RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Jax

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow, I just learned something new.. What do you find different or better about the Liver Essentials, Jax? Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: yes it does help,, Ill send you via private email a copy about Milk Thistle and the 'kind' of mt that is the best.. I know of 2 kinds for sure that contain this kind of formulation,, I know most ppl take the Maximum Milk Thistle because its one of the two forumulations and its cheaper than the

kind that I take,, but I take Liver Essentials by Unicity and I feel that IT IS the BEST forumulation one can buy, but as I said, it is a bit more expensive than Maximum Milk Thistle. Please re-consider whether or not to take it.. you are welcome, jackie Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: So Milk Thistle does help. I was talked out of it awhile back. I forgot why I cannot start tx until my major depression is under control. I did not think the formula was that easy, but it makes sense. Thanks Jackie IJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well this is just a guess , but if they rate it like

that and say that 1to1 is an equal risk, then 1.63 is one and two thirds increased risk, not double... I think... What are you taking? Are you doing tx? I cant remember so please refresh my mind... are you taking Milk Thistle? It is proven to help lower your LFT's and reduce the inflammation and its the inflammation that causes the damage.. Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: Hey Guys.. I am usually pretty good with numbers, but what is a 1.63 and 1.73 mortality rate. Is this a % of 100 or is there some formula that gives you the mortality in a percentage. I am more then double on both AST 121, and ALT 81. As you know normal is (0-40)elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: High ALT/AST Increases Mortality Risk“Risk of Mortality and Elevated Serum Aminotransferasesâ€Gastroenterology Feb 2007Les Langpublished online 3 February 2007. Peek and K. Rajender Reddy, Section EditorsElevated serum aminotransferases, such as ALT and AST, may predict mortality in the general population, according to researchers led by W. Ray Kim, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota.At the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 57th Annual Meeting on October 30, 2006, Dr Kim presented data on 18,330 community residents who had AST levels measured at least once in 1995. Of these, 15,991 had normal results and 2339 had elevated AST levels. Also in 1995, 6792 residents had ALT levels measured, and of these, 907 had

elevated values.“Serum concentrations of aminotransferases are commonly used as indicators of liver disease. We evaluated these enzymes as predictors of survival at the population level,†Dr Kim and colleagues said. The study found “a significant increase in the standardized mortality ratio with increasing AST and ALT levels, whereas a normal AST or ALT level was associated with a risk of death lower than expected.â€To exclude patients with abnormal results because of a terminal illness, deaths within the first 2 years were excluded from the study. Standardized mortality ratio was used to assess the risk of death.AST levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.79 and ALT levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.63. The study showed a near-linear relationship between AST and ALT values and subsequent risk of death in both genders, Dr Kim

said. “Chronic liver disease is the 10th most common cause of death in the United States. ALT may identify patients at risk of death from liver disease early in their disease.â€The researcher suggested that AST and ALT screening be included in the evaluation of patients. “Serum levels of AST and ALT are predictive of future mortality in community populations. These data suggest that screening for abnormal AST or ALT should be considered an important component of the general medical examination.†It appears that we are at a stage where we see an analogy between the value of testing for cholesterol in the general population and evaluating for abnormal transaminases.For further details, see “Serum Aminotransferase Concentrations and Risk of Mortality in a Community Population.†AASLD 57th Annual Meeting, October 27-30, 2006; Boston, MA. Abstract #95. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Jackie 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Jackie

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta.

Guest guest

Liver Essentials has schizzandra fruit, and some other "proprietary formula" in it.. Maximum Milk Thistle only has the siliphos bound MT... Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: Wow, I just learned something new.. What do you find different or better about the Liver Essentials, Jax? Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes it does help,, Ill send you via private email a copy about Milk Thistle and the 'kind' of mt that is the best.. I know of 2 kinds for sure that contain this kind of formulation,, I know most ppl take the Maximum Milk Thistle because its one of the two forumulations and its cheaper than the kind that I take,, but I take Liver Essentials by Unicity and I feel that IT IS the BEST forumulation one can buy, but as I said, it is a bit more expensive than Maximum Milk Thistle. Please re-consider whether or not to take it.. you are welcome, jackie Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: So Milk Thistle does help. I was talked out of it awhile back. I forgot why I cannot start tx until my major depression is under control. I did not think the formula was that easy, but it makes sense. Thanks Jackie IJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well this is just a guess , but if they rate it like that and say that 1to1 is an equal risk, then 1.63 is one and two thirds increased risk, not double... I think... What are you taking? Are you doing tx? I cant remember so please refresh my mind... are you taking Milk Thistle? It is proven to help lower your LFT's and reduce the inflammation and its the inflammation that causes the damage.. Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: Hey Guys.. I am usually pretty good with numbers, but what is a 1.63 and

1.73 mortality rate. Is this a % of 100 or is there some formula that gives you the mortality in a percentage. I am more then double on both AST 121, and ALT 81. As you know normal is (0-40)elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: High ALT/AST Increases Mortality Risk“Risk of Mortality and Elevated Serum Aminotransferasesâ€Gastroenterology Feb 2007Les Langpublished online 3 February 2007. Peek and K. Rajender Reddy, Section EditorsElevated serum aminotransferases, such as ALT and AST, may predict mortality in the general population, according to researchers led by W. Ray Kim, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota.At the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases

(AASLD) 57th Annual Meeting on October 30, 2006, Dr Kim presented data on 18,330 community residents who had AST levels measured at least once in 1995. Of these, 15,991 had normal results and 2339 had elevated AST levels. Also in 1995, 6792 residents had ALT levels measured, and of these, 907 had elevated values.“Serum concentrations of aminotransferases are commonly used as indicators of liver disease. We evaluated these enzymes as predictors of survival at the population level,†Dr Kim and colleagues said. The study found “a significant increase in the standardized mortality ratio with increasing AST and ALT levels, whereas a normal AST or ALT level was associated with a risk of death lower than expected.â€To exclude patients with abnormal results because of a terminal illness, deaths within the first 2 years were excluded from the study. Standardized mortality ratio was used to assess the risk of

death.AST levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.79 and ALT levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.63. The study showed a near-linear relationship between AST and ALT values and subsequent risk of death in both genders, Dr Kim said. “Chronic liver disease is the 10th most common cause of death in the United States. ALT may identify patients at risk of death from liver disease early in their disease.â€The researcher suggested that AST and ALT screening be included in the evaluation of patients. “Serum levels of AST and ALT are predictive of future mortality in community populations. These data suggest that screening for abnormal AST or ALT should be considered an important component of the general medical examination.†It appears that we are at a stage where we see an analogy between the value of testing for cholesterol in the general

population and evaluating for abnormal transaminases.For further details, see “Serum Aminotransferase Concentrations and Risk of Mortality in a Community Population.†AASLD 57th Annual Meeting, October 27-30, 2006; Boston, MA. Abstract #95. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Jackie 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie

showtime shortcut. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie

Guest guest

I meant in what way does it make you feel better, or heal your liver better than the other? The word "proprietary" scares me. I ordered a sleep aid like that and it turned out instead of Melatonin being the main ingredient, it was Valerian, which is not good for those of us with Hep C.. :-o Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Liver Essentials has schizzandra fruit, and some other "proprietary formula" in it.. Maximum Milk Thistle only has the siliphos bound MT... Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Wow, I just learned something new.. What do you find different or better about the Liver Essentials, Jax? Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes it does help,, Ill send you via private email a copy about Milk Thistle and the 'kind' of mt that is the best.. I know of 2 kinds for sure that contain this kind of formulation,, I know

most ppl take the Maximum Milk Thistle because its one of the two forumulations and its cheaper than the kind that I take,, but I take Liver Essentials by Unicity and I feel that IT IS the BEST forumulation one can buy, but as I said, it is a bit more expensive than Maximum Milk Thistle. Please re-consider whether or not to take it.. you are welcome, jackie Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: So Milk Thistle does help. I was talked out of it awhile back. I forgot why I cannot start tx until my major depression is under control. I did not think the formula was that easy, but it makes sense. Thanks Jackie IJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well this is just a guess , but if they rate it like that and say that 1to1 is an equal risk, then 1.63 is one and two thirds increased risk, not double... I think... What are you taking? Are you doing tx? I cant remember so please refresh my mind... are you taking Milk Thistle? It is proven to help lower your LFT's and reduce the inflammation and its the inflammation that causes the damage.. Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: Hey Guys.. I am usually pretty good with numbers, but what is a 1.63 and 1.73 mortality rate. Is this a % of 100 or is there some formula that gives you the mortality in a percentage. I am more then double on both AST 121, and ALT 81. As you know normal is (0-40)elizabethnv1

<elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: High ALT/AST Increases Mortality Risk“Risk of Mortality and Elevated Serum Aminotransferasesâ€Gastroenterology Feb 2007Les Langpublished online 3 February 2007. Peek and K. Rajender Reddy, Section EditorsElevated serum aminotransferases, such as ALT and AST, may predict mortality in the general population, according to researchers led by W. Ray Kim, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota.At the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 57th Annual Meeting on October 30, 2006, Dr Kim presented data on 18,330 community residents who had AST levels measured at least once in 1995. Of these, 15,991 had normal results and 2339 had elevated

AST levels. Also in 1995, 6792 residents had ALT levels measured, and of these, 907 had elevated values.“Serum concentrations of aminotransferases are commonly used as indicators of liver disease. We evaluated these enzymes as predictors of survival at the population level,†Dr Kim and colleagues said. The study found “a significant increase in the standardized mortality ratio with increasing AST and ALT levels, whereas a normal AST or ALT level was associated with a risk of death lower than expected.â€To exclude patients with abnormal results because of a terminal illness, deaths within the first 2 years were excluded from the study. Standardized mortality ratio was used to assess the risk of death.AST levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.79 and ALT levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.63. The study showed a near-linear

relationship between AST and ALT values and subsequent risk of death in both genders, Dr Kim said. “Chronic liver disease is the 10th most common cause of death in the United States. ALT may identify patients at risk of death from liver disease early in their disease.â€The researcher suggested that AST and ALT screening be included in the evaluation of patients. “Serum levels of AST and ALT are predictive of future mortality in community populations. These data suggest that screening for abnormal AST or ALT should be considered an important component of the general medical examination.†It appears that we are at a stage where we see an analogy between the value of testing for cholesterol in the general population and evaluating for abnormal transaminases.For further details, see “Serum Aminotransferase Concentrations and Risk of Mortality in a Community Population.†AASLD 57th Annual Meeting,

October 27-30, 2006; Boston, MA. Abstract #95. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Jackie 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Jackie Expecting? Get great

news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q&A.

