Rate this topic

Guest guest

:

Here is the North Carolina law regarding exemptions to vaccination:

GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA

1989 SESSION

CHAPTER 122

SENATE BILL 416

AN ACT TO CLARIFY THE MEDICAL CONTRAINDICATIONS TO STATE-MANDATED IMMUNIZATIONS.

Section 1. G.S. 130A-156 reads as rewritten:

"§ 130A-156. Medical exemption.

The Commission for Health Services shall adopt by rule a list of medical contraindications to immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152. If a physician licensed to practice medicine in this State certifies a required immunization is or may be detrimental to a person's health due to the presence of one of the contraindications listed by the Commission, the person is not required to receive the specified immunization as long as the contraindication persists. The State Health Director may, upon request by a physician licensed to practice medicine in this State, grant a medical exemption to a required immunization for a contraindication not on the list adopted by the Commission."

Sec. 2. This act shall become effective February 1, 1990, except that the Commission for Health Services shall, upon ratification of this act, adopt rules to implement this act, which rules shall become effective February 1, 1990.

In the General Assembly read three times and ratified this the 23rd day of May, 1989.

http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/SessionLaws/HTML/1989-1990/SL1989-122.html

130A‑157. Religious exemption.

If the bona fide religious beliefs of an adult or the parent, guardian or person in loco parentis of a child are contrary to the immunization requirements contained in this Chapter, the adult or the child shall be exempt from the requirements. Upon submission of a written statement of the bona fide religious beliefs and opposition to the immunization requirements, the person may attend the college, university, school or facility without presenting a certificate of immunization. (1957, c. 1357, s. 1; 1959, c. 177; 1965, c. 652; 1971, c. 191; 1979, c. 56, s. 1; 1983, c. 891, s. 2; 1985, c. 692, s. 2; 2002‑179, s. 17.)

Here is a sample religious exemption form:

Affidavit of Religious Belief

State of North Carolina

COUNTY

(I) (We) (am) (are) the {parent(s)} {legal guardian(s)} of (Name of Child) born on (mm/dd/yyyy).

(I) (We) hereby (swear) (affirm) that (I) (we) subscribe to a belief in a relation to a Supreme Being involving duties superior to those arising from any human relation.

(I) (We) further (swear) (affirm) that our belief is sincere and meaningful and occupies a place in (my) (our) life parallel to that filled by the orthodox belief in God.

This belief is not a political sociological or philosophical view of a merely personal moral code.

This belief causes (me) (us) to exempt from the mandatory school vaccination program for (Name of Child).

Printed Name of Parent (s) or Guardian (s)

Signature of Parent (s) or Guardian (s)

SWORN TO AND SUBSCRIBED before me, a registered Notary Public, this day of

, 20 .

(Seal)

Notary Public

My Commission Expires:

The only thing you have to say when a pediatrician, school official, etc. asks if your child is up to date on their immunization schedule is "my child is exempt" and show them the form. If they continue to dig and dig, just keep saying "my child is exempt" and contiue to reference to the religious exemption form.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Todd M. Elsner1105 Chesapeake DriveMansfield, TX 76063PHONE: 817-657-5910FAX: 682-518-7563

From: <wcjslee@...>Subject: religious standings?no-forced-vaccination Date: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 2:57 PM

I have been doing some research on opting out of vaccines for my 2 month old daughter, who is schedualed to get the DTaP shot tomorrow. From what I can find out, NC law does not allow parents to opt out of vaccines based on philisophocal reasons, only medical and religous. I don't want her to get the Diptheria or Tiphiod shot, onlt the Pertussis shot. (I don't want the cocktail). If I pick and choose the vaccines she gets, will I still be able to-well let's face it, I'll be lying-to the school system about opting out based on religious reasons?Thanks! L.

Guest guest

:

Here is the North Carolina law regarding exemptions to vaccination:

GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA

1989 SESSION

CHAPTER 122

SENATE BILL 416

AN ACT TO CLARIFY THE MEDICAL CONTRAINDICATIONS TO STATE-MANDATED IMMUNIZATIONS.

Section 1. G.S. 130A-156 reads as rewritten:

"§ 130A-156. Medical exemption.

The Commission for Health Services shall adopt by rule a list of medical contraindications to immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152. If a physician licensed to practice medicine in this State certifies a required immunization is or may be detrimental to a person's health due to the presence of one of the contraindications listed by the Commission, the person is not required to receive the specified immunization as long as the contraindication persists. The State Health Director may, upon request by a physician licensed to practice medicine in this State, grant a medical exemption to a required immunization for a contraindication not on the list adopted by the Commission."

Sec. 2. This act shall become effective February 1, 1990, except that the Commission for Health Services shall, upon ratification of this act, adopt rules to implement this act, which rules shall become effective February 1, 1990.

In the General Assembly read three times and ratified this the 23rd day of May, 1989.

http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/SessionLaws/HTML/1989-1990/SL1989-122.html

130A‑157. Religious exemption.

If the bona fide religious beliefs of an adult or the parent, guardian or person in loco parentis of a child are contrary to the immunization requirements contained in this Chapter, the adult or the child shall be exempt from the requirements. Upon submission of a written statement of the bona fide religious beliefs and opposition to the immunization requirements, the person may attend the college, university, school or facility without presenting a certificate of immunization. (1957, c. 1357, s. 1; 1959, c. 177; 1965, c. 652; 1971, c. 191; 1979, c. 56, s. 1; 1983, c. 891, s. 2; 1985, c. 692, s. 2; 2002‑179, s. 17.)

Here is a sample religious exemption form:

Affidavit of Religious Belief

State of North Carolina

COUNTY

(I) (We) (am) (are) the {parent(s)} {legal guardian(s)} of (Name of Child) born on (mm/dd/yyyy).

(I) (We) hereby (swear) (affirm) that (I) (we) subscribe to a belief in a relation to a Supreme Being involving duties superior to those arising from any human relation.

(I) (We) further (swear) (affirm) that our belief is sincere and meaningful and occupies a place in (my) (our) life parallel to that filled by the orthodox belief in God.

This belief is not a political sociological or philosophical view of a merely personal moral code.

This belief causes (me) (us) to exempt from the mandatory school vaccination program for (Name of Child).

Printed Name of Parent (s) or Guardian (s)

Signature of Parent (s) or Guardian (s)

SWORN TO AND SUBSCRIBED before me, a registered Notary Public, this day of

, 20 .

(Seal)

Notary Public

My Commission Expires:

The only thing you have to say when a pediatrician, school official, etc. asks if your child is up to date on their immunization schedule is "my child is exempt" and show them the form. If they continue to dig and dig, just keep saying "my child is exempt" and contiue to reference to the religious exemption form.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Todd M. Elsner1105 Chesapeake DriveMansfield, TX 76063PHONE: 817-657-5910FAX: 682-518-7563

From: <wcjslee@...>Subject: religious standings?no-forced-vaccination Date: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 2:57 PM

I have been doing some research on opting out of vaccines for my 2 month old daughter, who is schedualed to get the DTaP shot tomorrow. From what I can find out, NC law does not allow parents to opt out of vaccines based on philisophocal reasons, only medical and religous. I don't want her to get the Diptheria or Tiphiod shot, onlt the Pertussis shot. (I don't want the cocktail). If I pick and choose the vaccines she gets, will I still be able to-well let's face it, I'll be lying-to the school system about opting out based on religious reasons?Thanks! L.

Guest guest

Hullo . I am afraid you will put yourself and daughter in jeopardy, if you dont claim a religious exemption for all vaccines. For medical, you will need a doctor's note and a reason for not vaccinating, adverse affect from previous vaccines, adverse affect of others in the family, or any health disorders indicating vaccines should not be given, and miocondrial condition should be tested for. And even then, nobody knows who or how badly vaccines can maim and kill. You wouldnt be able to get these test results by tomorrow. With religious exemption, it is all or nothing, whether you feel you are lying or not. That is All you have right now, so you have to play their silly little games. Sure, you can pick and chose now, but when she goes to school, she will be mandate to have ALL the shots in short order, to catch up,(Hannah ing case scenario) and be fully vaccinated, according

to the CDC schedule for school children. Why in the heck would you want any vaccinations? Why would you pick a pertussis vaccine over any other, well known to cause neurological events. [A little horse, pig or sheep!] NO single pertussis vaccine-only is available. What is your thought process there? Pertussis/whooping cough, if your child is in the rarer percentage of getting it, is pretty treatable with antibiotics. It is more likely they would Catch pertussis FROM the vaccine, than in the wild. And this would happen a few minutes ... to 10 days after the jab. Any thought Prevention would come 3 weeks later. This is especially one of those diseases one has to decide if the vaccine is potential worse than the disease itself. Do you want to take that risk? You have less than one day to decide. Make your decision the right one ~

saving one child at a time ~ namely Your Own Child. Use the religious exemption, and dont let anybody force any toxin into your child's body, Ever. Look up your state religious exemption, print it out, date it, sign it, take it with you to the doctor, and put it in her permanent record. The best vaccine is No vaccine. period! Glad Day ~ Karla in IL http://whale.to/a/pdf/geier.pdf http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/dptdtap.htm http://www.909shot.com/Diseases/whooping.htm

Guest guest

Hullo . I am afraid you will put yourself and daughter in jeopardy, if you dont claim a religious exemption for all vaccines. For medical, you will need a doctor's note and a reason for not vaccinating, adverse affect from previous vaccines, adverse affect of others in the family, or any health disorders indicating vaccines should not be given, and miocondrial condition should be tested for. And even then, nobody knows who or how badly vaccines can maim and kill. You wouldnt be able to get these test results by tomorrow. With religious exemption, it is all or nothing, whether you feel you are lying or not. That is All you have right now, so you have to play their silly little games. Sure, you can pick and chose now, but when she goes to school, she will be mandate to have ALL the shots in short order, to catch up,(Hannah ing case scenario) and be fully vaccinated, according

to the CDC schedule for school children. Why in the heck would you want any vaccinations? Why would you pick a pertussis vaccine over any other, well known to cause neurological events. [A little horse, pig or sheep!] NO single pertussis vaccine-only is available. What is your thought process there? Pertussis/whooping cough, if your child is in the rarer percentage of getting it, is pretty treatable with antibiotics. It is more likely they would Catch pertussis FROM the vaccine, than in the wild. And this would happen a few minutes ... to 10 days after the jab. Any thought Prevention would come 3 weeks later. This is especially one of those diseases one has to decide if the vaccine is potential worse than the disease itself. Do you want to take that risk? You have less than one day to decide. Make your decision the right one ~

saving one child at a time ~ namely Your Own Child. Use the religious exemption, and dont let anybody force any toxin into your child's body, Ever. Look up your state religious exemption, print it out, date it, sign it, take it with you to the doctor, and put it in her permanent record. The best vaccine is No vaccine. period! Glad Day ~ Karla in IL http://whale.to/a/pdf/geier.pdf http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/dptdtap.htm http://www.909shot.com/Diseases/whooping.htm

Guest guest

Please know that they believe it was the DTaP shot my daughter had a reaction too. She almost died from it. I had my heart in my throat when I read your post. Please take the religious exemption. Di d you see my post on i think it was doctor question. My name is angela or email mygenerationrescue@...

You can find me on myspace at myspace.com/preventvaccineinjury

From: <wcjslee@...>Subject: religious standings?no-forced-vaccination Date: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 7:57 PM

Guest guest

Please know that they believe it was the DTaP shot my daughter had a reaction too. She almost died from it. I had my heart in my throat when I read your post. Please take the religious exemption. Di d you see my post on i think it was doctor question. My name is angela or email mygenerationrescue@...

