RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Why do the men on this site seem soo aggressive and bully so much?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lets remember, as said earlier, there are going to be differences of

opinion within

any group. Cutler protocol vs. DAN! vs. Yasko, homeopathy, chinese traditional

medicine,

etc...just as there are going to be disagreements regarding traditional

therapies. The

important thing to keep in mind if we are going to accomplish anything for our

children as

a group in the larger scheme of things is to keep our " eye on the prize " , so to

speak. Go

back and read the group guidelines and remember why we are all here: presumably

because we want to help our children and let the truth be known. Not to fight

amongst

each other. Please, let's show each other a little more respect.

From the other, more " quiet " moderator,

King

> > >>>>>>> > > > > > >

> > >>>>>>> > > > > > > I am refering to the comments made a few days

> back in

> > >> > regards

> > >>>> > > > to

> > >>>>> > > > > ABA,

> > >>>>>> > > > > > and persons doing their homework, and what they

> should have

> > >>> > > done,

> > >>>>> > > > > etc

> > >>>>>> > > > > > etc etc..... just those types of things. Why

> can't people

> > >>> > > just

> > >>>>> > > > > post

> > >>>>>> > > > > > the info and leave the sarcasm and the

> criticising and the

> > >>>>> > > > > bullying?

> > >>>>>> > > > > > I'm gonna say it again, people avoid people or

> groups of

> > >> > peolpe

> > >>>>> > > > > who are

> > >>>>>> > > > > > too hard to deal with. Avoidance becomes the

> tactic- not

> > >>> > > hearing

> > >>>>> > > > > you

> > >>>>>> > > > > > and changing their minds..... Alos groups of

> people who

> > > are

> > >>> > > not

> > >>>>> > > > > united

> > >>>>>> > > > > > will never succeed, they will waste time fighting

> each

> > >> > other.

> > >>>>>>>> > > > > > > >

> > >>>>>>> > > > > > >

> > >>>>>> > > > > >

> > >>>>> > > > >

> > >>>> > > >

> > >>>> > > >

> > >>>> > > >

> > >>>> > > >

> > >>>> > > >

> > >>>> > > >

Guest guest

>

> What....... are you people professional drinkers or something? I

have never seen so much " drink " talk as with this group.

Hello,

My name is Lenny Schafer.

I am a recovering parent of an autistic child.

Easy does it.

One day at a time.

, while you're up can you get me a beer?

Guest guest

Rox,

have you ever been to an autism conference?? Follow the crowd to the bar after wards and watch them close it down...

:)

sad thing is its mostly the one time a year the parents get away from the kids so they gotta make up for the rest of the year.

My first conference was a small local ASA one. It was also my 23rd b-day... so everyone was buying me drinks. We started at 7 and stayed til last call... I dont remember much except completely missing the second day b/c I was too hung over (thats ok I got to see Bernie the first day and that's all that mattered)

I learned to pace myself after that one!! lol

jenny

Re: Re: Why do the men on this site seem soo aggressive and bully so much?

What....... are you people professional drinkers or something? I have never seen so much "drink" talk as with this group. I guess whatever you need to get you through...... Unless you are watching too many commercials after 10:00 p.m. on the FX channel????? It seems kind of weird for me since I quit drinking when I was 30. I have a sulfite allergy so I can't even drink wine. I guess you'll have to do it for me. lolRoxchristine <christinelighthousestudios (DOT) info> wrote:

Please... People... If you are an active member of this list you NEED a sense of humor.There is no issue that EVERYONE agrees on. Anytime we talk about chelation, politics,baseball, supplements, whatever... someone disagrees. You have to take it with a grain of salt-or a Mike’s Hard Lemonaide or whatever you chose of poison is.... to each his/her own.PS- the Yanks are ahead of the Sox 2-0 :)On 4/22/07 8:23 PM, " Best Jr" <bettwice33verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

