RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Intro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My almost 14 yr old AS daughter goes all Jekyll and Hyde on my almost 7 yr old PDD nos son but is fine with other kids his age and younger. most of the time she can't stand him, doesn't want him near her, her room, her things, her mom although that has gotten better with age but then every once in a blue moon, she is all lovey dovey and wants to play with him, read to him or do some activity with him and it FREAKS HIM OUT! I do not blame him, she does not get that these rapid mood swings and/or atypical behaviors can throw people off. She does get very jealous though that he gets invited to friends, to bday parties etc cuz she doesn't and never really has due to her AS she is not very social. He is PDD nos which in his case means he is pretty much exactly like his sister except that he is more social. (thus the invites etc) There was a time when I actually feared she would hurt him on purpose, now I just have to worry re meltdowns and really is there anything more fun

than TWO kids on the spectrum having a meltdown at once!!! UGGGHHH (Again, please note the sarcasm! LOL) Well that is my two cents worth. DeeDeecrystal visneski <mvlcrystal@...> wrote: I have a 13 yro asd son, and he cannot for the life of him, understand my 5 yro nt daughter! He didnt experience a lot of the things that she has, like issues with friends, or trying to fit in at Kindegarten. I thought I was alone

! Crystal MNCharlotte <scottdesignsadelphia (DOT) net> wrote: My 13 year old AS son HATES my 5 year old nt daughter! And I mean HATES her! It is hard and it is constant fighting. I can’t imagine if there were 2 more younger than her what he would do. Doesn’t the state provide any respite money given for the foster

children? Which state are you in, I may have some additional resources for you. Feel free to email me privately if you feel more comfortable. Charlotte From: Autism and Aspergers Treatment [mailto:Autism and Aspergers Treatment ] On Behalf Of Don SamSent: Friday, November 10, 2006 9:13 AMAutism and Aspergers Treatment Subject: RE: Intro Hello, adoption is how we nowhave our3 year old,we r fosterparents. SHe was a crack baby and we had her sense birth .She is going to be evaluated soon , ( as soon as i find someone that does this age ) Her birht mother was Bp, yet i see some autisic behaviors also. Now to find out if it is casued from her being a crack baby , or genetics from birth mom will be another answer i am looking to go along with the evaluation. Last week we received her little sister into our home as a foster child,she is 2 years old. Our Aspergers teenager does not get along with little kids very well, is htis typical? our 6 year old , she gets along well with and hangs out with, however the 6 year old has been showing some behaviors of possible ADD/ Aspergers. How do i know if it is just what she is picking up

from the teenager aspergers sister or if she too may be a special needs child also? Having this many kids really makes it hard to find baby sitters adn time fro ourselves.Even sleeping at night , our 3 year old has night fears adn has been what seems like a permenant 3rd person in bed with us. It is hard to say no , when she says she is scared and i see her shake. I have tried a few times but she cries hard none stop adn i cant do that not knowing if it is just a trying to get her way or maybe she is BP and having night fears . It has been over a year sense my hubby and I had a time out together. lol ok enough venting :) what do u all do when u are stressed out or should i say stretched out lol :) (my job is with kids also lol ) Charlotte <scottdesignsadelphia (DOT) net> wrote: , I am not in the same boat as you, I have one biological son, 13 with Aspergers/ADHD and an almost 6 year old NT daughter, however I do also live in New England so I thought I would say hello. I also wanted to commend you on your dedication!! Charlotte From: Autism and Aspergers Treatment [mailto:Autism and Aspergers Treatment ] On Behalf Of Jenna and RobSent: Friday, November 03, 2006 7:40 AMTo:

Autism and Aspergers Treatment Subject: Intro Good Morning. I am a SAHCM of 7 wonderful children. Three are blessed with Autism in varying degrees. I have one with PDD-NOS, one has Aspergers, and one with Severe Non-verbal Autism. I also have a son with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome with ADHD. My youngest daughter has ADD as well. This has been an amazing journey, sometimes into the unknown. We have been blessed with these children through adoption. They are not related with the exception of the oldest boy

(almost 18) and the youngest boy (3 months). They are uncle/nephew related. Would love to get to know more folks who are on this same walk of life. I would like to learn new strategies, the latest technology for non-verbal children, and just share support. Thanks for allowing me to join this community. I look forward to getting to know all of you. Peace, ....in New England Everyone is raving about the all-new beta. Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Sponsored Link$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out!

Guest guest

I got my dd on the "mental health waiver" program here in Iowa. She has a therapist who comes in weekly PLUS she goes out for "social skills training" as well all through this program. It has helped alot but that being said, she does REFUSE to talk to her therapist and says awful things to her and refuses to go places when she is " in a mood" as I describe it. Like yesterday, she pinched my, hit and kicked me in front of (therapist) then threatend to hit and/or shove a toy car up her nose. She has told her that she will kill her and dump her in a river..... I do not know what it is about therapy that sets her off so bad as she does not normally act this badly or say things that are quite so awful. She was doing SO much better but now we are back to this, it is very discouraging sometimes. All in all, I will say that it has improved her behavior but there are mountains and valleys and sometimes I think the valleys win! Oh she is almost 14 with adhd, odd, bi

polar and AS. good luck and God bless!DeeDeeladiodessa <ladiodessa@...> wrote: Hello, Yes there is respite care for foster parents.The 2 year old we just recieved , as for right now,is our only foster.We adopted her sister and the others are ours.I just did get approved for the Hearthstone grant that will pay respiote care for our asperger teenager. It will pay up to 7.00 hourly.Now i just have to find the right person who is willinly going to do this and is a

good example. It will be great to find someone that can get her out nto the community adn active in other ways . It bothers me that she is such a loner. ooh and we r from WI. > > ,> > I am not in the same boat as you, I have one biological son, 13 with> Aspergers/ADHD and an almost 6 year old NT daughter, however I do also live> in New England so I thought I would say hello.> > I also wanted to commend you on your dedication!!> > Charlotte> > > > _____ > > > From: Autism and Aspergers Treatment > [mailto:Autism and Aspergers Treatment ] On Behalf Of Jenna and Rob> Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 7:40 AM> Autism and Aspergers Treatment > Subject: Intro> > Good Morning. I am a SAHCM of 7 wonderful children. Three are blessed with> Autism in varying degrees. I have one with PDD-NOS, one has Aspergers, and> one with Severe Non-verbal Autism. I also have a son with Fetal Alcohol> Syndrome with ADHD. My youngest daughter has ADD as well. > > This has been an amazing journey, sometimes into the unknown. We have been> blessed with these children through adoption. They are not related with the> exception of the

oldest boy (almost 18) and the youngest boy (3 months).> They are uncle/nephew related. > > Would love to get to know more folks who are on this same walk of life. I> would like to learn new strategies, the latest technology for non-verbal> children, and just share support. > > Thanks for allowing me to join this community. I look forward to getting to> know all of you. > > Peace, > > ....in New England> > > > > > _____ > > Everyone is raving about the> <http://us.rd./evt=45083/*http:/advision.webevents./mailbe> ta> all-new beta.>

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates near 39yr lows. $310,000 Mortgage for $999/mo - Calculate new house payment

Guest guest

My AS 9 year old sometimes goes after his 12 year old NT brother and we really thought he had a hate on for him but we are realizing that is not the case. He loves his brother but ... he tends to keep everything inside all day at school, rarely showing any emotions. Big brother has become a sort of target at home for to release all the tensions, frustrations etc brought on by school or whatever is going on. We are trying to work on these frustrations to get them out before a meltdown occurs. Then big brother is safe!! When doesn't have the frustrations he and his brother play together really great! It's like night and day, really, the way they can be best friends one minute, and the next, is going after him in a very fierce way! Hopefully we will be able to teach him better ways to handle the frustrations. It is very hard on big brother as he never knows if they are best friends or if he's a target.

