RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Pat

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think you and I are twins Pat! (17) is my grand and I also dxed him and was his ABA therapist....I am his homeschool teacher now and he divides his time pretty much equally between his home and here...they live next door. My daughter ( 's Mum) works with children with autism as well and is an advocate for the families. It just made more sense for me to do the 1/1 with Josh and let her stay in the workforce. I feel that parental bond with Josh as well as you do with Karac. We are a part of his parental unit so it comes naturally. Heavens I am long winded this morning..LOL

Pat

I love your son's name, Karac...how do you pronounce it? What does it mean?

Guest guest

, I am so glad to know that we have so much in common. However, you are more fortunate that it is your daughter that is the mother and not your DIL. How is doing? I wish I could have homeschooled Karac. I'll get him after school today, but he won't feel like doing much work. Pat K

Re: Pat

I think you and I are twins Pat! (17) is my grand and I also dxed him and was his ABA therapist....I am his homeschool teacher now and he divides his time pretty much equally between his home and here...they live next door. My daughter ( 's Mum) works with children with autism as well and is an advocate for the families. It just made more sense for me to do the 1/1 with Josh and let her stay in the workforce. I feel that parental bond with Josh as well as you do with Karac. We are a part of his parental unit so it comes naturally. Heavens I am long winded this morning..LOL

Pat

Guest guest

Pat...I hear you when it comes to our boys mothers. I cannot imagine having that hurdle to get over. and I are in sync when it comes to Josh and his needs and I am so grateful for that. Being the grandparent on the sons side has to be difficult ...for a lot of reasons. I can feel free to voice my opinion to and while we dont always agree we can argue and still move forward knowing that we share this 'family" bond. make sense?

Josh has come a long way from the preschooler who screamed his emotions....He went to public school thro elementary. He needed to be submerged in the numbers to tweek out the speech and social skills and we were lucky to have a safe nuturing school. But after graduation from there we knew he was better off at home. Now he has quality social interaction vs quantity and it is paying off for him. He eagerly approaches kids now and sincerely enjoys their company without the sensory overload 200 in a cafeteria would have entailed.

Academically he is soaring and we love our eceletic approach to homeschooling. It works for us!

Pat

Guest guest

, he is sooo blessed to have you!! Pat K, you know how I feel about you! , I spoke of one of my "mentor" mom's in an earlier post -- she had the very same experience as you all --- her child did great until about 5th grade when the cafeteria became just too much --- he shut down...she removed him and was able to put him in a school to best suit his needs (I know you home-school) --- anyhow she is a teacher so she got a job at the private school which helped with the tuition...anyhow...he is thriving too --- I'm glad to hear this...I may need to home-school as well --- I can't go there yet as it scares me so much!!! BTW, is there a curriculum you follow? If so will you share your ideas...Thanks.

For now is in our early childhood program, loves his teachers as they do him and is being helped...that's for now -- each day brings something new ---

e

From: <mwhitehead@...>autism Sent: Mon, January 11, 2010 10:55:58 AMSubject: Re: Pat

Pat...I hear you when it comes to our boys mothers. I cannot imagine having that hurdle to get over. and I are in sync when it comes to Josh and his needs and I am so grateful for that. Being the grandparent on the sons side has to be difficult ...for a lot of reasons. I can feel free to voice my opinion to and while we dont always agree we can argue and still move forward knowing that we share this 'family" bond. make sense?

Josh has come a long way from the preschooler who screamed his emotions.... He went to public school thro elementary. He needed to be submerged in the numbers to tweek out the speech and social skills and we were lucky to have a safe nuturing school. But after graduation from there we knew he was better off at home. Now he has quality social interaction vs quantity and it is paying off for him. He eagerly approaches kids now and sincerely enjoys their company without the sensory overload 200 in a cafeteria would have entailed.

Academically he is soaring and we love our eceletic approach to homeschooling. It works for us!

Pat

Guest guest

It has been tragic for Karac; he was so high functioning and had so much promise. I am happy for you and Josh.

Josh has come a long way from the preschooler who screamed his emotions....He went to public school thro elementary. He needed to be submerged in the numbers to tweek out the speech and social skills and we were lucky to have a safe nuturing school. But after graduation from there we knew he was better off at home. Now he has quality social interaction vs quantity and it is paying off for him. He eagerly approaches kids now and sincerely enjoys their company without the sensory overload 200 in a cafeteria would have entailed.

