RemedySpot.com

new bp med.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Stages are in my article. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 19, 2009, at 9:01 PM, bridget wrote: It went okay, I know it sounds sad, but I really hope they find something wrong with me, like PA, I am just so sick of feeling like this! Have you been diagnosed with PA? What are the stages you are talking about? In this last year I went from feeling like crap to not being able to function at all as well, I used to love cleaning the house and playing with my daughter and shopping for the house and stuff, but don't even have the energy to do the dishes barely! I just have to find out an answer. I think the test is going to come back wrong either way, the cardio didn't realize I shouldn't be on a beta blocker bp med while having the test. I am going to an endo next week either way so hopefully..... Hope you get some answers on yours soon and good luck to you! I hope it doesn't take too long to get the results, the wait everytime is killing me. Bridget > > > > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do you have > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy? > > > > > > > > > > Val > > > > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Valarie > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound familiar > > > > but they can > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test results. > > > > When you > > > > > say "high sodium," what do you mean? When you say "low > > > > potassium," what do > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all your tests? > > > > > > > > > > Val > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Sounds like time for spiro. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 19, 2009, at 8:38 PM, Chantal wrote: Hi, how did your test go after all? I've read your symptoms and I have almost all of your symptoms except a couple... I don't have restless leg but (Get this though -my son has restless leg big time and my daughter has benign sleep myoclonus-jerky hand/feet motions in first stage of sleep, pretty scary we had an EEG done to rule out seizures) - I wonder if there is a connection - my legs are more twitchy, isolated muscles and crampy. Often times my right calf and my left quad... Crazy isn't it? sometimes I feel like frankenstein, twitching -where is it going to pop up next, cheek, intestines, diaphragm... Weird stuff All the other symptoms are bang on except I don't get the headaches daily. RE. ACNE though- the first month that I really had life-changing change in my symptoms (Stage 2-3 to Stage 4) from not feeling well to not able to function at all .. My potassium was at 3.5.. I had the worse case of acne ever right before. I don't normally have the full-blown acne but my face is rarely clear... I joke with my husband because he never has break outs but I always do.. I think this may be aldosterone related esp. if we have PA. (I think the food we eat and stress play a role as well, hormones etc. but my face was so bad that month and then, poof, so dizzy, vertigo, hypokalemia..) So TTFN Hope you are feeling better... Don't forget to try lowering your salt intake/add potassium-No salt to your foods (let your doctor know) and eat lots of potassium rich food, tomatoes, OJ, oranges, cantalope, bananas- I eat at least 2-3 bananas a day, an orange, OJ glass, a smoothie with oj and banana with flax etc. potatoes with skin ... all this and still need 4-5 k-dur... BTW, my blood work was at 3.5 and even with all this I can't get it above 4.0 typically.. > > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do you have > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy? > > > > > > > > Val > > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Valarie > > > > > > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound familiar > > > but they can > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test results. > > > When you > > > > say "high sodium," what do you mean? When you say "low > > > potassium," what do > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all your tests? > > > > > > > > Val > > > > > > > > > > > > >

OMG, I've had this same feeling, in fact when I got real sick I said to my

husband I know I'm not pregnant but I feel terrible and I have sensations that

feel like a baby as well...

Yah, all these weird symptoms.. Taking potassium supplements made a world of

difference. I still have lots of symptoms but at least I'm smiling again... I

don't feel like I'm dying, it felt like my arms were like lead, my tongue didn't

work well it was that bad, speeching at times seemed to be an effort. :)

Seriously, it made that much of a diff.

Not diagnosed yet.

TTFN

Chantal

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do you have

> > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Val

> > > > > >

> > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Valarie

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound familiar

> > > > > but they can

> > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test results.

> > > > > When you

> > > > > > say " high sodium, " what do you mean? When you say " low

> > > > > potassium, " what do

> > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all your tests?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Val

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Why if a doctor doesn't know how a test should be done they don't take the time to read how it is done? With out doing this it is a waste of every ones time. And can do more harm then good.

