last year. When he was 6-7 they dx'd him with PDD-NOS and NVLD which really didn't get change much so I just kind of figured why bother re-testing as he got older. Now he is in high school and still having issues so we were sent to a behavioral therapist who recommended re-testing. I'm still in the learning phases and trying to figure out what works for him but it sure does explain a lot.

I'm a single mom/student/nurse and have a great support system within my family (with the exception of Ty's dad who is still in denial about a lot of Ty's issues unfortunately). Anyway- I just wanted to say hello and thanks! I'm reading when I get the chance.

Hugs!

Gabi

Guest guest

ABA= Applied Behavior Analysis which is a methodology for teaching our kids with autism ( and others) thro the use of discrete trails and based upon a positive reenforcement model.....I am sure others can explain it more clearly but I am rushingout the door to hockey.

Intro

Hi. Just wanted to throw out a quick intro. I've been guilty of lurking for the last couple of months and I figured I had better introduce myself.My son is 15 and has some pretty major medical issues but was given a "working diagnosis" of Asperger's in September. I always knew there was something but honestly We had bigger issues to deal with until last year. When he was 6-7 they dx'd him with PDD-NOS and NVLD which really didn't get change much so I just kind of figured why bother re-testing as he got older. Now he is in high school and still having issues so we were sent to a behavioral therapist who recommended re-testing. I'm still in the learning phases and trying to figure out what works for him but it sure does explain a lot.I'm a single mom/student/ nurse and have a great support system within my family (with the exception of Ty's dad who is still in denial about a lot of Ty's issues unfortunately) . Anyway- I just wanted to say hello and thanks! I'm reading when I get the chance. Hugs!Gabi

Guest guest

Welcome to the group Gabi. I am Stacie from Illinois. I have 3 kids and 2 of them have Autism. you will love it here.

Stacie

In a message dated 2/3/2010 12:47:49 P.M. Central Standard Time, social.buterfly@... writes:

Hi. Just wanted to throw out a quick intro. I've been guilty of lurking for the last couple of months and I figured I had better introduce myself.My son is 15 and has some pretty major medical issues but was given a "working diagnosis" of Asperger's in September. I always knew there was something but honestly We had bigger issues to deal with until last year. When he was 6-7 they dx'd him with PDD-NOS and NVLD which really didn't get change much so I just kind of figured why bother re-testing as he got older. Now he is in high school and still having issues so we were sent to a behavioral therapist who recommended re-testing. I'm still in the learning phases and trying to figure out what works for him but it sure does explain a lot.I'm a single mom/student/nurse and have a great support system within my family (with the exception of Ty's dad who is still in denial about a lot of Ty's issues unfortunately). Anyway- I just wanted to say hello and thanks! I'm reading when I get the chance. Hugs!Gabi

Guest guest

Welcome Gabi! I am Lois-Mom to JJ () with autism and I also have a 37 year old son and 2 grandsons. Lois

Intro

Guest guest

Applied Behavior Analysis. Dr. Lovaas out in California came up with a method of teaching autistic children based on discrete trials and positive reinforcement; also Carbone and another doctor out of Florida has a verbal version of it based on Skinner's theory.of language development.

Intro

Hi. Just wanted to throw out a quick intro. I've been guilty of lurking for the last couple of months and I figured I had better introduce myself.

My son is 15 and has some pretty major medical issues but was given a "working diagnosis" of Asperger's in September. I always knew there was something but honestly We had bigger issues to deal with until last year. When he was 6-7 they dx'd him with PDD-NOS and NVLD which really didn't get change much so I just kind of figured why bother re-testing as he got older. Now he is in high school and still having issues so we were sent to a behavioral therapist who recommended re-testing. I'm still in the learning phases and trying to figure out what works for him but it sure does explain a lot.

I'm a single mom/student/ nurse and have a great support system within my family (with the exception of Ty's dad who is still in denial about a lot of Ty's issues unfortunately) . Anyway- I just wanted to say hello and thanks! I'm reading when I get the chance.

