RemedySpot.com

exercise

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

wow another pants size that is to cool take care amber

exercise

* Hey all...

as some of you know, I am working out twice a week with a personal trainer.

It is going well..I have tiny little bicep muscles that are growing every

day!!

Guest guest

wow another pants size that is to cool take care amber

exercise

* Hey all...

as some of you know, I am working out twice a week with a personal trainer.

It is going well..I have tiny little bicep muscles that are growing every

day!!

• 1 year later...

Here's an outline of the cardio workout:

http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/cardiotraining.asp

If you're not familiar with the intensity levels, 5 is a moderate pace

where you're breathing hard, but you're not gasping or anything. You

could still carry on a conversation. It's a pace that you could

probably maintain for up to an hour. Then each step (6, 7, 8, 9) is

progressively more intense until you get to level 10 which is an all

out sprint, as fast as you can go. It's anaerobic (without oxygen),

which means you can only keep it up for 30-60 seconds before you're

wiped out. That's what people refer to as " hitting a 10 " on cardio.

Check out the other links on the site. There's a lot more info on the

weight training and nutrition as well as some great articles and

success stories.

On 1/27/06, forgetaboutit <nahican@...> wrote:

> Hi gals,

> I am new. Can Someone guide me in what to do as far as tyhe cardio?

> thanks in advance

>

>

> ita

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

I've heard that's a good place for women to go. My mother and sister were considering going there. It's right next to the road though and has windows. Luckily for them, there are alot of different Curves gyms around to suit alot of women. They just do the 5 minute on/off to the next station kind of deal. That must make the workout go smoothly. The rec center is good because the guys there just mind their own business and I do the same for them. It is a good place to just be around others in a safe, secure environment. "Amy L. " <amyb_short@...> wrote: I go to Curves. It's very predictable and not overwhelming. Amy __________________________________________________

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/9/2006 2:25:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, drumthis2001@... writes:

What do you like about exercise? Do you feel that it is better when you lift weights or run?

I usually do a combination weight training and aerobic exercise routine. This will be varied every few months with a heavier weight routine before going back to the other.

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/9/2006 11:24:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, mikecarrie01@... writes:

I like how it makes me feel and keeps my weight down. I am weak and have few muscles so I have to lift weights just to have average muscle strength. I do exercise videos, mainly The Firm and Tracie Long. But I love rollerblading and swimming. I love being outside and getting sun, being in the water, and being with nature.

If you want to add some strength, I could give you a simple routine that worked for me. Let me know if you are interested.

Guest guest

This is a modified form of exercise that helped make me stronger without getting really huge. It is modified in that I have added new points to it as I have learned more about weight training.

Biologically our bodies are lazy, a natural aspect designed to husband scarce resources (calories, etc.) by doing as little work as possible. However, this also has negative effects beyond putting on fat. Muscles are made up of bundles of fibers. The brain/body link only activates as many bundles as needed to do a given amount of work. Unfortunately, the body tends to use the same ones over and over again, leaving many to atrophy through lack of use.

The most basic way to get around that is to change a component of weight lifting. Usually you are told to relax during the workout. What works better is to add some tension to the muscles to force more fibers to activate and to make the muscle groups work together more effectively. All I will suggest doing is to squeeze the bumbbell hard during the exercise. The squeezing of the hand will increase grip strength and it will cause the arm, shoulder and other upper body muscles to work harder. You don't really need to try to tighten up any other muscles, the hands alone will be enough for our purposes here.

I also prefer compound exercises as much as possible to single muscle exercises. This is because very rarely does the body do anything with only one muscle. Most movements require the coordination of many muscle groups. If one is developed more than the others, that will cause an imbalance and increase risk of injury.

Now I'll describe the weight, sets and reps. Your starting weight should be something you can do 5 reps of without too much trouble: not too easy and not too hard. You might want to start with 5 pounds on each bell, and perhaps have a lighter 2.5 bell for some exercises. I have two sets with different weights so I don't have to go through the bother of switching weights between exercises. I also prefer adjustable dumbbells to fixed weight ones since you can add or subtract plates as need be.

