RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Intro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've just turned 34 and they put me on hrt lol I had bad reaction with it aswell, very bad headache. Came off after two days and my other G.P. Said I shouldn't be on them with no reason as to why my oestrogen is so low that's when I got referred to an endo..Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Christy Cassius <christycassius@...>Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:22:57 -0800 (PST)<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: Re: Intro Suzanne,I just turned 34, so the doctors' haven't used menopause as an excuse, YET. I did get the whole "your an emotional little woman" bit though. I have always suffered from migraines and continue to do so, so I'm not sure if that can be a symptom attributed to the new Conn's dx. I get a lot of anxiety now too. I have a period of a couple of weeks when everything gets better and then I get hit with the dizziness and feel like I am going to pass out. For me the whole fainting thing is what really gets my heart racing, it totally freaks me out! From: smkushka <smkushka >hyperaldosteronism Sent: Sat, February 13, 2010 7:49:57 AMSubject: Re: Intro Yes, I also heard that I was having panic attacks when my symptoms started in 2008; which I wasn't - until after my heart started beating fast and hard in my chest out of the blue, my face would flush, and I would feel dizzy; that will bring on some panic! It would happen sitting at my desk, in my car, in the middle of the night to wake me out of sleep, whenever. I have also heard menopause repeatedly; I'm not convinced all or even most of my symptoms are attributable to menopause (my gyn said they are not), but I think it is an easy answer to any woman's symptoms in her late 40s.Christy, I do not have a diagnosis yet either. I also had BP normally very low, 90/60; hr 60s. Until 2 years ago when my symptoms started. My story is posted in Files under Conns Stories. I forgot when I wrote it to mention I had easy bruising when this started in '08; and now I have a low level frontal headache almost all of the time (how could I forget that? I never had headaches until recently, now it is like a way of life). I had a boatload of original labs from 2008 but the file was so big I took it down, don't want to overload the group storage capacity; the notable results related to PA, if I might have that, are that renin was low and aldo normal. Now renin normal and aldo low; still, my current endo attributes my symptoms to menopause, and recommends I drink less water. So I am going to a new endo on Monday, hope for different testing at least; I saw Dr Grim's file indicating 24 hour urine for NA, K, aldo, and creatinine might beappropriate. My serum K has never been low, except to 3.4 in the first set of labs when this started; it is now high, probalby due to captopril.Suzanne>> Christy,> > For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy eating habits and panic attacks?> > 10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just blow off to anxiety/panic attacks. I'm impressed the ER took you seriously. My EKG strips were "normal", except for the 150 heart rate. Or as the ER doctor said, " you're just a little tachy."> > Didn't matter that I ate a no salt/no junk food diet, and no history of mental illness. I got labeled as a nut. I was told the next time the episode happened to breathe into a bag and eat more bananas (which I'm anaphylactic to- big help)> > Nanci> > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry> > [hyperaldosteronism ] Intro> > My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out of the ER for near fainting and heart palpatations. Each time my blood pressure has shot up out of the blue and my K has been low. I was put on metropol 25 mg and a k supplement. Even though I am on the k supplement and eat a high k diet my k barely makes it to 3.5. My symptoms seem to come on suddenly. My normal bp is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint, get very cold, and my bp jumps to 154/104 with a hr of 150-160. Is this typical for Conn's? I've always had low bp and never had these sypmtoms before. I do urinate like 6 times a night, get facial flushing, never sweat, and am always cold. Because of this I now have a lot of anxiety. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated as I am just starting what looks like a long journey. > > Sent from my iPhone>

Guest guest

I've just turned 34 and they put me on hrt lol I had bad reaction with it aswell, very bad headache. Came off after two days and my other G.P. Said I shouldn't be on them with no reason as to why my oestrogen is so low that's when I got referred to an endo..Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Christy Cassius <christycassius@...>Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:22:57 -0800 (PST)<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: Re: Intro Suzanne,I just turned 34, so the doctors' haven't used menopause as an excuse, YET. I did get the whole "your an emotional little woman" bit though. I have always suffered from migraines and continue to do so, so I'm not sure if that can be a symptom attributed to the new Conn's dx. I get a lot of anxiety now too. I have a period of a couple of weeks when everything gets better and then I get hit with the dizziness and feel like I am going to pass out. For me the whole fainting thing is what really gets my heart racing, it totally freaks me out! From: smkushka <smkushka >hyperaldosteronism Sent: Sat, February 13, 2010 7:49:57 AMSubject: Re: Intro Yes, I also heard that I was having panic attacks when my symptoms started in 2008; which I wasn't - until after my heart started beating fast and hard in my chest out of the blue, my face would flush, and I would feel dizzy; that will bring on some panic! It would happen sitting at my desk, in my car, in the middle of the night to wake me out of sleep, whenever. I have also heard menopause repeatedly; I'm not convinced all or even most of my symptoms are attributable to menopause (my gyn said they are not), but I think it is an easy answer to any woman's symptoms in her late 40s.Christy, I do not have a diagnosis yet either. I also had BP normally very low, 90/60; hr 60s. Until 2 years ago when my symptoms started. My story is posted in Files under Conns Stories. I forgot when I wrote it to mention I had easy bruising when this started in '08; and now I have a low level frontal headache almost all of the time (how could I forget that? I never had headaches until recently, now it is like a way of life). I had a boatload of original labs from 2008 but the file was so big I took it down, don't want to overload the group storage capacity; the notable results related to PA, if I might have that, are that renin was low and aldo normal. Now renin normal and aldo low; still, my current endo attributes my symptoms to menopause, and recommends I drink less water. So I am going to a new endo on Monday, hope for different testing at least; I saw Dr Grim's file indicating 24 hour urine for NA, K, aldo, and creatinine might beappropriate. My serum K has never been low, except to 3.4 in the first set of labs when this started; it is now high, probalby due to captopril.Suzanne>> Christy,> > For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy eating habits and panic attacks?> > 10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just blow off to anxiety/panic attacks. I'm impressed the ER took you seriously. My EKG strips were "normal", except for the 150 heart rate. Or as the ER doctor said, " you're just a little tachy."> > Didn't matter that I ate a no salt/no junk food diet, and no history of mental illness. I got labeled as a nut. I was told the next time the episode happened to breathe into a bag and eat more bananas (which I'm anaphylactic to- big help)> > Nanci> > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry> > [hyperaldosteronism ] Intro> > My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out of the ER for near fainting and heart palpatations. Each time my blood pressure has shot up out of the blue and my K has been low. I was put on metropol 25 mg and a k supplement. Even though I am on the k supplement and eat a high k diet my k barely makes it to 3.5. My symptoms seem to come on suddenly. My normal bp is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint, get very cold, and my bp jumps to 154/104 with a hr of 150-160. Is this typical for Conn's? I've always had low bp and never had these sypmtoms before. I do urinate like 6 times a night, get facial flushing, never sweat, and am always cold. Because of this I now have a lot of anxiety. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated as I am just starting what looks like a long journey. > > Sent from my iPhone>

Guest guest

I Conn's HCTZ can cause fatal low K. Please talk to your Dr and be sure they understand this

Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MD

Specializing in Primary Aldosteronism, Difficult High Blood Pressure and recent evolutionary forces on high blood pressure in populations today.

