RemedySpot.com

potassium

Rate this topic

Guest guest

So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymand@... wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymand@... wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

Swelling = too much salt.CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:43 AM, moseleymand@... wrote:Unless I maybe had too much sodium yesterday ..and then eating a little amount on top todayIs causing me problems...Praps this will balance out?My belly is swollen, eyes puffy, legs swollen (jeans are tight), belly swollen...Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.ukDate: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:04:53 +0000<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

Swelling = too much salt.CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:43 AM, moseleymand@... wrote:Unless I maybe had too much sodium yesterday ..and then eating a little amount on top todayIs causing me problems...Praps this will balance out?My belly is swollen, eyes puffy, legs swollen (jeans are tight), belly swollen...Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.ukDate: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:04:53 +0000<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :( I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:) I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do. I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair.. Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekend Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :( I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:) I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do. I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair.. Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekend Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

to get mg of sodium from grams you just mulitply by 1000. or move decimal place to right 3 spaces. Most dont need calculator to do this. Well maybe medical students do.So bread with .27 gm sodum has 270 mg. Or you can just set your daily DASH to 1.5 grams instead of 1500 mg.What ever floats your boat. Capesch?On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:36 PM, moseleymand@... wrote:Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :(I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:)I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do.I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair..Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekendSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

to get mg of sodium from grams you just mulitply by 1000. or move decimal place to right 3 spaces. Most dont need calculator to do this. Well maybe medical students do.So bread with .27 gm sodum has 270 mg. Or you can just set your daily DASH to 1.5 grams instead of 1500 mg.What ever floats your boat. Capesch?On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:36 PM, moseleymand@... wrote:Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :(I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:)I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do.I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair..Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekendSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

I do not know about this dash diet or anything but I know for me I can't even eat bread. Bread, most dairy products, butter, most packaged foods, all fast food, all canned food, etc has way too much sodium for me. I have been eating less than about 325 mg a meal by eating mostly fresh foods and foods with low or no sodium - have to look at all packages. I also eat tons of fruit and other foods high in potassium. You might have to follow your own low sodium diet to make it work for you.

Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol

Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) -

I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)

the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :

Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the case

Weight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)

Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)

Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)

Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not bad

Nausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)

Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)

Irritability - thats me lately

Depression - feeling rather depressed lately off and on

Acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:

Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg pain

Severe vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NO

Low blood pressure

Loss of consciousness - NO

High potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)

In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8)

surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!

ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test

No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.

I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.

Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank You,

Farah

I do not know about this dash diet or anything but I know for me I can't even eat bread. Bread, most dairy products, butter, most packaged foods, all fast food, all canned food, etc has way too much sodium for me. I have been eating less than about 325 mg a meal by eating mostly fresh foods and foods with low or no sodium - have to look at all packages. I also eat tons of fruit and other foods high in potassium. You might have to follow your own low sodium diet to make it work for you.

Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) -

I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)

the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :

Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the case

Weight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)

Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)

Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)

Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not bad

Acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:

Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg pain

Low blood pressure

High potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)

In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8)

surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!

ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test

Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning?

Thank You,

Farah

Low blood pressure

Thank You,

Farah

Oh, thank you for explaining that, what a donut I am!!! That's easy to work out now and o can see I wasted a lot of my sodium just having the bread.It was thick sliced I suppose I need to read all the packets and get the lowest in salt :)Ha ha thanks what a wally ha ha..that's easy to work out ;)Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:29:11 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium to get mg of sodium from grams you just mulitply by 1000. or move decimal place to right 3 spaces. Most dont need calculator to do this. Well maybe medical students do.So bread with .27 gm sodum has 270 mg. Or you can just set your daily DASH to 1.5 grams instead of 1500 mg.What ever floats your boat. Capesch?On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:36 PM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :(I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:)I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do.I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair..Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekendSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

Oh, thank you for explaining that, what a donut I am!!! That's easy to work out now and o can see I wasted a lot of my sodium just having the bread.It was thick sliced I suppose I need to read all the packets and get the lowest in salt :)Ha ha thanks what a wally ha ha..that's easy to work out ;)Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:29:11 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium to get mg of sodium from grams you just mulitply by 1000. or move decimal place to right 3 spaces. Most dont need calculator to do this. Well maybe medical students do.So bread with .27 gm sodum has 270 mg. Or you can just set your daily DASH to 1.5 grams instead of 1500 mg.What ever floats your boat. Capesch?On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:36 PM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :(I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:)I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do.I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair..Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekendSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

Thanks ,Yes, I've got a feeling Iam going to have that problem too.I'm not good with milk, butter and loads but I just want to try it with the exact amount of sodium as it would be nice to have whole wheat bagel etc would make it easier to sticlk to diet. I crave bread so badly and its easier to take with me if I have to go out for a while and stay on diet! what do you eat for carbs? Do you have any? I know I feel better without any but once sodium is right it would be good to have some for energy / fibre?Do u just have potatoes?If this dash don't work as I've got other tolerances apart from salt, ill be doing your diet I think!!Thanks for that, hope your okay.Not long until your appointment is it? Iam sure u said march?I am going into barts on the 29th march would have bee good to meet u for a coffee!I'm just going to have poached egg with butter beans this morning, quite a nice breakfast no salt apart from natural occurring in the egg.Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: " Stone" <astone312@...>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 18:02:16 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium I do not know about this dash diet or anything but I know for me I can't even eat bread. Bread, most dairy products, butter, most packaged foods, all fast food, all canned food, etc has way too much sodium for me. I have been eating less than about 325 mg a meal by eating mostly fresh foods and foods with low or no sodium - have to look at all packages. I also eat tons of fruit and other foods high in potassium. You might have to follow your own low sodium diet to make it work for you. Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

Thanks ,Yes, I've got a feeling Iam going to have that problem too.I'm not good with milk, butter and loads but I just want to try it with the exact amount of sodium as it would be nice to have whole wheat bagel etc would make it easier to sticlk to diet. I crave bread so badly and its easier to take with me if I have to go out for a while and stay on diet! what do you eat for carbs? Do you have any? I know I feel better without any but once sodium is right it would be good to have some for energy / fibre?Do u just have potatoes?If this dash don't work as I've got other tolerances apart from salt, ill be doing your diet I think!!Thanks for that, hope your okay.Not long until your appointment is it? Iam sure u said march?I am going into barts on the 29th march would have bee good to meet u for a coffee!I'm just going to have poached egg with butter beans this morning, quite a nice breakfast no salt apart from natural occurring in the egg.Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: " Stone" <astone312@...>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 18:02:16 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium I do not know about this dash diet or anything but I know for me I can't even eat bread. Bread, most dairy products, butter, most packaged foods, all fast food, all canned food, etc has way too much sodium for me. I have been eating less than about 325 mg a meal by eating mostly fresh foods and foods with low or no sodium - have to look at all packages. I also eat tons of fruit and other foods high in potassium. You might have to follow your own low sodium diet to make it work for you. Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

Capesch lol ;)Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:29:11 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium to get mg of sodium from grams you just mulitply by 1000. or move decimal place to right 3 spaces. Most dont need calculator to do this. Well maybe medical students do.So bread with .27 gm sodum has 270 mg. Or you can just set your daily DASH to 1.5 grams instead of 1500 mg.What ever floats your boat. Capesch?On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:36 PM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :(I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:)I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do.I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair..Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekendSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

Capesch lol ;)Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:29:11 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium to get mg of sodium from grams you just mulitply by 1000. or move decimal place to right 3 spaces. Most dont need calculator to do this. Well maybe medical students do.So bread with .27 gm sodum has 270 mg. Or you can just set your daily DASH to 1.5 grams instead of 1500 mg.What ever floats your boat. Capesch?On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:36 PM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :(I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:)I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do.I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair..Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekendSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

My boat don't float these days :(!!! Ha ha..I'm a sinking ship ha ha Thanks that's much easier! I've booked marked your message to refer to in the shops until I've got the hang of it..Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:29:11 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium to get mg of sodium from grams you just mulitply by 1000. or move decimal place to right 3 spaces. Most dont need calculator to do this. Well maybe medical students do.So bread with .27 gm sodum has 270 mg. Or you can just set your daily DASH to 1.5 grams instead of 1500 mg.What ever floats your boat. Capesch?On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:36 PM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :(I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:)I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do.I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair..Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekendSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

My boat don't float these days :(!!! Ha ha..I'm a sinking ship ha ha Thanks that's much easier! I've booked marked your message to refer to in the shops until I've got the hang of it..Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:29:11 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium to get mg of sodium from grams you just mulitply by 1000. or move decimal place to right 3 spaces. Most dont need calculator to do this. Well maybe medical students do.So bread with .27 gm sodum has 270 mg. Or you can just set your daily DASH to 1.5 grams instead of 1500 mg.What ever floats your boat. Capesch?On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:36 PM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :(I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:)I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do.I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair..Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekendSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

When I saw pharmacist about antibiotics, she asked me if I've been on steriods?Due to how thin my skin is..Would pa thin my skin? I know that its a sign of cushings as a consultant said I have all the symptoms but didn't look it (then).I wondered if maybe its due to: *poor diet* not absorbing nutrients due to candidas (from poor immune system due to PA).* Combined with massive dehydration..My elbows, knuckles, knees are red and the bones look like they are going to rip my skin. Its all wrinkly n horrible like crepe paper, bruises on my hands etc .hope this gets better it does get me downAlso my bones hurt in my feet, mt toes are changing shape and curling under, elbows, my hips but worse on the right side especially when my muscle spasms up in my glute.Tc, have a nice dayI'm just a raggy doll!Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: moseleymand@...Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:10:10 +0000<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium

My boat don't float these days :(!!! Ha ha..I'm a sinking ship ha ha Thanks that's much easier! I've booked marked your message to refer to in the shops until I've got the hang of it..Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:29:11 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium to get mg of sodium from grams you just mulitply by 1000. or move decimal place to right 3 spaces. Most dont need calculator to do this. Well maybe medical students do.So bread with .27 gm sodum has 270 mg. Or you can just set your daily DASH to 1.5 grams instead of 1500 mg.What ever floats your boat. Capesch?On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:36 PM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :(I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:)I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do.I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair..Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekendSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

When I saw pharmacist about antibiotics, she asked me if I've been on steriods?Due to how thin my skin is..Would pa thin my skin? I know that its a sign of cushings as a consultant said I have all the symptoms but didn't look it (then).I wondered if maybe its due to: *poor diet* not absorbing nutrients due to candidas (from poor immune system due to PA).* Combined with massive dehydration..My elbows, knuckles, knees are red and the bones look like they are going to rip my skin. Its all wrinkly n horrible like crepe paper, bruises on my hands etc .hope this gets better it does get me downAlso my bones hurt in my feet, mt toes are changing shape and curling under, elbows, my hips but worse on the right side especially when my muscle spasms up in my glute.Tc, have a nice dayI'm just a raggy doll!Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: moseleymand@...Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:10:10 +0000<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium

My boat don't float these days :(!!! Ha ha..I'm a sinking ship ha ha Thanks that's much easier! I've booked marked your message to refer to in the shops until I've got the hang of it..Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:29:11 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium to get mg of sodium from grams you just mulitply by 1000. or move decimal place to right 3 spaces. Most dont need calculator to do this. Well maybe medical students do.So bread with .27 gm sodum has 270 mg. Or you can just set your daily DASH to 1.5 grams instead of 1500 mg.What ever floats your boat. Capesch?On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:36 PM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :(I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:)I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do.I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair..Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekendSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

I'm doing it exactly now with salt but I have a question:If I had addisons and had high potassium and low sodium, and I followed a diet very low in potassium and high in salt would I end up with the results I have:High sodium / low potassium?I guess this diet will give me the answer.The occassions I've been very bad like when I had salad I had bacon and avacardo bacon - high salt avacardo - high potassium Salted nuts - high sodiumHigh potassium I nutsI've had white bread and its not affected me as much as whole wheat bread, my diet is very low in potassium. s and AI patients who I know, have said they swell with too much salt aswell especially salt in foods/refined salt...I'm not being rude or doubting your expertise or your kind nature helping :) I can see why I could have PA but just wondering about this. KrMandySent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: moseleymand@...Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:05:33 +0000<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium

Capesch lol ;)Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:29:11 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium to get mg of sodium from grams you just mulitply by 1000. or move decimal place to right 3 spaces. Most dont need calculator to do this. Well maybe medical students do.So bread with .27 gm sodum has 270 mg. Or you can just set your daily DASH to 1.5 grams instead of 1500 mg.What ever floats your boat. Capesch?On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:36 PM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :(I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:)I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do.I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair..Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekendSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah

I'm doing it exactly now with salt but I have a question:If I had addisons and had high potassium and low sodium, and I followed a diet very low in potassium and high in salt would I end up with the results I have:High sodium / low potassium?I guess this diet will give me the answer.The occassions I've been very bad like when I had salad I had bacon and avacardo bacon - high salt avacardo - high potassium Salted nuts - high sodiumHigh potassium I nutsI've had white bread and its not affected me as much as whole wheat bread, my diet is very low in potassium. s and AI patients who I know, have said they swell with too much salt aswell especially salt in foods/refined salt...I'm not being rude or doubting your expertise or your kind nature helping :) I can see why I could have PA but just wondering about this. KrMandySent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: moseleymand@...Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:05:33 +0000<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium

Capesch lol ;)Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:29:11 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium to get mg of sodium from grams you just mulitply by 1000. or move decimal place to right 3 spaces. Most dont need calculator to do this. Well maybe medical students do.So bread with .27 gm sodum has 270 mg. Or you can just set your daily DASH to 1.5 grams instead of 1500 mg.What ever floats your boat. Capesch?On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:36 PM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:Oh, I don't understand. The dash said a slice of whole wheat bread, low salt marg, banana, fat free milk..If I am being really thick iam embarrassed and sorry :(I'm not great at the conversions.Most foods have the sodium in grams 0.01g I don't want to make my self look stupid on here but I have to be honest I m not good at converting it to milligrams.I've tried to use online conversion calculators but my phone doesn't seem to like me doing it. I definitely have a problem with milk a swell. So may have to avoid that and instead of bread have rice / potatoe / oats.I was very hot, anxious, heart pounding/ fast, bad mood, fluid in my legs, droopy face etc and really really nauseous, fatigued...another great saturday night on my own feeling ruffmm..I'm 33 going 83...:)I thought I could just have what they say on the diet (not need to worry if I followed it). It also said to have 3/4 cup of shredded wheat.I have got a very bad infection walk in doc has given me antibiotics but his not sure if fungal or bv! I don't have a partner but pharmacist said fungal infections can progress to bv if not treated. I've got bad belly ache n don't feel well with that aswell! God knows!!. Last time I took antibiotics, the same pesseries I ended up having dioreah and then in A and E and in a ward for a week as they said infection was so bad. Tests were showing I had pancreitis!! (high amylase) took me off antibiotics and it calmed down..so I don't know what to do.I'm going to go back and get them to do a swab, I can't afford to get prescriptions and use them on the off chance it may work, its not fair..Bit fed up with it all. Mollasses I just thought the extra potassium was a good thing :( ill stop then..Hope your well, have a nice weekendSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2mac>Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:09:45 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: potassium So with your breakfast you have used up nearly 1/3 of your salt needs for the day. What is the molasses for? If you are DASHing you will not need this as you will get plenty of K in DASH.Hang on for another day or so. CE Grim MDOn Feb 27, 2010, at 3:04 AM, moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk wrote:HiOkay, I've got up this morning looking forward to starting diet.I've had one slice of whole wheat bread, tiny amount of low salt marg (bread 0.27g sodium) 1 bananaI cup of tea with 0 fat milkStarted feeling very anxious, sick, irritable, belly bloatedHad a cup of black tea thought perhaps its the milk (I normally have problems with milk).Was okay after 20 mins...Then thought I'd have a black decafe coffee ( 0.1g sodium)with one teaspoon of black strap mollassess:Now clenching teeth, anxious, nausea heart is racing, face is worse on right side...I suppose I need to give it a couple of days if I am retaining potassium? Thank youMaybe it will take a day or so to start to adjust?Its just this reaction was straight after having mollassess .Is there a period of feeling worse before you get better?! Sorry if I am jumping the gun to quickly?Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Farah Rahbar <farahbargmail>Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:44:42 -0800<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Dr. Grim a question for you on low cortisol Dr. Grim:I've been feeling quite exhausted lately. I thought that perhaps I have hypothyroid in added to my PA.As it turns out my cortisol is rather quite low, meaning 2.1(normal according to the lab is 4.0 - 22.0) - I am currently on 75mgs Aldactone for the past 4 yrs and 1000 vitamind D (for the past yr)the reason I went to the doctor is because in the past month suddenly been experiencing a lot of exhaustion and fatigue and sudden weight gain. Today I looked at low cortisol symptoms on mayo clinic site that pretty much it appears thats what I have -all of the following symptoms- which I am pasting from mayo clinic's symptoms for low cortisol :Muscle weakness and fatigue, my muscles are hurting so much, I was blaming it on low K but its not the caseWeight loss and decreased appetite - (except I have gained weight tremendously suddenly from 115 lbs to 123 in just a month)Low blood pressure, even fainting (my bp has been under 120/80 consistently, feeling very tired, exhausted)Salt craving (I have to search my cupboards for salty things or craving bread which I usually dont eat)Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), my 2 hour test was 89 after drinking the syrup so that not badNausea, diarrhea or vomiting (been feeling nausea off and on)Muscle or joint pains (a lot of it, lots and lots)Irritability - thats me latelyDepression - feeling rather depressed lately off and onAcute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis)Sometimes, however, the signs and symptoms of 's disease may appear suddenly. In acute adrenal failure (addisonian crisis), the signs and symptoms may also include:Pain in your lower back, abdomen or legs - no back pain but some abdomen and leg painSevere vomiting and diarrhea, leading to dehydration NOLow blood pressureLoss of consciousness - NOHigh potassium (hyperkalemia) - My current K is rather higher than its ever been but still within range 4.7 (reference range is 3.5 - 5.3)In fact due to all these symptoms and weight gain I was sure that my thyroid was acting up but according to the lab results my thyroid is quite within normal range - TSH, 2.03(reference range 0.40 - 4.50), Thyroxine Free .9 (reference range 0.8-1.8) surprisingly my cortisol is quite low at 2.1 taken at 8.30 am(normal for this time should be 4.0-22). I thought us PA people usually have higher cortisol!!ACTH is 6 (normal range 6-40), I had to take one Dex pill at 11:00 pm the night before taking the blood test No adrenalectomy as I've been diagnosed with hyperplasia.I am yet to see my endo next week to discuss the lab result.Does anyone else have same kind of symptoms and PA all together? this is my first experience with it after taking Aldactone for the past 4 years. could this mean that one of my adrenal glands may be failing or not functioning? I appreciate any suggestions.Thank You,Farah