All of the exercises I will describe will follow the same pattern. Each set will have 5 repetitions. They all follow this progression: for three days, 5 reps per set. If you only do one set at first, that's fine. On the fourth day, do 6 reps. Another 3 days, do 7 and so on until you reach 10. At that point, you can either increase the weight slightly. That won't be easy at low weight levels, since every 10% weight increase is felt, so if you can't increase the weight by less than 20%, just add another set instead. Also, you start over again at 5 reps per set with the new weight, or if you had to add a set, the first set stays at 10 and the new set starts at five. 10 is the maximum reps you want to do, so the progression only works for those starting at 5.

If you were doing multiple sets to begin with, listen to your body. If it was tough increase both sets at the same rate, only increase the first one and keep the others at 5 until you fill the first one completely, at which point you can start on the next sets. The important thing is not to overtax your system. You only want to stress it enough that it will compensate for the exercise by getting stronger, not wipe it out.

So, always listen to your body. It will probably complain some at first, but if you think you are overdoing it, ease up, but don't drop below 5 reps. If you get dizzy or short of breath, stop.

The first set is a compound, full body routine. Stand with a dumbbell in either hand, hands at your sides. To start, squat down thighs going no more than parrallel to the ground and knees not going past the toes. Go as far as you comfortably can. Then stand up, raising the dumbbells in front your body by bending at the elbows, brining the weights to your shoulders. Breath out while standing. Breathe in, then push the dumbbells overhead, keeping the elbows straight but not locked, breathing out as you push up. Bring them down to the shoulders again, then flow back to the squat position and repeat. Do this at a pace you are comfortable with.

The next set follows the same pattern until the weights are at the shoulders. Here you rotate the arms out from the body and do the presses from there. You will so this every rep. This lift works the shoulders, lats, back and chest in a different way.

For the arms:

First, take a single dumbbell in both hands. Raise it up behind your head, holding on to one end or plate and letting the other hand down behind you, keeping your elbows against your head. Straighten your arms lifting the weight. Once you do the reps, go to a sturdy chair. turn your back to it, put your hands on the seat edge with your feet out in front of you and your back just off the edge. Lower yourself a comfortable distance and push yourself back up for the right number of reps. Altogether this is one set.

Second, take a dumbbell in each hand. Start with them by your sides. Raise the bells, palms forward (they will end up palms facing your shoulders). Do that for the right number of reps. Then, turn the hands such that the palms are facing the legs. Raise the dumbbells to the shoulders palms still facing inward. You can do these one hand at a time, or both at the same time.

For the back:

Take the dumbbells and bend over about 45 degrees. Start with the bells hanging, but bend the elbows and pull up some to tense the muscles a little (don't consciously tense the muscles, holding the bells up a little rather than letting them hang will do that). Pretend you are trying to catch a pencil between your shoulder blades. It is the back you are wanting to work more than the arms. This mental image will help you use the right muscles. The elbows should come up and out. Relax back into the ready position and repeat.

That should be enough to get started with. If you like, I will tell you the more advanced routine for when you get to that point.

PS. Add any abdominal routine that you like. Also, make sure to warm up and stretch before, and to cool down and stretch after. Use whatever routine you like.

Guest guest

This is a modified form of exercise that helped make me stronger without getting really huge. It is modified in that I have added new points to it as I have learned more about weight training.

Biologically our bodies are lazy, a natural aspect designed to husband scarce resources (calories, etc.) by doing as little work as possible. However, this also has negative effects beyond putting on fat. Muscles are made up of bundles of fibers. The brain/body link only activates as many bundles as needed to do a given amount of work. Unfortunately, the body tends to use the same ones over and over again, leaving many to atrophy through lack of use.

The most basic way to get around that is to change a component of weight lifting. Usually you are told to relax during the workout. What works better is to add some tension to the muscles to force more fibers to activate and to make the muscle groups work together more effectively. All I will suggest doing is to squeeze the bumbbell hard during the exercise. The squeezing of the hand will increase grip strength and it will cause the arm, shoulder and other upper body muscles to work harder. You don't really need to try to tighten up any other muscles, the hands alone will be enough for our purposes here.

I also prefer compound exercises as much as possible to single muscle exercises. This is because very rarely does the body do anything with only one muscle. Most movements require the coordination of many muscle groups. If one is developed more than the others, that will cause an imbalance and increase risk of injury.