On Saturday, February 13, 2010, at 12:19AM, <lilbatz@...> wrote:

>

*delurk*

Christy

My episodes are exactly like yours except my blood pressure is high all the time now.

My last K was 2.5 (yay me :P) and I was off every medication that could rip it down that low.

In the past 3 months, I've been to the ER 4 times.

I have edema and have to take 12.5mg HCTZ or I can't walk. All the doctors say this could not lower my K that much, and I do eat high K foods, plus black strap molasses plus a supplement.

I don't know if it is Conn's or not, but wanted to let you know, you aren't the only one.

Nanci-->getting worked up for Conn's, on 0.1mg Catapres and 12.5 mg HCTZ

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Guest guest

I Conn's HCTZ can cause fatal low K. Please talk to your Dr and be sure they understand this

Specializing in Primary Aldosteronism, Difficult High Blood Pressure and recent evolutionary forces on high blood pressure in populations today.

>

*delurk*

Christy

My episodes are exactly like yours except my blood pressure is high all the time now.

My last K was 2.5 (yay me :P) and I was off every medication that could rip it down that low.

I have edema and have to take 12.5mg HCTZ or I can't walk. All the doctors say this could not lower my K that much, and I do eat high K foods, plus black strap molasses plus a supplement.

I don't know if it is Conn's or not, but wanted to let you know, you aren't the only one.

Guest guest

>

*delurk*

Christy

Guest guest

>

*delurk*

Christy

Guest guest

And how do they know your estrogens are low?

On Saturday, February 13, 2010, at 03:13PM, <moseleymand@...> wrote:

>

I've just turned 34 and they put me on hrt lol I had bad reaction with it aswell, very bad headache.

Came off after two days and my other G.P. Said I shouldn't be on them with no reason as to why my oestrogen is so low that's when I got referred to an endo..

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:22:57 -0800 (PST)

<hyperaldosteronism >

Subject: Re: Re: Intro

Suzanne,

I just turned 34, so the doctors' haven't used menopause as an excuse, YET. I did get the whole "your an emotional little woman" bit though.

I have always suffered from migraines and continue to do so, so I'm not sure if that can be a symptom attributed to the new Conn's dx. I get a lot of anxiety now too. I have a period of a couple of weeks when everything gets better and then I get hit with the dizziness and feel like I am going to pass out. For me the whole fainting thing is what really gets my heart racing, it totally freaks me out!

hyperaldosteronism

Sent: Sat, February 13, 2010 7:49:57 AM

Subject: Re: Intro

Yes, I also heard that I was having panic attacks when my symptoms started in 2008; which I wasn't - until after my heart started beating fast and hard in my chest out of the blue, my face would flush, and I would feel dizzy; that will bring on some panic! It would happen sitting at my desk, in my car, in the middle of the night to wake me out of sleep, whenever. I have also heard menopause repeatedly; I'm not convinced all or even most of my symptoms are attributable to menopause (my gyn said they are not), but I think it is an easy answer to any woman's symptoms in her late 40s.

Christy, I do not have a diagnosis yet either. I also had BP normally very low, 90/60; hr 60s. Until 2 years ago when my symptoms started. My story is posted in Files under Conns Stories. I forgot when I wrote it to mention I had easy bruising when this started in '08; and now I have a low level frontal headache almost all of the time (how could I forget that? I never had headaches until recently, now it is like a way of life). I had a boatload of original labs from 2008 but the file was so big I took it down, don't want to overload the group storage capacity; the notable results related to PA, if I might have that, are that renin was low and aldo normal. Now renin normal and aldo low; still, my current endo attributes my symptoms to menopause, and recommends I drink less water. So I am going to a new endo on Monday, hope for different testing at least; I saw Dr Grim's file indicating 24 hour urine for NA, K, aldo, and creatinine might be

appropriate. My serum K has never been low, except to 3.4 in the first set of labs when this started; it is now high, probalby due to captopril.

Suzanne

>

> Christy,

>

> For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy eating habits and panic attacks?

>

> 10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just blow off to anxiety/panic attacks. I'm impressed the ER took you seriously. My EKG strips were "normal", except for the 150 heart rate. Or as the ER doctor said, " you're just a little tachy."

>

> Didn't matter that I ate a no salt/no junk food diet, and no history of mental illness. I got labeled as a nut. I was told the next time the episode happened to breathe into a bag and eat more bananas (which I'm anaphylactic to- big help)

>

> Nanci

>

> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

>

> [hyperaldosteronism ] Intro

>

> My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out of the ER for near fainting and heart palpatations. Each time my blood pressure has shot up out of the blue and my K has been low. I was put on metropol 25 mg and a k supplement. Even though I am on the k supplement and eat a high k diet my k barely makes it to 3.5. My symptoms seem to come on suddenly. My normal bp is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint, get very cold, and my bp jumps to 154/104 with a hr of 150-160. Is this typical for Conn's? I've always had low bp and never had these sypmtoms before. I do urinate like 6 times a night, get facial flushing, never sweat, and am always cold. Because of this I now have a lot of anxiety. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated as I am just starting what looks like a long journey.

>

> Sent from my iPhone

>

Guest guest

Most Conn's have HA and they go away with Rx. What did the CT of your adrenals show?

