RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

measurements

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I come up with 12.8 ounces...someone correct me if I am wrong.

Live and Love Well,

Sandy

le Brown <danielletx@...> wrote: okay, so i must confess that i'm not

a mathematician and therefore

can't really (very easily) calculate the proper measurements. so.

for all those who loved word problems in school, here's one for you:

i have a 2 gallon jug of kombucha. if i want to add 5% fruit juices,

how many ounces of fruit juice should i add...?

thanks in advance, y'all! you've all been VERY helpful, and i'm

loving my kombucha!

danielle

Guest guest

I get 12.8 fluid ounces.

Two gallons has 256 fluid ounces, then you multiply by .05.

:)

Bruce

“If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

measurements

okay, so i must confess that i'm not a mathematician and therefore

loving my kombucha!

danielle

_

Guest guest

In message <152155.71368.qm@...> you wrote:

> I get 12.8 fluid ounces.

>

> Two gallons has 256 fluid ounces, then you multiply by .05.

>

> :)

> Bruce

Being quite a hopeless mathematician myself and not very good at

fractions I had a go at the same problem in converting the

US gallon into cups and taking it from there, something as follows:

5% of 2 gallons?

2 gallons = 32 cups

5% of 32 cups = 32/20 = 16/10 = 1.6 cups ... just over 1 and a half cups.

Does that make it a bit more practical?

Blessings mathematical,

Margret;-)

--

+------------------ Minstrel@... --------------------+

<:))))<>< http://www.therpc.f9.co.uk <:))))<><

http://www.AnswersInGenesis.com

+----------------- http://www.Gotquestions.org ------------------+

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack

me at once.

Guest guest

Hi le,

I'll answer the smart alec way ... avoid the math altogether.

Rather than adding the fruit juice to my KT brewing jug, I would it

add it to my glass, just before drinking.

I'm a bit of a purist and don't like to add anything to my brewing

jugs ... if I add any other flavors or herbs, it's during the second

ferment when I bottle.

Thanks for letting me share my 2¢ worth ;-)

Peace and blessings,

Fran

measurements

Posted by: " le Brown " danielletx@... danitx

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:18 pm (PST)

okay, so i must confess that i'm not a mathematician and therefore

loving my kombucha!

danielle

Guest guest

I found my measurements!!! from day 1 to day 30 of CLX.

Bust - -2 in

Waist - - 2 in

Hips - -1 1/2 in

arms and thighs stayed the same measurements

Get this though, specific lbs lost - 7.4

BODY FAT 4 %

that just goes to show... muscle burns fat!!!

I can't believe I actually dropped that much body fat! I remember when it was

above 30%. (12% on day 30) It will be interesting to see what day 60 will bring

( especially since my diet has slipped this month) We'll see. I think and hope

it will be the same or better!!!

Guest guest

Hi , that's great! Are you following CLX as written or did you modify it? If so, how?

Jen

From: kellyboatright@... <kellyboatright@...>Subject: measurements Date: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 3:35 PM

I found my measurements! !! from day 1 to day 30 of CLX.Bust - -2 in Waist - - 2 inHips - -1 1/2 inarms and thighs stayed the same measurementsGet this though, specific lbs lost - 7.4 BODY FAT 4 % that just goes to show... muscle burns fat!!! I can't believe I actually dropped that much body fat! I remember when it was above 30%. (12% on day 30) It will be interesting to see what day 60 will bring ( especially since my diet has slipped this month) We'll see. I think and hope it will be the same or better!!!

Guest guest

Hi , that's great! Are you following CLX as written or did you modify it? If so, how?

Jen

From: kellyboatright@... <kellyboatright@...>Subject: measurements Date: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 3:35 PM

I found my measurements! !! from day 1 to day 30 of CLX.Bust - -2 in Waist - - 2 inHips - -1 1/2 inarms and thighs stayed the same measurementsGet this though, specific lbs lost - 7.4 BODY FAT 4 % that just goes to show... muscle burns fat!!! I can't believe I actually dropped that much body fat! I remember when it was above 30%. (12% on day 30) It will be interesting to see what day 60 will bring ( especially since my diet has slipped this month) We'll see. I think and hope it will be the same or better!!!

Guest guest

wow, congrats on those results! Diet is such a big factor, isn't it? *SIGH* I wish it weren't!Donna (who is going to experiment w/ eating more protein - something I tend to have trouble doing....)

Guest guest

Hi ,

Congrats on the great results! Be careful about the body fat though, your body does need a certain amount of fat in order to work right. I'm at about 14% and was cautioned by a trainer not to drop any more, that I was already too far below the 20% recommended for women my age (42). I know having too low body fat in women can mess up your menstrual cycles (and cause you to not have any... which I'm not so sure is such a bad thing) and I'm sure it can do other not so great things. She asked me if I was having problems with that but because I was on a med (Tamoxifen) which totally messes up cycles I wasn't sure if the low body fat was also interfering or not. I'm finally off Tamoxifen now (which means I'm truly cancer free!!!!!!!!!! 5 year breast cancer survivor!!!!!!) and am waiting for my first Tamoxifen-free cycle. I've been told that one will be super out of whack but after that I'll know better what to expect. If it is still screwy I'll talk with my doctor about it and see if I need to (gasp) gain weight. I hope not! ;-)

measurements

I found my measurements!!! from day 1 to day 30 of CLX.Bust - -2 in Waist - - 2 inHips - -1 1/2 inarms and thighs stayed the same measurementsGet this though, specific lbs lost - 7.4 BODY FAT 4 % that just goes to show... muscle burns fat!!! I can't believe I actually dropped that much body fat! I remember when it was above 30%. (12% on day 30) It will be interesting to see what day 60 will bring ( especially since my diet has slipped this month) We'll see. I think and hope it will be the same or better!!!

Guest guest

Hi ,

Congrats on the great results! Be careful about the body fat though, your body does need a certain amount of fat in order to work right. I'm at about 14% and was cautioned by a trainer not to drop any more, that I was already too far below the 20% recommended for women my age (42). I know having too low body fat in women can mess up your menstrual cycles (and cause you to not have any... which I'm not so sure is such a bad thing) and I'm sure it can do other not so great things. She asked me if I was having problems with that but because I was on a med (Tamoxifen) which totally messes up cycles I wasn't sure if the low body fat was also interfering or not. I'm finally off Tamoxifen now (which means I'm truly cancer free!!!!!!!!!! 5 year breast cancer survivor!!!!!!) and am waiting for my first Tamoxifen-free cycle. I've been told that one will be super out of whack but after that I'll know better what to expect. If it is still screwy I'll talk with my doctor about it and see if I need to (gasp) gain weight. I hope not! ;-)

measurements

I found my measurements!!! from day 1 to day 30 of CLX.Bust - -2 in Waist - - 2 inHips - -1 1/2 inarms and thighs stayed the same measurementsGet this though, specific lbs lost - 7.4 BODY FAT 4 % that just goes to show... muscle burns fat!!! I can't believe I actually dropped that much body fat! I remember when it was above 30%. (12% on day 30) It will be interesting to see what day 60 will bring ( especially since my diet has slipped this month) We'll see. I think and hope it will be the same or better!!!

Guest guest

Hi ,

measurements

Guest guest

Hi ,

measurements

Guest guest

-

I saw your post and had to say CONGRATULATIONS on being FIVE years cancer free!That is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you celebrate?

I just hit 3 years cancer free. How was Tamoxifen for you aside from the cycle side effects? I didn't take it - I decided to really work on eating lots of veggies mainly the cabbage family. I just had a follow up visit today and everything is going fine. I was just so happy for you when I read your post!

In a message dated 5/28/2009 8:04:21 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, nancydewolf@... writes:

Hi ,

measurements

We found the real 'Hotel California' and the 'Seinfeld' diner. What will you find? Explore WhereItsAt.com.

Guest guest

WOOHOO!! FABULOUS! That's superb! Extra congrats on the decreased

waist measurement. You just did something fabulous for your health.

-- who can't wait to get her sent, even though I accidentally

flubbed the mailiing addy, but Beachbody dealt with it wonderfully. (I

ordered on the day that I had lost my glasses, LOL).

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM, kellyboatright@...

<kellyboatright@...> wrote:

> I found my measurements!!! from day 1 to day 30 of CLX.

>

> Bust - -2 in

>

> Waist - - 2 in

>

> Hips - -1 1/2 in

>

> arms and thighs stayed the same measurements

>

> Get this though, specific lbs lost - 7.4

>

> BODY FAT 4 %

>

> that just goes to show... muscle burns fat!!!

>

> I can't believe I actually dropped that much body fat! I remember when it was

above 30%. (12% on day 30) It will be interesting to see what day 60 will bring

( especially since my diet has slipped this month) We'll see. I think and hope

it will be the same or better!!!

>

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

Wow, , I didn't know there was another survivor in this group!!! Congratulations to you too on being 3 years cancer free!!! That is super awesome!!! I kind of celebrated, I was really stressed, tired and super busy the day before but I also did the Survivor dinner and lap at our local American Cancer Society Relay for Life with other breast cancer survivor friends who I work with and told them and they all cheered for me which was nice. It was nice being with other people who knew exactly what I was feeling that day. They are inspirations too because they've been survivors longer. DH & I are going to go out to dinner at some point, just us, to celebrate I think. He wanted to do something big that day but I just couldn't. I scrapbooked at my best friend's house with her and other friends on the day I actually took the last pill and my friend's there were also really happy for me. The kids celebrated with me too. They were 2 & 5 when I was diagnosed and sort of remember it but not really. One of Miriam's classmate's mom's just lost her own fight (age 35) though this past October and Miriam was very aware of that but didn't connect it strongly with me thankfully.

Aside from the cycle side effects (which were hugely annoying but at least it didn't send me into menopause... I had just turned 37 when I was diagnosed), it was okay. I didn't have any menopausal symptoms or other issues. I took part in a study for the first year and among other things it was looking at, my bone mass, which was already really good looked like the tamoxifen had improved it too. I had one doc tell me it was optional for me to take it, since my cancer was caught very early (I had to have a mastectomy but no rads or chemo). Another doc suggested I should because they actually found two different kinds of cancer, one of which was a type that doesn't spread (DCIS) but did have very aggressive cells, and the other, which was called a micro invasion (less than 3 mm), was a kind that does spread (lobular carcinoma). I decided to take the tamoxifen. I also did not have healthy eating or exercise habits in place at the time and knew I would not, especially under the circumstances, do myself a lot of good with nutrition or other healthy living habits. I wanted to but it still took me a year after diagnosis to finally work on losing weight and another year after that to start exercising and really eating well. It was the right decision for me. It gave me more peace of mind than I would have had and that alone was very powerful I think. It was a little scary to stop taking it because of that but also very liberating too.

Thanks for celebrating with me and I am so happy for you too!!!

Hugs,

measurements

We found the real 'Hotel California' and the 'Seinfeld' diner. What will you find? Explore WhereItsAt.com.

Guest guest

Wow, , I didn't know there was another survivor in this group!!! Congratulations to you too on being 3 years cancer free!!! That is super awesome!!! I kind of celebrated, I was really stressed, tired and super busy the day before but I also did the Survivor dinner and lap at our local American Cancer Society Relay for Life with other breast cancer survivor friends who I work with and told them and they all cheered for me which was nice. It was nice being with other people who knew exactly what I was feeling that day. They are inspirations too because they've been survivors longer. DH & I are going to go out to dinner at some point, just us, to celebrate I think. He wanted to do something big that day but I just couldn't. I scrapbooked at my best friend's house with her and other friends on the day I actually took the last pill and my friend's there were also really happy for me. The kids celebrated with me too. They were 2 & 5 when I was diagnosed and sort of remember it but not really. One of Miriam's classmate's mom's just lost her own fight (age 35) though this past October and Miriam was very aware of that but didn't connect it strongly with me thankfully.

Aside from the cycle side effects (which were hugely annoying but at least it didn't send me into menopause... I had just turned 37 when I was diagnosed), it was okay. I didn't have any menopausal symptoms or other issues. I took part in a study for the first year and among other things it was looking at, my bone mass, which was already really good looked like the tamoxifen had improved it too. I had one doc tell me it was optional for me to take it, since my cancer was caught very early (I had to have a mastectomy but no rads or chemo). Another doc suggested I should because they actually found two different kinds of cancer, one of which was a type that doesn't spread (DCIS) but did have very aggressive cells, and the other, which was called a micro invasion (less than 3 mm), was a kind that does spread (lobular carcinoma). I decided to take the tamoxifen. I also did not have healthy eating or exercise habits in place at the time and knew I would not, especially under the circumstances, do myself a lot of good with nutrition or other healthy living habits. I wanted to but it still took me a year after diagnosis to finally work on losing weight and another year after that to start exercising and really eating well. It was the right decision for me. It gave me more peace of mind than I would have had and that alone was very powerful I think. It was a little scary to stop taking it because of that but also very liberating too.

Thanks for celebrating with me and I am so happy for you too!!!

Hugs,

measurements

Guest guest

<nancydewolf@...> wrote:

>

>

>Be careful about the body fat though, your body does need a certain amount of

fat in >order to work right. I'm at about 14% and was cautioned by a trainer not

to drop any >more, that I was already too far below the 20% recommended for

women my age (42).

That's interesting. I've never heard such a thing. I was under the impression

,especially with belly fat, it's a bad thing. Not to mention, unattractive.

I don't want to be totally without fat, bodybuilderish. I would like to be able

to sit without having a layer of fat laying on my lap. I would like to have a

six pack (which I'm pretty sure I have but it's hiding behind the belly fat.) Of

course, i'd like to know how much of the belly stuff on me is fat vs extra skin.

( I'd been overweight, actually obese, for some time and had two really big

babies...9lbs and 9.3lbs, my first was only 7.8 but he didn't have enough room

to go and was born with club foot. (all better now, had surgery at 6 months old

or he wouldn't of been able to walk.) Yeah, so I was huge!!! And at only 5.3.

my skin stretched out to the max!

>(which means I'm truly cancer free!!!!!!!!!! 5 year breast cancer

survivor!!!!!!)

Congratulations!!!!!

Guest guest

Yes, the body has to have fat for proper function. For women, that

number is around 10 - 13%, and for men it's around 2 - 4%.

" Underfat " would be 5 - 7% for men and 14 - 20% for women. These

percents will vary a bit depending on age.

Darcy

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 8:46 AM, kellyboatright@...

<kellyboatright@...> wrote:

>

> That's interesting. I've never heard such a thing. I was under the

> impression ,especially with belly fat, it's a bad thing. Not to mention,

> unattractive.

Guest guest

from Michigan <volleyjen0416@...> wrote:

>

>    Hi , that's great!  Are you following CLX as written or did you modify

it?  If so, how?

>  

I do the workouts as outlined. However, at the end of the month i skipped the

last cardio and went to the next phase (Push) so it wouldn't miss up my workout

schedule.

I didn't do to much extra stuff either. I did great abs guar. probably 2 x a

week up til I had hurt my hip flexor. And some extra cardio here and there, 10 -

30 min but not much, only when I had the time.

I was very good with my eating up til the end of the month. We went out to eat 2

sundays in a row and I went crazy on the yummies! No specific diet. Just the new

way I eat. I say I average 1600 calories a day. But I really don't focus on

that. If I'm hungry.... I eat!

BF is usually light-

Activia w/ strawberries added or

multi grain cherrios w/ banana in skim milk or

s. eggs w/ cheese/and an orange

or

skakeology

mid morning snack-

p90x bars - after weight training days! right after workout. I only get 3/4's of

it b/c my

girls want some.

or

Fiber Plus Antioxd. bars - I really like them both but I've been doing the dark

chocolate/almond one instead of

the milk chocolate one

Lunch-

Shakelology if I didnt have it for b.f. or

tuna w/ crackers or on w.w.bread or

leftovers

mid day snack -

granny smith apple with p.b on top -- yummy!!! or

activia w/ strawberries or

orange or

sun chips or

Fiber Plus Antiox bars

dinner -

something healthy - protien, veggies

Hope this helps. I see you do a lot of BB stuff. Turbo Jam is a fav of mine

also. I got started with my weight loss doing Hip Hop Abs. Are you a coach also

or a bb member? If so, what is your screen name? I'll add you as a workout

buddy.

BB coach BeSexyNow

www.fitnesspaystoday.com

Guest guest

Too little body fat will mess up your cycles and cause an inability to have

children, as well as other biological problems. Fat is the primary

component of cell walls, so you have to have some of it to survive.

How are you doing your body fat analysis? I'm curious because some ways of

determining it will show a lower percentage then what is accurate. If you

are still having a roll around the belly that is fat, then you aren't in the

teens with body fat. So, if it is an accurate way of doing body fat

(bio-impedance or hydrostatic weighing are the most accurate), then I would

guess it is the excess skin. Unfortunately, the only way to get rid of

excess skin is with plastic surgery.

Tonya

Re: measurements

<nancydewolf@...> wrote:

>

>

>Be careful about the body fat though, your body does need a certain amount

of fat in >order to work right. I'm at about 14% and was cautioned by a

trainer not to drop any >more, that I was already too far below the 20%

recommended for women my age (42).

That's interesting. I've never heard such a thing. I was under the

impression ,especially with belly fat, it's a bad thing. Not to mention,

unattractive.

I don't want to be totally without fat, bodybuilderish. I would like to be

able to sit without having a layer of fat laying on my lap. I would like to

have a six pack (which I'm pretty sure I have but it's hiding behind the

belly fat.) Of course, i'd like to know how much of the belly stuff on me is

fat vs extra skin. ( I'd been overweight, actually obese, for some time and

had two really big babies...9lbs and 9.3lbs, my first was only 7.8 but he

didn't have enough room to go and was born with club foot. (all better now,

had surgery at 6 months old or he wouldn't of been able to walk.) Yeah, so

I was huge!!! And at only 5.3. my skin stretched out to the max!

>(which means I'm truly cancer free!!!!!!!!!! 5 year breast cancer

survivor!!!!!!)

Congratulations!!!!!

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Hi Darcy,

I'm not sure I understand your numbers. Your "underfat" (meaning not enough fat??) is higher than the numbers you say are right for men or women. I was told around 20% is good for women my age (41 at the time I had my body fat checked by a trainer using a professional model Tanita scale, not sure if that is very accurate or not, just assuming it is but might be wrong).

Re: Re: measurements

Yes, the body has to have fat for proper function. For women, thatnumber is around 10 - 13%, and for men it's around 2 - 4%."Underfat" would be 5 - 7% for men and 14 - 20% for women. Thesepercents will vary a bit depending on age.DarcyOn Sat, May 30, 2009 at 8:46 AM, kellyboatrightymail<kellyboatrightymail> wrote:>> That's interesting. I've never heard such a thing. I was under the> impression ,especially with belly fat, it's a bad thing. Not to mention,> unattractive.

Guest guest

Carrying excess fat around the belly is considered higher risk for heart issues especially but, as Tonya explained much better than I can, we need a certain amount of body fat for proper functioning and you can't control where your body deposits fat either. You might google it or check a medical website for more info. When I lost my weight I lost my love handles and my DH was a bit bummed because he liked being able to put his hand there as we walked together (he got over it though)! I have very low body fat and until recently still seemed to have what appeared to be too much fat around my stomach but a trainer told me I just needed to work on toning my core. I had two c-sections so that didn't help matters but it turns out she was right. I've been working abs pretty hard the last few months and I'm finally seeing some definition and much less of what I thought was fat. Hopefully you will have similar results soon too!

Thanks on the congrats too!

Re: measurements

<nancydewolf@...> wrote:>> >Be careful about the body fat though, your body does need a certain amount of fat in >order to work right. I'm at about 14% and was cautioned by a trainer not to drop any >more, that I was already too far below the 20% recommended for women my age (42).That's interesting. I've never heard such a thing. I was under the impression ,especially with belly fat, it's a bad thing. Not to mention, unattractive.I don't want to be totally without fat, bodybuilderish. I would like to be able to sit without having a layer of fat laying on my lap. I would like to have a six pack (which I'm pretty sure I have but it's hiding behind the belly fat.) Of course, i'd like to know how much of the belly stuff on me is fat vs extra skin. ( I'd been overweight, actually obese, for some time and had two really big babies...9lbs and 9.3lbs, my first was only 7.8 but he didn't have enough room to go and was born with club foot. (all better now, had surgery at 6 months old or he wouldn't of been able to walk.) Yeah, so I was huge!!! And at only 5.3. my skin stretched out to the max!>(which means I'm truly cancer free!!!!!!!!!! 5 year breast cancer survivor!!!!!!) Congratulations!!!!!

Guest guest

Correct. I took those numbers off of a chart from ISSA. Obviously

the essential fat would be " way underfat " too..LOL... The underfat

would mean that your body would function properly, but still

considered underfat. Whereas if you didn't have the essential fat,

your organs would not function properly. Make sense?

Tonya help out. I am TERRIBLE at trying to explain.... LOL..

Darcy

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 7:45 PM, <nancydewolf@...> wrote:

> Your " underfat " (meaning not enough fat??) is higher than the numbers you

> say are right for men or women. I was told around 20% is good for women my

> age (41 at the time I had my body fat checked by a trainer using a

> professional model Tanita scale, not sure if that is very accurate or not,

> just assuming it is but might be wrong).

>

Guest guest

Darcy

>

Guest guest

That's exactly right. Essential fat is just the amount of fat that your

body has to have in order to properly function. Underfat is above

essential, but still lower then optimal. Kinda like underweight is between

ideal weight and in a state of starvation.

Tonya

Re: Re: measurements

Darcy

>

------------------------------------