, After being thoroughly admonished for my sins by Kendra, I was content to drop this. You two and someone else had to dredge it up again. That's called nagging and it's just a coincidence that you're female. Now fetch me a beer and let it rest.> > > > > >> > > > > > I am refering to the comments made a few days back in > regards > > > to > > > > ABA, > > > > > and persons doing their homework, and what they should have > > done, > > > > etc > > > > > etc etc..... just those types of things. Why can't people > > just > > > > post > > > > > the info and leave the sarcasm and the criticising and the > > > > bullying? > > > > > I'm gonna say it again, people avoid people or groups of > peolpe > > > > who are > > > > > too hard to deal with. Avoidance becomes the tactic- not > > hearing > > > > you > > > > > and changing their minds..... Alos groups of people who are > > not > > > > united > > > > > will never succeed, they will waste time fighting each > other. > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Yes dear....

how 'bout a cigar? and I can cook you some dinner and.... wait... I can't type that here, what

I was going to type ;)

----- Original Message -----

EOHarm

Hello,My name is Lenny Schafer.I am a recovering parent of an autistic child.Easy does it.One day at a time., while you're up can you get me a beer?_,_.___

Recent Activity

New Members

New Photos

New FilesVisit Your Group

Guest guest

I know I've said this before, but thanks for the entertainment. I never laugh (or cry) so much as when I am with you people.fondlyRoxschaferatsprynet <schafer@...> wrote: > > What....... are you people professional drinkers or something? I have never seen so much "drink" talk as with this group. Hello, My name is Lenny Schafer. I

am a recovering parent of an autistic child. Easy does it. One day at a time. , while you're up can you get me a beer?

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

- seems to me I DO recall quite a few flowing during my first DAN Conference in 2003 in SD. Rox" M. Webster" <jenny@...> wrote: Rox, have you ever been to an autism conference?? Follow the crowd to the bar after wards and watch them close it down... :) sad thing is its mostly the one time a year the parents get away

from the kids so they gotta make up for the rest of the year. My first conference was a small local ASA one. It was also my 23rd b-day... so everyone was buying me drinks. We started at 7 and stayed til last call... I dont remember much except completely missing the second day b/c I was too hung over (thats ok I got to see Bernie the first day and that's all that mattered) I learned to pace myself after that one!! lol jenny Re: Re: Why do the men on this site seem soo aggressive and bully so much? What....... are you people professional drinkers or something? I have never seen so much "drink" talk as with this group. I guess whatever you need to get you through...... Unless you are watching too many commercials after 10:00 p.m. on the FX channel????? It seems kind of weird for me since I quit drinking when I was 30. I have a sulfite allergy so I can't even drink wine. I guess you'll have to do it for me. lolRoxchristine <christinelighthousestudios (DOT) info> wrote: Please... People... If you are an active member of this list you NEED a sense of humor.There is no issue that EVERYONE agrees on. Anytime we talk about chelation, politics,baseball, supplements, whatever... someone disagrees. You have to take it with a grain of salt-or a Mike’s Hard Lemonaide or whatever you chose of poison is.... to each his/her own.PS- the Yanks are ahead of the Sox 2-0 :)On 4/22/07 8:23 PM, " Best Jr" <bettwice33verizon (DOT) net> wrote: , After being thoroughly admonished for my sins by Kendra, I was content to drop this. You two and someone else had to dredge it up again. That's called nagging and it's just a coincidence that you're female. Now fetch me a beer and let it rest.> > > > > >> > > > > > I am refering to the comments made a few days back in > regards > > > to > > > > ABA, > > > > > and persons doing their homework, and what they should have > > done, > > > > etc > > > > > etc etc..... just those types of things. Why can't people > > just > > > > post > > > > > the info and leave the sarcasm

and the criticising and the > > > > bullying? > > > > > I'm gonna say it again, people avoid people or groups of > peolpe > > > > who are > > > > > too hard to deal with. Avoidance becomes the tactic- not > > hearing > > > > you > > > > > and changing their minds..... Alos groups of people who are > > not > > > > united > > > > > will never succeed, they will waste time fighting each > other. > > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

