RemedySpot.com

Thank you

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

>Thanks so much Stacie. You sound like your plate is pretty full too! I think if

I knew there was an " answer " or a way to make things better, and decrease the

behaviors...and understand the behaviors...it would be easier to stay positive

and focused on moving forward. But it really just feels like we are treading

water, and getting tired really fast! I am also frustrated and jealous (as

childish as that probably is) that my husband does not have quite the same

issues with him. My son listens much better to him and barely shows any of the

aggressive behaviors towards him. Because he seems to " choose " who he presents

these behaviors to (at school too, some of the aides get it and others not as

much), it makes me wonder how much of it is just plain stubborness, and meds

wont make much of a difference. But because he is so developmentally delayed,

mentally probably around age 3, its hard to know the right way to deal with it.

And what would work with my 3 other children doesnt work at all with him.

Take care, Tara

> Tara,

> I feel for you. I really do, and alot of what you said, I have been there

> too, alot. I know, believe me. There are days when I think how can I go

> on another day? I just dont know how I am going to do this. But, I do, as

> hard as it is. I have 3 kids. Lexie is 13 and NT, is 10 and HF

> Autism SID and a tic disorder and who is 6 has LF Autism, a seizure

> disorder, moderate MR, SID, Visual processing disorder, mental age 18 mths-33

> mts across the board, OCD and ADHD which are the new diagnoses now. It is

> so hard. I am married and my husband works 2nd shift so I act as a single

> mom alot of the time. Take care and vent to all of us when you need to. It

> does help and we are all here for you.

> Stacie

>

>

> In a message dated 6/9/2009 7:26:32 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,

> strathcoach@... writes:

>

>

>

>

>

> >As I read these posts I have tears in my eyes. I am new to the group and

> this is the first time I have posted. It is SO good (unfortunately) to hear

> that others are dealing with and feeling the same things as me. My son is

> 8. He is basically " undiagnosed " As I read these posts I have tears in my

> eyes. I am new to the group and this is the first time I have posted. It is

SO

> good (unfortunately) to hear that others are dealing with and feeling the

> same things as me. My son is 8. He is basically " undiagnosed " <WBR>, except

> for severe global delay, and As I read these posts I have tears in my eyes.

> I am new to the group and this is the first time I have posted. It is SO

> same things as me. My son is 8. He is basically " undiagnosed " <WBR>, except

> for severe global delay, and microcephaly. He has many autistic tendencies,

> including self injury, and I am starting to question bipolar as well. He has

> had intervention since he was around 1 yr old (he was 3 lbs 6 oz at birth,

> and almost full term, so a red flag was put up immediately)<WBR>. His

> behaviors have been the main issue since he was about 2. We tried many

> different meds in the beginning, most that had opposite effects than what

they

> should have. So as a result of this he ended up on risperdal, and has been on

> it since he was about 3. He was on a fairly high dose, especially for his

> age. For a long time he was on 0.75 mg twice a day. At a point he was also on

> clonidine (bad idea...caused other issues) and also topomax (originally

> for behavior, then upped because of suspected seizures...which turned out not

> to exist). After a stay in the hospital for a stomach flu, where he

> basically stopped eating for a few days, and therefor didnt get his meds (we

hide

> it in his food) we ended up taking him off the clonidine and topomax, and

> lowering his risperdal. We tried taking him off that too, but just couldnt

> deal with him. For the last year and a half or so, he has been on .5 mg

> twice a day. He has gained a lot of weight. He is quite a little " chunkboy " ,

> especially compared to his 3 siblings. Because of this and other unknown

> side effects for being on risperdal for so long and starting at such a young

> age, we have been weaning him off, with the plan to keep him unmedicated for

> a while to see who he really is without meds....that REALLY stresses me!

> He is now down to a 1/4 tablet morning and night. To be honest, I really

> dont know if we've seen a huge difference as the meds decrease. He has always

> had up and down, a lmost cyclical behavior, although we cant pinpoint what

> changes to change behaviors (this is why i am questioning bipolar). He is

> very impulsive, aggressive (however, mostly to me, and a couple of his

> aides...not as much to his dad) and VERY STUBBORN. I am at my witts end. (to

put

> it bluntly). There are days I just dont know how much longer I can live

> with this...but then again, do I really have any other option? My husband and

> I separated for about 9 mths. The stress was just overwhelming. We got

> back together in November, but since then seemed to have gone back to the

same

> point we were. The stress just seems to take over. I'm at a loss. We have

> 3 other children, aged 18, 15, and 7. They, of course, have been affected

> hugely by our 8 yr old. We dont even seem like a family...just an existing

> unit...because all the energy and focus seems to go to our son (I'm sure

> many of you

>

> I'm sorry to drag on so long! Theres so much more I could say! But it does

> feel good to let it out to someone! I have made an appt for a couple of

> weeks for a counsellor to try to get some perspective, which I have done a

> long time ago, but not for a consistent enough time. Thanks for sharing,

> everyone. Its something I really needed

>

> Tara

>

>

>

>

>

> **************Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop: Now in 6 vibrant colors! Shop Dell’s

> full line of laptops.

>

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222008777x1201444407/aol?redir=http:%2\

F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215566094%3B3786435

> 8%3Bv)

>

Guest guest

Tara - it's me chirping in I know how you feel. My son who is now 11 has these rages that are directed at me and only me. He does not show any of these behaviors towards my husband so he thinks I am doing something to instigate them which I am not.

He had a rage the other day that I didn't know what to do about. He tore his room apart, it is still a mess. I am not cleaning it up myself he is going to help.

When Dan was 3 he required deep deep pressure to every part of his body - he needed it so much that we bought him a proreoceptive (sp) bear hug from Southpaw. Man did it help once we wrestled him into it he calmed down immediately. It was like night and day - if I still had it I would send it to you - maybe it would help maybe not.

Have you tried the brushing? Sometimes at the younger age they crave this, I am not sure in your situation but the bear hug worked in ours - to this day when he is really really upset he likes us to lay on him for the deep pressure - we of course hold off most of our weight but we do get close and hug him as deep as we can - and he becomes a different person.