Estevan, Saskatchewan

Canada

-- Intro

Good Morning. I am a SAHCM of 7 wonderful children. Three are blessed with Autism in varying degrees. I have one with PDD-NOS, one has Aspergers, and one with Severe Non-verbal Autism. I also have a son with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome with ADHD. My youngest daughter has ADD as well.

This has been an amazing journey, sometimes into the unknown. We have been blessed with these children through adoption. They are not related with the exception of the o (almost 18) and the youngest boy (3 months). They are uncle/nephew related.

Would love to get to know more folks who are on this same walk of life. I would like to learn new strategies, the latest technology for non-verbal children, and just share support.

Thanks for allowing me to join this community. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Peace,

Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Sponsored Link$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out!

If it ain't caffeinated, it ain't coffee! ~Author Unknown

Guest guest

My AS 9 year old sometimes goes after his 12 year old NT brother and we really thought he had a hate on for him but we are realizing that is not the case. He loves his brother but ... he tends to keep everything inside all day at school, rarely showing any emotions. Big brother has become a sort of target at home for to release all the tensions, frustrations etc brought on by school or whatever is going on. We are trying to work on these frustrations to get them out before a meltdown occurs. Then big brother is safe!! When doesn't have the frustrations he and his brother play together really great! It's like night and day, really, the way they can be best friends one minute, and the next, is going after him in a very fierce way! Hopefully we will be able to teach him better ways to handle the frustrations. It is very hard on big brother as he never knows if they are best friends or if he's a target.

Estevan, Saskatchewan

Canada

-- Intro

Good Morning. I am a SAHCM of 7 wonderful children. Three are blessed with Autism in varying degrees. I have one with PDD-NOS, one has Aspergers, and one with Severe Non-verbal Autism. I also have a son with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome with ADHD. My youngest daughter has ADD as well.

This has been an amazing journey, sometimes into the unknown. We have been blessed with these children through adoption. They are not related with the exception of the o (almost 18) and the youngest boy (3 months). They are uncle/nephew related.

Would love to get to know more folks who are on this same walk of life. I would like to learn new strategies, the latest technology for non-verbal children, and just share support.

Thanks for allowing me to join this community. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Peace,

Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

If it ain't caffeinated, it ain't coffee! ~Author Unknown

Guest guest

This sounds exactly like my 2 boys. What have you tried to help the situations when they start? & Godfrey <wmgodfrey@...> wrote: My AS 9 year old sometimes goes after his 12 year old NT brother and we really thought he had a hate on for him but we are realizing that is not the case. He loves his brother but ... he tends to

keep everything inside all day at school, rarely showing any emotions. Big brother has become a sort of target at home for to release all the tensions, frustrations etc brought on by school or whatever is going on. We are trying to work on these frustrations to get them out before a meltdown occurs. Then big brother is safe!! When doesn't have the frustrations he and his brother play together really great! It's like night and day, really, the way they can be best friends one minute, and the next, is going after him in a very fierce way! Hopefully we will be able to teach him better ways to handle the frustrations. It is very hard on big brother as he never knows if they are best friends or if he's a target. Estevan, Saskatchewan Canada -------Original

Message------- From: d corbin Date: 11/16/06 12:42:04 Autism and Aspergers Treatment Subject: RE: Intro My almost 14 yr old AS daughter goes all Jekyll and Hyde on my almost 7 yr old PDD nos son but is fine with other kids his age and younger. most of the time she can't stand him, doesn't want him near her, her room, her things, her mom although that has gotten better with age but then every once in a blue moon, she is all lovey dovey and wants to play with him, read to him or do some activity with

him and it FREAKS HIM OUT! I do not blame him, she does not get that these rapid mood swings and/or atypical behaviors can throw people off. She does get very jealous though that he gets invited to friends, to bday parties etc cuz she doesn't and never really has due to her AS she is not very social. He is PDD nos which in his case means he is pretty much exactly like his sister except that he is more social. (thus the invites etc) There was a time when I actually feared she would hurt him on purpose, now I just have to worry re meltdowns and really is there anything more than TWO kids on the spectrum having a meltdown at once!!! UGGGHHH (Again, please note the sarcasm! LOL) Well that is my two cents worth. DeeDeecrystal visneski <mvlcrystal > wrote: I have a 13 yro asd son, and he

cannot for the life of him, understand my 5 yro nt daughter! He didnt experience a lot of the things that she has, like issues with friends, or trying to fit in at Kindegarten. I thought I was alone ! Crystal MNCharlotte <scottdesignsadelphia (DOT) net> wrote: My 13 year old AS son HATES my 5 year old nt daughter! And I mean HATES her! It is hard and it is constant fighting. I can’t imagine if there were 2 more younger than her what he would do. Doesn’t the state provide any respite money given fo children? Which state are you in, I may have some additional resources for you. Feel free to email me privately if you feel more comfortable. Charlotte Hello, adoption is how we nowhave our3 year old,we r fosterparents. SHe was a crack baby and we had her sense birth .She is going to be evaluated soon , ( as soon as i find someone that does this age ) Her birht mother was Bp, yet i see some autisic behaviors also. Now to find out if it is casued from her being a crack baby , or genetics from birth mom will be another answer i am looking to go along with the evaluation. Last week we received her little sister into our home as a foster child,she is 2 years old. Our Aspergers teenager does not get along with little kids very well, is htis typical? our 6 year old , she gets along well with and hangs out with, however the 6

year old has been showing some behaviors of possible ADD/ Aspergers. How do i know if it is just what she is picking up from the teenager aspergers sister or if she too may be a special needs child also? Having this many kids really makes it hard to find baby sitters adn time fro ourselves.Even sleeping at night , our 3 year old has night fears adn has been what seems like a permenant 3rd person in bed with us. It is hard to say no , when she says she is scared and i see her shake. I have tried a few times but she cries hard none stop adn i cant do that not knowing if it is just a trying to get her way or maybe she is BP and having night fears . It has been over a year sense my hubby and I had a time out together. lol ok enough venting :) what do u all do when u are stressed out or should i say stretched out lol :) (my job is

with kids also lol ) , I am not in the same boat as you, I have one biological son, 13 with Aspergers/ADHD and an almost 6 year old NT daughter, however I do also live in New England so I thought I would say hello. I also wanted to commend you on your

dedication!! Subject: Intro Good Morning. I am a SAHCM of 7 wonderful children. Three are blessed with Autism in varying degrees. I have one with PDD-NOS, one has Aspergers, and one with Severe Non-verbal Autism. I also have a son with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome with ADHD. My youngest daughter has ADD as well. This has been an amazing journey, sometimes into the unknown. We have been blessed with these children through adoption. They are

not related with the exception of the o (almost 18) and the youngest boy (3 months). They are uncle/nephew related. Would love to get to know more folks who are on this same walk of life. I would like to learn new strategies, the latest technology for non-verbal children, and just share support. Thanks for allowing me to join this community. I look forward to getting to know all of you. Peace, Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster. Sponsored Link$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out! If it ain't caffeinated, it ain't coffee! ~Author Unknown

