RemedySpot.com

introduction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Kem - you were taking KI only. Lugol's and Iodoral are potassium Iodide (KI) and Iodine (I). Issues with taking it and hashi's are that you can be on too little. It kicks up the hydrogen perioxide reaction but there is not enough iodine to create the Iodolipids which put the breaks on the burning (H2O2) process. Are you taking any of the supporting nutrients? They are listed on the iodine supplement section of my website www.naturalthyroidchoices.com

Introduction

Hello,

I have been diagnosed with hypothyroid/hashimoto's. I went to the files and read about all the different types of iodines available. The one my doc put me on isn't on there so thought I would ask you guys about it.

This iodine is Biotics Research liquid iodine. The bottle says serving size is 1 drop. Amount per serving is 75 mcg. Ingredients say Iodine (as potassium iodide). Other ingredients listed are water, citric acid, potassium sorbate & sodium benzoate.

Doc told me to take 1 drop. I did this for a week and suddenly my Armour thyroid meds really started kicking back in again and I was feeling great. For the next week I took 4 drops per day and felt really really good until the 8th day. I aggitated the hashi's and had a really bad thyroid dump. I was so hyper for 2 days, constant fight mode, no one could even approach me lest I bite their face off.

After reading about Lugols and Iodoral it seems there is a big difference in dosing. If I used that much of this liquid iodine I have I'd problem end up in the hospital. I wonder if what I have is just super concentrated or can some people better utilize more iodine than others.

My doc said my thyroid had been in the tank for so long that the 4 drops released all the newly built up thyroid into my blood stream. I never want to have that happen to me again but I have to wonder if I will ever be able to add more iodine.

Kem in Eugene

<º)))><

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Welcome !---------- Forwarded message ----------From: <CMDSDIAS@...>Date: Thu, May 7, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Subject: Re: File - Please Introduce Yourself-owner

hi,

my name is Dias and Ilive in Cambridge, UK and I have a son with eight years old who has a diagnosis of autism, at the moment we are craking up with his sensory side and part of the OT's report was the reflex therapy and  I must admit that I am learning as I didn't heard of it until recently.

I am looking for courses and people that knows more about the method in the UK.

But any kind of feedback is very appreciated.

Guest guest

>

> Welcome !

>

> ---------- Forwarded message ----------

> From: <CMDSDIAS@...>

> Date: Thu, May 7, 2009 at 8:54 AM

> Subject: Re: File - Please Introduce Yourself

> -owner

>

>

> hi,

> my name is Dias and Ilive in Cambridge, UK and I have a son with

> eight years old who has a diagnosis of autism, at the moment we are craking

> up with his sensory side and part of the OT's report was the reflex

> therapy and I must admit that I am learning as I didn't heard of it until

> recently.

> I am looking for courses and people that knows more about the method in the

> UK.

> But any kind of feedback is very appreciated.

>

>

>

Hi ,

My name is Lyn Wells and I am based in the UK in Bramhall near Manchester.I am

trained as a Neuro-Developmental Therapist with INPP (Sally Goddard and

Blythe) and have also trained in Rhythmic Movement Training with Harald Blomberg

which incorporates some aspects of Svetlana's approach.

Lyn

info@...

Guest guest

Hi ,

I will try to connect yu with a parent who was in our camp in Singapore & she is

staying in UK.

Hope it help!

Yonie

From: Freitas <valfreitas2k@...> Sent: Friday, May 8, 2009 12:18:04 AMSubject: Fwd: Introduction

Welcome !

---------- Forwarded message ----------From: <CMDSDIASaol (DOT) com>Date: Thu, May 7, 2009 at 8:54 AMSubject: Re: File - Please Introduce Yourselfchildrenwithchallen ges-owner

hi,

my name is Dias and Ilive in Cambridge, UK and I have a son with eight years old who has a diagnosis of autism, at the moment we are craking up with his sensory side and part of the OT's report was the reflex therapy and I must admit that I am learning as I didn't heard of it until recently.

I am looking for courses and people that knows more about the method in the UK.

But any kind of feedback is very appreciated.

The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier. Optimized for Get it Now for Free!

• 6 months later...

Hi Kathy~~That is wonderful that you have been symptom free for several months. Would you like to share more on how you did this? I am very interested. I for one can not take most of the meds they want to give me.

Love & Hugs

Cyn Boyd

Blue Lark Sakima

Iowa

-- Introduction

Hello Everybody,

My name is Kathy and I am a 43 year old stay at home wife and homeschooling mother in Lexington, Ky. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years ago. Five years ago I had to quit my job as a Registered Nurse because the pain, fibro-fog, and fatigue became so bad. I, of course, went to the rheumatologist, to physical therapy, took a ton of meds... none of it helped. So I started looking into alternative healing. We began to wage war against the chemicals in our home and in our food. We also concentrate a lot of effort toward getting the nutrition we need in our diet. It is almost a full-time job, but it does help. At present my fibromyalgia is completely managed via diet, diet supplements, and herbals. I am blessed to have been symptom-free for close to four months now.

Otherwise, I spend my time with my family. I have a 23 year old son, a 19 year old son, and a 16 year old daughter. I also have a beautiful daughter-in-law and a 15 month old baby granddaughter! I have a wide variety of interests I have developed while lying on the couch for eight years. I like to write, blog, build websites, & research herbal healing. I also love to cook, sew, and make soap as energy permits, and this year I even had my very first garden! Lots and lots of yummy tomatoes, peppers, green beans, potatoes, and more!

If you're interested, you can learn more about me at www.handmaidensjoy.me (personal journey) or www.handmaidensjoy.com (personal belief system - but caution... sometimes it's controversial). I haven't blogged in awhile due to a new home business I have started, but I'd love to have you visit anyway.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Have a blessed & joyful day!

In Him,

Kathy

It's a ZOEful Life!

www.ZOEfulLife.com

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to our family. You're going to be a great asset to us, I can tell. We are always pursuing alternative methods to treat our various ailments and fibro in particular. I'm going to check out your blog as soon as I can.

Pam

Introduction

Hello Everybody,

My name is Kathy and I am a 43 year old stay at home wife and homeschooling mother in Lexington, Ky. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years ago. Five years ago I had to quit my job as a Registered Nurse because the pain, fibro-fog, and fatigue became so bad. I, of course, went to the rheumatologist, to physical therapy, took a ton of meds.. none of it helped. So I started looking into alternative healing. We began to wage war against the chemicals in our home and in our food. We also concentrate a lot of effort toward getting the nutrition we need in our diet. It is almost a full-time job, but it does help. At present my fibromyalgia is completely managed via diet, diet supplements, and herbals. I am blessed to have been symptom-free for close to four months now.

Otherwise, I spend my time with my family. I have a 23 year old son, a 19 year old son, and a 16 year old daughter. I also have a beautiful daughter-in-law and a 15 month old baby granddaughter! I have a wide variety of interests I have developed while lying on the couch for eight years. I like to write, blog, build websites, & research herbal healing. I also love to cook, sew, and make soap as energy permits, and this year I even had my very first garden! Lots and lots of yummy tomatoes, peppers, green beans, potatoes, and more!

If you're interested, you can learn more about me at www.handmaidensjoy.me (personal journey) or www.handmaidensjoy.com (personal belief system - but caution... sometimes it's controversial). I haven't blogged in awhile due to a new home business I have started, but I'd love to have you visit anyway.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Have a blessed & joyful day!

In Him,

Kathy

It's a ZOEful Life!

www.ZOEfulLife.com

---Really-- I was just checking out her web-site. My bod doesn't like meds either.But doin healthy things seems to be more exp[ensive. Cheaper to open a can o peaches. lol

**************************** karen*MW in LA **********************************8

From: Cyn Boyd <cynboyd_60@...>Subject: Re: Introduction Date: Sunday, November 22, 2009, 8:29 PM

Hi Kathy~~That is wonderful that you have been symptom free for several months. Would you like to share more on how you did this? I am very interested. I for one can not take most of the meds they want to give me.

Love & Hugs

Cyn Boyd

Blue Lark Sakima

Iowa

-- Introduction

Hello Everybody,

My name is Kathy and I am a 43 year old stay at home wife and homeschooling mother in Lexington, Ky. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years ago. Five years ago I had to quit my job as a Registered Nurse because the pain, fibro-fog, and fatigue became so bad. I, of course, went to the rheumatologist, to physical therapy, took a ton of meds... none of it helped. So I started looking into alternative healing. We began to wage war against the chemicals in our home and in our food. We also concentrate a lot of effort toward getting the nutrition we need in our diet. It is almost a full-time job, but it does help. At present my fibromyalgia is completely managed via diet, diet supplements, and herbals. I am blessed to have been symptom-free for close to four months now.

Otherwise, I spend my time with my family. I have a 23 year old son, a 19 year old son, and a 16 year old daughter. I also have a beautiful daughter-in- law and a 15 month old baby granddaughter! I have a wide variety of interests I have developed while lying on the couch for eight years. I like to write, blog, build websites, & research herbal healing. I also love to cook, sew, and make soap as energy permits, and this year I even had my very first garden! Lots and lots of yummy tomatoes, peppers, green beans, potatoes, and more!

If you're interested, you can learn more about me at www.handmaidensjoy. me (personal journey) or www.handmaidensjoy. com (personal belief system - but caution... sometimes it's controversial) . I haven't blogged in awhile due to a new home business I have started, but I'd love to have you visit anyway.

In Him,

Kathy

It's a ZOEful Life!

www.ZOEfulLife. com

Beautiful blog sites Kathy - you are obviously very creative & I was impressed to read yr article about "feminine dressing" - that's kinda how I have always felt myself but modern society has never supported such "fashion" - ha ha! And my husband seems to indicate that he likes me to look "modern" i.e. wearing jeans. I love sewing too but lately I have had too many "failed" attempts that have kinda damped my enthusiasm for making my own clothes - the main problem being the patterns themselves - they just don't make up as shown on the picture. Not to mention that due to the brain fog I spend way too much unpicking!!!

Lovely to meet you here,

Pru

Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 7:05 AM

Subject: Introduction

Hello Everybody,

In Him,

Kathy

It's a ZOEful Life!

www.ZOEfulLife.com

Yes I sure agree with you there MW - I have spent (wasted) so much money on so many different supplements over the past 5 years that basically did absolutely zilch to improve my health - I think one of the main problems is that our (people with Fibro) digestive systems are so compromised in their function that most of the "goodies" i.e. vits & minerals, just go straight thru - so you might as well have just emptied the supplement into the toilet! Plus I have found that my body is "sensitive" to quite a few supplements including some herbal teas (just as it is also "sensitive" to most drugs of any kind!) However, I am now taking a Calcium/Magnesium powder that mixes into water & thus gets absorbed before hitting the gut proper & of course, I also take Vit C powder mixed in water for the same reason - but that's it except for a Vit D tablet every day due to the serious Osteoporosis.

However, I did read about Kathy's Zoe supplement powder & that does sound good as per being mixed in water - I think I will look into it a bit further. I do believe that yr nutrition needs to come from the actual foods themselves.

Pru

Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 7:36 AM

Subject: Re: Introduction

---Really-- I was just checking out her web-site. My bod doesn't like meds either.But doin healthy things seems to be more exp[ensive. Cheaper to open a can o peaches. lol

**************************** karen*MW in LA **********************************8

From: Cyn Boyd <cynboyd_60@...>Subject: Re: Introduction Date: Sunday, November 22, 2009, 8:29 PM

Love & Hugs

Cyn Boyd

Blue Lark Sakima

Iowa

-- Introduction

Hello Everybody,

Otherwise, I spend my time with my family. I have a 23 year old son, a 19 year old son, and a 16 year old daughter. I also have a beautiful daughter-in- law and a 15 month old baby granddaughter! I have a wide variety of interests I have developed while lying on the couch for eight years. I like to write, blog, build websites, & research herbal healing. I also love to cook, sew, and make soap as energy permits, and this year I even had my very first garden! Lots and lots of yummy tomatoes, peppers, green beans, potatoes, and more!

If you're interested, you can learn more about me at www.handmaidensjoy. me (personal journey) or www.handmaidensjoy. com (personal belief system - but caution... sometimes it's controversial) . I haven't blogged in awhile due to a new home business I have started, but I'd love to have you visit anyway.