Now I'll describe the weight, sets and reps. Your starting weight should be something you can do 5 reps of without too much trouble: not too easy and not too hard. You might want to start with 5 pounds on each bell, and perhaps have a lighter 2.5 bell for some exercises. I have two sets with different weights so I don't have to go through the bother of switching weights between exercises. I also prefer adjustable dumbbells to fixed weight ones since you can add or subtract plates as need be.

All of the exercises I will describe will follow the same pattern. Each set will have 5 repetitions. They all follow this progression: for three days, 5 reps per set. If you only do one set at first, that's fine. On the fourth day, do 6 reps. Another 3 days, do 7 and so on until you reach 10. At that point, you can either increase the weight slightly. That won't be easy at low weight levels, since every 10% weight increase is felt, so if you can't increase the weight by less than 20%, just add another set instead. Also, you start over again at 5 reps per set with the new weight, or if you had to add a set, the first set stays at 10 and the new set starts at five. 10 is the maximum reps you want to do, so the progression only works for those starting at 5.

If you were doing multiple sets to begin with, listen to your body. If it was tough increase both sets at the same rate, only increase the first one and keep the others at 5 until you fill the first one completely, at which point you can start on the next sets. The important thing is not to overtax your system. You only want to stress it enough that it will compensate for the exercise by getting stronger, not wipe it out.

So, always listen to your body. It will probably complain some at first, but if you think you are overdoing it, ease up, but don't drop below 5 reps. If you get dizzy or short of breath, stop.

The first set is a compound, full body routine. Stand with a dumbbell in either hand, hands at your sides. To start, squat down thighs going no more than parrallel to the ground and knees not going past the toes. Go as far as you comfortably can. Then stand up, raising the dumbbells in front your body by bending at the elbows, brining the weights to your shoulders. Breath out while standing. Breathe in, then push the dumbbells overhead, keeping the elbows straight but not locked, breathing out as you push up. Bring them down to the shoulders again, then flow back to the squat position and repeat. Do this at a pace you are comfortable with.

The next set follows the same pattern until the weights are at the shoulders. Here you rotate the arms out from the body and do the presses from there. You will so this every rep. This lift works the shoulders, lats, back and chest in a different way.

For the arms:

First, take a single dumbbell in both hands. Raise it up behind your head, holding on to one end or plate and letting the other hand down behind you, keeping your elbows against your head. Straighten your arms lifting the weight. Once you do the reps, go to a sturdy chair. turn your back to it, put your hands on the seat edge with your feet out in front of you and your back just off the edge. Lower yourself a comfortable distance and push yourself back up for the right number of reps. Altogether this is one set.

Second, take a dumbbell in each hand. Start with them by your sides. Raise the bells, palms forward (they will end up palms facing your shoulders). Do that for the right number of reps. Then, turn the hands such that the palms are facing the legs. Raise the dumbbells to the shoulders palms still facing inward. You can do these one hand at a time, or both at the same time.

For the back:

Take the dumbbells and bend over about 45 degrees. Start with the bells hanging, but bend the elbows and pull up some to tense the muscles a little (don't consciously tense the muscles, holding the bells up a little rather than letting them hang will do that). Pretend you are trying to catch a pencil between your shoulder blades. It is the back you are wanting to work more than the arms. This mental image will help you use the right muscles. The elbows should come up and out. Relax back into the ready position and repeat.

That should be enough to get started with. If you like, I will tell you the more advanced routine for when you get to that point.

PS. Add any abdominal routine that you like. Also, make sure to warm up and stretch before, and to cool down and stretch after. Use whatever routine you like.

Guest guest

>

>

> " If you want to add some strength, I could give you a simple routine

that

> worked for me. Let me know if you are interested. "

Sure. Thanks.

>

>

Guest guest

>

>

> " If you want to add some strength, I could give you a simple routine

that

> worked for me. Let me know if you are interested. "

Sure. Thanks.

>

>

Guest guest

>>

> " The most basic way to get around that is to change a component of

weight

> lifting. Usually you are told to relax during the workout. What

works better is

> to add some tension to the muscles to force more fibers to activate

and to

> make the muscle groups work together more effectively. All I will

suggest doing

> is to squeeze the bumbbell hard during the exercise. The squeezing

of the

> hand will increase grip strength and it will cause the arm,

shoulder and other

> upper body muscles to work harder. You don't really need to try to

tighten up

> any other muscles, the hands alone will be enough for our purposes

here. "

Thanks, what a good idea! I never thought of it. In doing this you

are holding the muscles in the same way a ballet dancer does which

increases strength too. I could use more grip strength as well. I'll

try that my next workout.