Sharon

From: momtojcjj <strathcoach@...>Subject: Re: Thank youautism Date: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 4:05 PM

>Thanks so much Stacie. You sound like your plate is pretty full too! I think if I knew there was an "answer" or a way to make things better, and decrease the behaviors... and understand the behaviors... it would be easier to stay positive and focused on moving forward. But it really just feels like we are treading water, and getting tired really fast! I am also frustrated and jealous (as childish as that probably is) that my husband does not have quite the same issues with him. My son listens much better to him and barely shows any of the aggressive behaviors towards him. Because he seems to "choose" who he presents these behaviors to (at school too, some of the aides get it and others not as

much), it makes me wonder how much of it is just plain stubborness, and meds wont make much of a difference. But because he is so developmentally delayed, mentally probably around age 3, its hard to know the right way to deal with it. And what would work with my 3 other children doesnt work at all with him. Take care, Tara> Tara,> I feel for you. I really do, and alot of what you said, I have been there > too, alot. I know, believe me. There are days when I think how can I go > on another day? I just dont know how I am going to do this. But, I do, as > hard as it is. I have 3 kids. Lexie is 13 and NT, is 10 and HF > Autism SID and a tic disorder and who is 6 has LF Autism, a seizure > disorder, moderate MR, SID, Visual processing disorder, mental age 18 mths-33 > mts across the board, OCD and ADHD which are the new diagnoses now. It is > so hard. I am married and my

husband works 2nd shift so I act as a single > mom alot of the time. Take care and vent to all of us when you need to. It > does help and we are all here for you.> Stacie> > > In a message dated 6/9/2009 7:26:32 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time, > strathcoach@ ... writes:> > > > > > >As I read these posts I have tears in my eyes. I am new to the group and > this is the first time I have posted. It is SO good (unfortunately) to hear > that others are dealing with and feeling the same things as me. My son is > 8. He is basically "undiagnosed" As I read these posts I have tears in my > eyes. I am new to the group and this is the first time I have posted. It is SO > good (unfortunately) to hear that others are dealing with and feeling the > same things as me. My son is 8. He is basically "undiagnosed" <WBR>, except

> for severe global delay, and As I read these posts I have tears in my eyes. > I am new to the group and this is the first time I have posted. It is SO > good (unfortunately) to hear that others are dealing with and feeling the > same things as me. My son is 8. He is basically "undiagnosed" <WBR>, except > for severe global delay, and microcephaly. He has many autistic tendencies, > including self injury, and I am starting to question bipolar as well. He has > had intervention since he was around 1 yr old (he was 3 lbs 6 oz at birth, > and almost full term, so a red flag was put up immediately) <WBR>. His > behaviors have been the main issue since he was about 2. We tried many > different meds in the beginning, most that had opposite effects than what they > should have. So as a result of this he ended up on risperdal, and has been on > it since he was about

3. He was on a fairly high dose, especially for his > age. For a long time he was on 0.75 mg twice a day. At a point he was also on > clonidine (bad idea...caused other issues) and also topomax (originally > for behavior, then upped because of suspected seizures...which turned out not > to exist). After a stay in the hospital for a stomach flu, where he > basically stopped eating for a few days, and therefor didnt get his meds (we hide > it in his food) we ended up taking him off the clonidine and topomax, and > lowering his risperdal. We tried taking him off that too, but just couldnt > deal with him. For the last year and a half or so, he has been on .5 mg > twice a day. He has gained a lot of weight. He is quite a little "chunkboy", > especially compared to his 3 siblings. Because of this and other unknown > side effects for being on risperdal for so long and starting at

such a young > age, we have been weaning him off, with the plan to keep him unmedicated for > a while to see who he really is without meds....that REALLY stresses me! > He is now down to a 1/4 tablet morning and night. To be honest, I really > dont know if we've seen a huge difference as the meds decrease. He has always > had up and down, a lmost cyclical behavior, although we cant pinpoint what > changes to change behaviors (this is why i am questioning bipolar). He is > very impulsive, aggressive (however, mostly to me, and a couple of his > aides...not as much to his dad) and VERY STUBBORN. I am at my witts end. (to put > it bluntly). There are days I just dont know how much longer I can live > with this...but then again, do I really have any other option? My husband and > I separated for about 9 mths. The stress was just overwhelming. We got > back together in

November, but since then seemed to have gone back to the same > point we were. The stress just seems to take over. I'm at a loss. We have > 3 other children, aged 18, 15, and 7. They, of course, have been affected > hugely by our 8 yr old. We dont even seem like a family...just an existing > unit...because all the energy and focus seems to go to our son (I'm sure > many of you > > I'm sorry to drag on so long! Theres so much more I could say! But it does > feel good to let it out to someone! I have made an appt for a couple of > weeks for a counsellor to try to get some perspective, which I have done a > long time ago, but not for a consistent enough time. Thanks for sharing, > everyone. Its something I really needed> > Tara> > > > > > ************ **Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop: Now in 6 vibrant colors! Shop Dell’s

> full line of laptops. > (http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 100126575x122200 8777x1201444407/ aol?redir= http:%2F% 2Fad.doubleclick .net%2Fclk% 3B215566094% 3B3786435> 8%3Bv)>

Guest guest

Sharon this is great advice and I NEED the bear hug -- I'm on my way now to southpaw's website! :) Also Tara, I'm chirping too...we do the brushing on , as well as astronaut training on the spinning board...we go back and forth...starting with the spin board, and then right into brushing and finish with deep pressure...Even though I don't have one your age, I guess I did have a little help to offer lol

Also when is frustrated and bumping/slamming into me...we go to the other room where he has what we call "crash pads" --- They are bean bags and pillows, and he is "allowed" to crash there...but again is still a toddler, so if my help sounds dorky :) know that I'm speaking for a 31 month child :)

e

(for not for me...although come to think of it I may need it too) :)

From: Sharon <kmusikmom2@...>autism Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:11:51 PMSubject: Re: Thank you

Tara - it's me chirping in I know how you feel. My son who is now 11 has these rages that are directed at me and only me. He does not show any of these behaviors towards my husband so he thinks I am doing something to instigate them which I am not.

He had a rage the other day that I didn't know what to do about.. He tore his room apart, it is still a mess. I am not cleaning it up myself he is going to help.

When Dan was 3 he required deep deep pressure to every part of his body - he needed it so much that we bought him a proreoceptive (sp) bear hug from Southpaw.. Man did it help once we wrestled him into it he calmed down immediately. It was like night and day - if I still had it I would send it to you - maybe it would help maybe not.

Have you tried the brushing? Sometimes at the younger age they crave this, I am not sure in your situation but the bear hug worked in ours - to this day when he is really really upset he likes us to lay on him for the deep pressure - we of course hold off most of our weight but we do get close and hug him as deep as we can - and he becomes a different person.

