RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Photos

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From: LMay <mark9_41cupofwater@...>Subject: photos Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 8:24 AM

Hi, Jo Lynne I am trying to do something out of my comfort zone. I am so scared that I will mess this puter up. My husband got it for me so I would have something to do and maybe a way to connect with people while he is gone most of the summer. Thank You so much I would not have had the courage to try with out your imput. I talked to my husband about it and he said if I mess it up just call Ken. They don't have the little pictures just the stationary Now some info on me I am 58 years young and I have told everybody that middle age is not until 60. And with all my problems I can't help remembering a man that had been in WWII and had lost his legs and he made a platform on wheels that he pushed his self around on. He would not say quit. So I will never say quit. I will be like my mom and fight until my

last breath Love Yourself Lovely LMay

Guest guest

, I haven't seen a post from you in a long time, but I have been praying for you and every day.

How is doing? What does he do now that he is out of school? Karac will be 17 next month and

I am wondering what is ahead. Love and blessings, Pat K

Photos

I just uploaded 's pictures. It is hard getting pictures of him because he "hams up" or refuses them. I need to get a current picture of him. The last photo I got of him, at his high school graduation, he had his hands covering his eyes and ears -- didn't want a picture done.

I posted a favorite photo of mine, when he was 8 years old. He always had peaches-n-cream complexion and this photo captured it. For those that do not know, is now 23 years old. He is my 6'4" gentle giant-----most of the time.

Guest guest

is still home with us. Right now, I cannot get any of the day programs

to take him. He has had behavior issues in the past and the day programs that I

have interviewed won't tolerate it at all, and they are asking me to attend with

him, which gives me no break at all. So far, he has done pretty good at home.

We have our up and down days, but not the huge meltdowns like we used to have

years ago--thankfully. I have to keep him on meds in order for him to remain

home. These last few days, he has been having " all nighters " and manages to go

without hardly any sleep. I don't know how he does it. Last night, I heard him

up until 4:30AM, walking around in his room, pulling out his toys (in the dark).

He seems to be trying to talk more these last months. He still reverts to

stimming while covering his eyes and ears, every once in a while. As far as

frustration, I can tell that he is trying to contain it himself, which is good.

When he is really stressed, he shreeks, which scares me to death and makes all

of the dogs start barking! When he later calms down, he comes to me an

apologizes. I have never been able to tolerate that noise. I still jump a foot

when he does it.

Thank you for asking about him. I will keep him at home as long as possible.

His behavior and/or our health will dictate that. For the most part, he is very

good company, and seems to enjoy being with us. I envision ourselves driving

all over the US in an RV with along with us. Right now, our finances

keeps that dream from happening, for now.

(54)

Forest (hubby - 55) and

(ASD & 23)

P.S. When will my downloaded photos be added to the list of photos of our

children?

>

> , I haven't seen a post from you in a long time, but I have been praying

for you and every day.

> How is doing?? What does he do now that he is out of school?? Karac

will be 17 next month and

> I am wondering what is ahead.? Love and blessings, Pat K

>

>

> Photos

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I just uploaded 's pictures. It is hard getting pictures of him because

he " hams up " or refuses them. I need to get a current picture of him. The last

photo I got of him, at his high school graduation, he had his hands covering his

eyes and ears -- didn't want a picture done.

>

> I posted a favorite photo of mine, when he was 8 years old. He always had

peaches-n-cream complexion and this photo captured it. For those that do not

know, is now 23 years old. He is my 6'4 " gentle giant-----most of the

time.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Do you have to be with all the time? Can he be left at the house

alone? Do you have anyone who can come in and give your relief? Does he

go shopping or out to eat with you? Love and blessings, Pat K

Photos

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I just uploaded 's pictures. It is hard getting pictures of him because he "hams up" or refuses them. I need to get a current picture of him. The last photo I got of him, at his high school graduation, he had his hands covering his eyes and ears -- didn't want a picture done.

>

> I posted a favorite photo of mine, when he was 8 years old. He always had peaches-n-cream complexion and this photo captured it. For those that do not know, is now 23 years old. He is my 6'4" gentle giant-----most of the time.

>

>

>

Guest guest

I don't leave home alone, while I go into town, etc., but I can leave

him in the house (alone) while I work in the back of the property (2 acres).

When he needs me, he will come looking for me in the yard.

I make sure that I am totally predictable for him. If I left him home totally

alone, I am afraid that he would panic and go running down the street,

hysterically looking for me. He will stay home with his 15 year old sister, if

I have an errand to run, but typically, I usually let him go with me. Guess you

could say that we are almost conjoined at the hip -- ha ha. I never mind

being with me as long as he behaves himself, and he knows it. I am his

positive reinforcement. There are days that are still hard, like last night,

when he work me up at 4:00AM to get some cough syrup for his coughing. I think

that he just really wanted me to be up with him while he had another " all

nighter " . I have been dragging all day from the lack of sleep and he is (right

now) walking all around the house singing " itsby bitsy spider " .

is good about going out to eat with us. There are times whenever I

suspect the place is going to be real loud, then we don't go. Also, when he is

doing poorly, we don't take him out at all. It is too much of a headache for us

and if he is going to act out, I would rather it be at home than out in public.

I do want to reassure other parents that was one of those kids who ate

only 3 or 4 things when he was a child. Almost all of those foods were from

Mcs. He still LOVES ketchup and will eat it straight, if he gets a ketchup

packet.

I always try to tell him things in advance, if possible. Even if it is

something unpleasant, i.e., bloodwork, I will tell him that it will hurt, but if

he lets them do it then we will go to Mcs, WalMart, or some other positive

reinforcement.

As far as shopping, I go when I feel like he is up to it, which is about 75% of

the time. Babies crying, loud speakers/intercoms, and the loud noises sometimes

make shopping hard for him. I usually go over my shopping list and figure out

what he may like, such as cheese crackers, and tell him that we are going to get

them and then I also get what else I need.

Now that he is older, the bathroom is no longer a major issue anymore. He goes

into the men's room just fine, by himself, and if he needs to be cleaned, he

does the best he can. Some WalMarts have family bathrooms and I prefer them, in

case he needs my help. There have been many a time incidents when his accidents

were so bad that we had to throw away his underwear and then go home and bathe,

again, it doesn't happen very often now.

I hear all of the pain and frustrations from Mom's who are dealing with things I

dealt with years ago. It makes me realize how far we have come. I wish that I

had a network back then, like there is now. I really did become isolated

because of , and I felt like it was us against the world. My parents

were not helpful and neither was his Dad. When was 10, his Dad died

then I was a single Mom until I remarried 7 years ago, to a wonderful man who

has totally accepted and adores him. My hubby is short and

like to pat him in the head when he shows his affection --haha.

has done much better than I had envisioned when he was diagnosed at 4

years old. The doctors did not give me much hope. I wish that he could have

meaningful conversations with me, but I have learned to accept his broken

attempts at it, along with his huge assortment of songs that he knows and says

perfectly -- kind of like Mel Tillis not able to speak properly but sings

beautifully. Yes, he still says the same phrases over and over, but it doesn't

really bother me like it does his siblings. I guess that I am just glad to hear

him talk to me.

& (23)

P.S. Thank you for posting the pictures of in your group pages.

> >

> > , I haven't seen a post from you in a long time, but I have been

praying for you and every day.

> > How is doing?? What does he do now that he is out of school?? Karac

will be 17 next month and

> > I am wondering what is ahead.? Love and blessings, Pat K

> >

> >

> > Photos

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I just uploaded 's pictures. It is hard getting pictures of him

because he " hams up " or refuses them. I need to get a current picture of him.

The last photo I got of him, at his high school graduation, he had his hands

covering his eyes and ears -- didn't want a picture done.

> >

> > I posted a favorite photo of mine, when he was 8 years old. He always had

peaches-n-cream complexion and this photo captured it. For those that do not

know, is now 23 years old. He is my 6'4 " gentle giant-----most of the

time.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

, thanks for telling us about you and ; that is so encouraging. That

is a beautiful story. It gives me such hope. You have come a long way. Love and blessings, Pat K

Photos

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I just uploaded 's pictures. It is hard getting pictures of him because he "hams up" or refuses them. I need to get a current picture of him. The last photo I got of him, at his high school graduation, he had his hands covering his eyes and ears -- didn't want a picture done.