Pat

Guest guest

It is never to late Pat...I dont know the history with you, Karac and his Mum so am probably out of line here but does she not see his strengths and work on them? You talk about his being high functioning in the past tense....Has he regressed? Just yell if I am getting to personal...I have a thick skin so no problem but something about yours and karacs story touches a cord with me. <<hugs>>

Pat

Guest guest

Oh never be afraid to homeschool!! I realize it is not for everyone but can work wonders for some of our kids. We do not follow a boxed cirriculum but since Josh's skills are splintered so is our cirriculum...eceletic is how I like to frame it. LOL. That being said there are TONS of homeschooling resources online and something to suit everyones needs I assure you. It is fun and I love the ability to match the learning to Josh's day and his mood and his likes. OK I will get off my soapbox now..LOL

Pat

Guest guest

shame on all of them for not giving that child a chance...shame on all of them. Even if the Mum was not able to help move Karac's education forward the school should have been professional enough to pick up the slack and work with him. It makes my blood boil when people underestimate our children and dont give them the supports they need to be happy productive people and function in our world....aaaaagghhhhh!

Pat

Guest guest

If I had been the mother I would have sued the school district. They took a verbal little boy and made him nonverbal. Karac is an auditory learner and they used Pecs with him . I was in the room when he said, "may I have the ball please" and the teacher said go get the picture. Can you believe that? When I protested they wouldn't let me come back to the school again.

shame on all of them for not giving that child a chance...shame on all of them. Even if the Mum was not able to help move Karac's education forward the school should have been professional enough to pick up the slack and work with him. It makes my blood boil when people underestimate our children and dont give them the supports they need to be happy productive people and function in our world....aaaaagghhhhh!

Pat

Guest guest

You dont want to know my comments to that remark by the teacher!! I would most likely be kicked off the internet!! I am so sorry Karac has had these people in his life. It just is not fair and such a disservice to him....I can only imagine your frustration...and "frustration" is to weak a word for what I know your emotion must have been. So sorry Pat.

Pat

Guest guest

, you are very kind. It means a lot to me to hear from someone who seems to truly understand. You are right; life has not be fair to Karac. blessings, Pat K

You dont want to know my comments to that remark by the teacher!! I would most likely be kicked off the internet!! I am so sorry Karac has had these people in his life. It just is not fair and such a disservice to him....I can only imagine your frustration...and "frustration" is to weak a word for what I know your emotion must have been. So sorry Pat.

Pat

Guest guest

Thanks, Lois, I seem to be blessed with good health, and I have a husband who makes me feel young even after 63 years of marriage.Sent from my iPadOn Dec 3, 2011, at 7:24 PM, " lois noland" <jlois@...> wrote:

Pat,

You sure don't look 80!!!!!!!!!! JJ is doing ok. Still full of himself! LOL! I hope you had a great lunch! ((HUGS)) Lois

Thanks Lois. I'm going to lunch tomorrow with all my girls. I'm looking forward to that. It is great to be ...80 and to feel good.

.. Sent from my iPad

On Dec 2, 2011, at 9:50 PM, Reifeiss <crazymisskitty@...> wrote:

Happy birthday pat

On Dec 2, 2011 9:10 PM, "lois noland" <jlois@...> wrote:

<sunbannA.gif>

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!!!!!!!!!! (((((((HUGS))))))) LOIS (:

Lois Noland 240-420-6120Always in search for the "cure"

Lois Noland240-420-3692I don't give inI don't give upAnd I don't take no for an answerAlways looking for the "Cure"

I don't give inI don't give upAnd I don't take NO for an answer.

If God Brings you to it,He will Bring you though it.

Guest guest

Congrats on the 63 years and belated Happy Birthday!

Drissia

<sunbannA.gif>

Lois Noland240-420-3692I don't give inI don't give upAnd I don't take no for an answerAlways looking for the "Cure"

Guest guest

Thats great!Jake andI have been together33 years. Lois

Thanks Lois. I'm going to lunch tomorrow with all my girls. I'm looking forward to that. It is great to be ...80 and to feel good.