Guest guest

Hi , I understand where you are coming from. My 4yr old does the same thing with our 2yr old. It really hard cause I worry some much about the older one hurting the younger one. Would you please e-mail and let me know how you handle this. Thank you so much. Peace Be With You All, & Godfrey <wmgodfrey@...> wrote: My AS 9 year old sometimes goes after his 12 year old NT brother and we really thought he had a hate on for him but we are realizing that is not the case. He loves his brother but ... he tends to keep everything inside all day at school, rarely showing any emotions. Big brother has become a sort of target at home for to release all the tensions, frustrations etc brought on by school or whatever is going on. We are trying to work on these frustrations to get them out before a

meltdown occurs. Then big brother is safe!! When doesn't have the frustrations he and his brother play together really great! It's like night and day, really, the way they can be best friends one minute, and the next, is going after him in a very fierce way! Hopefully we will be able to teach him better ways to handle the frustrations. It is very hard on big brother as he never knows if they are best friends or if he's a target. Estevan, Saskatchewan Canada -- Intro Good Morning. I am a SAHCM of 7 wonderful children. Three are blessed with Autism in varying degrees. I have one with PDD-NOS, one has Aspergers, and one with Severe Non-verbal Autism. I also have a son with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome with ADHD. My youngest daughter has ADD as well. This has been an amazing journey, sometimes into the unknown. We have been blessed with these children through adoption. They are not related with the exception of the o (almost 18) and the youngest boy (3 months). They are uncle/nephew related. Would love to get to know more folks

who are on this same walk of life. I would like to learn new strategies, the latest technology for non-verbal children, and just share support. Thanks for allowing me to join this community. I look forward to getting to know all of you. Peace, Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster. Sponsored Link$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out! If it ain't caffeinated, it ain't coffee! ~Author Unknown

Sponsored Link Don't quit your job - take classes online and earn your degree in 1 year. Start Today

Guest guest

Well, I try to talk to as soon as he comes in the door from school, just me and him, one on one, and if there is something that's gone on that has upset him we can sometimes talk about it and get it out of his system before he lets it out on his brother! This is actually a good time for us, whether there's a problem or it's just normal school stuff he wants to talk about. Otherwise, at the first sign of him going after his brother we try and remove him and take him to his room. We remind him to breathe deeply to calm himself and we try and get him to talk about what's bugging him but a lot of the times he gets so worked up he can't listen to us. At these times, being by himself in his room seems to be the best thing. We'll leave him for half an hour and then go in and calmly talk to him. Sometimes he falls asleep. We always talk when he's calmed down and I think that is helping him cope a bit better. I would like him to learn to recognize when he is getting worked up about something so that he could learn to deal with it but he's not quite there yet.

We don't really have any answers, we just keep trying to be there for and to keep calm. That's the hard thing for me but when we keep calm it seems to calm him down faster. We are lucky that his teacher works with us, letting us know when she sees something that might set him off. She understands that he won't show these emotions at school but will let loose at home.

Estevan, Saskatchewan

Canada

-- Intro

This has been an amazing journey, sometimes into the unknown. We have been blessed with these children through adopt not related with the exception of the o (almost 18) and the youngest boy (3 months). They are uncle/nephew related.

Peace,

Do I like my coffee black? Are there any other colours? ~Author Unknown

Guest guest

We are trying to handle this by catching the meltdown before it starts but of course, this is sometimes impossible. We are fortunate that is an unathletic 9 year old and his brother is a very athletic 12 year old. He is not aggressive at all but he can hold off or run from him! It's all very unfair to our 12 year old () and he really gets upset that his brother is mean to him but we keep trying to explain it to him. And we keep working with , talking to him, keeping him from letting the frustration level getting so high he wants to take it out on his brother. We don't have any real solid solutions, we're just taking it a day at a time and praying lots!! We do see a psychologist on a regular basis and I've noticed he is handling things a bit better. The meltdowns are getting further apart. Not sure if this is due to our visits with her or maybe that he is getting older and able to handle things. Maybe a combination of both.

It must be tough with your kids being younger. didn't display too much aggression against his brother until he was about 5 or 6 which is when we started getting him tested, thinking he had some anger problems. Had never heard of aspergers but boy, we've learned a lot!!

Estevan, Saskatchewan

Canada

-- RE: Intro

My almost 14 yr old AS daughter goes all Jekyll and Hyde on my almost 7 yr old PDD nos son but is fine with other kids his age and younger. most of the time she can't stand him, doesn't want him near her, her room, her things, her mom although that has gotten better with age but then every once in a blue moon, she is all lovey dovey and wants to play with him, read to him or do some activity with him and it FREAKS HIM OUT! I do not blame him, she does not get that these rapid mood swings and/or atypical behaviors can throw people off. She does get very jealous though that he gets invited to friends, to bday parties etc cuz she doesn't and never really has due to her AS she is not very social. He is PDD nos which in his case means he is pretty much exactly like his sister except that he is more social. (thus the invites etc) There was a time when I actually feared she would hurt him on purpose, now I just have to worry re meltdowns and really is there anything more than TWO kids on the spectrum having a meltdown at once!!! UGGGHHH (Again, please note the sarcasm! LOL)

Well that is my two cents worth.

DeeDeecrystal visneski <mvlcrystal > wrote:

I have a 13 yro asd son, and he cannot for the life of him, understand my 5 yro nt daughter! He didnt experience a lot of the things that she has, like issues with friends, or trying to fit in at Kindegarten.

I thought I was alone !

Crystal

MNCharlotte <scottdesignsadelphia (DOT) net> wrote:

My 13 year old AS son HATES my 5 year old nt daughter! And I mean HATES her! It is hard and it is constant fighting.

I can’t imagine if there were 2 more younger than her what he would do.

Doesn’t the state provide any respite money given fo children? Which state are you in, I may have some additional resources for you. Feel free to e if you feel more comfortable.

Charlotte

Hello,

Peace,

Sponsored LinkDon't quit your job - take classes online and earn your degree in 1 year. Start Today

Guest guest

Hi Laurie Welcome to the group hon and I hope you will find the support here that we all hope to offer to you! I remember how scared I was when I was diagnosed over 5 years ago,, I did treatment and am clear of the virus now almost 4 years! I will be tested again in Feb. What I can tell you is that most ppl who have this disease die NOT FROM it but with it. Yes you will have lots more blood tests and most likely a liver biopsy that sounds a lot more scarey than what it is. A biopsy is the ONLY way to know exactly what kind of damage you may or may not have. I had this disease for 23 years before I was diagnosed and when I found out, I did have a lot of damage. I also know many others who have had this 30 plus years and have very little damage. What you can do for yourself now is to make sure you stop consuming all forms of alcohol as the alcohol makes the virus replicate twice as fast.Remember that

everything you eat, drink, breathe or put on your skin has to go through the liver. Watch the amounts of meds you take, especially over the counter meds and make sure that your docs know everything you are taking. Milk Thistle is a good item to start taking immediately as it helps your own liver deal with the virus better. It wont kill the virus but it will help your liver from getting more damaged. Gather all your medical info, what we advise is to start your own file at home and get copies of EVERYTHING that has to do with YOUR hep c and all your labs, your biopsy , ultrasound etc. Also when you have everything, you can refer to it and even bring them here if you need to ask questions. Please feel free to ask us any questions and if we dont know the answer, we do know where to find the answers. We have lots of medical ppl here so we can hopefully help you. once again, welcome hon! I am Jax, Im

one of the moderators here, Liz is our researcher, anne is one of the other moderators and Janet is our owner. Doug is the other owner but we dont see him too much, he is pretty quiet..lol.. maybe with all us girls he can't get a word in edgewise,, lol,,, bye for now, jaxLaurie <bostons@...> wrote: Good afternoon everyone. Hope that all with the group had (are having) a great Thanksgiving. My name is Laurie and I live in Sullivan County in NY state. I'm 47, married and have two children ages 25 and 16. On Wednesday I was shocked to find out that I've tested positive for Hep C. The doctor immediately sent me for additional blood work to determine viral load and genotype... I'm sure there were other tests involved but I just can't recall them at this moment. This news is quite devastating and I hope that the test results will be in my favor and not that of the disease.... not likely, I suppose. So now I've set out to learn all that I can about Hep C so that I can make life changes if need be. The wait is going to be pure hell! I still have no idea how I may have

contracted this, though I have worked with the developmentally disabled and with geriatric psychiatric patients in the past. My liver enzymes have been off for at least 15 years but I've not been previously tested for hepatitis. Guess that's about it for now - I'll keep reading posts and continue to absorb all that I can. Thanks for reading, -Laurie Jackie

Guest guest

Hi Laurie!

Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right where

you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I will tell

you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you a

lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your area.

If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, etc.! And

start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, inhale,

etc. can either help or hurt your liver.

Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you MUST

become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised if, at

times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms and the

disease than your own doctor.

Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help more than

you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through your

nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax you, it

actually massages and stimulates the liver!

I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens the

immune system and that is something you don't need!

Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in this

group who have been there, done that. No question is too small or big,

and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!

God Bless You,

>

> Good afternoon everyone. Hope that all with the group had (are

having) a great Thanksgiving.

>

> My name is Laurie and I live in Sullivan County in NY state. I'm 47,

married and have two children ages 25 and 16.

>

> On Wednesday I was shocked to find out that I've tested positive for

Hep C. The doctor immediately sent me for additional blood work to

determine viral load and genotype... I'm sure there were other tests

involved but I just can't recall them at this moment.

>

> This news is quite devastating and I hope that the test results will

be in my favor and not that of the disease.... not likely, I suppose.

So now I've set out to learn all that I can about Hep C so that I can

make life changes if need be. The wait is going to be pure hell! I

still have no idea how I may have contracted this, though I have

worked with the developmentally disabled and with geriatric

psychiatric patients in the past. My liver enzymes have been off for

at least 15 years but I've not been previously tested for hepatitis.

>

> Guess that's about it for now - I'll keep reading posts and continue

to absorb all that I can.

>

> Thanks for reading,

>

> -Laurie

>

Guest guest

Hi Laurie,

You have found a great group to get information from and a lot of support. I too remember how scared I was when I first found out so my heart goes out to you. I am currently on treatment and have cleared the virus. Nice to meet another east coaster, :) . I live near Buffalo, NY, not sure where Sullivan County is...

Ally

On 11/24/06, Laurie <bostons@...> wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. Hope that all with the group had (are having) a great Thanksgiving.

My name is Laurie and I live in Sullivan County in NY state. I'm 47, married and have two children ages 25 and 16.

On Wednesday I was shocked to find out that I've tested positive for Hep C. The doctor immediately sent me for additional blood work to determine viral load and genotype... I'm sure there were other tests involved but I just can't recall them at this moment.

This news is quite devastating and I hope that the test results will be in my favor and not that of the disease.... not likely, I suppose. So now I've set out to learn all that I can about Hep C so that I can make life changes if need be. The wait is going to be pure hell! I still have no idea how I may have contracted this, though I have worked with the developmentally disabled and with geriatric psychiatric patients in the past. My liver enzymes have been off for at least 15 years but I've not been previously tested for hepatitis.

Guess that's about it for now - I'll keep reading posts and continue to absorb all that I can.

Thanks for reading,

-Laurie

Guest guest

Thank you , that was an excellent post and I personally thank you for your support of our group. You have been a wonderful new member and Im very glad you are here with us! jax <marvindamartian05@...> wrote: Hi Laurie!Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right whereyou are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I will tellyou that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you alot,and I also encourage you to find a support

group in your area.If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, etc.! Andstart eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, inhale,etc. can either help or hurt your liver.Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you MUSTbecome your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised if, attimes, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms and thedisease than your own doctor.Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help more thanyou can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through yournose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax you, itactually massages and stimulates the liver!I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens theimmune system and that is something you don't need!Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in thisgroup who have been there, done that. No question is

too small or big,and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!God Bless You,>> Good afternoon everyone. Hope that all with the group had (arehaving) a great Thanksgiving.> > My name is Laurie and I live in Sullivan County in NY state. I'm 47,married and have two children ages 25 and 16. > > On Wednesday I was shocked to find out that I've tested positive forHep C. The doctor immediately sent me for additional blood work todetermine viral load and genotype... I'm sure there were other testsinvolved but I just can't recall them at this moment. > > This news is quite devastating and I hope that the test results willbe in my favor and not that of the disease.... not likely, I suppose.So now I've set out

to learn all that I can about Hep C so that I canmake life changes if need be. The wait is going to be pure hell! Istill have no idea how I may have contracted this, though I haveworked with the developmentally disabled and with geriatricpsychiatric patients in the past. My liver enzymes have been off forat least 15 years but I've not been previously tested for hepatitis.> > Guess that's about it for now - I'll keep reading posts and continueto absorb all that I can.> > Thanks for reading, > > -Laurie>Jackie

Guest guest

Hi Ally -

I feel like I've found the right group for the info that I'll be needing. Waiting on test results is proving to be quite difficult - I like to get things in order and moving as quickly as possible.

You're probably directly north of me - Sullivan county sits along the PA border. I live in the Catskill foothills, overlooking the Delaware river. I can stand on my front porch and look over into the PA Poconos. We're in the boonies and have to travel to shop, for doc appointments, etc., but I wouldn't change a thing. I lived in a city until 6 years ago - I don't miss the noisy, hectic city life one little bit! :-)

-Laurie

Re: Intro

Hi Laurie,

You have found a great group to get information from and a lot of support. I too remember how scared I was when I first found out so my heart goes out to you. I am currently on treatment and have cleared the virus. Nice to meet another east coaster, :) . I live near Buffalo, NY, not sure where Sullivan County is...

Ally

Guest guest

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the nice welcome.

I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was sick for several days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't had an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was present at that time.... probably!

I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate with very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out about this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage that it'll be minimal or none at all.

I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work outside of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this disease is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing here at home on occasion and those tasks can be done at my convenience - this is good, too.

I'll be paying very close attention to all posts within the group! I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here.

Thanks again,

-Laurie

> Hi Laurie!> > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right where> you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I will tell> you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you a> lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your area.> > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, etc.! And> start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, inhale,> etc. can either help or hurt your liver.> > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you MUST> become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised if, at> times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms and the> disease than your own doctor.> > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help more than> you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through your> nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax you, it> actually massages and stimulates the liver!> > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens the> immune system and that is something you don't need!> > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in this> group who have been there, done that. No question is too small or big,> and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!> > God Bless You,>

Guest guest

Thanks Jax -

I'll be gathering all medical info, for sure! I'll also hunt down the Milk Thistle and start taking it ASAP. The doctor's office staff act like I'm causing them a major disturbance when I ask for copies - too bad for them! They also charge by the page - 75 cents to a dollar each. Doesn't matter, I have to have the info. The gastroenterologists office is supposed to have my paperwork ready for me this week. Hope they remember to put the most recent test results with the packet.

Good to be here - shame that I had to find you all because of this disease, though.

-Laurie

Hi Laurie

Welcome to the group hon and I hope you will find the support here that we all hope to offer to you!

I remember how scared I was when I was diagnosed over 5 years ago,, I did treatment and am clear of the virus now almost 4 years! I will be tested again in Feb.

What I can tell you is that most ppl who have this disease die NOT FROM it but with it. Yes you will have lots more blood tests and most likely a liver biopsy that sounds a lot more scarey than what it is. A biopsy is the ONLY way to know exactly what kind of damage you may or may not have. I had this disease for 23 years before I was diagnosed and when I found out, I did have a lot of damage. I also know many others who have had this 30 plus years and have very little damage.

What you can do for yourself now is to make sure you stop consuming all forms of alcohol as the alcohol makes the virus replicate twice as fast.Remember that everything you eat, drink, breathe or put on your skin has to go through the liver. Watch the amounts of meds you take, especially over the counter meds and make sure that your docs know everything you are taking. Milk Thistle is a good item to start taking immediately as it helps your own liver deal with the virus better. It wont kill the virus but it will help your liver from getting more damaged. Gather all your medical info, what we advise is to start your own file at home and get copies of EVERYTHING that has to do with YOUR hep c and all your labs, your biopsy , ultrasound etc. Also when you have everything, you can refer to it and even bring them here if you need to ask questions.

Please feel free to ask us any questions and if we dont know the answer, we do know where to find the answers. We have lots of medical ppl here so we can hopefully help you.

once again, welcome hon!

I am Jax, Im one of the moderators here, Liz is our researcher, anne is one of the other moderators and Janet is our owner. Doug is the other owner but we dont see him too much, he is pretty quiet..lol.. maybe with all us girls he can't get a word in edgewise,, lol,,,

bye for now,

jax

Guest guest

Oh, I've been to the catskills, it was possitively beautiful!!! The poconos, lucky you! Yeah, I'm not a big city person anymore which is why I like Buffalo, it is more like an oversized town rather then a city and I live on the outskirts which makes it even nicer.

I remember waiting for my appointment, ugh, it was awful. The Dr got the results and told me Thursday that I needed to come right in and see her on Monday so from Thurs to Monday I was a mess because I thought the worst. I'm glad to not have to go through that again but feel for you. When is your appointment or are they going to call you with the results?

I also remember wanting to get things moving along as fast as possible and the Dr had to actually slow me down and explain that I shouldn't do the shot the day I got my kit but rather figure out a good day to do it that would work out best for my schedule. It was tough waiting but I had decided to wait and do my shots on Fridays which works best for me and apparently many other from what I hear, lol.

Please let us know as soon as you get your results so we can be of any help for you. There are many knowledgeable people on this list who know all about the various numbers and such and can give you an explanation of anything the Dr doesn't explain adequately.

Ally :)

On 11/26/06, Laurie <bostons@...> wrote:

Hi Ally -

I feel like I've found the right group for the info that I'll be needing. Waiting on test results is proving to be quite difficult - I like to get things in order and moving as quickly as possible.

You're probably directly north of me - Sullivan county sits along the PA border. I live in the Catskill foothills, overlooking the Delaware river. I can stand on my front porch and look over into the PA Poconos. We're in the boonies and have to travel to shop, for doc appointments, etc., but I wouldn't change a thing. I lived in a city until 6 years ago - I don't miss the noisy, hectic city life one little bit! :-)

-Laurie

Hi Laurie,

Ally

Guest guest

:)

> >

> > Good afternoon everyone. Hope that all with the group had (are

> having) a great Thanksgiving.

> >

> > My name is Laurie and I live in Sullivan County in NY state. I'm

> married and have two children ages 25 and 16.

> >

> > On Wednesday I was shocked to find out that I've tested positive

for

> Hep C. The doctor immediately sent me for additional blood work to

> determine viral load and genotype... I'm sure there were other tests

> involved but I just can't recall them at this moment.

> >

> > This news is quite devastating and I hope that the test results

will

> be in my favor and not that of the disease.... not likely, I

suppose.

> So now I've set out to learn all that I can about Hep C so that I

can

> make life changes if need be. The wait is going to be pure hell! I

> still have no idea how I may have contracted this, though I have

> worked with the developmentally disabled and with geriatric

> psychiatric patients in the past. My liver enzymes have been off for

> at least 15 years but I've not been previously tested for hepatitis.

> >

> > Guess that's about it for now - I'll keep reading posts and

continue

> to absorb all that I can.

> >

> > Thanks for reading,

> >

> > -Laurie

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

Guest guest

Laurie...you are in " God's country " . I grew up in Dutchess County,

and used to go to the Catskill Game Farm as a child. Took my own kids

there when they were little. Too bad it closed down! Anyway, the

Catskills are beautiful, and you are fortunate to be there.

>

> Hi Ally -

>

> I feel like I've found the right group for the info that I'll be

needing. Waiting on test results is proving to be quite difficult - I

like to get things in order and moving as quickly as possible.

>

> You're probably directly north of me - Sullivan county sits along

the PA border. I live in the Catskill foothills, overlooking the

Delaware river. I can stand on my front porch and look over into the

PA Poconos. We're in the boonies and have to travel to shop, for doc

appointments, etc., but I wouldn't change a thing. I lived in a city

until 6 years ago - I don't miss the noisy, hectic city life one

little bit! :-)

>

> -Laurie

> Re: Intro

>

>

> Hi Laurie,

>

> You have found a great group to get information from and a lot of

support. I too remember how scared I was when I first found out so my

heart goes out to you. I am currently on treatment and have cleared

the virus. Nice to meet another east coaster, :) . I live near

Buffalo, NY, not sure where Sullivan County is...

>

> Ally

>

Guest guest

Laurie, sounds like your head is in the " right place " for healing. I

agree about wishing I knew earlier that I had hep c - I sure wouldn't

have been drinking wine every weekend - but you can't look back. Just

move forward with PURPOSE...to fight. I have found over the past few

months that the dragon will often back down when confronted.

A positive attitude is so important; spirituality also helps many

people, myself among them. For those who aren't spiritual, or who

don't find relaxation and peace in prayer and meditation, yoga or

qidong can help relieve stress.

Be strong!

Blessings,

>

> Hi Sue,

>

> Thanks for the nice welcome.

>

> I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol

experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was sick

for several days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't had

an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was

present at that time.... probably!

>

> I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate with

very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out about

this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage

that it'll be minimal or none at all.

>

> I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress

and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work outside

of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this disease

is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing here

at home on occasion and those tasks can be done at my convenience -

this is good, too.

>

> I'll be paying very close attention to all posts within the group!

I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here.

>

> Thanks again,

>

> -Laurie

>

>

>

> > Hi Laurie!

> >

> > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right

where

> > you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I will

tell

> > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you a

> > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your area.

> >

> > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil,

etc.! And

> > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume,

inhale,

> > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.

> >

> > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you MUST

> > become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised if,

at

> > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms and

the

> > disease than your own doctor.

> >

> > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help more

than

> > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through your

> > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax you, it

> > actually massages and stimulates the liver!

> >

> > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens the

> > immune system and that is something you don't need!

> >

> > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in this

> > group who have been there, done that. No question is too small or

big,

> > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!

> >

> > God Bless You,

> >

>

Guest guest

Laurie:

The makers of Maximum Milk Thistle are in your neck of the woods

(Montgomery, NY)...go to www.liversupport.com.

>

> Thanks Jax -

>

> I'll be gathering all medical info, for sure! I'll also hunt down

the Milk Thistle and start taking it ASAP. The doctor's office staff

act like I'm causing them a major disturbance when I ask for copies -

too bad for them! They also charge by the page - 75 cents to a

dollar each. Doesn't matter, I have to have the info. The

gastroenterologists office is supposed to have my paperwork ready for

me this week. Hope they remember to put the most recent test results

with the packet.

>

> Good to be here - shame that I had to find you all because of this

disease, though.

>

> -Laurie

>

>

> Hi Laurie

> Welcome to the group hon and I hope you will find the support

here that we all hope to offer to you!

> I remember how scared I was when I was diagnosed over 5 years

ago,, I did treatment and am clear of the virus now almost 4 years!

I will be tested again in Feb.

> What I can tell you is that most ppl who have this disease die

NOT FROM it but with it. Yes you will have lots more blood tests and

most likely a liver biopsy that sounds a lot more scarey than what it

is. A biopsy is the ONLY way to know exactly what kind of damage you

may or may not have. I had this disease for 23 years before I was

diagnosed and when I found out, I did have a lot of damage. I also

know many others who have had this 30 plus years and have very little

damage.

> What you can do for yourself now is to make sure you stop

consuming all forms of alcohol as the alcohol makes the virus

replicate twice as fast.Remember that everything you eat, drink,

breathe or put on your skin has to go through the liver. Watch the

amounts of meds you take, especially over the counter meds and make

sure that your docs know everything you are taking. Milk Thistle is

a good item to start taking immediately as it helps your own liver

deal with the virus better. It wont kill the virus but it will help

your liver from getting more damaged. Gather all your medical info,

what we advise is to start your own file at home and get copies of

EVERYTHING that has to do with YOUR hep c and all your labs, your

biopsy , ultrasound etc. Also when you have everything, you can

refer to it and even bring them here if you need to ask questions.

> Please feel free to ask us any questions and if we dont know the

answer, we do know where to find the answers. We have lots of

medical ppl here so we can hopefully help you.

> once again, welcome hon!

> I am Jax, Im one of the moderators here, Liz is our researcher,

anne is one of the other moderators and Janet is our owner. Doug

is the other owner but we dont see him too much, he is pretty

quiet..lol.. maybe with all us girls he can't get a word in

edgewise,, lol,,,

> bye for now,

> jax

>

Guest guest

Welcome to the group

Best place for support...

Drinking- I'm not a big drinker either... actually haven't drank in

alomost 5 years... Sadly when I found that I have HCV (10 years ago)

I went out and still drank knowing it was bad but I was going

through dealing with it...Dumb move but again I am not a drinker at

all.

:-)

Sparkling Cider and Grape juice is fine with me...LOL

> >

> > Hi Sue,

> >

> > Thanks for the nice welcome.

> >

> > I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol

> experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was

sick

> for several days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't

had

> an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was

> present at that time.... probably!

> >

> > I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate

with

> very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out

about

> this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage

> that it'll be minimal or none at all.

> >

> > I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress

> and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work

outside

> of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this

disease

> is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing

here

> at home on occasion and those tasks can be done at my convenience -

> this is good, too.

> >

> > I'll be paying very close attention to all posts within the

group!

> I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here.

> >

> > Thanks again,

> >

> > -Laurie

> >

> > Re: Intro

> >

> >

> > > Hi Laurie!

> > >

> > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right

> where

> > > you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I

will

> tell

> > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you

a

> > > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your

area.

> > >

> > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil,

> etc.! And

> > > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume,

> inhale,

> > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.

> > >

> > > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you

MUST

> > > become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised

if,

> at

> > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms

and

> the

> > > disease than your own doctor.

> > >

> > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help

more

> than

> > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through

your

> > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax

you, it

> > > actually massages and stimulates the liver!

> > >

> > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens

the

> > > immune system and that is something you don't need!

> > >

> > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in

this

> > > group who have been there, done that. No question is too small

or

> big,

> > > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!

> > >

> > > God Bless You,

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

My dd's therapist has been working with her since May and I have seen a WORLD of difference in agression to her younger brother and meltdowns around home and/or directed at me. What has done with her is when she is fairly calm (she hates "therapy" so is usually a little "in a mood" when it is going on) is ask her how she knows she is getting mad, are there physical signs, certain things she thinks or does..... Pretty down to the little details, then she said ok, now you know how to tell when you are getting close to melting down or so angry you are going to be violent, what can you do to NOT get that way. Of course the answers started with "everyone should just leave me alone", everyone should just do what I want etc but she kept at her and they finally worked out some things she could do and signals to me so I would know when she was not just running off to her room or taking off instead of walking outside for a few minutes etc, these are what she is to do to

avoid getting too angry or melting down. I am sure they would vary from child to child, what they find relaxing/soothing to calm down and get hold of what they are feeling and why. OH, that is another large part of it, she asked her to try to identify WHY she was mad, was it me or her sister or brother or some frustration carrying over from school etc? That helps because then if she is calm and identifies the source of her frustration/anger and it is not us, she can talk to me about it and we can decide what to do etc and if it is something we are doing, well is it something that it is reasonable to expect us to change or something she has to accept? I really have seen a different girl since this started to work. We still have episodes and issues as anyone does but I feel they are more "typical" teenage things than the AS and I can take that! I am not sure how well I explained this, if anyone has any questions, you can email me off list and I