In Him,

Kathy

It's a ZOEful Life!

www.ZOEfulLife. com

Nice to meet you Kathy

I live in Tasmania... Down Under. Amazing isn't it how we all come together from the different corners of the world.

There is more than one KATHY on the list now, would you all mind specifying which one you are when signing off..... would help me remember (brain fog). Thanks heaps.

I too am looking forward to getting into your site, maybe later when a few chores are done.

Please do be specific and tell us exactly what has worked for you, we all try different things, some work for some and .... some for others. We are all so different, and our bodies have very different metabolisms. Where many folks eat low carb, some do require those healthy carbs.... where some eat low fat.... well you get the drift I am sure. I am strictly limited in what vegetables and fruits I can eat...(due to multiple chemical sensitivity) and yet others blossom with natures best! I take no drugs for FMS, as the side effects were almost worse than the illness itself. When you have time I too would like to hear your story.

Till next time, Cheer's from Clare in Taz

Hi Cyn,

It's great to meet you! As I said a little bit in my introduction, I started off just pursuing healing. I remember we went off of Diet Rite so that we could afford higher quality food (like organics and such) and I was blown away by how much difference that made in the way I felt. At that time I blamed the Splenda (and I already didn't trust aspartame), but now I think the reason sodas affect me so adversely has something to do with the phosphorus. (Have you read the phosphate-overload theory?) Now I can drink one or two sodas and already start to feel bad. So the first thing I did was go off of ALL sodas and replace them with water.

Then I just made it my philosophy not to eat anything I couldn't pronounce. That, of course, is easier said than done. I wasn't always successful, but I did make that my goal. I also began to look into our environment... did a lot of cleaning with vinegar and baking soda and other natural stuff. When I learned that you might as well eat what you put on your skin, I started to look for personal care products without all the toxins. We also try not to store food in plastic or cook in teflon.... lots of stuff to look into. Like I said, it is almost a full-time job.

But the thing that made the most major difference of all was adding the Zoe Life to our diet. I am a distributor of Zoe Life, so I'm trying to be careful not to come across that you have to take Zoe Life to feel better. But I do believe that it is IMPERATIVE that you get those fruits & vegetables. And not just any fruits and vegetables. They need to be raw or nearly raw. Heat kills the antioxidants and phytonutrients. That leaves out fruit juices, too, unless they are fresh squeezed. The next best thing is fruits & veggies dried at a low temperature. That is what is in Zoe Life. Just 20 fruits & vegetables, gently dried and crushed into a powder. The fruits and veggies also need to come from a variety of sources. Try to get a bunch of different colors in your veggies.

My problem was that I didn't like fruits and vegetables, (I was devastated to learn that french fries don't even count!) and I had a hard time keeping them fresh. I'd have good intentions... bring them home fresh and put them in my refrigerator bin.... then a few days later they'd be rotted and dripping and I'd throw them away. I also don't like many raw fruits and veggies. Most of them I'd cook them to death, which killed my phytonutrients and antioxidants. Freezing also kills a substantial amount.

Anyway, being a do-it-yourself-er, I didn't like the idea of having to buy fruits and veggies all dried and powdered up for me, but I finally came to the conclusion that despite my good intentions, I wasn't going to do it myself and I knew I needed my fruits and veggies.

I had high hopes that Zoe Life would help me, but no one was more surprised than me when my symptoms started to go away altogether. I told my husband about it, but then told him it must be a placebo effect. I never expected it to last because I had gone through spells before where I felt better and they didn't last. But then I realized my mind was clear again. You can't placebo away mental fog, can you? That was the first thing I noticed, followed by lessened fatigue, and finally the pain went away as well. I expected a little boost... not anything this drastic. I am so excited.

I am also a Christian and would never tell you anything that was untrue. This is not meant to be an advertisement. I just want to share with others who are going through the same thing I went through.

Blessings,

Kathy

It's a ZOEful Life!

www.ZOEfulLife.com

>> Hi Kathy~~That is wonderful that you have been symptom free for several> months. Would you like to share more on how you did this? I am very> interested. I for one can not take most of the meds they want to give me. > > Love & Hugs > > Cyn Boyd > Blue Lark Sakima > Iowa > > > > -- Introduction > > > > > Hello Everybody, > My name is Kathy and I am a 43 year old stay at home wife and homeschooling> mother in Lexington, Ky. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years> ago. Five years ago I had to quit my job as a Registered Nurse because the> pain, fibro-fog, and fatigue became so bad. I, of course, went to the> rheumatologist, to physical therapy, took a ton of meds... none of it helped> So I started looking into alternative healing. We began to wage war> against the chemicals in our home and in our food. We also concentrate a> lot of effort toward getting the nutrition we need in our diet. It is> almost a full-time job, but it does help. At present my fibromyalgia is> completely managed via diet, diet supplements, and herbals. I am blessed to> have been symptom-free for close to four months now. > Otherwise, I spend my time with my family. I have a 23 year old son, a 19> year old son, and a 16 year old daughter. I also have a beautiful> daughter-in-law and a 15 month old baby granddaughter! I have a wide> variety of interests I have developed while lying on the couch for eight> years. I like to write, blog, build websites, & research herbal healing. I> also love to cook, sew, and make soap as energy permits, and this year I> even had my very first garden! Lots and lots of yummy tomatoes, peppers,> green beans, potatoes, and more! > If you're interested, you can learn more about me at www.handmaidensjoy.me> (personal journey) or www.handmaidensjoy.com (personal belief system - but> caution... sometimes it's controversial). I haven't blogged in awhile due> to a new home business I have started, but I'd love to have you visit anyway> > I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Have a blessed & joyful> day! > In Him, > Kathy > It's a ZOEful Life! > www.ZOEfulLife.com>

Thanks, Pam! It's very nice to meet you. I need to write more on my blogs. I have good intentions, but right now I'm working on a Fibromyalgia website in hopes of being some help to those who are struggling with the disease. Hopefully I'll get back to blogging soon.

Blessings,

Kathy

It's a ZOEful Life!

www.ZOEfulLife.com

>> Hi Kathy,> > Welcome to our family. You're going to be a great asset to us, I can tell. We are always pursuing alternative methods to treat our various ailments and fibro in particular. I'm going to check out your blog as soon as I can.> > Pam> > > Introduction> > > > > Hello Everybody,> > My name is Kathy and I am a 43 year old stay at home wife and homeschooling mother in Lexington, Ky. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years ago. Five years ago I had to quit my job as a Registered Nurse because the pain, fibro-fog, and fatigue became so bad. I, of course, went to the rheumatologist, to physical therapy, took a ton of meds... none of it helped. So I started looking into alternative healing. We began to wage war against the chemicals in our home and in our food. We also concentrate a lot of effort toward getting the nutrition we need in our diet. It is almost a full-time job, but it does help. At present my fibromyalgia is completely managed via diet, diet supplements, and herbals. I am blessed to have been symptom-free for close to four months now.> > Otherwise, I spend my time with my family. I have a 23 year old son, a 19 year old son, and a 16 year old daughter. I also have a beautiful daughter-in-law and a 15 month old baby granddaughter! I have a wide variety of interests I have developed while lying on the couch for eight years. I like to write, blog, build websites, & research herbal healing. I also love to cook, sew, and make soap as energy permits, and this year I even had my very first garden! Lots and lots of yummy tomatoes, peppers, green beans, potatoes, and more!> > If you're interested, you can learn more about me at www.handmaidensjoy.me (personal journey) or www.handmaidensjoy.com (personal belief system - but caution... sometimes it's controversial). I haven't blogged in awhile due to a new home business I have started, but I'd love to have you visit anyway.> > I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Have a blessed & joyful day!> > In Him,> > Kathy> > It's a ZOEful Life!> > www.ZOEfulLife.com>

Hi Pru,

As I've said many, many times, wearing all dresses/skirts is a personal choice for me and not what I believe everyone should do. I especially think it is important to please your husband. I think a woman can look beautiful and feminine in jeans. I think it all depends on what makes you feel pretty.

I was very frustrated when I first started sewing, too. I still don't like to try new patterns. I have a skirt pattern I use over and over again because it's easy and I know I like it and it fits well.

It's very nice to meet you!

Blessings,Kathy

It's a ZOEful Life!www.ZOEfulLife.com

>> Beautiful blog sites Kathy - you are obviously very creative & I was impressed to read yr article about "feminine dressing" - that's kinda how I have always felt myself but modern society has never supported such "fashion" - ha ha! And my husband seems to indicate that he likes me to look "modern" i.e. wearing jeans. I love sewing too but lately I have had too many "failed" attempts that have kinda damped my enthusiasm for making my own clothes - the main problem being the patterns themselves - they just don't make up as shown on the picture. Not to mention that due to the brain fog I spend way too much unpicking!!!> > Lovely to meet you here,> > Pru> > > From: Kathy > Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 7:05 AM> > Subject: Introduction> > > > > Hello Everybody,> > My name is Kathy and I am a 43 year old stay at home wife and homeschooling mother in Lexington, Ky. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years ago. Five years ago I had to quit my job as a Registered Nurse because the pain, fibro-fog, and fatigue became so bad. I, of course, went to the rheumatologist, to physical therapy, took a ton of meds... none of it helped. So I started looking into alternative healing. We began to wage war against the chemicals in our home and in our food. We also concentrate a lot of effort toward getting the nutrition we need in our diet. It is almost a full-time job, but it does help. At present my fibromyalgia is completely managed via diet, diet supplements, and herbals. I am blessed to have been symptom-free for close to four months now.> > Otherwise, I spend my time with my family. I have a 23 year old son, a 19 year old son, and a 16 year old daughter. I also have a beautiful daughter-in-law and a 15 month old baby granddaughter! I have a wide variety of interests I have developed while lying on the couch for eight years. I like to write, blog, build websites, & research herbal healing. I also love to cook, sew, and make soap as energy permits, and this year I even had my very first garden! Lots and lots of yummy tomatoes, peppers, green beans, potatoes, and more!> > If you're interested, you can learn more about me at www.handmaidensjoy.me (personal journey) or www.handmaidensjoy.com (personal belief system - but caution... sometimes it's controversial). I haven't blogged in awhile due to a new home business I have started, but I'd love to have you visit anyway.> > I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Have a blessed & joyful day!> > In Him,> > Kathy> > It's a ZOEful Life!> > www.ZOEfulLife.com>

Hi ,

I can totally relate. If you read my blog, you'll see that frugality is something that's very important to me. I'm constantly looking for ways to save money. I am a big do-it-yourself-er for that reason. I even had a garden this year in order to have free, fresh, organic produce. It would be much better and cheaper if you could just open a can of peaches, but they've been heated and most of the phytonutrients and antioxidants have already died the death. Believe me, I've looked into all of this.

Despite the added cost, I knew I wasn't getting something in my diet that needed to be there. My husband and I tend to look for stuff we can give up in order to afford something else we feel like we need. (For instance, we cut down on meat and started eating more vegetarians meals in order to afford grass-fed beef and free-range chicken on occasion.) I have a friend who exchanged the money she was spending on sodas for her monthly supply of Zoe Life. She has since lost 43 pounds! (Yes... whole foods bump up your metabolism because your body no longer feels like it's starving.) After the fact, I've found that I've saved much more in doctor visit and medication co-pays than I ever spend on Zoe.

Anyway, it was great "meeting" you. Hope to talk to you more soon!

Blessings,

Kathy

It's a ZOEful Life!

www.ZOEfulLife.com

> > > From: Cyn Boyd cynboyd_60@...> Subject: Re: Introduction> > Date: Sunday, November 22, 2009, 8:29 PM> > >  > > > > > > > > >  Hi Kathy~~That is wonderful that you have been symptom free for several months. Would you like to share more on how you did this? I am very interested. I for one can not take most of the meds they want to give me. >  > > > Love & Hugs> > Cyn Boyd> Blue Lark Sakima> Iowa>  >  >  > -- Introduction>  > Hello Everybody,> My name is Kathy and I am a 43 year old stay at home wife and homeschooling mother in Lexington, Ky. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years ago. Five years ago I had to quit my job as a Registered Nurse because the pain, fibro-fog, and fatigue became so bad. I, of course, went to the rheumatologist, to physical therapy, took a ton of meds... none of it helped. So I started looking into alternative healing. We began to wage war against the chemicals in our home and in our food. We also concentrate a lot of effort toward getting the nutrition we need in our diet. It is almost a full-time job, but it does help.  At present my fibromyalgia is completely managed via diet, diet supplements, and herbals. I am blessed to have been symptom-free for close to four months now.> Otherwise, I spend my time with my family. I have a 23 year old son, a 19 year old son, and a 16 year old daughter. I also have a beautiful daughter-in- law and a 15 month old baby granddaughter! I have a wide variety of interests I have developed while lying on the couch for eight years.  I like to write, blog, build websites, & research herbal healing. I also love to cook, sew, and make soap as energy permits, and this year I even had my very first garden! Lots and lots of yummy tomatoes, peppers, green beans, potatoes, and more!> If you're interested, you can learn more about me at www.handmaidensjoy. me (personal journey) or www.handmaidensjoy. com (personal belief system - but caution... sometimes it's controversial) . I haven't blogged in awhile due to a new home business I have started, but I'd love to have you visit anyway.> I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Have a blessed & joyful day!> In Him,> Kathy> It's a ZOEful Life!> www.ZOEfulLife. com>  > >  >

Mmmm ... sober reminder there Kathy re the power of the "Placebo Effect"! I am a firm believer in it after observing it's effect in others & myself. And studies have now shown that yes indeed the mind can alter the actual physical operation of the body but it can't sustain it - the maximum effect can be held for about a few months but then it will gradually dwindle away until you are back to where you started - with the same old symptoms!

Most recently I was convinced to try Chiropracty to remedy the pain of Fibro & sure enough after only a few manipulations I did start to feel myself improving, even the brain fog was lifting - so I was very impressed & continued the weekly treatments - however, after about 6 weeks I noticed the fatigue & pain was creeping back again & so I thought "oh phooey - why should I keep paying for a "placebo effect"! and quit.

But yes I do like the theory of that Zoe powder & will read more about it.

Pru

Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 8:22 AM

Subject: Re: Introduction

Hi Cyn,

It's great to meet you! As I said a little bit in my introduction, I started off just pursuing healing. I remember we went off of Diet Rite so that we could afford higher quality food (like organics and such) and I was blown away by how much difference that made in the way I felt. At that time I blamed the Splenda (and I already didn't trust aspartame), but now I think the reason sodas affect me so adversely has something to do with the phosphorus. (Have you read the phosphate-overload theory?) Now I can drink one or two sodas and already start to feel bad. So the first thing I did was go off of ALL sodas and replace them with water.

Then I just made it my philosophy not to eat anything I couldn't pronounce. That, of course, is easier said than done. I wasn't always successful, but I did make that my goal. I also began to look into our environment... did a lot of cleaning with vinegar and baking soda and other natural stuff. When I learned that you might as well eat what you put on your skin, I started to look for personal care products without all the toxins. We also try not to store food in plastic or cook in teflon.... lots of stuff to look into. Like I said, it is almost a full-time job.

But the thing that made the most major difference of all was adding the Zoe Life to our diet. I am a distributor of Zoe Life, so I'm trying to be careful not to come across that you have to take Zoe Life to feel better. But I do believe that it is IMPERATIVE that you get those fruits & vegetables. And not just any fruits and vegetables. They need to be raw or nearly raw. Heat kills the antioxidants and phytonutrients. That leaves out fruit juices, too, unless they are fresh squeezed. The next best thing is fruits & veggies dried at a low temperature. That is what is in Zoe Life. Just 20 fruits & vegetables, gently dried and crushed into a powder. The fruits and veggies also need to come from a variety of sources. Try to get a bunch of different colors in your veggies.

My problem was that I didn't like fruits and vegetables, (I was devastated to learn that french fries don't even count!) and I had a hard time keeping them fresh. I'd have good intentions... bring them home fresh and put them in my refrigerator bin.... then a few days later they'd be rotted and dripping and I'd throw them away. I also don't like many raw fruits and veggies. Most of them I'd cook them to death, which killed my phytonutrients and antioxidants. Freezing also kills a substantial amount.

Anyway, being a do-it-yourself-er, I didn't like the idea of having to buy fruits and veggies all dried and powdered up for me, but I finally came to the conclusion that despite my good intentions, I wasn't going to do it myself and I knew I needed my fruits and veggies.

I had high hopes that Zoe Life would help me, but no one was more surprised than me when my symptoms started to go away altogether. I told my husband about it, but then told him it must be a placebo effect. I never expected it to last because I had gone through spells before where I felt better and they didn't last. But then I realized my mind was clear again. You can't placebo away mental fog, can you? That was the first thing I noticed, followed by lessened fatigue, and finally the pain went away as well. I expected a little boost... not anything this drastic. I am so excited.

I am also a Christian and would never tell you anything that was untrue. This is not meant to be an advertisement. I just want to share with others who are going through the same thing I went through.

Blessings,

Kathy

It's a ZOEful Life!

www.ZOEfulLife.com

>> Hi Kathy~~That is wonderful that you have been symptom free for several> months. Would you like to share more on how you did this? I am very> interested. I for one can not take most of the meds they want to give me. > > Love & Hugs > > Cyn Boyd > Blue Lark Sakima > Iowa > > > > -- Introduction > > > > > Hello Everybody, > My name is Kathy and I am a 43 year old stay at home wife and homeschooling> mother in Lexington, Ky. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years> ago. Five years ago I had to quit my job as a Registered Nurse because the> pain, fibro-fog, and fatigue became so bad. I, of course, went to the> rheumatologist, to physical therapy, took a ton of meds... none of it helped> So I started looking into alternative healing. We began to wage war> against the chemicals in our home and in our food. We also concentrate a> lot of effort toward getting the nutrition we need in our diet. It is> almost a full-time job, but it does help. At present my fibromyalgia is> completely managed via diet, diet supplements, and herbals. I am blessed to> have been symptom-free for close to four months now. > Otherwise, I spend my time with my family. I have a 23 year old son, a 19> year old son, and a 16 year old daughter. I also have a beautiful> daughter-in-law and a 15 month old baby granddaughter! I have a wide> variety of interests I have developed while lying on the couch for eight> years. I like to write, blog, build websites, & research herbal healing. I> also love to cook, sew, and make soap as energy permits, and this year I> even had my very first garden! Lots and lots of yummy tomatoes, peppers,> green beans, potatoes, and more! > If you're interested, you can learn more about me at www.handmaidensjoy.me> (personal journey) or www.handmaidensjoy.com (personal belief system - but> caution... sometimes it's controversial). I haven't blogged in awhile due> to a new home business I have started, but I'd love to have you visit anyway> > I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Have a blessed & joyful> day! > In Him, > Kathy > It's a ZOEful Life! > www.ZOEfulLife.com>

Hi again, Pru...

