RemedySpot.com

Intro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Welcome Wanda, looks like you'll fit in nicely here.

k

-- Intro

After being accepted into this wonderful group several weeks ago, I feel a little guilty for not introducing myself sooner. I wanted to be current with the email before commenting, and now I've accomplished that. I am enjoying this group so much and read every email so I won't miss anything. Everybody seems to get along so well, and it's wonderful, Lea Ann, that you allow us to talk about any topic.

I have owned a Vita-Mix Super 5000 for a few years but hadn't been using it as much lately. My husband is not interested in eating healthy, but I plan to keep on trying. He liked the smoothies I made but says not to make any more for him because they cause him to "feel bloated." I have to cook what he likes, and it's hard not to eat what he eats. His likes good old Southern cooking with fried this or fried that, mashed potatoes with gravy, cat-head biscuits, banana pudding or homemade ice cream with chocolate syrup, etc. Well…you get the picture. I need some moral support and motivation, which this group is providing. Thanks so much.

My name is Wanda, and I live in East Tennessee. I have been making and enjoying kombucha tea for almost three years. I have an Excaliber dehydrator, nine-tray I think. I loom knit, and we have a vegetable garden. We planted our potatoes and onions just a few days before the heavy rains came earlier this week. The water washed most of four rows of potatoes out of the ground, but we have them recovered now so I`m not complaining.

Thanks again, everybody. Have a fun day!

Wanda

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Welcome, Wanda! You will indeed fit right in! I am your neighbor, in NC, I loom knit too, have an excalibur that is on the go all night, every night, and I grow all of my own fruits, potatoes, and veggies! Only thing different is I unloaded my southern-fried-food- eating hubby-he is still my best friend, but now someone else is responsible for feeding him, lol. So glad you joined us!From: K <kamako@...>Subject: Re: Intro Date: Friday, March 4, 2011, 6:58 PM

Welcome Wanda, looks like you'll fit in nicely here.

k

-- Intro

After being accepted into this wonderful group several weeks ago, I feel a little guilty for not introducing myself sooner. I wanted to be current with the email before commenting, and now I've accomplished that. I am enjoying this group so much and read every email so I won't miss anything. Everybody seems to get along so well, and it's wonderful, Lea Ann, that you allow us to talk about any topic.

I have owned a Vita-Mix Super 5000 for a few years but hadn't been using it as much lately. My husband is not interested in eating healthy, but I plan to keep on trying. He liked the smoothies I made but says not to make any more for him because they cause him to "feel bloated." I have to cook what he likes, and it's hard not to eat what he eats. His likes good old Southern cooking with fried this or fried that, mashed potatoes with gravy, cat-head biscuits, banana pudding or homemade ice cream with chocolate syrup, etc. Well…you get the picture. I need some moral support and motivation, which this group is providing. Thanks so much.

My name is Wanda, and I live in East Tennessee. I have been making and enjoying kombucha tea for almost three years. I have an Excaliber dehydrator, nine-tray I think. I loom knit, and we have a vegetable garden. We planted our potatoes and onions just a few days before the heavy rains came earlier this week. The water washed most of four rows of potatoes out of the ground, but we have them recovered now so I`m not complaining.

Wanda

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Hey Wanda and WELCOME!I'm glad that you like our "lenient" policy :-)Regarding your husband's "bloated" feeling I have a suggestion (if you can get him to try this)... Make the smoothie with ONLY fruit (don't combine anything with fat in it such as yogurt) or a Green Smoothie with only fruit and greens and see if you can get him to eat this on an empty stomach. Often people who tend to have digestive "issues" don't do well combining fruit with anything but dark green leafy veggies. First thing in the morning (at least 45 minutes before breakfast would be great).Would he be agreeable to making his own food and letting you prepare your own food? If not, I'd be tempted to say, "we're eating healthier now" and fix what's healthy (but I'm stubborn that way :-) If neither of those approaches is workable then you could just try to sneak in as many of the "magic veggies" as possible.Again - WELCOME!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 4, 2011, at 6:36 PM, wonderzzz@... wrote:

Wanda

Guest guest

Hi Wanda!Nice to have you with us! I am also a loom knitter (since a niece bought me a Knifty Knitter for Christmas). I just finished a long (about 7') scarf for her and have also done some beanies for a couple of my grands. For the girl (6 1/2 and a real girlie-girl), I am making leg warmers to match the beanie. That's all so far, but I have to fit it in among the other stuff - like pretty much everyone on this group, I like to do lots of different things.Right now I'm having a kale (2 kinds just purchased fresh at the Farmers Market), collards, cabbage, ginger root, lime (from my own tree), Holy Basil, a tomato, 2 stalks celery, a handful sugar snap-pea pods, 2 cloves pickled garlic, dulse, sea salt, and Mother's Mix sprouts (from the SproutPeople) with some Amber Waves of Grain sprouts (also from SP). I juiced the greens, celery, pea pods, ginger and lime in my manual Healthy Juicer, then put that in the VM and added the rest of the stuff. It's really good, but I think two large garlic cloves is just a bit much for 8 oz of juice! Oh well...I can really feel the power!I look forward to hearing more about your life with your VM (I have the 5000 also, as well as my first VM 3600). Keep on nudging your husband in the healthier direction. Mine now loves green smoothies, but for many years, he thought the only green veggies were green beans and peas. Welcome!Peggy

Guest guest

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll see if I can get my husband to try a smoothie

with fruit only as you suggested, Lea Ann. As for asking him to cook his own

food, I'd rather not go there! I totally understand your solution, - been

there done that - but this one is a keeper! Yes, , it is sad when a

business closes, especially one that has been around such a long time. White

Lily flour is still sold here, but it seems a little lumpy now. Maybe that's

just my imagination. It is distributed by White Lily out of Memphis, but I don't

know who makes it.

I should also mention that I have a set of glass straws, Dharma, the same kind

mentioned here, that I drink my smoothies and kombucha tea with. They are a

little luxury that I allowed myself a while back, and I really like them. I

bought some tooth soap after reading the recommendation here. I wasn't sure

about it at first, but I am getting used to the taste now and believe it will be

better for me than toothpaste. The spiral slicer looks interesting!

, I also have the Knifty Knitter looms. The first time I tried loom

knitting, I was hooked. The hat I knitted came out perfect, and I just hadn't

been able to do much at all with needle knitting. I won't be doing as much

knitting this summer, but I'll keep it out so I can do a little at a time.

, is there anything you can't do? I so admire you! You are an inspiration.

Thanks to everybody!

Have a fun day!

Wanda

Guest guest

Peggy's the Knifty Knitter here. :)

Many folks have complained that White Lily isn't the same--the jerks at Smucker's tried to blame it on improper aging and claimed to have corrected the situation but of course, they were lying--no one is happy with this wilted lily and a lot of people were thrown out of work (like they couldn't have afforded to renovate the mill where it was produced). However, there's another local soft-wheat flour called Adluh that's still being produced and is still privately owned and people who used to use Red Band (also bought out by Smucker's and eliminated entirely instead of just ruined à la White Lily) say that it performs very well. I'd order some if only I had room to store it. :(

Re: Intro

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll see if I can get my husband to try a smoothie with fruit only as you suggested, Lea Ann. As for asking him to cook his own food, I'd rather not go there! I totally understand your solution, - been there done that - but this one is a keeper! Yes, , it is sad when a business closes, especially one that has been around such a long time. White Lily flour is still sold here, but it seems a little lumpy now. Maybe that's just my imagination. It is distributed by White Lily out of Memphis, but I don't know who makes it.

I should also mention that I have a set of glass straws, Dharma, the same kind mentioned here, that I drink my smoothies and kombucha tea with. They are a little luxury that I allowed myself a while back, and I really like them. I bought some tooth soap after reading the recommendation here. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I am getting used to the taste now and believe it will be better for me than toothpaste. The spiral slicer looks interesting!

