RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Alcoholism and Drug Addiction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It was a JOKE! Some non potheads can think, .

Peace, Jeanine

http://hepchelp.homestead.com

>From: AWayofEagles@... >Reply- > >Subject: Re: [ ] Alcoholism and Drug Addiction >Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:55:29 EST >MIME-Version: 1.0 >Received: from n27.grp.scd. ([66.218.66.83]) by mc9-f15.bay6.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.5600); Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:15:26 -0800 >Received: from [66.218.67.201] by n27.grp.scd. with NNFMP; 13 Feb 2003 04:55:34 -0000 >Received: (EGP: mail-8_2_3_4); 13 Feb 2003 04:55:31 -0000 >Received: (qmail 72509 invoked from network); 13 Feb 2003 04:55:31 -0000 >Received: from unknown (66.218.66.217) by m9.grp.scd. with QMQP; 13 Feb 2003 04:55:31 -0000 >Received: from unknown (HELO imo-r09.mx.aol.com) (152.163.225.105) by mta2.grp.scd. with SMTP; 13 Feb 2003 04:55:32 -0000 >Received: from Awayofeagles@... imo-r09.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v34.21.) id r.1dc.27e355e (4004) for ; Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:55:29 -0500 (EST) >X-Message-Info: dHZMQeBBv44lPE7o4B5bAg== >X-eGroups-Return: sentto-2436732-3985-1045112132-hepc=hotmail.com@... >X-Sender: Awayofeagles@... >X-Apparently- >Message-ID: <1dc.27e355e.2b7c7f41@...> >X-Mailer: 8.0 for Windows sub 230 >Mailing-List: list ; contact -owner >Delivered-mailing list >Precedence: bulk >List-Unsubscribe:

>Return-Path: sentto-2436732-3985-1045112132-hepc=hotmail.com@... >X-OriginalArrivalTime: 12 Feb 2003 00:15:26.0078 (UTC) FILETIME=[D78109E0:01C2D22B] > >Interesting and biased observation, but not true. There are others...who >are not "heads" who have fully functioning brains... and common sense to >boot... >Luv, >Gwen[unable to display image]

Protect your PC - Click here for McAfee.com VirusScan Online

Guest guest

Yup. Non-dopers have to go, lol

Re: [ ] Alcoholism and Drug Addiction this all being true, many people don't classify marijuana as a drug, butas an HERB, as was clearly stated. It is mountains away from pharmaceuticalpain killers--I don't believe you can remotely compare the two. Any drug ORherb can be abused and cause negative (side) effects. As someone withpersonal experience in the subject we're discussing, I believe I speak withan informed opinion. And you're right, this probably isn't the best forumfor this discussion. Respectfully, Satya

Guest guest

Sorry y'all,

I don't find this group a healthy place to be anymore.

Numerous " issues " get handed around that have little or nothing to

do with battling the Dragon of Hep C and everything to do with

people and their " highly knowledgable opinions " and bashing

eachother.

If you want to hug trees, say " pagan rituals " smoke dope and

encourage others to do the same, I have very little respect for

you. Sadly, all this seems couched in the " self righteous " disguise

of " being helpful and knowledgable " but I see through all that BS.

I am in search of a forum where knowledge about this disease and its

treatment are shared, not slamming eachother all the time.

Consider me unsubscribed.

Rob Rowe

> Yup. Non-dopers have to go, lol

> Re: [ ] Alcoholism and Drug Addiction

>

>

> this all being true, many people don't classify marijuana as a

drug, but

> as an HERB, as was clearly stated. It is mountains away from

pharmaceutical

> pain killers--I don't believe you can remotely compare the two.

Any drug OR

> herb can be abused and cause negative (side) effects. As someone

with

> personal experience in the subject we're discussing, I believe I

speak with

> an informed opinion. And you're right, this probably isn't the

best forum

> for this discussion. Respectfully, Satya

>

>

Guest guest

, why don't you go somewhere else and waste THEIR space?

Re: [ ] Alcoholism and Drug Addiction

LOL, this is America and I don't believe in letting misinformed "dopers" spread their harmful BS to people. It's a free country and maybe you'd be better off not reading my posts.