Sharon

From: momtojcjj <strathcoach@ hotmail.com>Subject: Re: Thank youAutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comDate: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 4:05 PM

>Thanks so much Stacie. You sound like your plate is pretty full too! I think if I knew there was an "answer" or a way to make things better, and decrease the behaviors... and understand the behaviors.... it would be easier to stay positive and focused on moving forward. But it really just feels like we are treading water, and getting tired really fast! I am also frustrated and jealous (as childish as that probably is) that my husband does not have quite the same issues with him. My son listens much better to him and barely shows any of the aggressive behaviors towards him. Because he seems to "choose" who he presents these behaviors to (at school too, some of the aides get it and others not as much), it makes me wonder how much of it is just plain

stubborness, and meds wont make much of a difference. But because he is so developmentally delayed, mentally probably around age 3, its hard to know the right way to deal with it. And what would work with my 3 other children doesnt work at all with him. Take care, Tara> Tara,> I feel for you. I really do, and alot of what you said, I have been there > too, alot. I know, believe me. There are days when I think how can I go > on another day? I just dont know how I am going to do this. But, I do, as > hard as it is. I have 3 kids. Lexie is 13 and NT, is 10 and HF > Autism SID and a tic disorder and who is 6 has LF Autism, a seizure > disorder, moderate MR, SID, Visual processing disorder, mental age 18 mths-33 > mts across the board, OCD and ADHD which are the new diagnoses now. It is > so hard. I am married and my husband works 2nd shift so I act as a single >

mom alot of the time. Take care and vent to all of us when you need to. It > does help and we are all here for you.> Stacie> > > In a message dated 6/9/2009 7:26:32 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time, > strathcoach@ ... writes:> > > > > > >As I read these posts I have tears in my eyes. I am new to the group and > this is the first time I have posted. It is SO good (unfortunately) to hear > that others are dealing with and feeling the same things as me. My son is > 8. He is basically "undiagnosed" As I read these posts I have tears in my > eyes. I am new to the group and this is the first time I have posted. It is SO > good (unfortunately) to hear that others are dealing with and feeling the > same things as me. My son is 8. He is basically "undiagnosed" <WBR>, except > for severe global delay, and As I read these posts I

have tears in my eyes. > I am new to the group and this is the first time I have posted. It is SO > good (unfortunately) to hear that others are dealing with and feeling the > same things as me. My son is 8. He is basically "undiagnosed" <WBR>, except > for severe global delay, and microcephaly. He has many autistic tendencies, > including self injury, and I am starting to question bipolar as well. He has > had intervention since he was around 1 yr old (he was 3 lbs 6 oz at birth, > and almost full term, so a red flag was put up immediately) <WBR>. His > behaviors have been the main issue since he was about 2. We tried many > different meds in the beginning, most that had opposite effects than what they > should have. So as a result of this he ended up on risperdal, and has been on > it since he was about 3. He was on a fairly high dose, especially for his >

age. For a long time he was on 0.75 mg twice a day. At a point he was also on > clonidine (bad idea...caused other issues) and also topomax (originally > for behavior, then upped because of suspected seizures....which turned out not > to exist). After a stay in the hospital for a stomach flu, where he > basically stopped eating for a few days, and therefor didnt get his meds (we hide > it in his food) we ended up taking him off the clonidine and topomax, and > lowering his risperdal. We tried taking him off that too, but just couldnt > deal with him. For the last year and a half or so, he has been on .5 mg > twice a day. He has gained a lot of weight. He is quite a little "chunkboy", > especially compared to his 3 siblings. Because of this and other unknown > side effects for being on risperdal for so long and starting at such a young > age, we have been weaning him off, with

the plan to keep him unmedicated for > a while to see who he really is without meds....that REALLY stresses me! > He is now down to a 1/4 tablet morning and night. To be honest, I really > dont know if we've seen a huge difference as the meds decrease. He has always > had up and down, a lmost cyclical behavior, although we cant pinpoint what > changes to change behaviors (this is why i am questioning bipolar). He is > very impulsive, aggressive (however, mostly to me, and a couple of his > aides...not as much to his dad) and VERY STUBBORN. I am at my witts end. (to put > it bluntly). There are days I just dont know how much longer I can live > with this...but then again, do I really have any other option? My husband and > I separated for about 9 mths. The stress was just overwhelming. We got > back together in November, but since then seemed to have gone back to the same

> point we were. The stress just seems to take over. I'm at a loss. We have > 3 other children, aged 18, 15, and 7. They, of course, have been affected > hugely by our 8 yr old. We dont even seem like a family...just an existing > unit...because all the energy and focus seems to go to our son (I'm sure > many of you > > I'm sorry to drag on so long! Theres so much more I could say! But it does > feel good to let it out to someone! I have made an appt for a couple of > weeks for a counsellor to try to get some perspective, which I have done a > long time ago, but not for a consistent enough time. Thanks for sharing, > everyone. Its something I really needed> > Tara> > > > > > ************ **Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop: Now in 6 vibrant colors! Shop Dell’s > full line of laptops. > (http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 100126575x122200 8777x1201444407/ aol?redir= http:%2F% 2Fad.doubleclick .net%2Fclk% 3B215566094% 3B3786435> 8%3Bv)>

Guest guest

Children tend to lash out at those with whom they feel the safest. Pat K

Re: Thank you

autism

Date: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 4:05 PM

>Thanks so much Stacie. You sound like your plate is pretty full too! I think if I knew there was an "answer" or a way to make things better, and decrease the behaviors... and understand the behaviors... it would be easier to stay positive and focused on moving forward. But it really just feels like we are treading water, and getting tired really fast! I am also frustrated and jealous (as childish as that probably is) that my husba

nd does not have quite the same issues with him. My son listens much better to him and barely shows any of the aggressive behaviors towards him. Because he seems to "choose" who he presents these behaviors to (at school too, some of the aides get it and others not as much), it makes me wonder how much of it is just plain stubborness, and meds wont make much of a difference. But because he is so developmentally delayed, mentally probably around age 3, its hard to know the right way to deal with it. And what would work with my 3 other children doesnt work at all with him.

Take care, Tara

> Tara,

> I feel for you. I really do, and alot of what you said, I have been there

> too, alot. I know, believe me. There are days when I think how can I go

> on another day? I just dont know how I am going to do this. But, I do, as

> hard as it is. I have 3 kids. Lexie is 13 and NT, is 10 and HF

> Autism SID and a tic disorder and who is 6 has LF Autism, a seizure

> disorder, moderate MR, SID, Visual processing disorder, mental age 18 mths-33

> mts across the board, OCD and ADHD which are the new diagnoses now. It is

> so hard. I am married and my husband works 2nd shift so I act as a single

> mom alot of the time. Take care and vent to all of us when you need to. It

> does help and we are all here for you.

> Stacie

>

>

> In a message dated 6/9/2009 7:26:32 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,

> strathcoach@ ... writes:

>

>

>

>

>

> >As I read these posts I have tears in my eyes. I am new to the group and

> this is the first time I have posted. It is SO good (unfortunately) to hear

> that others are dealing with and feeling the same things as me. My son is

> 8. He is basically "undiagnosed" As I read these posts I have tears in my

> eyes. I am new to the group and this is the first time I have posted. It is SO

> same things as me. My son is 8. He is basically "undiagnosed" <WBR>, except

> for severe global delay, and As I read these posts I have tears in my eyes.

> I am new to the group and this is the first time I have posted. It is SO

> same things as me. My son is 8. He is basically "undiagnosed" <WBR>, except

> for severe global delay, and microcephaly. He has many autistic tendencies,

> including self injury, and I am starting to question bipolar as well. He has

> had intervention since he was around 1 yr old (he was 3 lbs 6 oz at birth,

> and almost full term, so a red flag was put up immediately) <WBR>. His

> behaviors=2

0have been the main issue since he was about 2. We tried many

> different meds in the beginning, most that had opposite effects than what they

> should have. So as a result of this he ended up on risperdal, and has been on

> it since he was about 3. He was on a fairly high dose, especially for his

> age. For a long time he was on 0.75 mg twice a day. At a point he was also on

> clonidine (bad idea...caused other issues) and also topomax (originally

> for behavior, then upped because of suspected seizures...which turned out not

> to exist). After a stay in the hospital for a stomach flu, where he

> basically stopped eating for a few days, and therefor didnt get his meds (we hide

> it in his food) we ended up taking him off the clonidine and topomax, and

> lowering his risperdal. We tried taking him off that too, but just couldnt

> deal with him. For the last year and a half or so, he has been on .5 mg

> twice a day. He has gained a lot of weight. He is quite a little "chunkboy",

> especially compared to his 3 siblings. Because of this and other unknown

> side effects for being on risperdal for so long and starting at such a young

> age, we have been weaning him off, with the plan to keep him unmedicated for

> a while to see who he really is without meds....that REALLY stresses me!

> He is now down to a 1/4 tablet mor

ning and night. To be honest, I really

> dont know if we've seen a huge difference as the meds decrease. He has always

> had up and down, a lmost cyclical behavior, although we cant pinpoint what

> changes to change behaviors (this is why i am questioning bipolar). He is

> very impulsive, aggressive (however, mostly to me, and a couple of his

> aides...not as much to his dad) and VERY STUBBORN. I am at my witts end. (to put

> it bluntly). There are days I just dont know how much longer I can live

> with this...but then again, do I really have any other option? My husband and

> I separated for about 9 mths. The stress was just overwhelming. We got

> back together in November, but since then seemed to have gone back to the same

> point we were. The stress just seems to take over. I'm at a loss. We have

> 3 other children, aged 18, 15, and 7. They, of course, have been affected

> hugely by our 8 yr old. We dont even seem like a family...just an existing

> unit...because all the energy and focus seems to go to our son (I'm sure

> many of you

>

> I'm sorry to drag on so long! Theres so much more I could say! But it does

> feel good to let it out to someone! I have made an appt for a couple of

> weeks for a counsellor to try to get some perspective, which I have done a

> long time ago, but not for a20consistent enough time. Thanks for sharing,

> everyone. Its something I really needed

>

> Tara

>

>

>

>

>

> ************ **Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop: Now in 6 vibrant colors! Shop Dell’s

> full line of laptops.

> (http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 100126575x122200 8777x1201444407/ aol?redir= http:%2F% 2Fad.doubleclick .net%2Fclk% 3B215566094% 3B3786435

> 8%3Bv)

>

Dell Deals: Don't miss huge summer savings on popular laptops starting at $449.

Guest guest

Sharon, isnt it hard? I find it so hard not to take it personally. We have had

sensory work ups done and definitley know he has sensory issues, but he

flipflops back and forth from needing deep pressure to liking gentle caresses.

Each minute he seems to be different. But I'm glad you brought that up because

it is a tool that I actually havent tried for a while. Thanx!

> >Thanks so much Stacie. You sound like your plate is pretty full too! I think

if I knew there was an " answer " or a way to make things better, and decrease the

behaviors... and understand the behaviors... it would be easier to stay positive

aggressive behaviors towards him. Because he seems to " choose " who he presents

mentally probably around age 3, its hard to know the right way to deal with it.

And what would work with my 3

> other children doesnt work at all with him.

>

> Take care, Tara

>

> > Tara,

> > I feel for you. I really do, and alot of what you said, I have been there

> > too, alot. I know, believe me. There are days when I think how can I go

> > on another day? I just dont know how I am going to do this. But, I do, as

> > hard as it is. I have 3 kids. Lexie is 13 and NT, is 10 and HF

> > Autism SID and a tic disorder and who is 6 has LF Autism, a seizure

> > disorder, moderate MR, SID, Visual processing disorder, mental age 18

mths-33

> > mts across the board, OCD and ADHD which are the new diagnoses now. It is

> > so hard. I am married and my husband works 2nd shift so I act as a single

> > mom alot of the time. Take care and vent to all of us when you need to. It

> > does help and we are all here for you.

> > Stacie

> >

> >

> > In a message dated 6/9/2009 7:26:32 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,

> > strathcoach@ ... writes:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > >As I read these posts I have tears in my eyes. I am new to the group and

> > this is the first time I have posted. It is SO good (unfortunately) to hear

> > that others are dealing with and feeling the same things as me. My son is

> > 8. He is basically " undiagnosed " As I read these posts I have tears in my

> > eyes. I am new to the group and this is the first time I have posted. It is

SO

> > good (unfortunately) to hear that others are dealing with and feeling the

> > same things as me. My son is 8. He is basically " undiagnosed " <WBR>, except

> > for severe global delay, and As I read these posts I have tears in my eyes.

> > I am new to the group and this is the first time I have posted. It is SO

> > good (unfortunately) to hear that others are dealing with and feeling the

> > same things as me. My son is 8. He is basically " undiagnosed " <WBR>, except

> > for severe global delay, and microcephaly. He has many autistic tendencies,

> > including self injury, and I am starting to question bipolar as well. He has

> > had intervention since he was around 1 yr old (he was 3 lbs 6 oz at birth,

> > and almost full term, so a red flag was put up immediately) <WBR>. His

> > behaviors have been the main issue since he was about 2. We tried many

> > different meds in the beginning, most that had opposite effects than what

they

> > should have. So as a result of this he ended up on risperdal, and has been

on

> > it since he was about 3. He was on a fairly high dose, especially for his

> > age. For a long time he was on 0.75 mg twice a day. At a point he was also

on

> > clonidine (bad idea...caused other issues) and also topomax (originally

> > for behavior, then upped because of suspected seizures...which turned out

not

> > to exist). After a stay in the hospital for a stomach flu, where he

> > basically stopped eating for a few days, and therefor didnt get his meds (we

hide

> > it in his food) we ended up taking him off the clonidine and topomax, and

> > lowering his risperdal. We tried taking him off that too, but just couldnt

> > deal with him. For the last year and a half or so, he has been on .5 mg

> > twice a day. He has gained a lot of weight. He is quite a little " chunkboy " ,

> > especially compared to his 3 siblings. Because of this and other unknown

> > side effects for being on risperdal for so long and starting at such a young

> > age, we have been weaning him off, with the plan to keep him unmedicated for

> > a while to see who he really is without meds....that REALLY stresses me!