Guest guest

I know what you mean,, but this blend is what is proprietary,, I threw out my bottle after I ordered my last order so until it arrives I can't tell you whats in it specifically, but rest assurred that I did fully check it out before I started taking it and I actually spoke with Rik Deitch who, at that time , was the man who did the formulation and we spoke about my hep and my need to be sure that anything in there was totally liver safe.. it is.. I also have another friend from another bb who is a science/biology teacher who also investigated it and he takes it as well,, he also assurred me that this is an excellent forumulation... so IM VERY comfortable with it,, but WE also know that Maximum Milk Thistle is excellent too because BOTH formulations have the siliphos bound MT in them. How did it make me feel better,, well thats hard to say specifically.. What I surmise is that when my LFT's fell by half that because the inflammation was greatly reduced, I

did feel better,, its so hard to say,, I also noted that when I started tx, by week 2 ALL MY LEG PAINS and aches were GONE... they are back now,, but that is from the auto-immune that the INF CAUSED.. but just in the effort of getting this answer off to you, Ill send it now and then Ill go and find out what is in the blend... and then Ill post it,, lol, jaxSheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: I meant in what way does it make you feel better, or heal your liver better than the other? The word "proprietary" scares me. I ordered a sleep aid like that and it turned out instead of Melatonin being the main ingredient, it was Valerian, which is not good for those of us with Hep C.. :-o Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Liver Essentials has schizzandra fruit, and some other "proprietary formula" in it.. Maximum Milk Thistle only has the siliphos bound MT... Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Wow, I just learned something new.. What do you find different or better about the Liver Essentials, Jax? Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes it does help,, Ill send you via private email a copy about Milk Thistle and the 'kind' of mt that is the best.. I know of 2 kinds for sure that contain this kind of formulation,, I know most ppl take the Maximum Milk Thistle because its one of the two forumulations and its cheaper than the kind that I take,, but I take Liver Essentials by Unicity and I feel that IT IS the BEST forumulation one can buy, but as I said, it is a bit more expensive than Maximum Milk Thistle. Please re-consider whether or not to take it.. you are welcome, jackie Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: So Milk Thistle does help. I was talked out of it awhile back. I forgot why I cannot start tx until my major depression is under control. I did not think the formula was that easy, but it makes sense. Thanks Jackie IJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well this is just a guess , but if they rate it like that and say that 1to1 is an equal risk, then 1.63 is one and two thirds increased risk, not double... I think... What are you taking? Are you doing tx? I cant remember so please refresh my mind... are you taking Milk Thistle? It is proven to help lower

your LFT's and reduce the inflammation and its the inflammation that causes the damage.. Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: Hey Guys.. I am usually pretty good with numbers, but what is a 1.63 and 1.73 mortality rate. Is this a % of 100 or is there some formula that gives you the mortality in a percentage. I am more then double on both AST 121, and ALT 81. As you know normal is (0-40)elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: High ALT/AST Increases Mortality Risk“Risk of Mortality and Elevated Serum Aminotransferasesâ€Gastroenterology Feb 2007Les Langpublished online 3 February

2007. Peek and K. Rajender Reddy, Section EditorsElevated serum aminotransferases, such as ALT and AST, may predict mortality in the general population, according to researchers led by W. Ray Kim, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota.At the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 57th Annual Meeting on October 30, 2006, Dr Kim presented data on 18,330 community residents who had AST levels measured at least once in 1995. Of these, 15,991 had normal results and 2339 had elevated AST levels. Also in 1995, 6792 residents had ALT levels measured, and of these, 907 had elevated values.“Serum concentrations of aminotransferases are commonly used as indicators of liver disease. We evaluated these enzymes as predictors of survival at the population level,†Dr Kim and colleagues said. The study found “a significant

increase in the standardized mortality ratio with increasing AST and ALT levels, whereas a normal AST or ALT level was associated with a risk of death lower than expected.â€To exclude patients with abnormal results because of a terminal illness, deaths within the first 2 years were excluded from the study. Standardized mortality ratio was used to assess the risk of death.AST levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.79 and ALT levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.63. The study showed a near-linear relationship between AST and ALT values and subsequent risk of death in both genders, Dr Kim said. “Chronic liver disease is the 10th most common cause of death in the United States. ALT may identify patients at risk of death from liver disease early in their disease.â€The researcher suggested that AST and ALT screening be included in the

evaluation of patients. “Serum levels of AST and ALT are predictive of future mortality in community populations. These data suggest that screening for abnormal AST or ALT should be considered an important component of the general medical examination.†It appears that we are at a stage where we see an analogy between the value of testing for cholesterol in the general population and evaluating for abnormal transaminases.For further details, see “Serum Aminotransferase Concentrations and Risk of Mortality in a Community Population.†AASLD 57th Annual Meeting, October 27-30, 2006; Boston, MA. Abstract #95. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Jackie 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie

Guest guest

Sheena here is the URL to open the page that tells you all about Liver Essentials and you can see what is in it, and the science behind it,, http://www.makelivingbetter.com/?gclid=CMrc4KScnYsCFREfgQodCkU5OASheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: I meant in what way does it make you feel better, or heal your liver better than the other? The word "proprietary" scares me. I ordered a sleep aid like that and it turned out instead of Melatonin being the main ingredient, it was Valerian, which is not good for those of us with Hep C.. :-o Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Liver Essentials has schizzandra fruit, and some other "proprietary formula" in it.. Maximum Milk Thistle only has the siliphos bound MT... Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Wow, I just learned something

new.. What do you find different or better about the Liver Essentials, Jax? Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes it does help,, Ill send you via private email a copy about Milk Thistle and the 'kind' of mt that is the best.. I know of 2 kinds for sure that contain this kind of formulation,, I know most ppl take the Maximum Milk Thistle because its one of the two forumulations and its cheaper than the kind that I take,, but I take Liver Essentials by Unicity and I feel that IT IS the BEST forumulation one can buy, but as I said, it is a bit more expensive than Maximum Milk Thistle. Please re-consider whether or not to take it.. you are welcome, jackie Gray <ggray1956 >

wrote: So Milk Thistle does help. I was talked out of it awhile back. I forgot why I cannot start tx until my major depression is under control. I did not think the formula was that easy, but it makes sense. Thanks Jackie IJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well this is just a guess , but if they rate it like that and say that 1to1 is an equal risk, then 1.63 is one and two thirds increased risk, not double... I think... What are you taking? Are you doing tx? I cant remember so please refresh my mind... are you taking Milk Thistle? It is proven to help lower your LFT's and reduce the inflammation and its the inflammation that causes the

damage.. Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: Hey Guys.. I am usually pretty good with numbers, but what is a 1.63 and 1.73 mortality rate. Is this a % of 100 or is there some formula that gives you the mortality in a percentage. I am more then double on both AST 121, and ALT 81. As you know normal is (0-40)elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: High ALT/AST Increases Mortality Risk“Risk of Mortality and Elevated Serum Aminotransferasesâ€Gastroenterology Feb 2007Les Langpublished online 3 February 2007. Peek and K. Rajender Reddy, Section EditorsElevated serum

aminotransferases, such as ALT and AST, may predict mortality in the general population, according to researchers led by W. Ray Kim, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota.At the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 57th Annual Meeting on October 30, 2006, Dr Kim presented data on 18,330 community residents who had AST levels measured at least once in 1995. Of these, 15,991 had normal results and 2339 had elevated AST levels. Also in 1995, 6792 residents had ALT levels measured, and of these, 907 had elevated values.“Serum concentrations of aminotransferases are commonly used as indicators of liver disease. We evaluated these enzymes as predictors of survival at the population level,†Dr Kim and colleagues said. The study found “a significant increase in the standardized mortality ratio with increasing AST and ALT levels,

whereas a normal AST or ALT level was associated with a risk of death lower than expected.â€To exclude patients with abnormal results because of a terminal illness, deaths within the first 2 years were excluded from the study. Standardized mortality ratio was used to assess the risk of death.AST levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.79 and ALT levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.63. The study showed a near-linear relationship between AST and ALT values and subsequent risk of death in both genders, Dr Kim said. “Chronic liver disease is the 10th most common cause of death in the United States. ALT may identify patients at risk of death from liver disease early in their disease.â€The researcher suggested that AST and ALT screening be included in the evaluation of patients. “Serum levels of AST and ALT are predictive of future

mortality in community populations. These data suggest that screening for abnormal AST or ALT should be considered an important component of the general medical examination.†It appears that we are at a stage where we see an analogy between the value of testing for cholesterol in the general population and evaluating for abnormal transaminases.For further details, see “Serum Aminotransferase Concentrations and Risk of Mortality in a Community Population.†AASLD 57th Annual Meeting, October 27-30, 2006; Boston, MA. Abstract #95. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Jackie 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie

Guest guest

Sheena, on the URL that I posted,, you have to type in Liver Essentials OR go through the products in alphabetical order to find it,, I just checked the URL and it just takes you to one page and its not the one that has the Liver Essentials on it... lol, sorry,, I tried... Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: I know what you mean,, but this blend is what is proprietary,, I threw out my bottle after I ordered my last order so until it arrives I can't tell you whats in it specifically, but rest assurred that I

did fully check it out before I started taking it and I actually spoke with Rik Deitch who, at that time , was the man who did the formulation and we spoke about my hep and my need to be sure that anything in there was totally liver safe.. it is.. I also have another friend from another bb who is a science/biology teacher who also investigated it and he takes it as well,, he also assurred me that this is an excellent forumulation... so IM VERY comfortable with it,, but WE also know that Maximum Milk Thistle is excellent too because BOTH formulations have the siliphos bound MT in them. How did it make me feel better,, well thats hard to say specifically.. What I surmise is that when my LFT's fell by half that because the inflammation was greatly reduced, I did feel better,, its so hard to say,, I also noted that when I started tx, by week 2 ALL MY LEG PAINS and aches were GONE... they are back now,, but that is from the auto-immune that the INF

CAUSED.. but just in the effort of getting this answer off to you, Ill send it now and then Ill go and find out what is in the blend... and then Ill post it,, lol, jaxSheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I meant in what way does it make you feel better, or heal your liver better than the other? The word "proprietary" scares me. I ordered a sleep aid like that and it turned out instead of Melatonin being the main ingredient, it was Valerian, which is not good for those of us with Hep C.. :-o Jackie on