Being on just the

From: bridget <blueyes7648@...>Subject: Re: new bp med.hyperaldosteronism Date: Tuesday, October 20, 2009, 2:01 AM

It went okay, I know it sounds sad, but I really hope they find something wrong with me, like PA, I am just so sick of feeling like this! Have you been diagnosed with PA? What are the stages you are talking about? In this last year I went from feeling like crap to not being able to function at all as well, I used to love cleaning the house and playing with my daughter and shopping for the house and stuff, but don't even have the energy to do the dishes barely! I just have to find out an answer. I think the test is going to come back wrong either way, the cardio didn't realize I shouldn't be on a beta blocker bp med while having the test. I am going to an endo next week either way so hopefully.....Hope you get some answers on yours soon and good luck to you! I hope it doesn't take too long to get the results, the wait everytime is killing me.Bridget> > > > >> > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do you have> > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy?> > > > >> > > > > Val> > > > >> > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Valarie > > > > > > > > >> > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound familiar > > >

> but they can> > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test results. > > > > When you> > > > > say "high sodium," what do you mean? When you say "low > > > > potassium," what do> > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all your tests?> > > > >> > > > > Val> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> >>------------------------------------

BTW, from my experience you can still be " hypokalemic " as I've outlined in the

past and still have normal,low serum potassium.

Essentially, your body is stealing it from the muscle to maintain a serum

potassium. I lost some muscle mass due to my change in exercise but also I

think my system was essentially cannabilizing my muscles so I could keep that

serum level..

So, oops, lost my train of though :) Blame it on the old aldosterone..:)

Yay, anyhow, I sometimes have problems with high carb. meals. They literally

feel like they get stuck, need lots of insulin to digest carb. , insulin release

needs potassium, I swear my potassium drops and they intestines get sluggish.

Hypokalemia can cause intestinal

" paralytic ileus " - ie. I feel uncomfortable and bloated... I tried in the past

eliminating dairy, wheat, etc. probiotics etc. It is probably a combination of

things but the low potassium makes it all worse. I go from 0 months pregnant to

5 months pregnant bloat by supper. I tell my husband, look now, no belly and

then in the evening, somedays, PJ's on because it is the only thing comfortable

with the bloat...

When I told the nutritionist I can't tolerate carbs. well she told me that they

are needed big time, but I told her I get some but bread has potassium but lots

of sodium as well. I started making my own bread....

If you start on the potassium, No salt etc. has a metallic taste, make sure to

keep track of your potassium intake. Eliminate sodium as well, read labels.

You'll most likely need slow k (micro k) or even stronger, k-dur to hold you

over. Push for potassium supplements, tell them you are low potassium and you

want them!

Barney done,

toddler bored,

she needs some TLC

Chantal

Take care, there is hope, it should get better, been there, a little better

:)000.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do you have

> > > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Valarie

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound familiar

> > > > > > but they can

> > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test results.

> > > > > > When you

> > > > > > > say " high sodium, " what do you mean? When you say " low

> > > > > > potassium, " what do

> > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all your tests?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

I understand. My doc.said the first test was done at that time because I needed

a test because my pressure was super high and climbing.(i told them conn's)

I've had to wait 2 months plus to get it retested after they obviously took out

their textbook, re-read PA and having me on their back, finally they are looking

at PA seriously..

Hopefully Bridget is far enough along in the stages that the ARR will still

reflect her aldosterone/renin accurately.

If it comes back negative, she'll have to insist to do the test by the " ideal "

methods.

This is my second test, I've read sometimes it can take 3?

Anyhow, everything was off for my first test, no sodium, K low...

Now I'm doing it by the book with sodium on board but I hope that verapamil

doesn't mess things up.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Val

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > but they can

> > > > > When you

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Val

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

I agree, but when I was in his office and mentioned conn's, he looked it up and

said " Oh, yeah, that could be what's causing your high bp. " and looked up online

how to do the test, when I got home is when I started researching how the tests

should be done.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Val

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > but they can

> > > > > When you

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Val

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Chantal, thank you, I will talk to my doc or endo about the supplements, in the

meantime I am awaiting my test results, I had them check my K as well since they

were sucking my blood out for other things. So did you have sinus and ear

issues? It is just weird, I might have a couple health things going on, but out

of the blue this last year I have major sinus pressure/swelling in my nose and

weird ear feelings and pain. You mentioned you have kids, did you develop

pre-eclampsia or have any problems during your pregnancy? I had high bp before I

got pregnant, but wasn't being treated for it or anything, and ended up being on

bedrest and was induced at 29 weeks, my daughter was 1 pound 12 ounces.

Bridget

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do you

have

> > > > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Valarie

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound familiar

> > > > > > > but they can

> > > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test

results.

> > > > > > > When you

> > > > > > > > say " high sodium, " what do you mean? When you say " low

> > > > > > > potassium, " what do

> > > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all your

tests?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Similar experience: My PCP looked up my symptoms (hypokalemia and hypertension)

using UpToDate on the web (paid subscription service). He found an article right

away that describes how to differentiate between GRA, PA, AME, Cushing's, etc.