You can find me on myspace at myspace.com/preventvaccineinjury

From: <wcjslee@...>Subject: religious standings?no-forced-vaccination Date: Sunday, June 8, 2008, 7:57 PM

Guest guest

I believe in the last Pertussis outbreak in Washington state 80% of the hospitalized children had their shot PLUS all the boosters. Kirkkarla walsh <faerie1952@...> wrote: Hullo . I am afraid you will put yourself and daughter in jeopardy, if you dont claim a religious exemption for all vaccines. For medical, you will need a doctor's note and a reason for not vaccinating, adverse affect from previous vaccines, adverse affect of others in the family, or any health disorders indicating vaccines

should not be given, and miocondrial condition should be tested for. And even then, nobody knows who or how badly vaccines can maim and kill. You wouldnt be able to get these test results by tomorrow. With religious exemption, it is all or nothing, whether you feel you are lying or not. That is All you have right now, so you have to play their silly little games. Sure, you can pick and chose now, but when she goes to school, she will be mandate to have ALL the shots in short order, to catch up,(Hannah ing case scenario) and be fully vaccinated, according to the CDC schedule for school children. Why in the heck would you want any vaccinations? Why would you pick a pertussis vaccine over any other, well known to cause neurological events. [A little horse, pig or sheep!] NO single pertussis vaccine-only is

available. What is your thought process there? Pertussis/whooping cough, if your child is in the rarer percentage of getting it, is pretty treatable with antibiotics. It is more likely they would Catch pertussis FROM the vaccine, than in the wild. And this would happen a few minutes ... to 10 days after the jab. Any thought Prevention would come 3 weeks later. This is especially one of those diseases one has to decide if the vaccine is potential worse than the disease itself. Do you want to take that risk? You have less than one day to decide. Make your decision the right one ~ saving one child at a time ~ namely Your Own Child. Use the religious exemption, and dont let anybody force any toxin into your child's body, Ever. Look up your state religious exemption, print it out, date it, sign it, take it with you to the doctor, and put it in her permanent record. The best vaccine

is No vaccine. period! Glad Day ~ Karla in IL http://whale.to/a/pdf/geier.pdf http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/dptdtap.htm http://www.909shot.com/Diseases/whooping.htm

Guest guest

I believe in the last Pertussis outbreak in Washington state 80% of the hospitalized children had their shot PLUS all the boosters. Kirkkarla walsh <faerie1952@...> wrote: Hullo . I am afraid you will put yourself and daughter in jeopardy, if you dont claim a religious exemption for all vaccines. For medical, you will need a doctor's note and a reason for not vaccinating, adverse affect from previous vaccines, adverse affect of others in the family, or any health disorders indicating vaccines

should not be given, and miocondrial condition should be tested for. And even then, nobody knows who or how badly vaccines can maim and kill. You wouldnt be able to get these test results by tomorrow. With religious exemption, it is all or nothing, whether you feel you are lying or not. That is All you have right now, so you have to play their silly little games. Sure, you can pick and chose now, but when she goes to school, she will be mandate to have ALL the shots in short order, to catch up,(Hannah ing case scenario) and be fully vaccinated, according to the CDC schedule for school children. Why in the heck would you want any vaccinations? Why would you pick a pertussis vaccine over any other, well known to cause neurological events. [A little horse, pig or sheep!] NO single pertussis vaccine-only is

available. What is your thought process there? Pertussis/whooping cough, if your child is in the rarer percentage of getting it, is pretty treatable with antibiotics. It is more likely they would Catch pertussis FROM the vaccine, than in the wild. And this would happen a few minutes ... to 10 days after the jab. Any thought Prevention would come 3 weeks later. This is especially one of those diseases one has to decide if the vaccine is potential worse than the disease itself. Do you want to take that risk? You have less than one day to decide. Make your decision the right one ~ saving one child at a time ~ namely Your Own Child. Use the religious exemption, and dont let anybody force any toxin into your child's body, Ever. Look up your state religious exemption, print it out, date it, sign it, take it with you to the doctor, and put it in her permanent record. The best vaccine

is No vaccine. period! Glad Day ~ Karla in IL http://whale.to/a/pdf/geier.pdf http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/dptdtap.htm http://www.909shot.com/Diseases/whooping.htm

Guest guest

I implore you to PLEASE, PLEASE delay this vaccination until you've

had time to research the Pertussis vaccine further. DTaP, and

particularly the " P " part of the DTaP is the single vaccine that

scares me more than any other -- although they ALL scare me! It has

been associated with many, many deaths, especially when given in

infancy. I would like to send you information, but fear you do not

have time to read it before your appointment. I urge you, BEG you, to

delay this vaccine for now - you can always vaccinate later, but you

can NEVER take back a vaccine once it's been administered. I will be

following up this email with some information for you.

Sincerely,

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 1:57 PM, <wcjslee@...> wrote:

> I have been doing some research on opting out of vaccines for my 2

> month old daughter, who is schedualed to get the DTaP shot tomorrow.

> From what I can find out, NC law does not allow parents to opt out of

> vaccines based on philisophocal reasons, only medical and religous.

> I don't want her to get the Diptheria or Tiphiod shot, onlt the

> Pertussis shot. (I don't want the cocktail). If I pick and choose the

> vaccines she gets, will I still be able to-well let's face it, I'll be

> lying-to the school system about opting out based on religious reasons?

> Thanks!

> L.

Guest guest

I implore you to PLEASE, PLEASE delay this vaccination until you've

had time to research the Pertussis vaccine further. DTaP, and

particularly the " P " part of the DTaP is the single vaccine that

scares me more than any other -- although they ALL scare me! It has

been associated with many, many deaths, especially when given in

infancy. I would like to send you information, but fear you do not

have time to read it before your appointment. I urge you, BEG you, to

delay this vaccine for now - you can always vaccinate later, but you

can NEVER take back a vaccine once it's been administered. I will be

following up this email with some information for you.

Sincerely,

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 1:57 PM, <wcjslee@...> wrote:

> vaccines she gets, will I still be able to-well let's face it, I'll be

> lying-to the school system about opting out based on religious reasons?

> Thanks!

> L.

Guest guest

> From what I can find out, NC law does not allow parents to opt out of > vaccines based on philisophocal reasons, only medical and religous. > L.

Hi ,

I am writing to make a couple of suggestions to you.

First I would cancel your daughters appt. tomorrow so that you can have more time to research and make your decision, you can always reschedule. The thing that you do not want to do is be forced to give her the vaccine and then regret it later.

Second, after you cancel your appt. find a pediatration that is ok with not vaccinating or delayed vaccinating, they are out there. A great resourse is The Holistic Moms Network, you could probably contact a leader from a chapter in your area and they could ask around for you about who other people use for their ped's and also what other people have done about not vaccinating.

Third, I was looking over the requirements for NC and while it says bona fide religious beliefs of the parent or guardian must be contrary to the immunization requirements, it does not say that you have to be a member of a specific religion that is against immunizing. That to me means that you just have to say that your religious/spiritual beliefs will not allow you to immunize. Do not say that it is a personal belief but that your spiritual beliefs that your daughter was "created" , "made" the way she is and was not meant to be injected with man-made chemicals. As far as I have been told in all of my research they really have no way to check if you are a member of an organized religion anyway.

Below, I have posted the information from the NVIC sight for you to look at if you haven't already.

Good luck in your decision and just remember she is your baby and you are doing what you feel is best for her.

NORTH CAROLINA

Current as of 2006

Quick Fact:

If the bona fide religious beliefs of an adult or the parent, guardian or person in loco parentis of a child are contrary to the immunization requirements, the adult or the child shall be exempt from the requirements. Upon submission of a written statement of the bona fide religious beliefs and opposition to the immunization requirements, the person may attend the college, university, school or facility without presenting a certificate of immunization. No child shall be exempt from the requirements of immunizations for the case of a personal belief or philosophy of a parent or guardian not founded upon a religious belief.

Other Resources:

People Advocating Vaccine Education: www.vaccineeducation.com

State of North Carolina - Division of Public Health: http://wch.dhhs.state.nc.us

State of North Carolina Legislature: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/

State of North Carolina Immunization Requirements for Child Care: http://www.immunizenc.com/ChildCares.htm#reqmts

State of North Carolina Immunization Requirements for School Entry: http://www.immunizenc.com/SchoolReqs.htm

State of North Carolina Immunization Requirements for Colleges/Universities: http://www.immunizenc.com/college.htm

Back to Exemptions Main Page - All States

CHAPTER 130A. PUBLIC HEALTH ARTICLE 6. COMMUNICABLE DISEASES PART 2. IMMUNIZATION

N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-152 (2006)

§ 130A-152. Immunization required

(a) Every child present in this State shall be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, poliomyelitis, red measles (rubeola) and rubella. In addition, every child present in this State shall be immunized against any other disease upon a determination by the Commission that the immunization is in the interest of the public health. Every parent, guardian, person in loco parentis and person or agency, whether governmental or private, with legal custody of a child shall have the responsibility to ensure that the child has received the required immunization at the age required by the Commission. If a child has not received the required immunizations by the specified age, the responsible person shall obtain the required immunization for the child as soon as possible after the lack of the required immunization is determined.

(B) Repealed by Session Laws 2002-179, s. 10, effective October 1, 2002.

© The Commission shall adopt and the Department shall enforce rules concerning the implementation of the immunization program. The rules shall provide for:

(1) The child's age at administration of each vaccine; (2) The number of doses of each vaccine; (3) Exemptions from the immunization requirements where medical practice suggests that immunization would not be in the best health interests of a specific category of children; (4) The procedures and practices for administering the vaccine; and (5) Redistribution of vaccines provided to local health departments.

(c1) The Commission for Health Services shall, pursuant to G.S. 130A-152 and G.S. 130A-433, adopt rules establishing reasonable fees for the administration of vaccines and rules limiting the requirements that can be placed on children, their parents, guardians, or custodians as a condition for receiving vaccines provided by the State. These rules shall become effective January 1, 1994.

(d) Only vaccine preparations which meet the standards of the United States Food and Drug Administration or its successor in licensing vaccines and are approved for use by the Commission may be used.

(e) When the Commission requires immunization against a disease not listed in paragraph (a) of this section, or requires an additional dose of a vaccine, the Commission is authorized to exempt from the new requirement children who are or who have been enrolled in school (K-12) on or before the effective date of the new requirement.

N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-155 (2006)

§ 130A-155. Submission of certificate to child care facility, preschool andschool authorities; record maintenance; reporting.

(a) No child shall attend a school (pre K-12), whether public, private or religious, a child care facility as defined in G.S. 110-86(3), unless a certificate of immunization indicating that the child has received the immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152 is presented to the school or facility. The parent, guardian, or responsible person must present a certificate of immunization on the child's first day of attendance to the principal of the school or operator of the facility, as defined in G.S. 110-86(7). If a certificate of immunization is not presented on the first day, the principal or operator shall present a notice of deficiency to the parent, guardian or responsible person. The parent, guardian or responsible person shall have 30 calendar days from the first day of attendance to obtain the required immunization for the child. If the administration of vaccine in a series of doses given at medically approved intervals requires a period in excess of 30 calendar days, additional days upon certification by a physician may be allowed to obtain the required immunization. Upon termination of 30 calendar days or the extended period, the principal or operator shall not permit the child to attend the school or facility unless the required immunization has been obtained.

(B) The school or child care facility shall maintain on file immunization records for all children attending the school or facility which contain the information required for a certificate of immunization as specified in G.S. 130A-154. These certificates shall be open to inspection by the Department and the local health department during normal business hours. When a child transfers to another school or facility, the school or facility which the child previously attended shall, upon request, send a copy of the child's immunization record at no charge to the school or facility to which the child has transferred.

© Within 60 calendar days after the commencement of a new school year, the school shall file an immunization report with the Department. The child care facility shall file an immunization report annually with the Department. The report shall be filed on forms prepared by the Department and shall state the number of children attending the school or facility, the number of children who had not obtained the required immunization within 30 days of their first attendance, the number of children who received a medical exemption and the number of children who received a religious exemption.

(d) Any adult who attends school (pre K-12), whether public, private or religious, shall obtain the immunizations required in G.S. 130A-152 and shall present to the school a certificate in accordance with this section. The physician or local health department administering a required vaccine to the adult shall give a certificate of immunization to the person. The certificate shall state the person's name, address, date of birth and sex; the number of doses of the vaccine given; the date the doses were given; the name and addresses of the physician or local health department administering the required immunization; and other relevant information required by the Commission.

N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-155.1 (2006)

§ 130A-155.1. Submission of certificate to college or universities.

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, no person shall attend a college or university, whether public, private, or religious, unless a certificate of immunization or a record of immunization from a high school located in North Carolina indicating that the person has received immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152 is presented to the college or university. This section shall not apply to educational institutions established under Chapter 115D of the General Statutes, or to students registering only in off-campus courses, or to students attending night or weekend classes only, or to students taking a course load of four credit hours or less and residing off campus. The person shall present a certificate or record of immunization on or before the date the person first registers for a quarter or semester during which the student will reside on the campus or first registers for more than four credit hours to the registrar of the college or university. If a certificate or record of immunization is not in the possession of the college or university on the date of first registration, the college or university shall present a notice of deficiency to the person. The person shall have 30 calendar days from the date of the person's first registration to obtain the required immunization. If immunization requires a series of doses and the period necessary to give the vaccine at standard intervals extends beyond the date of the first registration, the student shall be allowed to attend the college or university upon written certification by a physician that the standard series is in progress. The physician shall state the time period needed to complete the series. Upon termination of this time period, the college or university shall not permit the person to continue in attendance unless the required immunization has been obtained.

(B) The college or university shall maintain on file immunization records for all persons attending the school which contain the information required for a certificate of immunization as specified in G.S. 130A-154. These certificates shall be open to inspection by the Department and the local health department during normal business hours. When a person transfers to another college or university, the college or university which the person previously attended shall, upon request, send a copy of the person's immunization record at no charge to the college or university to which the person has transferred.

© Within 60 calendar days after the commencement of a new school year, the college or university shall file an immunization report with the Department. The report shall be filed on forms prepared by the Department and shall state the number of persons attending the school or facility, the number of persons who had not obtained the required immunization within 30 days of their first attendance, the number of persons who received a medical exemption and the number of persons who received a religious exemption.

(d) Repealed by Session Laws 1999-110, s. 5. (1985, c. 692, s. 1; 1987, c. 782, s. 17; 1991, c. 381, s. 1; 1999-110, s. 5.)

N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-156 (2006)

§ 130A-156. Medical exemption

The Commission for Health Services shall adopt by rule medical contraindications to immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152. If a physician licensed to practice medicine in this State certifies that a required immunization is or may be detrimental to a person's health due to the presence of one of the contraindications adopted by the Commission, the person is not required to receive the specified immunization as long as the contraindication persists. The State Health Director may, upon request by a physician licensed to practice medicine in this State, grant a medical exemption to a required immunization for a contraindication not on the list adopted by the Commission. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-157 (2006)

§ 130A-157. Religious exemption

If the bona fide religious beliefs of an adult or the parent, guardian or person in loco parentis of a child are contrary to the immunization requirements contained in this Chapter, the adult or the child shall be exempt from the requirements. Upon submission of a written statement of the bona fide religious beliefs and opposition to the immunization requirements, the person may attend the college, university, school or facility without presenting a certificate of immunization.

TITLE 10A. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICESCHAPTER 41. EPIDEMIOLOGY HEALTHSUBCHAPTER 41A. COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROLSection .0400 - IMMUNIZATION

10A NCAC 41A.0401 (2006)

..0401 DOSAGE AND AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR IMMUNIZATION

(a) Every individual in North Carolina required to be immunized pursuant to G.S. 130A-152 through 130A-157 shall be immunized against the following diseases by receiving the specified minimum doses of vaccines by the specified ages:

(1) Diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough vaccine-five doses: three doses by age seven months and two booster doses, one by age 19 months and the second on or after the fourth birthday and before enrolling in school for the first time. However:

(A) Individuals who receive the first booster dose of diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough vaccine on or after the fourth birthday are not required to have a second booster dose;(B) Individuals attending colleges and universities are required to have three doses of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid, one of which must have been within the last 10 years. Those individuals enrolling in college or university for the first time on or after July 1, 2008 must have had three doses of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid and a booster dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine if a tetanus/diphtheria toxoid or tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine has not been administered within the past 10 years. A dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine is not required for any student over the age of 64 years;© A booster dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine is required for individuals attending public school who are entering the sixth grade on or after August 1, 2008, if five years or more have passed since the last dose of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid. A booster dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine is required for individuals not attending public schools who are 12 years of age on or after August 1, 2008, if five years or more have passed since the last dose of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid. However, pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine is not required for individuals between 7 years of age through the fifth grade for those attending public schools and 7 through 12 years of age for those not attending public schools.

(2) Poliomyelitis vaccine--four doses: two doses of trivalent type by age five months; a third dose trivalent type before age 19 months, and a booster dose of trivalent type before enrolling in school for the first time. However:

(A) An individual attending school who has attained his or her 18th birthday is not required to receive polio vaccine;(B) Individuals who receive the third dose of poliomyelitis vaccine on or after the fourth birthday are not required to receive a fourth dose;© The requirements for booster doses of poliomyelitis vaccine do not apply to individuals who enrolled for the first time in the first grade before July 1, 1987.

(3) Measles (rubeola) vaccine--two doses of live, attenuated vaccine administered at least 28 days apart: one dose on or after age 12 months and before age 16 months and a second dose before enrolling in school for the first time. However:

(A) An individual who has been documented by serological testing to have a protective antibody titer against measles is not required to receive measles vaccine;(B) An individual who has been diagnosed prior to January 1, 1994, by a physician licensed to practice medicine as having measles (rubeola) disease is not required to receive measles vaccine;© An individual born prior to 1957 is not required to receive measles vaccine;(D) The requirement for a second dose of measles vaccine does not apply to individuals who enroll in school or in college or university for the first time before July 1, 1994.

(4) Rubella vaccine--one dose of live, attenuated vaccine on or after age 12 months and before age 16 months. However:

(A) An individual who has been documented by serologic testing to have a protective antibody titer against rubella is not required to receive rubella vaccine;(B) An individual who has attained his or her fiftieth birthday is not required to receive rubella vaccine except in outbreak situations;© An individual who entered a college or university after his or her thirtieth birthday and before February 1, 1989 is not required to meet the requirement for rubella vaccine except in outbreak situations.

(5) Mumps vaccine--one dose of live, attenuated vaccine administered on or after age 12 months and before age 16 months and a second dose before enrolling in school, college or university for the first time. However:

(A) An individual born prior to 1957 is not required to receive mumps vaccine;(B) The requirements for mumps vaccine do not apply to individuals who enrolled for the first time in the first grade before July 1, 1987 or in college or university before July 1, 1994;© An individual who has been documented by serological testing to have a protective antibody titer against mumps is not required to receive mumps vaccine;(D) An individual entering school, college or university prior to July 1, 2008 is not required to receive a second dose of mumps vaccine.

(6) Haemophilus influenzae, b, conjugate vaccine--three doses of HbOC or PRP-T or two doses of PRP-OMP before age seven months and a booster dose of any type on or after age 12 months and by age 16 months. However:

(A) Individuals born before October 1, 1988 are not required to be vaccinated against Haemophilus influenzae, b;(B) Individuals who receive the first dose of Haemophilus influenzae, b, vaccine on or after 12 months of age and before 15 months of age are required to have only two doses of HbOC, PRP-T or PRP-OMP;© Individuals who receive the first dose of Haemophilus influenzae, b, vaccine on or after 15 months of age are required to have only one dose of any of the Haemophilus influenzae conjugate vaccines, including PRP-D;(D) No individual who has passed their fifth birthday is required to be vaccinated against Haemophilus influenzae, b.

(7) Hepatitis B vaccine--three doses: one dose by age three months, a second dose before age five months and a third dose by age 19 months. However:

(A) The last dose of the hepatitis B vaccine series shall not be administered prior to 24 weeks of age;(B) Individuals born before July 1, 1994 are not required to be vaccinated against hepatitis B.

(8) Varicella vaccine--1 dose administered on or after age 12 months and before age 19 months. However:

(A) An individual with a laboratory test indicating immunity or with a history of varicella disease, documented by a health care provider, parent, guardian or person in loco parentis is not required to receive varicella vaccine. Serologic proof of immunity or documentation of previous illness must be presented whenever a certificate of immunization is required by North Carolina General Statute. The documentation shall include the name of the individual with a history of varicella disease and the approximate date or age of infection. Previous illness shall be documented by:

(i) a written statement from a health care provider documented on or attached to the lifetime immunization card or certificate of immunization; or(ii) a written statement from the individual's parent, guardian or person in loco parentis attached to the lifetime immunization card or certificate of immunization.

(B) An individual born prior to April 1, 2001 is not required to receive varicella vaccine.

(B) The healthcare provider shall administer immunizations in accordance with this Rule. However, if a healthcare provider administers vaccine up to and including the fourth day prior to the required minimum age, the individual dose is not required to be repeated. Doses administered more than 4 days prior to the requirements are considered invalid doses and shall be repeated.

© The State Health Director may suspend temporarily any portion of the requirements of this Rule due to emergency conditions, such as the unavailability of vaccine. The Department shall give notice in writing to all local health departments and other providers currently receiving vaccine from the Department when the suspension takes effect and when the suspension is lifted. When any vaccine series is disrupted by such a suspension, the next dose shall be administered within 90 days of the lifting of the suspension and the series resumed in accordance with intervals determined by the most recent recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.

10A NCAC 41A.0403 (2006)

..0403 NON-RELIGIOUS PERSONAL BELIEF NO EXEMPTION

Except as provided in G.S. 130A-156 and G.S. 130A-157, and 10A NCAC 41A .0404 and .0405, no child shall be exempt from the requirements of 10A NCAC 41 .0401; there is no exception to these requirements for the case of apersonal belief or philosophy of a parent or guardian not founded upon a religious belief.

10A NCAC 41A.0404 (2006)

..0404 MEDICAL EXEMPTIONS FROM IMMUNIZATION

(a) Certification of a medical exemption by a physician pursuant to G.S. 130A-156 shall be in writing and shall state the basis of the exemption, the specific vaccine or vaccines the individual should not receive, and the length of time the exemption will apply for the individual.

(B) Medical contraindications for which medical exemptions may be certified by a physician for immunizations are included in the most recent General Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, Public Health Services, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, published in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention publication, the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, which is adopted by reference including subsequent amendments and additions. A copy is available for inspection in the Immunization Section at 1330 St. 's Street, Raleigh, North Carolina. Internet access is available by searching www.cdc.gov/nip.

Guest guest

> From what I can find out, NC law does not allow parents to opt out of > vaccines based on philisophocal reasons, only medical and religous. > L.

Hi ,

I am writing to make a couple of suggestions to you.

First I would cancel your daughters appt. tomorrow so that you can have more time to research and make your decision, you can always reschedule. The thing that you do not want to do is be forced to give her the vaccine and then regret it later.

Second, after you cancel your appt. find a pediatration that is ok with not vaccinating or delayed vaccinating, they are out there. A great resourse is The Holistic Moms Network, you could probably contact a leader from a chapter in your area and they could ask around for you about who other people use for their ped's and also what other people have done about not vaccinating.

Third, I was looking over the requirements for NC and while it says bona fide religious beliefs of the parent or guardian must be contrary to the immunization requirements, it does not say that you have to be a member of a specific religion that is against immunizing. That to me means that you just have to say that your religious/spiritual beliefs will not allow you to immunize. Do not say that it is a personal belief but that your spiritual beliefs that your daughter was "created" , "made" the way she is and was not meant to be injected with man-made chemicals. As far as I have been told in all of my research they really have no way to check if you are a member of an organized religion anyway.

Below, I have posted the information from the NVIC sight for you to look at if you haven't already.

Good luck in your decision and just remember she is your baby and you are doing what you feel is best for her.

