RemedySpot.com

Re: Absolute must read about iodine dosing & thyroid

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

build it up slowly

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Pamela Olson <pamela.olson@...> wrote:

So, you are saying that the iodine at 200mg for a three week period DID/wil cure the candida?  Is that correct?

Pam

Well that treatment dosage is 200 mg of Lugol's and I know that the doctor I referred to does not dose Iodoral that high. Especially without keeping an eye on thyroid by testing. That amount of iodine every day affects other hormonal systems in the body as well and I know I would never blindly dose myself with that much for whatever reason without being under a doctor's care.

Her testing pre/post iodine using stool tests showed no effect on Candida. Tests did show results using a 6 week treatment of ProEnt2 Plus at 4 a day as previously mentioned.People have detox symptoms with 12.5 mg so I can just imagine what would happen to someone that decided to jump right into that 200 mg protocol.

I read posts all the time about people saying iodine eliminates candida but tests prove that " blanket " statement is not true. And you didn't specify an amount in your simple statement either: " lugol treatment can kill candida which has a role to play in the leaky

gut. " Maybe you should have actually said, " 200 mg a day of Lugol's for 3 weeks kills candida. "

Dianne>

> *COMMENT by WALTER LAST* > According to my experience and understanding the greatest benefit of high> iodine intake is its effectiveness in killing Candida and other fungi and> microbes. This may also be a reason for its effectiveness with breast cancer

> and ovarian cysts. The secret of this success may be the fact that both> iodine and fungi have an affinity for the mucous membranes. By keeping the> mucous membranes healthy iodine greatly helps to overcome autoimmune

> diseases, sinus problems, asthma, lung cancer, and other lung problems, and> also intestinal diseases, including inflammatory conditions and cancers.> > The common use of iodine as an antimicrobial agent is 4 x 6 to 8 drops of

> Lugol's solution for 3 weeks, see the Ultimate> Cleanse<http://www.health- science-spirit. com/ultimateclea nse.html>(

> www.health-science- spirit.com/ ultimatecleanse. html). However, the FDA> recently banned Lugol's solution, but in the US you can still obtain Iodoral

> (iodine tablets) and a 2% iodine solution and take five times as many drops> as stated for Lugol's solution, but make sure you use a water-based> solution, not iodine in alcohol. In Australia you can obtain

> Lugol'ssolution from

> www.strideintohealt h.com. > > from this site> and i know a person who did it and it worked very good> >

Guest guest

However, iodine does heal the gut. The intestinal tract uses iodine/iodide

directly and will function better once it has access to it. --

At 07:33 AM 4/12/2010, you wrote:

>That's why Iodoral works better. The silica in the pill helps get it

>lower in the gut to avoid irritation.

>

>Steph

>

>

> Re: Absolute must read about iodine dosing & thyroid

>

>

>

>I understand the necessity for iodine in a healthy body, and all of the

>good things it can do. But it doesn't heal the gut, right? If you have

>leaky gut syndrome, undigested food, bacteria, etc. get into the

>bloodstream, and this would contribute to auto-immune issues - the immune

>system attacking proteins. Is that basically the idea? In fact Lugols

>could be quite irritating to the gut lining from what I understand.

>

>

>

>

>

>No virus found in this incoming message.

>Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

>Version: 9.0.801 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2805 - Release Date: 04/11/10

>13:32:00

>

~~~ There is no way to peace; peace is the way ~~~~

--A.J. Muste

Guest guest

who is that doctor?

gracia

Dianne wrote:

>

> The doctor that runs the Hormone and Health...Naturally group

> routinely tests and retests patients that are on iodoral and her

> testing results show that iodine has no effect on candida at all.

>

> Dianne

>

>

> >

> > lugol treatment can kill candida which has a role to play in the

> leaky gut.

>

>

Guest guest

I am on 50 mg now how slowly should I go. Once up to 200mg I do this for 3 weeks. This will cure my candida?

Well that treatment dosage is 200 mg of Lugol's and I know that the doctor I referred to does not dose Iodoral that high. Especially without keeping an eye on thyroid by testing. That amount of iodine every day affects other hormonal systems in the body as well and I know I would never blindly dose myself with that much for whatever reason without being under a doctor's care. Her testing pre/post iodine using stool tests showed no effect on Candida. Tests did show results using a 6 week treatment of ProEnt2 Plus at 4 a day as previously mentioned.People have detox symptoms with 12.5 mg so I can just imagine what would happen to someone that decided to jump right into that 200 mg protocol. I read posts all the time about people saying iodine eliminates candida but tests prove that "blanket" statement is not true. And you didn't specify an amount in your simple statement either: "lugol treatment can kill candida which

has a role to play in the leakygut." Maybe you should have actually said, "200 mg a day of Lugol's for 3 weeks kills candida."

Dianne>> *COMMENT by WALTER LAST* > According to my experience and understanding the greatest benefit of high> iodine intake is its effectiveness in killing Candida and other fungi and> microbes. This may also be a reason for its effectiveness with breast cancer> and ovarian cysts. The secret of this success may be the fact that both> iodine and fungi have an affinity for the mucous membranes. By keeping the> mucous membranes healthy iodine greatly helps to overcome autoimmune> diseases, sinus problems, asthma, lung cancer, and other lung problems, and> also intestinal diseases, including inflammatory conditions and cancers.> > The common use of iodine as an antimicrobial agent is 4 x 6 to 8 drops of> Lugol's solution for 3 weeks, see the Ultimate> Cleanse<http://www.health- science-spirit.

com/ultimateclea nse.html>(

> www.health-science- spirit.com/ ultimatecleanse. html). However, the FDA> recently banned Lugol's solution, but in the US you can still obtain Iodoral> (iodine tablets) and a 2% iodine solution and take five times as many drops> as stated for Lugol's solution, but make sure you use a water-based> solution, not iodine in alcohol. In Australia you can obtain> Lugol'ssolution from

> www.strideintohealt h.com. > > from this site> and i know a person who did it and it worked very good> >

Guest guest

Thank you, what article are you referring to?

Well that treatment dosage is 200 mg of Lugol's and I know that the doctor I referred to does not dose Iodoral that high. Especially without keeping an eye on thyroid by testing. That amount of iodine every day affects other hormonal systems in the body as well and I know I would never blindly dose myself with that much for whatever reason without being under a doctor's care. Her testing pre/post iodine using stool tests showed no effect on Candida. Tests did show results using a 6 week treatment of ProEnt2 Plus at 4 a day as previously mentioned.People have detox symptoms with 12.5 mg so I can just imagine what would happen to someone that decided to jump right into that 200 mg protocol. I read posts all the time about people saying iodine eliminates candida but tests prove that "blanket" statement is not true. And you didn't specify an amount in your simple statement either: "lugol treatment can kill candida which

has a role to play in the leakygut." Maybe you should have actually said, "200 mg a day of Lugol's for 3 weeks kills candida."

Dianne>> *COMMENT by WALTER LAST* > According to my experience and understanding the greatest benefit of high> iodine intake is its effectiveness in killing Candida and other fungi and> microbes. This may also be a reason for its effectiveness with breast cancer> and ovarian cysts. The secret of this success may be the fact that both> iodine and fungi have an affinity for the mucous membranes. By keeping the> mucous membranes healthy iodine greatly helps to overcome autoimmune> diseases, sinus problems, asthma, lung cancer, and other lung problems, and> also intestinal diseases, including inflammatory conditions and cancers.> > The common use of iodine as an antimicrobial agent is 4 x 6 to 8 drops of> Lugol's solution for 3 weeks, see the Ultimate> Cleanse<http://www.health- science-spirit.

com/ultimateclea nse.html>(

> www.health-science- spirit.com/ ultimatecleanse. html). However, the FDA> recently banned Lugol's solution, but in the US you can still obtain Iodoral> (iodine tablets) and a 2% iodine solution and take five times as many drops> as stated for Lugol's solution, but make sure you use a water-based> solution, not iodine in alcohol. In Australia you can obtain> Lugol'ssolution from

Guest guest

That group is run by someone called " Pat " but no one has been able to find

out what credentials he/she holds because that is something that is never

shared. I spent some time on that group and got frustrated not knowing

anything about the person giving out advice. It makes you question the

value of the group.

Re: Re: Absolute must read about iodine dosing & thyroid

> who is that doctor?

> gracia

>

> Dianne wrote:

>>

>> The doctor that runs the Hormone and Health...Naturally group

>> routinely tests and retests patients that are on iodoral and her

>> testing results show that iodine has no effect on candida at all.

>>

>> Dianne

>>

>>

>> >

>> > lugol treatment can kill candida which has a role to play in the

>> leaky gut.

>>

>>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> IodineOT/

>

>

> Commonly asked questions: http://tinyurl.com/yhnds5e

Guest guest

this is the guy, not a doctor.

http://www.the-heal-yourself-series.com/TheWalterLastStory.html

if you came to 50 with no big problems .i will raise it quickly.25 or so every day.

if it went difficult with much detox,then i will go slowly.6.25 evey day extra.

nothing is sure,but i think it is worth trying.

you can try also to contact walter last.

success

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Pamela Olson <pamela.olson@...> wrote:

I am on 50 mg now how slowly should I go.  Once up to 200mg I do this for 3 weeks.  This will cure my candida?

Well that treatment dosage is 200 mg of Lugol's and I know that the doctor I referred to does not dose Iodoral that high. Especially without keeping an eye on thyroid by testing. That amount of iodine every day affects other hormonal systems in the body as well and I know I would never blindly dose myself with that much for whatever reason without being under a doctor's care.

Her testing pre/post iodine using stool tests showed no effect on Candida. Tests did show results using a 6 week treatment of ProEnt2 Plus at 4 a day as previously mentioned.People have detox symptoms with 12.5 mg so I can just imagine what would happen to someone that decided to jump right into that 200 mg protocol.

I read posts all the time about people saying iodine eliminates candida but tests prove that " blanket " statement is not true. And you didn't specify an amount in your simple statement either: " lugol treatment can kill candida which has a role to play in the leaky

gut. " Maybe you should have actually said, " 200 mg a day of Lugol's for 3 weeks kills candida. "

Dianne

>

> *COMMENT by WALTER LAST* > According to my experience and understanding the greatest benefit of high> iodine intake is its effectiveness in killing Candida and other fungi and> microbes. This may also be a reason for its effectiveness with breast cancer

> and ovarian cysts. The secret of this success may be the fact that both> iodine and fungi have an affinity for the mucous membranes. By keeping the> mucous membranes healthy iodine greatly helps to overcome autoimmune

> diseases, sinus problems, asthma, lung cancer, and other lung problems, and> also intestinal diseases, including inflammatory conditions and cancers.> > The common use of iodine as an antimicrobial agent is 4 x 6 to 8 drops of

> Lugol's solution for 3 weeks, see the Ultimate

> Cleanse<http://www.health- science-spirit. com/ultimateclea nse.html>(

> www.health-science- spirit.com/ ultimatecleanse. html). However, the FDA> recently banned Lugol's solution, but in the US you can still obtain Iodoral

> (iodine tablets) and a 2% iodine solution and take five times as many drops> as stated for Lugol's solution, but make sure you use a water-based> solution, not iodine in alcohol. In Australia you can obtain

> Lugol'ssolution from

Guest guest

First, your friend was not tested for candida, so claiming confirmed candida overgrowth based on sugar cravings is a false assumption. Secondly, anybody who's gone low-carb knows that once you've been off sugar for a few days, the sugar cravings go away because the blood sugar levels become stable. And let's not discount the placebo effect either.This reminds me of a woman who worked in a fish store who claimed that a certain raw fish (can't remember which) killed her cat. Upon further inquiry, I found out that she had fed this raw fish to her cat, and she found the cat dead the next day. She associated the two events, but association is not causation. Her cat could have been killed by a car.I'm not saying iodine didn't kill the candida. I'm saying your anecdotal information provides no proof.Joannewww.joanneunleashed.comOn Apr 12, 2010, at 11:41 AM, iodine wrote:yes,that is my experience .a friend had terrible craving for sugars which ibelieve is a possible a sign of candida.she did the cure and the craving wasover.she is doing at the same time low carb diet,but that was not enough.

Guest guest

this is the article

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/iodine.html

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Pamela Olson <pamela.olson@...> wrote:

Thank you, what article are you referring to?

Dianne>

> Lugol's solution for 3 weeks, see the Ultimate> Cleanse<http://www.health- science-spirit. com/ultimateclea nse.html>(

> Lugol'ssolution from

Guest guest

, do you have ay scientific studies you could point me to to validate this statement?Joannewww.joanneunleashed.comOn Apr 12, 2010, at 11:41 AM, iodine wrote:However, iodine does heal the gut. The intestinal tract uses iodine/iodide directly and will function better once it has access to it. --

Guest guest

Secondly, anybody who's gone low-carb knows that once you've been off sugar for a few days, the sugar cravings go away because the blood sugar levels become stable

that is not true

..people with serotonine shortage cannot get off carb even if they have stopped for few days.

candida produces toxins that you crave carb and sugar

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Joanne <jojo@...> wrote:

, do you have ay scientific studies you could point me to to validate this statement?

Joanne

www.joanneunleashed.com

On Apr 12, 2010, at 11:41 AM, iodine wrote:

However, iodine does heal the gut. The intestinal tract uses iodine/iodide 

directly and will function better once it has access to it. --

Guest guest

Hi Dianne,

We have treated candida in our family for 18 years now, and no

doctor has ever done a stool test. How would that show candida?

Donna in IL

iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of Dianne

Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 8:28 AM

iodine

Subject: Re: Absolute must read about iodine dosing &

thyroid

Well that treatment dosage is 200 mg of Lugol's

and I know that the doctor I referred to does not dose Iodoral that high.

Especially without keeping an eye on thyroid by testing. That amount of iodine

every day affects other hormonal systems in the body as well and I know I would

never blindly dose myself with that much for whatever reason without being

under a doctor's care.

Her testing pre/post iodine using stool tests showed no effect on Candida.

Tests did show results using a 6 week treatment of ProEnt2 Plus at 4 a day as

previously mentioned.

People have detox symptoms with 12.5 mg so I can just imagine what would happen

to someone that decided to jump right into that 200 mg protocol.

I read posts all the time about people saying iodine eliminates candida but

tests prove that " blanket " statement is not true. And you didn't

specify an amount in your simple statement either: " lugol treatment can

kill candida which has a role to play in the leaky

gut. " Maybe you should have actually said, " 200 mg a day of Lugol's

for 3 weeks kills candida. "

Dianne

>

> *COMMENT by WALTER LAST*

> According to my experience and understanding the greatest benefit of high

> iodine intake is its effectiveness in killing Candida and other fungi and

> microbes. This may also be a reason for its effectiveness with breast

cancer

> and ovarian cysts. The secret of this success may be the fact that both

> iodine and fungi have an affinity for the mucous membranes. By keeping the

> mucous membranes healthy iodine greatly helps to overcome autoimmune

> diseases, sinus problems, asthma, lung cancer, and other lung problems,

and

> also intestinal diseases, including inflammatory conditions and cancers.

>

> The common use of iodine as an antimicrobial agent is 4 x 6 to 8 drops of

> Lugol's solution for 3 weeks, see the Ultimate

> Cleanse<http://www.health-science-spirit.com/ultimatecleanse.html>(

> www.health-science-spirit.com/ultimatecleanse.html). However, the FDA

> recently banned Lugol's solution, but in the US you can still obtain

Iodoral

> (iodine tablets) and a 2% iodine solution and take five times as many

drops

> as stated for Lugol's solution, but make sure you use a water-based

> solution, not iodine in alcohol. In Australia you can obtain

> Lugol'ssolution from

> www.strideintohealth.com.

>

> from this site

> and i know a person who did it and it worked very good

>

>

Guest guest

You used the iodine at 200mg for three weeks to treat Candida? Is that correct? Did you have any detox problems?

Pam

From: Donna Iler <Donna@...>Subject: RE: Re: Absolute must read about iodine dosing & thyroid"iodine " <iodine >Date: Monday, April 12, 2010, 12:20 PM

Hi Dianne,

We have treated candida in our family for 18 years now, and no doctor has ever done a stool test. How would that show candida?

Donna in IL

From: iodinegroups (DOT) com [mailto:iodine] On Behalf Of DianneSent: Monday, April 12, 2010 8:28 AMiodinegroups (DOT) comSubject: Re: Absolute must read about iodine dosing & thyroid

Well that treatment dosage is 200 mg of Lugol's and I know that the doctor I referred to does not dose Iodoral that high. Especially without keeping an eye on thyroid by testing. That amount of iodine every day affects other hormonal systems in the body as well and I know I would never blindly dose myself with that much for whatever reason without being under a doctor's care. Her testing pre/post iodine using stool tests showed no effect on Candida. Tests did show results using a 6 week treatment of ProEnt2 Plus at 4 a day as previously mentioned.People have detox symptoms with 12.5 mg so I can just imagine what would happen to someone that decided to jump right into that 200 mg protocol. I read posts all the time about people saying iodine eliminates candida but tests prove that "blanket" statement is not true. And you didn't specify an amount in your simple statement either: "lugol treatment can kill candida which has a

role to play in the leakygut." Maybe you should have actually said, "200 mg a day of Lugol's for 3 weeks kills candida." Dianne>> *COMMENT by WALTER LAST*> According to my experience and understanding the greatest benefit of high> iodine intake is its effectiveness in killing Candida and other fungi and> microbes. This may also be a reason for its effectiveness with breast cancer> and ovarian cysts. The secret of this success may be the fact that both> iodine and fungi have an affinity for the mucous membranes. By keeping the> mucous membranes healthy iodine greatly helps to overcome autoimmune> diseases, sinus problems, asthma, lung cancer, and other

lung problems, and> also intestinal diseases, including inflammatory conditions and cancers.> > The common use of iodine as an antimicrobial agent is 4 x 6 to 8 drops of> Lugol's solution for 3 weeks, see the Ultimate> Cleanse<http://www.health- science-spirit. com/ultimateclea nse.html>(> www.health-science- spirit.com/ ultimatecleanse. html). However, the FDA> recently banned Lugol's solution, but in the US you can still obtain Iodoral> (iodine tablets) and a 2% iodine solution and take five times as many drops> as stated for Lugol's solution, but make sure you use a water-based> solution, not iodine in alcohol. In Australia you can obtain> Lugol'ssolution from> www.strideintohealt h.com.> > from this site> and i know a person who did it and it

worked very good> >

Guest guest

no detox at all.but my wife which did it works for years to improve her health.

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Pamela Olson <pamela.olson@...> wrote:

You used the iodine at 200mg for three weeks to treat Candida?  Is that correct?  Did you have any detox problems?

Pam

From: Donna Iler <Donna@...>Subject: RE: Re: Absolute must read about iodine dosing & thyroid " iodine " <iodine >

Date: Monday, April 12, 2010, 12:20 PM

Hi Dianne,

We have treated candida in our family for 18 years now, and no doctor has ever done a stool test. How would that show candida?

Donna in IL

From: iodinegroups (DOT) com [mailto:iodine] On Behalf Of Dianne

Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 8:28 AMiodinegroups (DOT) comSubject: Re: Absolute must read about iodine dosing & thyroid

gut. " Maybe you should have actually said, " 200 mg a day of Lugol's for 3 weeks kills candida. " Dianne

>> *COMMENT by WALTER LAST*> According to my experience and understanding the greatest benefit of high> iodine intake is its effectiveness in killing Candida and other fungi and> microbes. This may also be a reason for its effectiveness with breast cancer

> www.health-science- spirit.com/ ultimatecleanse. html). However, the FDA> recently banned Lugol's solution, but in the US you can still obtain Iodoral> (iodine tablets) and a 2% iodine solution and take five times as many drops

> as stated for Lugol's solution, but make sure you use a water-based> solution, not iodine in alcohol. In Australia you can obtain> Lugol'ssolution from> www.strideintohealt h.com.

> > from this site> and i know a person who did it and it worked very good> >

Guest guest

Thanks, Pam

From: Donna Iler <Donna@Master- Solutions. com>Subject: RE: Re: Absolute must read about iodine dosing & thyroid"iodinegroups (DOT) com" <iodinegroups (DOT) com>Date: Monday, April 12, 2010, 12:20 PM

Hi Dianne,

Donna in IL

From: iodinegroups (DOT) com [mailto:iodine] On Behalf Of DianneSent: Monday, April 12, 2010 8:28 AMiodinegroups (DOT) comSubject: Re: Absolute must read about iodine dosing & thyroid

Well that treatment dosage is 200 mg of Lugol's and I know that the doctor I referred to does not dose Iodoral that high. Especially without keeping an eye on thyroid by testing. That amount of iodine every day affects other hormonal systems in the body as well and I know I would never blindly dose myself with that much for whatever reason without being under a doctor's care. Her testing pre/post iodine using stool tests showed no effect on Candida. Tests did show results using a 6 week treatment of ProEnt2 Plus at 4 a day as previously mentioned.People have detox symptoms with 12.5 mg so I can just imagine what would happen to someone that decided to jump right into that 200 mg protocol. I read posts all the time about people saying iodine eliminates candida but tests prove that "blanket" statement is not true. And you didn't specify an amount in your simple statement either: "lugol treatment can kill candida which has a

role to play in the leakygut." Maybe you should have actually said, "200 mg a day of Lugol's for 3 weeks kills candida." Dianne>> *COMMENT by WALTER LAST*> According to my experience and understanding the greatest benefit of high> iodine intake is its effectiveness in killing Candida and other fungi and> microbes. This may also be a reason for its effectiveness with breast cancer> and ovarian cysts. The secret of this success may be the fact that both> iodine and fungi have an affinity for the mucous membranes. By keeping the> mucous membranes healthy iodine greatly helps to overcome autoimmune> diseases, sinus problems, asthma, lung cancer, and other lung problems, and> also

intestinal diseases, including inflammatory conditions and cancers.> > The common use of iodine as an antimicrobial agent is 4 x 6 to 8 drops of> Lugol's solution for 3 weeks, see the Ultimate> Cleanse<http://www.health- science-spirit. com/ultimateclea nse.html>(> www.health-science- spirit.com/ ultimatecleanse. html). However, the FDA> recently banned Lugol's solution, but in the US you can still obtain Iodoral> (iodine tablets) and a 2% iodine solution and take five times as many drops> as stated for Lugol's solution, but make sure you use a water-based> solution, not iodine in alcohol. In Australia you can obtain> Lugol'ssolution from> www.strideintohealt h.com.> > from this site> and i know a person who did it and it worked very good> >

Guest guest

All you need to do is read Dr B's book. Plus the reading material at

Optimox. It all talks about the various systems that use iodine. Sorry

you're so skeptical, but not my problem.

--

At 11:00 AM 4/12/2010, you wrote:

>, do you have ay scientific studies you could point me to to

>validate this statement?

>

>Joanne

><http://www.joanneunleashed.com>www.joanneunleashed.com

>

>

>On Apr 12, 2010, at 11:41 AM,

><mailto:iodine >iodine wrote:

>

>>However, iodine does heal the gut. The intestinal tract uses iodine/iodide

>>directly and will function better once it has access to it. --

--A.J. Muste

Guest guest

And furthermore, Joanne--

If you *had* read Dr B's book or the Optimox readings you would already

know this to be a fact about gut health and iodine, and you're on my case

for not watching a video you prefer, but you haven't read Dr B's book and

the Optimox readings which are central, basic texts in our understanding of

the iodine protocol? In addition, Steph said the same thing about iodine

helping gut health, but you choose to take *me* to task for the

statement. I would ask you to take a step back, please.

--

----------------------------------

All you need to do is read Dr B's book. Plus the reading material at

Optimox. It all talks about the various systems that use iodine. Sorry

you're so skeptical, but not my problem.

--

At 11:00 AM 4/12/2010, you wrote:

>, do you have ay scientific studies you could point me to to

>validate this statement?

>

>Joanne

>

>

>On Apr 12, 2010, at 11:41 AM,

>

>>However, iodine does heal the gut. The intestinal tract uses iodine/iodide

>>directly and will function better once it has access to it. --

--A.J. Muste

Guest guest

I find it one of the most valuable groups that I visit as far as information.

The info I have seen shared there seems very sound to me and in a lot of cases

is backed up by examples of testing done on her patients.

Just because she doesn't hang out her shingle and spell out her medical

background does not mean that she isn't legitimate. She is not " practicing " ,

just sharing her knowledge. She uses Diagnos Techs and treats based on saliva

testing and has hundreds of patient files to back up her findings and protocol

results.

There are " experts " on a lot of health forums with no experitise at all handing

out treatment advice and people follow their every word, even so far as to mega

dose on HC.

Not every group is for everybody so no problem if you don't care for it but I

have learned more there than anywhere else.

Dianne

>

> That group is run by someone called " Pat " but no one has been able to find

> out what credentials he/she holds because that is something that is never

> shared. I spent some time on that group and got frustrated not knowing

> anything about the person giving out advice. It makes you question the

> value of the group.

>

>

>

Guest guest

I can tell you that I have been on Iodoral 50-62.5 mg for 1-1/2 years and also

using coconut oil as well. If both of these are suppose to help kill

yeast/candida then they did not work for me because I had positive muscle

testing for yeast with the NAET treatments. I also would have cravings for

sweets. I have been undergoing the NAET (allergy elimination treatments) for

many months now and this past week had two treatments for yeast. I could tell

it worked because I felt very tired, almost hung over, bloated and constipated

from the die off. It could be that iodine alone might help someone kill yeast

if a person wasn't that ill. All I know is that my immune system is somewhat

compromised given the food allergies and high thyroid antibodies so I need more

help than just iodine and/or coconut oil. It seems the NAET treatments have

helped me the most as I have seen the most results from this treatment. I have

also been able to increase my iodine dosage from 50-62.5 mg after being treated

for iodine/minerals. I had to keep cutting back on my dosage prior to that. I

have to say that I am glad that at times the group has gone off topic because I

never would have found out about NAET if that didn't happen.

Laurie

>> > Dianne wrote:

> >>

> >> The doctor that runs the Hormone and Health...Naturally group

> >> routinely tests and retests patients that are on iodoral and her

> >> testing results show that iodine has no effect on candida at all.

> >>

> >> Dianne

> >>

> >>

> >> >

> >> > lugol treatment can kill candida which has a role to play in the

> >> leaky gut.

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> > IodineOT/

> >

> >

> > Commonly asked questions: http://tinyurl.com/yhnds5e

Guest guest

So you have read no scientific studies validating this claim. FYI, I have read Dr. B's iodine book. Don't be sorry that I'm "so" skeptical. I'm not.Joannewww.joanneunleashed.comOn Apr 12, 2010, at 1:37 PM, iodine wrote:All you need to do is read Dr B's book. Plus the reading material at Optimox. It all talks about the various systems that use iodine. Sorry you're so skeptical, but not my problem.--At 11:00 AM 4/12/2010, you wrote:>, do you have ay scientific studies you could point me to to >validate this statement?>>Joanne><http://www.joanneunleashed.com>www.joanneunleashed.com>>>On Apr 12, 2010, at 11:41 AM, ><mailto:iodine >iodine wrote:>>>However, iodine does heal the gut. The intestinal tract uses iodine/iodide>>directly and will function better once it has access to it. --

Guest guest

Diagnos Techs offers GI testing using stool samples for fungus/yeast as well as

oral and vaginal saliva swab testing.

As per the HormonesHealthy-Naturally forum:

HormonesandHealth-Naturally/message/9111

" Testing re candida should ideally include stool sample

plus oral and vaginal swabs as residual infection in any

one area will impair your health. All 3 are a available

via Diagnos-Techs.

The D-T yeast-fungal test covers all pathological

variants of yeast and fungus not just candida albicans

or just candida as some places do. As a result the test

via D-T is much more likely to detect a problem. "

Dianne

>

> Hi Dianne,

> We have treated candida in our family for 18 years now, and no doctor has ever

done a stool test. How would that show candida?

> Donna in IL

Guest guest

What is NAET?> >>> >> The doctor that runs the Hormone and Health...Naturally group> >> routinely tests and retests patients that are on iodoral and her> >> testing results show that iodine has no effect on candida at all.> >>> >> Dianne> >>> >> > >> >>

>> > lugol treatment can kill candida which has a role to play in the> >> leaky gut.> >>> >>> >> >> >> > ------------ --------- --------- ------> >> > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group > > http://health. groups.. com/group/ IodineOT/> >> >> > Commonly asked questions: http://tinyurl. com/yhnds5e

Guest guest

Joanne,

It's on the optimox site which is full of studies, and Dr B's book also

sources and footnotes-- you can do your own homework on this. You act as

if your imperious question about " scientific studies " has intrinsic factual

import, and you ignore the fact that Steph made the same statement.

When it comes to supplements, biological facts about how nutrients function

in the body are more important to me than " scientific studies " about

so-called efficacy since many " scientific studies " are totally rigged to

make findings against natural medicine and nutrition. Unless of course the

" scientific study " is being used by a BigPharma company to seize on and

patent vitamins. I don't know which " scientific study " is responsible for

iodine having been taken out of bread and replaced with bromines, but we

know for a fact that " study " was bogus.

So what I trust and go by are the biological facts. The biological facts

cut through the obfuscation that prevents doctors today from understanding

how important iodine is-- even Integrative Health MDs are scared of iodine,

which is flat out silly, if it weren't also so dangerous.

I think you have a bad attitude problem with me and I really wish you would

take it down a notch. We have real enemies of health in this world, and

I'm not one.

Thank you very much.

--

At 01:12 PM 4/12/2010, you wrote:

>So you have read no scientific studies validating this claim.

>

>FYI, I have read Dr. B's iodine book.

>

>Don't be sorry that I'm " so " skeptical. I'm not.

>

>Joanne

>

>

>On Apr 12, 2010, at 1:37 PM,

>

>>All you need to do is read Dr B's book. Plus the reading material at

>>Optimox. It all talks about the various systems that use iodine. Sorry

>>you're so skeptical, but not my problem.

>>

>>--

>>

>>At 11:00 AM 4/12/2010, you wrote:

>>

>> >, do you have ay scientific studies you could point me to to

>> >validate this statement?

>> >

>> >Joanne

>> ><<http://www.joanneunleashed.com/>http://www.joanneunleashed.com>www.joa

>> nneunleashed.com

>> >

>> >

>> >On Apr 12, 2010, at 11:41 AM,

>> ><mailto:iodine ><mailto:iodine%40>iodine@y

>> ahoogroups.com wrote:

>> >

>> >>However, iodine does heal the gut. The intestinal tract uses iodine/iodide

>> >>directly and will function better once it has access to it. --

>

>

>

>

>

>No virus found in this incoming message.

>Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

>Version: 9.0.801 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2806 - Release Date: 04/12/10

>01:32:00

--A.J. Muste

Guest guest

Hi Laurie!

I am glad you are seeing improvement after NAET for yeast. But

the NAET treatments would be for being allergic to yeast, having candida is a

different problem, and you can either one separately. Does that make sense?

Your NAET treatments are going to get rid of the allergy, but will not get rid

of candida overgrowth. You would have to treat that separately, and you are

correct that it might take more than iodine and coconut oil. We have had to do

more than that over the years.

Donna in IL

iodine [mailto:iodine ] On Behalf Of dalilah61

Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 1:05 PM

iodine

Subject: Re: Absolute must read about iodine dosing &

thyroid

I can tell you that I have been on Iodoral

50-62.5 mg for 1-1/2 years and also using coconut oil as well. If both of these

are suppose to help kill yeast/candida then they did not work for me because I

had positive muscle testing for yeast with the NAET treatments. I also would

have cravings for sweets. I have been undergoing the NAET (allergy elimination

treatments) for many months now and this past week had two treatments for

yeast. I could tell it worked because I felt very tired, almost hung over,

bloated and constipated from the die off. It could be that iodine alone might

help someone kill yeast if a person wasn't that ill. All I know is that my

immune system is somewhat compromised given the food allergies and high thyroid

antibodies so I need more help than just iodine and/or coconut oil. It seems

the NAET treatments have helped me the most as I have seen the most results

from this treatment. I have also been able to increase my iodine dosage from

50-62.5 mg after being treated for iodine/minerals. I had to keep cutting back

on my dosage prior to that. I have to say that I am glad that at times the

group has gone off topic because I never would have found out about NAET if

that didn't happen.

Laurie

>> > Dianne wrote:

> >>

> >> The doctor that runs the Hormone and Health...Naturally

group

> >> routinely tests and retests patients that are on iodoral and her

> >> testing results show that iodine has no effect on candida at all.

> >>

> >> Dianne

> >>

> >>

> >> >

> >> > lugol treatment can kill candida which has a role to play in

the

> >> leaky gut.

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > All off topic posts should go to the IodineOT group

> > IodineOT/

> >

> >

> > Commonly asked questions: http://tinyurl.com/yhnds5e

Guest guest

I agree sugar craving can come from other things

besides Candida, low adrenal function for example.

And I don't know it all, there could be other

things out there that can make you crave sugar.

Here's a whole page on cravings, but let me tell

you I've read other stuff elsewhere too. Like a

craving for chocolate is due to magnesium

deficiency especially if related to PMS, or too

low progesterone.

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/cravings/causes.htm

I can't begin to remember all the places I've read

about cravings. Most places agree on ice cravings

however, and that it's an iron deficiency. I would

hazard that it might be stretched as far as

including anything cold, if you crave stuff for

its' coldness you might need iron. But there could

be other things that make you crave ice as well.

Some people put nail biting down to parasites, and

that may well be the case, but I used to have a

horrible nail biting problem and when I started

taking extra minerals and vitamin supplements, and

my thyroid meds, with Iodine, the habit

disappeared. One day it dawned on me that I hadn't

been chewing my nails and I had no idea when that

happened.

Bethann

" The greatest enemy of knowledge is not

ignorance...it is the illusion of knowledge "

~ Hawking

Joanne wrote:

>

>

> First, your friend was not tested for candida, so claiming confirmed

> candida overgrowth based on sugar cravings is a false assumption.

>

>

> Secondly, anybody who's gone low-carb knows that once you've been off

> sugar for a few days, the sugar cravings go away because the blood sugar

> levels become stable. And let's not discount the placebo effect either.

>

> This reminds me of a woman who worked in a fish store who claimed that a

> certain raw fish (can't remember which) killed her cat. Upon further

> inquiry, I found out that she had fed this raw fish to her cat, and she

> found the cat dead the next day. She associated the two events, but

> association is not causation. Her cat could have been killed by a car.

>

> I'm not saying iodine didn't kill the candida. I'm saying your anecdotal

> information provides no proof.

>

> Joanne

> www.joanneunleashed .com <http://www.joanneunleashed.com>

>

>

> On Apr 12, 2010, at 11:41 AM, iodinegroups (DOT) com

> <mailto:iodine > wrote:

>

>> yes,that is my experience .a friend had terrible craving for sugars

>> which i

>> believe is a possible a sign of candida.she did the cure and the

>> craving was

>> over.she is doing at the same time low carb diet,but that was not enough.

>

>