It tells what tests to do, what questions to ask, everything. He printed out the

article for me and I used it as my guide at the beginning.

http://www.uptodate.com/patients/content/topic.do?topicKey=~B_WzjvI/fOk3/h

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do you have

> > > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of

Valarie�

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound familiar�

> > > > > > but they can

> > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test

results.�

> > > > > > When you

> > > > > > > say " high sodium, " what do you mean? When you say " low�

> > > > > > potassium, " what do

> > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all your tests?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

Francis, if you lost your ability to walk around a grocery store

and became " deconditioned " in a month's time, there is something

wrong. Your numbers do not indicate

PA, even with the drugs you were on.

But something is wrong and your government doctor is not interested in

finding it. Maybe you need to see a

different doctor outside the government system. My first jab at a diagnosis was with a

government endo, and was a dismal experience. She had no clue about PA and even wrote

erroneous information in my record, i.e., that since no adenoma showed on a 5mm

CT, I couldn't possibly have PA.

Val

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Bill

I have sinus issues, but it is because I lived near the Potomac River for a period of years. Sinus infections are fungal in nature, and therefore hard to treat.

Bindner

Web Directory (links to my sites and blogs):

http://www.geocities.com/mikeybdc/index.html

http://mikeybdc.blogspot.com

From: bridget <blueyes7648@...>Subject: Re: new bp med.hyperaldosteronism Date: Tuesday, October 20, 2009, 11:16 AM

Chantal, thank you, I will talk to my doc or endo about the supplements, in the meantime I am awaiting my test results, I had them check my K as well since they were sucking my blood out for other things. So did you have sinus and ear issues? It is just weird, I might have a couple health things going on, but out of the blue this last year I have major sinus pressure/swelling in my nose and weird ear feelings and pain. You mentioned you have kids, did you develop pre-eclampsia or have any problems during your pregnancy? I had high bp before I got pregnant, but wasn't being treated for it or anything, and ended up being on bedrest and was induced at 29 weeks, my daughter was 1 pound 12 ounces.Bridget> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do you have> > > > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy?> > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > Val> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism> > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On Behalf Of Valarie > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound familiar > > > > > > > but they can> > > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard

evidence - test results. > > > > > > > When you> > > > > > > > say "high sodium," what do you mean? When you say "low > > > > > > > potassium," what do> > > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all your tests?> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Val> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

it's not actually sinus infections, I have had ct's to rule that out, was on

antibiotics and even had surgery to fix a deviated septum, thinking that was

causing it. It's just a swelling of the membranes in my nose all the time on and

off, with no apparent reason. I have been allergy tested and am around nothing I

am allergic to, the only reason I asked if it might possibly have something to

do with PA is because it appeared suddenly this last year around the same time I

started having these other health issues

Bridget

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do you

have

> > > > > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On Behalf Of

Valarie

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound familiar

> > > > > > > > but they can

> > > > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test

results.

> > > > > > > > When you

> > > > > > > > > say " high sodium, " what do you mean? When you say " low

> > > > > > > > potassium, " what do

> > > > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all your

tests?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

" Normokalemia

may be more common than hypokalemia in patients diagnosed with primary

aldosteronism. " One author of

that article is a doc I saw at Mayo (WF Young). He immediately started thumbing through

my records to find low K. When that

wasn't immediately available, he got stuck on a renin = 1.85 while urinary

sodium was too low to measure. That

made him declare that I couldn't possibly have PA. What those people write may not be what

they practice.

Val

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of soseo

using UpToDate on the web (paid subscription service). He found an article

right away that describes how to differentiate between GRA, PA, AME, Cushing's,

etc. It tells what tests to do, what questions to ask, everything. He printed

out the article for me and I used it as my guide at the beginning.

What meds were u taking at the time?Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Oct 20, 2009, at 1:06 PM, bridget <blueyes7648@...> wrote:

it's not actually sinus infections, I have had ct's to rule that out, was on antibiotics and even had surgery to fix a deviated septum, thinking that was causing it. It's just a swelling of the membranes in my nose all the time on and off, with no apparent reason. I have been allergy tested and am around nothing I am allergic to, the only reason I asked if it might possibly have something to do with PA is because it appeared suddenly this last year around the same time I started having these other health issues

Bridget

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do you have

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On Behalf Of Valarie

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound familiar

> > > > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test results.

