RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Sugar med.....Fish spout!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

yes, How was your day? Karac had a meltdown at school, but they just made him go run; they said it was no big deal.

Pat,

Does he just use it for punching? Lois

Guest guest

Pat,

J had a good day at awakenings. he is still tapping me.........Tonight I said to him when he tapped me.....Why J??? He looked at me and said Yes/////Whatever that meant/. Lois

Guest guest

Pat,

J had a good day at awakenings. he is still tapping me.........Tonight I said to him when he tapped me.....Why J??? He looked at me and said Yes/////Whatever that meant/. Lois

Guest guest

Lois,

This is what I found on WebMd. They sound like they are on the middle of the road though and said to refer to your doctor for more information. Not sure how much it helped. But it might be worth looking into it more though.

Cinnamon and Benefits for Diabetes

For years, people have touted cinnamon for its potential diabetes benefits. Does the aromatic cooking spice actually help people with diabetes?

It may not be time to toss your diabetes medicines just yet. Studies on the use of cinnamon for diabetes have been mixed. But most research does not support cinnamon for treating diabetes. The American Diabetes Association says cinnamon has no place in the treatment of diabetes.

Does Cinnamon Help Diabetes?

Cinnamon comes in two varieties -- Ceylon cinnamon and cassia cinnamon. Cassia cinnamon is the kind most Americans use for baking and cooking. It's also the variety most researchers have used when they've studied cinnamon and diabetes.

Some of this research has shown that cinnamon may lower blood sugar by decreasing insulin resistance. In people with type 2 diabetes, the sugar-lowering hormone insulin does not work as well. This leads to higher blood sugar levels.

In one study, volunteers ate from 1 to 6 grams of cinnamon for 40 days. One gram of ground cinnamon is about half a teaspoon. Researchers found that cinnamon reduced cholesterol by about 18% and blood sugar levels by 24%.

In another study, volunteers ate cinnamon and rice pudding after a meal. These volunteers had reduced blood sugar levels.

In other studies cinnamon did not decrease blood sugar or cholesterol levels.

Is Cinnamon Safe for People With Diabetes?

Cinnamon appears to be safe. People with liver damage should be careful because large amounts of cinnamon may increase liver problems in these people.

Cinnamon supplements are classified as a “food†not a drug. Unlike medications, supplement makers don’t have to prove their products are safe or effective. The FDA, however, can force a supplement from the market if it proves it’s unsafe.

If you do plan on buying a cinnamon supplement, choose brands labeled with a “quality seal.†These include the NSF International, US Pharmacopeia, or Consumerlab seal. This helps assure that the supplement actually contains the ingredients stated on the label. It also helps guarantee that the product doesn’t contain any contaminants or potentially harmful ingredients.

Does Cinnamon Interact With Other Herbs or Medications?

Because cinnamon may lower blood sugar levels, exercise caution when combining it with other supplements that lower sugar levels, including:

alpha lipoic acid bitter melon chromium devil’s claw fenugreek garlic horse chestnut Panax Siberian ginseng psyllium

The same holds true with diabetes medications. If you and your doctor decide cinnamon is right for you, pay close attention to your blood sugar levels. Let your doctor know if your blood sugar levels fall too low.

Taking cinnamon with drugs that affect the liver may increase the risk of liver problems. If you take any medication, talk to your doctor before taking cinnamon.

Guest guest

Lois,

This is what I found on WebMd. They sound like they are on the middle of the road though and said to refer to your doctor for more information. Not sure how much it helped. But it might be worth looking into it more though.

Cinnamon and Benefits for Diabetes

For years, people have touted cinnamon for its potential diabetes benefits. Does the aromatic cooking spice actually help people with diabetes?

It may not be time to toss your diabetes medicines just yet. Studies on the use of cinnamon for diabetes have been mixed. But most research does not support cinnamon for treating diabetes. The American Diabetes Association says cinnamon has no place in the treatment of diabetes.

Does Cinnamon Help Diabetes?

Cinnamon comes in two varieties -- Ceylon cinnamon and cassia cinnamon. Cassia cinnamon is the kind most Americans use for baking and cooking. It's also the variety most researchers have used when they've studied cinnamon and diabetes.

Some of this research has shown that cinnamon may lower blood sugar by decreasing insulin resistance. In people with type 2 diabetes, the sugar-lowering hormone insulin does not work as well. This leads to higher blood sugar levels.

In one study, volunteers ate from 1 to 6 grams of cinnamon for 40 days. One gram of ground cinnamon is about half a teaspoon. Researchers found that cinnamon reduced cholesterol by about 18% and blood sugar levels by 24%.

In another study, volunteers ate cinnamon and rice pudding after a meal. These volunteers had reduced blood sugar levels.

In other studies cinnamon did not decrease blood sugar or cholesterol levels.

Is Cinnamon Safe for People With Diabetes?

Cinnamon appears to be safe. People with liver damage should be careful because large amounts of cinnamon may increase liver problems in these people.

Cinnamon supplements are classified as a “food†not a drug. Unlike medications, supplement makers don’t have to prove their products are safe or effective. The FDA, however, can force a supplement from the market if it proves it’s unsafe.

If you do plan on buying a cinnamon supplement, choose brands labeled with a “quality seal.†These include the NSF International, US Pharmacopeia, or Consumerlab seal. This helps assure that the supplement actually contains the ingredients stated on the label. It also helps guarantee that the product doesn’t contain any contaminants or potentially harmful ingredients.

Does Cinnamon Interact With Other Herbs or Medications?

Because cinnamon may lower blood sugar levels, exercise caution when combining it with other supplements that lower sugar levels, including:

alpha lipoic acid bitter melon chromium devil’s claw fenugreek garlic horse chestnut Panax Siberian ginseng psyllium

The same holds true with diabetes medications. If you and your doctor decide cinnamon is right for you, pay close attention to your blood sugar levels. Let your doctor know if your blood sugar levels fall too low.

Taking cinnamon with drugs that affect the liver may increase the risk of liver problems. If you take any medication, talk to your doctor before taking cinnamon.

Guest guest

That's funny. maybe it meant he knew why, but he can't put it in words. i am always making up what I think Karac wants to say. LOL, LOL

Pat,

Guest guest

That's funny. maybe it meant he knew why, but he can't put it in words. i am always making up what I think Karac wants to say. LOL, LOL

Pat,

Guest guest

Thanks so much for the info! J had a good day today and I found him some spgetti that is low in carbs! And J ate "SWEET POTATO FRIES"!!! WOOHOO! I am going to start getting them! Lois

Guest guest

Thanks so much for the info! J had a good day today and I found him some spgetti that is low in carbs! And J ate "SWEET POTATO FRIES"!!! WOOHOO! I am going to start getting them! Lois

Guest guest

I think he is doing it sometimes to get a reaction out of me. Lois

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lois,

you are so welcome! That is sooooo awesome that J had a great day. I never heard

of sweet potatoe fries. I bet my kids would like them.

Thanks so much for the info! J had a good day today and I found him some

spgetti that is low in carbs! And J ate " SWEET POTATO FRIES " !!! WOOHOO! I am

going to start getting them!

Guest guest

Lois,

you are so welcome! That is sooooo awesome that J had a great day. I never heard

of sweet potatoe fries. I bet my kids would like them.

Thanks so much for the info! J had a good day today and I found him some

spgetti that is low in carbs! And J ate " SWEET POTATO FRIES " !!! WOOHOO! I am

going to start getting them!

Guest guest

If J is anything like Karac, that would be the truth. LOL, LOL, Pat K

Guest guest

If J is anything like Karac, that would be the truth. LOL, LOL, Pat K

Guest guest

Lois, I have been intending to ask you if J shaves himself. Pat K

Guest guest

Lois, I have been intending to ask you if J shaves himself. Pat K

Guest guest

Pat,

No- I shave him........And he has a load of hair! haha! lois

Guest guest

Pat,

Guest guest

(DH) is the only one that Karac will let shave him, I'm really wanting Karac to learn to shave himself, and I

think he can if I can just teach how to teach him. I think if Karac had his own shaver while was shaving

himself and say, "Do this". I think Karac would do. Have you tried to teach J? Love and blessings, Pat K

Pat,

Guest guest

(DH) is the only one that Karac will let shave him, I'm really wanting Karac to learn to shave himself, and I

think he can if I can just teach how to teach him. I think if Karac had his own shaver while was shaving

himself and say, "Do this". I think Karac would do. Have you tried to teach J? Love and blessings, Pat K

Pat,

Guest guest

I have tried.........He says no-no but i don't want to "push" him right now while he has been doing all this slapping and tapping.

He had a good day at awakeings today. He came home and tapped me and the dog (My white boxer) snairled at him! J backed away! I don't want "Buster" doing that but it is so sweet how he wants to protect me.

I told him he is only going to get the sugarfree popcycles tomorow when we go to the store and he said "Green box"..Which is the "real ones". I said no- Only the sugarfree and he started to get "cha-chaing about it. I told him hey J-You have high blood sugar you can only have the sugarfree andhe kept saying "green box" Its a mess! Lois

Guest guest

I have tried.........He says no-no but i don't want to "push" him right now while he has been doing all this slapping and tapping.

He had a good day at awakeings today. He came home and tapped me and the dog (My white boxer) snairled at him! J backed away! I don't want "Buster" doing that but it is so sweet how he wants to protect me.

I told him he is only going to get the sugarfree popcycles tomorow when we go to the store and he said "Green box"..Which is the "real ones". I said no- Only the sugarfree and he started to get "cha-chaing about it. I told him hey J-You have high blood sugar you can only have the sugarfree andhe kept saying "green box" Its a mess! Lois

Guest guest

Pat,

I haven't gotten your pictures yet....just wanted to let you know. Lois (:

Guest guest

Pat,

I haven't gotten your pictures yet....just wanted to let you know. Lois (: