RemedySpot.com

hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

And sometimes the colours you pick say all..Boocaptdanny <captdankw@...> wrote: Boo, just wondering my love, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but at times I can be colorful, just have to learn to color within the lines. Hopefully that will never happen, Love and Hugs , dannyKathy Brunow <kathy-boo@...> wrote: Danny my dear, I've been assured it is a part of the United

States.. Though at times I wonder!! It's a diferent world.. Boocaptdanny <captdankw@...> wrote: Hey Boo, is Wisconson in the U.S. or is it in southern Canada? dannyKathy Brunow

Guest guest

Welcome back Sharon .....the way it sounds , you need to treat again . Its not unusual for hepatitis c to start advancing with patients who relapse . A large part of it can be from things like iron overload which is very common when the disease gets worse . Have you had iron studies done ? If not I would suggest it to your doctor , its just a simple blood test And iron overload when treated can greatly reduce the viral load and slow the progression of the hepatitis c . The extra vein could be normal also , but I am not sure about that . What was your last viral load count ? Hopefully you havent progressed to stage 4 ,which is cirrhosis . You will problably have to have another biopsy to determine if you have gotten worse . And it sounds like you need to treat again ..

Hello

Hello, My name is Sharon. I've been here (on this group) several times and now I've returned. This is a good, informative group.

I've had Hepc now for 30 years, genotype 2a. Have had treatment once and relapsed. Last biopsy, in 2001, I had stage one fibrosis and stage 2 inflammation, whatever that means.

Recently, I had a lap band installed, during which the doc saw through his scopes that there is extensive damage to my liver. Also some anomalies in the layout of my organs and an extra vein alongside the liver. Bless his heart, he took pics of the damage and will send them to my hep doc.

According to him, my stage one has progressed to what he thinks looks like cirrohsis. I don't drink or smoke and haven't for many years. I don't use drugs or ingest a lot of caffeine and try to eat good rounded nutritional meals.

My question is how did this happen? Am I again an anomaly? Hep C is supposed to move very slowly, but obviously was quite speedy in my case. I've complained of various ailment over the past year at least, like trouble voiding water and thinking I had a bladder infection when none was found.

I'm angry, confused and scared now. I am losing weight, which cannot be anything else but positive. I can take treatment again if the drug company thinks I'm poor enough, but cirrhosis is not reservsible. I need some info as to what that means. If I take treatment again, will the progress stop? Will it develop into liver cancer? My doc is rather hard to talk to, too dang smart and finds it hard to come down to earth.

Sharon

Guest guest

I believe that cirrhosis IS reversable. I strongly believe that many otherwise unexplanable things can be done if one truely believes. Maybe this is just tricking the mind, or maybe there is a god. In any case, I've watched the cirrhosis in my own liver disappear over the last 3 years via ultrasound every 6 months. Doctors DON"T know everything. I hope you find what you need Sharon! And I wish you happiness, and a long life. Eat well, sleep well, be well!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Welcome back Sharon .....the way it sounds , you need to treat again . Its not unusual for hepatitis c to start advancing with patients who relapse . A large part of it can be from things like iron overload which is very common when the disease

gets worse . Have you had iron studies done ? If not I would suggest it to your doctor , its just a simple blood test And iron overload when treated can greatly reduce the viral load and slow the progression of the hepatitis c . The extra vein could be normal also , but I am not sure about that . What was your last viral load count ? Hopefully you havent progressed to stage 4 ,which is cirrhosis . You will problably have to have another biopsy to determine if you have gotten worse . And it sounds like you need to treat again .. Hello Hello, My name is Sharon. I've been here (on this group) several times and now I've returned. This is a good, informative group. I've had Hepc now for 30 years, genotype 2a. Have had treatment once and relapsed. Last biopsy, in 2001, I had stage one fibrosis and stage 2 inflammation, whatever that means. Recently, I had a lap band installed, during which the doc saw through his scopes that there is extensive damage to my liver. Also some anomalies in the layout of my organs and an extra vein alongside the liver.

Bless his heart, he took pics of the damage and will send them to my hep doc. According to him, my stage one has progressed to what he thinks looks like cirrohsis. I don't drink or smoke and haven't for many years. I don't use drugs or ingest a lot of caffeine and try to eat good rounded nutritional meals. My question is how did this happen? Am I again an anomaly? Hep C is supposed to move very slowly, but obviously was quite speedy in my case. I've complained of various ailment over the past year at least, like trouble voiding water and thinking I had a bladder infection when none was found. I'm angry, confused and scared now. I am losing weight, which cannot be anything else but positive. I can take treatment again if the drug company thinks I'm poor enough, but cirrhosis is not reservsible. I need some info as to what that

means. If I take treatment again, will the progress stop? Will it develop into liver cancer? My doc is rather hard to talk to, too dang smart and finds it hard to come down to earth. Sharon

New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

Guest guest

thanks chris very postive message may you and your family be bless't,

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Thanks for the welcome, . I guess i sort of panicked when I heard the news. Two biopsies were taken during the surgery, just waiting now for everything to get transferred up to me in Washington. I have not had any tests other than the enzyme and normal panel tests for several years. The docs don't seem to think the viral load has great meaning. I sound disgruntled with docs, and I am. I've been complaining of various changes in my feeling of well being for some time without result. I really cannot know anything til I go back and see what the pics and biopsies show. Sharonelizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Welcome back Sharon .....the way it sounds , you need to treat again . Its not unusual for hepatitis

c to start advancing with patients who relapse . A large part of it can be from things like iron overload which is very common when the disease gets worse . Have you had iron studies done ? If not I would suggest it to your doctor , its just a simple blood test And iron overload when treated can greatly reduce the viral load and slow the progression of the hepatitis c . The extra vein could be normal also , but I am not sure about that . What was your last viral load count ? Hopefully you havent progressed to stage 4 ,which is cirrhosis . You will problably have to have another biopsy to determine if you have gotten worse . And it sounds like you need to treat again .. Hello Hello, My name is Sharon. I've been here (on this group) several times and now I've returned. This is a good, informative group. I've had Hepc now for 30 years, genotype 2a. Have had treatment once and relapsed. Last biopsy, in 2001, I had stage one fibrosis and stage 2 inflammation, whatever that means. Recently, I had a lap band installed, during which the doc saw through his scopes that there is extensive damage to my liver. Also some anomalies in the