> > > > > > > > When you

> > > > > > > > > say "high sodium," what do you mean? When you say "low

> > > > > > > > potassium," what do

> > > > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all your tests?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Messages in this topic (71)

Reply (via web post)

|

Start a new topic

Messages |

Val, I know you're not fond of Dr Young. :))) This is getting off-topic, but

out of four docs to look at my CT results, only Dr Young noticed a problem with

my right adrenal. The other docs, when informed of this, said, " oh yeah, now we

see that too. oops. " ;-)

Regardless of that, the article was a good starting point for me.

-Sam

>

It has been over the last year, and I have been on all different bp meds, sinus

sprays, allegra, and nothing changed it, made it better, or worse. I still have

it and the only thing I am taking is Toprol.

Bridget

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on

> > now? Do you have

> > > > > > > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On

> > Behalf Of Valarie

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all

> > sound familiar

> > > > > > > > > > but they can

> > > > > > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence

> > - test results.

> > > > > > > > > > When you

> > > > > > > > > > > say " high sodium, " what do you mean? When you say

> > " low

> > > > > > > > > > potassium, " what do

> > > > > > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of

> > all your tests?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Messages in this topic (71) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

> > Messages |

>

I have stuffiness off and on, rhinorrhea (clear discharge) but I think it is

mostly related to fragrance sensitivity/allergies and humidity change, nothing

too bad.

I wanted to mention though that when my potassium was at it's lowest I had a

sore ear and severe vertigo, bad enough that my husband had to drive me to the

ER and just the act of getting up, sitting to standing, made me quite dizzy and

nausea. Once my potassium was prescribed, my serum level didn't change much but

my systems improved drastically. Within a week my vertigo was gone (CT of

vestibule, ears etc. was OK) and my ears didn't feel plugged. At the time I did

not have a cold or anything so it couldn't be post-viral vertigo.

I'm sure it was related to my potassium (intracellular) low.

Sinus pressure, my optometrist asked me about this because my vision is still

affected (off and on) A pituitary tumor could produce all the PA symptoms (it

could affect aldosterone) and I think because it can affect the optic nerve,

vision is affected and I think sinus as well... She asked about the sinus thing

but my symptoms sinus-wise are not significant like your sinus symptoms.

I'm awaiting a another CT or a MRI to check the pituitary.

Did you have all the hormones that are regulated by the pituitary checked, ie.

prolactin etc.

Gotta go,

kids to bed

TTFN

:)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do

you have

> > > > > > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On Behalf Of

Valarie

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound

familiar

> > > > > > > > > but they can

> > > > > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test

results.

> > > > > > > > > When you

> > > > > > > > > > say " high sodium, " what do you mean? When you say " low

> > > > > > > > > potassium, " what do

> > > > > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all your

tests?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

I have had my thyroid levels checked, just the normal blood ones, I'm sure there

are more and will talk to the endo about it next week. That is funny about the

ears, mine are always popping and plugged on and off throughout the day, and my

left ear hurts all the time, though the doctors say it is fine, even went to an

ent and had all the hearing tests done. Still awaiting my test results from

yesterday, hope your CT goes well...

Bridget

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do

you have

> > > > > > > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On Behalf Of

Valarie

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound

familiar

> > > > > > > > > > but they can

> > > > > > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test

results.

> > > > > > > > > > When you

> > > > > > > > > > > say " high sodium, " what do you mean? When you say " low

> > > > > > > > > > potassium, " what do

> > > > > > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all

your tests?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

One last thing, I had my thyroid TSH checked but he is going to check my free T4

as well... Maybe discuss pituitary test with the dr.

Although, your situation is like me. We want answers just in case it isn't PA

but until we get the results we are at somewhat of a stand still. I hate the

waiting game because I know something it wrong..

TTFN

Chantal

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now?

Do you have

> > > > > > > > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On Behalf

Of Valarie

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound

familiar

> > > > > > > > > > > but they can

> > > > > > > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test

results.

> > > > > > > > > > > When you

> > > > > > > > > > > > say " high sodium, " what do you mean? When you say " low

> > > > > > > > > > > potassium, " what do

> > > > > > > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all

your tests?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

I will do that, yes, I completely understand, I just know something is not right

with my body, but everything medical is coming up normal, if it wasn't for

having high blood pressure since I was 17, unexplained, I would start thinking I

am crazy and it is all in my head! I have people all the time telling me to suck

it up, that nothing's wrong with me! Ugh, I just want answers.

Bridget

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now?

Do you have

> > > > > > > > > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > > > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On

Behalf Of Valarie

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound

familiar

> > > > > > > > > > > > but they can

> > > > > > > > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence -

test results.

