Guest guest

Chlorella is an algae, and you can buy it in tablet form, from most health

stores! :)

At 05:34 p.m. 4/02/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>I'm curious about the Chlorella - judging by the name is it have something

>to do with plants? Where can I get it?

Guest guest

Hello Yolanda!

My son, Jake (5), was just diagnosed this past fall. His symptoms started in one knee, but over the next month or two, they progressed to both knees, ankles, and hands. It got quite severe at at one point to where he couldn't even walk. The dr started him on naprosyn, but he was soon at the maximum dosage and still experiencing stiffness. The doctor then mentioned a clinical study for celebrex. I figured we had nothing to lose as we had to try something new - plus the side effects seemed minimal compared to some of the other possibilities. It has been Jake's miracle drug! We have shown absolutely no signs of JRA.

When winter hit, it was suggested that I invest in an electric blanket. I can't say if it was that or the Celebrex (or both), but we haven't had a bit of stiffness in the mornings which is when the symptoms were always at their worse. He also loves having a warm bed to get into!

This list has been a wonderful source of information. I hope you find the answers you are looking for and that your daughter soon becomes pain-free!

JanaSTOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*

Guest guest

Hi Yolanda,

My daughter started March 2002 with stiffness and pain in her fingers in both of her hands, and was put on Naprosyn (8ml. a day/twice a day). Pretty soon her fingers were so stiff and crooked (I thought the damage would be there forever) and very painful. She also started to use splints every night to make sure that she would have her wrists and fingers in a good position, and physio and o.t. daily. In a couple of months more joints added to these ones, as knees, wrists, ankles, toes and shoulder. Our rheumies discussed with us the alternative of starting on methotrexate, for the reasons that you may now have read in other posts, but particularly the prevention of joint damage issue, for us was very important. There's of course the chance of the side effects, which may or may not be present, and may be different from child to child. After carefully evaluating the risks vs. the benefits, our rheumies helped us out suggesting that the main issue was 's quality of life. You cannot tell as well that she has arthritis, and she practices karate, ice skating, ski and lately synchro swimming, and is full of energy, a real trooper, even at times she was really in pain, but tried hard to overcome her stiffness, and understood that motion will keep her joints active and less stiffed. After six months of her diagnosis, she was in perfect condition (only three months of methotrexate), pain free, splints free, even exercises free. She stills take her naprosyn in the same dosis and .4 mg of methotrexate, via injection, that I give her every week.

I know it's a tough decision, but even if you cannot see sometimes the arthritis acting, we have to understand that is a tricky chronic disease that maybe here to stay. I hope for that it may go away, but being realistic now I understand that instead of me trying to think it will dissappear for good, I live one day at a time, trying to help and be there for her, and make any disconfort be as easy as possible.

It's very important at this stage, to trust and feel confortable with your rheumy, and talk freely about your worries, doubts (you might want to write down every question that comes to your mind, so at the moment of your appointments you don't forget anything). They have the experience and expertize to suggest the different options there might be for your daughter.

Trust your heart, research as much as you can (luckily we have Georgina to do most of the job for us, lol), and I'm sure that things are going to look much clearer pretty soon.

Good luck,

(8) poly

(unknown)

Hello,My name is Yolanda Kimbro. My daughter, Nia, diagnosed with pauciarticular arthritis when she was 16 months old. She started having problems with her left knee. For a long time that was the only joint that was affected by JRA. We have been on Naprosyen for the past year and a half. Nia has also taken Prelone for several months. Right now she is only taking Naprosyen 10ml 3 times a day. Nia was weaned off the Prelone back in September. At a recent appointment with her rheumatologist we discovered that her right ankle, left elbow, and left shoulder her stiff. The doctor suggested that we increased the Naprosyen, (at the time she was taking 10ml twice a day), exercise the joints, and obsevere her for the next ten days. If she showed no improvement we were supposed to start the Prelone again. Fortunately she has shown improvement. I really hate to start the steroids again. The doctor also mentioned that we should consider Methotrexate. Of course I decided against the Methotrexate. The reason I decided against the Methotrexate is because Nia's arthritis is not that bad. She has not limited any of her physical activities due to arthritis. The cold weather months are sometime harsh. But other than that she does fine. No one can tell that Nia has arthritis.Is there anyone out there who has experieced this pattern of arthritis. I would love to communicate with someone who is experiencing some of the same symptoms. Will she ever outgrow the symptoms? Or will the progressively get worse?sincerly,yolandaTo leave this mailing list, send request to: -unsubscribe

Guest guest

No, I haven't had surgery. I recently found out that I had scoliosis last

year during a chest xray for work. I haven't seen a doctor yet about it

because it doesn't bother me at all, onlw when I get a massage or someone

touches it. Is it really necessary to see a doctor? My scoliosis is only a

mild form.

Guest guest

My back doesn't hurt when someone massages it or touches it. Actually,

it's a nice pain, not the kind you are talking about. I believe

something may be wrong with your back and that you may want to see an MD

about it.

--

Lana

---------------------------------

>RETURN MEMORIAL DAY TO MAY 30TH<

Guest guest

Dear Dave, what you said to Carol about dislodged hardware, etc. is

exactly what I was thinking. Anyway, because I didn't know for sure, I

advised her to see a doctor. You said what was on my mind, though, and

I thank you for that.

--

Lana

>RETURN MEMORIAL DAY TO MAY 30TH<

Guest guest

Roline...

You'll need to describe the pain. Does it hurt when it's touched

lightly, or does it feel more like a bruise? Is it the entire spine, or

just a small section that hurts?

--

Guest guest

Hi Pip

CALL 01506 848555 (EDINBURGH) TO ORDER!

Red ears is often associated with phenol reaction - there is info on Dana's

site

www.danasview.net

Look under comphrehensive Parent info, diets and look for Phenol page - I

having trouble at the moment or I find full link for you

Good Luck

Mandi in Uk (Dorset)

> I have posted a few times and have now decided to try enzymes on my 2

> 1/2 yr old son and have a few questions:

>

> my son gets really red cheeks some days and not others and I can find

> no link to what hes eating, also his ears are red and hot every night

> after his bath, any ideas?

>

> I live in the UK and seem to remember reading that you could get

> Houston Enzymes here?

>

> Many thanks

>

> PipXX

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

One of the most well written-- readable from front to cover and insightful

and poetic-- books on Traditional Chinese Medicine, for the layperson, is

called " Between Heaven and Earth " -- easy to find. Check on

www.redwingbooks.com-- and also under their section of TCM theory... for a

book on tongue diagnosis. For lots of fun info go to

chinesemedicinesampler.com and gancao.net. Best thing to do, according to

TCM, is not to get too fanatical about trying to diagnose and treat oneself--

(it seems silly to us, with all of our health store 'remedies' , hence a

BOOMING supplements industry-- ) It is all so interesing and I've certainly

indulged,, but without a respectable doctor to 'piece together' a very

personal assessment (No two candida patients will look the same according to

TCM and will still-- fundamental to it's theory-- treat the indivudual, not

the disease. I've finally decided to direct my resources to seeing an

acupunturist every week (only 3 so far)-- I trust her COMPLETELY. Even SHE

doesn't treat herself beyond what her personal practitioner prescribes.

Sometimes, east meets west and wisdoms join in theory: For parasites

(Candida) TCM Diet recommends a meat and vegetables diet (completely sugar

and starch free-- and I'm fairly certain that includes dairy-as-we-know-it,

but not positive.) I'm on the 'long/slow' approach because I tend toward

fatigue and depletion and need to 'build energy' before purging my system.

I've been dealing with this for a long time...

Hope you find some more good info-- and most importantly,, GOOD HEALTH!

D

Guest guest

Cheryl,

I am in northeast Georgia but try calling FODAC (Friends of Disabled Adults

and Children, Too!). Their number is (770) 491-9014. Their website address

is http://www.fodac.org. If you go there, you can click on Vehicle Trader,

and Used Cars from FODAC. They primarily work with getting donated

wheelchairs to people, but they do some of this too. Although they are

located in Stone Mountain, they might be able to point you to someone down

your way. Take care!

Be blessed,

Holly

(unknown)

> hi all,

> i hope somebody can help.....i live is southern Georgia and am in

desperate

> need of a van with a lift on it. the one i have now, the lift is broken

and

> i haven't been able to find anyone in this area that works on them. any

> suggestions?

>

> Cheryl

>

>

Guest guest

I don't know much if anything about antitrust, but I can't imagine there is anything illegal about getting together and discussing a contract in a competitive market. This is not price fixing. I think this is probably empty rhetoric on AHSN's part.

D Freeman Mailing address: 2480 Liberty Street NE, Suite 180Salem, Oregon 97303ph 503 763-3528fax 503 763-3530cell 503 871-0715

-----Original Message-----From: BRIAN SEITZ [mailto:dcdocbrian@...]Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 11:32 AM Subject: (unknown)

Mike and all:

They were adressing the 2/2/03 WSCC meeting in which AHSN concerns were aired. I did not attend so I am unaware of the specifics of the meeting, but the threat from AHSN was that any group who got together and organized a mass boycott would be guilty of "...a serious violation of anti-trust laws. We encourage you to consider any actions you may take in response to this recent meeting with great care."

Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians

730-D SE Oak St

Hillsboro, OR 97123

(503)640-3724

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. OregonDCs rules:1. Keep correspondence professional; the purpose of the listserve is to foster communication and collegiality. No personal attacks on listserve members will be tolerated.2. Always sign your e-mails with your first and last name.3. The listserve is not secure; your e-mail could end up anywhere. However, it is against the rules of the listserve to copy, print, forward, or otherwise distribute correspondence written by another member without his or her consent, unless all personal identifiers have been removed.

Guest guest

I believe is right, they are using scare tactics to keep us from getting together to discuss just how crappy their reimbursement is. This kind of behavior is exactly why I have chosen to stay away from ASHN.

I fear for those of you that have chosen to sign with them, this is only the beginning and you may want to use this opportunity to say Bye-Bye!

DR. COBY L. HANES991 NE THIRD STREETPRINEVILLE, OR 97754voice: 541.447.7230fax: 541.447.5775dochanes@...

-----Original Message-----From: Dr. Freeman [mailto:drmfreeman@...] Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 11:45 AM Subject: RE: (unknown)

I don't know much if anything about antitrust, but I can't imagine there is anything illegal about getting together and discussing a contract in a competitive market. This is not price fixing. I think this is probably empty rhetoric on AHSN's part.

D Freeman Mailing address: 2480 Liberty Street NE, Suite 180Salem, Oregon 97303ph 503 763-3528fax 503 763-3530cell 503 871-0715

-----Original Message-----From: BRIAN SEITZ [mailto:dcdocbrian@...]Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 11:32 AM Subject: (unknown)

Mike and all:

They were adressing the 2/2/03 WSCC meeting in which AHSN concerns were aired. I did not attend so I am unaware of the specifics of the meeting, but the threat from AHSN was that any group who got together and organized a mass boycott would be guilty of "...a serious violation of anti-trust laws. We encourage you to consider any actions you may take in response to this recent meeting with great care."

730-D SE Oak St

Hillsboro, OR 97123

(503)640-3724

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. OregonDCs rules:1. Keep correspondence professional; the purpose of the listserve is to foster communication and collegiality. No personal attacks on listserve members will be tolerated.2. Always sign your e-mails with your first and last name.3. The listserve is not secure; your e-mail could end up anywhere. However, it is against the rules of the listserve to copy, print, forward, or otherwise distribute correspondence written by another member without his or her consent, unless all personal identifiers have been removed.

Guest guest

The only anti-trust issue here is the lack of trust of ASHN.... Were they not originally ACN, a group with endless forms to beg for care? I though they were from Minnisota and started by DC,s. They should be ashamed........

P. Thille, D.C., FACORedmond, Oregon

(unknown)

Mike and all:

730-D SE Oak St

Hillsboro, OR 97123

(503)640-3724

Guest guest

Hi, I have read most of a book he co-authored regarding his experience with

cancer and homeopathics. It is quite interesting...not reliable in every case,

however. I was told that if you do a search on his last name on the internet you

should be able to found out about the book and how to order it. I was lent it

by a freind and do not have it in my possesion anymore.

Good Luck!

M O'Donovan <modono5@...> wrote:

Hello

I'm interested in making contact with anyone who might know anything of Dr

Ramakrishnan - an indian homeopath who claims to have successfully cured

cancers/brain tumors, etc.

Also interested in anyone who has tried the Budwig diet

regard

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

Guest guest

You can buy whole wheat pasta. I also use high

protein pasta.....it has twenty eight grams of protein

per serving and ten carbs.

C

Guest guest

Thanks

[ ] (unknown)

WOW! I opened my mail box this morning and had 105 mails!!! 103 were all about this pot controversy. Although I've rarely posted, I've always enjoyed this site because of the controversy but also because of the excellent posts on alternative vs pharmacuetical tx. I have laughed at many of the posts and I have cried at my own feelings of impotence when dealing with this disease. But, 103 posts on POT! I've tried many of the suggestions that have been posted here; some with positive results, some with disastrous results. But, I am always searching and it's what this site has taught me that has helped me maintain what little sanity and physical well being I have left. I believe that everyone is entitled to there own opinions. But, can you please help me get back to the process of healing? Thank you all so much for being there and for being who you are.