layout of my organs and an extra vein alongside the liver. Bless his heart, he took pics of the damage and will send them to my hep doc. According to him, my stage one has progressed to what he thinks looks like cirrohsis. I don't drink or smoke and haven't for many years. I don't use drugs or ingest a lot of caffeine and try to eat good rounded nutritional meals. My question is how did this happen? Am I again an anomaly? Hep C is supposed to move very slowly, but obviously was quite speedy in my case. I've complained of various ailment over the past year at least, like trouble voiding water and thinking I had a bladder infection when none was found. I'm angry, confused and scared now. I am losing weight, which cannot be anything else but positive. I can take treatment again if the drug company thinks I'm poor enough, but cirrhosis is

not reservsible. I need some info as to what that means. If I take treatment again, will the progress stop? Will it develop into liver cancer? My doc is rather hard to talk to, too dang smart and finds it hard to come down to earth. Sharon

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Thank you for the boost, Chris. I'll be remembering this in the future. SharonHunter <us2china2@...> wrote: I believe that cirrhosis IS reversable. I strongly believe that many otherwise unexplanable things can be done if one truely believes. Maybe this is just tricking the mind, or maybe there is a god. In any case, I've watched the cirrhosis in my own liver disappear over the last 3 years via ultrasound every 6 months. Doctors DON"T know everything. I hope you find what you need Sharon! And I wish you happiness, and a long life. Eat well, sleep well, be well!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Welcome back

Sharon .....the way it sounds , you need to treat again . Its not unusual for hepatitis c to start advancing with patients who relapse . A large part of it can be from things like iron overload which is very common when the disease gets worse . Have you had iron studies done ? If not I would suggest it to your doctor , its just a simple blood test And iron overload when treated can greatly reduce the viral load and slow the progression of the hepatitis c . The extra vein could be normal also , but I am not sure about that . What was your last viral load count ? Hopefully you havent progressed to stage 4 ,which is cirrhosis . You will problably have to have another biopsy to determine if you have gotten worse . And it sounds like you need to treat again .. Hello Hello, My name is Sharon. I've been here (on this group) several times and now I've returned. This is a good, informative group. I've had Hepc now for 30 years, genotype 2a. Have had treatment once and relapsed. Last biopsy, in 2001, I had stage one fibrosis and stage 2 inflammation, whatever that means. Recently, I had a lap band installed, during which the doc saw through his

scopes that there is extensive damage to my liver. Also some anomalies in the layout of my organs and an extra vein alongside the liver. Bless his heart, he took pics of the damage and will send them to my hep doc. According to him, my stage one has progressed to what he thinks looks like cirrohsis. I don't drink or smoke and haven't for many years. I don't use drugs or ingest a lot of caffeine and try to eat good rounded nutritional meals. My question is how did this happen? Am I again an anomaly? Hep C is supposed to move very slowly, but obviously was quite speedy in my case. I've complained of various ailment over the past year at least, like trouble voiding water and thinking I had a bladder infection when none was found. I'm angry, confused and scared now. I am losing weight, which cannot be anything else but positive. I can

take treatment again if the drug company thinks I'm poor enough, but cirrhosis is not reservsible. I need some info as to what that means. If I take treatment again, will the progress stop? Will it develop into liver cancer? My doc is rather hard to talk to, too dang smart and finds it hard to come down to earth. Sharon New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.

Guest guest

is

expensive as far as I’m concerned, I have Free US and Canada calling (day or

Night) and when I call my Kids in Germany it’s .09 cents a min wants .15

cents a min. I’ll stick to my

Local service.

Tim

-----Original

Message-----

Hepatitis C

[mailto:Hepatitis C ]On

Behalf Of Hillbilly Tim

Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006

7:41 PM

Hepatitis C

Subject: Re:

Hello

thanks chris very postive message may you and your family be

bless't,

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone

Calls using Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

The viral load by itself is meaningless , its the whole picture that will determine where your disease has progressed to . But a high viral load ( in the millions ) can signify increasing damage . The biopsy is the greatest tool the docs have . But with an increase in symptoms I would think your doc's would have kept a closer watch on you . I hope you haven't progressed to cirrhosis , but if you have remember your not alone . We are all here for you hun .

Hello

Hello, My name is Sharon. I've been here (on this group) several times and now I've returned. This is a good, informative group.

I've had Hepc now for 30 years, genotype 2a. Have had treatment once and relapsed. Last biopsy, in 2001, I had stage one fibrosis and stage 2 inflammation, whatever that means.

Recently, I had a lap band installed, during which the doc saw through his scopes that there is extensive damage to my liver. Also some anomalies in the layout of my organs and an extra vein alongside the liver. Bless his heart, he took pics of the damage and will send them to my hep doc.

According to him, my stage one has progressed to what he thinks looks like cirrohsis. I don't drink or smoke and haven't for many years. I don't use drugs or ingest a lot of caffeine and try to eat good rounded nutritional meals.

My question is how did this happen? Am I again an anomaly? Hep C is supposed to move very slowly, but obviously was quite speedy in my case. I've complained of various ailment over the past year at least, like trouble voiding water and thinking I had a bladder infection when none was found.

I'm angry, confused and scared now. I am losing weight, which cannot be anything else but positive. I can take treatment again if the drug company thinks I'm poor enough, but cirrhosis is not reservsible. I need some info as to what that means. If I take treatment again, will the progress stop? Will it develop into liver cancer? My doc is rather hard to talk to, too dang smart and finds it hard to come down to earth.

Sharon

Guest guest

Yes, I vented concerning the point that they had pretty much ignored me for some months, but that sure doesn't change things. It still remains to be seen.... Sharonelizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: The viral load by itself is meaningless , its the whole picture that will determine where your disease has progressed to . But a high viral load ( in the millions ) can signify increasing damage . The biopsy is the greatest tool the docs have . But with an increase in symptoms I would think your doc's would have kept a closer watch on you . I hope you haven't progressed to cirrhosis , but if you have remember your not alone . We are all here for you hun . Hello Hello, My name is Sharon. I've been here (on this

group) several times and now I've returned. This is a good, informative group. I've had Hepc now for 30 years, genotype 2a. Have had treatment once and relapsed. Last biopsy, in 2001, I had stage one fibrosis and stage 2 inflammation, whatever that means. Recently, I had a lap band installed, during which the doc saw through his scopes that there is extensive damage to my liver. Also some anomalies in the layout of my organs and an extra vein alongside the liver. Bless his heart, he took pics of the damage and will send them to my hep doc. According to him, my stage one has progressed to what he thinks looks like cirrohsis. I don't drink or smoke and haven't for many years. I don't use drugs or ingest a lot of caffeine and try to eat good rounded nutritional meals. My question is how did this happen?

Am I again an anomaly? Hep C is supposed to move very slowly, but obviously was quite speedy in my case. I've complained of various ailment over the past year at least, like trouble voiding water and thinking I had a bladder infection when none was found. I'm angry, confused and scared now. I am losing weight, which cannot be anything else but positive. I can take treatment again if the drug company thinks I'm poor enough, but cirrhosis is not reservsible. I need some info as to what that means. If I take treatment again, will the progress stop? Will it develop into liver cancer? My doc is rather hard to talk to, too dang smart and finds it hard to come down to earth. Sharon Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Fire that doctor and get a new one , hehe You can always find another hepatologist or GI . You need to feel comfortable with the doctors treating you , and they need to be able to listen to their patients and to your concerns . I hope everything is gonna be ok for you sweety ..

Hello

Sharon

Guest guest

How do I go about finding a good GI doc in the Seattle area? I live in a very small rural community and have to drive to any doc, but the ones closest to here are not as good as I think they need to be. I won't see any more aides, np, or anything but a real doc anymore. Sharonelizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Fire that doctor and get a new one , hehe You can always find another hepatologist or GI . You need to feel comfortable with the doctors treating you , and they need to be able to listen to their patients and to your concerns . I hope everything is gonna be ok for you sweety .. Hello Hello, My name is Sharon. I've been here (on this group) several times and now I've returned. This is a good, informative group. I've had Hepc now for 30 years, genotype 2a. Have had treatment once and relapsed. Last biopsy, in 2001, I had stage one fibrosis and stage 2 inflammation, whatever that means. Recently, I had a lap band installed, during which the doc saw through his scopes that there is extensive damage to my liver. Also some

anomalies in the layout of my organs and an extra vein alongside the liver. Bless his heart, he took pics of the damage and will send them to my hep doc. According to him, my stage one has progressed to what he thinks looks like cirrohsis. I don't drink or smoke and haven't for many years. I don't use drugs or ingest a lot of caffeine and try to eat good rounded nutritional meals. My question is how did this happen? Am I again an anomaly? Hep C is supposed to move very slowly, but obviously was quite speedy in my case. I've complained of various ailment over the past year at least, like trouble voiding water and thinking I had a bladder infection when none was found. I'm angry, confused and scared now. I am losing weight, which cannot be anything else but positive. I can take treatment again if the drug company thinks I'm poor enough,

but cirrhosis is not reservsible. I need some info as to what that means. If I take treatment again, will the progress stop? Will it develop into liver cancer? My doc is rather hard to talk to, too dang smart and finds it hard to come down to earth. Sharon Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice. Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.

New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC for low, low rates.

Guest guest

How do I go about finding a good GI doc in the Seattle area? I live in a very small rural community and have to drive to any doc, but the ones closest to here are not as good as I think they need to be. I won't see any more aides, np, or anything but a real doc anymore. Sharonelizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Fire that doctor and get a new one , hehe You can always find another hepatologist or GI . You need to feel comfortable with the doctors treating you , and they need to be able to listen to their patients and to your concerns . I hope everything is gonna be ok for you sweety .. Hello Hello, My name is Sharon. I've been here (on this group) several times and now I've returned. This is a good, informative group. I've had Hepc now for 30 years, genotype 2a. Have had treatment once and relapsed. Last biopsy, in 2001, I had stage one fibrosis and stage 2 inflammation, whatever that means. Recently, I had a lap band installed, during which the doc saw through his scopes that there is extensive damage to my liver. Also some

anomalies in the layout of my organs and an extra vein alongside the liver. Bless his heart, he took pics of the damage and will send them to my hep doc. According to him, my stage one has progressed to what he thinks looks like cirrohsis. I don't drink or smoke and haven't for many years. I don't use drugs or ingest a lot of caffeine and try to eat good rounded nutritional meals. My question is how did this happen? Am I again an anomaly? Hep C is supposed to move very slowly, but obviously was quite speedy in my case. I've complained of various ailment over the past year at least, like trouble voiding water and thinking I had a bladder infection when none was found. I'm angry, confused and scared now. I am losing weight, which cannot be anything else but positive. I can take treatment again if the drug company thinks I'm poor enough,

but cirrhosis is not reservsible. I need some info as to what that means. If I take treatment again, will the progress stop? Will it develop into liver cancer? My doc is rather hard to talk to, too dang smart and finds it hard to come down to earth. Sharon Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice. Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.

New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC for low, low rates.

Guest guest

The authors do not seemed bothered or amazed that their claims indicate humans need 10 to 100 times less vitamin C than almost every other animal on the planet (adjusted for body-weight). Gorillas get 20 to 40 times as much in their diet and the RDA-equivalent for monkeys is also about 20 to 40 times higher than the authors are recommending for humans. Why is the RDA set so low for humans and so high for monkeys? The authors do not give any physiological explanation for why they believe humans are so unique among the animal kingdom as to find relatively small doses (1 g/d) of vitamin C "toxic". This size dose has never resulted in a human suffering an adverse health effect (other than those who are sensitive to it have temporary diarrhea). The article discusses increased iron absorption and oxalate production, but no case of a human being harmed is reported. The article's suggested "toxic" level for humans

is approximately the bare minimum needed by all other animals. Other large mammals sacrifice 2% to 4% of their daily food energy to make vitamin C in concentrations 10 to 20 times higher than what the article considers "toxic", showing that not only is it not toxic, but it's more important than having a little extra food! TITLE: Vitamin C supplementation and common cold symptoms: factors affecting the magnitude of the benefit. AUTHORS: Hemila H AUTHOR AFFILIATION: Department of Public Health, University of Helsinki, Finland. Med Hypotheses 1999 Feb;52(2):171-8 CITATION IDS: PMID: 10340298 UI: 99271657 ABSTRACT: Placebo-controlled trials have shown that vitamin C supplementation decreases the duration and severity of common cold infections. However, the magnitude of the benefit has substantially varied, hampering conclusions about the clinical significance of the vitamin. In this paper, 23 studies with

regular vitamin C supplementation (> or = 1 g/day) were analyzed to find out factors that may explain some part of the variation in the results. It was found that on average, vitamin C produces greater benefit for children than for adults. The dose may also affect the magnitude of the benefit, there being on average greater benefit from > or = 2 g/day compared to 1 g/day of the vitamin. In five studies with adults administered 1g/day of vitamin C, the median decrease in cold duration was only 6%, whereas in two studies with children administered 2 g/day the median decrease was four times higher, 26%. The trials analyzed in this work used regular vitamin C supplementation, but it is conceivable that therapeutic supplementation starting early at the onset of the cold episode could produce comparable benefits. Since few trials have examined the effects of therapeutic supplementation and their results have been variable, further therapeutic trials are required to examine the role

of vitamin C in the treatment of colds. Some writers have claimed that excess vit c is excreted immediately. Taking 5 hours for blood concentration of vit C to drop to levels that are still 2 times higher than normal steady state levels is not what I'd call "immediate" excretion. At two hours after the dose, vit C concentration is almost 4 times steady state levels. This data is for 1250 mg. For the proof of my statements, see figure 3 in the reference and paragraph 2 of page 1418 in the PDF file. If someone is taking large doses of V-C they should not just stop.The body has altered its absorption rate and it takes a while for it to readjust. One should taper off of large doses gradually. Linus ing believed in the "rebound scurvy" effect. He said you'd be more susceptible to colds if you skipped even a day (if you took the large doses). Interestingly, the JAMA article

says it is a myth. Personal viewpoint: Some vitamin C critics' personalities remind me a little of me before i starting taking normal Earth animal size doses of ascorbic acid powder (16 grams/day in 4 glasses of grape or orange juice spaced apart). My yearly physicals don't show any change in metals. Cholesterol from 210 to 160. Stress level plummeted. I still get a cold once a year, but my nose never gets stuffy. I used to always have to have kleenex boxes in places like my car, desk drawer, den, and bedroom, but now I never need them. There is also a surprising "high" I get. I can't compare it to anything - it just makes me feel better. It lasts at least an hour and often up to 2 hours, right in-line with figure 3 in the JAMA article. It's probably above 400 umol/L in plasma that causes the high feeling (in me, not necessarily others). It's sort

of like pressure in my head is reduced. I feel like the relief in stress relaxes me. The high feeling is stronger when it's been awhile since the last dose. I take the large doses because it makes me feel better, not because it's good for my health. I'll notice I'm not feeling good and say "hmmmm, 4 grams sure would hit the spot right now." Even if I don't have juice available, I'll put the powder ascorbic acid in water and bear the bitterness. By the way, the pH is less than coke even at 10 grams per glass of water. (Additional Comment by Saul, PhD:) Discount stores and even health food stores have deals on vitamin C. In Rochester, NY (and other cities, surely) there's a health food store selling ascorbic acid crystals for about $16 a pound. My son and my daughter (vitamin C megadosers since infancy; all the way into college and not one dose of any antibiotic... I'll put the wallet full of pictures away now; pardon me)

found vitamin C at a chain nutrition store for just over two cents a gram, in tablets. Is that ever cheaper than (the new, costly and side-effect-ridden antibiotic) "Cipro"! During illness, even more frequent doses are indicated (sources below for those interested.) Hourly "C" is not at all too often during the 'flu. Mr. ' experience with vitamin C so closely parallels my own that I'll just conclude with a "right on." More information at http://www.vitamincfoundation.org http://www.cforyourself.com http://www.orthomed.com http://www.orthomed.org

New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

Guest guest

the RDA is only the bare minimum to keep from getting deficient enough to cause scurvy,, its certainly NOT enough to provide better health tho,,Hillbilly Tim <knoxweb1@...> wrote: The authors do not seemed bothered or amazed that their claims indicate humans need 10 to 100 times less vitamin C than almost every other animal on the planet (adjusted for body-weight). Gorillas get 20 to 40 times as much in their diet and the RDA-equivalent for monkeys is also about 20 to 40 times higher than the authors are recommending for humans. Why is the RDA set so low for humans and so high for monkeys? The authors do not give any physiological explanation for why they believe humans are so unique among the animal kingdom as to find relatively small doses (1 g/d) of vitamin C

"toxic". This size dose has never resulted in a human suffering an adverse health effect (other than those who are sensitive to it have temporary diarrhea). The article discusses increased iron absorption and oxalate production, but no case of a human being harmed is reported. The article's suggested "toxic" level for humans is approximately the bare minimum needed by all other animals. Other large mammals sacrifice 2% to 4% of their daily food energy to make vitamin C in concentrations 10 to 20 times higher than what the article considers "toxic", showing that not only is it not toxic, but it's more important than having a little extra food! TITLE: Vitamin C supplementation and common cold symptoms: factors affecting the magnitude of the benefit. AUTHORS: Hemila H AUTHOR AFFILIATION: Department of Public Health, University of Helsinki, Finland. Med Hypotheses 1999 Feb;52(2):171-8 CITATION IDS: PMID:

10340298 UI: 99271657 ABSTRACT: Placebo-controlled trials have shown that vitamin C supplementation decreases the duration and severity of common cold infections. However, the magnitude of the benefit has substantially varied, hampering conclusions about the clinical significance of the vitamin. In this paper, 23 studies with regular vitamin C supplementation (> or = 1 g/day) were analyzed to find out factors that may explain some part of the variation in the results. It was found that on average, vitamin C produces greater benefit for children than for adults. The dose may also affect the magnitude of the benefit, there being on average greater benefit from > or = 2 g/day compared to 1 g/day of the vitamin. In five studies with adults administered 1g/day of vitamin C, the median decrease in cold duration was only 6%, whereas in two studies with children administered 2 g/day the median decrease was four times higher, 26%. The trials analyzed in this work used regular vitamin C

supplementation, but it is conceivable that therapeutic supplementation starting early at the onset of the cold episode could produce comparable benefits. Since few trials have examined the effects of therapeutic supplementation and their results have been variable, further therapeutic trials are required to examine the role of vitamin C in the treatment of colds. Some writers have claimed that excess vit c is excreted immediately. Taking 5 hours for blood concentration of vit C to drop to levels that are still 2 times higher than normal steady state levels is not what I'd call "immediate" excretion. At two hours after the dose, vit C concentration is almost 4 times steady state levels. This data is for 1250 mg. For the proof of my statements, see figure 3 in the reference and paragraph 2 of page 1418 in the PDF file. If someone is taking large doses of V-C they should not

just stop.The body has altered its absorption rate and it takes a while for it to readjust. One should taper off of large doses gradually. Linus ing believed in the "rebound scurvy" effect. He said you'd be more susceptible to colds if you skipped even a day (if you took the large doses). Interestingly, the JAMA article says it is a myth. Personal viewpoint: Some vitamin C critics' personalities remind me a little of me before i starting taking normal Earth animal size doses of ascorbic acid powder (16 grams/day in 4 glasses of grape or orange juice spaced apart). My yearly physicals don't show any change in metals. Cholesterol from 210 to 160. Stress level plummeted. I still get a cold once a year, but my nose never gets stuffy. I used to always have to have kleenex boxes in places like my car, desk drawer, den, and bedroom, but now I never need them. There is also a surprising "high" I get. I can't compare it to anything - it just makes me feel better. It lasts at least an hour and often up to 2 hours, right in-line with figure 3 in the JAMA article. It's probably above 400 umol/L in plasma that causes the high feeling (in me, not necessarily others). It's sort of like pressure in my head is reduced. I feel like the relief in stress relaxes me. The high feeling is stronger when it's been awhile since the last dose. I take the large doses because it makes me feel better, not because it's good for my health. I'll notice I'm not feeling good and say "hmmmm, 4 grams sure would hit the spot right now." Even if I don't have juice available, I'll put the powder ascorbic acid in water and bear the bitterness. By the way, the pH is less than coke even at 10 grams per glass of water. (Additional Comment by Saul, PhD:) Discount stores and even health food stores

have deals on vitamin C. In Rochester, NY (and other cities, surely) there's a health food store selling ascorbic acid crystals for about $16 a pound. My son and my daughter (vitamin C megadosers since infancy; all the way into college and not one dose of any antibiotic... I'll put the wallet full of pictures away now; pardon me) found vitamin C at a chain nutrition store for just over two cents a gram, in tablets. Is that ever cheaper than (the new, costly and side-effect-ridden antibiotic) "Cipro"! During illness, even more frequent doses are indicated (sources below for those interested.) Hourly "C" is not at all too often during the 'flu. Mr. ' experience with vitamin C so closely parallels my own that I'll just conclude with a "right on." More information at http://www.vitamincfoundation.org http://www.cforyourself.com http://www.orthomed.com http://www.orthomed.org New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big. Jackie

Guest guest

Hi :

I am interested in the sites you mentioned but couldn't find the

addresses in your post. Would you mind posting them please? They

sound really cool and I think my son might enjoy the games.

Thanks

Trish

(in Illinois

mom to Noel age 15)

>

> I was in at my son 's school on Friday.

> The teacher was showing us some of the sites they use for

different things and i thought that some might find them interesting.

(i did ask about things for , since some of the suggestions the

ot made for fine motor movement i felt weren't really age appropriate)

> The 1st one is orisnal. This one gives you loads of games to play.

I did the one about the teddy bears sliding down the pole - a bit

silly, but good fun.

> The 2nd is plastilina. This has got logic games on it - some

arefree, some you have to pay. They do have diff free ones from time

to time, so you can vary.

> The 3rd - if you type in music science, you'll get to a site called

the science of music. There are activities you can do - one is the

dot mixer. You put the dots on the thing and you here different

sounds, change the colours of the dots, diff sounds. They also give

you interesting bits about music and singing and so on.

>

> Actually, they're good sites for everybody, but since it was a

teacher at a spec ed school who recommended them - and i know peter

has used them, i thought I'd pass them on.

>

> No virus found in this outgoing message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.1/292 - Release Date:

24/03/2006

>

Guest guest

I know Dr. Candless (DAN doctor and author of Children with Starving

Brains) does thyroid testing on all her autistic patients as one of

the first tests. I can't remember but I think something like 40% of

her patients have some type of thyroid issues. I haven't checked

into this too much since my son's tests came back normal.

>

> I'm just wondering if anybody has experience of this.

> has an undiagnosed genetic abnormality as well as the

autistic behaviour.

> Before Christmas, we noticed that he had, what the doctor called -

an intention tremor.

> Basically when he tries to do some fine motor stuff his hand shakes.

> Our GP referred us to the neurologist. As luck would have it, not

the pead one, but since he's now 16, the adult one. (kind of mixed

blessing - at least we didn't get bogged down by other peoples

attitudes of us!)

> Luckily, living in Glasgow we have the Institute of Neurological

Sciences, which is good and both my hubbie and i have had experience

of being treated there.

> One of the things that the consultant wanted to do was a thyroid

screen. He said it might have been done before (i don't think it has,

but nothing would surprise me).

> He thought that possibly the tremor, the lethargy - which now that

i think about it, I've noticed more over the past year, but was

putting down to a typical teenage boy wanting to stay in bed.

> Can anybody give me suggestions - do a lot of kids with chromo

disorders have the thyroid issue? IS it part of a known syndrome?

> Have any of the families with autie kids/adults noticed this ?

> Was it part of a bigger picture, or is it something the docs

thought " would have happened anyway " ?

>

> I have to admit the neurologist was good. He admitted to not being

an expert in " syndromes " , didn't want to go down that road at the

moment and thought it was best left to those who were expert at

putting signs together and coming up with something.

>

> Any ides/suggestions/comments?

> THanks

>

> No virus found in this outgoing message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.3/295 - Release Date:

28/03/2006

>

Guest guest

my son was diagnosed with autism about 4 months ago. his overall delays were so much that at 2 and 1/2 he was functioning at about the level of an 8 month old. From what you describe, it sounds very much like your daughter may be somewhere on the autism spectrum. start out by going to your daughters doctor/pediatrician. they should refer you to a developmental pediatrician, as well as to a therapy clinic for evaluations by a speech therapist, occupational therapist, developmental therapist, and possibly a physical therapist( if you are concerned about muscle tone). also your doctor should be able to tell you about your state's early intervention services. In Indiana it is called First Steps. These services are often home based, where a team of evaluators come to your home, and basically play with your child to determine what kind of services you may be eligable for. Don't delay in getting a referal to a developmental pediatrician-it took us 4

months to get in for an appointment! If you have any more questions, feel free to e-mail me - branzilla@... good luck!callingthecrows <callingthecrows@...> wrote: I am new here and looking for some advice. My daughter is 2 and hasbeen recieving therapy for sensory integration, speech delays andmotor issues. She is starting to talk, but has frequent long fits andis very difficult to calm down. She repeats one word over and over andif I do not understand it she will have a melt down. She also seems tolike to bang her head and run into things. She will hit them hardenough to bruise and doesnt seem phased by it. She is registering a6-8 month delay in most areas. Recently her OT has been commentingthat we might want to have her evaluated for

autism. I wasnt sure howI go about this, my fear is that she will either be wrongly diagnosedwith it, or wrongly diagnosed that she doesn't have it. I guess I am just trying to see if this sounds like we might bedealing with autism and looking for any advice or tips. I am findingit so hard dealing with her daily, she requires so much attention.thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Robin,

That is hard when they don't understand. I have heard on the list that

social stories work well sometimes with our kids. Even though is

older, maybe you could write a sentence on each page of a notebook and

include a picture from a magazine or internet or you draw one that shows

what is going on. Or you could take a picture of her getting ready for

work, getting in the car to go to work, etc. and show her this is what she

is going to do. Also one, about moving to be close to aunt and

grandmother...maybe include pictures of them. Some of the mom's who have

done this can give you some more specific ideas.

Good luck! :)

Kym...mom to 5 including (ds)

Guest guest

hello lisa and welcome to the group. i joined because i have three children and my six year old son has cystic fibrosis and asthma. we currently are going through a lot of heart ache due to his disease. i joined just looking for people to talk to. and i have found a ton of support in this group. i do not have experience with what you are going through. but it sounds to me like maybe you deserve a second opinion. i have dealt with many drs and one thing i know is that if your dr doesn't listen to you or you are not one hundred percent comfortable with what they are telling you it is time to see someone else. good luck with everything and keep us posted. evelyn <lisasvagr@...> wrote: Hello,My name is , and I am new to the group. I used to be a nanny, and I am a single

parent of a three year old.I came to the group because I have been suffering with vertigo for almost three years now, and the doctors have finally gotten around to diagnosing it. It seems I have something called positional vertigo as well as Meniere's disease, and migraine related vertigo.(Most of the rest of this post is a bit of a rant. I am really just looking for someone who has been through something similar, and that might be able to offer some advice.)I really feel that this should have been determined awhile ago, but my doctors never seemed to listen until it got so bad that I stopped having "good" days, and could hardly walk when I went in for a check-up. To top it off, my ENT decided that I am not safe to work with Children due to my condition. That is the only field that I am qualified to work in at the moment. He called a social worker for me to get SSI, and dissability started for

me. So I quit my job where I can take my three year old with me and they were aware of my condition and allowed me time off when needed.I went through all the necessary channels to get temporary hellp from the state until I can get the SSI to kick in. I had to sit in Social services for three hours while I got lectured on the importance of working and was told that Dissability will take two years so I should give up and go back to work. ( doesn't seem to matter that I have absolutely no balance most days.)So I took my paperwork to my ENT to get him to sign that I am unable to work, ans he decides that me not working will only allow me to sit at home and focus on my condition. He is suddenly convinced that he can "cure" me within three months, and only signed off for me a three month period, after I told him that there was no way that a job was going to hire me under these conditions, and going on job search for

the state means that my daughter has to go to day care which I have no money for, and the state doesn't provide. I also have to drive every day whether I am dizzy or not because unless he says I am incapaple the state demands certain things. He perscribed high blood pressure medication for the menier's disease. I typically have low blood pressure so God only knows how I will react to that. I was so desperate to relieve the symptoms yesturday that I went ahead an filled the prescrition only to find out that the medication has a sulfa base, and I am allergic to sulfa. I can't help but feel that this man is an idiot!!! I have my interview tomorrow for SSI, and disability. He told me to go through with it even though I won't get it because he is only releasing me from work for three months. You must be out for at least a year before you qualify.If anyone has any advice on any of this I would really

appreciate it. Thanks so much for letting me get all of this off of my chest.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please

visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe This group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one on this group is qualified to diagnose medical conditions. If you feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified physician.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

Hello

It's probably worth while to go through with the SSI interview since

when and if it does get approved, the remuneration is retroactive so

the earlier that you start a paper trail, the better.

I've always found it amazing how difficult it is for people who do

need help to get help, essentially the fear of a few bad apples

working the system results in the assistance not getting to those who

need it the most.

Regards,

On Apr 23, 2006, at 8:31 AM, wrote:

> Hello,

> My name is , and I am new to the group. I used to be a nanny,

> and I am a single parent of a three year old.

>

> I came to the group because I have been suffering with vertigo for

> almost three years now, and the doctors have finally gotten around

> to diagnosing it. It seems I have something called positional

> vertigo as well as Meniere's disease, and migraine related vertigo.

>

> (Most of the rest of this post is a bit of a rant. I am really just

> looking for someone who has been through something similar, and that

> might be able to offer some advice.)

>

>

> I really feel that this should have been determined awhile ago, but

> my doctors never seemed to listen until it got so bad that I stopped

> having " good " days, and could hardly walk when I went in for a check-

> up.

>

> To top it off, my ENT decided that I am not safe to work with

> Children due to my condition. That is the only field that I am

> qualified to work in at the moment. He called a social worker for

> me to get SSI, and dissability started for me. So I quit my job

> where I can take my three year old with me and they were aware of my

> condition and allowed me time off when needed.

> I went through all the necessary channels to get temporary hellp

> from the state until I can get the SSI to kick in. I had to sit in

> Social services for three hours while I got lectured on the

> importance of working and was told that Dissability will take two

> years so I should give up and go back to work. ( doesn't seem to

> matter that I have absolutely no balance most days.)

> So I took my paperwork to my ENT to get him to sign that I am unable

> to work, ans he decides that me not working will only allow me to

> sit at home and focus on my condition. He is suddenly convinced

> that he can " cure " me within three months, and only signed off for

> me a three month period, after I told him that there was no way that

> a job was going to hire me under these conditions, and going on job

> search for the state means that my daughter has to go to day care

> which I have no money for, and the state doesn't provide. I also

> have to drive every day whether I am dizzy or not because unless he

> says I am incapaple the state demands certain things.

>

> He perscribed high blood pressure medication for the menier's

> disease. I typically have low blood pressure so God only knows how

> I will react to that. I was so desperate to relieve the symptoms

> yesturday that I went ahead an filled the prescrition only to find

> out that the medication has a sulfa base, and I am allergic to

> sulfa.

>

> I can't help but feel that this man is an idiot!!! I have my

> interview tomorrow for SSI, and disability. He told me to go

> through with it even though I won't get it because he is only

> releasing me from work for three months. You must be out for at

> least a year before you qualify.

>

>

> If anyone has any advice on any of this I would really appreciate

> it.

>

> Thanks so much for letting me get all of this off of my chest.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

> The Being Sick Community

>

>

> Message Archives-/messages

>

> Chat:- Scheduled Chats at

> /chat

>

> Bookmarks:-

> Add a website URL you have found useful.

> /links

>

> Personal Complaints or problems:-

> Please contact a moderator

> email: -owner

>

> Subscription Details:-

> 1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you

> receive.

> 2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you

> to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.

> 3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at

> your convenience and receive no email.

>

> To modify your subscription settings please visit:-

> /join

>

> To subscribe or unsubscribe please email:-

> -subscribe

> -unsubscribe

>

> This group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one

> on this group is qualified to diagnose medical conditions. If you

> feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified

> physician.

> When nothing is sure, everything is possible.

>

> --- Margaret Drabble

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi ! Welcome to the group. My neice has been diagnosed with Meniere's and I know that she did find it very frustrating. Try to go through the Rehab Commission with your State. They paid for her some equipment that she needed. Not sure, but they even may provide you with day care. But, you need to say that you want to return to work when possible.They will also help pay for schooling and other things that can lead to re-training for a position for someone with Meniere's. And, as I wrote to another member the other day, the average person experiences 6 denials from Social Security before receiving it. See is your city has a sliding scale or no cost legal-aid agency that will provide you representation for your Social Security. That will help you and you are less likely to get many denials. Hope this helps! And you are in my thoughts! Deborah <lisasvagr@...> wrote: Hello,My name is , and I am new to the group. I used to be a nanny, and I am a single parent of a three year old.I came to the group because I have been suffering with vertigo for almost three years now, and the doctors have finally gotten around to diagnosing it. It seems I have something called positional vertigo as well as Meniere's disease, and migraine related vertigo.(Most of the rest of this post is a bit of a rant. I am really just looking for someone who has been through something similar, and that might be able to offer some advice.)I really feel that this should have been determined awhile ago, but my doctors never seemed to listen until it got so bad that I stopped having "good" days, and could hardly walk when I went in for a check-up. To top it off, my ENT decided that I am not safe to work

with Children due to my condition. That is the only field that I am qualified to work in at the moment. He called a social worker for me to get SSI, and dissability started for me. So I quit my job where I can take my three year old with me and they were aware of my condition and allowed me time off when needed.I went through all the necessary channels to get temporary hellp from the state until I can get the SSI to kick in. I had to sit in Social services for three hours while I got lectured on the importance of working and was told that Dissability will take two years so I should give up and go back to work. ( doesn't seem to matter that I have absolutely no balance most days.)So I took my paperwork to my ENT to get him to sign that I am unable to work, ans he decides that me not working will only allow me to sit at home and focus on my condition. He is suddenly convinced that he can "cure" me within three

months, and only signed off for me a three month period, after I told him that there was no way that a job was going to hire me under these conditions, and going on job search for the state means that my daughter has to go to day care which I have no money for, and the state doesn't provide. I also have to drive every day whether I am dizzy or not because unless he says I am incapaple the state demands certain things. He perscribed high blood pressure medication for the menier's disease. I typically have low blood pressure so God only knows how I will react to that. I was so desperate to relieve the symptoms yesturday that I went ahead an filled the prescrition only to find out that the medication has a sulfa base, and I am allergic to sulfa. I can't help but feel that this man is an idiot!!! I have my interview tomorrow for SSI, and disability. He told me to go through with it even though I won't get it

because he is only releasing me from work for three months. You must be out for at least a year before you qualify.If anyone has any advice on any of this I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much for letting me get all of this off of my chest.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option

if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe This group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one on this group is qualified to diagnose medical conditions. If you feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified physician.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

Sounds like you need an attorney. Contact your local legal aid society. They should beable to help you with a free attorney. SueDEBORAH TOME <d.tome@...> wrote: Hi ! Welcome to the group. My niece has been diagnosed with Meniere's and I know that she did find it very frustrating. Try to go through the Rehab Commission with your State. They paid for her some equipment that she needed. Not sure, but they even may provide you with day care. But, you need to say that you want to return to work when possible.They will also help pay for schooling and other things that can lead to re-training for a position for someone with Meniere's. And, as I wrote to another member the other day, the average person experiences 6 denials from Social Security before receiving it. See is your city

has a sliding scale or no cost legal-aid agency that will provide you representation for your Social Security. That will help you and you are less likely to get many denials. Hope this helps! And you are in my thoughts! Deborah <lisasvagr@...> wrote: Hello,My name is , and I am new to the group. I used to be a nanny, and I am a single parent of a three year old.I came to the group because I have been suffering with vertigo for almost three years now, and the doctors have finally gotten around to diagnosing it. It seems I have something called positional vertigo as well as Meniere's disease, and migraine related vertigo.(Most of the rest of this post is a bit of a rant. I am really just looking for someone who has been through something similar, and that might be able to

offer some advice.)I really feel that this should have been determined awhile ago, but my doctors never seemed to listen until it got so bad that I stopped having "good" days, and could hardly walk when I went in for a check-up. To top it off, my ENT decided that I am not safe to work with Children due to my condition. That is the only field that I am qualified to work in at the moment. He called a social worker for me to get SSI, and dissability started for me. So I quit my job where I can take my three year old with me and they were aware of my condition and allowed me time off when needed.I went through all the necessary channels to get temporary hellp from the state until I can get the SSI to kick in. I had to sit in Social services for three hours while I got lectured on the importance of working and was told that Dissability will take two years so I should give up and go back to work. ( doesn't

seem to matter that I have absolutely no balance most days.)So I took my paperwork to my ENT to get him to sign that I am unable to work, ans he decides that me not working will only allow me to sit at home and focus on my condition. He is suddenly convinced that he can "cure" me within three months, and only signed off for me a three month period, after I told him that there was no way that a job was going to hire me under these conditions, and going on job search for the state means that my daughter has to go to day care which I have no money for, and the state doesn't provide. I also have to drive every day whether I am dizzy or not because unless he says I am incapaple the state demands certain things. He perscribed high blood pressure medication for the menier's disease. I typically have low blood pressure so God only knows how I will react to that. I was so desperate to relieve the symptoms yesturday

that I went ahead an filled the prescrition only to find out that the medication has a sulfa base, and I am allergic to sulfa. I can't help but feel that this man is an idiot!!! I have my interview tomorrow for SSI, and disability. He told me to go through with it even though I won't get it because he is only releasing me from work for three months. You must be out for at least a year before you qualify.If anyone has any advice on any of this I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much for letting me get all of this off of my chest.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Being Sick CommunityMessage Archives-/messagesChat:- Scheduled Chats at /chatBookmarks:-Add a website URL you have found useful./linksPersonal

Complaints or problems:-Please contact a moderator email: -owner Subscription Details:-1) Individual email - means that every email sent to the list you receive.2) Daily Digest - sends you 25 messages in one single email for you to browse. This is an excellent option if you receive alot of email.3) Web only/No mail - means that you can pop into groups at your convenience and receive no email.To modify your subscription settings please visit:- /joinTo subscribe or unsubscribe please email:--subscribe -unsubscribe This group is not intended to diagnose or treat illnesses. No one on this group is qualified to diagnose medical conditions. If you feel you need medical attention, seek the advice of a qualified physician.~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~When nothing is sure, everything is

possible.--- Margaret Drabble~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~

Guest guest

Eva, Yes, my son was VERY into , and all his friends. He knew all the names of all the others trains, and the helicopter, as well as all the storylines,too. He eventually found other things that interested him. I have found that it is not uncommon at all for AS aand HFA kids to be extrordinarily informed on things they are interested in. Some would even say obsessive. Take heart, and try not to let it aggravate you too much. Joy joesconcernedmum <joesconcernedmum@...> wrote: Hi,thanks to all of you who answered my post about the differences between AS and HFA. Your answers have been very informative and have shown that there is quite a grey area still

when it comes to diagnosis.Is anyone else's child into the Tank Engine? I'm so over !I was wondering, could anyone direct me to any good (free) computer sites for kids? Something a bit challenging but not too challenging?!Thanks all,Eva

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

My son and daughter were big fans. They have moved on to other things which I like much less. Some of the links here may be what you are looking for. Educational sites activities for our kids Sites that have on-line, printable, or downloadable activities with an educational flare to keep our kids learning and busy ADHD_DrugFree/links/Educational_sites_ac_001083993603/ Pennyjoesconcernedmum <joesconcernedmum@...> wrote: Is anyone else's child into the Tank Engine? I'm so over !I was wondering, could anyone direct me to any good (free) computer sites for kids? Something a bit challenging but not too challenging?!Thanks all,EvaPenny --- smadaynnep@...

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

Oh, boy - THOMAS!!

is 16 and still likes it!!

But we're working on it.

I'm just a bit worried we replace one obsession with another!

hello

Hi,thanks to all of you who answered my post about the differences between AS and HFA. Your answers have been very informative and have shown that there is quite a grey area still when it comes to diagnosis.Is anyone else's child into the Tank Engine? I'm so over !I was wondering, could anyone direct me to any good (free) computer sites for kids? Something a bit challenging but not too challenging?!Thanks all,Eva

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.5.0/325 - Release Date: 26/04/2006

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.5.0/325 - Release Date: 26/04/2006