will try to be clearer. Also remember this was not an overnight thing, I think it took a couple months to sink in and we still have to remind her sometimes. I guess it is basically giving her a different set of "acceptable" behaviors to substitute for the inappropriate ones and we all know that it takes time to get those reactions changed from habit~ Good luck and God bless! DeeDee & Godfrey <wmgodfrey@...> wrote: We are trying to handle this by catching the meltdown before it starts but of course, this is sometimes impossible. We are fortunate that is an unathletic 9 year old and his brother is a very athletic 12 year old. He is not aggressive at all but he can hold off or run from him! It's all very unfair to our 12 year old () and he really gets upset that his brother is mean to him but we keep trying to explain it to him. And we keep working with , talking to him, keeping him from letting the frustration level getting so high he wants to take it out on his brother. We don't have any real solid solutions, we're just taking it a day at a time and praying lots!! We do see a psychologist on a regular basis and I've noticed he is handling things a bit better. The meltdowns are getting further

apart. Not sure if this is due to our visits with her or maybe that he is getting older and able to handle things. Maybe a combination of both. It must be tough with your kids being younger. didn't display too much aggression against his brother until he was about 5 or 6 which is when we started getting him tested, thinking he had some anger problems. Had never heard of aspergers but boy, we've learned a lot!! Estevan, Saskatchewan Canada -- RE: Intro My almost 14 yr old AS daughter goes all Jekyll and Hyde on my almost 7 yr old PDD nos son but is fine with other kids his age and younger. most of the time she can't stand him, doesn't want him near her, her room, her things, her mom although that has gotten better with age but then every once in a blue moon, she is all lovey dovey and wants to play with him, read to him or do some activity with him and it FREAKS HIM OUT! I do not blame him, she does not get that these rapid mood swings and/or atypical behaviors can throw people off. She does get very jealous though that he gets invited to friends, to bday parties etc cuz she doesn't and never really has due to her AS she is not very social. He is PDD nos which in his case means he is pretty much exactly like his sister except that he is more social. (thus the invites etc) There was a

time when I actually feared she would hurt him on purpose, now I just have to worry re meltdowns and really is there anything more than TWO kids on the spectrum having a meltdown at once!!! UGGGHHH (Again, please note the sarcasm! LOL) Well that is my two cents worth. DeeDeecrystal visneski <mvlcrystal > wrote: I have a 13 yro asd son, and he cannot for the life of him, understand my 5 yro nt daughter! He didnt experience a lot of the things that she has, like issues with friends, or trying to fit in at Kindegarten. I thought I was alone ! Crystal MNCharlotte <scottdesignsadelphia (DOT) net> wrote: My 13 year old AS son HATES my 5 year old nt daughter! And I mean HATES her! It is hard and it is constant fighting. I can’t imagine if there were 2 more younger than her what he would do. Doesn’t the state provide any respite money given fo children? Which state are you in, I may have some additional resources for you. Feel free to e if you feel more comfortable. Charlotte Hello, Thanks for allowing me to join this community. I look forward to getting to know all of you. Peace, Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster. Sponsored LinkDon't quit your job - take classes online and earn your degree in 1 year. Start Today Do I like my coffee black? Are there any other colours? ~Author Unknown

Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

Guest guest

Hi, thanks! Lots of good ideas in there that we will be trying!! Glad it's working for you!!

-- RE: Intro

My dd's therapist has been working with her since May and I have seen a WORLD of difference in agression to her younger brother and meltdowns around home and/or directed at me. What has done with her is when she is fairly calm (she hates "therapy" so is usually a little "in a mood" when it is going on) is ask her how she knows she is getting mad, are there physical signs, certain things she thinks or does..... Pretty down to the little details, then she said ok, now you know how to tell when you are getting close to melting down or so angry you are going to be violent, what can you do to NOT get that way. Of course the answers started with "everyone should just leave me alone", everyone should just do what I want etc but she kept at her and they finally worked out some things she could do and signals to me so I would know when she was not just running off to her room or taking off instead of walking outside for a few minutes etc, these are what she is to do avoid getting too angry or melting down. I am sure they would vary from child to child, what they find relaxing/soothing to calm down and get hold of what they are feeling and why. OH, that is another large part of it, she asked her to try to identify WHY she was mad, was it me or her sister or brother or some frustration carrying over from school etc? That helps because then if she is calm and identifies the source of her frustration/anger and it is not us, she can talk to me about it and we can decide what to do etc and if it is something we are doing, well is it something that it is reasonable to expect us to change or something she has to accept? I really have seen a different girl since this started to work. We still have episodes and issues as anyone does but I feel they are more "typical" teenage things than the AS and I can take that!

I am not sure how well I explained this, if anyone has any questions, you can email me off list and I will try to be clearer. Also remember this was not an overnight thing, I think it took a couple months to sink in and we still have to remind her sometimes. I guess it is basically giving her a different set of "acceptable" behaviors to substitute for the inappropriate ones and we all know that it takes time to get those reactions changed from habit~

Good luck and God bless! DeeDee & Godfrey <wmgodfreysasktel (DOT) net> wrote:

We are trying to handle this by catching the meltdown before it starts but of course, this is sometimes impossible. We are fortunate that is an unathletic 9 year apart. Not sure if this is due to our visits with her or maybe that he is getting older and able to handle things. Maybe a combination of both.

It must be tough with your kids being younger. didn't display too much aggression against his brother until he was about 5 or 6 which is when we started getting him tested, thinking he had some anger problems. Had never heard of aspergers but boy, we've learned a lot!!

Estevan, Saskatchewan

Canada

-------Original Message-------

Date: 11/19/06 16:50:25

& Godfrey <wmgodfreysasktel (DOT) net> wrote:

My AS 9 year old sometimes goes after his 12 year old NT brother and we really thought he had a hate on for him but we are realizing that is not the case. He loves his brother but ... he tends to keep everything inside all day at school, rarely showing any emotions. Big brother has become a sort of target at home for to release all the tensions, frustrations etc brought on by school or whatever is going on. We are trying to work on these frustrations to get them out before a meltdown occurs. Then big brother is safe!! When doesn't have the frustrations he and his brother play togeth really great! It's like night and day, really, the way they can be best friends one minute, and the next, is going after him in a very fierce way! Hopefully we will be able to teach him better ways to handle the frustrations. It is very hard on big brother as he never knows if they are best friends or if he's a target.

Estevan, Saskatchewan

Canada

-------Original Message-------

Date: 11/16/06 12:42:04

Autism and Aspergers Treatment

I have a 13 yro asd son, and he cannot for the life of him, understand my 5 yro nt daughter! He didnt experience a lot of the things that she has, like issues with friends, or trying to fit in at Kindegarten.

I thought I was alone !

Crystal

MNCharlotte <scottdesignsadelphia (DOT) net> wrote:

My 13 year old AS son HATES my 5 year old nt daughter! And I mean HATES her! It is hard and it is constant fighting.

