RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am penicillin resistant due to the over usage when I was a child.

The first 7 years of my life were spent under a vent for pneumonia

and from what I'm told it was touch & go. So when my kids came

along I was overly cautious to the doctors & prescriptions.

Thank God they were hardly ever sick!

Then my super healthy kid got Leukemia at age 19 10 years ago &

lost 8 years ago. Which had a direct relation to benzene. Just

this summer the conv/gas store up the road was fined for old leaking

tanks that had never been removed but new ones placed about 5 years

ago. I live on a water basin. But back to the antibiotics... They

should never give unless absolutely necessary!

On 9/22/2010 7:45 AM, terri miller wrote:

you're so where I'm at with antibiotics---if

I could just tame my fear. I, of couse, don't

want to find ourselves in a critical situation.

My child has not had one since he was 13 months

old and he's almost 10. That antibiotic wasn't

necessary and made him ill but I had only part

time care of him at that point(full

custody/adoption came a little later)or he

wouldn't have had that one. My oldest who is

now 31 had dose after dose of the junk by the

time he was 10; I trusted our doctor with his

repeated ear infections. His appendix burst

when he was 11 and was misdiagnosed for 3 days.

At day 4 we refused to leave the E.R. without an

answer. He was full of peritonitis from the

burst. In the hospital 10 days following

surgery AND NOT RESPONDING TO VINCOMYACIN

DRIP---that's still the strongest available

today. The surgeon told me under no

circumstance was he take an antibiotic for 5

years; he was completely resistant. They've

known the potential for this for at least as far

back as 1990. I also believe antibiotics are

responsible for all the resistant bugs that keep

crawling out of the woodwork.

THOSE

WHO WOULD GIVE UP ESSENTIAL LIBERTY, TO

PURCHASE A LITTLE TEMPORARY SAFETY,

DESERVE NEITHER LIBERTY NOR SAFETY.

lin

>

>>

>>

>> thanks to all for reminders and

advice

>>

>> our health store was open today so we

went--- who runs the store is a wealth of

knowledge; he said on sight he felt it is MRSA

>>

>> we came home with silver gel, silver

liquid and a natural antibiotic powder

>>

>> I'm praying for remarkable results.

>> THOSE WHO WOULD GIVE UP ESSENTIAL

LIBERTY, TO PURCHASE A LITTLE TEMPORARY

SAFETY, DESERVE NEITHER LIBERTY NOR SAFETY.

>>

lin

>>

>

>

>

------------------------------------

Guest guest

why are you apllying it every two hours, that seems a bit much. That could be keeping it more moist. If there is excessive drainage them yeah change it but every two hours is to often.

From: terri miller <territoon100@...>Subject: (unknown)no-forced-vaccination Date: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 7:06 AM

Another thing bothering me with this area on my son's tummy is that we're keeping it covered as that's what has been most suggested. The silver gel, even with the powder, is keeping that area moist. This seems wrong to me; that this would provide for a growth environment. I also get that we need to contain direct contact. I also don't what is a realistic amount of time for improvement and, of course, want it now. We just began the new treatment regimen yesterday morning and have been applying every 2 hours during waking hours. More input welcome.

I can't tell all of you how I WISH we had a naturopath available and that insurance companies recognized them!

THOSE WHO WOULD GIVE UP ESSENTIAL LIBERTY, TO PURCHASE A LITTLE TEMPORARY SAFETY, DESERVE NEITHER LIBERTY NOR SAFETY. lin

Guest guest

why are you apllying it every two hours, that seems a bit much. That could be keeping it more moist. If there is excessive drainage them yeah change it but every two hours is to often.

From: terri miller <territoon100@...>Subject: (unknown)no-forced-vaccination Date: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 7:06 AM

Another thing bothering me with this area on my son's tummy is that we're keeping it covered as that's what has been most suggested. The silver gel, even with the powder, is keeping that area moist. This seems wrong to me; that this would provide for a growth environment. I also get that we need to contain direct contact. I also don't what is a realistic amount of time for improvement and, of course, want it now. We just began the new treatment regimen yesterday morning and have been applying every 2 hours during waking hours. More input welcome.

I can't tell all of you how I WISH we had a naturopath available and that insurance companies recognized them!

THOSE WHO WOULD GIVE UP ESSENTIAL LIBERTY, TO PURCHASE A LITTLE TEMPORARY SAFETY, DESERVE NEITHER LIBERTY NOR SAFETY. lin

Guest guest

I can't say for sure not having seen this, but I would keep it open to the air

in between treatments. As I mentioned in my first response to you, the goal is

to keep anaerobic elements from festering.