Believe it or not, I am actually anti-supplement.. lol. If Zoe Life hadn't been "real food" I would never have touched it. I hear alot of stuff about this drink and that, where they've extracted antioxidants from this food and that and added it to some liquid and what have you. I would never have put any of that in my body to begin with. I researched and looked into Zoe Life for almost a month before I ever tried it.

I agree with you on vitamins. Your body doesn't recognize them as food because... er... they're NOT food. You'll notice, most of them say to take with food or milk. That's to "trick" your body into absorbing them. The exception might be "whole food" vitamins, but then you have the big ??? about whether or not they're going to break down in time for your stomach to absorb them or if they're going to pass through your body and become very expensive urine.

In Him,

Kathy

It's a ZOEful Life!

www.ZOEfulLife.com

>> Yes I sure agree with you there MW - I have spent (wasted) so much money on so many different supplements over the past 5 years that basically did absolutely zilch to improve my health - I think one of the main problems is that our (people with Fibro) digestive systems are so compromised in their function that most of the "goodies" i.e. vits & minerals, just go straight thru - so you might as well have just emptied the supplement into the toilet! Plus I have found that my body is "sensitive" to quite a few supplements including some herbal teas (just as it is also "sensitive" to most drugs of any kind!) However, I am now taking a Calcium/Magnesium powder that mixes into water & thus gets absorbed before hitting the gut proper & of course, I also take Vit C powder mixed in water for the same reason - but that's it except for a Vit D tablet every day due to the serious Osteoporosis.> > However, I did read about Kathy's Zoe supplement powder & that does sound good as per being mixed in water - I think I will look into it a bit further. I do believe that yr nutrition needs to come from the actual foods themselves.> > Pru>

Hi Clare,

Nice to meet you as well! I can start to sign my name Kathy B. if that would help.

I was talking to my husband last night about the meds they used to try to treat my fibromyalgia. Honestly, none of them worked for me either. They just seemed to make matters worse with the side effects. My stomach is still a mess from all the anti-inflammatories, and fibro is supposedly not even an inflammatory disease.

I am in the process of working on a fibromyalgia website and just finished typing up my "fibro journal" that I kept for a few months after I was first had to quit my job. Looking back, it is really sad. I remember feeling so hopeless and not knowing where to turn since my doctors didn't seem to have the answers. That is why I've decided to do this website. It is something I feel the Lord would have me to share.

I wrote a blog in May of this year that summarizes a bit of what I did to help myself feel better. This was written about a month before Zoe Life, so I was still having symptoms. But they had decreased a BUNCH since I was first diagnosed. The blog can be found here: http://handmaidensjoy.com/2009/05/15/beating-the-tar-out-of-fibromyalgia.aspx.

I hope that helps!

Blessings,

Kathy B.

It's a ZOEful Life!

www.ZOEfulLife.com

>> Nice to meet you Kathy> I live in Tasmania... Down Under. Amazing isn't it how we all come together from the different corners of the world.> > There is more than one KATHY on the list now, would you all mind specifying which one you are when signing off..... would help me remember (brain fog). Thanks heaps.> > I too am looking forward to getting into your site, maybe later when a few chores are done.> > Please do be specific and tell us exactly what has worked for you, we all try different things, some work for some and .... some for others. We are all so different, and our bodies have very different metabolisms. Where many folks eat low carb, some do require those healthy carbs.... where some eat low fat.... well you get the drift I am sure. I am strictly limited in what vegetables and fruits I can eat...(due to multiple chemical sensitivity) and yet others blossom with natures best! I take no drugs for FMS, as the side effects were almost worse than the illness itself. When you have time I too would like to hear your story.> > Till next time, Cheer's from Clare in Taz>

Wow! Didn't realize the placebo effect could last so long. I was suspicious of my "healing" for awhile, but when the excitement of running a new business wore off and I was still feeling "normal", I stopped worrying about it so much. It's been four months now. I truly believe that since God made us and God made food, if we eat the right things (and don't eat the UNright things), our bodies were created to heal themselves. I think that's what happened with me.

~ Kathy B. ~

It's a ZOEful Life!

www.ZOEfulLife.com

> >> > Hi Kathy~~That is wonderful that you have been symptom free for several> > months. Would you like to share more on how you did this? I am very> > interested. I for one can not take most of the meds they want to give me. > > > > Love & Hugs > > > > Cyn Boyd > > Blue Lark Sakima > > Iowa > > > > > > > > -- Introduction > > > > > > > > > > Hello Everybody, > > My name is Kathy and I am a 43 year old stay at home wife and homeschooling> > mother in Lexington, Ky. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 8 years> > ago. Five years ago I had to quit my job as a Registered Nurse because the> > pain, fibro-fog, and fatigue became so bad. I, of course, went to the> > rheumatologist, to physical therapy, took a ton of meds... none of it helped> > So I started looking into alternative healing. We began to wage war> > against the chemicals in our home and in our food. We also concentrate a> > lot of effort toward getting the nutrition we need in our diet. It is> > almost a full-time job, but it does help. At present my fibromyalgia is> > completely managed via diet, diet supplements, and herbals. I am blessed to> > have been symptom-free for close to four months now. > > Otherwise, I spend my time with my family. I have a 23 year old son, a 19> > year old son, and a 16 year old daughter. I also have a beautiful> > daughter-in-law and a 15 month old baby granddaughter! I have a wide> > variety of interests I have developed while lying on the couch for eight> > years. I like to write, blog, build websites, & research herbal healing. I> > also love to cook, sew, and make soap as energy permits, and this year I> > even had my very first garden! Lots and lots of yummy tomatoes, peppers,> > green beans, potatoes, and more! > > If you're interested, you can learn more about me at www.handmaidensjoy.me> > (personal journey) or www.handmaidensjoy.com (personal belief system - but> > caution... sometimes it's controversial). I haven't blogged in awhile due> > to a new home business I have started, but I'd love to have you visit anyway> > > > I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. Have a blessed & joyful> > day! > > In Him, > > Kathy > > It's a ZOEful Life! > > www.ZOEfulLife.com> >>

Hi Kathy - Welcome to our group where we enjoy sharing healing ideas and

the many different aspects of our lives. Like you, I am passionate about

the healing power (Phytonutrients, Glyconutrients etc) of natural foods.

