RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: say a prayer for Karac and DIL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That's good news Kellie. Karac had been doing well until today. I don't know what happened,

but my granddaughter told me that Karac attacked his mother and younger siblings in the car

today. I am concerned about that. Please say a prayer for Karac and DIL. Thanks, Pat K

school pictures

Hi everyone,

I think I uploaded pictures of my kids first days of school to the photo album. The screen was fuzzy at the end and wouldn't let me go anywhere so I'm not sure if they went through or not (they might go twice LOL). is doing well so far this year and they are letting me bring him home early every day so he is so much happier and not as stressed as he was before. Kellie

Guest guest

Pat,

Sorry to hear about Karac. I hope you find out what happened. I am so mad at my DH's family! I have no family here other then my older son and we asked them if they could help next week with taking me to work and J to his day program........ While the van is being fixed.........None of them wants to help!

I swear,my parents were always there for me as I was for them. DH's family......Everything has to have a price tag on it. Lois

Guest guest

Pat,

I will pray for Karac and all of you. Aggression is the hardest part of this! You have done such a great job teaching Karac to self regulate. Is there something special he does in the car? I hope you all get this figured out soon. Kellie

From: "pkuenstler@..." <pkuenstler@...>autism Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2009 8:17:46 PMSubject: Re: say a prayer for Karac and DIL

That's good news Kellie. Karac had been doing well until today. I don't know what happened,

but my granddaughter told me that Karac attacked his mother and younger siblings in the car

today. I am concerned about that. Please say a prayer for Karac and DIL. Thanks, Pat K school pictures

Hi everyone,I think I uploaded pictures of my kids first days of school to the photo album. The screen was fuzzy at the end and wouldn't let me go anywhere so I'm not sure if they went through or not (they might go twice LOL). is doing well so far this year and they are letting me bring him home early every day so he is so much happier and not as stressed as he was before. Kellie

Guest guest

Lois, I'm so sorry; I can't imagine family not helping family. How could anyone

turn you down. I wish I were close enough to help you. Hugs and prayers. Pat K

Pat,

Sorry to hear about Karac. I hope you find out what happened. I am so mad at my DH's family! I have no family here other then my older son and we asked them if they could help next week with taking me to work and J to his day program........ While the van is being fixed.........None of them wants to help!

I swear,my parents were always there for me as I was for them. DH's family......Everything has to have a price tag on it. Lois

Guest guest

I have a minivan and Karac sits in the back in my car with his blanket and snacks and music. DIL refuses to get

a minivan and she doesn't do anything to prevent meltdowns in her car. I imagine that his younger sister and brother

got to screaming and fighting with each other and Karac just couldn't tolerate it and had no way to calm himself down.

I wasn't there, but I have been in the car with his siblings and they would drive anyone nuts.

Another possibility is that Karac was angry that she and the kids picked him up from school instead of me.For 11 years I have picked Karac up after school or he has ridden the bus; Because of my age, I think DIL is trying to wean Karac away from me. So she decided this year that I

would just pick him up on Monday, Tuesdays, and Fridays. I can see her point, but it would help if she would makes some accommodations for his needs.

I don't know, Kellie, but I just know there was a reason.

The thing that just makes me so sad for Karac is that DIL just doesn't seem to understand his limits. I'm sure she is doing the best she can, but I will never understand why she doesn't want to work with me. I don't know; maybe I wouldn't want to work with me either, but we need each other.

I'm going to pray and go to bed. Thanks for your concern, dear email friend. Love and blessings, Pat K

school pictures

Hi everyone,

I think I uploaded pictures of my kids first days of school to the photo album. The screen was fuzzy at the end and wouldn't let me go anywhere so I'm not sure if they went through or not (they might go twice LOL). is doing well so far this year and they are letting me bring him home early every day so he is so much happier and not as stressed as he was before. Kellie

Guest guest

I feel so badly for Karac ...and you....It sounds like this episode could have ( should have) been avoided with some accomodations. You are in a tough spot considering it is your DIl who was in control of the situation but you would think she would be happy to learn some of life lessons from you. You and Karac have shown us all what can be achieved when we make accomodations for our autties!! Don't get discouraged.

( Nana to 16)

school pictures

Hi everyone,I think I uploaded pictures of my kids first days of school to the photo album. The screen was fuzzy at the end and wouldn't let me go anywhere so I'm not sure if they went through or not (they might go twice LOL). is doing well so far this year and they are letting me bring him home early every day so he is so much happier and not as stressed as he was before. Kellie

Guest guest

What is wrong with these people!! They need to be taught what the meaning of family is...In my defination family is people who love and support each other and birthright does not necessarily make a family. aaaggghhhhh..wish we all lived closer and then we could teach them the true meaning of family.

mary

Guest guest

Pat,

I don't know why she doesn't work with you! You have so much to give and you love Karac so much. I continue to pray for your DIL to work with you and put Karacs needs first. I'm sure there was a reason and it sounds like you have a good idea what goes on. Would earphones help? loves his and wears them often especially if it is noisy. I'm sure you've already thought of everything but I just wish I could help. I hope you have a great holiday weekend! Kellie

From: "pkuenstler@..." <pkuenstler@...>autism Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2009 10:32:28 PMSubject: Re: say a prayer for Karac and DIL

I have a minivan and Karac sits in the back in my car with his blanket and snacks and music. DIL refuses to get

a minivan and she doesn't do anything to prevent meltdowns in her car. I imagine that his younger sister and brother

got to screaming and fighting with each other and Karac just couldn't tolerate it and had no way to calm himself down.

I wasn't there, but I have been in the car with his siblings and they would drive anyone nuts.

Another possibility is that Karac was angry that she and the kids picked him up from school instead of me.For 11 years I have picked Karac up after school or he has ridden the bus; Because of my age, I think DIL is trying to wean Karac away from me. So she decided this year that I

would just pick him up on Monday, Tuesdays, and Fridays. I can see her point, but it would help if she would makes some accommodations for his needs.

I don't know, Kellie, but I just know there was a reason.

The thing that just makes me so sad for Karac is that DIL just doesn't seem to understand his limits. I'm sure she is doing the best she can, but I will never understand why she doesn't want to work with me. I don't know; maybe I wouldn't want to work with me either, but we need each other.

I'm going to pray and go to bed. Thanks for your concern, dear email friend. Love and blessings, Pat K school pictures

Guest guest

Pat,

Are you still getting Karac every week day or is he spending more time with his Mother?

C.

Guest guest

Pat,

Are you still getting Karac every week day or is he spending more time with his Mother?

C.

Guest guest

They have always been like that Pat. It makes me so mad! I have a lady where I work at say she would pick me up in the morning and I have another friend who can get me from work............Its a mess. Lois

Guest guest

They have always been like that Pat. It makes me so mad! I have a lady where I work at say she would pick me up in the morning and I have another friend who can get me from work............Its a mess. Lois

Guest guest

Thanks ! My parents are gone now. They were good people. DH's family always wants paid to do anything and they never call to ask how we are. Lois

Guest guest

Thanks ! My parents are gone now. They were good people. DH's family always wants paid to do anything and they never call to ask how we are. Lois

Guest guest

DIL has just changed it to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday morning, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Pat,

C.

Guest guest

DIL has just changed it to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday morning, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Pat,

C.

Guest guest

Thanks for your encouragement. You are absolutely right. The meltdown could

have been avoided with some accomodations. My son told me that today. He

said Karac was jammed in the car with the younger siblings which made him

agitated and he started biting his nails and could not stop himself. I carry gloves

in my purse and car at all times just for such times. If DIL would do the same, which

she refuses to do, she could have given Karac the gloves and that would have prevented

the meltdown. Poor Karac.

How are you and doing? Love and blessings, Pat K

I feel so badly for Karac ...and you....It sounds like this episode could have ( should have) been avoided with some accomodations. You are in a tough spot considering it is your DIl who was in control of the situation but you would think she would be happy to learn some of life lessons from you. You and Karac have shown us all what can be achieved when we make accomodations for our autties!! Don't get discouraged.

( Nana to 16)

school pictures

Hi everyone,

Guest guest

Thanks for your encouragement. You are absolutely right. The meltdown could

have been avoided with some accomodations. My son told me that today. He

said Karac was jammed in the car with the younger siblings which made him

agitated and he started biting his nails and could not stop himself. I carry gloves

in my purse and car at all times just for such times. If DIL would do the same, which

she refuses to do, she could have given Karac the gloves and that would have prevented

the meltdown. Poor Karac.

How are you and doing? Love and blessings, Pat K

( Nana to 16)

school pictures

Hi everyone,

Guest guest

I have asked myself that question for 20 years. Love and blessings, Pat K

What is wrong with these people!! They need to be taught what the meaning of family is...In my defination family is people who love and support each other and birthright does not necessarily make a family. aaaggghhhhh..wish we all lived closer and then we could teach them the true meaning of family.

mary

Guest guest

I have asked myself that question for 20 years. Love and blessings, Pat K

mary

Guest guest

Kellie, just a simple pair of gloves would have prevented the whole thing.

My son told me today that Karac got agitated with the siblings in the car; he

had no escape; so he started biting his nails and couldn't stop. He does that

when he gets real anxious. I keep a pair of gloves in my purse and in my car

at all times for just such times. DIL refuses to do it. I don't know if this

incident will change her or not. I have prayed for her.

You are right I love Karac dearly and he loves me. I do everything I can to

help. Today DIL called to see if I would keep Karac an extra couple of hours

so she and Konrad (our son) could go out to dinner,and I said I would be happy

to do it. . Karac was so sweet as I was leaving their house, he grabbed my hand and asked for

the gloves that he knew I carried for him.

Years ago I started a book about Karac. One chapter was entitled, "I'm not the Mother"

Kellie, I'm sure a lot of it is my fault. I was just so determined to give Karac every opportunity

to be all that I knew he was capable of being and I probably stepped over too many boundaries.

Love and blessings, Pat K

school pictures

Hi everyone,

Guest guest

Kellie, just a simple pair of gloves would have prevented the whole thing.

My son told me today that Karac got agitated with the siblings in the car; he

had no escape; so he started biting his nails and couldn't stop. He does that

when he gets real anxious. I keep a pair of gloves in my purse and in my car

at all times for just such times. DIL refuses to do it. I don't know if this

incident will change her or not. I have prayed for her.

You are right I love Karac dearly and he loves me. I do everything I can to

help. Today DIL called to see if I would keep Karac an extra couple of hours

so she and Konrad (our son) could go out to dinner,and I said I would be happy

to do it. . Karac was so sweet as I was leaving their house, he grabbed my hand and asked for

the gloves that he knew I carried for him.

Years ago I started a book about Karac. One chapter was entitled, "I'm not the Mother"

Kellie, I'm sure a lot of it is my fault. I was just so determined to give Karac every opportunity

to be all that I knew he was capable of being and I probably stepped over too many boundaries.

Love and blessings, Pat K

school pictures

Hi everyone,

Guest guest

Pat,

I am frustrated with your DIL. What will it take for her to understand Karac's needs and listen to you?? I will keep you, Karac, and DIL in my prayers. I hope one day she will be able to see what she is doing isn't working and that you know what works for him. How is Karac doing?

Guest guest

Just now got this Pat K....oh goodness, my heart is so sad about this. Will go to the Throne today specifically for your family in prayer...Karac is a good kid....something must have happened.

I will pray...sending my thoughts and heart :)

e

From: Kellie <folkangel@...>autism Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2009 8:33:50 PMSubject: Re: say a prayer for Karac and DIL

Pat,

I will pray for Karac and all of you. Aggression is the hardest part of this! You have done such a great job teaching Karac to self regulate. Is there something special he does in the car? I hope you all get this figured out soon. Kellie

From: "pkuenstler@ aol.com" <pkuenstleraol (DOT) com>AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comSent: Thursday, September 3, 2009 8:17:46 PMSubject: Re: say a prayer for Karac and DIL

today. I am concerned about that. Please say a prayer for Karac and DIL. Thanks, Pat K school pictures

Guest guest

so sorry about this Lois...sort of goes back to all of us needing a commune huh??? LOL

praying for you this morning...writing as I go :)

e

From: "pkuenstler@..." <pkuenstler@...>autism Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2009 10:13:19 PMSubject: Re: say a prayer for Karac and DIL

Lois, I'm so sorry; I can't imagine family not helping family. How could anyone

turn you down. I wish I were close enough to help you. Hugs and prayers. Pat K Re: say a prayer for Karac and DIL

Pat,

Sorry to hear about Karac. I hope you find out what happened. I am so mad at my DH's family! I have no family here other then my older son and we asked them if they could help next week with taking me to work and J to his day program..... ... While the van is being fixed....... ..None of them wants to help!

I swear,my parents were always there for me as I was for them. DH's family...... Everything has to have a price tag on it. Lois