Also important, is he home full time right now? In school? Homeschooling?

From what you've said this sounds like a stay at home and run around without a

shirt on to heal kind of scenario.

t

On Sep 22, 2010, at 10:06 AM, terri miller wrote:

>

> Another thing bothering me with this area on my son's tummy is that we're

keeping it covered as that's what has been most suggested. The silver gel, even

with the powder, is keeping that area moist. This seems wrong to me; that this

would provide for a growth environment. I also get that we need to contain

direct contact. I also don't what is a realistic amount of time for improvement

and, of course, want it now. We just began the new treatment regimen yesterday

morning and have been applying every 2 hours during waking hours. More input

welcome.

>

> I can't tell all of you how I WISH we had a naturopath available and that

insurance companies recognized them!

>

>

>

> THOSE WHO WOULD GIVE UP ESSENTIAL LIBERTY, TO PURCHASE A LITTLE TEMPORARY

> lin

>

>

Guest guest

I can't say for sure not having seen this, but I would keep it open to the air

in between treatments. As I mentioned in my first response to you, the goal is

to keep anaerobic elements from festering.

Also important, is he home full time right now? In school? Homeschooling?

From what you've said this sounds like a stay at home and run around without a

shirt on to heal kind of scenario.

t

On Sep 22, 2010, at 10:06 AM, terri miller wrote:

>

> Another thing bothering me with this area on my son's tummy is that we're

keeping it covered as that's what has been most suggested. The silver gel, even

with the powder, is keeping that area moist. This seems wrong to me; that this

would provide for a growth environment. I also get that we need to contain

direct contact. I also don't what is a realistic amount of time for improvement

and, of course, want it now. We just began the new treatment regimen yesterday

morning and have been applying every 2 hours during waking hours. More input

welcome.

>

> I can't tell all of you how I WISH we had a naturopath available and that

insurance companies recognized them!

>

>

>

> THOSE WHO WOULD GIVE UP ESSENTIAL LIBERTY, TO PURCHASE A LITTLE TEMPORARY

> lin

>

>

Guest guest

There are court rulings that have occurred when the school refuses to test and the parents take them to court. Supporting my "claim" is not hard because A) you just have to read child find to see what it says is required and B) schools do this - refuse to test. If it were illegal to not test, they wouldn't have to have court cases over it. But it's grey and murky, like all good laws. And so it happens that school administrators might balk at testing kids who don't show any problems in class. The point here is that just because you have a dx, doesn't mean you will get testing or services.

I agree with you - if you push it, they should just do testing because it would be easier to claim the child doesn't need services than to argue against testing them, IMO. And I would imagine most schools do it that way too. I don't know if having an outside dx would force a school but I think it can only add to the data on the parent's side. Still, it's no guarantee. If a child is doing just fine in school, some schools can argue there is no need to test no matter what dx the parent's bring to them. This happens. I've just been reading posts the last few days and have seen several already where the school refused to either test or to provide services because the kid was "smart."

Most parents will not go to due process. Many just give up and homeschool or make due with what they can get. Due process is incredibly expensive as well. I doubt the odds are in the parent's favor either so having incredible documentation and an obvious violation will help - both things that probably don't happen often. While the school can use their taxpayer-paid-for lawyer, parents have to go out and get a lawyer and pay for it themselves. So if the school is refusing to test a child, I don't think parents will go to due process as a general rule.

Roxanna

"I

predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Jefferson

( ) (unknown)

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hi, My name is Shirley and my son's name is DJ. He's 12. He has Asperger's,

> > capd, ocd and adhd. He's very bright so the school denied him assistance. I

> > quit my job to homeschool and I can't say I really know what i'm doing. His

> > dad doesn't help with this. He is in total denial. Any adivce would be

> > appreciated. Shirley

> >

>

Guest guest

I'm not sure which one you mean but we do the GAPS diet by Dr McBride and you are allowed to have butter on that - in fact it is recommended to have natural fats with every meal. You should not have it for 4 weeks then slowly introduce it (organic unsalted is best). My kids eat tons of butter and do really well on it. It's also highly recommended by the Weston A Price foundation and Nourishing Traditions/Sally Fallon. There is casein in butter but not very much and most people will tolerate it unless there is a true allergy.Autism Treatment From: tahirasufi@...Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 03:25:49 -0700Subject: (unknown)

hi, please could someone remind me of the name of the dairy free spread that one can use in the gfcf diet and where to get it, thanks tahira