, wouldn't you feel better in a group of people that agreed with you?Liz

Guest guest

Would you drink alcohol in moderation? It comes from something NATURAL.

lol

I don't think it's good to inhale smoke of any kind. but i do every now and then. there's lots of things that aren't good for you .but i don't see the point in depriving oneself of every thing that you may enjoy. your going to die someday so have a little fun in the mean time. there's a difference between living and existing. let all things be done in moderation.

Guest guest

Yeah, it is your life and it is my right in America to speak FREELY and smoking dope is for dopes and smoking dope when you have HCV is worse than stupid. Advocating it as some sort of cure is criminal.

I might smoke a joint every couple of months and I may go 6 months or longer and not. That's my business and no one else's. you can't eliminate every thing that's harmful. I weigh things out and choose for myself. it's my life. I think ranting and raving is harmful too, and being miserable isn't always the right thing to do. Take it easy but take it. pumpboz

Guest guest

Liz and you are a doctor where? "Whatever" is a term baby boomers use when they don't want to face reality.

Re: [ ] Alcoholism and Drug Addiction> I might smoke a joint every couple of months and I may go 6 months orlonger> and not. That's my business and no one else's. you can't eliminate every> thing that's harmful. I weigh things out and choose for myself. it's mylife.> I think ranting and raving is harmful too, and being miserable isn'talways> the right thing to do. Take it easy but take it. pumpboz>

Guest guest

The blessings of nature? LOL you mean like a lion eating you? That would be a blessing. Jeanine, face it, you're some natural nutcase that thinks anything in NATURE is okay, like poisons I suppose ... lol you're funny.

Peace "dood" ...

Re: [ ] Alcoholism and Drug Addiction > > > please read the 5,000 years of research on this plant. thanks, carol ps cannabis has been used to cure alcholic (of which i was one - haven't had a drink in 5 years) if you guys want to pick on something try the pills your doc gives you - the salesman propbly just left the sample. I too am a very addictive person - i just hate pain and pills. thanks, carol > >

Guest guest

Because potheads can't remember the brains they lost.

Why is it the "pot heads" in the group are the only ones who seem to have fully functioning brains?

Guest guest

Does cannabis alter the NATURAL state of your brain JEANINE? Or don't you have a natural brain like the rest of us?

Signed enjoying this little exchange too much,

Guest guest

Gwen,

I agree totally. These Gaia worshipping freaks have little understanding that cannabis alters the NATURAL state of their brain, a violation of the Earth Mother herself! Shame on them.

Smoking is not a NATURAL thing to do. It is ARTIFICIAL.

LOL besides that ... you male dope-heads, smoking pot will make your banana's rot.

Signed spray all the dope with pesticides and save a NATURAL brain.

, you helped me identify the root agenda of this group,... Mother Gaia is like the ole "its not nice to mess with Mother Nature" commercial...disagree...question too much...and off goes your head and scud missiles start to fly...hang in there... talk it but provin it is another whole 6 inch email of Flanisms...well there I said it and if anyone sends me any mess thru the mail....wellll, don't even try itI am going to be well and intelligent at the same time....this is too serious Luv,Gwen

Guest guest

Jeanine, to this day, can't spell - C A N N A B I S - but masquerades as some sort of authority on what is good for the human body and what isn't good for it. She will tell anyone that the NON-NATURAL act of smoking a weed is good for you and taking the "bad doctors" medicines -- that all come from NATURE -- is bad for you.

I am not going to sit here and let other people, that are sick with HCV, get sucked into some eco-freak's hiddgen agenda for getting their dope. Go get your dope someplace else. This isn't a forum for GAIA or the wonders of the NATURAL poisons Mother Earth has littered the planet with, it is a forum for people with HCV.

Guest guest

Hi Rob,please tell me if you have an idea how to cure this disease. Why would you leave, this is just a discussion. If you want info on the disease direct. Here goes my personal dragon is 1b and as all of you know the hardest to cure. I take cannabis (herb plant) because without it my life is HELL - no creativity, boring, in pain, whining, etc.

I didn't mean to start a fight here, i'd like help overcoming this disease but face it we have it for life, whatever we make of that time. I lost an uncle to this not to long ago. So the dragon is a frequent visitor of mine - she twists my liver, and heats my body, freezes me, and etc. When we first started talking to docs about this in the ole 90's they knew nothing. Now all the symptoms are what we complained about.