> > He is now down to a 1/4 tablet morning and night. To be honest, I really

> > dont know if we've seen a huge difference as the meds decrease. He has

always

> > had up and down, a lmost cyclical behavior, although we cant pinpoint what

> > changes to change behaviors (this is why i am questioning bipolar). He is

> > very impulsive, aggressive (however, mostly to me, and a couple of his

> > aides...not as much to his dad) and VERY STUBBORN. I am at my witts end. (to

put

> > it bluntly). There are days I just dont know how much longer I can live

> > with this...but then again, do I really have any other option? My husband

and

> > I separated for about 9 mths. The stress was just overwhelming. We got

> > back together in November, but since then seemed to have gone back to the

same

> > point we were. The stress just seems to take over. I'm at a loss. We have

> > 3 other children, aged 18, 15, and 7. They, of course, have been affected

> > hugely by our 8 yr old. We dont even seem like a family...just an existing

> > unit...because all the energy and focus seems to go to our son (I'm sure

> > many of you

> >

> > I'm sorry to drag on so long! Theres so much more I could say! But it does

> > feel good to let it out to someone! I have made an appt for a couple of

> > weeks for a counsellor to try to get some perspective, which I have done a

> > long time ago, but not for a consistent enough time. Thanks for sharing,

> > everyone. Its something I really needed

> >

> > Tara

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ************ **Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop: Now in 6 vibrant colors! Shop

Dell’s

> > full line of laptops.

> > (http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 100126575x122200 8777x1201444407/

aol?redir= http:%2F% 2Fad.doubleclick .net%2Fclk% 3B215566094% 3B3786435

> > 8%3Bv)

> >

>

Guest guest

lol e, crash pads seem like a good idea! We had a hammock swing in his

room but he wasnt comfortable and kept getting stuck...he's a little on the

heavier side...we're guessing from the meds. Even though he is in an 8 yr olds

body, he is mentally at about 2 1/2 to 3. So don't think you have nothing to

share...you never know! Plus I really enjoy reading your other posts. You seem

so genuine and positive and caring! :)

> >>Thanks so much Stacie. You sound like your plate is pretty full too! I think

if I knew there was an " answer " or a way to make things better, and decrease the

behaviors... and understand the behaviors... it would be easier to stay positive

mentally probably around age 3, its hard to know the right way to deal with it..

And what would work with my 3

> other children doesnt work at all with him.

> >

> >Take care, Tara

> >

> >> Tara,

> >> I feel for you. I really do, and alot of what you said, I have been there

> >> too, alot. I know, believe me. There are days when I think how can I go

> >> on another day? I just dont know how I am going to do this. But, I do, as

> >> hard as it is. I have 3 kids. Lexie is 13 and NT, is 10 and HF

> >> Autism SID and a tic disorder and who is 6 has LF Autism, a seizure

> >> disorder, moderate MR, SID, Visual processing disorder, mental age 18

mths-33

> >> mts across the board, OCD and ADHD which are the new diagnoses now. It is

> >> so hard. I am married and my husband works 2nd shift so I act as a single

> >> mom alot of the time. Take care and vent to all of us when you need to. It

> >> does help and we are all here for you.

> >> Stacie

> >>

> >>

> >> In a message dated 6/9/2009 7:26:32 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,

> >> strathcoach@ ... writes:

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> >As I read these posts I have tears in my eyes. I am new to the group and

> >> this is the first time I have posted. It is SO good (unfortunately) to hear

> >> that others are dealing with and feeling the same things as me. My son is

> >> 8. He is basically " undiagnosed " As I read these posts I have tears in my

> >> eyes. I am new to the group and this is the first time I have posted. It is

SO

> >> good (unfortunately) to hear that others are dealing with and feeling the

> >> same things as me. My son is 8. He is basically " undiagnosed " <WBR>, except

> >> for severe global delay, and As I read these posts I have tears in my eyes.

> >> I am new to the group and this is the first time I have posted. It is SO

> >> good (unfortunately) to hear that others are dealing with and feeling the

> >> same things as me. My son is 8. He is basically " undiagnosed " <WBR>, except

> >> for severe global delay, and microcephaly. He has many autistic tendencies,

> >> including self injury, and I am starting to question bipolar as well. He

has

> >> had intervention since he was around 1 yr old (he was 3 lbs 6 oz at birth,

> >> and almost full term, so a red flag was put up immediately) <WBR>. His

> >> behaviors have been the main issue since he was about 2. We tried many

> >> different meds in the beginning, most that had opposite effects than what

they

> >> should have. So as a result of this he ended up on risperdal, and has been

on

> >> it since he was about 3. He was on a fairly high dose, especially for his

> >> age.. For a long time he was on 0.75 mg twice a day. At a point he was also

on

> >> clonidine (bad idea...caused other issues) and also topomax (originally

> >> for behavior, then upped because of suspected seizures...which turned out

not

> >> to exist). After a stay in the hospital for a stomach flu, where he

> >> basically stopped eating for a few days, and therefor didnt get his meds

(we hide

> >> it in his food) we ended up taking him off the clonidine and topomax, and

> >> lowering his risperdal. We tried taking him off that too, but just couldnt

> >> deal with him. For the last year and a half or so, he has been on .5 mg

> >> twice a day. He has gained a lot of weight. He is quite a little

" chunkboy " ,

> >> especially compared to his 3 siblings. Because of this and other unknown

> >> side effects for being on risperdal for so long and starting at such a

young

> >> age, we have been weaning him off, with the plan to keep him unmedicated

for

> >> a while to see who he really is without meds....that REALLY stresses me!

> >> He is now down to a 1/4 tablet morning and night. To be honest, I really

> >> dont know if we've seen a huge difference as the meds decrease. He has

always

> >> had up and down, a lmost cyclical behavior, although we cant pinpoint what

> >> changes to change behaviors (this is why i am questioning bipolar). He is

> >> very impulsive, aggressive (however, mostly to me, and a couple of his

> >> aides...not as much to his dad) and VERY STUBBORN. I am at my witts end.

(to put

> >> it bluntly). There are days I just dont know how much longer I can live

> >> with this...but then again, do I really have any other option? My husband

and

> >> I separated for about 9 mths. The stress was just overwhelming. We got

> >> back together in November, but since then seemed to have gone back to the

same

> >> point we were. The stress just seems to take over. I'm at a loss. We have

> >> 3 other children, aged 18, 15, and 7. They, of course, have been affected

> >> hugely by our 8 yr old. We dont even seem like a family...just an existing

> >> unit...because all the energy and focus seems to go to our son (I'm sure

> >> many of you

> >>

> >> I'm sorry to drag on so long! Theres so much more I could say! But it does

> >> feel good to let it out to someone! I have made an appt for a couple of

> >> weeks for a counsellor to try to get some perspective, which I have done a

> >> long time ago, but not for a consistent enough time. Thanks for sharing,

> >> everyone. Its something I really needed

> >>

> >> Tara

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >> ************ **Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop: Now in 6 vibrant colors! Shop

Dell’s

> >> full line of laptops.

