RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: Post-op lolligagging in bed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I guess his theory is that we evolved eating raw meat & that's what our digestive systems want. But I'm too well trained in eating cooked meat.

Ann

Re: Re: Post-op lolligagging in bedActually aspirn has been way over done as a bloodthinner. I used Natokinaise but can't afford it but itis MUCH safer than aspirn and all natural as well.If you ever read mercola.com there are several articleson this subject. It all about the bottom line for thebig pharma companies.SherrySend instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.

Guest guest

Thanks. it's true that 10 brains are better than one. Especially mine.

Ann

Re: Post-op lolligagging in bed| Hi Ann,|| When you get home, your attention span will be about 15 minutes at a| time....Forget all the the books you never had time to read from the| Library...(I am finally finishing the last book that I bought Pre-Op)| ...6 months ago...|| Magazine articles & on-line 'doodly-dads' worked much better for me|| Seriously here:...You will have a short attention span,,,|| Bob||| | >| > Something else I'd like to know, as a first-time upcoming TKR| patient, is, after I get home, will I be expected to work my knee all| day or will I get to watch a lot of TV? (If the latter, I need to| check some things out from the library before the surgery.)| >| > Thanks.| >| > Ann| Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.

Guest guest

Hmmmm. That's weird. Since it thins your blood, I'm surprised they had you take it before surgery. I could see immediately after surgery, but while you're cut open & there's the possibility of losing a lot of blood, seems like they'd want to not thin it out.

Ann

teds are those skin tight, white stockings that they put on you before you even wake up from your surgery. They instructed me to keep mine on for the full 2 weeks until I was to go in for my 2 week post op appt. but I have to admit I bucked the system and stopped wearing them after about 5 days. They're just so tight they cut off the circulation around your already swollen thigh and cause you to feel like your foot will turn black and fall off. (in my opionio, of course.)

What they are for is to prevent you from getting blood clots, so they're really important. But I was sure to move my legs around as much as I could, and really pump my feet and ankles and stuff to keep the blood flowing.

__________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com__________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

Personally I'm afraid of it. But it's routine. I guess they haven't had too many dead "rats" from it.

Ann

teds are those skin tight, white stockings that they put on you before you even wake up from your surgery. They instructed me to keep mine on for the full 2 weeks until I was to go in for my 2 week post op appt. but I have to admit I bucked the system and stopped wearing them after about 5 days. They're just so tight they cut off the circulation around your already swollen thigh and cause you to feel like your foot will turn black and fall off. (in my opionio, of course.)

What they are for is to prevent you from getting blood clots, so they're really important. But I was sure to move my legs around as much as I could, and really pump my feet and ankles and stuff to keep the blood flowing.

__________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com__________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.http://www.eset.com

God bless all our heros

PMSM

LCPL JOSH

India 2nd plt.

All-new - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Guest guest

Re: Post-op lolligagging in bed

Ann, I am taking the rat poison Warfin for 30 days post-op. I am taking it happily and wearing my knee high TEDS faithfully because I have a family history of clotting disorder. 30 days to prevent a clotting eppisode is better than having to take it the rest of your life.

I agree. I'm afraid of the clotting thing. My mother's family (she was one of 12), including her father & his mother, all had either heart attacks or strokes, so I have to be careful.

Both my father and brother have had pulmonary emoblisms from blood clots and both nearly died. Many people are not aware they have a clotting disorder until it is too late. Clotting risk with knee surgery is higher then with hip surgery. In my pre-op class it was mentioned that the knee patients at Swedish are given a dose of blood thinner to take the night before surgery. My advice is to question your doc and follow the docs orders here, especially if you have a family history of blood clots. -Barb

Thanks. I appreciate your telilng me about that pre-op class. I'll check to see when they have them & sign on.

Ann

Guest guest

I am getting caught up on all my magazines that were sitting in 2 foot pile in my office.

Yeah, I have piles of magazines in my bathrooms, my office, my fam. rm. Hope I get caught up on them while I'm lolligagging.

I can't sleep at night, so I read. You are right tho Jack, I could never get into one of the books I keep meaning to read.

I recently went through about 15 boxes of books I hadn't unpacked from my last move (year & a half ago) & culled bout 10 boxes worth of books I know I'll never read. I love to get rid of stuff.

I go to bed at 11 PM and put the light out. I lay there for over an hour and get up to stretch my legs, take a tylenol, and go back to bed.

When I can't get to sleep (if I go to bed too soon after I got up my sleeping pill (Trazodone) won't override my wake center), I take 2 acetamenophin w/Benadryl. If that doesn't work, I add an Ambien (doc said that was OK).

Maybe I fall asleep for 30 to 40 minutes and then I am wide awake again until 3 AM. I then don't wake until 9 AM.

Is this because of pain?

No nap during the day either. I was napping when I first got home, but thought that was the reason for my sleeplessness. I cut it out.Arianne> >> > Something else I'd like to know, as a first-time upcoming TKR > patient, is, after I get home, will I be expected to work my knee all > day or will I get to watch a lot of TV? (If the latter, I need to > check some things out from the library before the surgery.)> > > > Thanks.> > > > Ann> >>

Guest guest

Hmmmm. I'm addicted to my computer. I think I should set up my wireless system though, in case I don't feel like sitting at my desk. Seems like sitting at the desk would be uncomfortable if you can't bend you knee a lot, and also be risky for blood clots.

Ann

After greeting my cat, the first thing I did was to go downstairs to my computer. I had no problem sitting at it at all.Arianne> >> > Something else I'd like to know, as a first-time upcoming TKR > patient, is, after I get home, will I be expected to work my knee all > day or will I get to watch a lot of TV? (If the latter, I need to > check some things out from the library before the surgery.)> > > > Thanks.> > > > Ann> >>

Guest guest

But you never know what the USDA is up to. For all we know they're allowing imports from countries where trichinosis isn't wiped out.

Ann

some where i read that trichinosis was almost 100% wiped out at least here in the USA

Guest guest

You have to shoot the rat poison into your stomach?????

Ann

Re: Re: Post-op lolligagging in bed> > > > teds are those skin tight, white stockings that they put on you before you even wake up from your surgery. They instructed me to keep mine on for the full 2 weeks until I was to go in for my 2 week post op appt. but I have to admit I bucked the system and stopped wearing them after about 5 days. They're just so tight they cut off the circulation around your already swollen thigh and cause you to feel like your foot will turn black and fall off. (in my opionio, of course.)> > What they are for is to prevent you from getting blood clots, so they're really important. But I was sure to move my legs around as much as I could, and really pump my feet and ankles and stuff to keep the blood flowing.> > > > > > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> http://www.eset.com> > > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> http://www.eset.com>

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/26/2006 6:16:13 P.M. Central Standard Time, meuw@... writes:

You are the only person that I have heard that takes the Warafan shots instead of pills. Seems odd.On Aug 26, 2006, at 2:42 PM, Ann wrote:

When I was still in the hospital they were giving me shots in my stomach. They said it was a blood thinner.

Guest guest

You are the only person that I have heard that takes the Warafan shots

instead of pills. Seems odd.

On Aug 26, 2006, at 2:42 PM, Ann wrote:

> You have to shoot the rat poison into your stomach????? 

>  

> Ann

>  

>  

>> Re: Re: Post-op lolligagging in

>> bed

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > teds are those skin tight, white stockings that they put on you

>> before you even

>> wake up from your surgery. They instructed me to keep mine on for the

>> full 2 weeks until

>> I was to go in for my 2 week post op appt. but I have to admit I

>> bucked the system and

>> stopped wearing them after about 5 days. They're just so tight they

>> cut off the circulation

>> around your already swollen thigh and cause you to feel like your

>> foot will turn black and

>> fall off. (in my opionio, of course.)

>> >

>> > What they are for is to prevent you from getting blood clots, so

>> they're really

>> important. But I was sure to move my legs around as much as I could,

>> and really pump my

>> feet and ankles and stuff to keep the blood flowing.

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________

>> >

>> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.

>> > http://www.eset.com

>> >

>> >

>> > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________

>> >

>> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.

>> > http://www.eset.com

>> >

>>

>

" the church is not suppose to be a country club for the saints, but

rather a hospital for the sinner. "

Guest guest

Oh, thank God! It exists in pills. I thought so. After all, rats eat it.

Ann

Re: Re: Post-op lolligagging in bed> > > > teds are those skin tight, white stockings that they put on you before you even wake up from your surgery. They instructed me to keep mine on for the full 2 weeks until I was to go in for my 2 week post op appt. but I have to admit I bucked the system andstopped wearing them after about 5 days. They're just so tight they cut off the circulation around your already swollen thigh and cause you to feel like your foot will turn black and fall off. (in my opionio, of course.)> > What they are for is to prevent you from getting blood clots, so they're really important. But I was sure to move my legs around as much as I could, and really pump my feet and ankles and stuff to keep the blood flowing.> > > > > > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> http://www.eset.com> > > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> http://www.eset.com> "the church is not suppose to be a country club for the saints, but rather a hospital for the sinner. "

Guest guest

I've heard of some people getting some type of injection

in their abdomen. AARRGG...just give me the damn pill

and go away :o(

Sherry

Re: Re: Post-op lolligagging in bed> > > > teds are those skin tight, white stockings that they put on you before you even wake up from your surgery. They instructed me to keep mine on for the full 2 weeks until I was to go in for my 2 week post op appt. but I have to admit I bucked the system andstopped wearing them after about 5 days. They're just so tight they cut off the circulation around your already swollen thigh and cause you to feel like your foot will turn black and fall off. (in my opionio, of course.)> > What they are for is to prevent you from getting blood clots, so they're really important. But I was sure to move my legs around as much as I could, and really pump my feet and ankles and stuff to keep the blood flowing.> > > > > > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> http://www.eset.com> > > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> http://www.eset.com> "the church is not suppose to be a country club for the saints, but rather a hospital for the sinner. "

Guest guest

The USDA is bad news.

Sherry

some where i read that trichinosis was almost 100% wiped out at least here in the USA

Guest guest

Evenmy dogs don'tlike raw meat and dogs are

carnivors by nature. so we feed em poison called

dog food which for the most part consists of animals

that don't make it though inspection, road kill and

you'd rathe not no what else. Even my vet said most

commercial dog food is responsible along with

vaccination for cancer in dogs.

Sherry

Re: Re: Post-op lolligagging in bedActually aspirn has been way over done as a bloodthinner. I used Natokinaise but can't afford it but itis MUCH safer than aspirn and all natural as well.If you ever read mercola.com there are several articleson this subject. It all about the bottom line for thebig pharma companies.SherrySend instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.

Guest guest

They eat it because it in in corn and rats eat corn and grain

readily.

Sherry

Re: Re: Post-op lolligagging in bed> > > > teds are those skin tight, white stockings that they put on you before you even wake up from your surgery. They instructed me to keep mine on for the full 2 weeks until I was to go in for my 2 week post op appt. but I have to admit I bucked the system andstopped wearing them after about 5 days. They're just so tight they cut off the circulation around your already swollen thigh and cause you to feel like your foot will turn black and fall off. (in my opionio, of course.)> > What they are for is to prevent you from getting blood clots, so they're really important. But I was sure to move my legs around as much as I could, and really pump my feet and ankles and stuff to keep the blood flowing.> > > > > > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> http://www.eset.com> > > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> http://www.eset.com>"the church is not suppose to be a country club for the saints, but rather a hospital for the sinner. "

Guest guest

Wow! I always thought I was getting the very best for my cats with Science Diet, but my soul mate, Ridley, died of a weird cancer at 15 (I was planning on his living to 29), and then my son told me to read the ingredients. First thing was "chicken by-products". Chicken by-products???? What the hell is that???? I found a food (one for dogs and one for cats) that doesn't use byproducts -- it's new, and for some reason both of them are in the dog section of the store where I found it. The brand is Pet Promise (I am not affiliated with this business in any way). They say "No animal byproducts, no added growth hormones, no antibiotic-fed protein, no rendered meats or fats, no brain or spinal tissue, no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives". They make it for both younger and older dogs & cats. AND the bag rolls up & stays closed. Their Web site is http://www.petpromiseinc.com/ . If your store doesn't carry it, you can call them & ask them to contact your store about carrying it. Oh -- I see you can order it on line too.

Ann

Guest guest

Hi Arianne , When I was in the nursning home the nurses would give me those shots I told my dr about me getting those shots he got mad because I was suppose to be taking the pill that was for blood thinner that was when I had my knee replacement done. I didn't liked those shots at all it seem like sometimes they where giveing me these shots alot.When I got home I took the blood thinner pills , I lived through it but I won't have anymore operations unless I really need it where I'm not able to walk at all at least I can walk around the house with my cane sometimes if I'm real tired I used my walker on wheels .Well I hope your doing better .

Susie arianne377 <arianne377@...> wrote: I take Lovenox. My co-pay was $523.00. I have been taking it since August 8th. Tonight is my last shot.My doctor prefers the shots because there is no need for constant blood tests as there would be for coumadin.The shots are all pre-measured. There have been others on this group who have done the shots.Arianne> >> >> >> > Speaking of rat poison, has anyone here had any problems with that?> >> >> >> > Ann> >> >> >> > Re: Re: Post-op lolligagging in > >> bed> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > teds are those skin tight, white stockings that they put on you > >> before you even> >> wake up from your surgery. They instructed me to keep mine on for the > >> full 2 weeks until> >> I was to go in for my 2 week post op appt. but I have to admit I > >> bucked the system and> >> stopped wearing them after about 5 days. They're just so tight they > >> cut off the circulation> >> around your already swollen thigh and cause you to feel like your > >> foot will turn black and>

>> fall off. (in my opionio, of course.)> >> >> >> > What they are for is to prevent you from getting blood clots, so > >> they're really> >> important. But I was sure to move my legs around as much as I could, > >> and really pump my> >> feet and ankles and stuff to keep the blood flowing.> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________> >> >> >> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> >> > http://www.eset.com> >> >> >> >> >> > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________> >> >> >> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> >>

> http://www.eset.com> >> >> >>> > > "the church is not suppose to be a country club for the saints, but > rather a hospital for the sinner. ">

Guest guest

You can find all the grrsome details on what is in dog food on Google. There are a couple good dog foods

out there but you have to buy em at a vet or through

a catalog like s & . It's called Gold and is

imported from Germany...spendy to say the least.

With 4 dogs I can't swing it.

You can make your own dog food too.

Sherry

Guest guest

LOL, mayb e that is why they gave me back my own blood. They sucked enough blood out of me in four

days to float a barge. I never thought of it till now

but I hate needles so everytime they came with

lab equipment I cringed.

Sherry

Re: Re: Post-op lolligagging in > >> bed> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > teds are those skin tight, white stockings that they put on you > >> before you even> >> wake up from your surgery. They instructed me to keep mine on for the > >> full 2 weeks until> >> I was to go in for my 2 week post op appt. but I have to admit I > >> bucked the system and> >> stopped wearing them after about 5 days. They're just so tight they > >> cut off the circulation> >> around your already swollen thigh and cause you to feel like your > >> foot will turn black and> >> fall off. (in my opionio, of course.)> >> >> >> > What they are for is to prevent you from getting blood clots, so > >> they're really> >> important. But I was sure to move my legs around as much as I could, > >> and really pump my> >> feet and ankles and stuff to keep the blood flowing.> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________> >> >> >> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> >> > http://www.eset.com> >> >> >> >> >> > __________ NOD32 1.1725 (20060825) Information __________> >> >> >> > This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> >> > http://www.eset.com> >> >> >>> > > "the church is not suppose to be a country club for the saints, but > rather a hospital for the sinner. ">

Guest guest

I used to be on this list prior to surgery and shortly

afterward and there were a lot of people on the list

back then that had the shots.

Sherry

In a message dated 8/26/2006 6:16:13 P.M. Central Standard Time, meuwwhidbey writes:

You are the only person that I have heard that takes the Warafan shots instead of pills. Seems odd.On Aug 26, 2006, at 2:42 PM, Ann wrote:

When I was still in the hospital they were giving me shots in my stomach. They said it was a blood thinner.

Guest guest

I didnt feel like sitting at the desk for at least a week.It was very uncomfortable.I wish that I would have had a laptop.That would have been much easier sherieAnn <ruby2zdy@...> wrote: Hmmmm. I'm addicted to my computer. I think I should set up my wireless system though, in case I don't feel like sitting at my desk. Seems like sitting at the desk would be uncomfortable if you can't bend you knee a lot, and also be risky for

blood clots. Ann Re: Post-op lolligagging in bed After greeting my cat, the first thing I did was to go downstairs to my computer. I had no problem sitting at it at all.Arianne> >> > Something else I'd like to know, as a first-time upcoming TKR > patient, is, after I get home, will I be expected to work my knee all > day or will I get to watch a lot of TV? (If the latter, I need to > check some things out from the library before the surgery.)> > > > Thanks.> > > > Ann> >> God bless all our heros PMSM LCPL JOSH India 2nd plt.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

What is it about the surgery that makes our sleep patterns go haywire.I was sleeping so good before even though I had to roll over a lot because of my knee hurting I did not really wake up.Now I am waking up all hours and usually cannot go back to sleep.Lastnight was my first night in the DYNASPLINT that isnt going to help matters any. sherrieAnn <ruby2zdy@...> wrote: Re: Post-op lolligagging in bed I am getting caught up on all my magazines that were sitting in 2 foot pile in my office. Yeah, I have piles of magazines in my bathrooms, my office, my fam. rm. Hope I get caught up on them while I'm lolligagging. I can't sleep at

night, so I read. You are right tho Jack, I could never get into one of the books I keep meaning to read. I recently went through about 15 boxes of books I hadn't unpacked from my last move (year & a half ago) & culled bout 10 boxes worth of books I know I'll never read. I love to get rid of stuff. I go to bed at 11 PM and put the light out. I lay there for over an hour and get up to stretch my legs, take a tylenol, and go back to bed. When I can't get to sleep (if I go to bed too soon after I got up my sleeping pill (Trazodone) won't override my wake center), I take 2 acetamenophin w/Benadryl. If that doesn't work, I add an Ambien (doc said that was OK). Maybe I fall asleep for 30 to 40 minutes and then I am wide awake again until 3 AM. I then don't wake until 9 AM. Is this because of pain? No nap during the day either. I was napping when I first got home, but thought that was the reason for my sleeplessness. I cut it out.Arianne> >> > Something else I'd like to know, as a first-time upcoming TKR > patient, is, after I get home, will I be expected to work my knee all > day or will I get to watch a lot of TV? (If the latter, I need to > check some things out from the library before the surgery.)> > > > Thanks.> > > > Ann> >> God bless all our heros PMSM LCPL JOSH India 2nd plt.

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.

Guest guest

Sitting at a desk is a killer. but it not the knee that bother me it my hip and lower back. I can sit for a little while then I start hurting. My hubby sat up a laptop in our room. He knew I like my games and all. It sure passes the time too. Shirleysherrie <sweetpea37814@...> wrote: I didnt feel like sitting at the desk for at least a week.It was very uncomfortable.I wish that I would have had a laptop.That would have been much easier

sherieAnn <ruby2zdyearthlink (DOT) net> wrote: Hmmmm. I'm addicted to my computer. I think I should set up my wireless system though, in case I don't feel like sitting at my desk. Seems like sitting at the desk would be uncomfortable if you can't bend you knee a lot, and also be risky for blood clots. Ann Re: Post-op lolligagging in bed After greeting my cat, the first thing I did was to go downstairs to my computer. I had no problem sitting at it at all.Arianne> >> > Something else I'd like to know, as a first-time upcoming TKR > patient, is, after I get home, will I be expected to work my knee all > day or will I get to watch a lot of TV? (If the latter, I need to > check some things out from the library before the surgery.)> > > > Thanks.> > > > Ann> >> God bless all our heros PMSM LCPL JOSH India 2nd plt. Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Guest guest

For me it was not being able to lay on my side...ouch,

couldn't do it. I can't sleep on my back but had no

choice and then needed the pillow under my knees

too. This went on for a long time. Pain pills would

put me out but it wasn't a natural sleep and therefore

I never felt rested. JMHO I have chronic insomnia

anyhow.

Sherry

I am getting caught up on all my magazines that were sitting in 2 foot pile in my office.

Yeah, I have piles of magazines in my bathrooms, my office, my fam. rm. Hope I get caught up on them while I'm lolligagging.

I can't sleep at night, so I read. You are right tho Jack, I could never get into one of the books I keep meaning to read.

I recently went through about 15 boxes of books I hadn't unpacked from my last move (year & a half ago) & culled bout 10 boxes worth of books I know I'll never read. I love to get rid of stuff.

I go to bed at 11 PM and put the light out. I lay there for over an hour and get up to stretch my legs, take a tylenol, and go back to bed.

When I can't get to sleep (if I go to bed too soon after I got up my sleeping pill (Trazodone) won't override my wake center), I take 2 acetamenophin w/Benadryl. If that doesn't work, I add an Ambien (doc said that was OK).

Maybe I fall asleep for 30 to 40 minutes and then I am wide awake again until 3 AM. I then don't wake until 9 AM.

Is this because of pain?

No nap during the day either. I was napping when I first got home, but thought that was the reason for my sleeplessness. I cut it out.Arianne> >> > Something else I'd like to know, as a first-time upcoming TKR > patient, is, after I get home, will I be expected to work my knee all > day or will I get to watch a lot of TV? (If the latter, I need to > check some things out from the library before the surgery.)> > > > Thanks.> > > > Ann> >>

God bless all our heros

PMSM

LCPL JOSH

India 2nd plt.

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Small Business.