RemedySpot.com

Kathy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I wish I knew what the difference between the two is but I don't. Tony also gets a patch of eczema on the right side of his face from time to time which has left a patch of light discoloration on his cheek, but I am trying to use fading cream on it. He is like me and won't wear gloves in the winter and all that recent cold weather we have had recently might have done his hands in.

Kathy

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Carolyn or Visser <pvisser@...> kvetro60@... wrote:> I am hoping it is related to the eczema he occasionally gets on the one > side of his face. Unfortuately he inherited my sensitive skin. My > mother in law suffers from psoraisis and he could have that too. what is the diff between eczema and psoraisis? my husband breaks out in an itchy scaly rash all over.... he has been trying cures for eczema and it helps but it eventually the rash just keeps coming back. maybe he has psoraisis instead (?):*carolyn.

Guest guest

kvetro60@... wrote:

> Tony

> also gets a patch of eczema on the right side of his face from time to

> time which has left a patch of light discoloration on his cheek, but I

> am trying to use fading cream on it.

my little guy gets this too... he tans very easily so in the summer

he usually has a light patch on his cheek. i had him at the dr for

something else and she told me that it was not eczema but something

else... cant remember the name of it at the moment... but that it was

harmless. i just keep moisturizing his face, especially after

bathing or swimming, and that seems to help... i think that it is

just dry/sensitive skin, like you said.

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

kvetro60@... wrote:

> Tony

> also gets a patch of eczema on the right side of his face from time to

> time which has left a patch of light discoloration on his cheek, but I

> am trying to use fading cream on it.

oh, i meant to add.... wouldnt fading cream make the patch even

lighter? i mean, wouldnt that cream be better for darker areas? i

kind of felt like putting self-tanner on shane's light patch so it

matched the rest of his face...lol

:*carolyn.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi , I was wondering too. But I know sometimes in the past

she's been " away " from posting and then is catching up. I just assume

life is busy for her during those times away.

>

> Does anyone know where Kathy is? I haven't seen any posts

> from her in a long time. Just wondering - hope everything is okay

with

> her and her family.

>

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi Kathy: Yes, it will be helpful to share the experience with someone else. In fact, I am just about to buy a new computer for home so that I can be connected to the world! I, too, am bone on bone and was told 6 years ago that I needed the TKR but opted to do PT and really strengthen my legs and that did buy me some time and also helps that that technology has improved so much in that time. I will be having a Zimmer TKR. My 10 year old nephew, showed me a website which takes you step by step through virtual TKR. A little more than I wanted to see but he got a big kick out of showing me. For a month I have been doing an accelerated exercise program to build even more strength in both legs. Hopefully, that will help with my recovery. I am also using weights to build upper body strength. The surgeon has recommended that i do the whole routine 3x's a day and it seems like a full time job but I can feel the difference. Whatever it takes,

I guess! Nice to hear from you....Marciak f <thickandthin2004@...> wrote: Hi Marcia, Its nice to know someone in the same boat. I hope to have it done in July, I have only seen the Dr. once, he gave me a shot, but it didn't help at all. I go back in about 3 weeks. My friend and I actually sat down and wrote all the questions we could think of and that helps me get the information I think I will need. I am 61 and this started when I was 35, but I am now bone against bone and in a lot more discomfort than I have been in the past. I have been to a couple of sites that have discribed the surgery with pictures. I always like to know what is instore in the future. KathyMarcia Morse

<morsekittyl@...> wrote: Hello Kathy, I am new, too, and will be having RTKR on June 27 so we are about on the same track. You asked a question that I haven't even thought of yet. I, too, have several steps going in to my house. The surgeon did say in passing that those would not be an issue as I could use the good leg. We'll see what others on this board have to say. Hope you will keep us updated on your progress. When is your surgery date? Marcia (Cape Cod, MA)k f <thickandthin2004@...> wrote: Hi, I'm new to the board also and am planning on having knee surgery in a couple of months. I have been reading a lot but havn't

see anything about steps and I don't go back to the doctor for a few weeks. I have steps going into my house, no matter which way I go in. Once I am on the main floor I will be fine but I was wondering how I will get up the steps when I come home from the hospital. Has anyone else had to deal with steps coming home from the hospital? Thanks Kathy Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Thanks for the helpful message!

Kathy

>

> I know exactly how you feel as I was also depressed. I had a

> dilatation last October and I can eat everything. When you get your

> life back, the depression will leave.

> I wish you the best and pray that you will be eating soon, like me.

> I've gained all the weight back that I lost and you will too.

> Good Luck and my thoughts are with you

> Hugs,

> Anita

>

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Thanks for the reply - I will remain optomistic!!!

Kathy

>

> I had spasms after my dilatation. They gradually went away.

> Hugs,

> Anita from Pa.

>

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

I used to go to UPMC to the Digestive disorder clinic but now I

just go to the docs at Ruby.

I was diagnosed in 96 and since then have found all kinds of things

wrong with me.lol

Hope you are doing well

• 10 months later...
Guest guest

kvetro60@... wrote: Yep these people are scary and evidently quite stupid. Wouldn't be a kick if those 72 beautiful virgins turned out to be Rosie O'Donnell clones instead?

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

I hope and pray that's true too. The ring leader's lawyer is trying to get him off saying that the informant that infiltrated their group led them on. Say what? No one could lead me to kill people.

Kathy

Re: kathy

kvetro60comcast (DOT) net wrote:

Yep these people are scary and evidently quite stupid. Wouldn't be a kick if those 72 beautiful virgins turned out to be Rosie O'Donnell clones instead?

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

my sister sent a link http://www.cafepress.com/buy/autism/-/fpt_______________________D/c_22 and i told her one shirt i did want was "parental advice is not apprieated unless you have a kid with austim" i have so many that try to talk like know and understand viola,like i need some sympathy from ppl that don't get it. and they are SOOOOO far off the radar they wind of offending way more than just asking about it. i am willing to share my expierence(although every child is much different) and don't find offense in those asking. his mom is one of them, she swear autism=genius. that "rainman" effect is rare. those with learning disabilites have average/slightly above average intelligence they just have a neuro-developmental disorder and its take intense research,therapy, and time to get to heart of it and

help the child. i am sorry your parents don't understand. my mom is gung ho donator to the causes and likes to talk to everybody about it while my MIL misinforms ppl on what it is and her husband acts like i shouldn't discipline the way i do and underminds me when i try to keep viola on a strict schedule. they act like its no different then any other medical disorder and the little white pill will fix it. HA!!! some are just misinformed about it so they rather shy away and act like its not a real problem then rather face the issue and be educated. also i just read an article sent by one of my newsletters they say we parents of children with learning disabilites and developmental disabilites can handle stress more strongly, and usually have a special bond with our children b/c of the challenges faced everyday. just my two cents when ppl try to understand what they

don't kassiakvetro60 <kvetro60@...> wrote: Thanks . I know you are an awesome mom who does a great job with your son. People with kids that are easy learners just don't get kids like ours. Kathy ldy_solana's domain

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like.-Will

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Guest guest

Thanks Kassia. RJ's close friend has a younger brother with autism. He is high functioning and is mainstreamed with the other 6th graders. Some of the teachers are plain nasty to him at times though when he accidentally goes into one of their classrooms and disrupts things a bit. Honestly, I think all teachers should have more training on dealing with ADD, ADHD, autism, etc so they can do more for these kids.

Kathy

my sister sent a link

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/autism/-/fpt_______________________D/c_22

and i told her one shirt i did want was "parental advice is not apprieated unless you have a kid with austim"

i have so many that try to talk like know and understand viola,like i need some sympathy from ppl that don't get it. and they are SOOOOO far off the radar they wind of offending way more than just asking about it. i am willing to share my expierence(although every child is much different) and don't find offense in those asking. his mom is one of them, she swear autism=genius. that "rainman" effect is rare. those with learning disabilites have average/slightly above average intelligence they just have a neuro-developmental disorder and its take intense research,therapy, and time to get to heart of it and help the child.

i am sorry your parents don't understand. my mom is gung ho donator to the causes and likes to talk to everybody about it while my MIL misinforms ppl on what it is and her husband acts like i shouldn't discipline the way i do and underminds me when i try to keep viola on a strict schedule. they act like its no different then any other medical disorder and the little white pill will fix it. HA!!! some are just misinformed about it so they rather shy away and act like its not a real problem then rather face the issue and be educated.

also i just read an article sent by one of my newsletters they say we parents of children with learning disabilites and developmental disabilites can handle stress more strongly, and usually have a special bond with our children b/c of the challenges faced everyday.

just my two cents when ppl try to understand what they don't

kassiakvetro60 <kvetro60comcast (DOT) net> wrote:

Thanks . I know you are an awesome mom who does a great job with your son. People with kids that are easy learners just don't get kids like ours.

Kathy

ldy_solana's domain

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like.-Will

Guest guest

HEAR HEAR!! APPLAUDING WILDLY!

I try to educate each teacher each year on what 's issues and abilities/disabilities are and what works and doesn't in dealing with him. He's changed so much in the last few years that there is thankfully less to tell but I feel better just making sure they understand him a bit before they work with him. Our school district seems to be one of the more progressive in terms of special ed issues and training for teachers and aides but there is still much to be done...

my sister sent a link

and i told her one shirt i did want was "parental advice is not apprieated unless you have a kid with austim"

i have so many that try to talk like know and understand viola,like i need some sympathy from ppl that don't get it. and they are SOOOOO far off the radar they wind of offending way more than just asking about it. i am willing to share my expierence(although every child is much different) and don't find offense in those asking. his mom is one of them, she swear autism=genius. that "rainman" effect is rare. those with learning disabilites have average/slightly above average intelligence they just have a neuro-developmental disorder and its take intense research,therapy, and time to get to heart of it and help the child.

i am sorry your parents don't understand. my mom is gung ho donator to the causes and likes to talk to everybody about it while my MIL misinforms ppl on what it is and her husband acts like i shouldn't discipline the way i do and underminds me when i try to keep viola on a strict schedule. they act like its no different then any other medical disorder and the little white pill will fix it. HA!!! some are just misinformed about it so they rather shy away and act like its not a real problem then rather face the issue and be educated.

also i just read an article sent by one of my newsletters they say we parents of children with learning disabilites and developmental disabilites can handle stress more strongly, and usually have a special bond with our children b/c of the challenges faced everyday.

Thanks . I know you are an awesome mom who does a great job with your son. People with kids that are easy learners just don't get kids like ours.

Kathy

ldy_solana's domain

Guest guest

These shirts are awesome!!!

(sending link to friends with kids with autism)

my sister sent a link

Kathy

ldy_solana's domain

Guest guest

Absolutely. My parents have often reminded me that teachers are taught to teach to the middle. That means the kids that excel and those that have difficulties are not helped as much as those who are average. It's stupid if you ask me.

Kathy

my sister sent a link

Kathy

ldy_solana's domain

Guest guest

I totally agree... and I have a teaching certificate too! When I was in college, back in the late 1980s (eek, that sounds so long ago now) we were not taught anything about special ed or gifted kids and now I have one of each (DD probably is gifted, will get tested next spring) and find it quite frustrating! From what I hear not much has changed in that regard and teachers get most of their "extra" education from in-services (and parents like us).

my sister sent a link

Kathy

ldy_solana's domain

Guest guest

No things haven't changed much since then. In New Jersey we pay a huge amount of property taxes for the school's budget and I can certainly say we don't get a lot of bang for the buck.

Kathy

my sister sent a link

Kathy

ldy_solana's domain

Guest guest

These were great, Kassia. I liked the one about Spock

and Rainman....

Take care!

Donna

--- Kassia <ldy_solana@...> wrote:

> my sister sent a link

>

>

>

> and i told her one shirt i did want was " parental

> advice is not apprieated unless you have a kid with

> austim "

>

> i have so many that try to talk like know and

> understand viola,like i need some sympathy from ppl

> that don't get it. and they are SOOOOO far off the

> radar they wind of offending way more than just

> asking about it. i am willing to share my

> expierence(although every child is much different)

> and don't find offense in those asking. his mom is

> one of them, she swear autism=genius. that " rainman "

> effect is rare. those with learning disabilites have

> average/slightly above average intelligence they

> just have a neuro-developmental disorder and its

> take intense research,therapy, and time to get to

> heart of it and help the child.

>

> i am sorry your parents don't understand. my mom

> is gung ho donator to the causes and likes to talk

> to everybody about it while my MIL misinforms ppl on

> what it is and her husband acts like i shouldn't

> discipline the way i do and underminds me when i try

> to keep viola on a strict schedule. they act like

> its no different then any other medical disorder and

> the little white pill will fix it. HA!!! some are

> just misinformed about it so they rather shy away

> and act like its not a real problem then rather face

> the issue and be educated.

>

> also i just read an article sent by one of my

> newsletters they say we parents of children with

> learning disabilites and developmental disabilites

> can handle stress more strongly, and usually have a

> special bond with our children b/c of the challenges

> faced everyday.

>

> just my two cents when ppl try to understand what

> they don't

>

> kassia

>

> kvetro60 <kvetro60@...> wrote:

> Thanks . I know you are an awesome mom

> who does a great job with your son. People with

> kids that are easy learners just don't get kids like

> ours.

>

> Kathy

>

>

>

> ldy_solana's domain

>

> Too many people spend money they haven't earned to

> buy things they don’t want to impress people they

> don’t like.

>

> -Will

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives

> answers, not web links.

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news,

photos & more.

http://mobile./go?refer=1GNXIC

• 2 months later...

Thanks so much Kathy

Your advice is always so practical and I am following everything up that you

have given me. I tried to thank you provately, but your email address is

rejecting me.

I still dont know if the radiologist is right and I have a fibroid or the

cancer specialist is right and I have a 70% chance of having cancer.

sincere thanks for such wonderful help and support

Helen

Kathycozycove@... wrote:

_Click here for

HHA 4-HERB TEA

INCREDIBLE TESTIMONIALS_

(http://www.herbalhealer.com/4-herb/testimonials.shtml) 4-HERB TEA Note: All of

our research on chronically ill members has

been done on the Herbal Healer 4-Herb generic brand. We use only organic,

potent herbs and our formula can't be beat. All of the products we offer contain

Burdock Root, Sheep Sorrel, Slippery Elm and Turkey Rhubarb herb in the correct

medicinal proportions.

If treating a life-threatening ailment, please consult with a knowledgeable

health care practitioner.

4-HERB GENERIC BRAND We have the HERBAL HEALER 4-HERB GENERIC BRAND

This is the best all-organic herbal formula there is! Our HHA 4-Herb blend

has proven itself effective by hundreds of Herbal Healer member testimonials

over the last ten years.

One packet is enough to make 2 gallons. That is a one month supply for a

cancer patient, two months for other ailments. With your order you will receive

the herbs for the tea, complete instructions, member testimonials and an eye

opening story. We have special quantity rates that can be as low as $14.95 per

package! Maximum dosage is 2 oz., 3 times per day. Regular price $24.95

4-HERB TEA BULK HERB PACKETS $21.95 $18.00 $16.00

(http://www.herbalhealer.com/4-herb/index.html) Don't throw out the sludge!

_Click here for amazing testimonial

& pictures of healing of skin anomaly._

(http://www.herbalhealer.com/4-herb/index.html)

In a message dated 8/25/2007 3:49:08 AM Central Daylight Time,

helen_dehavilland@... writes:

Do you know where I can purchase essiac tea. I have read around and

apparently a lot of the advertised stuff is dodgy for one reason or another

Sincere thanks for your help

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at

http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kathy,

I have three kids

Brittany (12) diagnosed with anxiety only, no meds, doing very well, high honor

student, has never been a problem what- so-ever. She just went to Washington DC

for the Junior National Young Leaders Conference. She was the only one in her

school who went.Every teacher she ever had has always said they wish they had

100 Brittany's in their class.She's my survivor, 7th gr

(10) diagnosed with ocd, bipolar, add,and odd, presently taking

clonidine and zoloft. Honor student all year last year, but I'm not sure about

this year yet. Very difficult child, but I love her to death , 6th gr 504 plan

iel (5) diagnosed presently with ocd " bad thought " , possible mood disorder

nos, taking abilify . Used to be my " little man " until prozac turned him into

this " little monster " , 1st gr 504 plan

Hugs

Judy

--

Hi Judy,

I had to laugh when you said " he was a little man, now a little

monster. " that is exactl what prozac did to my daughter. Well, it

didnt turn her into a man technically, but it made her bossy enough

to say 'hey mom, I am gonna break your bones. " . A boss child. We got

off that right away she takes risperdol and tyreptal.