BTW - Is it LENNY who moderates this group or himself?" M. Webster" <jenny@...> wrote: Yes dear.... how 'bout a cigar? and I can cook you some dinner and.... wait... I can't type that here, what I was going to type ;) ----- Original Message ----- From: schaferatsprynet EOHarm Hello,My name is Lenny Schafer.I am a recovering parent of an autistic child.Easy does it.One day at a time., while you're up can you get me a beer?_,_.___ . Recent Activity 9 New Members 1 New Photos 4 New FilesVisit Your Group

Guest guest

Exactly. I think part of it too isn’t that we are “big drinkers”, it’s that either the drinking comments remind us of our college days (that were autism-free) or we have no life and joke about drinking- because if you can’t do it- at least you can pretend. Kind of an over-compensation thing. But it is true, conferences bring together many of us on this list and the alcohol does flow like mercury out of a coal burning power plant on a windy day.

in NY

(now the score is Yanks 5- Boston 7, but have 2 guys on base with 1 out)

On 4/22/07 10:48 PM, " M. Webster " <jenny@...> wrote:

Rox,

have you ever been to an autism conference?? Follow the crowd to the bar after wards and watch them close it down...

:)

sad thing is its mostly the one time a year the parents get away from the kids so they gotta make up for the rest of the year.

My first conference was a small local ASA one. It was also my 23rd b-day... so everyone was buying me drinks. We started at 7 and stayed til last call... I dont remember much except completely missing the second day b/c I was too hung over (thats ok I got to see Bernie the first day and that's all that mattered)

I learned to pace myself after that one!! lol

jenny

Guest guest

Good analogy.Roxchristine <christine@...> wrote: Kind of an over-compensation thing. But it is true, conferences bring together many of us on this list and the alcohol does flow like mercury out of a coal burning power plant on a windy day. in NY (now the score is Yanks 5- Boston 7, but have 2 guys on base with 1 out) On 4/22/07 10:48 PM, " M. Webster"

<jennyfaceofautism> wrote: Rox, have you ever been to an autism conference?? Follow the crowd to the bar after wards and watch them close it down... :) sad thing is its mostly the one time a year the parents get away from the kids so they gotta make up for the rest of the year. My first conference was a small local ASA one. It was also my 23rd b-day... so everyone was buying me drinks. We started at 7 and stayed til last call... I dont remember much except completely missing the second day b/c I was too hung over (thats ok I got to see Bernie the first day and that's all that mattered)

I learned to pace myself after that one!! lol jenny

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Lenny doesn't like cigars, but I'll take one! Macanudo or a big Cuban! Sort of

kidding, but

not really- I got hooked on cigars a couple of years after quitting smoking.

Started out as

a Friday and Saturday night thing with my husband and a beer, Now it is more

like a

nightly thing- Lenny, can I join your recovering parent group??

>

> Yes dear....

> how 'bout a cigar? and I can cook you some dinner and.... wait... I can't type

that here,

what

> I was going to type ;)

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: schaferatsprynet

> EOHarm

>

>

>

>

> Hello,

>

> My name is Lenny Schafer.

>

> I am a recovering parent of an autistic child.

>

> Easy does it.

>

> One day at a time.

>

> , while you're up can you get me a beer?

>

> _,_.___

> .Recent Activity

> a.. 9New Members

> b.. 1New Photos

> c.. 4New Files

> Visit Your Group

>

Guest guest

oh... you mean you guys aren't drinking right now?

(jenny hides her bottle of vodka) um, yeah... me neither...

I just realized that before autism I was going to go to medical school and breed cats. LMAO. Gavin saved my life.

OMG... I just realized too that I would probably be one of those doctors you all hate.... I was always one for defending the boys club and towing the company line and drinking the koolaide!

lord.

Re: Re: Why do the men on this site seem soo aggressive and bully so much?