NORTH CAROLINA

Current as of 2006

Quick Fact:

If the bona fide religious beliefs of an adult or the parent, guardian or person in loco parentis of a child are contrary to the immunization requirements, the adult or the child shall be exempt from the requirements. Upon submission of a written statement of the bona fide religious beliefs and opposition to the immunization requirements, the person may attend the college, university, school or facility without presenting a certificate of immunization. No child shall be exempt from the requirements of immunizations for the case of a personal belief or philosophy of a parent or guardian not founded upon a religious belief.

Other Resources:

People Advocating Vaccine Education: www.vaccineeducation.com

State of North Carolina - Division of Public Health: http://wch.dhhs.state.nc.us

State of North Carolina Legislature: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/

State of North Carolina Immunization Requirements for Child Care: http://www.immunizenc.com/ChildCares.htm#reqmts

State of North Carolina Immunization Requirements for School Entry: http://www.immunizenc.com/SchoolReqs.htm

State of North Carolina Immunization Requirements for Colleges/Universities: http://www.immunizenc.com/college.htm

Back to Exemptions Main Page - All States

CHAPTER 130A. PUBLIC HEALTH ARTICLE 6. COMMUNICABLE DISEASES PART 2. IMMUNIZATION

N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-152 (2006)

§ 130A-152. Immunization required

(a) Every child present in this State shall be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, poliomyelitis, red measles (rubeola) and rubella. In addition, every child present in this State shall be immunized against any other disease upon a determination by the Commission that the immunization is in the interest of the public health. Every parent, guardian, person in loco parentis and person or agency, whether governmental or private, with legal custody of a child shall have the responsibility to ensure that the child has received the required immunization at the age required by the Commission. If a child has not received the required immunizations by the specified age, the responsible person shall obtain the required immunization for the child as soon as possible after the lack of the required immunization is determined.

(B) Repealed by Session Laws 2002-179, s. 10, effective October 1, 2002.

© The Commission shall adopt and the Department shall enforce rules concerning the implementation of the immunization program. The rules shall provide for:

(1) The child's age at administration of each vaccine; (2) The number of doses of each vaccine; (3) Exemptions from the immunization requirements where medical practice suggests that immunization would not be in the best health interests of a specific category of children; (4) The procedures and practices for administering the vaccine; and (5) Redistribution of vaccines provided to local health departments.

(c1) The Commission for Health Services shall, pursuant to G.S. 130A-152 and G.S. 130A-433, adopt rules establishing reasonable fees for the administration of vaccines and rules limiting the requirements that can be placed on children, their parents, guardians, or custodians as a condition for receiving vaccines provided by the State. These rules shall become effective January 1, 1994.

(d) Only vaccine preparations which meet the standards of the United States Food and Drug Administration or its successor in licensing vaccines and are approved for use by the Commission may be used.

(e) When the Commission requires immunization against a disease not listed in paragraph (a) of this section, or requires an additional dose of a vaccine, the Commission is authorized to exempt from the new requirement children who are or who have been enrolled in school (K-12) on or before the effective date of the new requirement.

N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-155 (2006)

§ 130A-155. Submission of certificate to child care facility, preschool andschool authorities; record maintenance; reporting.

(a) No child shall attend a school (pre K-12), whether public, private or religious, a child care facility as defined in G.S. 110-86(3), unless a certificate of immunization indicating that the child has received the immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152 is presented to the school or facility. The parent, guardian, or responsible person must present a certificate of immunization on the child's first day of attendance to the principal of the school or operator of the facility, as defined in G.S. 110-86(7). If a certificate of immunization is not presented on the first day, the principal or operator shall present a notice of deficiency to the parent, guardian or responsible person. The parent, guardian or responsible person shall have 30 calendar days from the first day of attendance to obtain the required immunization for the child. If the administration of vaccine in a series of doses given at medically approved intervals requires a period in excess of 30 calendar days, additional days upon certification by a physician may be allowed to obtain the required immunization. Upon termination of 30 calendar days or the extended period, the principal or operator shall not permit the child to attend the school or facility unless the required immunization has been obtained.

(B) The school or child care facility shall maintain on file immunization records for all children attending the school or facility which contain the information required for a certificate of immunization as specified in G.S. 130A-154. These certificates shall be open to inspection by the Department and the local health department during normal business hours. When a child transfers to another school or facility, the school or facility which the child previously attended shall, upon request, send a copy of the child's immunization record at no charge to the school or facility to which the child has transferred.

© Within 60 calendar days after the commencement of a new school year, the school shall file an immunization report with the Department. The child care facility shall file an immunization report annually with the Department. The report shall be filed on forms prepared by the Department and shall state the number of children attending the school or facility, the number of children who had not obtained the required immunization within 30 days of their first attendance, the number of children who received a medical exemption and the number of children who received a religious exemption.

(d) Any adult who attends school (pre K-12), whether public, private or religious, shall obtain the immunizations required in G.S. 130A-152 and shall present to the school a certificate in accordance with this section. The physician or local health department administering a required vaccine to the adult shall give a certificate of immunization to the person. The certificate shall state the person's name, address, date of birth and sex; the number of doses of the vaccine given; the date the doses were given; the name and addresses of the physician or local health department administering the required immunization; and other relevant information required by the Commission.

N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-155.1 (2006)

§ 130A-155.1. Submission of certificate to college or universities.

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, no person shall attend a college or university, whether public, private, or religious, unless a certificate of immunization or a record of immunization from a high school located in North Carolina indicating that the person has received immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152 is presented to the college or university. This section shall not apply to educational institutions established under Chapter 115D of the General Statutes, or to students registering only in off-campus courses, or to students attending night or weekend classes only, or to students taking a course load of four credit hours or less and residing off campus. The person shall present a certificate or record of immunization on or before the date the person first registers for a quarter or semester during which the student will reside on the campus or first registers for more than four credit hours to the registrar of the college or university. If a certificate or record of immunization is not in the possession of the college or university on the date of first registration, the college or university shall present a notice of deficiency to the person. The person shall have 30 calendar days from the date of the person's first registration to obtain the required immunization. If immunization requires a series of doses and the period necessary to give the vaccine at standard intervals extends beyond the date of the first registration, the student shall be allowed to attend the college or university upon written certification by a physician that the standard series is in progress. The physician shall state the time period needed to complete the series. Upon termination of this time period, the college or university shall not permit the person to continue in attendance unless the required immunization has been obtained.

(B) The college or university shall maintain on file immunization records for all persons attending the school which contain the information required for a certificate of immunization as specified in G.S. 130A-154. These certificates shall be open to inspection by the Department and the local health department during normal business hours. When a person transfers to another college or university, the college or university which the person previously attended shall, upon request, send a copy of the person's immunization record at no charge to the college or university to which the person has transferred.

© Within 60 calendar days after the commencement of a new school year, the college or university shall file an immunization report with the Department. The report shall be filed on forms prepared by the Department and shall state the number of persons attending the school or facility, the number of persons who had not obtained the required immunization within 30 days of their first attendance, the number of persons who received a medical exemption and the number of persons who received a religious exemption.

(d) Repealed by Session Laws 1999-110, s. 5. (1985, c. 692, s. 1; 1987, c. 782, s. 17; 1991, c. 381, s. 1; 1999-110, s. 5.)

N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-156 (2006)

§ 130A-156. Medical exemption

The Commission for Health Services shall adopt by rule medical contraindications to immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152. If a physician licensed to practice medicine in this State certifies that a required immunization is or may be detrimental to a person's health due to the presence of one of the contraindications adopted by the Commission, the person is not required to receive the specified immunization as long as the contraindication persists. The State Health Director may, upon request by a physician licensed to practice medicine in this State, grant a medical exemption to a required immunization for a contraindication not on the list adopted by the Commission. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-157 (2006)

§ 130A-157. Religious exemption

If the bona fide religious beliefs of an adult or the parent, guardian or person in loco parentis of a child are contrary to the immunization requirements contained in this Chapter, the adult or the child shall be exempt from the requirements. Upon submission of a written statement of the bona fide religious beliefs and opposition to the immunization requirements, the person may attend the college, university, school or facility without presenting a certificate of immunization.

TITLE 10A. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICESCHAPTER 41. EPIDEMIOLOGY HEALTHSUBCHAPTER 41A. COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROLSection .0400 - IMMUNIZATION

10A NCAC 41A.0401 (2006)

..0401 DOSAGE AND AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR IMMUNIZATION

(a) Every individual in North Carolina required to be immunized pursuant to G.S. 130A-152 through 130A-157 shall be immunized against the following diseases by receiving the specified minimum doses of vaccines by the specified ages:

(1) Diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough vaccine-five doses: three doses by age seven months and two booster doses, one by age 19 months and the second on or after the fourth birthday and before enrolling in school for the first time. However:

(A) Individuals who receive the first booster dose of diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough vaccine on or after the fourth birthday are not required to have a second booster dose;(B) Individuals attending colleges and universities are required to have three doses of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid, one of which must have been within the last 10 years. Those individuals enrolling in college or university for the first time on or after July 1, 2008 must have had three doses of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid and a booster dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine if a tetanus/diphtheria toxoid or tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine has not been administered within the past 10 years. A dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine is not required for any student over the age of 64 years;© A booster dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine is required for individuals attending public school who are entering the sixth grade on or after August 1, 2008, if five years or more have passed since the last dose of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid. A booster dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine is required for individuals not attending public schools who are 12 years of age on or after August 1, 2008, if five years or more have passed since the last dose of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid. However, pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine is not required for individuals between 7 years of age through the fifth grade for those attending public schools and 7 through 12 years of age for those not attending public schools.

(2) Poliomyelitis vaccine--four doses: two doses of trivalent type by age five months; a third dose trivalent type before age 19 months, and a booster dose of trivalent type before enrolling in school for the first time. However:

(A) An individual attending school who has attained his or her 18th birthday is not required to receive polio vaccine;(B) Individuals who receive the third dose of poliomyelitis vaccine on or after the fourth birthday are not required to receive a fourth dose;© The requirements for booster doses of poliomyelitis vaccine do not apply to individuals who enrolled for the first time in the first grade before July 1, 1987.

(3) Measles (rubeola) vaccine--two doses of live, attenuated vaccine administered at least 28 days apart: one dose on or after age 12 months and before age 16 months and a second dose before enrolling in school for the first time. However:

(A) An individual who has been documented by serological testing to have a protective antibody titer against measles is not required to receive measles vaccine;(B) An individual who has been diagnosed prior to January 1, 1994, by a physician licensed to practice medicine as having measles (rubeola) disease is not required to receive measles vaccine;© An individual born prior to 1957 is not required to receive measles vaccine;(D) The requirement for a second dose of measles vaccine does not apply to individuals who enroll in school or in college or university for the first time before July 1, 1994.

(4) Rubella vaccine--one dose of live, attenuated vaccine on or after age 12 months and before age 16 months. However:

(A) An individual who has been documented by serologic testing to have a protective antibody titer against rubella is not required to receive rubella vaccine;(B) An individual who has attained his or her fiftieth birthday is not required to receive rubella vaccine except in outbreak situations;© An individual who entered a college or university after his or her thirtieth birthday and before February 1, 1989 is not required to meet the requirement for rubella vaccine except in outbreak situations.

(5) Mumps vaccine--one dose of live, attenuated vaccine administered on or after age 12 months and before age 16 months and a second dose before enrolling in school, college or university for the first time. However:

(A) An individual born prior to 1957 is not required to receive mumps vaccine;(B) The requirements for mumps vaccine do not apply to individuals who enrolled for the first time in the first grade before July 1, 1987 or in college or university before July 1, 1994;© An individual who has been documented by serological testing to have a protective antibody titer against mumps is not required to receive mumps vaccine;(D) An individual entering school, college or university prior to July 1, 2008 is not required to receive a second dose of mumps vaccine.