<redjaxjm > wrote: Liver Essentials has schizzandra fruit, and some other "proprietary formula" in it.. Maximum Milk Thistle only has the siliphos bound MT... Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Wow, I just learned something new.. What do you find different or better about the Liver Essentials, Jax? Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes it does help,, Ill send you via private email a copy about Milk Thistle and the 'kind' of mt that is

the best.. I know of 2 kinds for sure that contain this kind of formulation,, I know most ppl take the Maximum Milk Thistle because its one of the two forumulations and its cheaper than the kind that I take,, but I take Liver Essentials by Unicity and I feel that IT IS the BEST forumulation one can buy, but as I said, it is a bit more expensive than Maximum Milk Thistle. Please re-consider whether or not to take it.. you are welcome, jackie Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: So Milk Thistle does help. I was talked out of it awhile back. I forgot why I cannot start tx until my major depression is under control. I did not think the formula was that easy, but it makes sense. Thanks Jackie IJackie on

<redjaxjm > wrote: well this is just a guess , but if they rate it like that and say that 1to1 is an equal risk, then 1.63 is one and two thirds increased risk, not double... I think... What are you taking? Are you doing tx? I cant remember so please refresh my mind... are you taking Milk Thistle? It is proven to help lower your LFT's and reduce the inflammation and its the inflammation that causes the damage.. Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: Hey Guys.. I am usually pretty good with numbers, but what is a 1.63 and 1.73 mortality rate. Is this a % of 100 or is there some formula that gives you the mortality

in a percentage. I am more then double on both AST 121, and ALT 81. As you know normal is (0-40)elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: High ALT/AST Increases Mortality Risk“Risk of Mortality and Elevated Serum Aminotransferasesâ€Gastroenterology Feb 2007Les Langpublished online 3 February 2007. Peek and K. Rajender Reddy, Section EditorsElevated serum aminotransferases, such as ALT and AST, may predict mortality in the general population, according to researchers led by W. Ray Kim, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota.At the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 57th Annual Meeting on October 30, 2006, Dr Kim presented data on 18,330 community

residents who had AST levels measured at least once in 1995. Of these, 15,991 had normal results and 2339 had elevated AST levels. Also in 1995, 6792 residents had ALT levels measured, and of these, 907 had elevated values.“Serum concentrations of aminotransferases are commonly used as indicators of liver disease. We evaluated these enzymes as predictors of survival at the population level,†Dr Kim and colleagues said. The study found “a significant increase in the standardized mortality ratio with increasing AST and ALT levels, whereas a normal AST or ALT level was associated with a risk of death lower than expected.â€To exclude patients with abnormal results because of a terminal illness, deaths within the first 2 years were excluded from the study. Standardized mortality ratio was used to assess the risk of death.AST levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.79

and ALT levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.63. The study showed a near-linear relationship between AST and ALT values and subsequent risk of death in both genders, Dr Kim said. “Chronic liver disease is the 10th most common cause of death in the United States. ALT may identify patients at risk of death from liver disease early in their disease.â€The researcher suggested that AST and ALT screening be included in the evaluation of patients. “Serum levels of AST and ALT are predictive of future mortality in community populations. These data suggest that screening for abnormal AST or ALT should be considered an important component of the general medical examination.†It appears that we are at a stage where we see an analogy between the value of testing for cholesterol in the general population and evaluating for abnormal transaminases.For further details, see “Serum

Aminotransferase Concentrations and Risk of Mortality in a Community Population.†AASLD 57th Annual Meeting, October 27-30, 2006; Boston, MA. Abstract #95. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Jackie 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie Jackie

Guest guest

I followed your Link, here is the info: Interesting combo, but there is only 40 mg of the Milk Thistle, as compared to 240 mg in the Maximum Milk Thistle for 1 capsule, I guess that's why they call it "Maximum", lol.. Liver Essentials Serving Size: 1 Capsule Servings Per Container: 90 Silybin Phytosome™ (Siliphos®, silybin from 40 mg milk thistle and bound to phosphatidylcholine) Proprietary Blend 221.7 mg N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine † Picrorhiza Kurroa Root (standardized to 5% picroside II) † Picrorhiza Kurroa Root (standardized to 5% apocynin) † Schisandra Fruit (standardized to 5% schisandrins) † Green Tea Leaf Extract (standardized to 40% catechins and 25%

EGCg) † Turmeric Root Powdered Extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids) † † Daily Value not established. Amount Per Serving Phytosome™ and Siliphos® are trademarks of Indena S.p.A. Other Ingredients: Cellulose (from natural vegetable fiber), Gelatin Capsule, Strearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, and Magnesium Stearate.Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: I know what you mean,, but this blend is what is proprietary,, I threw out my bottle after I ordered my last order so until it arrives I can't tell you whats in it specifically, but rest assurred that I did fully check it out before I started taking it and I actually spoke with Rik Deitch who, at that time , was the man who did the formulation and we spoke about my hep and my need to be sure that anything in there was totally

liver safe.. it is.. I also have another friend from another bb who is a science/biology teacher who also investigated it and he takes it as well,, he also assurred me that this is an excellent forumulation... so IM VERY comfortable with it,, but WE also know that Maximum Milk Thistle is excellent too because BOTH formulations have the siliphos bound MT in them. How did it make me feel better,, well thats hard to say specifically.. What I surmise is that when my LFT's fell by half that because the inflammation was greatly reduced, I did feel better,, its so hard to say,, I also noted that when I started tx, by week 2 ALL MY LEG PAINS and aches were GONE... they are back now,, but that is from the auto-immune that the INF CAUSED.. but just in the effort of getting this answer off to you, Ill send it now and then Ill go and find out what is in the blend... and then Ill post it,, lol, jaxSheena

<mom4possums2002 > wrote: I meant in what way does it make you feel better, or heal your liver better than the other? The word "proprietary" scares me. I ordered a sleep aid like that and it turned out instead of Melatonin being the main ingredient, it was Valerian, which is not good for those of us with Hep C.. :-o Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Liver Essentials has schizzandra fruit, and some

other "proprietary formula" in it.. Maximum Milk Thistle only has the siliphos bound MT... Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Wow, I just learned something new.. What do you find different or better about the Liver Essentials, Jax? Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes it does help,, Ill send you via private email a copy about Milk Thistle and the 'kind' of mt that is the best.. I know of 2 kinds for sure that contain this kind of formulation,, I know most ppl take the Maximum Milk Thistle because its one of the two forumulations and its cheaper than the kind that I take,, but

I take Liver Essentials by Unicity and I feel that IT IS the BEST forumulation one can buy, but as I said, it is a bit more expensive than Maximum Milk Thistle. Please re-consider whether or not to take it.. you are welcome, jackie Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: So Milk Thistle does help. I was talked out of it awhile back. I forgot why I cannot start tx until my major depression is under control. I did not think the formula was that easy, but it makes sense. Thanks Jackie IJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well this is just a guess , but if they rate it like that and say that 1to1

is an equal risk, then 1.63 is one and two thirds increased risk, not double... I think... What are you taking? Are you doing tx? I cant remember so please refresh my mind... are you taking Milk Thistle? It is proven to help lower your LFT's and reduce the inflammation and its the inflammation that causes the damage.. Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: Hey Guys.. I am usually pretty good with numbers, but what is a 1.63 and 1.73 mortality rate. Is this a % of 100 or is there some formula that gives you the mortality in a percentage. I am more then double on both AST 121, and ALT 81. As you know normal is (0-40)elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: High ALT/AST Increases Mortality Risk“Risk of Mortality and Elevated Serum Aminotransferasesâ€Gastroenterology Feb 2007Les Langpublished online 3 February 2007. Peek and K. Rajender Reddy, Section EditorsElevated serum aminotransferases, such as ALT and AST, may predict mortality in the general population, according to researchers led by W. Ray Kim, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota.At the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 57th Annual Meeting on October 30, 2006, Dr Kim presented data on 18,330 community residents who had AST levels measured at least once in 1995. Of these, 15,991 had normal results and 2339 had elevated AST levels. Also in 1995, 6792 residents had ALT levels measured, and of these, 907 had elevated values.“Serum

concentrations of aminotransferases are commonly used as indicators of liver disease. We evaluated these enzymes as predictors of survival at the population level,†Dr Kim and colleagues said. The study found “a significant increase in the standardized mortality ratio with increasing AST and ALT levels, whereas a normal AST or ALT level was associated with a risk of death lower than expected.â€To exclude patients with abnormal results because of a terminal illness, deaths within the first 2 years were excluded from the study. Standardized mortality ratio was used to assess the risk of death.AST levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.79 and ALT levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.63. The study showed a near-linear relationship between AST and ALT values and subsequent risk of death in both genders, Dr Kim said. “Chronic liver disease is the

10th most common cause of death in the United States. ALT may identify patients at risk of death from liver disease early in their disease.â€The researcher suggested that AST and ALT screening be included in the evaluation of patients. “Serum levels of AST and ALT are predictive of future mortality in community populations. These data suggest that screening for abnormal AST or ALT should be considered an important component of the general medical examination.†It appears that we are at a stage where we see an analogy between the value of testing for cholesterol in the general population and evaluating for abnormal transaminases.For further details, see “Serum Aminotransferase Concentrations and Risk of Mortality in a Community Population.†AASLD 57th Annual Meeting, October 27-30, 2006; Boston, MA. Abstract #95. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Jackie 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email

Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie

Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

Guest guest

True but the other things in there make that silybin much more potent.. I took 3 per day,, I did well,, but everyone has to find out what works for them,, Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: I followed your Link, here is the info: Interesting combo, but there is only 40 mg of the Milk Thistle, as compared to 240 mg in the Maximum Milk Thistle for 1 capsule, I guess that's

why they call it "Maximum", lol.. Liver Essentials Serving Size: 1 Capsule Servings Per Container: 90 Silybin Phytosome™ (Siliphos®, silybin from 40 mg milk thistle and bound to

phosphatidylcholine) Proprietary Blend 221.7 mg N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine † Picrorhiza Kurroa Root (standardized to 5% picroside II) † Picrorhiza Kurroa Root (standardized to 5% apocynin) † Schisandra Fruit (standardized to 5% schisandrins) † Green Tea Leaf Extract (standardized to 40% catechins and 25% EGCg) † Turmeric Root Powdered Extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids) † † Daily Value not

established. Amount Per Serving Phytosome™ and Siliphos® are trademarks of Indena S.p.A. Other Ingredients: Cellulose (from natural vegetable fiber), Gelatin Capsule, Strearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, and Magnesium Stearate.Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: I know what you

mean,, but this blend is what is proprietary,, I threw out my bottle after I ordered my last order so until it arrives I can't tell you whats in it specifically, but rest assurred that I did fully check it out before I started taking it and I actually spoke with Rik Deitch who, at that time , was the man who did the formulation and we spoke about my hep and my need to be sure that anything in there was totally liver safe.. it is.. I also have another friend from another bb who is a science/biology teacher who also investigated it and he takes it as well,, he also assurred me that this is an excellent forumulation... so IM VERY comfortable with it,, but WE also know that Maximum Milk Thistle is excellent too because BOTH formulations have the siliphos bound MT in them. How did it make me feel better,, well thats hard to say specifically.. What I surmise is that when my LFT's fell by half that because the inflammation was greatly reduced, I did

feel better,, its so hard to say,, I also noted that when I started tx, by week 2 ALL MY LEG PAINS and aches were GONE... they are back now,, but that is from the auto-immune that the INF CAUSED.. but just in the effort of getting this answer off to you, Ill send it now and then Ill go and find out what is in the blend... and then Ill post it,, lol, jaxSheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I meant in what way does it make you feel better, or heal your liver better than the other? The word "proprietary" scares me. I ordered a sleep aid like that and it turned out instead of Melatonin being the main ingredient, it was Valerian,

which is not good for those of us with Hep C.. :-o Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Liver Essentials has schizzandra fruit, and some other "proprietary formula" in it.. Maximum Milk Thistle only has the siliphos bound MT... Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Wow, I just learned something new.. What do you find different or better about the Liver Essentials, Jax? Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes it does help,, Ill send you via private email a copy about Milk Thistle and the 'kind' of mt that is the best.. I know of 2 kinds for sure that contain this kind of formulation,, I know most ppl take the Maximum Milk Thistle because its one of the two forumulations and its cheaper than the kind that I take,, but I take Liver Essentials by Unicity and I feel that IT IS the BEST forumulation one can buy, but as I said, it is a bit more expensive than Maximum Milk Thistle. Please re-consider whether or not to take it.. you are welcome, jackie Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: So Milk Thistle does help. I was talked out of it awhile back. I forgot why I cannot start tx until my major depression is

under control. I did not think the formula was that easy, but it makes sense. Thanks Jackie IJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well this is just a guess , but if they rate it like that and say that 1to1 is an equal risk, then 1.63 is one and two thirds increased risk, not double... I think... What are you taking? Are you doing tx? I cant remember so please refresh my mind... are you taking Milk Thistle? It is proven to help lower your LFT's and reduce the inflammation and its the inflammation that causes the damage.. Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: Hey Guys.. I am usually pretty

good with numbers, but what is a 1.63 and 1.73 mortality rate. Is this a % of 100 or is there some formula that gives you the mortality in a percentage. I am more then double on both AST 121, and ALT 81. As you know normal is (0-40)elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: High ALT/AST Increases Mortality Risk“Risk of Mortality and Elevated Serum Aminotransferasesâ€Gastroenterology Feb 2007Les Langpublished online 3 February 2007. Peek and K. Rajender Reddy, Section EditorsElevated serum aminotransferases, such as ALT and AST, may predict mortality in the general population, according to researchers led by W. Ray Kim, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota.At the American

Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 57th Annual Meeting on October 30, 2006, Dr Kim presented data on 18,330 community residents who had AST levels measured at least once in 1995. Of these, 15,991 had normal results and 2339 had elevated AST levels. Also in 1995, 6792 residents had ALT levels measured, and of these, 907 had elevated values.“Serum concentrations of aminotransferases are commonly used as indicators of liver disease. We evaluated these enzymes as predictors of survival at the population level,†Dr Kim and colleagues said. The study found “a significant increase in the standardized mortality ratio with increasing AST and ALT levels, whereas a normal AST or ALT level was associated with a risk of death lower than expected.â€To exclude patients with abnormal results because of a terminal illness, deaths within the first 2 years were excluded from the study. Standardized

mortality ratio was used to assess the risk of death.AST levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.79 and ALT levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.63. The study showed a near-linear relationship between AST and ALT values and subsequent risk of death in both genders, Dr Kim said. “Chronic liver disease is the 10th most common cause of death in the United States. ALT may identify patients at risk of death from liver disease early in their disease.â€The researcher suggested that AST and ALT screening be included in the evaluation of patients. “Serum levels of AST and ALT are predictive of future mortality in community populations. These data suggest that screening for abnormal AST or ALT should be considered an important component of the general medical examination.†It appears that we are at a stage where we see an analogy between the value of

testing for cholesterol in the general population and evaluating for abnormal transaminases.For further details, see “Serum Aminotransferase Concentrations and Risk of Mortality in a Community Population.†AASLD 57th Annual Meeting, October 27-30, 2006; Boston, MA. Abstract #95. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Jackie 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie Food fight? Enjoy some healthy

debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie

Guest guest

Will sure keep him in my prayers, no fun having a sick Dad, been there, done that. Am praying for something at least fixable.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Well they drew labs and got him settled in the new hosp and tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to do his

GI series.. it may be something as simple as an ulcer.. I just hope he does not have cancer... but I'll let ya all know,, Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How is your Dad doing, Jax, did he have all of his tests? Had to give Liz "phone hugs" today, but we had a really nice talk.. Sweet, sweet gal, I'll let her tell her own story when she returns, what an adventure she has had! Well, has been a few days for all of us, sure seems like.. Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thanks hon! BTW,, My dads Kidney doc was furrious at the hosp up here and is currently sending my father down the hill to Roseville where HE, the doc is waiting for my dad, and dad is being admitted for a full GI workup,, today they are going to do the upper end and tomorrow , they will do the lower end to see just where he is bleeding ,, Im so relieved.. to just slowly bleed to death is unthinkable,, so I gotta head down the hill to the hosp as soon as gets done with her shower and I shower... but Ill be back later on today! I hope you are having a wonderful time in Cali and I so wish I could be there!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: I will gf Re: California friends here I come Holy Canoli, I have been offline, just sent you an e-mail to your home addy, Liz, with my contact info, sure hoping to be able to meet up with you! Hugs, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For any of you cali folks who want to meet I am going to be in Orange county Thursday and Friday (fly out friday afernoon) I will have a rental car so ....... Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Jackie Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Jackie

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.

Guest guest

I'm still checking it out, looks good..Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: True but the other things in there make that silybin much more potent.. I took 3 per day,, I did well,, but everyone has to find out what works for them,, Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I followed your Link, here is the info: Interesting combo,

but there is only 40 mg of the Milk Thistle, as compared to 240 mg in the Maximum Milk Thistle for 1 capsule, I guess that's why they call it "Maximum", lol.. Liver Essentials Serving Size: 1 Capsule Servings Per Container: 90 Silybin Phytosome™ (Siliphos®, silybin from 40 mg milk thistle and bound to phosphatidylcholine) Proprietary Blend 221.7 mg N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine † Picrorhiza Kurroa Root (standardized to 5% picroside II) † Picrorhiza Kurroa Root (standardized to 5% apocynin) † Schisandra Fruit (standardized to 5% schisandrins) † Green Tea Leaf Extract (standardized to 40% catechins and 25% EGCg) † Turmeric Root Powdered Extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids) † † Daily Value not established. Amount Per Serving Phytosome™ and Siliphos® are trademarks of Indena S.p.A. Other Ingredients: Cellulose (from natural vegetable fiber), Gelatin Capsule, Strearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, and Magnesium Stearate.Jackie on

<redjaxjm > wrote: I know what you mean,, but this blend is what is proprietary,, I threw out my bottle after I ordered my last order so until it arrives I can't tell you whats in it specifically, but rest assurred that I did fully check it out before I started taking it and I actually spoke with Rik Deitch who, at that time , was the man who did the formulation and we spoke about my hep and my need to be sure that anything in there was totally liver safe.. it is.. I also have another friend from another bb who is a science/biology teacher who also investigated it and he takes it as well,, he also assurred me that this is an excellent forumulation... so IM VERY comfortable with it,, but WE also know that Maximum Milk Thistle is excellent too because BOTH formulations have the siliphos bound MT in them. How

did it make me feel better,, well thats hard to say specifically.. What I surmise is that when my LFT's fell by half that because the inflammation was greatly reduced, I did feel better,, its so hard to say,, I also noted that when I started tx, by week 2 ALL MY LEG PAINS and aches were GONE... they are back now,, but that is from the auto-immune that the INF CAUSED.. but just in the effort of getting this answer off to you, Ill send it now and then Ill go and find out what is in the blend... and then Ill post it,, lol, jaxSheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I meant in what way does it make you feel better, or heal your liver better than the other? The word "proprietary" scares me. I

ordered a sleep aid like that and it turned out instead of Melatonin being the main ingredient, it was Valerian, which is not good for those of us with Hep C.. :-o Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Liver Essentials has schizzandra fruit, and some other "proprietary formula" in it.. Maximum Milk Thistle only has the siliphos bound MT... Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Wow, I just learned something new.. What do you find different

or better about the Liver Essentials, Jax? Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes it does help,, Ill send you via private email a copy about Milk Thistle and the 'kind' of mt that is the best.. I know of 2 kinds for sure that contain this kind of formulation,, I know most ppl take the Maximum Milk Thistle because its one of the two forumulations and its cheaper than the kind that I take,, but I take Liver Essentials by Unicity and I feel that IT IS the BEST forumulation one can buy, but as I said, it is a bit more expensive than Maximum Milk Thistle. Please re-consider whether or not to take it.. you are welcome, jackie Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: So Milk Thistle does help. I was talked out of it awhile back. I forgot why I cannot start tx until my major depression is under control. I did not think the formula was that easy, but it makes sense. Thanks Jackie IJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well this is just a guess , but if they rate it like that and say that 1to1 is an equal risk, then 1.63 is one and two thirds increased risk, not double... I think... What are you taking? Are you doing tx? I cant remember so please refresh my mind... are you taking Milk Thistle? It is proven to help lower your LFT's and reduce the inflammation and its the inflammation that causes the damage.. Gray