Exactly. I think part of it too isn’t that we are “big drinkers”, it’s that either the drinking comments remind us of our college days (that were autism-free) or we have no life and joke about drinking- because if you can’t do it- at least you can pretend. Kind of an over-compensation thing. But it is true, conferences bring together many of us on this list and the alcohol does flow like mercury out of a coal burning power plant on a windy day. in NY(now the score is Yanks 5- Boston 7, but have 2 guys on base with 1 out)On 4/22/07 10:48 PM, " M. Webster" <jennyfaceofautism> wrote:

Rox,have you ever been to an autism conference?? Follow the crowd to the bar after wards and watch them close it down...:)sad thing is its mostly the one time a year the parents get away from the kids so they gotta make up for the rest of the year.My first conference was a small local ASA one. It was also my 23rd b-day... so everyone was buying me drinks. We started at 7 and stayed til last call... I dont remember much except completely missing the second day b/c I was too hung over (thats ok I got to see Bernie the first day and that's all that mattered)I learned to pace myself after that one!! loljenny

Guest guest

um... heather.... you do realize that by smoking a cigar every night that you are still smoking? I actually snorted really loud as I laughed at that one.

I quite smoking Jan 1st, but don't tell that to the pack in my car. Its funny how I am saying "Oh no, I dont smkoe any more..." as I light up another one "this is just my "test" pack, to make sure I quit".

Lenny doesn't like cigars, but I'll take one! Macanudo or a big Cuban! Sort of kidding, but not really- I got hooked on cigars a couple of years after quitting smoking. Started out as a Friday and Saturday night thing with my husband and a beer, Now it is more like a nightly thing- Lenny, can I join your recovering parent group??>> Yes dear....> how 'bout a cigar? and I can cook you some dinner and.... wait... I can't type that here, what> I was going to type ;) > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: schaferatsprynet > EOHarm > > > > > Hello,> > My name is Lenny Schafer.> > I am a recovering parent of an autistic child.> > Easy does it.> > One day at a time.> > , while you're up can you get me a beer?> > _,_.___> .Recent Activity> a.. 9New Members> b.. 1New Photos> c.. 4New Files> Visit Your Group >

Guest guest

Yeah, I realize it. I like to go with ole' Bill's standby: " I didn't Inhale " ! Of

course i know I'm

still getting nicotine in my bloodstream. Hey, this is my only vice, and I'm

trying to quit!

For the record, I don't take any pharma drugs, and I rationalize that all of my

supplements

will make up for it.

> >

> > Yes dear....

> > how 'bout a cigar? and I can cook you some dinner and.... wait... I can't

type that

here,

> what

> > I was going to type ;)

> >

> > ----- Original Message -----

> > From: schaferatsprynet

> > EOHarm

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello,

> >

> > My name is Lenny Schafer.

> >

> > I am a recovering parent of an autistic child.

> >

> > Easy does it.

> >

> > One day at a time.

> >

> > , while you're up can you get me a beer?

> >

> > _,_.___

> > .Recent Activity

> > a.. 9New Members

> > b.. 1New Photos

> > c.. 4New Files

> > Visit Your Group

> >

Guest guest

Rox: I doubt that we have any "professional drinkers" here. We may have some folks who drink a lot, but I doubt that we have many who do this "professionally". Most of us have serious jobs, but we do kid or joke around from time to time. And rest assured, none of our levity is a result of watching too much T.V. Aasakelly reedy <novacmama@...> wrote: What....... are you people professional drinkers or something? I have never seen so much

"drink" talk as with this group. I guess whatever you need to get you through...... Unless you are watching too many commercials after 10:00 p.m. on the FX channel????? It seems kind of weird for me since I quit drinking when I was 30. I have a sulfite allergy so I can't even drink wine. I guess you'll have to do it for me. lolRoxchristine <christinelighthousestudios (DOT) info> wrote: Please... People... If you are an active member of this list you NEED a sense of humor.There is no issue that EVERYONE agrees on. Anytime we talk about chelation, politics,baseball, supplements, whatever... someone disagrees. You have to take it with a grain of salt-or a Mike’s

