RemedySpot.com

Venting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Marie

Im going to make one last suggestion, and then Im going to shut up.

Dont quit treatment just yet.

Tomarrow go to the Hospital where your Clinical Trial is at, and ask for the SOCIAL SERVICES office, like Teri said.

Tell them what is going on.

love

don in ks

From: Rain Beau <annamariestitt@...>Subject: [ ] Venting" " < >Date: Monday, February 7, 2011, 10:58 PM

Hi all, i really am considering quiting treatment it seems like everything is against me i am on the street tomorrow i just cant heal with the constant stress its getting too much i was doing so well then the place that was gonna take me gave my space to someone else & they closed the office early & i didnt get my meds for tonigBlessed be marie---------Sent from AT & T's Wireless network using Mobile Email------------------------------------

The clinical trial is through kaiser i am not a kaiser member so i am not

eligible for their services. i tried this route

Blessed be marie---------

Sent from AT & T's Wireless network using Mobile Email

- [ ] Venting

" " < >

Date: Monday, February 7, 2011, 10:58 PM

Hi all, i really am considering quiting treatment it seems like everything is

against me i am on the street tomorrow i just cant heal with the constant stress

its getting too much i was doing so well then the place that was gonna take me

gave my space to someone else & they closed the office early & i didnt get my

meds for tonig

------------------------------------

Hi Marie

Im not understanding this I guess.

How did you get in the Clinical Trial then?

love

don in ks

From: Rain Beau <annamariestitt@...>Subject: [ ] Venting" " < >Date: Monday, February 7, 2011, 10:58 PMHi all, i

really am considering quiting treatment it seems like everything is against me i am on the street tomorrow i just cant heal with the constant stress its getting too much i was doing so well then the place that was gonna take me gave my space to someone else & they closed the office early & i didnt get my meds for tonigBlessed be marie---------Sent from AT & T's Wireless network using Mobile Email------------------------------------

marie... before you decide to quit treatment please consider this.  Currently you are on a clinical trial and there is a good chance you are getting the 3 drugs.  With this treatment your chance of cure and SVR is between 80 and 85%.  If you quit treatment now, two things are going to happen. 1.  The virus is going to come back... strong as ever and possibly mutated.  2.  Your chance of clearing if you go thru another round of treatment is going to go down by half.  On the 2 drug regime you would only have a 10% chance of clearing the virus, with all 3 drugs you would have a 40% chance.  

Also think about this, you are getting about 10 thousand dollars a month in medications for free right now thru the clinical trial.  If you quit, your only chance to clear the hep c virus will be on your own and you'd need health insurance.  Chances of another doctor even putting you on treatment will be slim because they will have known you quit once before.  

So here is the thing.. if you quit treatment then what?  Either way you still have the housing issue...  Either you have a housing issue while you are on treatment or you have a housing issue and you're not on treatment...

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Rain Beau <annamariestitt@...> wrote:

Hi all, i really am considering quiting treatment it seems like everything is against me i am on the street tomorrow i just cant heal with the constant stress its getting too much i was doing so well then the place that was gonna take me gave my space to someone else & they closed the office early & i didnt get my meds for tonig