<ggray1956 > wrote: Hey Guys.. I am usually pretty good with numbers, but what is a 1.63 and 1.73 mortality rate. Is this a % of 100 or is there some formula that gives you the mortality in a percentage. I am more then double on both AST 121, and ALT 81. As you know normal is (0-40)elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: High ALT/AST Increases Mortality Risk“Risk of Mortality and Elevated Serum Aminotransferasesâ€Gastroenterology Feb 2007Les Langpublished online 3 February 2007. Peek and K. Rajender Reddy, Section EditorsElevated serum aminotransferases, such as ALT and

AST, may predict mortality in the general population, according to researchers led by W. Ray Kim, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota.At the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 57th Annual Meeting on October 30, 2006, Dr Kim presented data on 18,330 community residents who had AST levels measured at least once in 1995. Of these, 15,991 had normal results and 2339 had elevated AST levels. Also in 1995, 6792 residents had ALT levels measured, and of these, 907 had elevated values.“Serum concentrations of aminotransferases are commonly used as indicators of liver disease. We evaluated these enzymes as predictors of survival at the population level,†Dr Kim and colleagues said. The study found “a significant increase in the standardized mortality ratio with increasing AST and ALT levels, whereas a normal AST or ALT

level was associated with a risk of death lower than expected.â€To exclude patients with abnormal results because of a terminal illness, deaths within the first 2 years were excluded from the study. Standardized mortality ratio was used to assess the risk of death.AST levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.79 and ALT levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.63. The study showed a near-linear relationship between AST and ALT values and subsequent risk of death in both genders, Dr Kim said. “Chronic liver disease is the 10th most common cause of death in the United States. ALT may identify patients at risk of death from liver disease early in their disease.â€The researcher suggested that AST and ALT screening be included in the evaluation of patients. “Serum levels of AST and ALT are predictive of future mortality in community populations.

These data suggest that screening for abnormal AST or ALT should be considered an important component of the general medical examination.†It appears that we are at a stage where we see an analogy between the value of testing for cholesterol in the general population and evaluating for abnormal transaminases.For further details, see “Serum Aminotransferase Concentrations and Risk of Mortality in a Community Population.†AASLD 57th Annual Meeting, October 27-30, 2006; Boston, MA. Abstract #95. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Jackie 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie

Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

Guest guest

Thank you so much Sheena,, I too am praying for something fixable and a doc willing to take him into the OR to fix it!Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: Will sure keep him in my prayers, no fun having a sick Dad, been there, done that. Am praying for something at least fixable.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Well they drew labs and got him settled in the new hosp and tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to do his GI series.. it may be something as simple as an ulcer.. I just hope he does not have cancer... but I'll let ya all know,, Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How is your Dad doing, Jax, did he have all of his tests? Had to give Liz "phone hugs" today, but we had a really nice talk.. Sweet, sweet gal, I'll let her tell her own story when she returns, what an adventure she has had! Well, has been a few

days for all of us, sure seems like.. Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thanks hon! BTW,, My dads Kidney doc was furrious at the hosp up here and is currently sending my father down the hill to Roseville where HE, the doc is waiting for my dad, and dad is being admitted for a full GI workup,, today they are going to do the upper end and tomorrow , they will do the lower end to see just where he is bleeding ,, Im so relieved.. to just slowly bleed to death is unthinkable,, so I gotta head down the hill to the hosp as soon as gets done with her shower and I shower... but Ill be back later on today! I hope you are having a wonderful time in Cali and I so wish I could be

there!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: I will gf Re: California friends here I come Holy Canoli, I have been offline, just sent you an e-mail to your home addy, Liz, with my contact info, sure hoping to be able to meet up with you! Hugs, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For any of you cali folks who want to meet I am going to be in Orange county Thursday and Friday (fly out friday afernoon) I will have a rental car so ....... Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Jackie Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Jackie Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut. Jackie

Guest guest

I pray that all of their hearts will be touched to do the right things for your Dad, and that they will treat him with the dignity that he deserves.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Thank you so much Sheena,, I too am praying for something fixable

and a doc willing to take him into the OR to fix it!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Will sure keep him in my prayers, no fun having a sick Dad, been there, done that. Am praying for something at least fixable.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Well they drew labs and got him settled in the new hosp and tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to do his GI series.. it may be something as simple as an ulcer.. I

just hope he does not have cancer... but I'll let ya all know,, Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How is your Dad doing, Jax, did he have all of his tests? Had to give Liz "phone hugs" today, but we had a really nice talk.. Sweet, sweet gal, I'll let her tell her own story when she returns, what an adventure she has had! Well, has been a few days for all of us, sure seems like.. Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thanks hon! BTW,,

My dads Kidney doc was furrious at the hosp up here and is currently sending my father down the hill to Roseville where HE, the doc is waiting for my dad, and dad is being admitted for a full GI workup,, today they are going to do the upper end and tomorrow , they will do the lower end to see just where he is bleeding ,, Im so relieved.. to just slowly bleed to death is unthinkable,, so I gotta head down the hill to the hosp as soon as gets done with her shower and I shower... but Ill be back later on today! I hope you are having a wonderful time in Cali and I so wish I could be there!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: I will gf Re: California friends here I come Holy Canoli, I have been offline, just sent you an e-mail to your home addy, Liz, with my contact info, sure hoping to be able to meet up with you! Hugs, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For

any of you cali folks who want to meet I am going to be in Orange county Thursday and Friday (fly out friday afernoon) I will have a rental car so ....... Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Jackie Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Jackie Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut. Jackie

Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

Guest guest

Thank you so much Sheena,, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the support I have received from this forum!Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: I pray that all of their hearts will be touched to do the right things for your Dad, and that they will treat him with the dignity that he deserves.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thank you so much Sheena,, I too am praying for something fixable and a doc willing to take him into the OR to fix it!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Will sure keep him in my prayers, no fun having a sick Dad, been there, done that. Am praying for something at least fixable.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on

<redjaxjm > wrote: Well they drew labs and got him settled in the new hosp and tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to do his GI series.. it may be something as simple as an ulcer.. I just hope he does not have cancer... but I'll let ya all know,, Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How is your Dad doing, Jax, did he have all of his tests? Had to give Liz "phone hugs" today, but we had a really nice talk.. Sweet, sweet gal, I'll let her tell her own story when she returns, what an adventure she has had! Well, has been a few days for all of us, sure seems like.. Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thanks hon! BTW,, My dads Kidney doc was furrious at the hosp up here and is currently sending my father down the hill to Roseville where HE, the doc is waiting for my dad, and dad is being admitted for a full GI workup,, today they are going to do the upper end and tomorrow , they will do the lower end to see just where he is bleeding ,, Im so relieved.. to just slowly bleed to death is unthinkable,, so I gotta head down the hill to the hosp as soon as gets done with her shower and I shower... but Ill be back later on today! I hope you are having a wonderful time in Cali and I so wish I could be

there!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: I will gf Re: California friends here I come Holy Canoli, I have been offline, just sent you an e-mail to your home addy, Liz, with my contact info, sure hoping to be able to meet up with you! Hugs, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For any of you cali folks who want to meet I am going to be in Orange county Thursday and Friday (fly out friday afernoon) I will have a rental car so ....... Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Jackie Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Jackie Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut. Jackie Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie

Guest guest

listen,, if you are happy with the MMT,, stay with that.. its a GREAT product too!Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: I'm still checking it out, looks good..Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: True but the other things in there make that silybin much more potent.. I took 3 per day,, I did well,, but everyone has to find out what works for them,, Sheena

<mom4possums2002 > wrote: I followed your Link, here is the info: Interesting combo, but there is only 40 mg of the Milk Thistle, as compared to 240 mg in the Maximum Milk Thistle for 1 capsule, I guess that's why they call it "Maximum", lol.. Liver Essentials Serving Size: 1 Capsule Servings Per Container: 90 Silybin Phytosome™ (Siliphos®, silybin from 40 mg milk thistle and bound to phosphatidylcholine) Proprietary Blend 221.7 mg N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine † Picrorhiza Kurroa Root (standardized to 5% picroside II) † Picrorhiza Kurroa Root (standardized to 5% apocynin) † Schisandra Fruit

(standardized to 5% schisandrins) † Green Tea Leaf Extract (standardized to 40% catechins and 25% EGCg) † Turmeric Root Powdered Extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids) † † Daily Value not established. Amount Per Serving Phytosome™ and Siliphos® are trademarks of Indena S.p.A. Other

Ingredients: Cellulose (from natural vegetable fiber), Gelatin Capsule, Strearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, and Magnesium Stearate.Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: I know what you mean,, but this blend is what is proprietary,, I threw out my bottle after I ordered my last order so until it arrives I can't tell you whats in it specifically, but rest assurred that I did fully check it out before I started taking it and I actually spoke with Rik Deitch who, at that time , was the man who did the formulation and we spoke about my hep and my need to be sure that anything in there was totally liver safe.. it is.. I also have another friend from another bb who is a science/biology teacher who also investigated

it and he takes it as well,, he also assurred me that this is an excellent forumulation... so IM VERY comfortable with it,, but WE also know that Maximum Milk Thistle is excellent too because BOTH formulations have the siliphos bound MT in them. How did it make me feel better,, well thats hard to say specifically.. What I surmise is that when my LFT's fell by half that because the inflammation was greatly reduced, I did feel better,, its so hard to say,, I also noted that when I started tx, by week 2 ALL MY LEG PAINS and aches were GONE... they are back now,, but that is from the auto-immune that the INF CAUSED.. but just in the effort of getting this answer off to you, Ill send it now and then Ill go and find out what is in the blend... and then Ill post it,, lol, jaxSheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I meant in what way does it make you feel better, or heal your liver better than the other? The word "proprietary" scares me. I ordered a sleep aid like that and it turned out instead of Melatonin being the main ingredient, it was Valerian, which is not good for those of us with Hep C.. :-o Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Liver Essentials has schizzandra fruit, and some other "proprietary formula" in it.. Maximum Milk Thistle only has the siliphos bound MT... Sheena