>

> " I also prefer compound exercises as much as possible to single

muscle

> exercises. This is because very rarely does the body do anything

with only one

> muscle. Most movements require the coordination of many muscle

groups. If one is

> developed more than the others, that will cause an imbalance and

increase risk

> of injury. "

Me too. It saves time as well, but you're right, it's functional

fitness and better. I've noticed this from just lifting weights the

regular way before--I could lift something really well a certain way,

but than other muscles, often the small ones that never got worked,

were weak and I couldn't lift something another way. It's more

stabilizing too, and good for the back which needs to be strong and

stable.

>

" I have two sets with different

> weights so I don't have to go through the bother of switching

weights between

> exercises. "

Me too.

>

Thanks, I don't think I was increasing my weights as I should, but

staying at the same level. I'm going to do that.

Guest guest

In , " mikecarrie01 "

<mikecarrie01@...> wrote:

I like how it makes me feel and keeps my weight down. I am weak and

> have few muscles so I have to lift weights just to have average

> muscle strength. I do exercise videos, mainly The Firm and Tracie

> Long. But I love rollerblading and swimming. I love being outside

and

> getting sun, being in the water, and being with nature.

Yes, it's good for keeping weight down and releasing endorphins and

or enkephalins. I've brought home exercise movies on Yoga and it

seemed beneficial. Being outside is great as long as it's not in the

evening when there are alot of mosquitoes.

> Yes, I like farmers' markets. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables,

> mainly organic. I have a juicer. Don't overdo it with the carrots

> because they are high in sugar. Use carrots and another vegetable

or

> two.

Organic is a great way to go. I heard that the carrots were high in

sugar. Romaine lettuce tastes good in a juicer IMO. So far I've used

a blender. Juicers are better though because the stuff gets absorbed

quicker.

> Pets are great, loving companions. Just make sure you have a living

> situation that is steady for them and you can give them all the

care

> they need. Cats are easier, though, because they are more

independent

> and don't need as much care as many pets.

>

Cats have always been my favorite. Miniature Daschounds are okay too.

LoL. My cat knows how to play fetch. Well, actually he's my sister's

cat. I give him flax oil to keep him healthy. His food is the orange

IAMS dry mix. I'd read the package and it seems like a good choice.

> >

> > " Hello everyone. What do you like about exercise? "

>

> I like how it makes me feel and keeps my weight down. I am weak and

> have few muscles so I have to lift weights just to have average

> muscle strength. I do exercise videos, mainly The Firm and Tracie

> Long. But I love rollerblading and swimming. I love being outside

and

> getting sun, being in the water, and being with nature.

>

> " Does anyone

> > here like farmers co-ops or farmer's markets? I'm thinking of

> buying a

> > juicer and getting bags of carrots to get alot of beta carotene. "

>

> Yes, I like farmers' markets. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables,

> mainly organic. I have a juicer. Don't overdo it with the carrots

> because they are high in sugar. Use carrots and another vegetable

or

> two.

>

> " Do any of you have

> > pets that help to keep you motivated? I'm thinking of maybe

getting

> a

> > cat that will keep me company. Cats are fun. "

>

> Pets are great, loving companions. Just make sure you have a living

> situation that is steady for them and you can give them all the

care

> they need. Cats are easier, though, because they are more

independent

> and don't need as much care as many pets.

>

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

DH=Darling Husband(or damn heheheeh) DD=Darling Daughter DS=Darling Son MIL or FIL=mother or father in law dnew219 <dnew219@...> wrote: Could someone tell me what DH, & DD stand for? Thanks,Di

See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out.

Guest guest

DH=Darling Husband(or damn heheheeh) DD=Darling Daughter DS=Darling Son MIL or FIL=mother or father in law dnew219 <dnew219@...> wrote: Could someone tell me what DH, & DD stand for? Thanks,Di

See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out.

Guest guest

>

> Could someone tell me what DH, & DD stand for?

> Thanks,

> Di

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out.

>

• 2 years later...

Hey

ask your doctor for ideas....maybe even some physical therapy ,,, made

a great point with Tai Chi

I want to start that want one too

Chair exercises can help...ask the doctor, but if you have active joint pain

I would probably do easy range of motion stuff. but first ..uh ask ask

ask...better yet...write the question down and mail it hhhhaaa You will get

an answer !! Just for you!!

Hugs

Liz

**************Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog,

plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

(http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)

>

>

>

> Re: Exercise

>

> I know what you mean Bram about not wanting another thing taken

> away. When I had to quit kickboxing, it was one of the most

> emotional things I've ever gone through. That may sound silly, but

> that is the moment I admitted I had lost control over my body.

> Years later I have accepted all of this, but I now look back at

that

> time and can see the emotional pain I went through.

>

> I also felt like this when I knew my time hunting and fishing were

gone

> they way I used to do them. For me almost any hunting is gone as the

> guns hurt my shoulder and the walking .nope can not walk miles a

day any

> more lucky some times to push it at a mile if that. The fishing I

now

> have changed no more wondering down streams mile after mile but now

do

> more boat and lake shore fishing in one spot.

> It was hard knowing that only a year before all this I was in the

best

> shape of my life

> Hugs all

> Marty

> _____

>

>

>

>

Carole,

I've often had the same question. When i first moved to Houston I

lived with my brother and he lived on the 3rd floor. I went from a

building in LA with an elevator to climbing 6 flights of stairs. I

figured after a month of doing that no less than 5 times a day it'd be

easier. I lived there for 6 months, was never easier.

Some days at home i find I can bound up my stairs several times in a

row. Some days, I find I can barely make it up once. I think there's

something going on inside of us that impacts the various systems we

use.

I also question how I cannot lose a single pound even though my

exercise has increased dramatically.

I don't know, but you aren't the only one with this question.

Houston, TX

Carole,

I've often had the same question. When i first moved to Houston I

lived with my brother and he lived on the 3rd floor. I went from a

building in LA with an elevator to climbing 6 flights of stairs. I

figured after a month of doing that no less than 5 times a day it'd be

easier. I lived there for 6 months, was never easier.

Some days at home i find I can bound up my stairs several times in a

row. Some days, I find I can barely make it up once. I think there's

something going on inside of us that impacts the various systems we

use.

I also question how I cannot lose a single pound even though my

exercise has increased dramatically.

I don't know, but you aren't the only one with this question.

Houston, TX

Bounding up six flights of stairs... what would I give to bound up six

stairs! lol

Carole, I'm frustrated too by the loss of energy, and how slow and 'uneven'

my progress is. While I'm much better with walking (I just made it around

the whole block tonight, wee hills and all!), stairs are my nemesis.

I can go up the stairs once (we're only talking up from the basement, maybe

12 steps?). But if I go downstairs and try to do it again within 15 minutes

or so, I'm wobbly and wheezing. I get SO frustrated with it, and I feel like

a 90 year old.

Maybe you are exhausting yourself doing two walks, and should cut it down to

one? Or shorten each one?

That's the worst thing with Still's... no one can say 'In one month you'll

have your energy back!' because we just don't know how it''s going to be day

to day. I tell my friends 'Yes, we can plan to do <fill in the blank> on

Saturday at 2pm, but keep in mind that I might be falling apart and need a

wee nap at that moment.'... I'm so glad my friends are so understanding! Now

I need an EMPLOYER that would be that understanding. lol

The Probably Unhelpful But Sympathetic!

Bounding up six flights of stairs... what would I give to bound up six

stairs! lol

Carole, I'm frustrated too by the loss of energy, and how slow and 'uneven'

my progress is. While I'm much better with walking (I just made it around

the whole block tonight, wee hills and all!), stairs are my nemesis.

I can go up the stairs once (we're only talking up from the basement, maybe

12 steps?). But if I go downstairs and try to do it again within 15 minutes

or so, I'm wobbly and wheezing. I get SO frustrated with it, and I feel like

a 90 year old.

Maybe you are exhausting yourself doing two walks, and should cut it down to

one? Or shorten each one?

That's the worst thing with Still's... no one can say 'In one month you'll

have your energy back!' because we just don't know how it''s going to be day

to day. I tell my friends 'Yes, we can plan to do <fill in the blank> on

Saturday at 2pm, but keep in mind that I might be falling apart and need a

wee nap at that moment.'... I'm so glad my friends are so understanding! Now

I need an EMPLOYER that would be that understanding. lol

The Probably Unhelpful But Sympathetic!