On Saturday, February 13, 2010, at 02:15PM, "Christy Cassius" <christycassius@...> wrote:

>

Nanci,

Oh my goodness! I left that out in order to just get to the point, but yes, i was told it was panic attacks at 1st. Same scenario as you. I was given Ativan and told to eat more bananas at the hospital. It wasn't until after the 4th visit that I went into SVT with a heart rate of 245 and was admitted to the hospital for a week that they paid attention. The cardiologist I saw there has been wonderful and he is the one who gave me the potential dx of Conn's. It took 4 months and countless tests. I've had the 24 hr and 1 month event monitor, MRI and CT for the brain (for the dizziness & near fainting), kidney ultrasound, etc... I have always followed a very healthy diet as well and my base went from 110 pounds to 120 in a matter of days from the water

retention :(

hyperaldosteronism

Sent: Fri, February 12, 2010 10:28:11 PM

Christy,

For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy eating habits and panic attacks?

10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just blow off to anxiety/panic attacks. I'm impressed the ER took you seriously. My EKG strips were "normal", except for the 150 heart rate. Or as the ER doctor said, " you're just a little tachy."

Didn't matter that I ate a no salt/no junk food diet, and no history of mental illness. I got labeled as a nut. I was told the next time the episode happened to breathe into a bag and eat more bananas (which I'm anaphylactic to- big help)

Nanci

Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:33:57 -0800 (PST)

hyperaldosteronism<hyperaldosteronism>

Subject: [hyperaldosteronism ] Intro

My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out of the ER for near fainting and heart palpatations. Each time my blood pressure has shot up out of the blue and my K has been low. I was put on metropol 25 mg and a k supplement. Even though I am on the k supplement and eat a high k diet my k barely makes it to 3.5. My symptoms seem to come on suddenly. My normal bp is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint, get very cold, and my bp jumps to 154/104 with a hr of 150-160. Is this typical for Conn's? I've always had low bp and never had these sypmtoms before. I do urinate like 6 times a night, get facial flushing, never sweat, and am always cold. Because of this I now have a lot of anxiety. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated as I am just starting what looks like a long journey.

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Most Conn's have HA and they go away with Rx. What did the CT of your adrenals show?

On Saturday, February 13, 2010, at 02:15PM, "Christy Cassius" <christycassius@...> wrote:

>

Nanci,

Oh my goodness! I left that out in order to just get to the point, but yes, i was told it was panic attacks at 1st. Same scenario as you. I was given Ativan and told to eat more bananas at the hospital. It wasn't until after the 4th visit that I went into SVT with a heart rate of 245 and was admitted to the hospital for a week that they paid attention. The cardiologist I saw there has been wonderful and he is the one who gave me the potential dx of Conn's. It took 4 months and countless tests. I've had the 24 hr and 1 month event monitor, MRI and CT for the brain (for the dizziness & near fainting), kidney ultrasound, etc... I have always followed a very healthy diet as well and my base went from 110 pounds to 120 in a matter of days from the water

retention :(

hyperaldosteronism

Sent: Fri, February 12, 2010 10:28:11 PM

Christy,

For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy eating habits and panic attacks?

10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just blow off to anxiety/panic attacks. I'm impressed the ER took you seriously. My EKG strips were "normal", except for the 150 heart rate. Or as the ER doctor said, " you're just a little tachy."

Didn't matter that I ate a no salt/no junk food diet, and no history of mental illness. I got labeled as a nut. I was told the next time the episode happened to breathe into a bag and eat more bananas (which I'm anaphylactic to- big help)

Nanci

Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:33:57 -0800 (PST)

hyperaldosteronism<hyperaldosteronism>

Subject: [hyperaldosteronism ] Intro

My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out of the ER for near fainting and heart palpatations. Each time my blood pressure has shot up out of the blue and my K has been low. I was put on metropol 25 mg and a k supplement. Even though I am on the k supplement and eat a high k diet my k barely makes it to 3.5. My symptoms seem to come on suddenly. My normal bp is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint, get very cold, and my bp jumps to 154/104 with a hr of 150-160. Is this typical for Conn's? I've always had low bp and never had these sypmtoms before. I do urinate like 6 times a night, get facial flushing, never sweat, and am always cold. Because of this I now have a lot of anxiety. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated as I am just starting what looks like a long journey.

Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

They tested by oestrogen and a few other hormones whilst at the uclh hospital. I was reffered as had no period for well over a year.The consultnt said the only reason your estrogen can be that low is if you have pof or pituitary problem. They then said I didn't bhave pof and would do a pituitary scan but never did, I've only ever had a gen brain scan by neuro at barts, who was looking to see if I've had a stroke.Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: lowerbp2 <lowerbp2@...>Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:12:16 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: Re: Intro And how do they know your estrogens are low?Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism, Difficult High Blood Pressure and recent evolutionary forces on high blood pressure in populations today.On Saturday, February 13, 2010, at 03:13PM, <moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk> wrote:> I've just turned 34 and they put me on hrt lol I had bad reaction with it aswell, very bad headache. Came off after two days and my other G.P. Said I shouldn't be on them with no reason as to why my oestrogen is so low that's when I got referred to an endo..Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Christy Cassius <christycassius >Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:22:57 -0800 (PST)<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: Re: Intro Suzanne,I just turned 34, so the doctors' haven't used menopause as an excuse, YET. I did get the whole "your an emotional little woman" bit though. I have always suffered from migraines and continue to do so, so I'm not sure if that can be a symptom attributed to the new Conn's dx. I get a lot of anxiety now too. I have a period of a couple of weeks when everything gets better and then I get hit with the dizziness and feel like I am going to pass out. For me the whole fainting thing is what really gets my heart racing, it totally freaks me out! From: smkushka <smkushka >hyperaldosteronism Sent: Sat, February 13, 2010 7:49:57 AMSubject: Re: Intro Yes, I also heard that I was having panic attacks when my symptoms started in 2008; which I wasn't - until after my heart started beating fast and hard in my chest out of the blue, my face would flush, and I would feel dizzy; that will bring on some panic! It would happen sitting at my desk, in my car, in the middle of the night to wake me out of sleep, whenever. I have also heard menopause repeatedly; I'm not convinced all or even most of my symptoms are attributable to menopause (my gyn said they are not), but I think it is an easy answer to any woman's symptoms in her late 40s.Christy, I do not have a diagnosis yet either. I also had BP normally very low, 90/60; hr 60s. Until 2 years ago when my symptoms started. My story is posted in Files under Conns Stories. I forgot when I wrote it to mention I had easy bruising when this started in '08; and now I have a low level frontal headache almost all of the time (how could I forget that? I never had headaches until recently, now it is like a way of life). I had a boatload of original labs from 2008 but the file was so big I took it down, don't want to overload the group storage capacity; the notable results related to PA, if I might have that, are that renin was low and aldo normal. Now renin normal and aldo low; still, my current endo attributes my symptoms to menopause, and recommends I drink less water. So I am going to a new endo on Monday, hope for different testing at least; I saw Dr Grim's file indicating 24 hour urine for NA, K, aldo, and creatinine might beappropriate. My serum K has never been low, except to 3.4 in the first set of labs when this started; it is now high, probalby due to captopril.Suzanne>> Christy,> > For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy eating habits and panic attacks?> > 10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just blow off to anxiety/panic attacks. I'm impressed the ER took you seriously. My EKG strips were "normal", except for the 150 heart rate. Or as the ER doctor said, " you're just a little tachy."> > Didn't matter that I ate a no salt/no junk food diet, and no history of mental illness. I got labeled as a nut. I was told the next time the episode happened to breathe into a bag and eat more bananas (which I'm anaphylactic to- big help)> > Nanci> > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry> > [hyperaldosteronism ] Intro> > My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out of the ER for near fainting and heart palpatations. Each time my blood pressure has shot up out of the blue and my K has been low. I was put on metropol 25 mg and a k supplement. Even though I am on the k supplement and eat a high k diet my k barely makes it to 3.5. My symptoms seem to come on suddenly. My normal bp is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint, get very cold, and my bp jumps to 154/104 with a hr of 150-160. Is this typical for Conn's? I've always had low bp and never had these sypmtoms before. I do urinate like 6 times a night, get facial flushing, never sweat, and am always cold. Because of this I now have a lot of anxiety. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated as I am just starting what looks like a long journey. > > Sent from my iPhone>

Guest guest

I have had very irregular menses for the last 6 months. I miss periods or seem to have very painful periods, which last one - two days.Although the last two have been at very different dates.The last two have also, made me so fatigued, arms and legs so heavy, so fatigued can't think properly and have felt like iam getting the flu a few days prior and have been very heavy and clotting. The year and a half my periods had stopped I was eating normally, ill all the time, was manic, swollen and puffy all the time my nan said I looked like "the man in the moon" ha ha thanks nan!The reason I stopped the diet was due to giving up as no one was listening or acknowledging that my facial weakness was affecting my arm, neck leg/glute on the right side.I gave up smoking aswell as was so scared, trembling all the time. I was having bad panic attacks and ended up in hospital as was suicidal.When I had the attack of the right side, I went a+e massive panic attack, pressure in my head, trembling very swollen - my bp was 148/ not sure what over the ..some of what happened I don't really remember..Sorry if that was too much info :)My sister has a moustache pigmentation, which comes and goes, hump on her back, big boils over her body, manic/bad panic attacks, chest pain, tingling, high bp..she looks like she has cushings. Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: lowerbp2 <lowerbp2@...>Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:12:16 -0600<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: Re: Intro And how do they know your estrogens are low?Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MDSpecializing in Primary Aldosteronism, Difficult High Blood Pressure and recent evolutionary forces on high blood pressure in populations today.On Saturday, February 13, 2010, at 03:13PM, <moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk> wrote:> I've just turned 34 and they put me on hrt lol I had bad reaction with it aswell, very bad headache. Came off after two days and my other G.P. Said I shouldn't be on them with no reason as to why my oestrogen is so low that's when I got referred to an endo..Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Christy Cassius <christycassius >Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:22:57 -0800 (PST)<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: Re: Intro Suzanne,I just turned 34, so the doctors' haven't used menopause as an excuse, YET. I did get the whole "your an emotional little woman" bit though. I have always suffered from migraines and continue to do so, so I'm not sure if that can be a symptom attributed to the new Conn's dx. I get a lot of anxiety now too. I have a period of a couple of weeks when everything gets better and then I get hit with the dizziness and feel like I am going to pass out. For me the whole fainting thing is what really gets my heart racing, it totally freaks me out! From: smkushka <smkushka >hyperaldosteronism Sent: Sat, February 13, 2010 7:49:57 AMSubject: Re: Intro Yes, I also heard that I was having panic attacks when my symptoms started in 2008; which I wasn't - until after my heart started beating fast and hard in my chest out of the blue, my face would flush, and I would feel dizzy; that will bring on some panic! It would happen sitting at my desk, in my car, in the middle of the night to wake me out of sleep, whenever. I have also heard menopause repeatedly; I'm not convinced all or even most of my symptoms are attributable to menopause (my gyn said they are not), but I think it is an easy answer to any woman's symptoms in her late 40s.Christy, I do not have a diagnosis yet either. I also had BP normally very low, 90/60; hr 60s. Until 2 years ago when my symptoms started. My story is posted in Files under Conns Stories. I forgot when I wrote it to mention I had easy bruising when this started in '08; and now I have a low level frontal headache almost all of the time (how could I forget that? I never had headaches until recently, now it is like a way of life). I had a boatload of original labs from 2008 but the file was so big I took it down, don't want to overload the group storage capacity; the notable results related to PA, if I might have that, are that renin was low and aldo normal. Now renin normal and aldo low; still, my current endo attributes my symptoms to menopause, and recommends I drink less water. So I am going to a new endo on Monday, hope for different testing at least; I saw Dr Grim's file indicating 24 hour urine for NA, K, aldo, and creatinine might beappropriate. My serum K has never been low, except to 3.4 in the first set of labs when this started; it is now high, probalby due to captopril.Suzanne>> Christy,> > For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy eating habits and panic attacks?> > 10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just blow off to anxiety/panic attacks. I'm impressed the ER took you seriously. My EKG strips were "normal", except for the 150 heart rate. Or as the ER doctor said, " you're just a little tachy."> > Didn't matter that I ate a no salt/no junk food diet, and no history of mental illness. I got labeled as a nut. I was told the next time the episode happened to breathe into a bag and eat more bananas (which I'm anaphylactic to- big help)> > Nanci> > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry> > [hyperaldosteronism ] Intro> > My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out of the ER for near fainting and heart palpatations. Each time my blood pressure has shot up out of the blue and my K has been low. I was put on metropol 25 mg and a k supplement. Even though I am on the k supplement and eat a high k diet my k barely makes it to 3.5. My symptoms seem to come on suddenly. My normal bp is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint, get very cold, and my bp jumps to 154/104 with a hr of 150-160. Is this typical for Conn's? I've always had low bp and never had these sypmtoms before. I do urinate like 6 times a night, get facial flushing, never sweat, and am always cold. Because of this I now have a lot of anxiety. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated as I am just starting what looks like a long journey. > > Sent from my iPhone>

Guest guest

She needs to see a good Endo I would think.

On Sunday, February 14, 2010, at 01:30AM, <moseleymand@...> wrote:

>

I have had very irregular menses for the last 6 months. I miss periods or seem to have very painful periods, which last one - two days.Although the last two have been at very different dates.The last two have also, made me so fatigued, arms and legs so heavy, so fatigued can't think properly and have felt like iam getting the flu a few days prior and have been very heavy and clotting. The year and a half my periods had stopped I was eating normally, ill all the time, was manic, swollen and puffy all the time my nan said I looked like "the man in the moon" ha ha thanks nan!The reason I stopped the diet was due to giving up as no one was listening or acknowledging that my facial weakness was affecting my arm, neck leg/glute on the right side.I gave up smoking aswell as was so scared, trembling all the time. I was having bad panic attacks and ended up in hospital as was suicidal.When I had the attack of the right side, I went a+e massive panic attack, pressure in my head, trembling very swollen - my bp was 148/ not sure what over the ..some of what happened I don't really remember..Sorry if that was too much info :)

My sister has a moustache pigmentation, which comes and goes, hump on her back, big boils over her body, manic/bad panic attacks, chest pain, tingling, high bp..she looks like she has cushings.

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:12:16 -0600

<hyperaldosteronism >

On Saturday, February 13, 2010, at 03:13PM, <moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk> wrote:

>

I've just turned 34 and they put me on hrt lol I had bad reaction with it aswell, very bad headache.

Came off after two days and my other G.P. Said I shouldn't be on them with no reason as to why my oestrogen is so low that's when I got referred to an endo..

<hyperaldosteronism >

Suzanne,

I just turned 34, so the doctors' haven't used menopause as an excuse, YET. I did get the whole "your an emotional little woman" bit though.

I have always suffered from migraines and continue to do so, so I'm not sure if that can be a symptom attributed to the new Conn's dx. I get a lot of anxiety now too. I have a period of a couple of weeks when everything gets better and then I get hit with the dizziness and feel like I am going to pass out. For me the whole fainting thing is what really gets my heart racing, it totally freaks me out!

hyperaldosteronism

Yes, I also heard that I was having panic attacks when my symptoms started in 2008; which I wasn't - until after my heart started beating fast and hard in my chest out of the blue, my face would flush, and I would feel dizzy; that will bring on some panic! It would happen sitting at my desk, in my car, in the middle of the night to wake me out of sleep, whenever. I have also heard menopause repeatedly; I'm not convinced all or even most of my symptoms are attributable to menopause (my gyn said they are not), but I think it is an easy answer to any woman's symptoms in her late 40s.

Christy, I do not have a diagnosis yet either. I also had BP normally very low, 90/60; hr 60s. Until 2 years ago when my symptoms started. My story is posted in Files under Conns Stories. I forgot when I wrote it to mention I had easy bruising when this started in '08; and now I have a low level frontal headache almost all of the time (how could I forget that? I never had headaches until recently, now it is like a way of life). I had a boatload of original labs from 2008 but the file was so big I took it down, don't want to overload the group storage capacity; the notable results related to PA, if I might have that, are that renin was low and aldo normal. Now renin normal and aldo low; still, my current endo attributes my symptoms to menopause, and recommends I drink less water. So I am going to a new endo on Monday, hope for different testing at least; I saw Dr Grim's file indicating 24 hour urine for NA, K, aldo, and creatinine might be

appropriate. My serum K has never been low, except to 3.4 in the first set of labs when this started; it is now high, probalby due to captopril.

Suzanne

>

> Christy,

>

> For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy eating habits and panic attacks?

>

> 10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just blow off to anxiety/panic attacks. I'm impressed the ER took you seriously. My EKG strips were "normal", except for the 150 heart rate. Or as the ER doctor said, " you're just a little tachy."

>

> Didn't matter that I ate a no salt/no junk food diet, and no history of mental illness. I got labeled as a nut. I was told the next time the episode happened to breathe into a bag and eat more bananas (which I'm anaphylactic to- big help)

>

> Nanci

>

>

>

> My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out of the ER for near fainting and heart palpatations. Each time my blood pressure has shot up out of the blue and my K has been low. I was put on metropol 25 mg and a k supplement. Even though I am on the k supplement and eat a high k diet my k barely makes it to 3.5. My symptoms seem to come on suddenly. My normal bp is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint, get very cold, and my bp jumps to 154/104 with a hr of 150-160. Is this typical for Conn's? I've always had low bp and never had these sypmtoms before. I do urinate like 6 times a night, get facial flushing, never sweat, and am always cold. Because of this I now have a lot of anxiety. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated as I am just starting what looks like a long journey.

>

> Sent from my iPhone

>

Guest guest

She needs to see a good Endo I would think.

On Sunday, February 14, 2010, at 01:30AM, <moseleymand@...> wrote:

>

I have had very irregular menses for the last 6 months. I miss periods or seem to have very painful periods, which last one - two days.Although the last two have been at very different dates.The last two have also, made me so fatigued, arms and legs so heavy, so fatigued can't think properly and have felt like iam getting the flu a few days prior and have been very heavy and clotting. The year and a half my periods had stopped I was eating normally, ill all the time, was manic, swollen and puffy all the time my nan said I looked like "the man in the moon" ha ha thanks nan!The reason I stopped the diet was due to giving up as no one was listening or acknowledging that my facial weakness was affecting my arm, neck leg/glute on the right side.I gave up smoking aswell as was so scared, trembling all the time. I was having bad panic attacks and ended up in hospital as was suicidal.When I had the attack of the right side, I went a+e massive panic attack, pressure in my head, trembling very swollen - my bp was 148/ not sure what over the ..some of what happened I don't really remember..Sorry if that was too much info :)

My sister has a moustache pigmentation, which comes and goes, hump on her back, big boils over her body, manic/bad panic attacks, chest pain, tingling, high bp..she looks like she has cushings.

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:12:16 -0600

<hyperaldosteronism >

On Saturday, February 13, 2010, at 03:13PM, <moseleymandhotmail (DOT) co.uk> wrote:

>

<hyperaldosteronism >

Suzanne,

hyperaldosteronism

Suzanne

>

> Christy,

>

>

>

>

> Nanci

>

>

>

>

> Sent from my iPhone

>

Guest guest

Thanks for educating him. Where did he go to Medical School? I would write them and tell them the problems they are graduating.

Any second year medical student knows this.

Are you sure her Dr is a real Dr? ;-)

Has she been tested for PA?

On Saturday, February 13, 2010, at 02:55AM, "Farah" <farahbar@...> wrote:

>

My mom was on hctz and her k was so low her doctor started her by taking 4 potasium pills and increased it to 12/day still low. It took me a good 5 months of asking him to stop her hctz. Once he did within a week her k was normal - her doctor was so surprized.

Sent from my iPod

On Feb 12, 2010, at 10:19 PM, lilbatzgmail wrote:

*delurk*

Christy

Guest guest

Thanks for educating him. Where did he go to Medical School? I would write them and tell them the problems they are graduating.

Any second year medical student knows this.

Are you sure her Dr is a real Dr? ;-)

Has she been tested for PA?

On Saturday, February 13, 2010, at 02:55AM, "Farah" <farahbar@...> wrote:

>

My mom was on hctz and her k was so low her doctor started her by taking 4 potasium pills and increased it to 12/day still low. It took me a good 5 months of asking him to stop her hctz. Once he did within a week her k was normal - her doctor was so surprized.

Sent from my iPod

On Feb 12, 2010, at 10:19 PM, lilbatzgmail wrote:

*delurk*

Christy

Guest guest

I mis-stated in my previous note. My current renin is normal, and aldo is High

(I typed that aldo is low, which is incorrect).

Yes, the sudden dizziness and heart racing events are distressing. I don't have

dramatically increased HR events now as I did in '08. I do have periods when my

heart pounds hard in my chest; I usually sense this at night lying in bed,

almost every night; which doesn't help me sleep, that in addition to waking up

almost every two hours to urinate. If nothing else, I hope this has a

diagnosis; or if it is all menopause I hope to get through it soon so I will not

be fatigued all the time.

> >

> > Christy,

> >

> > For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy

eating habits and panic attacks?

> >

> > 10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just

blow off to anxiety/panic attacks. I'm impressed the ER took you seriously. My

EKG strips were " normal " , except for the 150 heart rate. Or as the ER doctor

said, " you're just a little tachy. "

> >

> > Didn't matter that I ate a no salt/no junk food diet, and no history of

mental illness. I got labeled as a nut. I was told the next time the episode

happened to breathe into a bag and eat more bananas (which I'm anaphylactic to-

big help)

> >

> > Nanci

> >

> > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

> >

> > [hyperaldosteronism ] Intro

> >

> > My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with

a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out

of the ER for near fainting and heart palpatations. Each time my blood pressure

has shot up out of the blue and my K has been low. I was put on metropol 25 mg

and a k supplement. Even though I am on the k supplement and eat a high k diet

my k barely makes it to 3.5. My symptoms seem to come on suddenly. My normal bp

is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint,

get very cold, and my bp jumps to 154/104 with a hr of 150-160. Is this typical

for Conn's? I've always had low bp and never had these sypmtoms before. I do

urinate like 6 times a night, get facial flushing, never sweat, and am always

cold. Because of this I now have a lot of anxiety. Any help and encouragement

will be greatly appreciated as I am just starting what looks like a long

journey.

> >

> > Sent from my iPhone

> >

>

Guest guest

I mis-stated in my previous note. My current renin is normal, and aldo is High

(I typed that aldo is low, which is incorrect).

Yes, the sudden dizziness and heart racing events are distressing. I don't have

dramatically increased HR events now as I did in '08. I do have periods when my

heart pounds hard in my chest; I usually sense this at night lying in bed,

almost every night; which doesn't help me sleep, that in addition to waking up

almost every two hours to urinate. If nothing else, I hope this has a

diagnosis; or if it is all menopause I hope to get through it soon so I will not

be fatigued all the time.

> >

> > Christy,

> >

> > For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy

> >

> > 10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just

> >

big help)

> >

> > Nanci

> >

> >

> >

> > My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with

a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out

is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint,

journey.

> >

> > Sent from my iPhone

> >

>

Guest guest

My endo in 2008 suggested maybe I need estrogen replacement, however I did not

take his suggestion. FSH and LH were initally high; I believe estrogen was

normal at the time, at least that is what gyn said when I took him the results.

The hard copy does not actually say " estrogen " but there is a result with the

other female hormones and it is " EST " so I think that is estradiol? Level was

361 pg/mL (no normal range is on the hard copy, there are additional " details "

that I suppose have to be opened from a pc); gyn said estrogen was normal. Same

endo who ordered the " EST " suggested I might need estrogen replacement; so maybe

EST isn't estrogen or estradiol, I've never made an issue of it since there are

so many other symptoms. If it is estradiol, it looks higher than normal from

what I see online.

Within four months after stopping BCP my FSH and LH came down to normal level

for menstruating woman. Now FSH and LH are really sky high, but have not

measured estrogen recently.

> >

> > Christy,

> >

> >

> >

big help)

> >

> > Nanci

> >

> >

> >

journey.

> >

> > Sent from my iPhone

> >

>

Guest guest

My endo in 2008 suggested maybe I need estrogen replacement, however I did not

take his suggestion. FSH and LH were initally high; I believe estrogen was

normal at the time, at least that is what gyn said when I took him the results.

The hard copy does not actually say " estrogen " but there is a result with the

other female hormones and it is " EST " so I think that is estradiol? Level was

361 pg/mL (no normal range is on the hard copy, there are additional " details "

that I suppose have to be opened from a pc); gyn said estrogen was normal. Same

endo who ordered the " EST " suggested I might need estrogen replacement; so maybe

EST isn't estrogen or estradiol, I've never made an issue of it since there are

so many other symptoms. If it is estradiol, it looks higher than normal from

what I see online.

