RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi there

Dr fred and royal surgeon courses are very good.AlenaOzieva

From: schibin thampy <kuriachan4u@...>Subject: (unknown) Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2010, 8:39 AM

hey all can anyone suggest me a good course for ore 2 ?

Guest guest

I'm with you, I won't give blood either.On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:05 PM, glen <ninnyanddonald@...> wrote:

I wont give blood.  I do not want anyone to get what I have

Guest guest

Malik,clinical experience is just time when you personaly treated patients in dental chair,observing doesn't count,and your referee(person who supervised you) will have to confirm thatAna

Guest guest

Thanks for the reply...Ya exactly I treated patients in 3rd & 4th year under supervisionFrom: Ana Miladinovic <ana.miladinovic82@...> Sent: Thu, 14 October, 2010 14:05:07Subject: Re: (unknown)

Malik,clinical experience is just time when you personaly treated patients in dental chair,observing doesn't count,and your referee(person who supervised you) will have to confirm thatAna

Guest guest

I know my son loves to play video games, for just that reason.From: Bill <nasonbill@...>Subject: Re: (unknown)Autism and Aspergers Treatment Date: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 10:20 AM

Gaming is such an attraction for these children for three main reasons. One, it is one thing that helps them feel really "competent." In a world that is filled with so many things they don't feel competent doing, it is very attractive. Two, it doesn't involve face to face regulating. Three, it is very stimulating to the executive functioning part of the brain.

> > > >

> > > >> Does anyone in this group live in Visalia Ca or somewhere nearby. My

> > > >> son is 15 and wants desperately to find someone who understands him

> > > >> and what he is going thru everyday. He has "normal friends", but

> > they

> > > >> just are not close, more like aquaintances who tolerate him, they

> > are

> > > >> nice boys, but he has no "real" friends. Thanks

> > > >>

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

In CT, naturopath doctors (N.D.'s) are covered by some insurance companies. One company we had covered the services but not the visit--kind of weird. I doubt they would be covered in NY since they are not licensed there. And a homeopath I went to in MA was covered by our insurance at the time.

I think it really depends on the insurance company you have. One thing to keep in mind: your child will be healthier for going to an alternative doc so you might find you go less.

Winnie (unknown)Vaccinations > Greetings!> > Do homeopathic and herbalist doctors take private insurance? If > so, Can anyone > recommend a few doctors in New York State or tell me where I can > look. I would > like for my child to stop being seen by a pediatrician.> > > Katrina> > >

Guest guest

This is the second strange link sent from this person, no explanation, no subject heading and to several other emails. I am very uncomfortable about this and will not open the link. Could whoever is sending these please explain themselves?

Thanks,

Winnie

(unknown)paleoskid@..., Roser1211@..., kirstiheatter@..., Rberger1128@..., elissa.both@..., jdavis185@..., fleakitten@..., adam.cantin@..., dpernice@..., lricig@..., jessicablatt@..., goodemily@..., freecyclemiddlesexnj-owner , my1trueangel91202@..., pulsegrp@..., vaccinations , frannyk@...> http://www.zollhoefers.de/mfoto.php> > >

Guest guest

Congrats Sapphyre! It does feel good to be in control again, doesn't it? I hated how I felt in September when I had the binges, it was just awful. I love my surge of energy and feeling thinner again (even if it just is an internal feeling...lol)

elisaannh

-- (unknown)

Have lost 1.4 pounds I'm so relieved! I was afraid there that I had a new high weight. But things are back in order now and I've got a great outlook on exercise and my eating plan, mostly banishing once again the evil night binging that's been plaguing me again. I was able to defeat it once, I know I can do it again.

The weather is warming up again here that's not good, and we're in drought conditions, the county is under a burn ban. SO all our yard debris just sits there and collects snakes, more than likely. Late next week they promise rain, let's hope it makes it this far south.

Ok going to go do something constructive, like, feed my neopets! Y'all have a great week next week, I know I'm going to!

*~*~*~*

"If I look down the road and see how far I have to go, I may get discouraged. If I overthink every aspect of what I need to do to succeed I may give up. If I focus on just today and make it as perfect as I can, I will succeed." -Sapphyre

Guest guest

I did not open either

From: wharrison@... <wharrison@...>Subject: Re: (unknown)Vaccinations Date: Sunday, 17 October, 2010, 18:37

This is the second strange link sent from this person, no explanation, no subject heading and to several other emails. I am very uncomfortable about this and will not open the link. Could whoever is sending these please explain themselves?

Thanks,

Winnie

(unknown)paleoskid@..., Roser1211@..., kirstiheatter@..., Rberger1128@..., elissa.both@..., jdavis185@..., fleakitten@..., adam.cantin@..., dpernice@..., lricig@..., jessicablatt@..., goodemily@..., freecyclemiddlesexnj-owner , my1trueangel91202@..., pulsegrp@..., vaccinations , frannyk@...> http://www.zollhoefers.de/mfoto.php> > >

Guest guest

Whenever emails like this are sent, it is a strong indication that their email was hacked. The original owner is not sending these intentionally, rather, a hacker is and the link is usually a virus of some sort, so DO NOT OPEN!

Vaccinations From: christina.england@...Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 19:03:48 +0100Subject: Re: (unknown)

I did not open either

From: wharrison@... <wharrison@...>Subject: Re: (unknown)Vaccinations Date: Sunday, 17 October, 2010, 18:37

Thanks,

Winnie

Guest guest

most likely, the user's email was hacked and you can consider this to be spam...

Maggie

-----Original Message-----From: Vaccinations [mailto:Vaccinations ] On Behalf Of wharrison@...Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2010 1:37 PMVaccinations Subject: Re: (unknown)

Thanks,

Winnie

Guest guest

Hi A,

I have the Singer clothing steam press. It has been a workhorse, very dependable. Also must buy the stand if you buy one. It is almost impossible to press on a table and that would be too low on hard on the back.

This is where I bougtht it, but beware, not all presses get equally hot.

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/clothing-presses.php?gclid=CL-g-oC_26QCFSNsgwodRk6IJg

I found out from talking to a sales/CS manh about the amount of heat in each press. He said if the press could not permanently adhere a patch on clothing, it won't work well because it doesn't get hot enough. The Singer was tested to be the hottest of the machines they had 2 years ago. I wish I remembered the name of the customer service guy who told me about the heat issue.

Just like ironing board pads, the pad has to be replaced every so often. Mine have torn, so just ordered a replacement.

(unknown)

Hi,

which steam press do you have?

Lynn

How do you use Dr.Bonners soap to shampoo hair Do you use just a few drops or what? Thanks for sharing.

Guest guest

glad to hear your good news on your progress.......keep it up.....BARB in

Florida

(unknown)

Hi,

I'm 2 weeks out from reverse shoulder replacement and had the staples taken

out

Monday. Was totally immobile until then and now in a regular sling for

another 3

weeks. Still not to do any pt or exercise for shoulder, but the pain level

now

is nowhere near what it was prior to the surgery. Still sleeping a lot. I

think

I forgot about that from my tkr. Can't drive either for another 3 weeks.

That's

probably the hardest part. Other than that it feels great. When this one

heals I

will need to do the other shoulder as well.

Jeff

Guest guest

Glad the pain is calming down.

Best

Jackie

Jackie on

Borntodrum.org

Womendrummers.org

Girightshotline.org

510-332-5998

On Oct 20, 2010, at 2:27 PM, Scharff <zinsdad@...> wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm 2 weeks out from reverse shoulder replacement and had the staples taken

out

> Monday. Was totally immobile until then and now in a regular sling for another

> weeks. Still not to do any pt or exercise for shoulder, but the pain level now

> is nowhere near what it was prior to the surgery. Still sleeping a lot. I

think

> I forgot about that from my tkr. Can't drive either for another 3 weeks.

That's

> probably the hardest part. Other than that it feels great. When this one heals

I

> will need to do the other shoulder as well.

> Jeff

>

>

Guest guest

Ummm ... are you talking about DLPA versus LPA or DPA?  ALA is something else completely.  There have been several emails to this list earlier regarding DLPA - the L form has been linked to help with depression, the D form to help with pain, and the combined form linked with helping extend the endorphin boost benefit, as well as the afore mentioned depression and pain.  It is fairly easy to find the L or combined forms - co-ops, health food stores, whole foods, etc I have only seen the D form online - i-herb does carry the D form.  I prefer the combined form.

I take a melatonin supplement at the same time I take my LDN and then I can fall asleep.  If I don't take the Melatonin too - no sleep - as I just proved to myself again a few nights ago.  I do better with a Melatonin mix called Sleep Science made by source naturals from Whole Foods than just staright Melatonin though.  I have chronic severe insomnia issues of many many years - did sleep studies, saw sleep therapists, did biofeedback, did LOTS of things - this is the only combo that has worked for me.

Jaxi

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Angel <whiteangel1853@...> wrote:

I would like to know why you would take DPL vs DLP, and is ALA better? I am on the 5HTP and it was working great but now I am feeling a bit down and was wondering what I should add. I am taking ALA 600x2 Qday. I take 5HTP, Gabba and Inositol. I have severe insomnia as well as intermittent depression since I got sick 20 years ago.

ThanksCFS, FM, OA, IC, Periphal Neuropathy, etc

" Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, " I will try again tomorrow " . "

Guest guest

Dear ,

So Sorry about your trauma.

Will try to help as much as I can.

Love, Ashana

[mailto: ] On

Behalf Of Anne

Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:18 AM

Subject: (unknown)

Dear HH Family,

I sit in the

shadows and send out reiki when it is asked for without posting it. I

feel it come through me automatically and go to those of you who request

it. It is always a great honor for me when this happens.

I now need

help. Fri eve, 10/22, I dislocated my left shoulder. There is a

high probability that I am facing major surgery to repair the damage.

With this injury, I also injured my back and neck, ribcage and my other

shoulder. I am seeking speedy, whole, complete healing and avoiding

surgery. I am under the care of a very gifted medical team, orthopeadic

surgeon, physiotherapist, massage therapist who is my reiki master, and a

gifted chiropractor.

I seek healing

energies, prayers etc sent to me and my medical team.

Namaste' &

Peace!

Anne

Guest guest

I will do some Tong Ren healing for you today on your left

shoulder and side.

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of Ashana

Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2010 4:47 AM

Subject: RE: (unknown)

Dear ,

So Sorry about your trauma.

Will try to help as much as I can.

Love, Ashana

Behalf Of Anne

Dear HH Family,

I sit in the shadows and send out reiki

when it is asked for without posting it. I feel it come through me

automatically and go to those of you who request it. It is always a great

honor for me when this happens.

I now need help. Fri eve, 10/22, I

dislocated my left shoulder. There is a high probability that I am facing

major surgery to repair the damage. With this injury, I also injured my

back and neck, ribcage and my other shoulder. I am seeking speedy, whole,

complete healing and avoiding surgery. I am under the care of a very

gifted medical team, orthopeadic surgeon, physiotherapist, massage therapist

who is my reiki master, and a gifted chiropractor.

I seek healing energies, prayers etc sent

to me and my medical team.

Namaste' & Peace!

Anne

Guest guest

-healing energy and prayers being sent... love to you...From: Ashana <tatik@...> Sent: Sun, October 24, 2010 3:46:44 AMSubject: RE: (unknown)

Dear , So Sorry about your trauma. Will try to help as much as I can. Love, Ashana

Behalf Of Anne

Dear HH Family,

I sit in the

shadows and send out reiki when it is asked for without posting it. I

feel it come through me automatically and go to those of you who request

it. It is always a great honor for me when this happens.

I now need

help. Fri eve, 10/22, I dislocated my left shoulder. There is a

high probability that I am facing major surgery to repair the damage.

With this injury, I also injured my back and neck, ribcage and my other

shoulder. I am seeking speedy, whole, complete healing and avoiding

surgery. I am under the care of a very gifted medical team, orthopeadic

surgeon, physiotherapist, massage therapist who is my reiki master, and a

gifted chiropractor.

I seek healing

energies, prayers etc sent to me and my medical team.

Namaste' &

Peace!

Anne

Guest guest

Treatment meds are mean.. and whomever decided to describe treatment symptoms as " flu-like " really insulted the flu.  Treatment is more like the flu on steroids.. Conseco style.  I experienced very much of what you are describing.  I too had every side effect known to man plus a few they weren't aware of yet..  I know this is a rough walk, but we are here to hold your hand thru it.  

8 weeks in..  yep, it's a rough place to be.  In far enough to be committed but not far enough to see that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train.  Oh I am so sorry.  You can and will get thru this.  Not having a large viral load drop at 4 weeks is not uncommon.  My doctor doesn't normally even test til 8 weeks and then he just wants to see some drop.  I was lucky and started testing undetectable at 6 weeks.  He tested me early because I had to be admitted for a blood transfusion.  I was very very anemic.  I passed out at the nurses station and woke up with the room full of people with very scared looks on their faces.  I pulled thru and needed 2 more blood transfusions before it was over with 42 weeks later.  My very worst weeks were 10 thru 35...  or at least according to my husband.  That's when he saw me the sickest and with the worst depression and riba rage.  Somehow I got thru it...  still not sure how.  I think my drive came from not wanting to die.. and I was one of the ones that would have died without treatment.  Now, 5 years later, I am SVR and considered a " Survivor " .  I am the first to admit that I am a big baby.. so if I can do this.. anyone can do this.  

Are you eating and drinking enough?  The sides will calm down a bit if you can get enough fluids and nourishment in  your system.  I don't care what you eat, just eat something..  You need at least 1,200 calories a day to maintain a fight thru treatment.  You also need over a gallon of water a day.  

Let me know what I can do to help.. make it easier or just support you.

Hugs,TeriOn Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 1:49 PM, jam <nandyad@...> wrote:

My last post I promissed to try and post about treatment as I went through it. Little did I know how bad it would get.In hospital twice now for chest and belly pain. The rear end was so bad that I screamed each time I had to go.I get so dizzy and my brain is to where nobody wants to be around and they probaly want me dead. Nobody around seem to understand, even though I have tried to explain. These meds are so damn bad on me, if I had to start over with it, hell I wouldnt. I took my 8th shot last night and it seem to be alittle better for me.I think, I have 40 weeks to go and get so upset, thinking that I can not do it that long. But I have to take it a shot at a time for now. I suppose I have every side they listed. Please dont let me discourge any of you to start treatment because not everone get all this. I have skin cancer that was taken off last year and this morning informed it was back and I need more surgry,my platlets and red and white cell have fallen so low that my doctor says I would bleed to death if I had it done now. I had no drop in VL at 4 weeks and that not very encourging. I will stop for now and will try to answer any questions as Im able to set up. Sorry I could not post as I promissed. I learnt so much on this site and glad I did as to what to expect in treatment. Thanks to you all for being there and words of encourgement you guys give.

Guest guest

I am so sorry for you! But I do know how you feel, as I felt the same while on treatment.

I had to quit posting, as not only did I not have the strength to sit up, I didn't have the strength to complain - and that say's allot.

I was so angry at the world - I know no one wanted to be around me, after I spouted off horrific rude comments to innocent, kind friends that would come to check on me - things like- "what did you come for, I don't have a#$%@ & decent thing to say", and that was just one of the mild things. People finally quit coming by near as much, and some just stopped all together.

I did allot of apologizing after the treatment was over, even though I didn't remember for sure who I had offended or what exactly I had said, and most all understood it was the drugs, not me..

I never made it the full 48 weeks, as I am geno 1A, but there are so many that have and that cleared it. You will too, keep the faith...

I too was hospitalized like at least 3 times, because I had gotten so sick. My primary care doctor, whom cared for me while I was on TX, admitted me to the hospital those times, and I remember a statement he made to me when he was trying to get me to go in the hospital. He said : " , you look like a walking dead-woman"! Now bare in mind, he's been my primary care doctor for years, and we are very good friends.

I didn't take it offensively I am sure I probably said something sarcastic back.,

As far as my viral load while on tx, they didn't even check it until after my tenth week, they said that was par for the course. So checking at 4 weeks must be a new thing their doing now...

I am so sorry to hear about the skin cancer coming back, did the doctor tell you it was okay to wait until after tx - I will be praying for you.