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Hi ,

I think it was great that you ran and walked this week! Makes me more determined

to get on the treadmill in a bit.

Wynn's challenge has also helped me ALOT! Whenever I don't really feel like it,

I think about reporting  and it gets me going. Plus, once I'm into the first 5

minutes, it always feels good afterwards.

And when I feel good after the exercise, it's alot easier to eat better.  A

very nice cycle.

Subject: Exercise

" IOWL " <weightloss >

Date: Friday, April 16, 2010, 8:47 PM

By the way, after promising to join Wynn in the running challenge, I never

reported back as to how much it helped!

I first committed to running last Wednesday. A day I usually work at home, so I

thought it would be easy. I ended up going to the office, and not getting home

until around 8:30pm.... I was tired. I neeeeeed my sleep. That's a promise to

myself. But I also promised myself a run--planning on around 40 minutes.

Soooooo... I ran for 20min. Felt great, honored my promises, slept well.

I've had another two good runs since then, and there were 3 days that got in a

30-min walk. Not bad for chaos week!

There were a couple of times that I was sort of wavering, but thought of Wynn,

and did it anyway. So thanks!!

PS: Next week I'll work in a little strength trainging for variety....

Guest guest

Hi ,

I think it was great that you ran and walked this week! Makes me more determined

to get on the treadmill in a bit.

Wynn's challenge has also helped me ALOT! Whenever I don't really feel like it,

I think about reporting  and it gets me going. Plus, once I'm into the first 5

minutes, it always feels good afterwards.

And when I feel good after the exercise, it's alot easier to eat better.  A

very nice cycle.

Subject: Exercise

" IOWL " <weightloss >

Date: Friday, April 16, 2010, 8:47 PM

By the way, after promising to join Wynn in the running challenge, I never

reported back as to how much it helped!

I first committed to running last Wednesday. A day I usually work at home, so I

thought it would be easy. I ended up going to the office, and not getting home

until around 8:30pm.... I was tired. I neeeeeed my sleep. That's a promise to

myself. But I also promised myself a run--planning on around 40 minutes.

Soooooo... I ran for 20min. Felt great, honored my promises, slept well.

I've had another two good runs since then, and there were 3 days that got in a

30-min walk. Not bad for chaos week!

There were a couple of times that I was sort of wavering, but thought of Wynn,

and did it anyway. So thanks!!

PS: Next week I'll work in a little strength trainging for variety....

Guest guest

Oh !

I was so delighted to read your post this morning. This is what is

talking about when she discusses " healing in community " . I, too, have been

exercising these past few weeks when I don't want to or don't think I even

can, because I have made promises to all of you out there. And I am slowly

coming out of the " all or nothing " mindset. I am the typical overachiever

mentioned in one of 's podcasts who simply does nothing because she

doesn't have the time to do a 2 hour workout. I used to work out 2 hours a

day at least 5 days a week. When I can't do that I just throw in the towel -

what good is a 1/2 hour run or a few sets of weights, I ask myself. Well,

it's a heck of a lot better than no run at all and I'm really working on

that one. It's difficult for me as I am sure it is for many of us, but

knowing someone out there has my best interests in their heart and is

silently encouraging me to get up and get going makes an incredible

difference. Amazing but true, and I would like to thank everyone of you for

your caring and kindness and encouragement.

Wynn

Exercise

> By the way, after promising to join Wynn in the running challenge, I never

> reported back as to how much it helped!

>

> I first committed to running last Wednesday. A day I usually work at home,

> so I thought it would be easy. I ended up going to the office, and not

> getting home until around 8:30pm.... I was tired. I neeeeeed my sleep.

> That's a promise to myself. But I also promised myself a run--planning on

> around 40 minutes. Soooooo... I ran for 20min. Felt great, honored my

> promises, slept well.

>

> I've had another two good runs since then, and there were 3 days that got

> in a 30-min walk. Not bad for chaos week!

>

> There were a couple of times that I was sort of wavering, but thought of

> Wynn, and did it anyway. So thanks!!

>

>

>

> PS: Next week I'll work in a little strength trainging for variety....

>

>