Hugs!

Gabi

Guest guest

well, i am only on lesson three, but i listen to them at least twice before i go

on, and i do one each day. I seem to get more out of them the more i listen to

them. Maybe i am hurrying things by doing one a day, but i need something each

day to focus me. I was bouncing things around with my sister and she said

something that i thought would be a strong toward motivation for me. I want to

be know as the " tall thin woman down on the river. I am going to add " happy "

Because that is how i would like people to think of me if they were to describe

me to someone.

So in my opinion i don't think it would hurt to review, as long as you are not

doing it to avoid moving forward. Maybe you just need to rethink your toward

and awayfrom motivation.

>

> Yesterday I finally signed up for this group after listening to the podcast

for several weeks. My name is Connie but this email is set up in my middle name

Francine. I am 58, am 5' 1 and weigh 179. I live in Southern Missouri with my

husband of 39 years. I work full time at our local library cataloging books. So

I sit all day but walk 3-5 days a week either on my treadmill or outdoors. This

weight has been with me for 15-20 years. It just added up over the years so the

formerly thin me wasn't thin anymore. For the last few years I have been off

and on a national weight loss program. I rejoined it again last September and

have managed to lose 17 lbs. Listening to is helping me to realize I have

underlying beliefs that are sabotaging my loss. Weight loss for me has been

very hard. Now I am trying to figure out why I am making it so hard and what

being obese gives me. I have already worked through most of my secret eating,

hording and much of my binging in the past few years but there is still

obviously much I have to work on. The podcasts are helping with that but I'm

having trouble with figuring out a strong toward and away from motivation and

what underlying beliefs are holding me back.

> This group of support and supporting appeals to me as a way to work these

questions out as I progress in the podcasts. Right now I'm on 21 but am

thinking of starting at the beginning and putting in more time working on it.

What do you think? Go from where I am or begin again?

>

Guest guest

well, i am only on lesson three, but i listen to them at least twice before i go

on, and i do one each day. I seem to get more out of them the more i listen to

them. Maybe i am hurrying things by doing one a day, but i need something each

day to focus me. I was bouncing things around with my sister and she said

something that i thought would be a strong toward motivation for me. I want to

be know as the " tall thin woman down on the river. I am going to add " happy "

Because that is how i would like people to think of me if they were to describe

me to someone.

So in my opinion i don't think it would hurt to review, as long as you are not

doing it to avoid moving forward. Maybe you just need to rethink your toward

and awayfrom motivation.

>

> Yesterday I finally signed up for this group after listening to the podcast

> This group of support and supporting appeals to me as a way to work these

>

Guest guest

Thanks for the reply. I'm just thinking of starting from the beginning because

I'm not sure I got everything I needed to go forward. I'm torn because I can't

wait to go forward. There is so much to draw from each and every podcast. I

agree about needing something to focus me everyday. Sometimes I listen a couple

of times a day and go back to something I need to work on. Maybe I will just go

back to work out my toward and away from motivation before continue. It would

be nice to have a sister to bounce things off of. I have two sisters but we

don't have a close enough relationship to share day to day stuff.

> >

> > Yesterday I finally signed up for this group after listening to the podcast

> > This group of support and supporting appeals to me as a way to work these

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks for the reply. I'm just thinking of starting from the beginning because

I'm not sure I got everything I needed to go forward. I'm torn because I can't

wait to go forward. There is so much to draw from each and every podcast. I

agree about needing something to focus me everyday. Sometimes I listen a couple

of times a day and go back to something I need to work on. Maybe I will just go

back to work out my toward and away from motivation before continue. It would

be nice to have a sister to bounce things off of. I have two sisters but we

don't have a close enough relationship to share day to day stuff.

> >

> > Yesterday I finally signed up for this group after listening to the podcast

> > This group of support and supporting appeals to me as a way to work these

> >

>