Guest guest

People are not entitled to false opinions regarding advocationg giving someone harmful drugs. This is serious business. People can and do get cancer from smkoing marijuana.

[ ] (unknown)

WOW! I opened my mail box this morning and had 105 mails!!! 103 were all about this pot controversy. Although I've rarely posted, I've always enjoyed this site because of the controversy but also because of the excellent posts on alternative vs pharmacuetical tx. I have laughed at many of the posts and I have cried at my own feelings of impotence when dealing with this disease. But, 103 posts on POT! I've tried many of the suggestions that have been posted here; some with positive results, some with disastrous results. But, I am always searching and it's what this site has taught me that has helped me maintain what little sanity and physical well being I have left. I believe that everyone is entitled to there own opinions. But, can you please help me get back to the process of healing? Thank you all so much for being there and for being who you are.

Guest guest

Your welcome dope pusher. How many kids died in car accidents because morons like you say ganja is good? Plenty ... you've got blood on your hands and a messed up mind to boot. Get sober and get treatment.

[ ] (unknown)

Guest guest

what, no spell check today, dork? Too busy being offensive to even pretend intelligence--that is, with the aid of your 'puter?

[ ] (unknown)

Guest guest

liarpharmpig

[ ] (unknown)

Guest guest

Heidi,

My Mom always reminded that babies were love made visible. I didn't know

what she meant until I was pregnant. Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy it

is one of God's greatest miracles. All babies are special, but when you go

thru the ups and downs

that other couples take for granted, these babies are all the more special!

Nothing compares to carrying a new life in your body and then holding it

close to your breast I still yearn to hold a newborn baby close to my breast

to feel that sweet breath and look into their bright eyes and wonder what

will become of this person.

Enjoy this most precious gift from God. I know all of us are doing our part

and keeping you all in our prayers.

Take good care of yourself and that precious cargo you are carrying!

Gentle, tender, new baby angel hugs,

Debs

Guest guest

Aww, the poor hippie got her feelings hurt ... the Celestial Spirit (is that the one you see after taking some drugs).

Tsk, tsk.

Assholes like you, pushing harmful drugs on sick people, belong in jail.

[ ] (unknown)

Guest guest

Hmmmmmm. I don't push drugs and never have. Now you slander...... But I DO think you have a crush on me, . You keep on answering my every post, so it's obvious you must be in love with me. Will you be my boyfriend? You and I get along much better than the one I've got now...Only problem is, how do I get you off that computer to sit down and smoke a joint with me?. he-he-he-he-he-he-he-he-he-he-he LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

[ ] (unknown)

Guest guest

These Challenges still face the recently diagnosed in 2003.

A diagnosis of Hepatitis C often brings shock, confusion and

indecision to those who learn of it, and may have suspected nothing.

Questions abound. Should I accept treatment if it is offered? Should I

wait? Why does my Province offer to pay for treatment. What are the

consequences of treating now or waiting? Should I just try to live

with it? What might be the results or consequences of either decision?

Can I pass this on to my wife or husband, children, or family? If so,

how and how may I reduce the risks of it? What is the probable outcome

for me and/or my loved ones? Can the disease be cured? Can liver

damage be repaired or reversed? Can symptoms be relieved? What are the

treatments like? Are there side effects? Are the side effect risks

worth possible benefits? Who is likely to benefit from treatment? Who

may be harmed by treatments? What are my treatment options? Should I

use alternative or complimentary treatments, and if so, along with

standard treatments or in place of them? Where can I go for reliable

information?

Keep in mind the percentages of people who cleared the virus using a

placebo during stage II and III trials. Schering does not wish this

info to become public domain. The mind can often do the impossible and

much research should be put into why these people and many children

have cleared the virus with no help from Pharmco's.

Lastly, please encourage as when he is posting he is not out

abusing his fellow citizens. Thus you have done your good deed for the

day. Maybe saved someones life. Just think of all the situations where

we have run into the 's of this world during our daily routine.

Driving, at a supermarket or anywhere where yould expect common

civility toward your fellow man, people like are there to shaw

us the light. For that we should be grateful.

Andy

----- Original Message -----

> Aww, the poor hippie got her feelings hurt ... the Celestial Spirit

(is that the one you see after taking some drugs).

>

>

>

> Assholes like you, pushing harmful drugs on sick people, belong in jail.

>

> People are not entitled to false opinions regarding advocationg

giving someone harmful drugs. This is serious business. People can and

do get cancer from smkoing marijuana.

>

>

>

>