> > > > > > > > > > > > When you

> > > > > > > > > > > > > say " high sodium, " what do you mean? When you say " low

> > > > > > > > > > > > potassium, " what do

> > > > > > > > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all

your tests?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

I know how you feel, I'm actually happy that my potassium came back

low....Otherwise, they just wanted to keep adding blood pressure meds and tell

me to take it easy!!

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on

now? Do you have

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On

Behalf Of Valarie

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all

sound familiar

> > > > > > > > > > > > > but they can

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence -

test results.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > When you

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > say " high sodium, " what do you mean? When you say

" low

> > > > > > > > > > > > > potassium, " what do

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of

all your tests?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

I do agree that something is wrong. And my doctor isn't doing much to find out

what it is. I have tried to go to a non Gov. doctor and so far no luck.

I don't think PA can be ruled out since the meds I am on are known to cause the

test to be negative.

Question what do you mean by the 5mm CT.

I may well have something else other then PA.

>

> Francis, if you lost your ability to walk around a grocery store and became

> " deconditioned " in a month's time, there is something wrong. Your numbers

> do not indicate PA, even with the drugs you were on. But something is wrong

> and your government doctor is not interested in finding it. Maybe you need

> to see a different doctor outside the government system. My first jab at a

> diagnosis was with a government endo, and was a dismal experience. She had

> no clue about PA and even wrote erroneous information in my record, i.e.,

> that since no adenoma showed on a 5mm CT, I couldn't possibly have PA.

>

> Val

>

> From: hyperaldosteronism

> [mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of Bill

>

If u look at the fig in my article of stages of PA U WILL NOTE thAt classical PA IS but the tip of the iceburg. As Dr Conn said in about 1954. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Oct 20, 2009, at 1:24 PM, Valarie <val@...> wrote:

"Normokalemia

may be more common than hypokalemia in patients diagnosed with primary

aldosteronism." One author of

that article is a doc I saw at Mayo (WF Young). He immediately started thumbing through

my records to find low K. When that

wasn't immediately available, he got stuck on a renin = 1.85 while urinary

sodium was too low to measure. That

made him declare that I couldn't possibly have PA. What those people write may not be what

they practice.

Val

[mailto:hyperaldosteronism ] On Behalf Of soseo

using UpToDate on the web (paid subscription service). He found an article

right away that describes how to differentiate between GRA, PA, AME, Cushing's,

etc. It tells what tests to do, what questions to ask, everything. He printed

out the article for me and I used it as my guide at the beginning.

Most are not fungi that I am aware of. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Oct 20, 2009, at 1:06 PM, bridget <blueyes7648@...> wrote:

it's not actually sinus infections, I have had ct's to rule that out, was on antibiotics and even had surgery to fix a deviated septum, thinking that was causing it. It's just a swelling of the membranes in my nose all the time on and off, with no apparent reason. I have been allergy tested and am around nothing I am allergic to, the only reason I asked if it might possibly have something to do with PA is because it appeared suddenly this last year around the same time I started having these other health issues

Bridget

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do you have

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On Behalf Of Valarie

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test results.

> > > > > > > > When you

> > > > > > > > > say "high sodium," what do you mean? When you say "low

> > > > > > > > potassium," what do

> > > > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all your tests?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Val

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Messages in this topic (71)

Reply (via web post)

|

Start a new topic

Messages |

yeah yeah yeah. Give them my difficult HTN outline and they would have had the Dx years ago is my guess. May your pressure be low!Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism the most common cause of "Difficult/Drug Resistant High Blood Pressure". Other research interests focus on the interactions of recent evolutionary forces on the body's ability to handle salt and the effect of dietary salt on blood pressure in populations today.Listed in Best Doctors of America 2009. On Oct 20, 2009, at 8:23 PM, Chantal wrote: I know how you feel, I'm actually happy that my potassium came back low....Otherwise, they just wanted to keep adding blood pressure meds and tell me to take it easy!! > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Also, what meds have you been on? What are you on now? Do you have > > > > > > > > > > > > > > children? How was your BP during pregnancy? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Val > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: hyperaldosteronism > > > > > > > > > > > > > > [mailto:hyperaldosteronism] On Behalf Of Valarie > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I read your message, Bridget. Your symptoms all sound familiar > > > > > > > > > > > > > but they can > > > > > > > > > > > > > > be symptoms of many things. We need hard evidence - test results. > > > > > > > > > > > > > When you > > > > > > > > > > > > > > say "high sodium," what do you mean? When you say "low > > > > > > > > > > > > > potassium," what do > > > > > > > > > > > > > > you mean? Have you had a CT? Do you have copies of all your tests? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Val > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >