Kathleen

It is dangerous to be right on a subject on which the established authorities

are wrong. ~ Voltaire

In a message dated 6/16/2002 7:47:55 PM Central Daylight Time,

martidon@... writes:

> exemptions.

Guest guest

I don't know about anyone else, but the one dr. I heard of in my area that may

have been willing to sign a medical exemption for my children said he only could

if there had been a previous reaction to a vaccine. He would not sign even if he

thought any of them seemed to be likely to have a reaction due to other things

going on with them (nothing serious). We have used the med. exeptions for over

18 years and there has never been a question or confrontation or anything.

(unknown)

Hi all,

I was wondering ( I live in New York!) what is the best way to go in

regard to exemptions. I do have a medical exemption at this time for

both my daughters, but am wondering if religious is a better way to

go. Is there too much that can be challenged with a medical exemption?

Is there anyone in New York who can tell me about their experience. My

daughters are 11 and 7 and unfortunately have been vaccinated up until

last year when I realized how bad it was for them. They are in good

health, thank goodness. As of yet, I have not had to use my

exemptions, as I guess they were not really due for any vaccinations

this year and so I didn't receive any calls from the school. But I am

beginning to worry about this fall, as I know I refused the

immunizations that were due last year. If anyone would tell me about

their experiences with medical versus religious, I would be so

grateful. I have searched the archives, but am finding it difficult to

get the info. I need. Also, if I go the religious avenue, I'm not sure

how that works. Thanks for any help or support you can offer.

T

Guest guest

We're having a lot of those problems at my plant too. We depend on a lot of temp employees and when they were cut out of the budget, they told us we had to go out and take our turns "out on the floor" (that's what they call working in the plant). We resisted but they insisted. It was kind of funny because the first time I was supposed to go out there the manager of safety, whose application I support asked me about a project I was working on and I told him that I would be out on the floor the next day. He had a fit and a half hour later the VP of operations was on the phone with my manager and I was excused from this duty. Within a couple of weeks they dropped us from the rotation. They astutely discovered that we could not be in two places at the same time.

-dz-

Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Hi everyone. I wasn't on all day, working day shift this week. The company laid off all the hourly employes for one week. They have all three shift's of salary employes working day shift, they have us qualty control employes cleaning & repairing test equipment. I'm not sure what the rest are doing, but I thank they were doing inventory work. I was in the lab all day reapiring equipment. They said were suppose to have some joint meeting's this week. My boss told us to make the work last. So it was a long day. I hope every one are doing ok.

Terry

Guest guest

Hi Charlotte:

When I was first diagnosed with RA three years ago, my

doctor also put me on Plaquenil and Motrin, and a

month course of Prednisone. For almost 2-l/2 years I

was able to do well with only those two medications

and then the RA flared and became aggressive with more

joints and my meds were changed. You need to give the

Plaquenil at least 4 to 6 months to kick in usually -

that is how long it took for it to really begin

helping me. If you don't like the side effects on the

stomach from Motrin but need an anti-inflammatory med,

try Bextra, ask your doctor about it, I changed from

Motrin to it and only have to take one pill a day 90%

of the time, and it has much less stomach side effects

to deal with - I have had no problem with it at all.

Good luck with your doctor's appointment. I know it's

hard to be patient waiting for the meds to work when

you are in pain but you need to give the meds a chance

to affect your system - they have to build up a level

in your body that is effective I think. Also, when

you are on Plaquenil make sure to get regular, about

every 6 months, eye exams because of the rare chance

of retinal damage - I did not have any problem with

that but it is something to be aware of.

Kathe in CA

Guest guest

Thanks so much Kathe for your response to my post. I kicked

myself when I realized that I'd posted it w/o a subject.

I understand that it takes Plaquenil more than a few months to

work and I'm definitely willing to wait that out without adding

more DMARDS if I can manage the pain with nsaids or whatever.

That was my point in my original post, the doc added

Sulfasalazine to the Plaquenil so quickly at my first expression of

discomfort it seemed scary to me. Then the sulfasalazine made

me feel so lousy he took me off it and I was concerned he'd want

to add another DMARD if I reported that I was in pain.

How long were you diagnosed before you got xrays? Is it

standard procedure for a rheumatologist to order them when

one is 1st diagnosed?

Thanks and best wishes

Charlotte in Mass.

> Hi Charlotte:

>

> When I was first diagnosed with RA three years ago, my

> doctor also put me on Plaquenil and Motrin, and a

> month course of Prednisone. For almost 2-l/2 years I

> was able to do well with only those two medications

> and then the RA flared and became aggressive with more

> joints and my meds were changed. You need to give the

> Plaquenil at least 4 to 6 months to kick in usually -

> that is how long it took for it to really begin

> helping me. If you don't like the side effects on the

> stomach from Motrin but need an anti-inflammatory med,

> try Bextra, ask your doctor about it, I changed from

> Motrin to it and only have to take one pill a day 90%

> of the time, and it has much less stomach side effects

> to deal with - I have had no problem with it at all.

>

> Good luck with your doctor's appointment. I know it's

> hard to be patient waiting for the meds to work when

> you are in pain but you need to give the meds a chance

> to affect your system - they have to build up a level

> in your body that is effective I think. Also, when

> you are on Plaquenil make sure to get regular, about

> every 6 months, eye exams because of the rare chance

> of retinal damage - I did not have any problem with

> that but it is something to be aware of.

>

> Kathe in CA

>

>

>

Guest guest

Terru you are not going to believe it. The judge set bail for that woman.... ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH Scream [ ] (unknown) We had a forset fire start yesterday near Show Low northeastern Az, yesterday afternoon it was 6000 acers. This afternoon they say it has groun to 60,000 acers & is out of control. They have pulled the firefighters saying it is too dangerous for them. Not as bad as Denver. But in Phoenix looking towards the north east you can see the smoke. That it is about 150 miles away. There is sveral small towns in danger. We still have a smaller fire on the Utah Az Border. We are loosing a lot of our Fedral & State forest land this year & somer has just started. They should shut all of the forest land in the southwest untill we get some much needed rain. That would be much better then losing all of our forest & several small towns. It took several hunderd years to have it, bur only it takes a second to lose it all! Terry

Guest guest

SET BAIL FOR HER???????????? How could he do that?? I just don't understand that at all..

Guest guest

Dear ,

I don't think I would have dared to try the weights I am doing now at 18 months

post op, but then it would really be up to the doctor and therapist as to what

we might be capable of. I had physical therapy for strength and stabalization,

but still found that my upper body stayed so weak. And the exercises I did with

the rubber stretch pulls put so much strain on the right sciatica? (the small

joint in the right buttucks). I have lots of trouble in that spot now, and try

to keep the arthritic inflammation down in that area with stretch movements and

take special care not to strain it.

I developed well during my physical therapy time, but that was way back in 1998.

My left shoulder has always curved forward and I am left handed as well. I

noticed over time that it plays a major role in my overall discomfort in the

neck and in the back. I also noticed that the left of my back was still numbed

out after surgery, so this past year I have really gotten on the ball to help

myself. I discovered some very weak areas in my lower rib cage area on the

right side too. That is the side they entered for the anterior portion of the

fusion. My fusion is from T6 to L4, I think, basically the same as the

Harrington Rod fusion. I spent time rolling on a tennis ball to seek out the

really sore areas in my back, enduring some pain until I worked out the

soreness.

The great news is that I have made major improvement in my shoulder curvature

and posture by using the weights. My back and arms are strong now, and some of

the numbed areas have new life. I work at it steady. I can lay on my stomach

for awhile, if I can find a good position for my head. Part of the progress is

due to visioning. Try envisioning yourself as a fluid, lively, and youthful

spirit. Then work towards that self image of balance and harmony. Get in touch

with every part of your body so that there are no areas that are being avoided.

This will improve your overall being tremendously. I've been improvising the

stretching, weights, and movements to fit my special needs. It's like

re-forming, re-shaping a new YOU.

Unconventional self help approach. If it sounds good to you, please check with

the doctor. I hesitate to suggest this if there is a chance you will harm

yourself. And of course we must keep our weight down to be fit and trim.

Please send your exercise ideas.

Love, Polly

Guest guest

The most compassionate act would be for someone to slip her a cyanide capsule in jail so that she could do the honorable thing.

Regards,

Re: [ ] (unknown)

SET BAIL FOR HER???????????? How could he do that?? I just don't understand that at all..

Guest guest

Hi, ,

Terru you are not going to believe it. The judge set bail for that woman.... ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH Scream

Unfortunately that doesn't surprise me. There is a judge here in VT who recently let a convicted felon go on his Own Recognizance -- when the individual is a Fugitive from Justice who has outstanding warrants in MA! Hope he doesn't assault anyone while waiting for his trial.

Regards,

[ ] (unknown)

We had a forset fire start yesterday near Show Low northeastern Az, yesterday afternoon it was 6000 acers. This afternoon they say it has groun to 60,000 acers & is out of control. They have pulled the firefighters saying it is too dangerous for them. Not as bad as Denver. But in Phoenix looking towards the north east you can see the smoke. That it is about 150 miles away. There is sveral small towns in danger. We still have a smaller fire on the Utah Az Border. We are loosing a lot of our Fedral & State forest land this year & somer has just started. They should shut all of the forest land in the southwest untill we get some much needed rain. That would be much better then losing all of our forest & several small towns. It took several hunderd years to have it, bur only it takes a second to lose it all!

Terry

Guest guest

We don't understand either. Grant it was not an easy bail to meet $600,000.00 and realistically you can bond for 10% of that from what they said on tv last night. There are many angry people who think she needs to stay right behind bars. Re: [ ] (unknown) SET BAIL FOR HER???????????? How could he do that?? I just don't understand that at all..

Guest guest

However.... she pleaded NOT GUILTY....... after she confessed even.... So is she they cyanide type? Re: [ ] (unknown) SET BAIL FOR HER???????????? How could he do that?? I just don't understand that at all..

Guest guest

We in Colorado are for the most part all at one time in unison Ticked off Royal. [ ] (unknown) We had a forset fire start yesterday near Show Low northeastern Az, yesterday afternoon it was 6000 acers. This afternoon they say it has groun to 60,000 acers & is out of control. They have pulled the firefighters saying it is too dangerous for them. Not as bad as Denver. But in Phoenix looking towards the north east you can see the smoke. That it is about 150 miles away. There is sveral small towns in danger. We still have a smaller fire on the Utah Az Border. We are loosing a lot of our Fedral & State forest land this year & somer has just started. They should shut all of the forest land in the southwest untill we get some much needed rain. That would be much better then losing all of our forest & several small towns. It took several hunderd years to have it, bur only it takes a second to lose it all! Terry

Guest guest

>However.... she pleaded NOT GUILTY....... after she confessed even.... So is she they cyanide type? <

Guess I'm just an incurable optimist, always hopeful that people will do the right thing -- hence the cyanide idea.

Guest guest

Personally I favor her love of fire. The Joan of Ark plan. Re: [ ] (unknown) >However.... she pleaded NOT GUILTY....... after she confessed even.... So is she they cyanide type? < Guess I'm just an incurable optimist, always hopeful that people will do the right thing -- hence the cyanide idea.

Guest guest

Personally I favor her love of fire. The Joan of Ark plan.

LOL,

>However.... she pleaded NOT GUILTY....... after she confessed even.... So is she they cyanide type? <

Guess I'm just an incurable optimist, always hopeful that people will do the right thing -- hence the cyanide idea.

Guest guest

We have way too many liberal judges in this country for me. If it was up to me, there would be an Ice storm in hell before she got bail & out of jail. If just one person dies from this. We need to send her into the Gas Chamber.

Terry

WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

We in Colorado are for the most part all at one time in unison Ticked off Royal.

[ ] (unknown)

We had a forset fire start yesterday near Show Low northeastern Az, yesterday afternoon it was 6000 acers. This afternoon they say it has groun to 60,000 acers & is out of control. They have pulled the firefighters saying it is too dangerous for them. Not as bad as Denver. But in Phoenix looking towards the north east you can see the smoke. That it is about 150 miles away. There is sveral small towns in danger. We still have a smaller fire on the Utah Az Border. We are loosing a lot of our Fedral & State forest land this year & somer has just started. They should shut all of the forest land in the southwest untill we get some much needed rain. That would be much better then losing all of our forest & several small towns. It took several hunderd years to have it, bur only it takes a second to lose it all!

Terry

Guest guest

I thought you'd at least volunteer to bring the marshmallows : ) I will bring the g. crackers and the Hershey bars Smore's for all...... Re: [ ] (unknown) >However.... she pleaded NOT GUILTY....... after she confessed even.... So is she they cyanide type? < Guess I'm just an incurable optimist, always hopeful that people will do the right thing -- hence the cyanide idea.

Guest guest

I believe that the method here is now the lethal injection. [ ] (unknown) We had a forset fire start yesterday near Show Low northeastern Az, yesterday afternoon it was 6000 acers. This afternoon they say it has groun to 60,000 acers & is out of control. They have pulled the firefighters saying it is too dangerous for them. Not as bad as Denver. But in Phoenix looking towards the north east you can see the smoke. That it is about 150 miles away. There is sveral small towns in danger. We still have a smaller fire on the Utah Az Border. We are loosing a lot of our Fedral & State forest land this year & somer has just started. They should shut all of the forest land in the southwest untill we get some much needed rain. That would be much better then losing all of our forest & several small towns. It took several hunderd years to have it, bur only it takes a second to lose it all! Terry

Guest guest

That would work. The only thing is if some one die's in this they are going to be suffering something terrier-able. With lethal injection, all she will do is go to sleep. Like you do to a pet that is suffering. She needs a taste of what she inflicted on others.

Terry

I believe that the method here is now the lethal injection.

[ ] (unknown)

Terry

Guest guest

The problem with that 10% bond is that you don't get that back. If you can make bail you'll get it all back when you show up in court. If you go to the bail bondsman and pay them the 10%, they pay the rest and they keep your 10% for the risk. So somebody's got to be willing to give up that $60,000 to bond her out. -dz-

We don't understand either. Grant it was not an easy bail to meet $600,000.00 and

realistically you can bond for 10% of that from what they said on tv last night.

There are many angry people who think she needs to stay right behind bars.

Guest guest

I've got the marshmallows and the hangers.

Sharon

--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

> I thought you'd at least volunteer to bring the

> marshmallows : ) I will bring

> the g. crackers and the Hershey bars Smore's for

> all......

>

Guest guest

The tragedy we all hoped we would be spared has happened. Firefighters were traveling from Oregon to come to Colorado there was an accident... 4 dead 7 injured last report. I know this is a reach but they were traveling to help us fight this fire that she caused. Can anyone but me see the linear path. Her actions have indeed now cause loss of life. How sad. [ ] (unknown) We had a forset fire start yesterday near Show Low northeastern Az, yesterday afternoon it was 6000 acers. This afternoon they say it has groun to 60,000 acers & is out of control. They have pulled the firefighters saying it is too dangerous for them. Not as bad as Denver. But in Phoenix looking towards the north east you can see the smoke. That it is about 150 miles away. There is sveral small towns in danger. We still have a smaller fire on the Utah Az Border. We are loosing a lot of our Fedral & State forest land this year & somer has just started. They should shut all of the forest land in the southwest untill we get some much needed rain. That would be much better then losing all of our forest & several small towns. It took several hunderd years to have it, bur only it takes a second to lose it all! Terry

Guest guest

Id be willing to contribute to a fund to keep her behind bars. Re: [ ] (unknown) SET BAIL FOR HER???????????? How could he do that?? I just don't understand that at all..

Guest guest

Its starting to sound like a party WHOO HOO..... Re: [ ] (unknown) I've got the marshmallows and the hangers. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> I thought you'd at least volunteer to bring the> marshmallows : ) I will bring> the g. crackers and the Hershey bars Smore's for> all...... > __________________________________________________