> >

> > I posted a favorite photo of mine, when he was 8 years old. He always had peaches-n-cream complexion and this photo captured it. For those that do not know, is now 23 years old. He is my 6'4" gentle giant-----most of the time.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I love the pictures of . Our kids always seem especially adorable! Kellie

From: <jellylady47@...>autism Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:59:53 PMSubject: Re: Photos

I don't leave home alone, while I go into town, etc., but I can leave him in the house (alone) while I work in the back of the property (2 acres). When he needs me, he will come looking for me in the yard. I make sure that I am totally predictable for him. If I left him home totally alone, I am afraid that he would panic and go running down the street, hysterically looking for me. He will stay home with his 15 year old sister, if I have an errand to run, but typically, I usually let him go with me. Guess you could say that we are almost conjoined at the hip -- ha ha. I never mind being with me as long as he behaves himself, and he knows it. I am his positive reinforcement. There are days that are still hard, like last night, when he work me up at 4:00AM to get some cough syrup for his coughing. I think that he just really wanted me to be up with him while he had another "all nighter". I have been dragging all day from the lack

of sleep and he is (right now) walking all around the house singing "itsby bitsy spider". is good about going out to eat with us. There are times whenever I suspect the place is going to be real loud, then we don't go. Also, when he is doing poorly, we don't take him out at all. It is too much of a headache for us and if he is going to act out, I would rather it be at home than out in public. I do want to reassure other parents that was one of those kids who ate only 3 or 4 things when he was a child. Almost all of those foods were from Mcs. He still LOVES ketchup and will eat it straight, if he gets a ketchup packet. I always try to tell him things in advance, if possible. Even if it is something unpleasant, i.e., bloodwork, I will tell him that it will hurt, but if he lets them do it then we will go to Mcs, WalMart, or some other positive reinforcement. As far as shopping, I go when I feel

like he is up to it, which is about 75% of the time. Babies crying, loud speakers/intercoms, and the loud noises sometimes make shopping hard for him. I usually go over my shopping list and figure out what he may like, such as cheese crackers, and tell him that we are going to get them and then I also get what else I need. Now that he is older, the bathroom is no longer a major issue anymore. He goes into the men's room just fine, by himself, and if he needs to be cleaned, he does the best he can. Some WalMarts have family bathrooms and I prefer them, in case he needs my help. There have been many a time incidents when his accidents were so bad that we had to throw away his underwear and then go home and bathe, again, it doesn't happen very often now. I hear all of the pain and frustrations from Mom's who are dealing with things I dealt with years ago. It makes me realize how far we have come. I wish that I had a network back then, like

there is now. I really did become isolated because of , and I felt like it was us against the world. My parents were not helpful and neither was his Dad. When was 10, his Dad died then I was a single Mom until I remarried 7 years ago, to a wonderful man who has totally accepted and adores him. My hubby is short and like to pat him in the head when he shows his affection --haha. has done much better than I had envisioned when he was diagnosed at 4 years old. The doctors did not give me much hope. I wish that he could have meaningful conversations with me, but I have learned to accept his broken attempts at it, along with his huge assortment of songs that he knows and says perfectly -- kind of like Mel Tillis not able to speak properly but sings beautifully. Yes, he still says the same phrases over and over, but it doesn't really bother me like it does his siblings. I guess that I am just glad to hear

him talk to me. & (23)P.S. Thank you for posting the pictures of in your group pages. > >> > , I haven't seen a post from you in a long time, but I have been praying for you and every day.> > How is doing?? What does he do now that he is out of school?? Karac will be 17 next month and> > I am wondering what is ahead.? Love and blessings, Pat K> > > > > > Photos> > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I just uploaded 's pictures. It is hard getting pictures of him because he "hams up" or refuses them. I need to get a current picture of him. The last photo I got of him, at his high school graduation, he had his hands covering his eyes and ears -- didn't want a picture done. > > > > I posted a favorite photo of mine, when he was 8 years old. He always had peaches-n-cream complexion and this photo captured it. For those that do not know, is now 23 years old. He is my 6'4" gentle giant-----most of the time. > > > > > >>

Guest guest

Hey! I am 54 too!! haha! Do you have an ARC there? JJ is 21 now and I just got him in the ARC day program.Jus tbecause he has behaviours doesan't mean they shouldn't have him in a program. They should have a behaviorest working with him.

I just talked to my senator about getting more services for adults. Lois

Re: Photos

Guest guest

Oh, I have to go look...be right back.. LOL

e

From: Kellie <folkangel@...>autism Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:55:43 PMSubject: Re: Photos

I love the pictures of . Our kids always seem especially adorable! Kellie

From: <jellylady47@ msn.com>AutismBehaviorProbl emsgroups (DOT) comSent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:59:53 PMSubject: Re: Photos

I don't leave home alone, while I go into town, etc., but I can leave him in the house (alone) while I work in the back of the property (2 acres). When he needs me, he will come looking for me in the yard. I make sure that I am totally predictable for him. If I left him home totally alone, I am afraid that he would panic and go running down the street, hysterically looking for me. He will stay home with his 15 year old sister, if I have an errand to run, but typically, I usually let him go with me. Guess you could say that we are almost conjoined at the hip -- ha ha. I never mind being with me as long as he behaves himself, and he knows it. I am his positive reinforcement. There are days that are still hard, like last night, when he work me up at 4:00AM to get some cough syrup for his coughing. I think that he just really wanted me to be up with him while he had another "all nighter". I have been dragging all day from the lack

of sleep and he is (right now) walking all around the house singing "itsby bitsy spider". is good about going out to eat with us. There are times whenever I suspect the place is going to be real loud, then we don't go. Also, when he is doing poorly, we don't take him out at all. It is too much of a headache for us and if he is going to act out, I would rather it be at home than out in public. I do want to reassure other parents that was one of those kids who ate only 3 or 4 things when he was a child. Almost all of those foods were from Mcs. He still LOVES ketchup and will eat it straight, if he gets a ketchup packet. I always try to tell him things in advance, if possible. Even if it is something unpleasant, i.e., bloodwork, I will tell him that it will hurt, but if he lets them do it then we will go to Mcs, WalMart, or some other positive reinforcement. As far as shopping, I go when I feel

like he is up to it, which is about 75% of the time. Babies crying, loud speakers/intercoms, and the loud noises sometimes make shopping hard for him.. I usually go over my shopping list and figure out what he may like, such as cheese crackers, and tell him that we are going to get them and then I also get what else I need. Now that he is older, the bathroom is no longer a major issue anymore. He goes into the men's room just fine, by himself, and if he needs to be cleaned, he does the best he can. Some WalMarts have family bathrooms and I prefer them, in case he needs my help. There have been many a time incidents when his accidents were so bad that we had to throw away his underwear and then go home and bathe, again, it doesn't happen very often now. I hear all of the pain and frustrations from Mom's who are dealing with things I dealt with years ago. It makes me realize how far we have come. I wish that I had a network back then, like

there is now. I really did become isolated because of , and I felt like it was us against the world. My parents were not helpful and neither was his Dad. When was 10, his Dad died then I was a single Mom until I remarried 7 years ago, to a wonderful man who has totally accepted and adores him. My hubby is short and like to pat him in the head when he shows his affection --haha. has done much better than I had envisioned when he was diagnosed at 4 years old. The doctors did not give me much hope. I wish that he could have meaningful conversations with me, but I have learned to accept his broken attempts at it, along with his huge assortment of songs that he knows and says perfectly -- kind of like Mel Tillis not able to speak properly but sings beautifully. Yes, he still says the same phrases over and over, but it doesn't really bother me like it does his siblings. I guess that I am just glad to hear

him talk to me. & (23)P.S. Thank you for posting the pictures of in your group pages. > >> > , I haven't seen a post from you in a long time, but I have been praying for you and every day.> > How is doing?? What does he do now that he is out of school?? Karac will be 17 next month and> > I am wondering what is ahead.? Love and blessings, Pat K> > > > > > Photos> > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I just uploaded 's pictures. It is hard getting pictures of him because he "hams up" or refuses them. I need to get a current picture of him. The last photo I got of him, at his high school graduation, he had his hands covering his eyes and ears -- didn't want a picture done. > > > > I posted a favorite photo of mine, when he was 8 years old. He always had peaches-n-cream complexion and this photo captured it. For those that do not know, is now 23 years old. He is my 6'4" gentle giant-----most of the time. > > > > > >>

Guest guest

Go to /

On the left hand side halfway down the page is a link to photos, click on

that.

On the top right of the screen there is an option to create an album or

upload a photo.

Hey presto !

Rgs

Ian

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of

jarrodtomassi@...

Sent: 23 August 2009 07:25

Subject: Photos

How do we add photos to the group photo gallery?

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.392 / Virus Database: 270.13.64/2318 - Release Date: 08/22/09

18:04:00

Guest guest

Well.. perhaps you can have someone in your family snap a pic with your phone when you're working out?  Por favor??, Journalist 

Guest guest

Will do.

Spanish journalist?

Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 5:02 PM

Subject: Re: Photos

Well.. perhaps you can have someone in your family snap a pic with your phone when you're working out? Por favor??, Journalist

Guest guest

Beautiful family!

>

> I posted a photo album with my family & pets. The family photo isn't very good

-- we took it with a cell phone at a football game in late August -- but I don't

have anything else recent.

>

> Doodle is our black lab (10), Ooncie is our little kittydog (3), and then

there's Lenny (4), our cockatiel.

>

> Marla

>

Guest guest

Thank you. :]

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:53 AM

Beautiful family!>> I posted a photo album with my family & pets. The family photo isn't very good -- we took it with a cell phone at a football game in late August -- but I don't have anything else recent.> > Doodle is our black lab (10), Ooncie is our little kittydog (3), and then there's Lenny (4), our cockatiel. > > Marla>

Guest guest

Nice to " meet " you! You're kittydog is waaaaay too cool. :)  On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Marla <gmarla@...> wrote:

Thank you.  :]

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:53 AM

Beautiful family!>> I posted a photo album with my family & pets. The family photo isn't very good -- we took it with a cell phone at a football game in late August -- but I don't have anything else recent.> > Doodle is our black lab (10), Ooncie is our little kittydog (3), and then there's Lenny (4), our cockatiel. > > Marla>

Guest guest

Ok I get the hint and will work on pics.You look out of this world FABULOUS!!!!!!!! Marilou Sent from Marilou's iPadOn Aug 10, 2010, at 6:56 PM, lanac <clossique@...> wrote:

I have posted some pictures of my journey..I had VSG on Feb.4th 2010...I have lost 74 lbs with 6 more to go for my goal...I CAN'T BELIEVE IT !!!!!! I hope some of the others will post some pics,that I was in Mexico with..

Lana Closs-Reddekopp

Warman,Sask.Canada

VSG Feb4th,2010

Dr.Aceves

Guest guest

PS I had surgery the day after Lana.MarilouDr. AcevesVSG~February 5, 2010 On Aug 10, 2010, at 7:46 PM, Marilou wrote:Ok I get the hint and will work on pics.You look out of this world FABULOUS!!!!!!!! Marilou Sent from Marilou's iPadOn Aug 10, 2010, at 6:56 PM, lanac <clossique > wrote: I have posted some pictures of my journey..I had VSG on Feb.4th 2010...I have lost 74 lbs with 6 more to go for my goal...I CAN'T BELIEVE IT !!!!!! I hope some of the others will post some pics,that I was in Mexico with..Lana Closs-ReddekoppWarman,Sask.CanadaVSG Feb4th,2010Dr.Aceves

Guest guest

Absolutely amazing pictures of your progress.  Loved the blue tongue.

Joyce

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 6:56 PM, lanac <clossique@...> wrote:

I have posted some pictures of my journey..I had VSG on Feb.4th 2010...I have lost 74 lbs with 6 more to go for my goal...I CAN'T BELIEVE IT !!!!!! I hope some of the others will post some pics,that I was in Mexico with..

Lana Closs-ReddekoppWarman,Sask.CanadaVSG Feb4th,2010Dr.Aceves

Guest guest

I've added new pictures of my grandson Killian and my cover picture for the time

being is the picture of my liver that the surgeon took a picture of when he was

in there taking out my gallbladder which is still there in that picture. I guess

that's what cirrhosis looks like at the beginning of stage 4. You'll need to

look in the new album I set up under Debbie Curwicks not Debbie in Washington

which I can't seem to delete since I got hacked.

Debbie C.