, I also have the Knifty Knitter looms. The first time I tried loom knitting, I was hooked. The hat I knitted came out perfect, and I just hadn't been able to do much at all with needle knitting. I won't be doing as much knitting this summer, but I'll keep it out so I can do a little at a time.

, is there anything you can't do? I so admire you! You are an inspiration.

Thanks to everybody!

Have a fun day!

Wanda

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

, congratulations first on your son!!!! Second on your Vitamix, which will get that lil fella off to a wonderful start in life! Please post an update after he is born with name and all the important stuff-like how sweet and cuddly he is! Welcome to the group.From: rd4paint <rd4paint@...>Subject: Intro Date: Wednesday, March 23, 2011, 7:06 AM

Hi!

My name is and I live in the Kansas City metro area. I bought a black Vitamix 5200 about a month ago at a home show. I really wanted the platinum, but I figured the black would be fine in my kitchen. I had been interested in Vitamix for about two years. I love the live Vitamix demos. QVC and internet videos just aren't the same! I finally decided to buy one to try to incorporate more fruits and vegetables in my diet. I'm like a lot of people: processed foods, fa(s)t food, etc. I also bought it to make our own baby food, I have a son scheduled to be born tomorrow! I don't see the point of buying baby food in a jar.

I've made it a goal, as I get started, to use my vitamix every day. I'm a total newbie! I've just made smoothies and the occasional ice cream. So far, just fruits, but I am going to get some veggies going too!

Guest guest

Have you seen my YouTube videos? They are demonstrator demo's, just no samples to taste :-(http://www.youtube.com/user/agapemom?feature=mhum

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 23, 2011, at 7:06 AM, rd4paint wrote:

Hi!

My name is and I live in the Kansas City metro area. I bought a black Vitamix 5200 about a month ago at a home show. I really wanted the platinum, but I figured the black would be fine in my kitchen. I had been interested in Vitamix for about two years. I love the live Vitamix demos. QVC and internet videos just aren't the same! I finally decided to buy one to try to incorporate more fruits and vegetables in my diet. I'm like a lot of people: processed foods, fa(s)t food, etc. I also bought it to make our own baby food, I have a son scheduled to be born tomorrow! I don't see the point of buying baby food in a jar.

I've made it a goal, as I get started, to use my vitamix every day. I'm a total newbie! I've just made smoothies and the occasional ice cream. So far, just fruits, but I am going to get some veggies going too!

Guest guest

MAZEL TOV! That's GREAT about your little boy!

Glad to have you--a jar of food might come in handy here or there in a pinch but there's no reason why you can't process the bulk of it in your new Vitamix. He'll be spoiled, though--I can't imagine that commercial baby food tastes anywhere near as good as what you make fresh yourself.

Intro

Hi!

Guest guest

When my boys were young, I had this tiny baby food grinder I carried

to restaurants and on trips with us. I made all their baby food by

asking for servings of steamed veggies. Some thought I was strange,

others were fascinated. Maybe I was just ahead of my time!

Velda

On 3/23/2011 7:01 AM, wrote:

Glad to have you--a jar of food might come in handy here or

there in a pinch but there's no reason why you can't process the

bulk of it in your new Vitamix. He'll be spoiled, though--I

can't imagine that commercial baby food tastes anywhere near as

good as what you make fresh yourself.

Intro

Hi!

My name is and I live in the Kansas City metro

area. I bought a black Vitamix 5200 about a month ago

at a home show. I really wanted the platinum, but I

figured the black would be fine in my kitchen. I had

been interested in Vitamix for about two years. I love

the live Vitamix demos. QVC and internet videos just

aren't the same! I finally decided to buy one to try

to incorporate more fruits and vegetables in my diet.

I'm like a lot of people: processed foods, fa(s)t

food, etc. I also bought it to make our own baby food,

I have a son scheduled to be born tomorrow! I don't

see the point of buying baby food in a jar.

I've made it a goal, as I get started, to use my

vitamix every day. I'm a total newbie! I've just made

smoothies and the occasional ice cream. So far, just

fruits, but I am going to get some veggies going too!

Guest guest

Velda

Intro

Hi!

Guest guest

There is a gadget for that! I am currently evaluating the Baby Brezza baby food maker and doing some videos for the company. It is QUITE a spiffy little machine! Makes me want more babies...http://www.babybrezza.com/--- On Thu, 3/24/11, Velda <solomon@...> wrote:From: Velda <solomon@...>Subject: Re: Intro Date: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 4:52 AM

Velda

Intro

Hi!

Guest guest

When my 16 year old was a baby, I just steamed and used a ricer or just a

fork. I still can't understand why people pay good money for the little

jars. One day at a church social, I was feeding my baby carrots and the

lady next to me was feeding her baby carrots, from a jar. I had about 2 oz

and she had 4. Mine were bright colored and hers looked faded. She asked

me why I feed so little and what was wrong with the color of my carrots. I

said this amount gives more nutrition that yours because it is only carrots,

and that's why the color is so bright. I told her that her carrots had the

wrong color and she had to feed more to get the same amount of nutrition in

between all the filler.

Beverly

Texas

Intro

>

> Hi!

>

> My name is and I live in the Kansas City metro area. I bought a

> black Vitamix 5200 about a month ago at a home show. I really wanted

> the platinum, but I figured the black would be fine in my kitchen. I

> had been interested in Vitamix for about two years. I love the live

> Vitamix demos. QVC and internet videos just aren't the same! I finally

> decided to buy one to try to incorporate more fruits and vegetables in

> my diet. I'm like a lot of people: processed foods, fa(s)t food, etc.

> I also bought it to make our own baby food, I have a son scheduled to

> be born tomorrow! I don't see the point of buying baby food in a jar.

>

> I've made it a goal, as I get started, to use my vitamix every day.

> I'm a total newbie! I've just made smoothies and the occasional ice

> cream. So far, just fruits, but I am going to get some veggies going too!

>

>

Guest guest

Look like a mini food processor that costs about $6.99 around here. I think

paying a hundred bucks to make baby food would be crazy. But then, there

are lots of crazy people out there.

Beverly

Texas

Re: Intro

Date: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 4:52 AM

Guest guest

It steams and cooks all in the same unit, with no need to do anything further than put ingredients in it. I agree that 100 is too much, but I would certainly buy one if I had a baby to feed-would recoup that in no time by avoiding buying food.

Subject: Re: Intro

Guest guest

I used a little manual food grinder too when my 25 year old son was a baby. The smell of some of the jarred stuff, especially the meats, would make me want to gag!

Fran

In a message dated 3/24/2011 10:44:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, foodfun@... writes:

When my 16 year old was a baby, I just steamed and used a ricer or just a fork. I still can't understand why people pay good money for the little jars. One day at a church social, I was feeding my baby carrots and the lady next to me was feeding her baby carrots, from a jar. I had about 2 oz and she had 4. Mine were bright colored and hers looked faded. She asked me why I feed so little and what was wrong with the color of my carrots. I said this amount gives more nutrition that yours because it is only carrots, and that's why the color is so bright. I told her that her carrots had the wrong color and she had to feed more to get the same amount of nutrition in between all the filler.BeverlyTexas Intro>> Hi!>> My name is and I live in the Kansas City metro area. I bought a> black Vitamix 5200 about a month ago at a home show. I really wanted> the platinum, but I figured the black would be fine in my kitchen. I> had been interested in Vitamix for about two years. I love the live> Vitamix demos. QVC and internet videos just aren't the same! I finally> decided to buy one to try to incorporate more fruits and vegetables in> my diet. I'm like a lot of people: processed foods, fa(s)t food, etc.> I also bought it to make our own baby food, I have a son scheduled to> be born tomorrow! I don't see the point of buying baby food in a jar.>> I've made it a goal, as I get started, to use my vitamix every day.> I'm a total newbie! I've just made smoothies and the occasional ice> cream. So far, just fruits, but I am going to get some veggies going too!>>

Guest guest

I used my ancient Vitamix to make babyfood, and would freeze the extra into ice cubes, then store those in jars in the freezer. I remember once gagging when I smelled the jarred stuff that my brother was feeding his same aged daughter. Blekkkkkkk. The meats looked and smelled like dog food!>>> MAZEL TOV! That's GREAT about your little boy!> Glad to have you--a jar of food might come in handy here or there in a> pinch but there's no reason why you can't process the bulk of it in> your new Vitamix. He'll be spoiled, though--I can't imagine that> commercial baby food tastes anywhere near as good as what you make> fresh yourself.> >>> Intro>> Hi!>> My name is and I live in the Kansas City metro area. I bought a> black Vitamix 5200 about a month ago at a home show. I really wanted> the platinum, but I figured the black would be fine in my kitchen. I> had been interested in Vitamix for about two years. I love the live> Vitamix demos. QVC and internet videos just aren't the same! I finally> decided to buy one to try to incorporate more fruits and vegetables in> my diet. I'm like a lot of people: processed foods, fa(s)t food, etc.> I also bought it to make our own baby food, I have a son scheduled to> be born tomorrow! I don't see the point of buying baby food in a jar.>> I've made it a goal, as I get started, to use my vitamix every day.> I'm a total newbie! I've just made smoothies and the occasional ice> cream. So far, just fruits, but I am going to get some veggies going too!>>

Guest guest

Dog food is a perfect description! Some of them would look pinkish in the middle and gray around the outer edge. God bless babies who could stomach that stuff! lol

Fran

In a message dated 3/24/2011 12:09:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, berrywell@... writes:

I used my ancient Vitamix to make babyfood, and would freeze the extra into ice cubes, then store those in jars in the freezer. I remember once gagging when I smelled the jarred stuff that my brother was feeding his same aged daughter. Blekkkkkkk. The meats looked and smelled like dog food!>>> MAZEL TOV! That's GREAT about your little boy!> Glad to have you--a jar of food might come in handy here or there in a> pinch but there's no reason why you can't process the bulk of it in> your new Vitamix. He'll be spoiled, though--I can't imagine that> commercial baby food tastes anywhere near as good as what you make> fresh yourself.> >>> Intro>> Hi!>> My name is and I live in the Kansas City metro area. I bought a> black Vitamix 5200 about a month ago at a home show. I really wanted> the platinum, but I figured the black would be fine in my kitchen. I> had been interested in Vitamix for about two years. I love the live> Vitamix demos. QVC and internet videos just aren't the same! I finally> decided to buy one to try to incorporate more fruits and vegetables in> my diet. I'm like a lot of people: processed foods, fa(s)t food, etc.> I also bought it to make our own baby food, I have a son scheduled to> be born tomorrow! I don't see the point of buying baby food in a jar.>> I've made it a goal, as I get started, to use my vitamix every day.> I'm a total newbie! I've just made smoothies and the occasional ice> cream. So far, just fruits, but I am going to get some veggies going too!>>

Guest guest

Sorry just had to climb back on my stool here and dust myself off

after falling off after reading your thought on having more

babies-well Me at my age anyhow! hahahah

That does look interesting, but the one I had was manual and was

easy to take into a restaurant. My mini Cuisinart looks like it

would work pretty much like that Brezza thing, except it seemed to

indicate that you steam food in it?

Velda

On 3/24/2011 4:54 AM, Berry wrote:

There is a gadget

for that!  I am currently evaluating the Baby Brezza baby

food maker and doing some videos for the company.  It is

QUITE a spiffy little machine!  Makes me want more

babies...

http://www.babybrezza.com/

MAZEL TOV! That's GREAT about

your little boy!

Glad to have you--a jar of food might come in

handy here or there in a pinch but there's no

reason why you can't process the bulk of it in

your new Vitamix. He'll be spoiled, though--I

can't imagine that commercial baby food tastes

anywhere near as good as what you make fresh

yourself.

Intro

Hi!

My name is and I live in the

Kansas City metro area. I bought a

black Vitamix 5200 about a month ago

at a home show. I really wanted the

platinum, but I figured the black

would be fine in my kitchen. I had

been interested in Vitamix for about

two years. I love the live Vitamix

demos. QVC and internet videos just

aren't the same! I finally decided to

buy one to try to incorporate more

fruits and vegetables in my diet. I'm

like a lot of people: processed foods,

fa(s)t food, etc. I also bought it to

make our own baby food, I have a son

scheduled to be born tomorrow! I don't

see the point of buying baby food in a

jar.

I've made it a goal, as I get started,

to use my vitamix every day. I'm a

total newbie! I've just made smoothies

and the occasional ice cream. So far,

just fruits, but I am going to get

some veggies going too!

Guest guest

Sorry just had to climb back on my stool here and dust myself off

after falling off after reading your thought on having more

babies-well Me at my age anyhow! hahahah

That does look interesting, but the one I had was manual and was

easy to take into a restaurant. My mini Cuisinart looks like it

would work pretty much like that Brezza thing, except it seemed to

indicate that you steam food in it?

Velda

On 3/24/2011 4:54 AM, Berry wrote:

There is a gadget

for that!  I am currently evaluating the Baby Brezza baby

food maker and doing some videos for the company.  It is

QUITE a spiffy little machine!  Makes me want more

babies...

http://www.babybrezza.com/

MAZEL TOV! That's GREAT about

your little boy!

Glad to have you--a jar of food might come in

handy here or there in a pinch but there's no

reason why you can't process the bulk of it in

your new Vitamix. He'll be spoiled, though--I

can't imagine that commercial baby food tastes

anywhere near as good as what you make fresh

yourself.

Intro

Hi!

My name is and I live in the

Kansas City metro area. I bought a

black Vitamix 5200 about a month ago

at a home show. I really wanted the

platinum, but I figured the black

would be fine in my kitchen. I had

been interested in Vitamix for about

two years. I love the live Vitamix

demos. QVC and internet videos just

aren't the same! I finally decided to

buy one to try to incorporate more

fruits and vegetables in my diet. I'm

like a lot of people: processed foods,

fa(s)t food, etc. I also bought it to

make our own baby food, I have a son

scheduled to be born tomorrow! I don't

see the point of buying baby food in a

jar.

I've made it a goal, as I get started,

to use my vitamix every day. I'm a

total newbie! I've just made smoothies

and the occasional ice cream. So far,

just fruits, but I am going to get

some veggies going too!

Guest guest

So, did she get mad at you are ask to be educated. People seem to come

in both varieties. Me I would have grilled you for information, but that

is me.

Velda

On 3/24/2011 8:43 AM, FOOD FUN wrote:

> When my 16 year old was a baby, I just steamed and used a ricer or just a

> fork. I still can't understand why people pay good money for the little

> jars. One day at a church social, I was feeding my baby carrots and the

> lady next to me was feeding her baby carrots, from a jar. I had about 2 oz

> and she had 4. Mine were bright colored and hers looked faded. She asked

> me why I feed so little and what was wrong with the color of my carrots. I

> said this amount gives more nutrition that yours because it is only carrots,

> and that's why the color is so bright. I told her that her carrots had the

> wrong color and she had to feed more to get the same amount of nutrition in

> between all the filler.

> Beverly

> Texas

>

>

> Intro

>>

>> Hi!

>>

>> My name is and I live in the Kansas City metro area. I bought a

>> black Vitamix 5200 about a month ago at a home show. I really wanted

>> the platinum, but I figured the black would be fine in my kitchen. I

>> had been interested in Vitamix for about two years. I love the live

>> Vitamix demos. QVC and internet videos just aren't the same! I finally

>> decided to buy one to try to incorporate more fruits and vegetables in

>> my diet. I'm like a lot of people: processed foods, fa(s)t food, etc.

>> I also bought it to make our own baby food, I have a son scheduled to

>> be born tomorrow! I don't see the point of buying baby food in a jar.

>>

>> I've made it a goal, as I get started, to use my vitamix every day.

>> I'm a total newbie! I've just made smoothies and the occasional ice

>> cream. So far, just fruits, but I am going to get some veggies going too!

>>

>>

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

I would have bought one and if I thought my son would use it for his

daughter (a year old) I would send him one, but I know it would not

be used.

Velda

On 3/24/2011 9:02 AM, Berry wrote:

It steams and cooks

all in the same unit, with no need to do anything further

than put ingredients in it.  I agree that 100 is too much,

but I would certainly buy one if I had a baby to

feed-would recoup that in no time by avoiding buying

food. 

Subject: Re: Intro

Guest guest

I breastfed longer than most of my peers and fed only homemade. I

was considered a freak of nature by my fellow OB/Labor and Del

nurses, where I worked. Oh and did I say, I also had a home birth

which could easily have gotten me in trouble, but people knew me and

respected me to just look at me strange when I went back to work

part time.

Velda

On 3/24/2011 9:06 AM, fradal@... wrote:

I used a little manual food grinder too when my 25 year old

son was a baby.  The smell of some of the jarred stuff,

especially the meats, would make me want to gag! 

Fran

In a message dated 3/24/2011 10:44:55 A.M. Eastern

Daylight Time, foodfun@... writes:

When my 16 year old was a baby, I just steamed and

used a ricer or just a

fork. I still can't understand why people pay good

money for the little

jars. One day at a church social, I was feeding my

baby carrots and the

lady next to me was feeding her baby carrots, from a

jar. I had about 2 oz

and she had 4. Mine were bright colored and hers

looked faded. She asked

me why I feed so little and what was wrong with the

color of my carrots. I

said this amount gives more nutrition that yours

because it is only carrots,

and that's why the color is so bright. I told her that

her carrots had the

wrong color and she had to feed more to get the same

amount of nutrition in

between all the filler.

Beverly

Texas

Intro

>

> Hi!

>

> My name is and I live in the Kansas City

metro area. I bought a

> black Vitamix 5200 about a month ago at a home

show. I really wanted

> the platinum, but I figured the black would be

fine in my kitchen. I

> had been interested in Vitamix for about two

years. I love the live

> Vitamix demos. QVC and internet videos just

aren't the same! I finally

> decided to buy one to try to incorporate more

fruits and vegetables in

> my diet. I'm like a lot of people: processed

foods, fa(s)t food, etc.

> I also bought it to make our own baby food, I

have a son scheduled to

> be born tomorrow! I don't see the point of buying

baby food in a jar.

>

> I've made it a goal, as I get started, to use my

vitamix every day.

> I'm a total newbie! I've just made smoothies and

the occasional ice

> cream. So far, just fruits, but I am going to get

some veggies going too!

>

>

Guest guest

Hey, ! Nice to have you!

Intro

Hello,

I joined the group awhile ago but forgot to introduce myself. I live in MD with

my

husband and 4 children (ages 5 to 17).

I have owned the Turbo Blend 4500 for a few years and have made smoothies here

and there but it didn't get a lot of use. Then I realized that my teenage boys

were

eating only 2-3 servings of fruits/vegetables a day. I found this group when I

went searching

for ways to hide vegetables in their foods. :-) I'm adding spinach to the fruit

smoothies

and everyone likes it. I'm hoping to try some other vegetables that won't add to

much

to the taste of the smoothie.

Thanks for all of your wonderful expertise. I'm learning so much.

Guest guest

Hi ,WELCOME to the Vitamix Enthusiasts list!Have you seen the "Five Magic Veggies" page of my website? Those are some great ones to toss into practically anything and you won't know they are there! :-)

On Mar 25, 2011, at 9:01 AM, Thornton wrote:

Hello,

I joined the group awhile ago but forgot to introduce myself. I live in MD with

my

husband and 4 children (ages 5 to 17).

I have owned the Turbo Blend 4500 for a few years and have made smoothies here

and there but it didn't get a lot of use. Then I realized that my teenage boys

were

eating only 2-3 servings of fruits/vegetables a day. I found this group when I

went searching

for ways to hide vegetables in their foods. :-) I'm adding spinach to the fruit

smoothies

and everyone likes it. I'm hoping to try some other vegetables that won't add to

much

to the taste of the smoothie.

Thanks for all of your wonderful expertise. I'm learning so much.