> >> (http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 100126575x122200 8777x1201444407/

aol?redir= http:%2F% 2Fad.doubleclick .net%2Fclk% 3B215566094% 3B3786435

> >> 8%3Bv)

> >>

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi there! :) I care deeply...sometimes it's hard to read that on-line, as email just doesn't cut it with heavy, heavy topics...but thank you, I needed to hear that today.

Tara, does your little man like to swing or "spin"? I ask only because you mention a hammock.... loves to spin...we make sure he gets that input "appropriately" meaning, we push him on the swing and spin the swing, etc..always ending up with Joint compression and deep hugs, as the swing works on Vestibular, and too much of a good thing is just that...too much...so they need the joint compression or some sort of deep pressure thing afterward...

Tara, I'm so sorry as I cannot remember if he has an OT for sensory integration...if so, pardon my repeats of what you probably already know....

We do lots of other stuff too, but I don't want to bore the group, or you.. :) They've heard it a million times...(If you choose you can email offline and I'll give you some more deep pressure ideas...also a good book is, Building Bridges Through Sensory Integration).

Take good care...

e

From: momtojcjj <strathcoach@...>autism Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 2:55:09 PMSubject: Re: Thank you

Guest guest

e, yes we do have an OT (2 actually...one with school and one with his

home program). We seem to go in and out of making sensory integration a

priority, as sometimes it makes a difference and sometimes it doesnt, but I

think over the summer we should focus on it a bit more. I mentioned before what

works one time doesnt seem to work at the next situation. We did joint

compressions and deep pressure when he was smaller. And sometimes he likes to

swing and spin, other times not. I think he likes the " closeness " that the

hammock gives him. They have a sensory room at his school with a hammock and he

spends a lot of time in it. I need to look at getting one more like it. The one

we had was more like a chair and he just wasnt comfortable in it. I would be

interested in hearing more about your astronaut training! I find (at least with

myself) that whenever I try to do anything hands on with Jordan (deep pressure,

light pressure, compressions, even a hug) he lashes out and scratches or pinches

me...for no apparent reason. Often just if I'm walking by. So that seems to

discourage me from doing any of that. The OT at the school mentioned the other

day that maybe he was getting sensory feedback from the scratchiing, pinching

etc and we need to address his hands, fingers etc with sensory stuff, but I just

dont know. Its really a possibility, but then wouldnt he have those behaviors

with everyone, not just me and a couple of his aides? Oh, and also my mom. He

seems to choose who he does that to. I know that Pat K suggested that kids lash

out with those they feel the safest with. I know thats true, but not sure its

the case this time. He asks for dad to do things with (for) him, ie. change him

in the morning, get his cereal, etc. When I try he just lashes out. Not feeling

sorry for myself (ok, maybe a little bit! lol) just trying to figure it out. I

really would like to spend time with him, but he doesnt make it easy. I have

scratches all over my arms as proof. It really makes me sad. I dont know how to

change how we relate. I totally just changed subjects there....sorry! I too have

the inability to write short posts!!! Anyways...thanks for your post! Like I

say, maybe this summer we will focus a little more on the sensory issues and see

if we can figure that out a little bit, so any of the deep pressure exercises

you do would be great!

Hugs, Tara

>

> Hi there!  :)  I care deeply...sometimes it's hard to read that on-line, as

email just doesn't cut it with heavy, heavy topics...but thank you, I needed to

hear that today.

>

> Tara, does your little man  like to swing or " spin " ?  I ask only because you

mention a hammock.... loves to spin...we make sure he gets that input

" appropriately "   meaning, we push him on the swing and spin the swing,

etc..always ending up with Joint compression and deep hugs, as the swing works

on Vestibular, and too much of a good thing is just that...too much...so they

need the joint compression or some sort of deep pressure thing afterward...

>

> Tara, I'm so sorry as I cannot remember if he has an OT for sensory

integration...if so, pardon my repeats of what you probably already know....

>

> We do lots of other stuff too, but I don't want to bore the group, or you..

:)  They've heard it a million times...(If you choose you can email offline and

I'll give you some more deep pressure ideas...also a good book is, Building

Bridges Through Sensory Integration).

>

> Take good care...

> e

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: momtojcjj <strathcoach@...>

> autism

> Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 2:55:09 PM

> Subject: Re: Thank you

>

>

> .

>

Guest guest

Hi Tara,

This is probably off base but since it seems to be only Women that he reacts to could it be perfumes or body sprays etc... When was 4 all of a sudden he didn't want hugs from me and he wouldn't sit on my lap. He wouldn't say anything and wasn't aggressive (that didn't start until 1st grade) but he would push me away or run away from me. After a few weeks I saw a pattern in my journal and he was letting me hug him in the mornings and right before bed... So I thought about what was different during those times and finally figured out it was the new body spray I had gotten for my birthday! The smell was strong and it obviously bothered him. It took me awhile to figure that one out but after I stopped wearing it he wanted his hugs and kisses again. LOL our guys are just so difficult sometimes!! Drives me crazy! Oh, I still have the body spray hidden in my closet and

someday there will be something I really want him to leave alone and I am going to spray it with the spray!!! A Mamas gotta do what a Mamas gotta do! I really hope things get better, calmer for you soon, Kellie

From: momtojcjj <strathcoach@...>autism Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 11:13:39 PMSubject: Re: Thank you

e, yes we do have an OT (2 actually...one with school and one with his home program). We seem to go in and out of making sensory integration a priority, as sometimes it makes a difference and sometimes it doesnt, but I think over the summer we should focus on it a bit more. I mentioned before what works one time doesnt seem to work at the next situation. We did joint compressions and deep pressure when he was smaller. And sometimes he likes to swing and spin, other times not. I think he likes the "closeness" that the hammock gives him. They have a sensory room at his school with a hammock and he spends a lot of time in it. I need to look at getting one more like it. The one we had was more like a chair and he just wasnt comfortable in it. I would be interested in hearing more about your astronaut training! I find (at least with myself) that whenever I try to do anything hands on with Jordan (deep pressure, light pressure, compressions, even a

hug) he lashes out and scratches or pinches me...for no apparent reason. Often just if I'm walking by. So that seems to discourage me from doing any of that. The OT at the school mentioned the other day that maybe he was getting sensory feedback from the scratchiing, pinching etc and we need to address his hands, fingers etc with sensory stuff, but I just dont know. Its really a possibility, but then wouldnt he have those behaviors with everyone, not just me and a couple of his aides? Oh, and also my mom. He seems to choose who he does that to. I know that Pat K suggested that kids lash out with those they feel the safest with. I know thats true, but not sure its the case this time. He asks for dad to do things with (for) him, ie. change him in the morning, get his cereal, etc. When I try he just lashes out. Not feeling sorry for myself (ok, maybe a little bit! lol) just trying to figure it out. I really would like to spend time with him, but he doesnt

make it easy. I have scratches all over my arms as proof. It really makes me sad. I dont know how to change how we relate. I totally just changed subjects there....sorry! I too have the inability to write short posts!!! Anyways...thanks for your post! Like I say, maybe this summer we will focus a little more on the sensory issues and see if we can figure that out a little bit, so any of the deep pressure exercises you do would be great!Hugs, Tara>> Hi there! :) I care deeply...sometimes it's hard to read that on-line, as email just doesn't cut it with heavy, heavy topics...but thank you, I needed to hear that today.> > Tara, does your little man like to swing or