She is doing okay. What exactly do those 5o4 plans do for you?

thanks

Kathy

- In , jchabot <jchabot@...> wrote:

>

> Hi Kathy,

> I have three kids

> Brittany (12) diagnosed with anxiety only, no meds, doing very

well, high honor student, has never been a problem what- so-ever.

She just went to Washington DC for the Junior National Young Leaders

Conference. She was the only one in her school who went.Every teacher

she ever had has always said they wish they had 100 Brittany's in

their class.She's my survivor, 7th gr

>

> (10) diagnosed with ocd, bipolar, add,and odd, presently

taking clonidine and zoloft. Honor student all year last year, but

I'm not sure about this year yet. Very difficult child, but I love

her to death , 6th gr 504 plan

>

> iel (5) diagnosed presently with ocd " bad thought " , possible

mood disorder nos, taking abilify . Used to be my " little man " until

prozac turned him into this " little monster " , 1st gr 504 plan

> Hugs

> Judy

>

>

>

>

>

Kathy,

The 504 plan for my son is just basically for his speech. He has to go every

week. I'm sure I'll have to add more to it soon in school because he's been

getting into a little trouble.

My daughter has it for some accomodations like, if she needs untimed CMT's, or

if she is going through a hard time , I can have her homework stopped, or if she

needs to come in late.(She won't get penalized for these tthings with the 504)

She may need an IEP instead very soon.

Hugs

Judy

Judy -

My 13 year old son just started prozac - only his second week on it. What

happened to your son? Are there certain signs I should be watching for? My

husband and I feel like he has gotten worse over the past 2 weeks - but the

psych started him on such a low dosage - 2.5 mg, that we don't think it is a

result of the medication (other things like school starting, etc) Any thoughts

you could share would be appreciated.

thx.

angela

jchabot <jchabot@...> wrote:

Hi Kathy,

I have three kids

Brittany (12) diagnosed with anxiety only, no meds, doing very well, high honor

student, has never been a problem what- so-ever. She just went to Washington DC

for the Junior National Young Leaders Conference. She was the only one in her

school who went.Every teacher she ever had has always said they wish they had

100 Brittany's in their class.She's my survivor, 7th gr

(10) diagnosed with ocd, bipolar, add,and odd, presently taking

clonidine and zoloft. Honor student all year last year, but I'm not sure about

this year yet. Very difficult child, but I love her to death , 6th gr 504 plan

iel (5) diagnosed presently with ocd " bad thought " , possible mood disorder

nos, taking abilify . Used to be my " little man " until prozac turned him into

this " little monster " , 1st gr 504 plan

Hugs

Judy

You may have read what I have--that when there's a

negative reaction to a new medication, it could be a

good sign that it is affecting the part of the brain

that causes OCD, and will prove effective in a

positive way in time and with the right dose. So maybe

this is a good thing.

--- Leonard <aktl07@...> wrote:

> Judy -

>

> My 13 year old son just started prozac - only his

> second week on it. What happened to your son? Are

> there certain signs I should be watching for? My

> husband and I feel like he has gotten worse over the

> past 2 weeks - but the psych started him on such a

> low dosage - 2.5 mg, that we don't think it is a

> result of the medication (other things like school

> starting, etc) Any thoughts you could share would

> be appreciated.

> thx.

> angela

>

> jchabot <jchabot@...> wrote:

> Hi Kathy,

> I have three kids

> Brittany (12) diagnosed with anxiety only, no meds,

> doing very well, high honor student, has never been

> a problem what- so-ever. She just went to Washington

> DC for the Junior National Young Leaders Conference.

> She was the only one in her school who went.Every

> teacher she ever had has always said they wish they

> had 100 Brittany's in their class.She's my survivor,

> 7th gr

>

> (10) diagnosed with ocd, bipolar, add,and

> odd, presently taking clonidine and zoloft. Honor

> student all year last year, but I'm not sure about

> this year yet. Very difficult child, but I love her

> to death , 6th gr 504 plan

>

> iel (5) diagnosed presently with ocd " bad

> thought " , possible mood disorder nos, taking abilify

> . Used to be my " little man " until prozac turned him

> into this " little monster " , 1st gr 504 plan

> Hugs

> Judy

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been

> removed]

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you

> sell.

>

> [Non-text portions of this message have been

> removed]

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play

Sims Stories at Games.

http://sims./