RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Sugar med.....Fish spout!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kate,

It is called Riomet and we just found out that J had high blood sugar......From his med he takes and drinking to much pop and popcycles.The Dr. gave me a script to get a monator to check him. Lois

Guest guest

How old is J? My Son is 7 and sometimes can be really aggressive and violent towards me - not anyone else.

K

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 9:15 PM, lois noland <jlois@...> wrote:

Kate,

It is called Riomet and we just found out that J had high blood sugar......From his med he takes and drinking to much pop and popcycles.The Dr. gave me a script to get a monator to check him. Lois

-- Kate Myers

Guest guest

How old is J? My Son is 7 and sometimes can be really aggressive and violent towards me - not anyone else.

K

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 9:15 PM, lois noland <jlois@...> wrote:

Kate,

-- Kate Myers

Guest guest

J is 22. J was very loving as a child but when he hit pubeity he went thru a bunch of up and downs and that is when we started him on a med.

J is the same way with me. I am the one he slaps.........I know he loves me to death BUT he also uses me to slap when he has anxiety and agression. Lois

Guest guest

J is 22. J was very loving as a child but when he hit pubeity he went thru a bunch of up and downs and that is when we started him on a med.

J is the same way with me. I am the one he slaps.........I know he loves me to death BUT he also uses me to slap when he has anxiety and agression. Lois

Guest guest

Hi Lois,

Sorry I'm barging in here, but I remember being told many years ago that our

children only act out where they feel the most safe.

I hope this can help you in some way.

>

> J is 22. J was very loving as a child but when he hit pubeity he went thru a

bunch of up and downs and that is when we started him on a med.

> J is the same way with me. I am the one he slaps.........I know he loves me to

death BUT he also uses me to slap when he has anxiety and agression. Lois

> Re: Sugar med.....Fish spout!!!

>

Guest guest

Hi Lois,

Sorry I'm barging in here, but I remember being told many years ago that our

children only act out where they feel the most safe.

I hope this can help you in some way.

>

> J is 22. J was very loving as a child but when he hit pubeity he went thru a

bunch of up and downs and that is when we started him on a med.

> J is the same way with me. I am the one he slaps.........I know he loves me to

death BUT he also uses me to slap when he has anxiety and agression. Lois

> Re: Sugar med.....Fish spout!!!

>

Guest guest

Hi! Yes, I know that is true..........Its still hard as J is not little anymore and it hurts when he slaps.Sometimes I hit back and I know I shouldn't as that causes more agression But after a while you get tired of it and don't know what else to do. Lois

Guest guest

Hi! Yes, I know that is true..........Its still hard as J is not little anymore and it hurts when he slaps.Sometimes I hit back and I know I shouldn't as that causes more agression But after a while you get tired of it and don't know what else to do. Lois

Guest guest

That is AWESOME...what a smart mommy you are ;) So fun too :)

e

From: lois noland <jlois@...>autism Sent: Thu, November 5, 2009 7:02:00 PMSubject: Re: Sugar med.....Fish spout!!!

J had a good day at the day program today. I wanted to let you know that we were at the food store yesterday and I saw this "fish spout" that you put on a sink spout and when you push on his "tounge" it lets water come up like the water machines in school! Well.....I got one and I hooked it up and said "J-Look! Its like at school! Just turn it on and drink the water....... ...HE DID!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!! WOOHOO!!!!!! !!!!!!!! I am now getting some water in him!!! I am very happy over that! I went back and bought 3 more! haha! Lois

Re: Sugar med

Guest guest

good info..... my 3 yr old likes the word "ice" this would work for him too...............I'm the kind of mom though that only puts a tiny dash of juice in from the beginning....I'm boring :) LOL...and cheap!! :) So it's not much a thing as of yet...although I am noticing that he's asking for juice more....so we may be doing the Icy Cold as well :)

e

From: Kate Myers <katemyersny@...>autism Sent: Thu, November 5, 2009 8:14:34 PMSubject: Re: Sugar med.....Fish spout!!!

we keep a pitcher of "Icy Cold" in the fridge - Joe readily accepts "icy cold" over juice and soda - before the "icy cold" Joe was all about juice and soda.

Kate - Brooklyn

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 9:11 PM, <pkuenstleraol (DOT) com> wrote:

That is so cool!! Now maybe J will start drinking more water and less soda. That's great. I'm so thankful that J had a good day.

Maybe the crisis is over. Love and blessings, Pat K Re: Sugar med.....Fish spout!!!

J had a good day at the day program today. I wanted to let you know that we were at the food store yesterday and I saw this "fish spout" that you put on a sink spout and when you push on his "tounge" it lets water come up like the water machines in school! Well.....I got one and I hooked it up and said "J-Look! Its like at school! Just turn it on and drink the water....... ...HE DID!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!! WOOHOO!!!!!! !!!!!!!! I am now getting some water in him!!! I am very happy over that! I went back and bought 3 more! haha! Lois

Re: Sugar med

-- Kate Myers

Guest guest

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Love you Pat K :)

e

From: "pkuenstler@..." <pkuenstler@...>autism Sent: Thu, November 5, 2009 10:51:31 PMSubject: Re: Sugar med.....Fish spout!!!

It's a God thing. He meets all our needs. That gives me joy. I'll keep praying. Love and blessings, Pat K Re: Sugar med.....Fish spout!!!

Pat,

I know!!! He has been drinking it alot tonight! I am sooo glad I found that fish thing! haha! Lois

Guest guest

So true.... :) Chiming too -- Hi, good to "hear" you :)

e

You too Lois ;)

From: karenrichard2000 <karenrichard2000@...>autism Sent: Fri, November 6, 2009 8:33:56 PMSubject: Re: Sugar med.....Fish spout!!!

Hi Lois,Sorry I'm barging in here, but I remember being told many years ago that our children only act out where they feel the most safe.I hope this can help you in some way.>> J is 22. J was very loving as a child but when he hit pubeity he went thru a bunch of up and downs and that is when we started him on a med. > J is the same way with me. I am the one he slaps....... ..I know he loves me to death BUT he also uses me to slap when he has anxiety and agression. Lois> Re: Sugar med.....Fish spout!!!>

Guest guest

So true.... :) Chiming too -- Hi, good to "hear" you :)

e

You too Lois ;)

From: karenrichard2000 <karenrichard2000@...>autism Sent: Fri, November 6, 2009 8:33:56 PMSubject: Re: Sugar med.....Fish spout!!!

Hi Lois,Sorry I'm barging in here, but I remember being told many years ago that our children only act out where they feel the most safe.I hope this can help you in some way.>> J is 22. J was very loving as a child but when he hit pubeity he went thru a bunch of up and downs and that is when we started him on a med. > J is the same way with me. I am the one he slaps....... ..I know he loves me to death BUT he also uses me to slap when he has anxiety and agression. Lois> Re: Sugar med.....Fish spout!!!>

Guest guest

No, Lois, I haven't gotten the pictures yet, but I will let you know as soon as I get them. I'm looking for them

every day. I'm sorry that J's sugar levels are up, but I'm sure you will be able to get them down. Has J stopped

tapping? Did he have a good day yesterday? Love and blessings, Pat K

Took J to the Dr. Today......Still high! 405!! But when he first started it was 471 so it is slowly coming down. He told me to up the sugar med a half a tespoon and I am to start testing him 3 times a day and take him back in 10 days.

He is still drinking the water!

Pat-Did you get the pictures? Lois

Guest guest

No, Lois, I haven't gotten the pictures yet, but I will let you know as soon as I get them. I'm looking for them

every day. I'm sorry that J's sugar levels are up, but I'm sure you will be able to get them down. Has J stopped

tapping? Did he have a good day yesterday? Love and blessings, Pat K

Took J to the Dr. Today......Still high! 405!! But when he first started it was 471 so it is slowly coming down. He told me to up the sugar med a half a tespoon and I am to start testing him 3 times a day and take him back in 10 days.

He is still drinking the water!

Pat-Did you get the pictures? Lois

Guest guest

Pat,

J is still "tapping" but nothing like when he was off the zpraxa. He had a good day today except for the tapping. Had to go to the food store tho and had to "fight" J on the "real" popcycles. I got 1 box and "Mixed" them with the sugar free. Those pictures should have come today. I sent them tuesday. Lois

Guest guest

Pat,

J is still "tapping" but nothing like when he was off the zpraxa. He had a good day today except for the tapping. Had to go to the food store tho and had to "fight" J on the "real" popcycles. I got 1 box and "Mixed" them with the sugar free. Those pictures should have come today. I sent them tuesday. Lois

Guest guest

Are you giving J the same amount of Zyprexa as before? Do the popcycles taste differently?PK

Pat,

Guest guest

Are you giving J the same amount of Zyprexa as before? Do the popcycles taste differently?PK

Pat,

Guest guest

Yes, J is taking what he use to take of the zpraxa. 5mgs at night and one half a tablet in the morning.

I think I have found out why J isen't wild about the sugarfree kind........They don't have the same "texture" as the "real ones. They don't melt as fast and are more Icey. But he does like the "EDY'S brand of sugar free. Lois

Guest guest

Yes, J is taking what he use to take of the zpraxa. 5mgs at night and one half a tablet in the morning.

I think I have found out why J isen't wild about the sugarfree kind........They don't have the same "texture" as the "real ones. They don't melt as fast and are more Icey. But he does like the "EDY'S brand of sugar free. Lois

Guest guest

Will J be ok if they can get the blood sugar down?

Guest guest

Will J be ok if they can get the blood sugar down?

Guest guest

I sure hope so Pat. J's Dr. contacted a Dr. that is a speaelist in high blood sugar. She is to call us this week to make an appointment. J isen't wild about having his blood being taken to check the blood sugar. I will let you know what she says. Lois