"spin"? I ask only because you mention a hammock.... loves to spin...we make sure he gets that input "appropriately" meaning, we push him on the swing and spin the swing, etc..always ending up with Joint compression and deep hugs, as the swing works on Vestibular, and too much of a good thing is just that...too much...so they need the joint compression or some sort of deep pressure thing afterward...> > Tara, I'm so sorry as I cannot remember if he has an OT for sensory integration. ...if so, pardon my repeats of what you probably already know....> > We do lots of other stuff too, but I don't want to bore the group, or you.. :) They've heard it a million times...(If you choose you can email offline and I'll give you some more deep pressure ideas...also a good book is, Building Bridges Through Sensory Integration) .> > Take good care...> e> >

> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: momtojcjj <strathcoach@ ...>> AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) com> Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 2:55:09 PM> Subject: Re: Thank you> > > .>

Guest guest

Tara, you are going through so much, so much...God love you --- I am sorry that he scratches you -- I know you yearn to feel bonded with him --- I'm glad you are working with an OT...has he had any ABA?

Blessings...I will pray for you today.

e

From: momtojcjj <strathcoach@...>autism Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 11:13:39 PMSubject: Re: Thank you

e, yes we do have an OT (2 actually...one with school and one with his home program). We seem to go in and out of making sensory integration a priority, as sometimes it makes a difference and sometimes it doesnt, but I think over the summer we should focus on it a bit more. I mentioned before what works one time doesnt seem to work at the next situation. We did joint compressions and deep pressure when he was smaller. And sometimes he likes to swing and spin, other times not. I think he likes the "closeness" that the hammock gives him. They have a sensory room at his school with a hammock and he spends a lot of time in it. I need to look at getting one more like it. The one we had was more like a chair and he just wasnt comfortable in it. I would be interested in hearing more about your astronaut training! I find (at least with myself) that whenever I try to do anything hands on with Jordan (deep pressure, light pressure, compressions, even a

hug) he lashes out and scratches or pinches me...for no apparent reason. Often just if I'm walking by. So that seems to discourage me from doing any of that. The OT at the school mentioned the other day that maybe he was getting sensory feedback from the scratchiing, pinching etc and we need to address his hands, fingers etc with sensory stuff, but I just dont know. Its really a possibility, but then wouldnt he have those behaviors with everyone, not just me and a couple of his aides? Oh, and also my mom. He seems to choose who he does that to. I know that Pat K suggested that kids lash out with those they feel the safest with. I know thats true, but not sure its the case this time. He asks for dad to do things with (for) him, ie. change him in the morning, get his cereal, etc. When I try he just lashes out. Not feeling sorry for myself (ok, maybe a little bit! lol) just trying to figure it out. I really would like to spend time with him, but he doesnt

make it easy. I have scratches all over my arms as proof. It really makes me sad. I dont know how to change how we relate. I totally just changed subjects there....sorry! I too have the inability to write short posts!!! Anyways...thanks for your post! Like I say, maybe this summer we will focus a little more on the sensory issues and see if we can figure that out a little bit, so any of the deep pressure exercises you do would be great!Hugs, Tara>> Hi there! :) I care deeply...sometimes it's hard to read that on-line, as email just doesn't cut it with heavy, heavy topics...but thank you, I needed to hear that today.> > Tara, does your little man like to swing or

"spin"? I ask only because you mention a hammock.... loves to spin...we make sure he gets that input "appropriately" meaning, we push him on the swing and spin the swing, etc..always ending up with Joint compression and deep hugs, as the swing works on Vestibular, and too much of a good thing is just that...too much...so they need the joint compression or some sort of deep pressure thing afterward...> > Tara, I'm so sorry as I cannot remember if he has an OT for sensory integration. ...if so, pardon my repeats of what you probably already know....> > We do lots of other stuff too, but I don't want to bore the group, or you.. :) They've heard it a million times...(If you choose you can email offline and I'll give you some more deep pressure ideas...also a good book is, Building Bridges Through Sensory Integration) .> > Take good care...> e> >

> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: momtojcjj <strathcoach@ ...>> AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) com> Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 2:55:09 PM> Subject: Re: Thank you> > > .>

Guest guest

GREAT advice....

j

From: Kellie <folkangel@...>autism Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 7:30:12 AMSubject: Re: Thank you

Hi Tara,

This is probably off base but since it seems to be only Women that he reacts to could it be perfumes or body sprays etc... When was 4 all of a sudden he didn't want hugs from me and he wouldn't sit on my lap. He wouldn't say anything and wasn't aggressive (that didn't start until 1st grade) but he would push me away or run away from me. After a few weeks I saw a pattern in my journal and he was letting me hug him in the mornings and right before bed... So I thought about what was different during those times and finally figured out it was the new body spray I had gotten for my birthday! The smell was strong and it obviously bothered him. It took me awhile to figure that one out but after I stopped wearing it he wanted his hugs and kisses again. LOL our guys are just so difficult sometimes!! Drives me crazy! Oh, I still have the body spray hidden in my closet and

someday there will be something I really want him to leave alone and I am going to spray it with the spray!!! A Mamas gotta do what a Mamas gotta do! I really hope things get better, calmer for you soon, Kellie

From: momtojcjj <strathcoach@ hotmail.com>AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comSent: Friday, June 12, 2009 11:13:39 PMSubject: Re: Thank you

"spin"? I ask only because you mention a hammock.... loves to spin...we make sure he gets that input "appropriately" meaning, we push him on the swing and spin the swing, etc..always ending up with Joint compression and deep hugs, as the swing works on Vestibular, and too much of a good thing is just that...too much...so they need the joint compression or some sort of deep pressure thing afterward...> > Tara, I'm so sorry as I cannot remember if he has an OT for sensory integration. ....if so, pardon my repeats of what you probably already know....> > We do lots of other stuff too, but I don't want to bore the group, or you.. :) They've heard it a million times...(If you choose you can email offline and I'll give you some more deep pressure ideas...also a good book is, Building Bridges Through Sensory Integration) .> > Take good care...> e> >

Guest guest

Hi, again --- this makes it tougher all the way around...again, I love to say, "I have it covered" puts people at ease or keeps them from responding further...and then if they do again...I ignore :)

