RemedySpot.com

Green Tea

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Edited to correct top post and trimmed..............(the dots are getting longer

and I can feel a Toppin'an'Tailin' coming on folks...)

> Sunrose Aromatics has a very nice green tea absolute

> which is very thick and somewhat difficult to work

> with. I am not sure if the IFRA considers it safe at

> the moment or not. I also think clary sage has a

> tea-like scent. I have been working with these and

> things that go well with tea like honey absolute (or

> beeswax absolute) and jasmine. Possibly a little

> spearmint or some lemony things. I don't quite have

> what I'm looking for yet so maybe some more

> experienced perfumers will weigh in. Good luck!

>

yes I like minty and sage scents too!

PR

The-Complaint-Station

Guest guest

Edited to correct top post and trimmed..............(the dots are getting longer

and I can feel a Toppin'an'Tailin' coming on folks...)

> Sunrose Aromatics has a very nice green tea absolute

> which is very thick and somewhat difficult to work

> with. I am not sure if the IFRA considers it safe at

> the moment or not. I also think clary sage has a

> tea-like scent. I have been working with these and

> things that go well with tea like honey absolute (or

> beeswax absolute) and jasmine. Possibly a little

> spearmint or some lemony things. I don't quite have

> what I'm looking for yet so maybe some more

> experienced perfumers will weigh in. Good luck!

>

yes I like minty and sage scents too!

PR

The-Complaint-Station

Guest guest

>

> Has anyone tried this scent in any of their concoctions?

> Thanks

> PR

>

I have not made anything with the Green Tea scent, but I have made MP

soap with Green Tea in it, with a sage green coloring, eucalyptus and

spearmint scents. It was OK. It was one of my first batches of soap.

Anita B.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Greetings everyone--

I tried green tea in the form of lozenges and extracts. On both occasion it

seems that my WBC reacted by going up dramatically. It may have been a

co-incidence. But I was not taking any chances and stopped both. When I drink

green tea now it is when I have an occasional cup of tea.

Ramez Kutrieh, dx 4/2005 two rounds of prednisolone and now on the third round.

Guest guest

Interesting how different we all are. Dr.Castro in San Diego even

asked me if I was using green tea, which I do and my numbers have

been stable for a year and am just on W & W status. I am taking other

supplements, but green tea was it for quite a while.

Take good care,

>

> Greetings everyone--

>

> I tried green tea in the form of lozenges and extracts. On both

occasion it seems that my WBC reacted by going up dramatically. It

may have been a co-incidence. But I was not taking any chances and

stopped both. When I drink green tea now it is when I have an

occasional cup of tea.

>

> Ramez Kutrieh, dx 4/2005 two rounds of prednisolone and now on the

third round.

>

Guest guest

What other supplements? I am allergic to

caffeine and cannot drink tea – green or otherwise.

Bonnie

Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 9:36 AM

Subject: Re:green tea

Interesting how different we all are. Dr.Castro in San

Diego even

asked me if I was using green tea, which I do and my numbers have

been stable for a year and am just on W & W status. I am taking other

supplements, but green tea was it for quite a while.

Take good care,

>

> Greetings everyone--

>

> I tried green tea in the form of lozenges and extracts. On both

occasion it seems that my WBC reacted by going up dramatically. It

may have been a co-incidence. But I was not taking any chances and

stopped both. When I drink green tea now it is when I have an

occasional cup of tea.

>

> Ramez Kutrieh, dx 4/2005 two rounds of prednisolone and now on the

third round.

>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

> Has any one brewed k-tea with only green tea? How was it?

>

Great! That's all I have been using. Haven't gotten around to trying

the black tea I bought.

Dorothy

Guest guest

I just did a bred of green tea- which is very light in color- when I

added fruit- the

jars with Strawberries turned red, while the one's with blueberries

turned more " blue " .

I am actually doing my first brew of black tea- so I don't know if I

will notice the color

of whatever fruit I add or not.

Cheryl

green tea

Has any one brewed k-tea with only green tea? How was it?

The k-tea that I see in the store, and indeed buy occasionally, can

be pink, yellow, green, and shades of purple. They have exactly what the

ingredients are on the label this one says

95% organic raw kombucha

concord grape juice and love.

So my question is how come it is purple. I know that grape juice can be

purple,

but when I add juice or fruit to my tea, I still have brown-ish tea,

with a purple

tinge, or pink-ish or what ever.

So what do you all think how do they do it? I don't really want to do it

I am

just interested in how?

Peace and Kombucha

J

Guest guest

>

> Can kombucha tea be brewed from green tea only, or does black tea have to be

present

to feed the scoby?

> Jane

My reading suggests that the scoby will thrive _better_ on green tea than black.

The tea

requires a little bit of caffeine. It uses that up. The finished brew has

something like 1/3

of the caffeine it had when fermentation began. Green has plenty for the

scoby's needs.

Guest guest

> My reading suggests that the scoby will thrive _better_ on green tea

than black. The tea

> requires a little bit of caffeine. It uses that up. The finished

brew has something like 1/3

> of the caffeine it had when fermentation began. Green has plenty

for the scoby's needs.

>

would you please share the source of your information? I have

been brewing kombucha for some time and have done a lot of research

about it, but don't recall ever seeing that it requires caffeine, or

uses it up.

As I understand it, caffeine stimulates the bacteria. How can it be

used up?

Rooibos (red tea) can also be used to brew kombucha, and contains no

caffeine at all. I have even brewed a batch with nothing but sugar,

elderberries and rose hips. It was tasty, but can't be brewed

repeatedly because Camellia Sinensis (black, green or white tea) is

needed to maintain the integrity of the scoby.

Anita

Guest guest

Hi ya-all,

I was also told, and had read, that the brewing process uses up most of

the caffeine, but that does not seem to be the case. One of the ways

that the caffeine is reduced, is that KT is typically brewed with teas

at 1/3 the strength as normal hot tea, thus the finished product has

about 1/3 the caffeine.

However, happyherbalist.com , suggests that about 25% can be used up

during ferment, if brewed long enough. But, yuck! I don't like my KT

to strong...:

http://www.happyherbalist.com/analysis_of_kombucha.htm

More info on caffeine here, as I'm sure you-all know already:

http://www.geocities.com/kombucha_balance/

pb_terrier

<snip>

> ...requires caffeine, or uses it up.

>

> As I understand it, caffeine stimulates the bacteria. How can it be

> used up?

<snip>

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest guest

CLL Topics sponsored a green tea trial at Mayo a few years ago. I do not recall the results, but they should be available on CLL Topics.

In a message dated 4/21/2010 5:23:12 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mljanket@... writes:

One of the things I've come across is the concern about fluoride content in the tea. Fluorine in excess can have toxic effects aplenty. Is anybody else having these concerns when taking green tea? I wanted to step up green tea intake but hit the fluoride roadblock instead. What to do?

Guest guest

I have taken green tea since I was diagnosed with CLL-SLL ten years ago. My platelets are down to 100 and 90% bone marrow involvement so now I have to start FCR next month. I am CD 38 mutated and Zap 70 negative.

Kay in CA.

In a message dated 4/20/2010 8:02:49 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, baker007@... writes:

Is anyone taking green tea for their CLL? If so what is your status as far as counts and nodes. Many people are doing very well with the green tea.

Guest guest

I took EGCG capsules for many months.

Finally decided to cut out the expense.

It did not stop my CLL from eventually

progressing. Who knows how much it

may have helped keep the CLL 'stable'

for a while?

wayne

From: baker007@... <baker007@...>Subject: green tea Date: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 10:02 PM

Is anyone taking green tea for their CLL? If so what is your status as far as counts and nodes. Many people are doing very well with the green tea.

Guest guest

Green Tea - Phase I Trial Results at Mayo Clinic

can be seen here:http://www.clltopics.org/Alert/direct_display_alert.php?reqnum=262

From: jb50192@... <jb50192@...>Subject: Re: green tea Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 9:28 AM

CLL Topics sponsored a green tea trial at Mayo a few years ago. I do not recall the results, but they should be available on CLL Topics.

In a message dated 4/21/2010 5:23:12 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mljanket (DOT) com writes:

One of the things I've come across is the concern about fluoride content in the tea. Fluorine in excess can have toxic effects aplenty. Is anybody else having these concerns when taking green tea? I wanted to step up green tea intake but hit the fluoride roadblock instead. What to do?

Guest guest

i have been for a while....oncologist says he believes it won't cure cancer...but it won't hurt either...i feel by taking it, at least i am doing something!!!...this w and w is the pits!

From: "baker007@..." <baker007@...> Sent: Tue, April 20, 2010 11:02:21 PMSubject: green tea

Guest guest

I debated on green tea benefits, but it looked to me from the Mayo study that it

could reduce platelets and irritate the liver in the mega doses. So, given that

high WBC on its own was not necessarily a trigger for treatment, I decided to

leave well enough alone. Plus there didn't seem to be a totally trustworthy

source for the tea capsules. Just my humble two cents worth.

And Adrienne, while W & W may seem like the pits, I'm happy to be in that pit for

the moment rather than in the chemo chair.

Lynn

>

> i have been for a while....oncologist says he believes it won't cure

cancer...but it won't hurt either...i feel by taking it, at least i am

doing something!!!...this w and w is the pits!

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: " baker007@... " <baker007@...>

>

> Sent: Tue, April 20, 2010 11:02:21 PM

> Subject: green tea

>

>  

> Is anyone taking green tea for their CLL? If so what is your status as far as

counts and nodes. Many people are doing very well with the green tea.

>

Guest guest

I've been taking 4,000 mg per day of EGCG. It has not stopped the increase of my WBC or growth of my nodes. From what I have read, green tea has a modest effect on CLL, and for many people it doesn't slow down disease progression. You can read the clinical trials currently being conducted.

Ron

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Dave - that is one of the more important posts I have seen on this issue. Please share with us what it is that you buy (incl. brand name), how safe you think it is, and what dosage you have been taking. Thanks,

In a message dated 6/6/2010 5:16:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dvd_pulley@... writes:

:I buy the extract in capsules from Vitacost. I take three a day which is 1500 mg. It is produced by NSI. I let the capsules disolve in my mouth thinking that the extract will get to the bloodstream.Dr. Byrd did not recommend the green tea. I just mentioned his name because he recruited my first Oncologist from Hospital in St. Louis to work with him. But my current Oncologist in St. Louis consults with Dr. Byrd on a regular basis as they are apparently friends. The current Oncologist definitely supports the use of the Green Tea. As he says, you can't argue with success. My lymphs were as high as 193,000 and percentage was 93%. As of this week, absolute counts are 128,000 and percentage is 75% All other counts are normal. Some say the green Tea reduces platelets. Mine were at a low of 140 and most recently 251. But the confounding thing about this disease is that although the Green Tea extract seems to be working for me, it might do nothing for someone else. And sometimes I wonder if it is the Green Tea or maybe just luck. Or maybe Brocolli. I read something that Brocolli will kill the bad cells. I eat a salad every day with a lot of Broccoli.Anyone that says this is the good Cancer is way off base. Just trying to figure out what might work with this disease will really get to a person.Last thing. I was a little harsh in my earlier posts on Doctors. They are the good guys. They keep us alive. They can make mistakes, but I believe they want what is best for their patients. A perfect example is our Dr. Furman. He gives us his time to answer questions and he gets nothing for that time. I am sure he is a very busy guy, yet he takes the time for to help us all.Dave

Guest guest

Dave:

Would you mind telling me how long you have had cll and have you ever had treatment? I was diagnosed in 02 and took green tea and all counts went to normal until 6 months ago. I started green tea

again but doesn't seem to be working as well now.

zThank you mario

Green Tea

:I buy the extract in capsules from Vitacost. I take three a day which is 1500 mg. It is produced by NSI. I let the capsules disolve in my mouth thinking that the extract will get to the bloodstream.Dr. Byrd did not recommend the green tea. I just mentioned his name because he recruited my first Oncologist from Hospital in St. Louis to work with him. But my current Oncologist in St. Louis consults with Dr. Byrd on a regular basis as they are apparently friends. The current Oncologist definitely supports the use of the Green Tea. As he says, you can't argue with success. My lymphs were as high as 193,000 and percentage was 93%. As of this week, absolute counts are 128,000 and percentage is 75% All other counts are normal. Some say the green Tea reduces platelets. Mine were at a low of 140 and most recently 251. But the confounding thing about this disease is that although the Green Tea extract seems to be working for me, it might do nothing for someone else. And sometimes I wonder if it is the Green Tea or maybe just luck. Or maybe Brocolli. I read something that Brocolli will kill the bad cells. I eat a salad every day with a lot of Broccoli.Anyone that says this is the good Cancer is way off base. Just trying to figure out what might work with this disease will really get to a person.Last thing. I was a little harsh in my earlier posts on Doctors. They are the good guys. They keep us alive. They can make mistakes, but I believe they want what is best for their patients. A perfect example is our Dr. Furman. He gives us his time to answer questions and he gets nothing for that time. I am sure he is a very busy guy, yet he takes the time for to help us all.Dave

Guest guest

Has anyone second thoughts about the fluoride level in green tea? Fluoride is getting tarred and feathered by some people concerned with its systemic effects.From: jb50192@... <jb50192@...>Subject: Re: Green Tea Date: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 6:31 PM

Dave - that is one of the more important posts I have seen on this issue. Please share with us what it is that you buy (incl. brand name), how safe you think it is, and what dosage you have been taking. Thanks,

In a message dated 6/6/2010 5:16:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dvd_pulley (DOT) com writes:

Guest guest

:

I am using Green Tea extract from NSI (Nutraceutical Sciences Institute). I buy it from Vitacost.com. The capsules are 500 mg and I take three a day. I learned about Vitacost and the capsules from someone here or at Acor.

, I want to thank you again for this website. I sometimes think that if this and the Acor site had not educated me as to this disease, I could now be dead. When the Doctor in 06 wanted to treat or the one in 08 wanted to treat, if not for the education here, I probably would have treated. But it was obvious that I didn't need treatment at those times when looking at the facts. Two more treatments and how many deleted T cells.

Thanks again,

Dave

From: "jb50192@..." <jb50192@...> Sent: Sun, June 6, 2010 4:31:46 PMSubject: Re: Green Tea

posts I have seen on this issue. Please shDave - that is one of the more important are with us what it is that you buy (incl. brand name), how safe you think it is, and what dosage you have been taking. Thanks,

In a message dated 6/6/2010 5:16:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dvd_pulley (DOT) com writes:

Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Guest guest

Mike:

I had no idea that fluoride was in the news. I have missed it's tarring and feathering. All I know is that I have fewer cavities than I had as a kid and that dentists are hurting for patients since kids don't get cavities. I had no idea that it was damaging my health. But I have CLL and if Green Tea keeps me from getting the poison pumped into my veins from chemo, then I will take the green tea with fluoride. Mike, I think it is all about priorities. CLL can kill us. I haven't seen anything yet that says fluoride will do the same.

Dave

From: michael janket <mljanket@...> Sent: Sun, June 6, 2010 5:10:24 PMSubject: Re: Green Tea

Has anyone second thoughts about the fluoride level in green tea? Fluoride is getting tarred and feathered by some people concerned with its systemic effects.

From: jb50192aol (DOT) com <jb50192aol (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Green Teagroups (DOT) comDate: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 6:31 PM

:I buy the extract in capsules from Vitacost. I take three a day which is 1500 mg. It is produced by NSI. I let the capsules disolve in my mouth thinking that the extract will get to the bloodstream.Dr. Byrd did not recommend the green tea. I just mentioned his name because he recruited my first Oncologist from Hospital in St. Louis to work with him. But my current Oncologist in St. Louis consults with Dr. Byrd on a regular basis as they are apparently friends. The current Oncologist definitely supports the use of the Green Tea. As he says, you can't argue with success. My lymphs were as high as 193,000 and percentage was 93%. As of this week, absolute counts are 128,000 and percentage is 75% All other counts are normal. Some say the green Tea reduces platelets. Mine were at a low of 140 and most recently 251. But the confounding thing about this disease is that although the Green Tea extract seems to be working for

me, it might do nothing for someone else. And sometimes I wonder if it is the Green Tea or maybe just luck. Or maybe Brocolli. I read something that Brocolli will kill the bad cells. I eat a salad every day with a lot of Broccoli.Anyone that says this is the good Cancer is way off base. Just trying to figure out what might work with this disease will really get to a person.Last thing. I was a little harsh in my earlier posts on Doctors. They are the good guys. They keep us alive. They can make mistakes, but I believe they want what is best for their patients. A perfect example is our Dr. Furman. He gives us his time to answer questions and he gets nothing for that time. I am sure he is a very busy guy, yet he takes the time for to help us all.Dave

Guest guest

I have added green tea, white tea, and an alkaline blend to my diet 2 - 3 times per day. I will be interested to see what my numbers are in September. Hollie