.. Sent from my iPad

Happy birthday pat

<sunbannA.gif>

Guest guest

Thank you, DrissiaSent from my iPadOn Dec 6, 2011, at 12:36 PM, drissia wright <ritzywright@...> wrote:

Congrats on the 63 years and belated Happy Birthday!

Drissia

<sunbannA.gif>

Guest guest

Well you are half way there. Sent from my iPadOn Dec 6, 2011, at 7:33 PM, " lois noland" <jlois@...> wrote:

Thats great!Jake andI have been together33 years. Lois

.. Sent from my iPad

Happy birthday pat

<sunbannA.gif>

Guest guest

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Pat- Love you! Lois

.. Sent from my iPad

Happy birthday pat

<sunbannA.gif>

Guest guest

Pat, We will be looking forward to celebrating your birthday in a few weeks too.

Be Blessed, Be Healthy and take good care,

Rashelle

Harness the Powerful Benefits of Oxygen with LifeLift.

See our main web site at www.oxygenlift.net

Oxygen burns fat, tones muscles, reduces stress

Be healthier with each breath you take with LifeLift*OxygenLift

Please feel free to request my free Health and Beauty newsletter at

www.lifelift.net

LifeLift

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:16:22 -0400

Subject: Re: 2 special birthdays this week Liz and Darlene

Hi Liz and Darlene,

Happy birthday to both of you, this year and always throughout the

remaining years and decades of your lives!!! I hope that each one of

you has the best personal " New Year " of your lives and that God will

bless each of you in very special ways!!

My birthday is on the 20th of this month of March, so we have a lot of

" March babies " on this wonderful Life Lift list that Rashelle set up for

all of us years ago, don't we?

Love always,

Pat

On 3/13/2012 12:40 PM, Rashelle Haines wrote:

>

> Hello my beautiful LifeLifters,

>

> I hope you are all well, happy and breathing to be healthy.

>

> This week we have 2 very special birthdays. Darlene and Liz are

> celebrating birthdays this week.

>

> I pray you both have the most wonderful weeks of your life. I will be

> sending you both love and cyber hugs.

>

> Love,

> Rashelle

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Rashelle,

Thanks so much!! I am really and truly looking forward to March 30, as

I do look forward to that special day of mine each and every year!! It

is always wonderful to have attained yet another year of life on this

earth!! And since I started my Kapalbhati yoga breathing and have added

it to my Life Lift breathing on a daily basis, I will be looking forward

to finally having attained my dream weight of 120 pounds by the time I

turn 65 in 4 more years, and then, to being able to keep all of that fat

and flab (and WEIGHT) off my body for the rest of my life by continuing

to do my Kapalbhati yoga breathing and my Life Lift breathing forever,

even well, well, well into eternity!!!

Love always,

Pat

On 3/14/2012 1:38 PM, Rashelle Haines wrote:

> Pat, We will be looking forward to celebrating your birthday in a few weeks

too. Be Blessed, Be Healthy and take good care,

>

>

>

> Rashelle

> Harness the Powerful Benefits of Oxygen with LifeLift.

> See our main web site at www.oxygenlift.net

> Oxygen burns fat, tones muscles, reduces stress

> Be healthier with each breath you take with LifeLift*OxygenLift

> Please feel free to request my free Health and Beauty newsletter at

www.lifelift.net

>

> LifeLift

> From: patlusher@...

> Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:16:22 -0400

> Subject: Re: 2 special birthdays this week Liz and Darlene

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi Liz and Darlene,

>

>

>

> Happy birthday to both of you, this year and always throughout the

>

> remaining years and decades of your lives!!! I hope that each one of

>

> you has the best personal " New Year " of your lives and that God will

>

> bless each of you in very special ways!!

>

>

>

> My birthday is on the 20th of this month of March, so we have a lot of

>

> " March babies " on this wonderful Life Lift list that Rashelle set up for

>

> all of us years ago, don't we?

>

>

>

> Love always,

>

> Pat

>

>

>

> On 3/13/2012 12:40 PM, Rashelle Haines wrote:

>

>> Hello my beautiful LifeLifters,

>> I hope you are all well, happy and breathing to be healthy.

>> This week we have 2 very special birthdays. Darlene and Liz are

>> celebrating birthdays this week.

>> I pray you both have the most wonderful weeks of your life. I will be

>> sending you both love and cyber hugs.

>> Love,

>> Rashelle

>>