Lots of hugs and prayers,

I know it's difficult for you - but you are in a perfect place, even if you can't or don't feel like posting, maybe just reading sometimes will help.

I do remember not even having the desire to correspond with anyone after awhile...

In a message dated 10/26/2010 1:57:10 P.M. Central Daylight Time, nandyad@... writes:

My last post I promissed to try and post about treatment as I went through it. Little did I know how bad it would get.In hospital twice now for chest and belly pain. The rear end was so bad that I screamed each time I had to go.I get so dizzy and my brain is to where nobody wants to be around and they probaly want me dead. Nobody around seem to understand, even though I have tried to explain. These meds are so damn bad on me, if I had to start over with it, hell I wouldnt. I took my 8th shot last night and it seem to be alittle better for me.I think, I have 40 weeks to go and get so upset, thinking that I can not do it that long. But I have to take it a shot at a time for now. I suppose I have every side they listed. Please dont let me discourge any of you to start treatment because not everone get all this. I have skin cancer that was taken off last year and this morning informed it was back and I need more surgry,my platlets and red and white cell have fallen so lo w that my doctor says I would bleed to death if I had it done now. I had no drop in VL at 4 weeks and that not very encourging. I will stop for now and will try to answer any questions as Im able to set up. Sorry I could not post as I promissed. I learnt so much on this site and glad I did as to what to expect in treatment. Thanks to you all for being there and words of encourgement you guys give.

Guest guest

I'm guessing that traditional Greek yogurt was made with sheep's milk, which is why is thicker.  Sheep's milk is much higher in protein and BF than cow's milk.

-Bill

Hi again.Has anyone made greek yogurt? Ilike the greek because it has a higher protein content and I am a personal trainer and have done somebody building. Getting in enough protein and keeping the fat somewhat low is important to me. Not sure if anyone else can relate but I am finding eating for health and eating for bodybuilding and muscle are really two different things.I am trying hard to find that balance. Can anyone relate to this or have any suggestions? Thanks so much!  :)

Stefanie Meredithcertified nutrition coachrandst@...nutritionwithstefanie.com

Guest guest

I believe we had to wait 2 to 3 months just for a regular ortho but to get into

the hospital for the casting eval a bout a month. Always call and ask to be put

on the cancellation list. I worked in doctors offices for yrs and if someone

keeps calling me I would find a way to get them in cuz they were driving me

nuts! :) don't be passive! This is your child and if you don't advocate for him

who will?? Don't be rude when you call just express your deep concern and

explain time is of the essence.

Sorry your having a bad day :(

kfaul@... wrote:

>In everyones experience (it will vary) what are the wait times like to be seen

by orthos? It is so hard watching your childs curve change before your eyes and

wait for referrals to go through.

>It was so sad hearing my husband say for the first time " look at his back! It

is so bad. How will anything correct it? "

>My husband doesn't talk much about our sons back. When he said that I was sad.

>It is just hard to see the changes and feel helpless. My husbands uncle has

scoliosis. He is in his 60s and has never had any treatments. It is hard to

see my sons body developing like his great uncles.

>Sorry. Just having a rough day.

>Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld

>

> Dealing with the Rude Public

>>infantile scoliosis treatment

>>Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 10:02 AM

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> 

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> As you all know, my baby girl who is almost 15 months old now has

Scoliosis. She is having to wear a brace until Nov. 9th when she will get her

first of many (probably 7-8) serial casts applied. Anyway, she is wearing this

brace which is worn underneath her clothes. But, it is very bulky and you can

definately tell that she has it on (even though you can't see it). My husband

and I took her out for the first time in several days over the weekend to go

shopping and just to get her used to riding in a cart again in a store. She did

great in the cart. But, there were several people who kept staring at her. I

have no problem with people wondering about her because I am surely not ashamed

of my baby girl. But, my problem is that when she gets a little older, she is

going to start noticing people looking at her and asking me why theystare at

her. People can be so rude. This one lady in particular stared at her the entire

time that my husband and I were

>> looking at baby dresses in a department store. We were in the same area of

the store for at least 30 minutes picking out new dresses for my baby for church

this Fall/Winter. This lady kept lingering near where we were and stared at my

baby. No, it was not just a look, it was a full-fledged STARE. I felt like

saying to her " May I help you? " But, I held my tongue. Please pray for this

situation. I just am looking ahead to the future when my baby will be very

self-conscious of her appearance. I don't want her to have a low self-esteem

because of rude and nosy people. How do you all deal with this kind of thing?

It makes me so angry!

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

Guest guest

I just know very well from experience that you want to be "politely pushy" and act as fast as possible with progressive cases- the treatment can be longer and harder if you don't get in early. Remind us what stage you are at with age/numbers, if you don't mind? We saw an ortho on the same day we brought it up to our pedi, but that ortho kept us watching and waiting with dangerous advice while our child got much worse rapidly. Heidi, Bexon's Mommy, (3 years old, in 8th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 62 degrees to 20 in cast)From: "kfaul@..." <kfaul@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Wed, October 27, 2010 1:49:10 PMSubject: (unknown)

In everyones experience (it will vary) what are the wait times like to be seen by orthos? It is so hard watching your childs curve change before your eyes and wait for referrals to go through.It was so sad hearing my husband say for the first time "look at his back! It is so bad. How will anything correct it?"My husband doesn't talk much about our sons back. When he said that I was sad. It is just hard to see the changes and feel helpless. My husbands uncle has scoliosis. He is in his 60s and has never had any treatments. It is hard to see my sons body developing like his great uncles. Sorry. Just having a rough day. Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheldFrom: <missikay10@...>

Sender: infantile scoliosis treatment

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:06:00 -0500<infantile scoliosis treatment >Reply infantile scoliosis treatment

Subject: Re: Dealing with the Rude Public

I've actually have been asked if I dropped him and broke his back! As tempted as I was to be a smart @ass I instead handed her an ISOP pamphlet that I had made many copies of and gave her a quick explanation. Once that happened her and EVERY ONE around that witnessed the whole thing became very interested and sympathetic. I always have them handy in the diaper bag. I love the chance to explain what he has and what great success we have had. Sometimes though when in a hurry and someone notices the sholder pads and they say, oh how cute he's wearing football pads under his shirt I just smile and walk away.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Leeper <bethanney05@...> wrote:

>If I notice someone staring I just show them 's cast. He really likes to show it off sometimes, and I just show them. Sometimes if we are in a really hot store I just take off his shirt and let him go only in the cast and that really gets some attention. Don't worry, just make sure that she knows that she is special and people are only looking at her because her casts are so cool.

>

>Beth Rettinger

>Mother of

>In Third Cast From SLC

>

>

>

>From: juliechafin2005 <juliechafin2005@...>

>Subject: Dealing with the Rude Public

>infantile scoliosis treatment

>Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 10:02 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> As you all know, my baby girl who is almost 15 months old now has Scoliosis. She is having to wear a brace until Nov. 9th when she will get her first of many (probably 7-8) serial casts applied. Anyway, she is wearing this brace which is worn underneath her clothes. But, it is very bulky and you can definately tell that she has it on (even though you can't see it). My husband and I took her out for the first time in several days over the weekend to go shopping and just to get her used to riding in a cart again in a store. She did great in the cart. But, there were several people who kept staring at her. I have no problem with people wondering about her because I am surely not ashamed of my baby girl. But, my problem is that when she gets a little older, she is going to start noticing people looking at her and asking me why theystare at her. People can be so rude. This one lady in particular stared at her the entire time that my husband and I

were

> looking at baby dresses in a department store. We were in the same area of the store for at least 30 minutes picking out new dresses for my baby for church this Fall/Winter. This lady kept lingering near where we were and stared at my baby. No, it was not just a look, it was a full-fledged STARE. I felt like saying to her "May I help you?" But, I held my tongue. Please pray for this situation. I just am looking ahead to the future when my baby will be very self-conscious of her appearance. I don't want her to have a low self-esteem because of rude and nosy people. How do you all deal with this kind of thing? It makes me so angry!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