Love to all - "live and let live" Carol

Re: [ ] Alcoholism and Drug Addiction> > > this all being true, many people don't classify marijuana as a drug, but> as an HERB, as was clearly stated. It is mountains away from pharmaceutical> pain killers--I don't believe you can remotely compare the two. Any drug OR> herb can be abused and cause negative (side) effects. As someone with> personal experience in the subject we're discussing, I believe I speak with> an informed opinion. And you're right, this probably isn't the best forum> for this discussion. Respectfully, Satya> >

Guest guest

Celestial Spirit why don't you take some of your drugs and ignore me? You don't run the world and your kind of dope loving trash never will.

LOL, this is America and I don't believe in letting misinformed "dopers" spread their harmful BS to people. It's a free country and maybe you'd be better off not reading my posts.

, wouldn't you feel better in a group of people that agreed with you?Liz

Guest guest

Big Big Laugh haven't you ever heard of a still, man has lots to do with alcohol.

I don't think it's good to inhale smoke of any kind. but i do every now and then. there's lots of things that aren't good for you .but i don't see the point in depriving oneself of every thing that you may enjoy. your going to die someday so have a little fun in the mean time. there's a difference between living and existing. let all things be done in moderation.

Guest guest

yes i do. i used to drink an average of a 12 pack a day but since i started smoking dope and participating in pagan rituals I've cut back to about 2 drinks in two years. does this mean the booger man is gonna get me?? pump

Guest guest

What I advocate is freedom of choice and minding your own business.. I really like the part about minding your own business. pump

Guest guest

No, but ,you just might come down with "loopy pothead syndrome", and you'll have to go see Dr. ........

yes i do. i used to drink an average of a 12 pack a day but since i started smoking dope and participating in pagan rituals I've cut back to about 2 drinks in two years. does this mean the booger man is gonna get me?? pump

Guest guest

You're not free to take harmful drugs. Who told you that you were? Your "beliefs"?

What I advocate is freedom of choice and minding your own business.. I really like the part about minding your own business. pump

Guest guest

Dear Jeannie:

On addiction. Perhaps mind altering is the wrong term. The bottom line is that no matter how much coffee I could drink or cigarettes I could smoke I could not get high like I can off ganja, or alcohol or lots of legal and illegal drugs. I believe getting high on one substance can lead to getting high on another. It is my experience that people frequently substitute one substance for another. Although as an addict I would love to take some pill -- natural remedy and suddenly be able to drink and drug without loosing control it just is not possible. I have done 20 plus years of research on it. I am one of those 12 steppers that think addiction is a mental, physical and spiritual disorder. I've choose to get my advice on addiction recovery from those 12 step meetings. I see what people do to get well and I see what people do who end up dead or in the grips of active addiction. Also I believe addiction is progressive. I think many people get past the point of being able to control their drug use once they start, no matter what supplements they take or how long the abstain from use. That once they start using again they are gone.

On Ganja. Since our liver has the job it has it seems that most anything can cause it stress, dis-stress or even harm depending on what it is and the amount we ingest. It is a personal decision whether one believes the harm out weighs the benefits. Just like taking that Tylenol when your fever is up. Also I know that for much of my life I would have rather been dead then clean and sober. Getting high kept me from killing myself at certain times.

You may be an expert on supplements and hep c, but I would caution you about giving out addiction and drug addiction recovery advice.

If you choose to bash me for my opinion or experience - then feel free.

thia

Guest guest

Dear J

I agree that Good nutrition is helpful for any recovery, but it is not a cure. Getting off drugs and alcohol is one thing staying off is another. I am not against taking care of your body and repairing the damage done, and I don't doubt that there could be benefits to your protocal, but suggesting drug addicts can smoke ganja, just like drinking coffee and not suffer the ills of addiction is not helpful in my book. I am sure you could help someone clean out their system - but once clean and physically healthy it does not mean it is safe for an addict to go back to using. If you can help people with their physical cravings and detoxing great. But it sounded like you said you had a cure. My experience is once an addict always an addict - no cure - no way to use again without disaster - but a daily reprive is possible and recovery one day at a time. Good nutrition is one aspect that can aide recovery but it is not the magic bullet. There is lots of hard work needed to stay clean not just pills to swallow. Yes recovery is simple (12 steps) but it is not easy.

Maybe there is enough that we agree on that we can agree to disagree on what we disagree on.

thanks

thia