Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Proper ways of breathing can cure serious diseases like asthma. One should pay attention to breathing along with practicing yoga asanas. Some important exercises are being mentioned below, which are helpful in controlling this disease.
1. Always sit straight. Whenever you stand, keep your back straight. Fold your lips in the manner they are folded to blow whistle. Then apply pressure and exhale. Count the breaths and slowly double the capacity to stop the breath but do not do it forcibly. Do not stop breath in between the process of inhaling and exhaling because irregular breathing pattern should not be followed in case of asthma.
2. If you are unable to breath and the shoulders and neck muscles become stiff then follow this technique. Bend the left ear downwards so that it touches the left shoulder, repeat the same technique with the right ear. Lift the shoulders in such a way that they touch both the ears. Slowly bring down the shoulders as far as possible and rotate them forward, backward, up and down in a circular motion. Keep the pace of rotation fast at sometimes and slow at other times. When the muscles get relaxed, the breathing also becomes normal and stops the irregular respiration pattern, congestion in the chest, and anxiety.
3. Lie down straight and keep a book on the stomach. Breath through the diaphragm and see that the book moves upwards when you exhale and comes down when you inhale. This exercise should be done everyday for five minutes, it improves the health of the lungs and strengthens the muscles. Gradually increase the duration of the exercise and the weight on the stomach.
A simple exercise to expand the skeleton:
1. Spread the legs equal to the distance of the shoulders, take the hands forwards and exhale, then spread the hands and take them on either side of the body and then backwards. Keep the elbows on the back and try to expand the skeleton and inhale slowly.
2. Spread the legs equal to the distance of the shoulders and stand straight. Now lift both the hands upwards and try to contract the body in the same position. Take slow and deep breaths in this position. You should feel that the skeleton is moving above the spine. Exhale while bringing down the hands and concentrate only on exhaling.