Within four months after stopping BCP my FSH and LH came down to normal level

for menstruating woman. Now FSH and LH are really sky high, but have not

measured estrogen recently.

> >

> > Christy,

> >

> >

> >

big help)

> >

> > Nanci

> >

> >

> >

journey.

> >

> > Sent from my iPhone

> >

>

Guest guest

One endo said to me that my diet and weight fluctuations were affecting my estrogen and hormones. I suppose this makes sense and if one hormone is out of whack, then I reckon they all would be!My tsh is always 0.68 t4 13.2 (w12-22) t3 3.5 (4-6. Something)Everyone I've spoken too says that's classic for central hypothyroid indicating a pituitary problem. My sisters tsh etc is the same.Unless, as its in the family we have MEN1 I think there's differnt types but they affect more than one gland. I hope not and hope its the diet that has messed up our hormones and the conns that's to blame but I have high androstendione which is a male hormone, I've had fluffy hair on cheeks summer before last, sister has moustache and hump back central weight gain etc..I wish I hadn't learnt about it all sometimes, scare myself to death! Although, I would probably never of got help if I hadn't and I believe anyone would do the same thing if they knew they were sick and wanted their life back. It is interesting, if I was a couple of years younger I'd go and study to become a endo myself.:)Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: "smkushka" <smkushka@...>Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:18:27 -0000<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: Intro My endo in 2008 suggested maybe I need estrogen replacement, however I did not take his suggestion. FSH and LH were initally high; I believe estrogen was normal at the time, at least that is what gyn said when I took him the results. The hard copy does not actually say " estrogen " but there is a result with the other female hormones and it is " EST " so I think that is estradiol? Level was 361 pg/mL (no normal range is on the hard copy, there are additional " details " that I suppose have to be opened from a pc); gyn said estrogen was normal. Same endo who ordered the " EST " suggested I might need estrogen replacement; so maybe EST isn't estrogen or estradiol, I've never made an issue of it since there are so many other symptoms. If it is estradiol, it looks higher than normal from what I see online.Within four months after stopping BCP my FSH and LH came down to normal level for menstruating woman. Now FSH and LH are really sky high, but have not measured estrogen recently.> >> > Christy,> > > > For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy eating habits and panic attacks?> > > > 10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just blow off to anxiety/panic attacks. I'm impressed the ER took you seriously. My EKG strips were " normal " , except for the 150 heart rate. Or as the ER doctor said, " you're just a little tachy. " > > > > Didn't matter that I ate a no salt/no junk food diet, and no history of mental illness. I got labeled as a nut. I was told the next time the episode happened to breathe into a bag and eat more bananas (which I'm anaphylactic to- big help)> > > > Nanci> > > > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry> > > > [hyperaldosteronism ] Intro> > > > My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out of the ER for near fainting and heart palpatations. Each time my blood pressure has shot up out of the blue and my K has been low. I was put on metropol 25 mg and a k supplement. Even though I am on the k supplement and eat a high k diet my k barely makes it to 3.5. My symptoms seem to come on suddenly. My normal bp is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint, get very cold, and my bp jumps to 154/104 with a hr of 150-160. Is this typical for Conn's? I've always had low bp and never had these sypmtoms before. I do urinate like 6 times a night, get facial flushing, never sweat, and am always cold. Because of this I now have a lot of anxiety. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated as I am just starting what looks like a long journey. > > > > Sent from my iPhone> >>

Guest guest

One endo said to me that my diet and weight fluctuations were affecting my estrogen and hormones. I suppose this makes sense and if one hormone is out of whack, then I reckon they all would be!My tsh is always 0.68 t4 13.2 (w12-22) t3 3.5 (4-6. Something)Everyone I've spoken too says that's classic for central hypothyroid indicating a pituitary problem. My sisters tsh etc is the same.Unless, as its in the family we have MEN1 I think there's differnt types but they affect more than one gland. I hope not and hope its the diet that has messed up our hormones and the conns that's to blame but I have high androstendione which is a male hormone, I've had fluffy hair on cheeks summer before last, sister has moustache and hump back central weight gain etc..I wish I hadn't learnt about it all sometimes, scare myself to death! Although, I would probably never of got help if I hadn't and I believe anyone would do the same thing if they knew they were sick and wanted their life back. It is interesting, if I was a couple of years younger I'd go and study to become a endo myself.:)Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: "smkushka" <smkushka@...>Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:18:27 -0000<hyperaldosteronism >Subject: Re: Intro My endo in 2008 suggested maybe I need estrogen replacement, however I did not take his suggestion. FSH and LH were initally high; I believe estrogen was normal at the time, at least that is what gyn said when I took him the results. The hard copy does not actually say " estrogen " but there is a result with the other female hormones and it is " EST " so I think that is estradiol? Level was 361 pg/mL (no normal range is on the hard copy, there are additional " details " that I suppose have to be opened from a pc); gyn said estrogen was normal. Same endo who ordered the " EST " suggested I might need estrogen replacement; so maybe EST isn't estrogen or estradiol, I've never made an issue of it since there are so many other symptoms. If it is estradiol, it looks higher than normal from what I see online.Within four months after stopping BCP my FSH and LH came down to normal level for menstruating woman. Now FSH and LH are really sky high, but have not measured estrogen recently.> >> > Christy,> > > > For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy eating habits and panic attacks?> > > > 10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just blow off to anxiety/panic attacks. I'm impressed the ER took you seriously. My EKG strips were " normal " , except for the 150 heart rate. Or as the ER doctor said, " you're just a little tachy. " > > > > Didn't matter that I ate a no salt/no junk food diet, and no history of mental illness. I got labeled as a nut. I was told the next time the episode happened to breathe into a bag and eat more bananas (which I'm anaphylactic to- big help)> > > > Nanci> > > > Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry> > > > [hyperaldosteronism ] Intro> > > > My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out of the ER for near fainting and heart palpatations. Each time my blood pressure has shot up out of the blue and my K has been low. I was put on metropol 25 mg and a k supplement. Even though I am on the k supplement and eat a high k diet my k barely makes it to 3.5. My symptoms seem to come on suddenly. My normal bp is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint, get very cold, and my bp jumps to 154/104 with a hr of 150-160. Is this typical for Conn's? I've always had low bp and never had these sypmtoms before. I do urinate like 6 times a night, get facial flushing, never sweat, and am always cold. Because of this I now have a lot of anxiety. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated as I am just starting what looks like a long journey. > > > > Sent from my iPhone> >>

Guest guest

You renin is in the lower range of normal but your aldo is not.