(6) Haemophilus influenzae, b, conjugate vaccine--three doses of HbOC or PRP-T or two doses of PRP-OMP before age seven months and a booster dose of any type on or after age 12 months and by age 16 months. However:

(A) Individuals born before October 1, 1988 are not required to be vaccinated against Haemophilus influenzae, b;(B) Individuals who receive the first dose of Haemophilus influenzae, b, vaccine on or after 12 months of age and before 15 months of age are required to have only two doses of HbOC, PRP-T or PRP-OMP;© Individuals who receive the first dose of Haemophilus influenzae, b, vaccine on or after 15 months of age are required to have only one dose of any of the Haemophilus influenzae conjugate vaccines, including PRP-D;(D) No individual who has passed their fifth birthday is required to be vaccinated against Haemophilus influenzae, b.

(7) Hepatitis B vaccine--three doses: one dose by age three months, a second dose before age five months and a third dose by age 19 months. However:

(A) The last dose of the hepatitis B vaccine series shall not be administered prior to 24 weeks of age;(B) Individuals born before July 1, 1994 are not required to be vaccinated against hepatitis B.

(8) Varicella vaccine--1 dose administered on or after age 12 months and before age 19 months. However:

(A) An individual with a laboratory test indicating immunity or with a history of varicella disease, documented by a health care provider, parent, guardian or person in loco parentis is not required to receive varicella vaccine. Serologic proof of immunity or documentation of previous illness must be presented whenever a certificate of immunization is required by North Carolina General Statute. The documentation shall include the name of the individual with a history of varicella disease and the approximate date or age of infection. Previous illness shall be documented by:

(i) a written statement from a health care provider documented on or attached to the lifetime immunization card or certificate of immunization; or(ii) a written statement from the individual's parent, guardian or person in loco parentis attached to the lifetime immunization card or certificate of immunization.

(B) An individual born prior to April 1, 2001 is not required to receive varicella vaccine.

(B) The healthcare provider shall administer immunizations in accordance with this Rule. However, if a healthcare provider administers vaccine up to and including the fourth day prior to the required minimum age, the individual dose is not required to be repeated. Doses administered more than 4 days prior to the requirements are considered invalid doses and shall be repeated.

© The State Health Director may suspend temporarily any portion of the requirements of this Rule due to emergency conditions, such as the unavailability of vaccine. The Department shall give notice in writing to all local health departments and other providers currently receiving vaccine from the Department when the suspension takes effect and when the suspension is lifted. When any vaccine series is disrupted by such a suspension, the next dose shall be administered within 90 days of the lifting of the suspension and the series resumed in accordance with intervals determined by the most recent recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.

10A NCAC 41A.0403 (2006)

..0403 NON-RELIGIOUS PERSONAL BELIEF NO EXEMPTION

Except as provided in G.S. 130A-156 and G.S. 130A-157, and 10A NCAC 41A .0404 and .0405, no child shall be exempt from the requirements of 10A NCAC 41 .0401; there is no exception to these requirements for the case of apersonal belief or philosophy of a parent or guardian not founded upon a religious belief.

10A NCAC 41A.0404 (2006)

..0404 MEDICAL EXEMPTIONS FROM IMMUNIZATION

(a) Certification of a medical exemption by a physician pursuant to G.S. 130A-156 shall be in writing and shall state the basis of the exemption, the specific vaccine or vaccines the individual should not receive, and the length of time the exemption will apply for the individual.

(B) Medical contraindications for which medical exemptions may be certified by a physician for immunizations are included in the most recent General Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, Public Health Services, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, published in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention publication, the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, which is adopted by reference including subsequent amendments and additions. A copy is available for inspection in the Immunization Section at 1330 St. 's Street, Raleigh, North Carolina. Internet access is available by searching www.cdc.gov/nip.

Guest guest

If they ask what your belief is it is easiest if you use the Bible as your rationale. The commandment is to not pollute the temple. "know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" 1 Corintheans 6:19 That takes it out of the realm of denomination or conviction. If they have an argument with God it is not with you. You are just following the rules as set down in the Bible. It will work. No problems :) Kirk <lappleyard@...> wrote: > From what I can find out, NC law does not allow parents to opt out of > vaccines based on philisophocal reasons, only medical and religous. > L. Hi , I am writing to make a couple of suggestions to you. First I would cancel your daughters appt. tomorrow so that you can have more time to research and make your decision, you can always reschedule. The thing that you do not want to do is be forced to give her the vaccine and then regret it later. Second, after you cancel your appt. find a pediatration that is ok with not vaccinating or delayed vaccinating, they are out there. A great resourse is The Holistic

Moms Network, you could probably contact a leader from a chapter in your area and they could ask around for you about who other people use for their ped's and also what other people have done about not vaccinating. Third, I was looking over the requirements for NC and while it says bona fide religious beliefs of the parent or guardian must be contrary to the immunization requirements, it does not say that you have to be a member of a specific religion that is against immunizing. That to me means that you just have to say that your religious/spiritual beliefs will not allow you to immunize. Do not say that it is a personal belief but that your spiritual beliefs that your daughter was "created" , "made" the way she is and was not meant to be injected with man-made chemicals. As far as I have been told in all of my research they really have no way to check if you are a member of an organized religion anyway. Below, I

have posted the information from the NVIC sight for you to look at if you haven't already. Good luck in your decision and just remember she is your baby and you are doing what you feel is best for her. NORTH CAROLINA Current as of 2006 Quick Fact: If the bona fide religious beliefs of an adult or the parent, guardian or person

in loco parentis of a child are contrary to the immunization requirements, the adult or the child shall be exempt from the requirements. Upon submission of a written statement of the bona fide religious beliefs and opposition to the immunization requirements, the person may attend the college, university, school or facility without presenting a certificate of immunization. No child shall be exempt from the requirements of immunizations for the case of a personal belief or philosophy of a parent or guardian not founded upon a religious belief. Other Resources: People Advocating Vaccine Education: www.vaccineeducation.com State of North Carolina - Division of Public Health: http://wch.dhhs.state.nc.us State of North Carolina Legislature: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/ State of North Carolina Immunization Requirements for Child Care: http://www.immunizenc.com/ChildCares.htm#reqmts State of North Carolina Immunization Requirements for School Entry: http://www.immunizenc.com/SchoolReqs.htm State of North Carolina Immunization Requirements for Colleges/Universities: http://www.immunizenc.com/college.htm Back to Exemptions Main Page - All States CHAPTER 130A. PUBLIC HEALTH ARTICLE 6. COMMUNICABLE DISEASES PART 2. IMMUNIZATION N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-152 (2006) § 130A-152. Immunization required (a) Every child present in this State shall be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, poliomyelitis, red measles (rubeola) and rubella. In addition, every child present in this State shall be immunized against any other disease upon a determination by the Commission that the immunization is in the interest of the public health. Every parent, guardian, person in loco parentis and person or agency, whether governmental or private, with legal custody of a child shall have the responsibility to ensure that the child has

received the required immunization at the age required by the Commission. If a child has not received the required immunizations by the specified age, the responsible person shall obtain the required immunization for the child as soon as possible after the lack of the required immunization is determined. (B) Repealed by Session Laws 2002-179, s. 10, effective October 1, 2002. © The Commission shall adopt and the Department shall enforce rules concerning the implementation of the immunization program. The rules shall provide for: (1) The child's age at administration of each vaccine; (2) The number of doses of each vaccine; (3) Exemptions from the immunization requirements where medical practice suggests that immunization would not be in the best health interests of a specific category of children; (4) The procedures and practices for administering the vaccine;

and (5) Redistribution of vaccines provided to local health departments. (c1) The Commission for Health Services shall, pursuant to G.S. 130A-152 and G.S. 130A-433, adopt rules establishing reasonable fees for the administration of vaccines and rules limiting the requirements that can be placed on children, their parents, guardians, or custodians as a condition for receiving vaccines provided by the State. These rules shall become effective January 1, 1994. (d) Only vaccine preparations which meet the standards of the United States Food and Drug Administration or its successor in licensing vaccines and are approved for use by the Commission may be used. (e) When the Commission requires immunization against a disease not listed in paragraph (a) of this section, or requires an additional dose of a vaccine, the Commission is authorized to exempt from the new requirement

children who are or who have been enrolled in school (K-12) on or before the effective date of the new requirement. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-155 (2006) § 130A-155. Submission of certificate to child care facility, preschool andschool authorities; record maintenance; reporting. (a) No child shall attend a school (pre K-12), whether public, private or religious, a child care facility as defined in G.S. 110-86(3), unless a certificate of immunization indicating that the child has received the immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152 is presented to the school or facility. The parent, guardian, or responsible person must present a certificate of immunization on the child's first day of attendance to the principal of the school or operator of the facility, as defined in G.S. 110-86(7). If a certificate of immunization is not presented on the first day, the principal or

operator shall present a notice of deficiency to the parent, guardian or responsible person. The parent, guardian or responsible person shall have 30 calendar days from the first day of attendance to obtain the required immunization for the child. If the administration of vaccine in a series of doses given at medically approved intervals requires a period in excess of 30 calendar days, additional days upon certification by a physician may be allowed to obtain the required immunization. Upon termination of 30 calendar days or the extended period, the principal or operator shall not permit the child to attend the school or facility unless the required immunization has been obtained. (B) The school or child care facility shall maintain on file immunization records for all children attending the school or facility which contain the information required for a certificate of immunization as specified in G.S. 130A-154. These certificates shall be open

to inspection by the Department and the local health department during normal business hours. When a child transfers to another school or facility, the school or facility which the child previously attended shall, upon request, send a copy of the child's immunization record at no charge to the school or facility to which the child has transferred. © Within 60 calendar days after the commencement of a new school year, the school shall file an immunization report with the Department. The child care facility shall file an immunization report annually with the Department. The report shall be filed on forms prepared by the Department and shall state the number of children attending the school or facility, the number of children who had not obtained the required immunization within 30 days of their first attendance, the number of children who received a medical exemption and the number of children who received a religious exemption. (d) Any adult who attends school (pre K-12), whether public, private or religious, shall obtain the immunizations required in G.S. 130A-152 and shall present to the school a certificate in accordance with this section. The physician or local health department administering a required vaccine to the adult shall give a certificate of immunization to the person. The certificate shall state the person's name, address, date of birth and sex; the number of doses of the vaccine given; the date the doses were given; the name and addresses of the physician or local health department administering the required immunization; and other relevant information required by the Commission. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-155.1 (2006) § 130A-155.1. Submission of certificate to college or universities. (a) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, no person shall attend a college or

university, whether public, private, or religious, unless a certificate of immunization or a record of immunization from a high school located in North Carolina indicating that the person has received immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152 is presented to the college or university. This section shall not apply to educational institutions established under Chapter 115D of the General Statutes, or to students registering only in off-campus courses, or to students attending night or weekend classes only, or to students taking a course load of four credit hours or less and residing off campus. The person shall present a certificate or record of immunization on or before the date the person first registers for a quarter or semester during which the student will reside on the campus or first registers for more than four credit hours to the registrar of the college or university. If a certificate or record of immunization is not in the possession of the college or university on

the date of first registration, the college or university shall present a notice of deficiency to the person. The person shall have 30 calendar days from the date of the person's first registration to obtain the required immunization. If immunization requires a series of doses and the period necessary to give the vaccine at standard intervals extends beyond the date of the first registration, the student shall be allowed to attend the college or university upon written certification by a physician that the standard series is in progress. The physician shall state the time period needed to complete the series. Upon termination of this time period, the college or university shall not permit the person to continue in attendance unless the required immunization has been obtained. (B) The college or university shall maintain on file immunization records for all persons attending the school which contain the information required for a certificate of

immunization as specified in G.S. 130A-154. These certificates shall be open to inspection by the Department and the local health department during normal business hours. When a person transfers to another college or university, the college or university which the person previously attended shall, upon request, send a copy of the person's immunization record at no charge to the college or university to which the person has transferred. © Within 60 calendar days after the commencement of a new school year, the college or university shall file an immunization report with the Department. The report shall be filed on forms prepared by the Department and shall state the number of persons attending the school or facility, the number of persons who had not obtained the required immunization within 30 days of their first attendance, the number of persons who received a medical exemption and the number of persons who received a religious

exemption. (d) Repealed by Session Laws 1999-110, s. 5. (1985, c. 692, s. 1; 1987, c. 782, s. 17; 1991, c. 381, s. 1; 1999-110, s. 5.) N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-156 (2006) § 130A-156. Medical exemption The Commission for Health Services shall adopt by rule medical contraindications to immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152. If a physician licensed to practice medicine in this State certifies that a required immunization is or may be detrimental to a person's health due to the presence of one of the contraindications adopted by the Commission, the person is not required to receive the specified immunization as long as the contraindication persists. The State Health Director may, upon request by a physician licensed to practice medicine in this State, grant a medical exemption to a required immunization for a contraindication not on the list adopted by the

Commission. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-157 (2006) § 130A-157. Religious exemption If the bona fide religious beliefs of an adult or the parent, guardian or person in loco parentis of a child are contrary to the immunization requirements contained in this Chapter, the adult or the child shall be exempt from the requirements. Upon submission of a written statement of the bona fide religious beliefs and opposition to the immunization requirements, the person may attend the college, university, school or facility without presenting a certificate of immunization. TITLE 10A. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICESCHAPTER 41. EPIDEMIOLOGY HEALTHSUBCHAPTER 41A. COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROLSection .0400 - IMMUNIZATION 10A NCAC 41A.0401 (2006) .0401 DOSAGE AND AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR IMMUNIZATION (a) Every individual in North Carolina required to be immunized pursuant to G.S. 130A-152 through 130A-157 shall be immunized against the following diseases by receiving the specified minimum doses of vaccines by the specified ages: (1) Diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough vaccine-five doses: three doses by age seven months and two booster doses, one by age 19 months and the second on or after the fourth birthday and before enrolling in school for the first time. However: (A) Individuals who receive the first booster dose of diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough vaccine on or after the fourth birthday are not required to have a second booster dose;(B) Individuals attending colleges and universities are required to have three doses of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid, one of which must have

been within the last 10 years. Those individuals enrolling in college or university for the first time on or after July 1, 2008 must have had three doses of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid and a booster dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine if a tetanus/diphtheria toxoid or tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine has not been administered within the past 10 years. A dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine is not required for any student over the age of 64 years;© A booster dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine is required for individuals attending public school who are entering the sixth grade on or after August 1, 2008, if five years or more have passed since the last dose of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid. A booster dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine is required for individuals not attending public schools who are 12 years of age on or after August 1, 2008, if five years or more have passed since the last dose of

tetanus/diphtheria toxoid. However, pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine is not required for individuals between 7 years of age through the fifth grade for those attending public schools and 7 through 12 years of age for those not attending public schools. (2) Poliomyelitis vaccine--four doses: two doses of trivalent type by age five months; a third dose trivalent type before age 19 months, and a booster dose of trivalent type before enrolling in school for the first time. However: (A) An individual attending school who has attained his or her 18th birthday is not required to receive polio vaccine;(B) Individuals who receive the third dose of poliomyelitis vaccine on or after the fourth birthday are not required to receive a fourth dose;© The requirements for booster doses of poliomyelitis vaccine do not apply to individuals who enrolled for the first time in the first grade before

July 1, 1987. (3) Measles (rubeola) vaccine--two doses of live, attenuated vaccine administered at least 28 days apart: one dose on or after age 12 months and before age 16 months and a second dose before enrolling in school for the first time. However: (A) An individual who has been documented by serological testing to have a protective antibody titer against measles is not required to receive measles vaccine;(B) An individual who has been diagnosed prior to January 1, 1994, by a physician licensed to practice medicine as having measles (rubeola) disease is not required to receive measles vaccine;© An individual born prior to 1957 is not required to receive measles vaccine;(D) The requirement for a second dose of measles vaccine does not apply to individuals who enroll in school or in college or university for the first time before July 1, 1994. (4) Rubella vaccine--one dose of live, attenuated vaccine on or after age 12 months and before age 16 months. However: (A) An individual who has been documented by serologic testing to have a protective antibody titer against rubella is not required to receive rubella vaccine;(B) An individual who has attained his or her fiftieth birthday is not required to receive rubella vaccine except in outbreak situations;© An individual who entered a college or university after his or her thirtieth birthday and before February 1, 1989 is not required to meet the requirement for rubella vaccine except in outbreak situations. (5) Mumps vaccine--one dose of live, attenuated vaccine administered on or after age 12 months and before age 16 months and a second dose before enrolling in school, college or university for the first time. However: (A) An individual born prior to 1957 is not required to receive mumps vaccine;(B) The requirements for mumps vaccine do not apply to individuals who enrolled for the first time in the first grade before July 1, 1987 or in college or university before July 1, 1994;© An individual who has been documented by serological testing to have a protective antibody titer against mumps is not required to receive mumps vaccine;(D) An individual entering school, college or university prior to July 1, 2008 is not required to receive a second dose of mumps vaccine. (6) Haemophilus influenzae, b, conjugate vaccine--three doses of HbOC or PRP-T or two doses of PRP-OMP before age seven months and a booster dose of any type on or after age 12 months and by age 16 months. However: (A) Individuals born before October 1, 1988 are not required to be vaccinated against Haemophilus

influenzae, b;(B) Individuals who receive the first dose of Haemophilus influenzae, b, vaccine on or after 12 months of age and before 15 months of age are required to have only two doses of HbOC, PRP-T or PRP-OMP;© Individuals who receive the first dose of Haemophilus influenzae, b, vaccine on or after 15 months of age are required to have only one dose of any of the Haemophilus influenzae conjugate vaccines, including PRP-D;(D) No individual who has passed their fifth birthday is required to be vaccinated against Haemophilus influenzae, b. (7) Hepatitis B vaccine--three doses: one dose by age three months, a second dose before age five months and a third dose by age 19 months. However: (A) The last dose of the hepatitis B vaccine series shall not be administered prior to 24 weeks of age;(B) Individuals born before July 1, 1994 are not required to be vaccinated against

hepatitis B. (8) Varicella vaccine--1 dose administered on or after age 12 months and before age 19 months. However: (A) An individual with a laboratory test indicating immunity or with a history of varicella disease, documented by a health care provider, parent, guardian or person in loco parentis is not required to receive varicella vaccine. Serologic proof of immunity or documentation of previous illness must be presented whenever a certificate of immunization is required by North Carolina General Statute. The documentation shall include the name of the individual with a history of varicella disease and the approximate date or age of infection. Previous illness shall be documented by: (i) a written statement from a health care provider documented on or attached to the lifetime immunization card or certificate of immunization; or(ii) a written

statement from the individual's parent, guardian or person in loco parentis attached to the lifetime immunization card or certificate of immunization. (B) An individual born prior to April 1, 2001 is not required to receive varicella vaccine. (B) The healthcare provider shall administer immunizations in accordance with this Rule. However, if a healthcare provider administers vaccine up to and including the fourth day prior to the required minimum age, the individual dose is not required to be repeated. Doses administered more than 4 days prior to the requirements are considered invalid doses and shall be repeated. © The State Health Director may suspend temporarily any portion of the requirements of this Rule due to emergency conditions, such as the unavailability of vaccine. The Department shall give notice in writing to all local health departments

and other providers currently receiving vaccine from the Department when the suspension takes effect and when the suspension is lifted. When any vaccine series is disrupted by such a suspension, the next dose shall be administered within 90 days of the lifting of the suspension and the series resumed in accordance with intervals determined by the most recent recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. 10A NCAC 41A.0403 (2006) .0403 NON-RELIGIOUS PERSONAL BELIEF NO EXEMPTION Except as provided in G.S. 130A-156 and G.S. 130A-157, and 10A NCAC 41A .0404 and .0405, no child shall be exempt from the requirements of 10A NCAC 41 .0401; there is no exception to these requirements for the case of apersonal belief or philosophy of a parent or guardian not founded upon a religious belief. 10A NCAC 41A.0404 (2006) .0404 MEDICAL EXEMPTIONS FROM IMMUNIZATION (a) Certification of a medical exemption by a physician pursuant to G.S. 130A-156 shall be in writing and shall state the basis of the exemption, the specific vaccine or vaccines the individual should not receive, and the length of time the exemption will apply for the individual. (B) Medical contraindications for which medical exemptions may be certified by a physician for immunizations are included in the most recent General Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, Public Health Services, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, published in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention publication, the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, which is adopted by reference including subsequent amendments and additions. A copy is available for inspection in the Immunization Section at 1330 St. 's Street, Raleigh,

North Carolina. Internet access is available by searching www.cdc.gov/nip.

Guest guest

If they ask what your belief is it is easiest if you use the Bible as your rationale. The commandment is to not pollute the temple. "know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" 1 Corintheans 6:19 That takes it out of the realm of denomination or conviction. If they have an argument with God it is not with you. You are just following the rules as set down in the Bible. It will work. No problems :) Kirk <lappleyard@...> wrote: > From what I can find out, NC law does not allow parents to opt out of > vaccines based on philisophocal reasons, only medical and religous. > L. Hi , I am writing to make a couple of suggestions to you. First I would cancel your daughters appt. tomorrow so that you can have more time to research and make your decision, you can always reschedule. The thing that you do not want to do is be forced to give her the vaccine and then regret it later. Second, after you cancel your appt. find a pediatration that is ok with not vaccinating or delayed vaccinating, they are out there. A great resourse is The Holistic

Moms Network, you could probably contact a leader from a chapter in your area and they could ask around for you about who other people use for their ped's and also what other people have done about not vaccinating. Third, I was looking over the requirements for NC and while it says bona fide religious beliefs of the parent or guardian must be contrary to the immunization requirements, it does not say that you have to be a member of a specific religion that is against immunizing. That to me means that you just have to say that your religious/spiritual beliefs will not allow you to immunize. Do not say that it is a personal belief but that your spiritual beliefs that your daughter was "created" , "made" the way she is and was not meant to be injected with man-made chemicals. As far as I have been told in all of my research they really have no way to check if you are a member of an organized religion anyway. Below, I

have posted the information from the NVIC sight for you to look at if you haven't already. Good luck in your decision and just remember she is your baby and you are doing what you feel is best for her. NORTH CAROLINA Current as of 2006 Quick Fact: If the bona fide religious beliefs of an adult or the parent, guardian or person

in loco parentis of a child are contrary to the immunization requirements, the adult or the child shall be exempt from the requirements. Upon submission of a written statement of the bona fide religious beliefs and opposition to the immunization requirements, the person may attend the college, university, school or facility without presenting a certificate of immunization. No child shall be exempt from the requirements of immunizations for the case of a personal belief or philosophy of a parent or guardian not founded upon a religious belief. Other Resources: People Advocating Vaccine Education: www.vaccineeducation.com State of North Carolina - Division of Public Health: http://wch.dhhs.state.nc.us State of North Carolina Legislature: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/ State of North Carolina Immunization Requirements for Child Care: http://www.immunizenc.com/ChildCares.htm#reqmts State of North Carolina Immunization Requirements for School Entry: http://www.immunizenc.com/SchoolReqs.htm State of North Carolina Immunization Requirements for Colleges/Universities: http://www.immunizenc.com/college.htm Back to Exemptions Main Page - All States CHAPTER 130A. PUBLIC HEALTH ARTICLE 6. COMMUNICABLE DISEASES PART 2. IMMUNIZATION N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-152 (2006) § 130A-152. Immunization required (a) Every child present in this State shall be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, poliomyelitis, red measles (rubeola) and rubella. In addition, every child present in this State shall be immunized against any other disease upon a determination by the Commission that the immunization is in the interest of the public health. Every parent, guardian, person in loco parentis and person or agency, whether governmental or private, with legal custody of a child shall have the responsibility to ensure that the child has

received the required immunization at the age required by the Commission. If a child has not received the required immunizations by the specified age, the responsible person shall obtain the required immunization for the child as soon as possible after the lack of the required immunization is determined. (B) Repealed by Session Laws 2002-179, s. 10, effective October 1, 2002. © The Commission shall adopt and the Department shall enforce rules concerning the implementation of the immunization program. The rules shall provide for: (1) The child's age at administration of each vaccine; (2) The number of doses of each vaccine; (3) Exemptions from the immunization requirements where medical practice suggests that immunization would not be in the best health interests of a specific category of children; (4) The procedures and practices for administering the vaccine;

