RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Good News

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow Kerri... I'm glad you finished, but its awful that your Gastro

let you white cells get so low. It shows how important it is for you

to get copies of ALL of your tesy results.

After mine came in my Gasros nurse would call and say something

like " Well your counts are a little low, but continue treatment " ,

then I would read them myself and see where they really were.

I hope you feel better soon.

Lee

I'm gonna talk to

him about boosting my white cell count. I'm worn down with all the

secondary things. If he won't consider that, I have another

gastro/hep doc in the wings that I can talk to about it.

>

> Sharon

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Jackie

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Ahhh...imagining that irresistible " new car " smell?

> Check outnew cars at Autos.

>

Guest guest

Again, he must have waited until I was on death's door to give me the neupo... the few times he did px it.Lee <leecuate@...> wrote: Wow Kerri... I'm glad you finished, but its awful that your Gastro let you white cells get so low. It shows how important it is for you to get copies of ALL of your tesy results.After mine came in my Gasros nurse would call and say something like "Well your counts are a little low, but continue treatment", then I would read them myself and see where they really were.I

hope you feel better soon.Lee I'm gonna talk to him about boosting my white cell count. I'm worn down with all the secondary things. If he won't consider that, I have another gastro/hep doc in the wings that I can talk to about it.> > Sharon> > > > > > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?> Check outnew cars at Autos.>

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

It just really irritates me because I HAD a px for neupo, and he told me I DID NOT NEED IT ANYMORE!!! So now, I am having to go to an oncology office today (Saturday) and tomorrow (Sunday) to get more shots of Neuopo... what an inconvenience!! But I have been sick (very sick) twice recently and have had to go on antibiotics. I have two young kids so it is very hard for me to "stay away from germs and illness"... Jackie on <redjaxjm@...> wrote: sounds like you might need to file a 'formal' complaint with the AMA

against your gastro,, he really dropped the ball,, Im glad your PCP stepped in,, mine did the same and he saved me Im sure!Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: my WBC were 1.3 and Neutro# .70- My PCP FREAKED OUT when she saw this lab and it was done two weeks after I HAVE STOPPED TX!! My GI doctor said that my counts have risen.... so I guess at a few points during tx they were EXTREMELY low, because I got Neuopgen several times throughout my tx. My GI doc told me my counts would just continue to rise on their own, however, my PCP said that was unacceptable... I have been getting too many infections... she INSISTED I go to a hematologist, who ordered more Neupo...SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote: WBC's is 2.8 and neutrophils are 72. Re: good news Good,, its totally stupid NOT to give you neupo if you need it,, and while you are at it, you should stay away from crowds and little kids and they are germ factories, lolSHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote: I'm gonna talk to him about boosting my white cell count. I'm worn down with all the secondary things. If he won't consider that, I have another gastro/hep doc in the wings that I can talk to about it. Sharon Jackie Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Jackie

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

well it truely sounds like "negligence" and THAT IS a litigation issue...Kerri Landress <kerrilandress@...> wrote: It just really irritates me because I HAD a px for neupo, and he told me I DID NOT NEED IT ANYMORE!!! So now, I am having to go to an oncology office today (Saturday) and tomorrow (Sunday) to get more shots of Neuopo... what an inconvenience!! But I have been sick (very sick) twice recently and have had to go on antibiotics. I have two young kids so it is very hard for me to "stay away from germs

and illness"... Jackie on <redjaxjm > wrote: sounds like you might need to file a 'formal' complaint with the AMA against your gastro,, he really dropped the ball,, Im glad your PCP stepped in,, mine did the same and he saved me Im sure!Kerri Landress <kerrilandress > wrote: my WBC were 1.3 and Neutro# .70- My PCP FREAKED OUT when she saw this lab and it was done two weeks after I HAVE STOPPED TX!! My GI doctor said that my counts have risen.... so I guess at a few points during tx they were EXTREMELY low, because I got Neuopgen several times throughout my tx. My GI doc told me my counts would just continue to rise on their own, however, my

PCP said that was unacceptable... I have been getting too many infections... she INSISTED I go to a hematologist, who ordered more Neupo...SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote: WBC's is 2.8 and neutrophils are 72. Re: good news Good,, its totally stupid NOT to give you neupo if you need it,, and while you are at it, you should stay away from crowds and little kids and they are germ factories, lolSHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote: I'm gonna talk to him about boosting my white cell count. I'm

worn down with all the secondary things. If he won't consider that, I have another gastro/hep doc in the wings that I can talk to about it. Sharon Jackie Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Jackie Ahhh...imagining that

irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Jackie

Guest guest

some docs should really NOT be treating this disease...Kerri Landress <kerrilandress@...> wrote: Again, he must have waited until I was on death's door to give me the neupo... the few times he did px it.Lee <leecuatemsn> wrote: Wow Kerri... I'm glad you finished, but its awful that your Gastro let you white cells get so low. It shows how important it is for you

to get copies of ALL of your tesy results.After mine came in my Gasros nurse would call and say something like "Well your counts are a little low, but continue treatment", then I would read them myself and see where they really were.I hope you feel better soon.Lee I'm gonna talk to him about boosting my white cell count. I'm worn down with all the secondary things. If he won't consider that, I have another gastro/hep doc in the wings that I can talk to about it.> > Sharon> > > > > > > > > > > Jackie > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?> Check outnew cars at Autos.> Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new

car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos. Jackie

Guest guest

thanks Lee for posting this,, but there is a formula for figuring out what the number of neuts are,, you take the WBC's and multiply them by 1000,, then take THAT number times the neut count and THAT number needs to be above 750... Lee <leecuate@...> wrote: here is neutrophil count:Neutropenia (1500 < ANC < 2000) — slight risk of infection Mild neutropenia (1000 < ANC < 1500) — minimal risk of infection Moderate neutropenia (500 < ANC < 1000) — moderate risk of infection Severe

neutropenia (ANC < 500) — severe risk of infection. I'm gonna talk to him about boosting my white cell count. I'm worn down with all the secondary things. If he won't consider that, I have another gastro/hep doc in the wings that I can talk to about it.> > Sharon> > > > > > > > >

> > Jackie > > > > > > Jackie>Jackie

Guest guest

I have two listings for neutrophils, one is 72 and in the next colomn the % sign appears. The other with (absoluts) in parens is 2.0. Neither of these seem to have any relation to the numbers you list. Are there different ways to read this? Both are listed as within range of normal.

Re: good news

here is neutrophil count:Neutropenia (1500 < ANC < 2000) - slight risk of infection Mild neutropenia (1000 < ANC < 1500) - minimal risk of infection Moderate neutropenia (500 < ANC < 1000) - moderate risk of infection Severe neutropenia (ANC < 500) - severe risk of infection.

Guest guest

Sounds like your PCP is a good doc and your GI a little slow ....

Re: good news

Good,, its totally stupid NOT to give you neupo if you need it,, and while you are at it, you should stay away from crowds and little kids and they are germ factories, lolSHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote:

I'm gonna talk to him about boosting my white cell count. I'm worn down with all the secondary things. If he won't consider that, I have another gastro/hep doc in the wings that I can talk to about it.

Sharon

Jackie

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Pat, at least some good news, best of luck with your hospital stay, praying that works for you! Hugs, Sheena Pat D <dunhams03@...> wrote: Well my liver bx was good. I rated 1 on scarring and 1 on inflamation. Me being as sick as I have been and a 2.1 albmin level is all caused from my gastric bypass surgery

and malnutrition. I am going into the hospital tomorrow and get infused with protein for 3 to 4 days. Then try to continue orally if I can absorb enough protein with rx supplements. Otherwise will have to have my bypass reversed..

Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

Guest guest

Wow , good biopsy but bad on the malnutrion . Malnutrition can kill you quicker than the hep c sweety . I pray you get better quickly and all goes well in the hospital . Please keep us updated on how your doing ?

Good News

Well my liver bx was good. I rated 1 on scarring and 1 on inflamation. Me being as sick as I have been and a 2.1 albmin level is all caused from my gastric bypass surgery and malnutrition. I am going into the hospital tomorrow and get infused with protein for 3 to 4 days. Then try to continue orally if I can absorb enough protein with rx supplements. Otherwise will have to have my bypass reversed..

Guest guest

thats great Pat,, the biopsy that is,, I am always fighting a lower albumen too, my last one was 3.3 which is almost 'normal'.. I have a huge problem eating enough and because I want to lose more weight, its hard to increase my intake, so what I've done is to find a good whey protein and am using that a bit more to see if using that will help raise my albumen..Pat D <dunhams03@...> wrote: Well my liver bx was good. I rated 1 on scarring and 1 on inflamation. Me being as sick as I have been and a 2.1 albmin level is all

caused from my gastric bypass surgery and malnutrition. I am going into the hospital tomorrow and get infused with protein for 3 to 4 days. Then try to continue orally if I can absorb enough protein with rx supplements. Otherwise will have to have my bypass reversed..Jackie

Guest guest

thats great Pat,, the biopsy that is,, I am always fighting a lower albumen too, my last one was 3.3 which is almost 'normal'.. I have a huge problem eating enough and because I want to lose more weight, its hard to increase my intake, so what I've done is to find a good whey protein and am using that a bit more to see if using that will help raise my albumen..Pat D <dunhams03@...> wrote: Well my liver bx was good. I rated 1 on scarring and 1 on inflamation. Me being as sick as I have been and a 2.1 albmin level is all

caused from my gastric bypass surgery and malnutrition. I am going into the hospital tomorrow and get infused with protein for 3 to 4 days. Then try to continue orally if I can absorb enough protein with rx supplements. Otherwise will have to have my bypass reversed..Jackie

Guest guest

<<Feeling giddy right now and had to share my happiness.>>

I am so happy for you. Happy Birthday!!!

I too would like to share out success. My 10 yo dd is doing fantastic right

now too. Things that were impossible for her to do just months ago are now

becoming easier and easier. She is mostly back to her happy self.with a bit

of anxiety thrown in here and there but it's not running our lives. I just

went to our last scheduled appointment with our psychologist (who I am so

happy to have found) and we left it that I would make an apt. as needed or

email for support. My dd was SO HAPPY about that.

Shaw

<mailto:game-enthusiast@...> game-enthusiast@...

Guest guest

<<Feeling giddy right now and had to share my happiness.>>

I am so happy for you. Happy Birthday!!!

I too would like to share out success. My 10 yo dd is doing fantastic right

now too. Things that were impossible for her to do just months ago are now

becoming easier and easier. She is mostly back to her happy self.with a bit

of anxiety thrown in here and there but it's not running our lives. I just

went to our last scheduled appointment with our psychologist (who I am so

happy to have found) and we left it that I would make an apt. as needed or

email for support. My dd was SO HAPPY about that.

Shaw

<mailto:game-enthusiast@...> game-enthusiast@...

Guest guest

It's so great to hear your news!

I remember reading your posts only a couple of months ago with tears

in my eyes while you were described the horrible toll OCD took on

Noah and the rest of your family.

There's no greater gift for your birthday than to have your son

back! Happy Birthday and thanks for sharing your success!

Judi

On Sep 7, 2007, at 1:07 PM, lisa fishman wrote:

> Feeling giddy right now and had to share my happiness. Tomorrow

> will be my 50th birthday, and I get to celebrate my son's great

> progress in managing his OCD.

> Three weeks into school, Noah is doing great. He is keeping up with

> and even getting ahead in his homework, getting great grades, and

> maintaining his social life. He came home today and told me he

> declared his intention to run for Secretary of the Student Council.

> He's also diligent in doing his OCD therapy work, with a little

> reminder here and there.

>

> Honestly, this is about the best birthday present I could ask for.

> We should all come to see our children succeed in OCD management

> and in their lives.

>

>

>

> Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your

> story.

> Play Sims Stories at Games.

>

>

Guest guest

It's so great to hear your news!

I remember reading your posts only a couple of months ago with tears

in my eyes while you were described the horrible toll OCD took on

Noah and the rest of your family.

There's no greater gift for your birthday than to have your son

back! Happy Birthday and thanks for sharing your success!

Judi

On Sep 7, 2007, at 1:07 PM, lisa fishman wrote:

> will be my 50th birthday, and I get to celebrate my son's great

> progress in managing his OCD.

> and even getting ahead in his homework, getting great grades, and

> maintaining his social life. He came home today and told me he

> declared his intention to run for Secretary of the Student Council.

> He's also diligent in doing his OCD therapy work, with a little

> reminder here and there.

>

> We should all come to see our children succeed in OCD management

> and in their lives.

>

>

>

> story.

>

>

Guest guest

Happy birthday, !