Hard Lemonaide or whatever you chose of poison is.... to each his/her own.PS- the Yanks are ahead of the Sox 2-0 :)On 4/22/07 8:23 PM, " Best Jr" <bettwice33verizon (DOT) net> wrote: , After being thoroughly admonished for my sins by Kendra, I was content to drop this. You two and someone else had to dredge it up again. That's called nagging and it's just a coincidence that you're female. Now fetch me a beer and let it rest.> > > > > >> > > > > > I am refering to the comments made a few days back in > regards > > > to > > > >

ABA, > > > > > and persons doing their homework, and what they should have > > done, > > > > etc > > > > > etc etc..... just those types of things. Why can't people > > just > > > > post > > > > > the info and leave the sarcasm and the criticising and the > > > > bullying? > > > > > I'm gonna say it again, people avoid people or groups of > peolpe > > > > who are > > > > > too hard to deal with. Avoidance becomes the tactic- not > > hearing > > > > you > > > > > and changing their minds..... Alos groups of people who are > > not > > > > united > > > > > will never succeed, they will waste time fighting each > other. > > > > > > >>

> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

I don't normally resond to my own posts, but it should have read:, " as

said

earlier " . Just a correction..

> > > >>>>>>> > > > > > >

> > > >>>>>>> > > > > > > I am refering to the comments made a few days

> > back in

> > > >> > regards

> > > >>>> > > > to

> > > >>>>> > > > > ABA,

> > > >>>>>> > > > > > and persons doing their homework, and what they

> > should have

> > > >>> > > done,

> > > >>>>> > > > > etc

> > > >>>>>> > > > > > etc etc..... just those types of things. Why

> > can't people

> > > >>> > > just

> > > >>>>> > > > > post

> > > >>>>>> > > > > > the info and leave the sarcasm and the

> > criticising and the

> > > >>>>> > > > > bullying?

> > > >>>>>> > > > > > I'm gonna say it again, people avoid people or

> > groups of

> > > >> > peolpe

> > > >>>>> > > > > who are

> > > >>>>>> > > > > > too hard to deal with. Avoidance becomes the

> > tactic- not

> > > >>> > > hearing

> > > >>>>> > > > > you

> > > >>>>>> > > > > > and changing their minds..... Alos groups of

> > people who

> > > > are

> > > >>> > > not

> > > >>>>> > > > > united

> > > >>>>>> > > > > > will never succeed, they will waste time fighting

> > each

> > > >> > other.

> > > >>>>>>>> > > > > > > >

> > > >>>>>>> > > > > > >

> > > >>>>>> > > > > >

> > > >>>>> > > > >

> > > >>>> > > >

> > > >>>> > > >

> > > >>>> > > >

> > > >>>> > > >

> > > >>>> > > >

> > > >>>> > > >

Guest guest

I'll take a Long Island. Top Shelf!

> >

> > What....... are you people professional drinkers or something? I

> have never seen so much " drink " talk as with this group.

>

>

> Hello,

>

>

>

> Easy does it.

>

> One day at a time.

>

>

Guest guest

Mr. Schafer is the group moderator. I think others help him, but Mr. Kirby is

not one of the

moderators.

> Yes dear....

> how 'bout a cigar? and I can cook you some dinner and.... wait... I can't

type that here,

what

> I was going to type ;)

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: schaferatsprynet

> EOHarm

>

>

>

>

> Hello,

>

>

>

> Easy does it.

>

> One day at a time.

>

>

> _,_.___

>

>

> .

>

> Recent Activity

>

> 9

> New Members

>

> 1

> New Photos

>

> 4

> New Files

>

> Visit Your Group

>

Guest guest

> > > >

> > > > I am refering to the comments made a few days back in

regards

> to

> > ABA,

> > > and persons doing their homework, and what they should have

done,

> > etc

> > > etc etc..... just those types of things. Why can't people

just

> > post

> > > the info and leave the sarcasm and the criticising and the

> > bullying?