We got our diagnosis, saw the doctor, saw an ortho, and were MRI and casted within 3 weeks.Two casts (two months each) took us from 57 degrees to 11 degrees) and we started bracing. So, basically we were casting from April until August and bracing since the end of August.a

Guest guest

is now 9 months. His curve was 61* not sure what it is now. His next appt is in Dec with our regular Dr. We are waiting to see another Dr for a second opinionSent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheldFrom: NIck Guthe <nickguthe@...>Sender: infantile scoliosis treatment Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:23:38 -0700 (PDT)<infantile scoliosis treatment >Reply infantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Re: (unknown) I just know very well from experience that you want to be "politely pushy" and act as fast as possible with progressive cases- the treatment can be longer and harder if you don't get in early. Remind us what stage you are at with age/numbers, if you don't mind? We saw an ortho on the same day we brought it up to our pedi, but that ortho kept us watching and waiting with dangerous advice while our child got much worse rapidly. Heidi, Bexon's Mommy, (3 years old, in 8th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 62 degrees to 20 in cast)From: "kfaul@..." <kfaul@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Wed, October 27, 2010 1:49:10 PMSubject: (unknown) In everyones experience (it will vary) what are the wait times like to be seen by orthos? It is so hard watching your childs curve change before your eyes and wait for referrals to go through.It was so sad hearing my husband say for the first time "look at his back! It is so bad. How will anything correct it?"My husband doesn't talk much about our sons back. When he said that I was sad. It is just hard to see the changes and feel helpless. My husbands uncle has scoliosis. He is in his 60s and has never had any treatments. It is hard to see my sons body developing like his great uncles. Sorry. Just having a rough day. Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheldFrom: <missikay10@...>Sender: infantile scoliosis treatment Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:06:00 -0500<infantile scoliosis treatment >Reply infantile scoliosis treatment Subject: Re: Dealing with the Rude Public I've actually have been asked if I dropped him and broke his back! As tempted as I was to be a smart @ass I instead handed her an ISOP pamphlet that I had made many copies of and gave her a quick explanation. Once that happened her and EVERY ONE around that witnessed the whole thing became very interested and sympathetic. I always have them handy in the diaper bag. I love the chance to explain what he has and what great success we have had. Sometimes though when in a hurry and someone notices the sholder pads and they say, oh how cute he's wearing football pads under his shirt I just smile and walk away.Don't sweat the small stuff! Leeper <bethanney05@...> wrote:>If I notice someone staring I just show them 's cast. He really likes to show it off sometimes, and I just show them. Sometimes if we are in a really hot store I just take off his shirt and let him go only in the cast and that really gets some attention. Don't worry, just make sure that she knows that she is special and people are only looking at her because her casts are so cool.>>Beth Rettinger>Mother of >In Third Cast From SLC>>>>From: juliechafin2005 <juliechafin2005@...>>Subject: Dealing with the Rude Public>infantile scoliosis treatment >Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 10:02 AM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > >>>> >>> > > > As you all know, my baby girl who is almost 15 months old now has Scoliosis. She is having to wear a brace until Nov. 9th when she will get her first of many (probably 7-8) serial casts applied. Anyway, she is wearing this brace which is worn underneath her clothes. But, it is very bulky and you can definately tell that she has it on (even though you can't see it). My husband and I took her out for the first time in several days over the weekend to go shopping and just to get her used to riding in a cart again in a store. She did great in the cart. But, there were several people who kept staring at her. I have no problem with people wondering about her because I am surely not ashamed of my baby girl. But, my problem is that when she gets a little older, she is going to start noticing people looking at her and asking me why theystare at her. People can be so rude. This one lady in particular stared at her the entire time that my husband and Iwere> looking at baby dresses in a department store. We were in the same area of the store for at least 30 minutes picking out new dresses for my baby for church this Fall/Winter. This lady kept lingering near where we were and stared at my baby. No, it was not just a look, it was a full-fledged STARE. I felt like saying to her "May I help you?" But, I held my tongue. Please pray for this situation. I just am looking ahead to the future when my baby will be very self-conscious of her appearance. I don't want her to have a low self-esteem because of rude and nosy people. How do you all deal with this kind of thing? It makes me so angry! >>>>>> > >> > >>> >>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>