Congrats on Noah's sailing!!

It's encouraging!!!

AKIKO

>

> Feeling giddy right now and had to share my happiness. Tomorrow will be my

50th

birthday, and I get to celebrate my son's great progress in managing his OCD.

> Three weeks into school, Noah is doing great. He is keeping up with and even

getting

ahead in his homework, getting great grades, and maintaining his social life. He

came

home today and told me he declared his intention to run for Secretary of the

Student

Council. He's also diligent in doing his OCD therapy work, with a little

reminder here and

there.

>

> Honestly, this is about the best birthday present I could ask for. We should

all come to

see our children succeed in OCD management and in their lives.

>

>

Guest guest

Happy birthday, !

Congrats on Noah's sailing!!

It's encouraging!!!

AKIKO

>

> Feeling giddy right now and had to share my happiness. Tomorrow will be my

50th

> Three weeks into school, Noah is doing great. He is keeping up with and even

getting

ahead in his homework, getting great grades, and maintaining his social life. He

came

home today and told me he declared his intention to run for Secretary of the

Student

Council. He's also diligent in doing his OCD therapy work, with a little

reminder here and

there.

>

> Honestly, this is about the best birthday present I could ask for. We should

all come to

see our children succeed in OCD management and in their lives.

>

>

Guest guest

Oh ,

That is wonderful!!! Isn't it you who is in KY and went to Florida for an

intense program? Where is it again that you went?

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

lisa fishman <noahfsmom@...> wrote:

Feeling giddy right now and had to share my happiness. Tomorrow will

be my 50th birthday, and I get to celebrate my son's great progress in managing

his OCD.

Three weeks into school, Noah is doing great. He is keeping up with and even

getting ahead in his homework, getting great grades, and maintaining his social

life. He came home today and told me he declared his intention to run for

Secretary of the Student Council. He's also diligent in doing his OCD therapy

work, with a little reminder here and there.

Honestly, this is about the best birthday present I could ask for. We should all

come to see our children succeed in OCD management and in their lives.

---------------------------------

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.

Play Sims Stories at Games.

Guest guest

Happy Birthday!! And really glad to hear Noah is still doing so

well! Tomorrow is YOUR day!

>

> Feeling giddy right now and had to share my happiness. Tomorrow will

be my 50th birthday, and I get to celebrate my son's great progress in

managing his OCD.

and even getting ahead in his homework, getting great grades, and

Guest guest

Happy Birthday!! And really glad to hear Noah is still doing so

well! Tomorrow is YOUR day!

>

managing his OCD.

Guest guest

That is fantastic news about Noah! What an amazing turn-around. Here's to a

great school year. Congrats to you all - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mom!

Sinead

good news

Feeling giddy right now and had to share my happiness. Tomorrow will be my 50th

Honestly, this is about the best birthday present I could ask for. We should all

------------ --------- --------- ---

Guest guest

That is fantastic news about Noah! What an amazing turn-around. Here's to a

great school year. Congrats to you all - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mom!

Sinead

good news

Feeling giddy right now and had to share my happiness. Tomorrow will be my 50th

------------ --------- --------- ---

Guest guest

CONGRATULATIONS It is so good to hear of your sons accomplishments,

it has been a long road for you and him and your family!

Congratulations to you for hanging in there! And it is good to hear

of a residential program that can be helpful!! Enjoy your birthday!

cathy in MA

>

will be my 50th birthday, and I get to celebrate my son's great

progress in managing his OCD.

> Three weeks into school, Noah is doing great. He is keeping up

with and even getting ahead in his homework, getting great grades,

and maintaining his social life. He came home today and told me he

declared his intention to run for Secretary of the Student Council.

He's also diligent in doing his OCD therapy work, with a little

reminder here and there.

>

We should all come to see our children succeed in OCD management

and in their lives.

>

>

>

>

story.

>

>

Guest guest

Happy Birthday, . The big 5-0. That's coming for me in a few

years too. Great news about Noah. So glad he is doing well.

BJ

>

managing his OCD.

maintaining his social life. He came home today and told me he

declared his intention to run for Secretary of the Student Council.

He's also diligent in doing his OCD therapy work, with a little

reminder here and there.

>

We should all come to see our children succeed in OCD management and

in their lives.

>

>

>

>

> Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.

>

>