<mom4possums2002 > wrote: Wow, I just learned something new.. What do you find different or better about the Liver Essentials, Jax? Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes it does help,, Ill send you via private email a copy about Milk Thistle and the 'kind' of mt that is the best.. I know of 2 kinds for sure that contain this kind of formulation,, I know most ppl take the Maximum Milk Thistle because its one of the two forumulations and its cheaper than the kind that I take,, but I take Liver Essentials by Unicity and I feel that IT IS the BEST forumulation one can buy, but as I said, it

is a bit more expensive than Maximum Milk Thistle. Please re-consider whether or not to take it.. you are welcome, jackie Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: So Milk Thistle does help. I was talked out of it awhile back. I forgot why I cannot start tx until my major depression is under control. I did not think the formula was that easy, but it makes sense. Thanks Jackie IJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well this is just a guess , but if they rate it like that and say that 1to1 is an equal risk, then 1.63 is one and two thirds increased risk, not double... I think... What are you

taking? Are you doing tx? I cant remember so please refresh my mind... are you taking Milk Thistle? It is proven to help lower your LFT's and reduce the inflammation and its the inflammation that causes the damage.. Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: Hey Guys.. I am usually pretty good with numbers, but what is a 1.63 and 1.73 mortality rate. Is this a % of 100 or is there some formula that gives you the mortality in a percentage. I am more then double on both AST 121, and ALT 81. As you know normal is (0-40)elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: High ALT/AST Increases Mortality Risk“Risk

of Mortality and Elevated Serum Aminotransferasesâ€Gastroenterology Feb 2007Les Langpublished online 3 February 2007. Peek and K. Rajender Reddy, Section EditorsElevated serum aminotransferases, such as ALT and AST, may predict mortality in the general population, according to researchers led by W. Ray Kim, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota.At the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 57th Annual Meeting on October 30, 2006, Dr Kim presented data on 18,330 community residents who had AST levels measured at least once in 1995. Of these, 15,991 had normal results and 2339 had elevated AST levels. Also in 1995, 6792 residents had ALT levels measured, and of these, 907 had elevated values.“Serum concentrations of aminotransferases are commonly used as indicators of liver disease. We evaluated these

enzymes as predictors of survival at the population level,†Dr Kim and colleagues said. The study found “a significant increase in the standardized mortality ratio with increasing AST and ALT levels, whereas a normal AST or ALT level was associated with a risk of death lower than expected.â€To exclude patients with abnormal results because of a terminal illness, deaths within the first 2 years were excluded from the study. Standardized mortality ratio was used to assess the risk of death.AST levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.79 and ALT levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.63. The study showed a near-linear relationship between AST and ALT values and subsequent risk of death in both genders, Dr Kim said. “Chronic liver disease is the 10th most common cause of death in the United States. ALT may identify patients at risk of death

from liver disease early in their disease.â€The researcher suggested that AST and ALT screening be included in the evaluation of patients. “Serum levels of AST and ALT are predictive of future mortality in community populations. These data suggest that screening for abnormal AST or ALT should be considered an important component of the general medical examination.†It appears that we are at a stage where we see an analogy between the value of testing for cholesterol in the general population and evaluating for abnormal transaminases.For further details, see “Serum Aminotransferase Concentrations and Risk of Mortality in a Community Population.†AASLD 57th Annual Meeting, October 27-30, 2006; Boston, MA. Abstract #95. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Jackie 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie

Guest guest

I wish I could give back an iota of what I have received from you all, I do care very much.. Keep us posted on your Dad! Love and Prayers, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Thank you so much Sheena,, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the support I have received from

this forum!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I pray that all of their hearts will be touched to do the right things for your Dad, and that they will treat him with the dignity that he deserves.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thank you so much Sheena,, I too am praying for something fixable and a doc willing to take him into the OR to fix it!Sheena

<mom4possums2002 > wrote: Will sure keep him in my prayers, no fun having a sick Dad, been there, done that. Am praying for something at least fixable.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Well they drew labs and got him settled in the new hosp and tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to do his GI series.. it may be something as simple as an ulcer.. I just hope he does not have cancer... but I'll let ya all know,,

Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How is your Dad doing, Jax, did he have all of his tests? Had to give Liz "phone hugs" today, but we had a really nice talk.. Sweet, sweet gal, I'll let her tell her own story when she returns, what an adventure she has had! Well, has been a few days for all of us, sure seems like.. Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thanks hon! BTW,, My dads Kidney doc was furrious at the hosp up here and is

currently sending my father down the hill to Roseville where HE, the doc is waiting for my dad, and dad is being admitted for a full GI workup,, today they are going to do the upper end and tomorrow , they will do the lower end to see just where he is bleeding ,, Im so relieved.. to just slowly bleed to death is unthinkable,, so I gotta head down the hill to the hosp as soon as gets done with her shower and I shower... but Ill be back later on today! I hope you are having a wonderful time in Cali and I so wish I could be there!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: I will gf Re: California friends here I come Holy Canoli, I have been offline, just sent you an e-mail to your home addy, Liz, with my contact info, sure hoping to be able to meet up with you! Hugs, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For

any of you cali folks who want to meet I am going to be in Orange county Thursday and Friday (fly out friday afernoon) I will have a rental car so ....... Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Jackie Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Jackie Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut. Jackie Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit.

Guest guest

I won't know if I'm missing something if I don't try, LOL.. Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: listen,, if you are happy with the MMT,, stay with that.. its a GREAT product too!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I'm still checking it out, looks

good..Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: True but the other things in there make that silybin much more potent.. I took 3 per day,, I did well,, but everyone has to find out what works for them,, Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I followed your Link, here is the info: Interesting combo, but there is only 40 mg of the Milk Thistle, as compared to 240 mg in the Maximum Milk Thistle for 1 capsule, I guess that's why they call it "Maximum", lol.. Liver Essentials Serving Size: 1 Capsule Servings Per Container: 90 Silybin Phytosome™ (Siliphos®, silybin from 40 mg milk thistle and bound to phosphatidylcholine) Proprietary Blend

221.7 mg N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine † Picrorhiza Kurroa Root (standardized to 5% picroside II) † Picrorhiza Kurroa Root (standardized to 5% apocynin) † Schisandra Fruit (standardized to 5% schisandrins) † Green Tea Leaf Extract (standardized to 40% catechins and 25% EGCg) † Turmeric Root Powdered Extract (standardized to 95% curcuminoids) † † Daily Value not established. Amount Per

Serving Phytosome™ and Siliphos® are trademarks of Indena S.p.A. Other Ingredients: Cellulose (from natural vegetable fiber), Gelatin Capsule, Strearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, and Magnesium Stearate.Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: I know what you mean,, but this blend is what is proprietary,, I threw out my bottle after I ordered my last order so until it

arrives I can't tell you whats in it specifically, but rest assurred that I did fully check it out before I started taking it and I actually spoke with Rik Deitch who, at that time , was the man who did the formulation and we spoke about my hep and my need to be sure that anything in there was totally liver safe.. it is.. I also have another friend from another bb who is a science/biology teacher who also investigated it and he takes it as well,, he also assurred me that this is an excellent forumulation... so IM VERY comfortable with it,, but WE also know that Maximum Milk Thistle is excellent too because BOTH formulations have the siliphos bound MT in them. How did it make me feel better,, well thats hard to say specifically.. What I surmise is that when my LFT's fell by half that because the inflammation was greatly reduced, I did feel better,, its so hard to say,, I also noted that when I started tx, by week 2 ALL MY LEG PAINS and aches were

GONE... they are back now,, but that is from the auto-immune that the INF CAUSED.. but just in the effort of getting this answer off to you, Ill send it now and then Ill go and find out what is in the blend... and then Ill post it,, lol, jaxSheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I meant in what way does it make you feel better, or heal your liver better than the other? The word "proprietary" scares me. I ordered a sleep aid like that and it turned out instead of Melatonin being the main ingredient, it was Valerian, which is not good for those of us with Hep C.. :-o Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Liver Essentials has schizzandra fruit, and some other "proprietary formula" in it.. Maximum Milk Thistle only has the siliphos bound MT... Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Wow, I just learned something new.. What do you find different or better about the Liver Essentials, Jax? Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: yes it does help,, Ill send you

via private email a copy about Milk Thistle and the 'kind' of mt that is the best.. I know of 2 kinds for sure that contain this kind of formulation,, I know most ppl take the Maximum Milk Thistle because its one of the two forumulations and its cheaper than the kind that I take,, but I take Liver Essentials by Unicity and I feel that IT IS the BEST forumulation one can buy, but as I said, it is a bit more expensive than Maximum Milk Thistle. Please re-consider whether or not to take it.. you are welcome, jackie Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: So Milk Thistle does help. I was talked out of it awhile back. I forgot why I cannot start tx until my major depression is under control. I did not think the formula was that easy, but it makes sense. Thanks Jackie

IJackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: well this is just a guess , but if they rate it like that and say that 1to1 is an equal risk, then 1.63 is one and two thirds increased risk, not double... I think... What are you taking? Are you doing tx? I cant remember so please refresh my mind... are you taking Milk Thistle? It is proven to help lower your LFT's and reduce the inflammation and its the inflammation that causes the damage.. Gray <ggray1956 > wrote: Hey Guys.. I am usually pretty good with numbers, but what is a 1.63 and 1.73 mortality rate. Is this a % of 100 or is there some

formula that gives you the mortality in a percentage. I am more then double on both AST 121, and ALT 81. As you know normal is (0-40)elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: High ALT/AST Increases Mortality Risk“Risk of Mortality and Elevated Serum Aminotransferasesâ€Gastroenterology Feb 2007Les Langpublished online 3 February 2007. Peek and K. Rajender Reddy, Section EditorsElevated serum aminotransferases, such as ALT and AST, may predict mortality in the general population, according to researchers led by W. Ray Kim, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota.At the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) 57th Annual Meeting on October 30, 2006, Dr Kim

presented data on 18,330 community residents who had AST levels measured at least once in 1995. Of these, 15,991 had normal results and 2339 had elevated AST levels. Also in 1995, 6792 residents had ALT levels measured, and of these, 907 had elevated values.“Serum concentrations of aminotransferases are commonly used as indicators of liver disease. We evaluated these enzymes as predictors of survival at the population level,†Dr Kim and colleagues said. The study found “a significant increase in the standardized mortality ratio with increasing AST and ALT levels, whereas a normal AST or ALT level was associated with a risk of death lower than expected.â€To exclude patients with abnormal results because of a terminal illness, deaths within the first 2 years were excluded from the study. Standardized mortality ratio was used to assess the risk of death.AST levels 2 times the upper limit of

normal had a mortality ratio of 1.79 and ALT levels 2 times the upper limit of normal had a mortality ratio of 1.63. The study showed a near-linear relationship between AST and ALT values and subsequent risk of death in both genders, Dr Kim said. “Chronic liver disease is the 10th most common cause of death in the United States. ALT may identify patients at risk of death from liver disease early in their disease.â€The researcher suggested that AST and ALT screening be included in the evaluation of patients. “Serum levels of AST and ALT are predictive of future mortality in community populations. These data suggest that screening for abnormal AST or ALT should be considered an important component of the general medical examination.†It appears that we are at a stage where we see an analogy between the value of testing for cholesterol in the general population and evaluating for abnormal

transaminases.For further details, see “Serum Aminotransferase Concentrations and Risk of Mortality in a Community Population.†AASLD 57th Annual Meeting, October 27-30, 2006; Boston, MA. Abstract #95. Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games. Jackie 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time with the Search movie showtime shortcut.