Fresh fruit, berries, vegies, and herbs etc. I also enjoy growing my

own medicinal herbs. Your " first garden " sounds really delightful. I

hope you enjoy increased well-being every day.

Hugs & Cheers

Carlene

>

>

> Hello Everybody,

>

> My name is Kathy and I am a 43 year old stay at home wife and

> homeschooling mother in Lexington, Ky. I was diagnosed with

> fibromyalgia about 8 years ago. Five years ago I had to quit my job as

> a Registered Nurse because the pain, fibro-fog, and fatigue became so

Hi Carlene & thanks for the welcome. My focus in the past few years with fibromyalgia has been on what I should omit from my diet, when really I should have been looking at what I need to add to it, as well. I am so thankful to have found what my body apparently needed.

I LOVED gardening this year. It was a "lasagna garden" meaning a NO DIG garden. My poor teenage son followed me around Lowe's and carried bags and bags of soil, peat moss, and compost home for me and dumped them on my little plots so I could plant my vegetables. Very little weeds and pests this year because the garden was new. My teenage daughter and her friends had a fascination with the vegetables when they came in, so I rarely even had to harvest them. Even though they called it my garden, it was basically a family affair. I really loved having fresh veggies straight from the garden. There's nothing like it.

Blessings,

Kathy B.

It's a ZOEful Life!

www.ZOEfulLife.com

>> > Hi Kathy - Welcome to our group where we enjoy sharing healing ideas and> the many different aspects of our lives. Like you, I am passionate about> the healing power (Phytonutrients, Glyconutrients etc) of natural foods.> Fresh fruit, berries, vegies, and herbs etc. I also enjoy growing my> own medicinal herbs. Your "first garden" sounds really delightful. I> hope you enjoy increased well-being every day.> > Hugs & Cheers> > Carlene

• 2 weeks later...

Chana,

Thanks. Where do you live? I have never done a neurodevelopmental program with my daughter before. I am considering home schooling my daughter as well. I would love to ask you some questions about that too!

• 1 month later...

Hi Tricia, It is nice to hear you had a good experience at the conference.

Would you mind telling me about it. I have an 8 yr old son named n who

has C.P. he was born 26 weeks gestation and had a severe bilateral brain bleed

when he was 1 day old. He started walking at age 6 and i don't think he's

stopped since (lol). He is nonverbal. I am interested in this method b/c

n has so many abnormal body movements and the older and stronger he gets

the more severe they are becoming. His most severe is crossing bent at his

right elbo over to his left shoulder then he gets himself so tight in that

position. He can do this for so long. I have a hard time pulling him from the

position he has gotton so strong. His therapist don't have any answers which is

why I am checking this it. Any information you have I would love to hear!

Diane

>

> Hi, my name is Tricia Borsch.   My daughter, Holly and I just returned from a

Family Conference in CA with Svetlana.  OH MY GOODNESS, what a life changing

experience it was for both of us!!!!!

>  

> Holly was diagnosed with Developmental Delays at age 3.  Being a teacher for

children with autism, I always thought that she was somewhere on the Spectrum

but she was never diagnosed with it even though I asked many Drs. for their

opinion.  Svetlana proved to us that she has " characteristics of being on the

spectrum " but it was really holding onto her primitive flexes.  We saw and

continue to see on an everyday basis so many changes.  I have become the biggest

advocate of this program and telling anyone and everyone that I know that have

children with disabilities to look into this program.

>  

> Holly and I live in Tequesta, Florida - about 20 minutes north of West Palm

Beach.  We have 3 dogs and 2 cats.  Anyone else in this area?

>  

> Looking forward to being involved with this group.

>

Hi Diane -

We had a wonderful and life changing experience at the Conference. I felt the need to respond right away to you to share what I experienced not with my own child but another child there. Alle is six years old and has severe CP - muscles totally tight and rigid - sorry, I know alot about CP but don't know the medical terms.....In our 1st session everyday we were in a room with 2 other children -(usually you are in a room with just your child and a therapist) Alle was on the table next to us. The first 2 days he cried and cried and cried as they tried to stretch him out....not the typical way that OT do it when they stretch these children - they were working on reflex points that would relax his muscels. On the 3rd day he came in and they put him on the table and gently released his arms and legs - no crying, no complaints.....I looked at his Mom and asked her is she brought in a different child that day as I could not

believe what I was seeing - we had formed a relationship and she took my remark as a compliment.....she got tears in her eyes and said "you will not believe this, last night for the first time in his life, he fell asleep on his stomach with his arms and legs extended". For the rest of the conference, there was not any crying or fusing.....he is also nonverbal but you could tell he was happy as he was smiling and cooing.....Dr after Dr have told his Mom that he will never walk - Dr. Masgutova - as she said to me, I don't say things that are not possible and not true and she told the Mom that he will walk one day and I believe he will.

The program works where Dr Masgutova does a pre assesment and decides which reflexes are the most important to work on. You then spend 6 hours per day broken into 3 50 minute sessions in the AM and 3 50 minute sessions in the afternoon with a therapist that is best qualified to work with the areas DR M has requested. The therapist were the most amazing group of people - some from the US and others from Poland - they cried tears of joy right along with you. Dr. M also does a post assesment towards the end of the conference and then sends you home with a home program for you to follow. I hated to leave this safe cacoon we were in - everyone "got it" - the parents, the therapist, the kids!!!!