I can’t imagine if there were 2 more younger than her what he would do.

Doesn’t the state provide any respite money given fo children? Which state are you in, I may have some additional resources for you. Feel free to e if you feel more comfortable.

Peace,

Sponsored LinkDon't quit your job - take classes online and Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

Guest guest

NO ONE can say FOR SURE but do YOU REALLY WANT TO RISK IT? ESPECIALLY DURRING the first 12 weeks? Alcohol makes the virus replicate twice as fast, its like pouring lighter fluid on a fire,,, and your doc "could" stop your treatment if he finds out that you are consuming ANY alcohol and it really CAN possibly affect your tx outcome.... Listen, tx is not forever,,, and IF YOU have any damage, even after tx the alcohol will cause further damage and stress to your liver,, is the alcohol ALL THAT IMPORTANT? I sure would NOT risk it ! but thats just my 2 cents!Kerri Landress <kerrilandress@...> wrote: About drinking... I quit drinking since I started tx 6 weeks ago. I was not a big drinker- no problems- just enjoyed coctails with friends on the weekends, and would order a glass of wine at dinner, etc. I was just wondering, if I went to a party and drank 2 glasses of wine, will I be doomed for failure on tx? I know it's a no-no to drink... I just wanted to know what would happen?norah2386 <norah2386 > wrote: Welcome to the groupBest place for support...Drinking- I'm not a big drinker either... actually haven't drank in alomost 5 years... Sadly when I found that I have HCV (10 years ago) I went out and still drank knowing it was bad but I was going through dealing

with it...Dumb move but again I am not a drinker at all. :-)Sparkling Cider and Grape juice is fine with me...LOL > >> > Hi Sue,> > > > Thanks for the nice welcome. > > > > I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol > experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was sick > for several days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't had > an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was > present at that time.... probably!> > > > I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate with > very carefully from now on. I just wish I could have found out about > this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage > that

it'll be minimal or none at all.> > > > I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress > and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work outside > of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this disease > is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing here > at home on occasion and those tasks can be done at my convenience -> this is good, too.> > > > I'll be paying very close attention to all posts within the group! > I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here. > > > > Thanks again,> > > > -Laurie> > > > Re: Intro> > > > > > > Hi Laurie!> > > > > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right > where> > > you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I will > tell> > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you a> > > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your area.> > > > > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, > etc.! And> > > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, > inhale,> > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.> > > > > > Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you MUST> > > become your own advocate for your health.

Don't be surprised if, > at> > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms and > the> > > disease than your own doctor.> > > > > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help more > than> > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through your> > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax you, it> > > actually massages and stimulates the liver!> > > > > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens the> > > immune system and that is something you don't need!> > > > > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in this> > > group who have been there, done that. No question is too small or > big,> > > and if they don't know the answer

they try and find out!> > > > > > God Bless You,> > > > >> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Jackie

Guest guest

What my doctor told me is that Alcohol cause the virus to florish. So while on treatment, after treatment would you want to drink?? So many other ways of celebrating that will not effect the virus. Those grape juice non alcoholic wines, non alcoholic beer for those that like the taste of beer. Have to say I have drank some ODouls (that is non alcoholic beer) but I prefer the Coors brand of non alcoholic beer. I like the taste of beer, I admit it. I don't need the buzz to be happy. So I can drive home after fishing all day with my friends. Ain't it great to be a DD (designated driver). All your soft drinks are free at a club or Bar, and you get to laugh at the drunks. LOL Love JanetJackie on <redjaxjm@...>

wrote: NO ONE can say FOR SURE but do YOU REALLY WANT TO RISK IT? ESPECIALLY DURRING the first 12 weeks? Alcohol makes the virus replicate twice as fast, its like pouring lighter fluid on a fire,,, and your doc "could" stop your treatment if he finds out that you are consuming ANY alcohol and it really CAN possibly affect your tx outcome.... Listen, tx is not forever,,, and IF YOU have any damage, even after tx the alcohol will cause further damage and stress to your liver,, is the alcohol ALL THAT IMPORTANT? I

sure would NOT risk it ! but thats just my 2 cents!Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: About drinking... I quit drinking since I started tx 6 weeks ago. I was not a big drinker- no problems- just enjoyed coctails with friends on the weekends, and would order a glass of wine at dinner, etc. I was just wondering, if I went to a party and drank 2 glasses of wine, will I be doomed for failure on tx? I know it's a no-no to drink... I just wanted to know what would happen?norah2386 <norah2386 > wrote: Welcome to the groupBest place for support...Drinking- I'm not a big drinker either... actually haven't drank in alomost 5 years...

Sadly when I found that I have HCV (10 years ago) I went out and still drank knowing it was bad but I was going through dealing with it...Dumb move but again I am not a drinker at all. :-)Sparkling Cider and Grape juice is fine with me...LOL > >> > Hi Sue,> > > > Thanks for the nice welcome. > > > > I stopped drinking in the early 90's after a bad alcohol > experience. Two (strong) drinks knocked me on my butt and I was sick > for several days afterwards. That was enough for me so I haven't had > an alcoholic beverage since. Makes me wonder if the disease was > present at that time.... probably!> > > > I'll be considering everything that I eat, drink or medicate with > very carefully from now on. I

just wish I could have found out about > this much, much earlier. I'm hoping that if there is liver damage > that it'll be minimal or none at all.> > > > I've gotten hold of a few meditation CDs to try to reduce stress > and will be giving one or two a try later today. I don't work outside > of our home so that's a plus in a lot of ways insofar as this disease > is concerned. I do some website maintenance and graphic editing here > at home on occasion and those tasks can be done at my convenience -> this is good, too.> > > > I'll be paying very close attention to all posts within the group! > I'm sure I'm going to learn lots from everyone here. > > > > Thanks again,> > > > -Laurie> > > > Re: Intro> > > > > > > Hi Laurie!> > > > > > Welcome to the Group! You are in the right place...I was right > where> > > you are just 3 months ago - shocked, scared and confused. I will > tell> > > you that knowledge is power for sure. This group will help you a> > > lot,and I also encourage you to find a support group in your area.> > > > > > If you haven't already - Stop drinking alcohol, even Nyquil, > etc.! And> > > start eating medicinally, remembering everything you consume, > inhale,> > > etc. can either help or hurt your liver.> > > > > >

Read everything you can, and get used to to the idea that you MUST> > > become your own advocate for your health. Don't be surprised if, > at> > > times, you feel like you know more about your body, symptoms and > the> > > disease than your own doctor.> > > > > > Be positive, and embrace your faith in God. This will help more > than> > > you can imagine. Learn to breathe, really breathe, in through your> > > nose, and out through your mouth. Not only will this relax you, it> > > actually massages and stimulates the liver!> > > > > > I know it is hard to relax, but you have to - stress weakens the> > > immune system and that is something you don't need!> > > > > > Finally - listen to Jackie, Janet, Liz and the other folks in this> > > group

who have been there, done that. No question is too small or > big,> > > and if they don't know the answer they try and find out!> > > > > > God Bless You,> > > > >> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited. Jackie Take the ordinary things

of life, and make them your own. Do the impossible with a smile

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.