RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

's surgery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yay !!! Heidi, Bexon's Mommy, (3 years old, in 8th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 62 degrees to 20 in cast)From: Gail <patsmum2000@...>infantile scoliosis treatment ; Congenital <CongenitalScoliosisSupport >Sent: Wed, November 3, 2010 4:10:56 AMSubject: 's surgery

We got home about 3:00 or so yesterday.

is doing well. She is eating, lightly. Slept very good and seems to be managing her pain with her typical " mind over matter." Her dr doesn't want her to attend school for about a week though and this is something new. Her follow-up appointment is next Wednesday.

Will keep you all in the loop!

Gail

Guest guest

Im glad all went well and bet she is enjoying home time with mum. Mind

over matter is everything in recovery and Its awesome to know she is

mastering this way to think at such a young age. How you holding up

momma?

HRH

> We got home about 3:00 or so yesterday.

>  

> is doing well. She is eating, lightly. Slept very good and seems to

> be managing her pain with her typical " mind over matter. " Her dr

> doesn't want her to attend school for about a week though and this is

> something new. Her follow-up appointment is next Wednesday.

>  

> Will keep you all in the loop!

>  

> Gail

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Im glad all went well and bet she is enjoying home time with mum. Mind

momma?

HRH

>  

> be managing her pain with her typical " mind over matter. " Her dr

>  

>  

> Gail

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I am doing ok. I was the bad guy last night because I had to remove the bandage. Poor kid! She was getting so worked up she was gagging. It amazes me because she has been through this before, and I wasn't even going to replace the bandage - so it wasn't a remove-replace-repeat like it is with her VEPTR surgeries. I finally just "ripped" it off and I thought she was going to kill me. But in the end it was the better choice.

She is good today. Has taken up residence on her sofa, is eating breakfast and is getting her "education" via PBS (per ) In a bit we are going to do schoolwork. I have to give her a spelling and vocab test. We are also going to work on multiplication tables. They are starting to teach the kids division (3rd grade) but they don't even know their multiplication tables!! It's this whole "Investigations Math" that our district uses and it is useless. So, here come the flashcards, Schoolhouse Rock ("figure 8 as double 4...") and I picked up a poster at the Dollar Store with the tables 1 -12.

She has had a friend, "Nurse Melody" visit each day with her schoolwork and I think that has helped as much as anything.

Still won't take any pain meds, so I didn't waste my time or money getting the script filled for the Tylenol with Codiene. If I had, you probably would have found me in the corner clutching the bottle.

These are tough kids we have!

Gail

From: heather@... <heather@...>Subject: Re: 's surgeryinfantile scoliosis treatment Date: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 2:22 PM

Im glad all went well and bet she is enjoying home time with mum. Mindover matter is everything in recovery and Its awesome to know she ismastering this way to think at such a young age. How you holding upmomma?HRH> We got home about 3:00 or so yesterday.> > is doing well. She is eating, lightly. Slept very good and seems to> be managing her pain with her typical " mind over matter." Her dr> doesn't want her to attend school for about a week though and this is> something new. Her follow-up appointment is next Wednesday.> > Will keep you all in the loop!> > Gail>>>>>>

Guest guest

Sometimes we have to be the bad guy, but they will thank us someday. She sounds like my Hayden, he will not take meds either, so I never bother to fill the scripts. I am glad she is resting and eating. She will be up and about in no time.

good luck with the math. We are battling 5th grade math with my daughter.

Joanmom to Hayden 339 degrees down from 62After 4 casts, now in a brace 23 hours/dayTreated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

From: Gail <patsmum2000@...>infantile scoliosis treatment Sent: Fri, November 5, 2010 8:19:41 AMSubject: Re: 's surgery

I am doing ok. I was the bad guy last night because I had to remove the bandage. Poor kid! She was getting so worked up she was gagging. It amazes me because she has been through this before, and I wasn't even going to replace the bandage - so it wasn't a remove-replace-repeat like it is with her VEPTR surgeries. I finally just "ripped" it off and I thought she was going to kill me. But in the end it was the better choice.

She is good today. Has taken up residence on her sofa, is eating breakfast and is getting her "education" via PBS (per ) In a bit we are going to do schoolwork. I have to give her a spelling and vocab test. We are also going to work on multiplication tables. They are starting to teach the kids division (3rd grade) but they don't even know their multiplication tables!! It's this whole "Investigations Math" that our district uses and it is useless. So, here come the flashcards, Schoolhouse Rock ("figure 8 as double 4...") and I picked up a poster at the Dollar Store with the tables 1 -12.

She has had a friend, "Nurse Melody" visit each day with her schoolwork and I think that has helped as much as anything.

Still won't take any pain meds, so I didn't waste my time or money getting the script filled for the Tylenol with Codiene. If I had, you probably would have found me in the corner clutching the bottle.

Gail

From: heather@... <heather@...>Subject: Re: 's surgeryinfantile scoliosis treatment Date: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 2:22 PM

Im glad all went well and bet she is enjoying home time with mum. Mindover matter is everything in recovery and Its awesome to know she ismastering this way to think at such a young age. How you holding upmomma?HRH> We got home about 3:00 or so yesterday.> > is doing well. She is eating, lightly. Slept very good and seems to> be managing her pain with her typical " mind over matter." Her dr> doesn't want her to attend school for about a week though and this is> something new. Her follow-up appointment is next Wednesday.> > Will keep you all in the loop!> > Gail>>>>>>

Guest guest

Bandage removal is the worst!  I agree…  I thought it would get

easier as Liv grew up, but it never did.  I think it actually got worse with

age.  I hate being the bad guy, too.     This has always been horrible for Liv  (even

w/ tons of adhesive remover).  Ripping it off fast is the way to go or bandage

removal would take 3 days, if I let it…Our girls sound a lot a like.  Liv

refuses the meds and sometimes I think she is her own worst enemy with meds…(?) 

Stubborn, strong willed girls!

Glad your’e good.

HRH

[mailto:infantile scoliosis treatment ] On Behalf Of Gail

Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 7:20 AM

infantile scoliosis treatment

Subject: Re: 's surgery

I am doing ok. I was the bad guy last night because I had

to remove the bandage. Poor kid! She was getting so worked up she was

gagging. It amazes me because she has been through this before, and I wasn't

even going to replace the bandage - so it wasn't a remove-replace-repeat like

it is with her VEPTR surgeries. I finally just " ripped " it off and

I thought she was going to kill me. But in the end it was the better choice.

She is good today. Has taken up residence on her sofa, is

eating breakfast and is getting her " education " via PBS (per )

In a bit we are going to do schoolwork. I have to give her a spelling and

vocab test. We are also going to work on multiplication tables. They are

starting to teach the kids division (3rd grade) but they don't even know

their multiplication tables!! It's this whole " Investigations Math "

that our district uses and it is useless. So, here come the flashcards,

Schoolhouse Rock ( " figure 8 as double 4... " ) and I picked up a

poster at the Dollar Store with the tables 1 -12.

She has had a friend, " Nurse Melody " visit each

day with her schoolwork and I think that has helped as much as anything.

Still won't take any pain meds, so I didn't waste my time

or money getting the script filled for the Tylenol with Codiene. If I had,

you probably would have found me in the corner clutching the bottle.

Gail

Subject: Re: 's surgery

infantile scoliosis treatment

Date: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 2:22 PM

Im glad all went well and bet

she is enjoying home time with mum. Mind

momma?

HRH

>

> be managing her pain with her typical " mind over matter. "

Her dr

>

>

> Gail

>

>

>

>

>

>