I don't have the difficulties that you do with Holly but we all walk in the same shoes when there is something not right with our child. It is sooooo totally amazing the changes that I have seen in Holly and we were only there 3 weeks ago. I am on a crusade to get any and all children with disabilities to experience what we did. Dr. Masgutova is an amazing woman with such insight and most importantly, she is there to improve the quality of our childs life. She doesn't care if she steps on your toes in order to help your child. This was very empowering to me.

I hope this has helped you and please feel free to contact me again. I so hope that you and your son can find a way to get to Dr. Masgutova.....bless you and best wishes - Tricia

From: my2boyz3 <my2boyz3@...>Subject: Re: Introduction Date: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 5:17 PM

Hi Tricia, It is nice to hear you had a good experience at the conference. Would you mind telling me about it. I have an 8 yr old son named n who has C.P. he was born 26 weeks gestation and had a severe bilateral brain bleed when he was 1 day old. He started walking at age 6 and i don't think he's stopped since (lol). He is nonverbal. I am interested in this method b/c n has so many abnormal body movements and the older and stronger he gets the more severe they are becoming. His most severe is crossing bent at his right elbo over to his left shoulder then he gets himself so tight in that position. He can do this for so long. I have a hard time pulling him from the position he has gotton so strong. His therapist don't have any answers which is why I am checking this it. Any information you have I would love to hear!Diane>> Hi, my name is Tricia Borsch. My daughter, Holly and I just returned from a Family Conference in CA with Svetlana. OH MY GOODNESS, what a life changing experience it was for both of us!!!!!> > Holly was diagnosed with Developmental Delays at age 3. Being a teacher for children with autism, I always thought that she was somewhere on the Spectrum but she was never diagnosed with it even though I asked many Drs. for their opinion. Svetlana proved to us that she has "characteristics of being on the spectrum" but it was really holding onto her primitive flexes. We saw and continue to see on an everyday basis so many changes. I have become the biggest advocate of this program and telling anyone and

everyone that I know that have children with disabilities to look into this program.> > Holly and I live in Tequesta, Florida - about 20 minutes north of West Palm Beach. We have 3 dogs and 2 cats. Anyone else in this area?> > Looking forward to being involved with this group.>

Dear Tricia,

This sounds so exciting. Do you know by any chance when Dr Masgutova will come to Asia?

Best regards,

Iris

From: tspearfish@...Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:28:10 -0800Subject: Re: Re: Introduction

Hi Diane -

We had a wonderful and life changing experience at the Conference. I felt the need to respond right away to you to share what I experienced not with my own child but another child there. Alle is six years old and has severe CP - muscles totally tight and rigid - sorry, I know alot about CP but don't know the medical terms.....In our 1st session everyday we were in a room with 2 other children -(usually you are in a room with just your child and a therapist) Alle was on the table next to us. The first 2 days he cried and cried and cried as they tried to stretch him out....not the typical way that OT do it when they stretch these children - they were working on reflex points that would relax his muscels. On the 3rd day he came in and they put him on the table and gently released his arms and legs - no crying, no complaints.....I looked at his Mom and asked her is she brought in a different child that day as I could not believe what I was seeing - we had formed a relationship and she took my remark as a compliment.....she got tears in her eyes and said "you will not believe this, last night for the first time in his life, he fell asleep on his stomach with his arms and legs extended". For the rest of the conference, there was not any crying or fusing.....he is also nonverbal but you could tell he was happy as he was smiling and cooing.....Dr after Dr have told his Mom that he will never walk - Dr. Masgutova - as she said to me, I don't say things that are not possible and not true and she told the Mom that he will walk one day and I believe he will.

The program works where Dr Masgutova does a pre assesment and decides which reflexes are the most important to work on. You then spend 6 hours per day broken into 3 50 minute sessions in the AM and 3 50 minute sessions in the afternoon with a therapist that is best qualified to work with the areas DR M has requested. The therapist were the most amazing group of people - some from the US and others from Poland - they cried tears of joy right along with you. Dr. M also does a post assesment towards the end of the conference and then sends you home with a home program for you to follow. I hated to leave this safe cacoon we were in - everyone "got it" - the parents, the therapist, the kids!!!!

I don't have the difficulties that you do with Holly but we all walk in the same shoes when there is something not right with our child. It is sooooo totally amazing the changes that I have seen in Holly and we were only there 3 weeks ago. I am on a crusade to get any and all children with disabilities to experience what we did. Dr. Masgutova is an amazing woman with such insight and most importantly, she is there to improve the quality of our childs life. She doesn't care if she steps on your toes in order to help your child. This was very empowering to me.

I hope this has helped you and please feel free to contact me again. I so hope that you and your son can find a way to get to Dr. Masgutova.....bless you and best wishes - Tricia

From: my2boyz3 <my2boyz3 >Subject: Re: Introduction Date: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 5:17 PM

Hi Tricia, It is nice to hear you had a good experience at the conference. Would you mind telling me about it. I have an 8 yr old son named n who has C.P. he was born 26 weeks gestation and had a severe bilateral brain bleed when he was 1 day old. He started walking at age 6 and i don't think he's stopped since (lol). He is nonverbal. I am interested in this method b/c n has so many abnormal body movements and the older and stronger he gets the more severe they are becoming. His most severe is crossing bent at his right elbo over to his left shoulder then he gets himself so tight in that position. He can do this for so long. I have a hard time pulling him from the position he has gotton so strong. His therapist don't have any answers which is why I am checking this it. Any information you have I would love to hear!Diane>> Hi, my name is Tricia Borsch. My daughter, Holly and I just returned from a Family Conference in CA with Svetlana. OH MY GOODNESS, what a life changing experience it was for both of us!!!!!> > Holly was diagnosed with Developmental Delays at age 3. Being a teacher for children with autism, I always thought that she was somewhere on the Spectrum but she was never diagnosed with it even though I asked many Drs. for their opinion. Svetlana proved to us that she has "characteristics of being on the spectrum" but it was really holding onto her primitive flexes. We saw and continue to see on an everyday basis so many changes. I have become the biggest advocate of this program and telling anyone and everyone that I know that have children with disabilities to look into this program.> > Holly and I live in Tequesta, Florida - about 20 minutes north of West Palm Beach. We have 3 dogs and 2 cats. Anyone else in this area?> > Looking forward to being involved with this group.>

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger