Chuck

You wrote:

>

> ... Saravanan, et al., found 13% of all folks treated for hypothyroidism

> were not happy with their therapy....

I would bet that a significant fraction of the dissatisfied 13% were

simply given the wrong dose.

Chuck

....and in the TPA-UK Hypothyroid Patients Survey,when asked of those patients undergoing L-thyroxine therapy, "Do you feel that you have fully regained your optimal state of health?", out of 1500 participants, 1176 (78.4%) answered "No". This is the reason why the hundreds of Internet hypothyroid patients support groups are packed out with sufferers needing to find the reason why they are not. We know the answers, why don't the doctors?

Luv - Sheila

>> ,> > You wrote:> > > > ... Saravanan, et al., found 13% of all folks treated for hypothyroidism> > were not happy with their therapy....> > I would bet that a significant fraction of the dissatisfied 13% were > simply given the wrong dose.> > Chuck>

Chuck, what is measured other than TSH that would show whether conversion is taking place or not?

Sheila

jenny,You wrote:> ....How can you tell if conversion is taking place if it is not > tested for?...Because in the MANY studies published, they measured a lot more than TSH. In fact, it seems that every time they invent or improve a test, they start a new study to use it.Chuck

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.7.0/1681 - Release Date: 19/09/2008 15:54

We know the answers, why don't the doctors?<<<

Because doctors do not believe us. When we say we feel better on T3 or Armour they say it is all anecdotal - the placebo effect - all in the mind. They even did tests to show that T3 and Armour does not work - but didn't take into consideration that all the patients felt better on it.

Makes you wonder why they bothered to even ask them if they were not going to take any notice of it. Perhaps they were hoping that the patients would confirm their 'findings' and say there was no difference, but they didn't, so as it was not what they wanted to hear they ignored it.

How many times do we read that researches tend to ignore the findings they do not want to hear. Perhaps that happened with the TSH test originally.

It s so much easier too for the doctors to just write a blood test form and get you out of the surgery in a couple of minutes, then to read the results that say normal and you are dealt with in a couple of minutes. He doesn't see the miseries you are going through and probably doesn't believe everything you tell him anyway. After all you must be exagerating when you say you spend all day in bed. And if not, that is a sign for depression and as your TSH is 'normal' then that is what you are suffering from.

Lilian

• 11 months later...

I am in marching band at my high school. And I was confronted by my band

director on how kids are starting to resent me because I can't do things like

run or do push-ups due to my JRA. So my parents and I talked to him about

options to change that. And my parents gave him the suggestion that I go up in

front of the band and explain what I have and why I don't do certain things.

I am just not sure on what to tell them and what not to tell them. Anyone have

advice on what would be probably the easiest method and maybe what details I

should include giving my speech?

:

I agee with Michele and it was very well said.  For the longest time, Hannah did

not tell anyone about her issues either.  However, as she is getting older, kids

really do understand and she will now tell anyone who asks.  She does tell

people pretty much what Michele suggested and 99% of kids understand.  She is a

dancer and will wear her knee braces even when performing and every kid in the

troupe understands and there are over 70 kids she performs with.  Good luck and

just remember to be honest.

Beth & Hannah, 12, OA, HMJS; asthma; allergies; vitamin d deficiency

Beth :)

" We can't direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails " -author unknown

" " < >

Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 10:41:01 AM

Subject: RE: Advice?

That is actually a pretty good idea. Once the other kids know what you face,

most of them will begin to understand. I would suggest that you give a short

background on JA and explain that is an autoimmune disease, like diabetes. It's

not the arthritis that you get as you get older. That some days you feel ok, and

others you have alot of pain. You are working on getting it in remission with

meds, but until then, there will be some things you just can't do. Let them know

you will always do the best you can on that day - you won't slack off just

because.

I have coached kids for a long time and found that when the other kids on the

team know about someone's limitations they do understand and step up to help.

When my son's teammates knew he was having a bad day during volleyball they

would all work extra hard on the court because they knew he was trying his

hardest, but he just could not move the way they could that day. Baseball was

the same for him. The guys really stepped up.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes. Just a thought, some of your bandmates

may not " get it " , but most will I bet. You cannot change or control what others

think or how they act, only how you act and think. You know that you will always

do your best, and that is what matters most. Michele ( 22, spondy)

____________ _________ _________ __

kiml1994

Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 12:03 AM

@group s.com

Subject: Advice?

I am in marching band at my high school. And I was confronted by my band

director on how kids are starting to resent me because I can't do things like

run or do push-ups due to my JRA. So my parents and I talked to him about

options to change that. And my parents gave him the suggestion that I go up in

front of the band and explain what I have and why I don't do certain things.

I am just not sure on what to tell them and what not to tell them. Anyone have

advice on what would be probably the easiest method and maybe what details I

should include giving my speech?

• 1 year later...

Hi Les,We did about what you explained in your email and some. We did put down diatomaceous earth for a while too, wrapped bed legs in fly paper and all the other things recommended by birdmites.org. We did it all, plus our own innovations. Sprayed all our walls; got rid of ALL carpets and rugs, even expensive ones went to the dump (2 large rented truck loads), 2 new couches, most furniture - probably 70% of what we owned. I was getting bites all the time from books and paperwork too. I put books I wanted to keep in plastic bags. Some of the books I put heat to. You could put certain books in the oven at 150 degrees (no higher) on a middle rack in the oven (of course no plastics) and this goes for clothing too and let it cook for 1 hour. Then seal them in bags and put back on your bookshelf. I did this oven technique with husband's denim work pants every wash because we couldn't get the mites out of the waistbands. Also recommended IF YOU CAN is get a steam press for clothing... I bought a Singer--it steams the heck out of clothing and kills everything. Never had contaminated clothing after that. Or you could iron paperbacks if thin enough. Paper does fine under an iron without steam. Hardbound would go into the oven. Freezing these does not work.I know how discouraging this is. We have few symptoms now and I haven't gotten a bite upstairs and only an occasional bite in a year or more now. Got some bites when the spiders came in, but no invasion like what happened 2 years ago. The diatomaceous earth is newly placed around the sliding glass door in my office undisturbed. It does kill spiders and other bugs. Also use the Orange Guard for stray bugs around the house. Also put DE down on the deck outside the office. Had a problem with no-see-ums for years, so don't even open that door anymore.Best of luck. God bless. advice?

I'm feeling very discourages today and need as much advice as I can get. We have a big house and have about half of it stripped, cleaned, and sprayed now. The crawlies are still bothering me almost all of the time. How did you all get your environments clean? Do you have to throw away everything? Our books are the big thing for me... I'm hoping to be able to keep some. Have any of you tried the Shanspirations protocol? If so, was it successful? We sprayed what we could with bifen/nylar and plan to repeat in two weeks with bioneem/nylar... Should I be mopping and vacuuming everyday - everywhere? I'm washing our clothes with borax and ammonia - drying for an hour on high, etc. Never wearing the same thing twice, washing our bedding everyday, etc. What else should I be doing?? I get so confused by the many protocols that I don't know what is right anymore. Things will get more tolerable and then get bad again... I'm not sure which way is up anymore.Thank you.