Guest guest

Thank you Sheena,, I so appreciate that! I called Dad this morning and so far, they havent done anything, figures,, ya know,, its the weekend! lol,, My daughter and I are headed up there soon..Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: I wish I could give back an iota of what I have received from you all, I do care very much.. Keep us posted on your Dad! Love and

Prayers, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thank you so much Sheena,, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the support I have received from this forum!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I pray that all of their hearts will be touched to do the right things for your Dad, and that they will treat him with the dignity that he deserves.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thank you so much Sheena,, I too am praying for something fixable and a doc willing to take him into the OR to fix it!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Will sure keep him in my prayers, no fun having a sick Dad, been there, done that. Am praying for something at least fixable.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on

<redjaxjm > wrote: Well they drew labs and got him settled in the new hosp and tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to do his GI series.. it may be something as simple as an ulcer.. I just hope he does not have cancer... but I'll let ya all know,, Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How is your Dad doing, Jax, did he have all of his tests? Had to give Liz "phone hugs" today, but we had a really nice talk.. Sweet, sweet gal, I'll let her tell her own story when she returns, what an adventure she has had! Well, has been a few days for all of us, sure seems like.. Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thanks hon! BTW,, My dads Kidney doc was furrious at the hosp up here and is currently sending my father down the hill to Roseville where HE, the doc is waiting for my dad, and dad is being admitted for a full GI workup,, today they are going to do the upper end and tomorrow , they will do the lower end to see just where he is bleeding ,, Im so relieved.. to just slowly bleed to death is unthinkable,, so I gotta head down the hill to the hosp as soon as gets done with her shower and I shower... but Ill be back later on today! I hope you are having a wonderful time in Cali and I so wish I could be

there!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: I will gf Re: California friends here I come Holy Canoli, I have been offline, just sent you an e-mail to your home addy, Liz, with my contact info, sure hoping to be able to meet up with you! Hugs, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For any of you cali folks who want to meet I am going to be in Orange county Thursday and Friday (fly out friday afernoon) I will have a rental car so ....... Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Jackie Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Jackie Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut. Jackie Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit. Jackie

Guest guest

As long as they are keeping a good eye and keeping him comfortable, Monday will be here soon! You give him a hug from me, I sure miss my own Dad.. Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Thank you Sheena,, I so appreciate that! I called Dad this morning and so far, they havent done anything, figures,, ya know,, its the weekend! lol,, My daughter and I are headed up there

soon..Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I wish I could give back an iota of what I have received from you all, I do care very much.. Keep us posted on your Dad! Love and Prayers, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thank you so much Sheena,, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the support I have received from this forum!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I pray that all of their hearts will be touched to do the right things for your Dad, and that they will treat him with the dignity that he deserves.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thank you so much Sheena,, I too am praying for something fixable and a doc willing to take him into the OR to fix it!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Will sure keep him in my prayers, no fun having a sick Dad, been there, done that. Am praying for something at least fixable.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Well they drew labs and got him settled in the new hosp and tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to do his GI series.. it may be something as simple as an ulcer.. I just hope he does not have cancer... but I'll let ya all know,, Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How is your Dad doing, Jax, did he have all of his tests? Had to give Liz "phone hugs" today, but we had a really nice talk.. Sweet, sweet gal, I'll let her tell her own story when she returns, what an adventure she has had! Well, has been a few days for all of us, sure seems like.. Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thanks hon! BTW,, My dads Kidney doc was furrious at the hosp up here and is currently sending my father down the hill to Roseville where HE, the doc is waiting for my dad, and dad is being admitted for a full GI

workup,, today they are going to do the upper end and tomorrow , they will do the lower end to see just where he is bleeding ,, Im so relieved.. to just slowly bleed to death is unthinkable,, so I gotta head down the hill to the hosp as soon as gets done with her shower and I shower... but Ill be back later on today! I hope you are having a wonderful time in Cali and I so wish I could be there!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: I will gf Re: California friends here I come Holy Canoli, I have been offline, just sent you an e-mail to your home addy, Liz, with my contact info, sure hoping to be able to meet up with you! Hugs, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For any of you cali folks who want to meet I am going to be in Orange county Thursday and Friday (fly out friday afernoon) I will have a rental car so ....... Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Jackie Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Jackie Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut. Jackie Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find

flight and hotel bargains. Jackie Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit. Jackie

Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games.

Guest guest

thanks sheena, they are doing his dialysis tonite and then tomorrow they are going to do his GI series,, so after we pick up my aunt at the airport, we will head straight to the hosp,, hopefully they will be done by then and we will know what we are dealing with... but so far, he said he has not passed any more blood.. Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: As long as they are keeping a good eye and keeping him comfortable, Monday will be here soon! You

give him a hug from me, I sure miss my own Dad.. Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thank you Sheena,, I so appreciate that! I called Dad this morning and so far, they havent done anything, figures,, ya know,, its the weekend! lol,, My daughter and I are headed up there soon..Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I wish I could give back an iota of what I have received from you all, I do care very much.. Keep us posted on your Dad! Love and

Prayers, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thank you so much Sheena,, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the support I have received from this forum!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I pray that all of their hearts will be touched to do the right things for your Dad, and that they will treat him with the dignity that he deserves.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thank you so much Sheena,, I too am praying for something fixable and a doc willing to take him into the OR to fix it!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Will sure keep him in my prayers, no fun having a sick Dad, been there, done that. Am praying for something at least fixable.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on

there!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: I will gf Re: California friends here I come Holy Canoli, I have been offline, just sent you an e-mail to your home addy, Liz, with my contact info, sure hoping to be able to meet up with you! Hugs, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For any of you cali folks who want to meet I am going to be in Orange county Thursday and Friday (fly out friday afernoon) I will have a rental car so ....... Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Jackie Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Jackie Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut. Jackie Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit. Jackie Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Jackie

Guest guest

Glad hubby is doing so good! I'm still trying to figure out the taste of the xylitol, it's not really sweet. I need to try it in tea and that will decide it for me. I bought extra and I was going to give Liz a bag to try, but never got to meet up with her on Friday.. What a trip she had.. What about whey protein, is that a better choice than soy? Oh, the chocolate sauce made with xylitol was awesome! Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: thanks, he does eat some plain no sugar yogurt with berries,, but he does not use much soy as it is not as safe as lots of folks think it is... soy can exacerbate any kind of hormonal tumor or cancer and so he doesnt use soy very often. Smoothies do not have enough protein in them to keep his blood sugar down,, its mostly carbo's which are NOT good for diabetics,, even tho 'some ' of the docs say its ok,, as long as you use proper amounts of insulin,, but the deal is, that my husband does NOT want to have to use insulin and as long as he keeps away from anything that breaks down into simple sugars and smoothies are pure sugar, he wont need to make more insulin.. and when his cells are not receptive to insulin,so it causes his pancreas to make more insulin in an effort to get the blood sugars down,, its just better if he doesnt,, that is one of the big mistakes that docs dont or wont tell

their patients who are diabetic,, they think that all you have to do is to keep correcting the amount of insulin you use to balance out the blood sugars and thats why diabetics have so much problems with their vision, with neuropathy, they lose limbs,, dont heal well etc,, so we are doing it the RIGHT way... and he doesnt like the taste of stevia,, so we are using xylitol when he needs something sweet, but he would rather NOT have to use insulin so he is just fine with NOT eating sweet things.. Im really proud of him,, Latoya <blackat2010 > wrote: Good Luck glad to hear he is doing better. For some diet tips I like Soy yogurt ie Stonyfield, or their nonfat dairy they dont have high frutose or artificial colors all natural flavors The health food stores have Soy

protein you can add to soy milk, juices (fresh is better) or smoothies, he can have that for breakfast or in between snack. (Meal Replacement makes you feel full like Slim Fast) Fish, Seafood (if u not kosher) and who says u cant eat fish for breakfast (southerns do LOL) eating egg whites will get boring after a while. whole grains brown rice, barley, buckwheat. I use half barley and brown rice a lil salt, pepper and Cumin powder very tasty) Sugar subsititue::: Stevia is a actually an herb its absorbed in the body safely unlike the pink packet and Equal which are dangerous for Diabetics. Here is a book The Raw Food Detox. Natalia Rose www.TheRawFoodDiet.com don't be scared by the title its a vegetarian book but it guides to the stages of detox and

weight loss and teaches alot about food and cooking and eating healthy I strayed for a while but im coming back to the natural way. Jackie

Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

Guest guest

That is always a good thing, sorry he was such a grump, but glad he's still here to pick at you.. Hang In.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: thanks sheena, they are doing his dialysis tonite and then tomorrow they are going to do his GI series,, so after we pick up my aunt at the airport, we will head straight to the hosp,, hopefully they will be done by then and we will know what we are dealing with... but

so far, he said he has not passed any more blood.. Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: As long as they are keeping a good eye and keeping him comfortable, Monday will be here soon! You give him a hug from me, I sure miss my own Dad.. Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thank you Sheena,, I so appreciate that! I called Dad this morning and so far, they havent done anything, figures,, ya know,, its the weekend! lol,, My daughter and I are headed up there soon..Sheena <mom4possums2002 >

wrote: I wish I could give back an iota of what I have received from you all, I do care very much.. Keep us posted on your Dad! Love and Prayers, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thank you so much Sheena,, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the support I have received from this forum!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I pray that all of their hearts will be touched to do the right things for your Dad, and that they will treat him with the dignity that he deserves.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thank you so much Sheena,, I too am praying for something fixable and a doc willing to take him into the OR to fix it!Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Will

sure keep him in my prayers, no fun having a sick Dad, been there, done that. Am praying for something at least fixable.. Many Hugs, Sheena Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Well they drew labs and got him settled in the new hosp and tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to do his GI series.. it may be something as simple as an ulcer.. I just hope he does not have cancer... but I'll let ya all know,, Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: How

is your Dad doing, Jax, did he have all of his tests? Had to give Liz "phone hugs" today, but we had a really nice talk.. Sweet, sweet gal, I'll let her tell her own story when she returns, what an adventure she has had! Well, has been a few days for all of us, sure seems like.. Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Thanks hon! BTW,, My dads Kidney doc was furrious at the hosp up here and is currently sending my father down the hill to Roseville where HE, the doc is waiting for my dad, and dad is being admitted for a full GI workup,, today they are going to do the upper end and tomorrow , they will do

the lower end to see just where he is bleeding ,, Im so relieved.. to just slowly bleed to death is unthinkable,, so I gotta head down the hill to the hosp as soon as gets done with her shower and I shower... but Ill be back later on today! I hope you are having a wonderful time in Cali and I so wish I could be there!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: I will gf Re: California

friends here I come Holy Canoli, I have been offline, just sent you an e-mail to your home addy, Liz, with my contact info, sure hoping to be able to meet up with you! Hugs, Sheena elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: For any of you cali folks who want to meet I am going to be in Orange county Thursday and Friday (fly out friday afernoon) I will have a rental car so ....... Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Jackie Jackie Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Jackie Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut. Jackie Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains. Jackie Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit. Jackie Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games. Jackie

Don't pick lemons.