Guest guest

Hi Tahira

Pure sunflower spread was mentioned last week. it is dairy free and non hydrogenated.. We use the Pure Olive spread which is also dairyfree... WE have had to use these as our kids do not do well on Whey.. and most margarines have whey powder in them,

Best Wishes

Tracey

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:37 AM, McReynolds <canadacath@...> wrote:

I'm not sure which one you mean but we do the GAPS diet by Dr McBride and you are allowed to have butter on that - in fact it is recommended to have natural fats with every meal.  You should not have it for 4 weeks then slowly introduce it (organic unsalted is best).  My kids eat tons of butter and do really well on it.  It's also highly recommended by the Weston A Price foundation and Nourishing Traditions/Sally Fallon.  There is casein in butter but not very much and most people will tolerate it unless there is a true allergy.

Autism Treatment From: tahirasufi@...Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 03:25:49 -0700

Subject: (unknown)  

hi,  please  could  someone remind me of the name  of the  dairy free spread that   one  can use in the  gfcf  diet  and  where to  get it,  thanks   tahira

Guest guest

well i have been using ghee and butter but just thought maybe i should not be due to thge cassein present so in a way i feel reassured that it is ok to doing so. thanks tahiraFrom: McReynolds <canadacath@...>Autism Biomedical < >Sent: Fri, 24 September, 2010 11:37:27Subject: RE: (unknown)

I'm not sure which one you mean but we do the GAPS diet by Dr McBride and you are allowed to have butter on that - in fact it is recommended to have natural fats with every meal. You should not have it for 4 weeks then slowly introduce it (organic unsalted is best). My kids eat tons of butter and do really well on it. It's also highly recommended by the Weston A Price foundation and Nourishing Traditions/Sally Fallon. There is casein in butter but not very much and most people will tolerate it unless there is a true allergy.Autism Treatment From: tahirasufi@...Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 03:25:49 -0700Subject: (unknown)

hi, please could someone remind me of the name of the dairy free spread that one can use in the gfcf diet and where to get it, thanks tahira

Guest guest

I am also wanting to try butter for my 2 year old ds as recommended by Natasha .  I was looking at goats butter but all the ones I have found have other things added.  Are other people using goats or cows butter?

Alison ROn 24 September 2010 14:54, tahira sufi <tahirasufi@...> wrote:

well i  have  been  using ghee  and butter  but  just thought maybe i  should not  be due to thge  cassein  present so in  a way i feel reassured that  it  is ok  to  doing  so. thanks tahira

Sent: Fri, 24 September, 2010 11:37:27Subject: RE: (unknown)

I'm not sure which one you mean but we do the GAPS diet by Dr McBride and you are allowed to have butter on that - in fact it is recommended to have natural fats with every meal.  You should not have it for 4 weeks then slowly introduce it (organic unsalted is best).  My kids eat tons of butter and do really well on it.  It's also highly recommended by the Weston A Price foundation and Nourishing Traditions/Sally Fallon.  There is casein in butter but not very much and most people will tolerate it unless there is a true allergy.

Autism Treatment From: tahirasufi@...

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 03:25:49 -0700Subject: (unknown)

hi,  please  could  someone remind me of the name  of the  dairy free spread that   one  can use in the  gfcf  diet  and  where to  get it,  thanks   tahira

Guest guest

So, a little bit of casein is ok?? I was under the impression that my son couldn't have ANY casein. Cow butter is easy to make; I imagine it would also be easy to make your own goat butter. I would love to be able to add some butter to my son's diet.FabienneOn 25.09.2010, at 21:24, alison rowbotham <rowbotham.alison@...> wrote:

I am also wanting to try butter for my 2 year old ds as recommended by Natasha . I was looking at goats butter but all the ones I have found have other things added. Are other people using goats or cows butter?

well i have been using ghee and butter but just thought maybe i should not be due to thge cassein present so in a way i feel reassured that it is ok to doing so. thanks tahira

I'm not sure which one you mean but we do the GAPS diet by Dr McBride and you are allowed to have butter on that - in fact it is recommended to have natural fats with every meal. You should not have it for 4 weeks then slowly introduce it (organic unsalted is best). My kids eat tons of butter and do really well on it. It's also highly recommended by the Weston A Price foundation and Nourishing Traditions/Sally Fallon. There is casein in butter but not very much and most people will tolerate it unless there is a true allergy.