Blessings,

e

From: Wylie <mlwpdb@...>" " < >Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:28:54 PMSubject: Thank you

thanks to those of you who gave me some ideas to try. I have tried many of them in the past, but always keep trying. When i lived in a small town no one bothered us.. When i moved to Toledo Oh, people just don't know when to not get involved. I have tried to hand cards to people. They don't always work. Unfortunately, i don't have a car to escape to in times of trouble. Once in awhile i can get a ride somewhere.----------Sent from AT & T's Wireless network using Mobile Email

Guest guest

Yes, that makes it tough. How about escaping to a restroom. I even did that with

my NT kids when they misbehaved. Pat K

Thank you

thanks to those of you who gave me some ideas to try. I have tried many of them in the past, but always keep trying. When i lived in a small town no one bothered us. When i moved to Toledo Oh, people just don't know when to not get involved. I have tried to hand cards to people. They don't always work. Unfortunately, i don't have a car to escape to in times of trouble. Once in awhile i can get a ride somewhere.

----------

Sent from AT & T's Wireless network using Mobile Email

Dell Days of Deals! June 15-24 - A New Deal Everyday!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi.

This is so funny, because right now as I type this, I am having my sprout salad

for lunch. You ask about what I do for dressing?

Here you go.

To my salad I add the following:

Some garlic powder

Fresh basil, (or dried basil)

I also toss in a hand of dried onions (or crunch onions that I had originally

made).

I don't use vinegar (never liked it).

I use light salt and some fresh ground pepper

A splash of lemon juice

A splash of extra virgin olive oil.

When you add all of this to salad filled with lightly sauteed bean sprouts,

some fresh broccoli and fenugreek, some sun dried tomatoes, some black olives

(or any thing you would toss into your salad).

Blend everything so the taste all inter-mingles.

let me tell you, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TO DIE FOR.

The garlic comes out, the extra virgin olive oil, and the splash of lemon...and

the basil. Well, it's the best darn thing I ever ate.

My friends can laugh at me all they want. They can eat their twinkies and ding

dongs, and pizza for lunch.

Me??? Give me a sprout salad any day.

lol

Melody

>

> That was an excellent article. Thank you.

>

> This group is awesome. You are such an inspiration to all.

>

> Melody - question about your sprout salads? Any dressing? Do you have any

healthy recipes for some?

>

• 1 month later...

ooo whatchya get whatchya get. did you open yours already.

I am holding off until tommarrow afternoon when everything has settled down. But

I am really curious which is why I still have it in the shipping box. Will take

out out today though and put it..... oh thats right, I dont have a tree this

year. well I will put it by the mini tree on the table.

>

> Hi Everyone!

> I just wanted to thank my Secret Christmas buddy for the really cool gift. I

really like it a lot....now to keep my brother from putting his claws on it!

> Hope everyone has a fun and safe Christmas!

> Kasandra

>

• 2 months later...

Hi Amy,Think most people with bugs and morg test very low for vit.D...I heard

it's also good for depression...thanks for link and hope You are

o.k....Hugs,Rose

--- amycuriosagirl@... wrote:

bird mites

Subject: Thank you

Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 07:53:33 -0000

Thank you all for your kind words and support. It is nice to have a place to

" talk " to people who understand me.

Please check into Vitamin D deficiency. it might be helpful

http://www.womentowomen.com/healthynutrition/vitamind.aspx

amy

------------------------------------

Yes,thats a really good link actually...they have a test on it to see how your

hormones are doing..mine aren't behavin too well but they say there is hope!!lol

--- torpedolynn@... wrote:

bird mites

Subject: Re: Thank you

Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 08:13:55 -0000

I Like the link. Going to try and get my oldest son to look at it. He has

terrible bowel problems.

In Light Lynn

>

> Thank you all for your kind words and support. It is nice to have a place to

" talk " to people who understand me.

>

> Please check into Vitamin D deficiency. it might be helpful

>

> http://www.womentowomen.com/healthynutrition/vitamind.aspx

>

> amy

>

------------------------------------

Good article Amy - I've had a D3 supplement I've been hesitant to take because I get some in my multi-vitamin and wondered if this would be too excessive - now I will take it because I see the daily recommendations are much higher than we normally get.

Judy

Thank you

Thank you all for your kind words and support. It is nice to have a place to "talk" to people who understand me.Please check into Vitamin D deficiency. it might be helpful http://www.womentowomen.com/healthynutrition/vitamind.aspxamy

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

I just want the list to know that I too

was interned by Sharrie. The experience jump started my career in

Neurofeedback and gave me the base of knowledge by which I built my practice.

It is so worthwhile to journey to Vermont

and study under Sharrie. Jeff Reich

Sent: Monday, March 29, 2010 10:40

AM

Subject: thank you

Thank you for the nice things you said. I also

enjoyed having you as an intern and look forward to mentoring you over the next

year. I must bust on you though because it was way too funny whenyour styrofoam

head flew out the window and the maintenance man brought it back and asked,

" Did someone lose their head? " Just priceless!!!

Guest guest

I know just leave it to me to have something like that to happen! It was very funny!

From: Sharrie <drsharrie@...> Sent: Mon, March 29, 2010 10:40:19 AMSubject: thank you

Thank you for the nice things you said. I also enjoyed having you as an intern and look forward to mentoring you over the next year. I must bust on you though because it was way too funny whenyour styrofoam head flew out the window and the maintenance man brought it back and asked, "Did someone lose their head?" Just priceless!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi Deep

no problem and sorry I sent all the details I hope it was useful

From: Deepu Mathew <drdeeputm@...> Sent: Fri, 16 April, 2010 9:11:08Subject: Thank you

Hello Karima

Thankyou for giving me the answers.

Takecare

Deepu.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

Oh that's odd...that was supposed to be a seperate topic, but I guess it's in

the right spot!

>

> So, you probably all know by now, I am long winded..*L* I promise to keep

this short!

>

> I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone on CAST..for just being here, and

listening, and not judging, and encouraging. I am so grateful that I found this

group before I went to the Ortho in Dartmouth because we would still be waiting

and watching, not knowing we were missing out on valuable treatment for Abigail.

>

> THANK YOU ALL!!!!

>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Elsie, when your finger nails turn green, its time to back off.

ew

thank you

thank you so much for the prompt answers to my question....very helpful

another question,can you over dose on sprouts? Elsie.

Guest guest

Elsie, not really. Of course everyone is different and bodies react

differently but in general you're safe. Read somewhere about a study

done where a family of four lived on nothing but sprouts for an entire

year. Other than dying for more choice in food they were all fine and

healthy.

Zone 5

elsiemurray2005 wrote:

> thank you so much for the prompt answers to my question....very helpful

> another question,can you over dose on sprouts? Elsie.

>

>

>

>

>