On Sunday, February 14, 2010, at 10:42AM, "smkushka" <smkushka@...> wrote:

>

I mis-stated in my previous note. My current renin is normal, and aldo is High (I typed that aldo is low, which is incorrect).

Yes, the sudden dizziness and heart racing events are distressing. I don't have dramatically increased HR events now as I did in '08. I do have periods when my heart pounds hard in my chest; I usually sense this at night lying in bed, almost every night; which doesn't help me sleep, that in addition to waking up almost every two hours to urinate. If nothing else, I hope this has a diagnosis; or if it is all menopause I hope to get through it soon so I will not be fatigued all the time.

> >

> > Christy,

> >

> > For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy eating habits and panic attacks?

> >

> > 10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just blow off to anxiety/panic attacks. I'm impressed the ER took you seriously. My EKG strips were "normal", except for the 150 heart rate. Or as the ER doctor said, " you're just a little tachy."

> >

> > Didn't matter that I ate a no salt/no junk food diet, and no history of mental illness. I got labeled as a nut. I was told the next time the episode happened to breathe into a bag and eat more bananas (which I'm anaphylactic to- big help)

> >

> > Nanci

> >

> >

> >

> > My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out of the ER for near fainting and heart palpatations. Each time my blood pressure has shot up out of the blue and my K has been low. I was put on metropol 25 mg and a k supplement. Even though I am on the k supplement and eat a high k diet my k barely makes it to 3.5. My symptoms seem to come on suddenly. My normal bp is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint, get very cold, and my bp jumps to 154/104 with a hr of 150-160. Is this typical for Conn's? I've always had low bp and never had these sypmtoms before. I do urinate like 6 times a night, get facial flushing, never sweat, and am always cold. Because of this I now have a lot of anxiety. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated as I am just starting what looks like a long journey.

> >

> > Sent from my iPhone

> >

>

Guest guest

You renin is in the lower range of normal but your aldo is not.

On Sunday, February 14, 2010, at 10:42AM, "smkushka" <smkushka@...> wrote:

>

I mis-stated in my previous note. My current renin is normal, and aldo is High (I typed that aldo is low, which is incorrect).

Yes, the sudden dizziness and heart racing events are distressing. I don't have dramatically increased HR events now as I did in '08. I do have periods when my heart pounds hard in my chest; I usually sense this at night lying in bed, almost every night; which doesn't help me sleep, that in addition to waking up almost every two hours to urinate. If nothing else, I hope this has a diagnosis; or if it is all menopause I hope to get through it soon so I will not be fatigued all the time.

> >

> > Christy,

> >

> > For got to add this, how did the ER not just blow off your symptoms to lousy eating habits and panic attacks?

> >

> > 10 years ago, this mess started for me, and even with the low K, it was just blow off to anxiety/panic attacks. I'm impressed the ER took you seriously. My EKG strips were "normal", except for the 150 heart rate. Or as the ER doctor said, " you're just a little tachy."

> >

> > Didn't matter that I ate a no salt/no junk food diet, and no history of mental illness. I got labeled as a nut. I was told the next time the episode happened to breathe into a bag and eat more bananas (which I'm anaphylactic to- big help)

> >

> > Nanci

> >

> >

> >

> > My name is Christy and I have just been referred to an endocrineologist with a possible dx of Conn's disease. For the past few months, I have been in and out of the ER for near fainting and heart palpatations. Each time my blood pressure has shot up out of the blue and my K has been low. I was put on metropol 25 mg and a k supplement. Even though I am on the k supplement and eat a high k diet my k barely makes it to 3.5. My symptoms seem to come on suddenly. My normal bp is 90/65 with a hr of 78, but with each episode I'll all of a sudden feel faint, get very cold, and my bp jumps to 154/104 with a hr of 150-160. Is this typical for Conn's? I've always had low bp and never had these sypmtoms before. I do urinate like 6 times a night, get facial flushing, never sweat, and am always cold. Because of this I now have a lot of anxiety. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated as I am just starting what looks like a long journey.

> >

> > Sent from my iPhone

> >

>

Guest guest

Common after stopping BCP OR estrogens as I recall. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Feb 14, 2010, at 10:18 AM, smkushka <smkushka@...> wrote:

My endo in 2008 suggested maybe I need estrogen replacement, however I did not take his suggestion. FSH and LH were initally high; I believe estrogen was normal at the time, at least that is what gyn said when I took him the results. The hard copy does not actually say "estrogen" but there is a result with the other female hormones and it is "EST" so I think that is estradiol? Level was 361 pg/mL (no normal range is on the hard copy, there are additional "details" that I suppose have to be opened from a pc); gyn said estrogen was normal. Same endo who ordered the "EST" suggested I might need estrogen replacement; so maybe EST isn't estrogen or estradiol, I've never made an issue of it since there are so many other symptoms. If it is estradiol, it looks higher than normal from what I see online.

Within four months after stopping BCP my FSH and LH came down to normal level for menstruating woman. Now FSH and LH are really sky high, but have not measured estrogen recently.

> >

> > Christy,

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Nanci

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Sent from my iPhone

> >

>

Guest guest

Common after stopping BCP OR estrogens as I recall. Tiped sad Send form miiPhone ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Feb 14, 2010, at 10:18 AM, smkushka <smkushka@...> wrote:

My endo in 2008 suggested maybe I need estrogen replacement, however I did not take his suggestion. FSH and LH were initally high; I believe estrogen was normal at the time, at least that is what gyn said when I took him the results. The hard copy does not actually say "estrogen" but there is a result with the other female hormones and it is "EST" so I think that is estradiol? Level was 361 pg/mL (no normal range is on the hard copy, there are additional "details" that I suppose have to be opened from a pc); gyn said estrogen was normal. Same endo who ordered the "EST" suggested I might need estrogen replacement; so maybe EST isn't estrogen or estradiol, I've never made an issue of it since there are so many other symptoms. If it is estradiol, it looks higher than normal from what I see online.

Within four months after stopping BCP my FSH and LH came down to normal level for menstruating woman. Now FSH and LH are really sky high, but have not measured estrogen recently.

> >

> > Christy,

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Nanci

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Sent from my iPhone

> >

>