Guest guest

So, a little bit of casein is ok?? I was under the impression that my son couldn't have ANY casein. Cow butter is easy to make; I imagine it would also be easy to make your own goat butter. I would love to be able to add some butter to my son's diet.FabienneOn 25.09.2010, at 21:24, alison rowbotham <rowbotham.alison@...> wrote:

I am also wanting to try butter for my 2 year old ds as recommended by Natasha . I was looking at goats butter but all the ones I have found have other things added. Are other people using goats or cows butter?

well i have been using ghee and butter but just thought maybe i should not be due to thge cassein present so in a way i feel reassured that it is ok to doing so. thanks tahira

I'm not sure which one you mean but we do the GAPS diet by Dr McBride and you are allowed to have butter on that - in fact it is recommended to have natural fats with every meal. You should not have it for 4 weeks then slowly introduce it (organic unsalted is best). My kids eat tons of butter and do really well on it. It's also highly recommended by the Weston A Price foundation and Nourishing Traditions/Sally Fallon. There is casein in butter but not very much and most people will tolerate it unless there is a true allergy.

Guest guest

Guest guest

There are lots of different caseins, each with different molecular structures.

Different species have different caseins in the milk. Casein content can vary

with the animal's diet.

Chances are the child has an adverse response to one casein or some of them but

not others. My son's energy levels shot up once we switched his dairy intake

from cow to goat, so we stayed with it. Research shows that malnourished

children tend to thrive better on goat's than cow's milk.

Sue

>

> well i have been using ghee and butter but just thought maybe i should

not be due to thge cassein present so in a way i feel reassured that it is

ok to doing so. thanks tahira

>

> From: McReynolds <canadacath@...>

> Autism Biomedical < >

> Sent: Fri, 24 September, 2010 11:37:27

> Subject: RE: (unknown)

>

>

> I'm not sure which one you mean but we do the GAPS diet by Dr McBride

and you are allowed to have butter on that - in fact it is recommended to have

natural fats with every meal. You should not have it for 4 weeks then slowly

introduce it (organic unsalted is best). My kids eat tons of butter and do

really well on it. It's also highly recommended by the Weston A Price

foundation and Nourishing Traditions/Sally Fallon. There is casein in butter

but not very much and most people will tolerate it unless there is a true

allergy.

>

>

>

>

> Autism Treatment

> From: tahirasufi@...

> Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 03:25:49 -0700

> Subject: (unknown)

>

>

>

> hi, please could someone remind me of the name of the dairy free spread

that one can use in the gfcf diet and where to get it, thanks tahira

>

Guest guest

This all depends - if there is an allergy to specific cows-milk proteins or other factors like lactose intolerance maybe any is too much. The same is true of gluten in true coeliac autistic cases and there are some of these. Unfortunately there isn't a simple test as with antiendomesial and antigliadin antibodies and gluten. If there is a problem due to exorphins (opioids produced through incomplete digestion of milk protein as suggested by Shattock and others like beta-caseomorphin 7) then it is probably a case of limited amounts are OK but more is likely to be problematic. The jury is still out on this one - Sunderland say exorphins are over-represented in ASD (and in Gulf War Syndrome and organophosphate sheep dip-affected farmers); an attempted York replication found them but also in their controls, and another group couldn't find them in ASD or in

controls. This is probably down to the differences between the methods used - basically gel column separation vs electrospray mass spect. So 'more research needs to be done'. I have talked a fair bit about the issues in the Diet book if you want to explore further.Ken

Guest guest

On 26 September 2010 08:06, Fabienne Serna <fabienne.serna@...> wrote:

So, a little bit of casein is ok??  I was under the impression that my son couldn't have ANY casein.   Cow butter is easy to make; I imagine it would also be easy to make your own goat butter. I would love to be able to add some butter to my son's diet.

If he is addicted to the stuff then no. If he is lactose intolerant then yes. Have you tried the Pure sunflower spread?-- is

Guest guest

Does he take Taurine and Magnesium? Google Taurine and seizures and same for Mag, you will get lots of hits.

Tracey has said her daughters seizures go up with new TST exercises and then get much better

Is she growing fast at the moment

Mandi x

In a message dated 28/09/2010 11:16:49 GMT Daylight Time, tahirasufi@... writes:

hi all, my son who is 6yrs has had myoclonic epilepsy since he was 1yr old after numerous tests lumbar puncture they classified it as idiopathic however i have always noticed the problems he has had in the gut issues like severe constipation. i have been doing some tst with him .T he neurologist put him on pryidoxal sulphate [ active form of vit 6] which helped his seizures in count number initially but although they are still less in number the seizures are recently becoming longer with his hands shaking and body stiffening so instead of him coming back almost immedialey he is taking 10 secs or so. can anyone advise what i should do, what can be the cause i am really upset seeing him have these stronger and lomnger seizures. i have talked to the doctor who says that if no benefit seen from th pyridoxal then take him off it so he will only be on kepra then. he has never had the prolonged seizures only has the quick jerk or at most the drop seizures. please let me know for anyone had similar experience to this thanks tahira

Guest guest

>>>yes indeedy, and causes aggression, ding dong the balshy teenager....................chelate chelate chelate Mandi Jayne and I am :)

Mx

In a message dated 28/09/2010 11:47:58 GMT Daylight Time, moppett1@... writes:

This is a GOOD question. Sorry to go on about 'lead' but growth means high bone turnover and high bone turnover also liberates 'lead:-((

Guest guest

And release of toxins stored in fat, best to be cuddly I decided, easier too lol

Mandi x

In a message dated 28/09/2010 14:28:41 GMT Daylight Time, moppett1@... writes:

ALSO...not aimed at anyone in particular but losing weight means bone turnover so be careful!

Guest guest

And release of toxins stored in fat, best to be cuddly I decided, easier too lol

Mandi x

In a message dated 28/09/2010 14:28:41 GMT Daylight Time, moppett1@... writes:

ALSO...not aimed at anyone in particular but losing weight means bone turnover so be careful!

Guest guest

<<Is she growing fast at the moment>>This is a GOOD question. Sorry to go on about 'lead' but growth means high bone turnover and high bone turnover also liberates 'lead:-((From: Mum231ASD@... <Mum231ASD@...>Subject: Re: (unknown)Autism Treatment Date: Tuesday, 28 September, 2010, 11:44

Does he take Taurine and Magnesium? Google Taurine and seizures and same for Mag, you will get lots of hits.

Tracey has said her daughters seizures go up with new TST exercises and then get much better

Is she growing fast at the moment

Mandi x

In a message dated 28/09/2010 11:16:49 GMT Daylight Time, tahirasufi@... writes:

hi all, my son who is 6yrs has had myoclonic epilepsy since he was 1yr old after numerous tests lumbar puncture they classified it as idiopathic however i have always noticed the problems he has had in the gut issues like severe constipation. i have been doing some tst with him .T he neurologist put him on pryidoxal sulphate [ active form of vit 6] which helped his seizures in count number initially but although they are still less in number the seizures are recently becoming longer with his hands shaking and body stiffening so instead of him coming back almost immedialey he is taking 10 secs or so. can anyone advise what i should do, what can be the cause i am really upset seeing him have these stronger and lomnger seizures. i have talked to the doctor who says that if no benefit seen from th pyridoxal then take him off it so he will only be on kepra then. he has never had the prolonged seizures only has the quick jerk or at most the drop seizures. please let me know for anyone had similar experience to this thanks tahira

Guest guest

well i'm glad i've started chelating my 12yr old then with dmsa - he with the

tremor and full of lead....

emma

mum to 1 dd DCD, 2 ds with asd

>

> >>>yes indeedy, and causes aggression, ding dong the balshy

> teenager....................chelate chelate chelate Mandi Jayne and I am :)

>

> Mx

>

>

> In a message dated 28/09/2010 11:47:58 GMT Daylight Time,

> moppett1@... writes:

>

> This is a GOOD question. Sorry to go on about 'lead' but growth means high

> bone turnover and high bone turnover also liberates 'lead:-((

>

Guest guest

well i'm glad i've started chelating my 12yr old then with dmsa - he with the

tremor and full of lead....

emma

mum to 1 dd DCD, 2 ds with asd

>

> >>>yes indeedy, and causes aggression, ding dong the balshy

> teenager....................chelate chelate chelate Mandi Jayne and I am :)

>

> Mx

>

>

> In a message dated 28/09/2010 11:47:58 GMT Daylight Time,

> moppett1@... writes:

>

> This is a GOOD question. Sorry to go on about 'lead' but growth means high

> bone turnover and high bone turnover also liberates 'lead:-((

>