and (5) Redistribution of vaccines provided to local health departments. (c1) The Commission for Health Services shall, pursuant to G.S. 130A-152 and G.S. 130A-433, adopt rules establishing reasonable fees for the administration of vaccines and rules limiting the requirements that can be placed on children, their parents, guardians, or custodians as a condition for receiving vaccines provided by the State. These rules shall become effective January 1, 1994. (d) Only vaccine preparations which meet the standards of the United States Food and Drug Administration or its successor in licensing vaccines and are approved for use by the Commission may be used. (e) When the Commission requires immunization against a disease not listed in paragraph (a) of this section, or requires an additional dose of a vaccine, the Commission is authorized to exempt from the new requirement

children who are or who have been enrolled in school (K-12) on or before the effective date of the new requirement. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-155 (2006) § 130A-155. Submission of certificate to child care facility, preschool andschool authorities; record maintenance; reporting. (a) No child shall attend a school (pre K-12), whether public, private or religious, a child care facility as defined in G.S. 110-86(3), unless a certificate of immunization indicating that the child has received the immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152 is presented to the school or facility. The parent, guardian, or responsible person must present a certificate of immunization on the child's first day of attendance to the principal of the school or operator of the facility, as defined in G.S. 110-86(7). If a certificate of immunization is not presented on the first day, the principal or

operator shall present a notice of deficiency to the parent, guardian or responsible person. The parent, guardian or responsible person shall have 30 calendar days from the first day of attendance to obtain the required immunization for the child. If the administration of vaccine in a series of doses given at medically approved intervals requires a period in excess of 30 calendar days, additional days upon certification by a physician may be allowed to obtain the required immunization. Upon termination of 30 calendar days or the extended period, the principal or operator shall not permit the child to attend the school or facility unless the required immunization has been obtained. (B) The school or child care facility shall maintain on file immunization records for all children attending the school or facility which contain the information required for a certificate of immunization as specified in G.S. 130A-154. These certificates shall be open

to inspection by the Department and the local health department during normal business hours. When a child transfers to another school or facility, the school or facility which the child previously attended shall, upon request, send a copy of the child's immunization record at no charge to the school or facility to which the child has transferred. © Within 60 calendar days after the commencement of a new school year, the school shall file an immunization report with the Department. The child care facility shall file an immunization report annually with the Department. The report shall be filed on forms prepared by the Department and shall state the number of children attending the school or facility, the number of children who had not obtained the required immunization within 30 days of their first attendance, the number of children who received a medical exemption and the number of children who received a religious exemption. (d) Any adult who attends school (pre K-12), whether public, private or religious, shall obtain the immunizations required in G.S. 130A-152 and shall present to the school a certificate in accordance with this section. The physician or local health department administering a required vaccine to the adult shall give a certificate of immunization to the person. The certificate shall state the person's name, address, date of birth and sex; the number of doses of the vaccine given; the date the doses were given; the name and addresses of the physician or local health department administering the required immunization; and other relevant information required by the Commission. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-155.1 (2006) § 130A-155.1. Submission of certificate to college or universities. (a) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, no person shall attend a college or

university, whether public, private, or religious, unless a certificate of immunization or a record of immunization from a high school located in North Carolina indicating that the person has received immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152 is presented to the college or university. This section shall not apply to educational institutions established under Chapter 115D of the General Statutes, or to students registering only in off-campus courses, or to students attending night or weekend classes only, or to students taking a course load of four credit hours or less and residing off campus. The person shall present a certificate or record of immunization on or before the date the person first registers for a quarter or semester during which the student will reside on the campus or first registers for more than four credit hours to the registrar of the college or university. If a certificate or record of immunization is not in the possession of the college or university on

the date of first registration, the college or university shall present a notice of deficiency to the person. The person shall have 30 calendar days from the date of the person's first registration to obtain the required immunization. If immunization requires a series of doses and the period necessary to give the vaccine at standard intervals extends beyond the date of the first registration, the student shall be allowed to attend the college or university upon written certification by a physician that the standard series is in progress. The physician shall state the time period needed to complete the series. Upon termination of this time period, the college or university shall not permit the person to continue in attendance unless the required immunization has been obtained. (B) The college or university shall maintain on file immunization records for all persons attending the school which contain the information required for a certificate of

immunization as specified in G.S. 130A-154. These certificates shall be open to inspection by the Department and the local health department during normal business hours. When a person transfers to another college or university, the college or university which the person previously attended shall, upon request, send a copy of the person's immunization record at no charge to the college or university to which the person has transferred. © Within 60 calendar days after the commencement of a new school year, the college or university shall file an immunization report with the Department. The report shall be filed on forms prepared by the Department and shall state the number of persons attending the school or facility, the number of persons who had not obtained the required immunization within 30 days of their first attendance, the number of persons who received a medical exemption and the number of persons who received a religious

exemption. (d) Repealed by Session Laws 1999-110, s. 5. (1985, c. 692, s. 1; 1987, c. 782, s. 17; 1991, c. 381, s. 1; 1999-110, s. 5.) N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-156 (2006) § 130A-156. Medical exemption The Commission for Health Services shall adopt by rule medical contraindications to immunizations required by G.S. 130A-152. If a physician licensed to practice medicine in this State certifies that a required immunization is or may be detrimental to a person's health due to the presence of one of the contraindications adopted by the Commission, the person is not required to receive the specified immunization as long as the contraindication persists. The State Health Director may, upon request by a physician licensed to practice medicine in this State, grant a medical exemption to a required immunization for a contraindication not on the list adopted by the

Commission. N.C. Gen. Stat. § 130A-157 (2006) § 130A-157. Religious exemption If the bona fide religious beliefs of an adult or the parent, guardian or person in loco parentis of a child are contrary to the immunization requirements contained in this Chapter, the adult or the child shall be exempt from the requirements. Upon submission of a written statement of the bona fide religious beliefs and opposition to the immunization requirements, the person may attend the college, university, school or facility without presenting a certificate of immunization. TITLE 10A. HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICESCHAPTER 41. EPIDEMIOLOGY HEALTHSUBCHAPTER 41A. COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROLSection .0400 - IMMUNIZATION 10A NCAC 41A.0401 (2006) .0401 DOSAGE AND AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR IMMUNIZATION (a) Every individual in North Carolina required to be immunized pursuant to G.S. 130A-152 through 130A-157 shall be immunized against the following diseases by receiving the specified minimum doses of vaccines by the specified ages: (1) Diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough vaccine-five doses: three doses by age seven months and two booster doses, one by age 19 months and the second on or after the fourth birthday and before enrolling in school for the first time. However: (A) Individuals who receive the first booster dose of diphtheria, tetanus, and whooping cough vaccine on or after the fourth birthday are not required to have a second booster dose;(B) Individuals attending colleges and universities are required to have three doses of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid, one of which must have

been within the last 10 years. Those individuals enrolling in college or university for the first time on or after July 1, 2008 must have had three doses of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid and a booster dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine if a tetanus/diphtheria toxoid or tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine has not been administered within the past 10 years. A dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine is not required for any student over the age of 64 years;© A booster dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine is required for individuals attending public school who are entering the sixth grade on or after August 1, 2008, if five years or more have passed since the last dose of tetanus/diphtheria toxoid. A booster dose of tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis vaccine is required for individuals not attending public schools who are 12 years of age on or after August 1, 2008, if five years or more have passed since the last dose of

tetanus/diphtheria toxoid. However, pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine is not required for individuals between 7 years of age through the fifth grade for those attending public schools and 7 through 12 years of age for those not attending public schools. (2) Poliomyelitis vaccine--four doses: two doses of trivalent type by age five months; a third dose trivalent type before age 19 months, and a booster dose of trivalent type before enrolling in school for the first time. However: (A) An individual attending school who has attained his or her 18th birthday is not required to receive polio vaccine;(B) Individuals who receive the third dose of poliomyelitis vaccine on or after the fourth birthday are not required to receive a fourth dose;© The requirements for booster doses of poliomyelitis vaccine do not apply to individuals who enrolled for the first time in the first grade before

July 1, 1987. (3) Measles (rubeola) vaccine--two doses of live, attenuated vaccine administered at least 28 days apart: one dose on or after age 12 months and before age 16 months and a second dose before enrolling in school for the first time. However: (A) An individual who has been documented by serological testing to have a protective antibody titer against measles is not required to receive measles vaccine;(B) An individual who has been diagnosed prior to January 1, 1994, by a physician licensed to practice medicine as having measles (rubeola) disease is not required to receive measles vaccine;© An individual born prior to 1957 is not required to receive measles vaccine;(D) The requirement for a second dose of measles vaccine does not apply to individuals who enroll in school or in college or university for the first time before July 1, 1994. (4) Rubella vaccine--one dose of live, attenuated vaccine on or after age 12 months and before age 16 months. However: (A) An individual who has been documented by serologic testing to have a protective antibody titer against rubella is not required to receive rubella vaccine;(B) An individual who has attained his or her fiftieth birthday is not required to receive rubella vaccine except in outbreak situations;© An individual who entered a college or university after his or her thirtieth birthday and before February 1, 1989 is not required to meet the requirement for rubella vaccine except in outbreak situations. (5) Mumps vaccine--one dose of live, attenuated vaccine administered on or after age 12 months and before age 16 months and a second dose before enrolling in school, college or university for the first time. However: (A) An individual born prior to 1957 is not required to receive mumps vaccine;(B) The requirements for mumps vaccine do not apply to individuals who enrolled for the first time in the first grade before July 1, 1987 or in college or university before July 1, 1994;© An individual who has been documented by serological testing to have a protective antibody titer against mumps is not required to receive mumps vaccine;(D) An individual entering school, college or university prior to July 1, 2008 is not required to receive a second dose of mumps vaccine. (6) Haemophilus influenzae, b, conjugate vaccine--three doses of HbOC or PRP-T or two doses of PRP-OMP before age seven months and a booster dose of any type on or after age 12 months and by age 16 months. However: (A) Individuals born before October 1, 1988 are not required to be vaccinated against Haemophilus

influenzae, b;(B) Individuals who receive the first dose of Haemophilus influenzae, b, vaccine on or after 12 months of age and before 15 months of age are required to have only two doses of HbOC, PRP-T or PRP-OMP;© Individuals who receive the first dose of Haemophilus influenzae, b, vaccine on or after 15 months of age are required to have only one dose of any of the Haemophilus influenzae conjugate vaccines, including PRP-D;(D) No individual who has passed their fifth birthday is required to be vaccinated against Haemophilus influenzae, b. (7) Hepatitis B vaccine--three doses: one dose by age three months, a second dose before age five months and a third dose by age 19 months. However: (A) The last dose of the hepatitis B vaccine series shall not be administered prior to 24 weeks of age;(B) Individuals born before July 1, 1994 are not required to be vaccinated against

hepatitis B. (8) Varicella vaccine--1 dose administered on or after age 12 months and before age 19 months. However: (A) An individual with a laboratory test indicating immunity or with a history of varicella disease, documented by a health care provider, parent, guardian or person in loco parentis is not required to receive varicella vaccine. Serologic proof of immunity or documentation of previous illness must be presented whenever a certificate of immunization is required by North Carolina General Statute. The documentation shall include the name of the individual with a history of varicella disease and the approximate date or age of infection. Previous illness shall be documented by: (i) a written statement from a health care provider documented on or attached to the lifetime immunization card or certificate of immunization; or(ii) a written

statement from the individual's parent, guardian or person in loco parentis attached to the lifetime immunization card or certificate of immunization. (B) An individual born prior to April 1, 2001 is not required to receive varicella vaccine. (B) The healthcare provider shall administer immunizations in accordance with this Rule. However, if a healthcare provider administers vaccine up to and including the fourth day prior to the required minimum age, the individual dose is not required to be repeated. Doses administered more than 4 days prior to the requirements are considered invalid doses and shall be repeated. © The State Health Director may suspend temporarily any portion of the requirements of this Rule due to emergency conditions, such as the unavailability of vaccine. The Department shall give notice in writing to all local health departments

and other providers currently receiving vaccine from the Department when the suspension takes effect and when the suspension is lifted. When any vaccine series is disrupted by such a suspension, the next dose shall be administered within 90 days of the lifting of the suspension and the series resumed in accordance with intervals determined by the most recent recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. 10A NCAC 41A.0403 (2006) .0403 NON-RELIGIOUS PERSONAL BELIEF NO EXEMPTION Except as provided in G.S. 130A-156 and G.S. 130A-157, and 10A NCAC 41A .0404 and .0405, no child shall be exempt from the requirements of 10A NCAC 41 .0401; there is no exception to these requirements for the case of apersonal belief or philosophy of a parent or guardian not founded upon a religious belief. 10A NCAC 41A.0404 (2006) .0404 MEDICAL EXEMPTIONS FROM IMMUNIZATION (a) Certification of a medical exemption by a physician pursuant to G.S. 130A-156 shall be in writing and shall state the basis of the exemption, the specific vaccine or vaccines the individual should not receive, and the length of time the exemption will apply for the individual. (B) Medical contraindications for which medical exemptions may be certified by a physician for immunizations are included in the most recent General Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, Public Health Services, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, published in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention publication, the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, which is adopted by reference including subsequent amendments and additions. A copy is available for inspection in the Immunization Section at 1330 St. 's Street, Raleigh,

North Carolina. Internet access is available by searching www.cdc.gov/nip.

Guest guest

Unless I'm mistaken there is no mandatory law that says infants have

too have vaccines. Until there are school age tall vaccines are

recommended. What you might run into is The pediatrician may refuse to

keep your Dtr. as a pateint. I'm sure there are alternative MD's in NC.

Peggy

-- In no-forced-vaccination , " " <wcjslee@...>

wrote:

>

> vaccines she gets, will I still be able to-well let's face it, I'll

be

> lying-to the school system about opting out based on religious

reasons?

> Thanks!

> L.

>

Guest guest

Unless I'm mistaken there is no mandatory law that says infants have

too have vaccines. Until there are school age tall vaccines are

recommended. What you might run into is The pediatrician may refuse to

keep your Dtr. as a pateint. I'm sure there are alternative MD's in NC.

Peggy

-- In no-forced-vaccination , " " <wcjslee@...>

wrote:

>

be

reasons?

> Thanks!

> L.

>

Guest guest

If you read the exemption law that Dr. Todd posted you will see it

states exemptions for attending school. Up to that point the only thing

you have to say is NO! You could buy yourself some time by just telling

the Ped you want to delay. In the meantime just look for another MD. My

granddaughter has insurance. I pay out of pocket for her yearly check-

ups because the MD I take her to is not on her insurance. He never

hassels me about vaccines. She has a religious exemption for school. I

still ru into problems now and then. Like when she needed ear tubes.

The hospital wanted her vaccine history along wiht a physical right

before the proceedure. I crossed out the vaccine list that was on the

medical form. When I went in for the preop the RN started to give me a

bunch of shit. I simply told her that my granddaughters vaccie status

had nothing to do with tubes in her ears. She then told me it was

hospital policy for anyone having surgery to be up to date on vaccines.

I told her to show me the policy in writing because I knew that was

bullshit. Of course she couldn't. She continued to argue with me. I got

fed up and told her if she didn't back off I was going to call my

attorney. Guess what? She backed off. People really need to learn the

laws and not be afraid to defend their rights. Half of the intimidation

that goes on is becasue we let them get away with it. I was questioned

by a school nurse about my religious exemption. I told her to read the

law that was on the exemption. When she continued I told her if she had

a problem to have the schools attorney contact my attorney and walked

away. Is best not to get into a pissing contest with these people who

think they have some kind of authority that they don't. The more you

argue with them the more they believe thay have the right to question

you. The school, and the hospital RN had absolutely no authority to

challenge my decision. When they figured out I knew that they backed

off.

Peggy

>

be

reasons?

> Thanks!

> L.

>

Guest guest

If you read the exemption law that Dr. Todd posted you will see it

states exemptions for attending school. Up to that point the only thing

you have to say is NO! You could buy yourself some time by just telling

the Ped you want to delay. In the meantime just look for another MD. My

granddaughter has insurance. I pay out of pocket for her yearly check-

ups because the MD I take her to is not on her insurance. He never

hassels me about vaccines. She has a religious exemption for school. I

still ru into problems now and then. Like when she needed ear tubes.

The hospital wanted her vaccine history along wiht a physical right

before the proceedure. I crossed out the vaccine list that was on the

medical form. When I went in for the preop the RN started to give me a

bunch of shit. I simply told her that my granddaughters vaccie status

had nothing to do with tubes in her ears. She then told me it was

hospital policy for anyone having surgery to be up to date on vaccines.

I told her to show me the policy in writing because I knew that was

bullshit. Of course she couldn't. She continued to argue with me. I got

fed up and told her if she didn't back off I was going to call my

attorney. Guess what? She backed off. People really need to learn the

laws and not be afraid to defend their rights. Half of the intimidation

that goes on is becasue we let them get away with it. I was questioned

by a school nurse about my religious exemption. I told her to read the

law that was on the exemption. When she continued I told her if she had

a problem to have the schools attorney contact my attorney and walked

away. Is best not to get into a pissing contest with these people who

think they have some kind of authority that they don't. The more you

argue with them the more they believe thay have the right to question

you. The school, and the hospital RN had absolutely no authority to

challenge my decision. When they figured out I knew that they backed

off.

Peggy

>

be

reasons?

> Thanks!

> L.

>

Guest guest

I agree - I have 4 children - the first was partially vaccinated. We

have used the religious exemption in both VA and here in NY; however,

THE FIRST TIME you will encounter the need to use it will be when

your children sign up for school or camp.

My kids are all homeschooled - ranging from 20 to 10, and the only

times we have had to write a letter was for camp and then later for

colleges. The colleges responded with a letter (obviously they are

well prepared) that states that if there is an outbreak of any of the

diseases which my child is not vaccinated for, then she will be sent

home until the contagion is cleared.

I would probably have wanted her home anyway - - -

You do not have to vaccinate infants.

Theresa from Ithaca

On Jun 9, 2008, at 7:58 AM, Peggy Rose wrote:

> ,

> Unless I'm mistaken there is no mandatory law that says infants have

> too have vaccines. Until there are school age tall vaccines are

> recommended. What you might run into is The pediatrician may refuse to

> keep your Dtr. as a pateint. I'm sure there are alternative MD's in

> NC.

> Peggy

>

> -- In no-forced-vaccination , " " <wcjslee@...>

> wrote:

> >

> > I have been doing some research on opting out of vaccines for my 2

> > month old daughter, who is schedualed to get the DTaP shot tomorrow.

> > From what I can find out, NC law does not allow parents to opt

> out of

> > vaccines based on philisophocal reasons, only medical and religous.

> > I don't want her to get the Diptheria or Tiphiod shot, onlt the

> > Pertussis shot. (I don't want the cocktail). If I pick and choose

> the

> > vaccines she gets, will I still be able to-well let's face it, I'll

> be

> > lying-to the school system about opting out based on religious

> reasons?

> > Thanks!

> > L.

> >

>

>

>

Guest guest

I agree - I have 4 children - the first was partially vaccinated. We

have used the religious exemption in both VA and here in NY; however,

THE FIRST TIME you will encounter the need to use it will be when

your children sign up for school or camp.

My kids are all homeschooled - ranging from 20 to 10, and the only

times we have had to write a letter was for camp and then later for

colleges. The colleges responded with a letter (obviously they are

well prepared) that states that if there is an outbreak of any of the

diseases which my child is not vaccinated for, then she will be sent

home until the contagion is cleared.

I would probably have wanted her home anyway - - -

You do not have to vaccinate infants.

Theresa from Ithaca

On Jun 9, 2008, at 7:58 AM, Peggy Rose wrote:

> ,

> Unless I'm mistaken there is no mandatory law that says infants have

> too have vaccines. Until there are school age tall vaccines are

> recommended. What you might run into is The pediatrician may refuse to

> keep your Dtr. as a pateint. I'm sure there are alternative MD's in

> NC.

> Peggy

>

> -- In no-forced-vaccination , " " <wcjslee@...>

> wrote:

> >

> > I have been doing some research on opting out of vaccines for my 2

> > month old daughter, who is schedualed to get the DTaP shot tomorrow.

> > From what I can find out, NC law does not allow parents to opt

> out of

> > vaccines based on philisophocal reasons, only medical and religous.

> > I don't want her to get the Diptheria or Tiphiod shot, onlt the

> > Pertussis shot. (I don't want the cocktail). If I pick and choose

> the

> > vaccines she gets, will I still be able to-well let's face it, I'll

> be

> > lying-to the school system about opting out based on religious

> reasons?

> > Thanks!

> > L.

> >

>

>

>

Guest guest

Peggy,

You are great!! You sound like a kindred spirit as I have had to educate and

inform school nurses and other 'authorities' about my rights as a parent NOT

to vaccinate. It's the SOS and they like to throw their weight around and when

I refuse to back down, they don't know what to think. I love being a burr under

their saddle and have informed and educated many parents over the past 20

years about their rights and vaccine dangers. The 'I trust my doctor' mantra

I continually hear just blows me away. I ask them, 'do you read food labels?'

"of course' is the answer. And then I ask, 'do you read the insert labels for

the vaccines?' I have yet to hear of one parent who has and the sheep

mentality is unbelievable. My friend said that basically if they don't

do their homework, then unfortunately, they (their children) suffer the results

and she doesn't feel sorry for them. I'm in agreement, although I hate to

see unhealthy, sick kids who are damaged by vaccines which are numerous

these days. My friends who are teachers are overwhelmed w/the special needs

kids they have in their classrooms and one teacher commented that the rise in

vaccines is the only factor that she has found to be the cause.

I applaud your standing your ground and letting these people have it. I never give

my power away and challenge both school officials, legislators, and others who

think that vaccines are necessary to being healthy. Nothing could be further from

the truth.

Carry on!

Guest guest

Peggy,

I applaud your standing your ground and letting these people have it. I never give

think that vaccines are necessary to being healthy. Nothing could be further from

the truth.

Carry on!

Guest guest

I applaud her as well. But to not care about parents who don't read the inserts is not right. I didn't even know there were inserts as a young first time mother, or how or where to request them from. ALL they gave me at the time was their BS pamphlets on the safety of them. There is nothing on their pamphlets about arthritis!

If I tell a parent about an insert and they still choose not to read it, well not much we can do, but we still need to tell them.

Re: religious standings?

Peggy,

the truth.

Carry on!

Guest guest

I applaud her as well. But to not care about parents who don't read the inserts is not right. I didn't even know there were inserts as a young first time mother, or how or where to request them from. ALL they gave me at the time was their BS pamphlets on the safety of them. There is nothing on their pamphlets about arthritis!

If I tell a parent about an insert and they still choose not to read it, well not much we can do, but we still need to tell them.

Re: religious standings?

Peggy,

the truth.

Carry on!

Guest guest

Hi Theresa,

I live in VA and wanted to find out more of what you were sharing

regarding your experience. Although we are not required to vaccinate

children until school (I plan to homeschool as well), the pediatric

doctors require vaccination to participate in their practice which

seems illegal to me, but I was thinking to provide them with our

religious exemption form, or change doctors totally to our family

doctor, who is less strict but still encourages it.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

> > >

> > > I have been doing some research on opting out of vaccines for

my 2

> > > month old daughter, who is schedualed to get the DTaP shot

tomorrow.

> > > From what I can find out, NC law does not allow parents to opt

> > out of

> > > vaccines based on philisophocal reasons, only medical and

religous.

> > > I don't want her to get the Diptheria or Tiphiod shot, onlt the