> > > I'm gonna say it again, people avoid people or groups of

peolpe

> > who are

> > > too hard to deal with. Avoidance becomes the tactic- not

hearing

> > you

> > > and changing their minds..... Alos groups of people who are

not

> > united

> > > will never succeed, they will waste time fighting each other.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

> > >

> > > I am refering to the comments made a few days back in regards

to ABA,

> > and persons doing their homework, and what they should have done,

etc

> > etc etc..... just those types of things. Why can't people just

> > the info and leave the sarcasm and the criticising and the

bullying?

> > I'm gonna say it again, people avoid people or groups of peolpe

who are

> > too hard to deal with. Avoidance becomes the tactic- not hearing

you

> > and changing their minds..... Alos groups of people who are not

united

> > will never succeed, they will waste time fighting each other.

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

> > > >

> > > > I am refering to the comments made a few days back in regards

> to

> > ABA,

> > > and persons doing their homework, and what they should have

done,

> > etc

> > > etc etc..... just those types of things. Why can't people

just

> > post

> > > the info and leave the sarcasm and the criticising and the

> > bullying?

> > > I'm gonna say it again, people avoid people or groups of peolpe

> > who are

> > > too hard to deal with. Avoidance becomes the tactic- not

hearing

> > you

> > > and changing their minds..... Alos groups of people who are

not

> > united

> > > will never succeed, they will waste time fighting each other.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

If the moon were made of bbq spare ribs, would you eat it?

I know I would...

> > > > >

> > > > > I am refering to the comments made a few days back in

> regards

> > to

> > > ABA,

> > > > and persons doing their homework, and what they should have

> done,

> > > etc

> > > > etc etc..... just those types of things. Why can't people

> just

> > > post

> > > > the info and leave the sarcasm and the criticising and the

> > > bullying?

> > > > I'm gonna say it again, people avoid people or groups of

> peolpe

> > > who are

> > > > too hard to deal with. Avoidance becomes the tactic- not

> hearing

> > > you

> > > > and changing their minds..... Alos groups of people who are

> not

> > > united

> > > > will never succeed, they will waste time fighting each

other.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Bombay safire martini very dry up with olives. Nanstiel <erik@...> wrote: I'll take a Long Island. Top Shelf!> >> > What....... are you people professional drinkers or something? I> have never seen so

much "drink" talk as with this group.> > > Hello,> > My name is Lenny Schafer.> > I am a recovering parent of an autistic child.> > Easy does it.> > One day at a time.> > , while you're up can you get me a beer?>

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Patron silver tequila, ice cold. No lemon,

lime or salt. We emptied the bar’s supply at the DAN Saturday afternoon.

EOHarm [mailto:EOHarm ] On Behalf Of nancie f

Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 8:36

AM

EOHarm

Subject: Re: Re: Why do

the men on this site seem soo aggressive and bully so much?

Bombay safire

martini very dry up with olives.

Nanstiel

<erikautismmedia (DOT) org> wrote:

I'll take a Long Island. Top Shelf!

> >

> > What....... are you people professional drinkers or something? I

> have never seen so much " drink " talk as with this group.

>

>

> Hello,

>

>

>

> Easy does it.

>

> One day at a time.

>

>

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible " new car " smell?

Check out new

cars at Autos.

Guest guest

LOL, yeah, I was trying to remember my quote but just couldn't!! lol --I had thought it.. so then I was thinking you were reading my mind... ;)

I don't normally resond to my own posts, but it should have read:, "as said earlier". Just a correction..>> Lets remember, as said earlier, there are going to be differences of opinion within

Guest guest

Absolutely, but how do you deal with someone who is going out of their way, knowing the truth, and working overtime to make sure the truth never sees the light of day?

> > > >> > > > I am refering to the comments made a few days back in regards > to > > ABA, > > > and persons doing their homework, and what they should have done, > > etc > > > etc etc..... just those types of things. Why can't people just > > post > > > the info and leave the sarcasm and the criticising and the > > bullying? > > > I'm gonna say it again, people avoid people or groups of peolpe > > who are > > > too hard to deal with. Avoidance becomes the tactic- not hearing > > you > > > and changing their minds..... Alos groups of people who are not > > united > > > will never succeed, they will waste time fighting each other. > > > > >> > > >> > >> >>