See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.

Guest guest

oh darn,, I was hoping that the choc sauce was NOT good, now Ill HAVE TO GET SOME,, rofl,, lol,, we eat plenty of clean proteins,, and yes , we do eat red meat, there are some vitamins that can only be found in red meat.. but we only eat it once or twice a week.. Ill email you about Nursey,, its not something I want to say on the forum.. jaxSheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: Glad hubby is doing so good! I'm still trying to figure out the taste of the

xylitol, it's not really sweet. I need to try it in tea and that will decide it for me. I bought extra and I was going to give Liz a bag to try, but never got to meet up with her on Friday.. What a trip she had.. What about whey protein, is that a better choice than soy? Oh, the chocolate sauce made with xylitol was awesome! Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: thanks, he does eat some plain no sugar yogurt with berries,, but he does not use much soy as it is not as safe as lots of folks think it is... soy can exacerbate any kind of hormonal tumor or cancer and so he doesnt use soy very often. Smoothies do not have enough protein in them to keep his blood sugar down,, its mostly carbo's

which are NOT good for diabetics,, even tho 'some ' of the docs say its ok,, as long as you use proper amounts of insulin,, but the deal is, that my husband does NOT want to have to use insulin and as long as he keeps away from anything that breaks down into simple sugars and smoothies are pure sugar, he wont need to make more insulin.. and when his cells are not receptive to insulin,so it causes his pancreas to make more insulin in an effort to get the blood sugars down,, its just better if he doesnt,, that is one of the big mistakes that docs dont or wont tell their patients who are diabetic,, they think that all you have to do is to keep correcting the amount of insulin you use to balance out the blood sugars and thats why diabetics have so much problems with their vision, with neuropathy, they lose limbs,, dont heal well etc,, so we are doing it the RIGHT way... and he doesnt like the taste of stevia,, so we are using xylitol when he needs something sweet, but he would

rather NOT have to use insulin so he is just fine with NOT eating sweet things.. Im really proud of him,, Latoya <blackat2010 > wrote: Good Luck glad to hear he is doing better. For some diet tips I like Soy yogurt ie Stonyfield, or their nonfat dairy they dont have high frutose or artificial colors all natural flavors The health food stores have Soy protein you can add to soy milk, juices (fresh is better) or smoothies, he can have that for breakfast or in between snack. (Meal Replacement makes you feel full like Slim Fast) Fish, Seafood (if u not kosher) and who says u cant eat fish for breakfast (southerns do LOL) eating egg whites will get boring after a while. whole grains brown rice, barley, buckwheat. I use half barley and brown

rice a lil salt, pepper and Cumin powder very tasty) Sugar subsititue::: Stevia is a actually an herb its absorbed in the body safely unlike the pink packet and Equal which are dangerous for Diabetics. Here is a book The Raw Food Detox. Natalia Rose www.TheRawFoodDiet.com don't be scared by the title its a vegetarian book but it guides to the stages of detox and weight loss and teaches alot about food and cooking and eating healthy I strayed for a while but im coming back to the natural way. Jackie Never miss

an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out. Jackie

Guest guest

I'm only at week one, give a girl a break.. ;-) Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: Sheena' I can tell you that IF I were to relapse after being in remission for 4 years, I WOULD treat again because I AM a responder.. so, I'd do it again,, it would buy me more time on this planet with my family...Sheena

<mom4possums2002 > wrote: You are one gutsy lady, even with a Group full of family and friends.. I'm giving this one try... elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: It certainly does ! I don't think I would have done tx as many times as I have if it wasn't for the people here . RE: Re: le My reaction didn't hit for 7 1/2 hours, I was told that average is 4-6. Mostly you will likely just want to rest. Do you have an electric blanket, hot water bottle or heating pad? You may find some comfort in something warm.. Be sure to drink enough water, at least half your body weight, it does greatly cut down on the sides.. Be sure to eat something right before

you take your Ribavirin, each and every time. I'm eating a half of a mini bagel with some peanut butter or cream cheese.. I have to set an alarm to remember to take my pills on time.. I sure wish you an easy time of it.. Hugs and Best Wishes, Sheena le <kdaniellem > wrote: Thanks, I picked everything suggested up, stocked the fridge and freezer, put fresh linens on the bed, prepared a barf bucket, etc. Don't really have help as the dh is in a cast and can't drive.... but I think I have it covered.

Going in at 4pm. le When our eyes see our hands doing the work of our hearts, the circle of creation is completed. Inside us, the doors of our souls fly open and love steps forth to healeverything in sight."- Bridge -----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis C [mailto:Hepatitis C ]On Behalf Of LeeSent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 5:30 AMHepatitis C Subject: Re: suggestions for

supplies to have on hand Moisturizing eye drops(not the get the red out type). Most of us get dry eyes. Of course lots of water.Lee>> for first dose? > > soup, crackers, ibuprofen and no sugar drinks with electrolytes.... > what else?> Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from

Answers users. Get your own web address.Have a HUGE year through Small Business. Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta.

Guest guest

well of course Im giving you a break,, it wasnt pointed at ya honey,, I was just saying that I know how hard tx is but I would do it again,, and I will, if I needed too...Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: I'm only at week one, give a girl a break.. ;-) Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Sheena' I can tell you that IF I were to relapse after being in remission for 4 years, I WOULD treat again because I AM a responder.. so, I'd do it again,, it would buy me more time on this planet with my family...Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: You are one gutsy lady, even with a Group full of family and friends.. I'm giving this one try... elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: It certainly does ! I don't think I would

have done tx as many times as I have if it wasn't for the people here . RE: Re: le My reaction didn't hit for 7 1/2 hours, I was told that average is 4-6. Mostly you will likely just want to rest. Do you have an electric blanket, hot water bottle or heating pad? You may find some comfort in something warm.. Be sure to drink enough water, at least half your body weight, it does greatly cut down on the sides.. Be sure to eat something right before you take your Ribavirin, each and every time. I'm eating a half of a mini bagel with some peanut butter or cream cheese.. I have to set an alarm to remember to take my pills on time.. I sure wish you an easy time of it.. Hugs and Best Wishes, Sheena le <kdaniellem > wrote: Thanks, I picked everything suggested up, stocked the fridge and freezer, put fresh linens on the bed, prepared a barf bucket, etc. Don't really have help as the dh is in a cast and can't drive.... but I think I have it covered. Going in at 4pm. le When our eyes see our hands doing the work of our hearts, the circle of creation is completed. Inside us, the doors of our souls fly open and love steps forth to healeverything in sight."- Bridge -----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis C [mailto:Hepatitis C ]On Behalf Of LeeSent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 5:30 AMHepatitis C Subject: Re: suggestions for supplies to have on hand Moisturizing eye drops(not the get the red out type). Most of us get dry eyes. Of course lots of water.Lee>> for first dose? > > soup, crackers, ibuprofen and no sugar drinks with electrolytes.... > what else?> Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Get your own web address.Have a HUGE year through Small Business. Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie

Guest guest

I don't want to even consider that for you, you've been clear a LONG time, my Dad said NEVER to look a gift horse in the mouth... :) Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: well of course Im giving you a break,, it wasnt pointed at ya honey,, I was just saying that I know how hard tx is but I would do it again,, and I will, if I needed too...Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: I'm only at week one, give a girl a break.. ;-) Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: Sheena' I can tell you that IF I were to relapse after being in remission for 4 years, I WOULD treat again because I AM a responder.. so, I'd do it again,, it would buy me more time on this planet with my family...Sheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: You are one gutsy lady, even with a Group full of

family and friends.. I'm giving this one try... elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: It certainly does ! I don't think I would have done tx as many times as I have if it wasn't for the people here . RE: Re: le My reaction didn't hit for 7 1/2 hours, I was told that average is 4-6. Mostly you will likely just want to rest. Do you have an electric blanket, hot water bottle or heating pad? You may find some comfort in something warm.. Be sure to drink enough water, at least half your body weight, it does greatly cut down on the sides.. Be sure to eat something right before you take your Ribavirin, each and every time. I'm eating a half of a mini bagel with some peanut butter or cream cheese.. I have to set an alarm to

remember to take my pills on time.. I sure wish you an easy time of it.. Hugs and Best Wishes, Sheena le <kdaniellem > wrote: Thanks, I picked everything suggested up, stocked the fridge and freezer, put fresh linens on the bed, prepared a barf bucket, etc. Don't really have help as the dh is in a cast and can't drive.... but I think I have it covered. Going in at 4pm. le When our eyes see our hands doing the work of our hearts, the circle of creation is completed. Inside us, the doors of our souls fly open and love steps forth to healeverything in sight."- Bridge -----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis C [mailto:Hepatitis C ]On Behalf Of LeeSent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 5:30 AMHepatitis C Subject: Re: suggestions for supplies to have on hand Moisturizing eye drops(not the get the red out type). Most of us get dry eyes.

Of course lots of water.Lee>> for first dose? > > soup, crackers, ibuprofen and no sugar drinks with electrolytes.... > what else?> Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. 8:00? 8:25?

8:40? Find a flick in no timewith the Search movie showtime shortcut. Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q & A for great tips from Answers users. Get your own web address.Have a HUGE year through Small Business. Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A. Jackie Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Beta. Jackie

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.