RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Vita-mix

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh, Klara, I love those fairs! Dad & I would bet each other on what tricks were being used. Never thought about the pineapple juice!

Hmm, talking about juicers, I wonder what my juicer would do with chickpeas??? Sure can't afford a vita mix just to make hummus.

Dottie

Re: Re: Vita-mix

Dottie,

You can go to those fairs and give samples away - they could always use that I'm sure - that's how I first fell in love with the vita mix - but I felt cheated - they said could make juice just from whole fruits (peels, seeds and all) and it tasted delicious what they made - and couldn't figure out why mine wasn't like that - realized they had added canned pinneaple juice!!!!!!

Traitors!!!!

But it all worked out ok in the end :>)

Klara

Dottie Roseboom <rosedotinsightbb> wrote:

Guest guest

Oh, Klara, I love those fairs! Dad & I would bet each other on what tricks were being used. Never thought about the pineapple juice!

Hmm, talking about juicers, I wonder what my juicer would do with chickpeas??? Sure can't afford a vita mix just to make hummus.

Dottie

Dottie,

You can go to those fairs and give samples away - they could always use that I'm sure - that's how I first fell in love with the vita mix - but I felt cheated - they said could make juice just from whole fruits (peels, seeds and all) and it tasted delicious what they made - and couldn't figure out why mine wasn't like that - realized they had added canned pinneaple juice!!!!!!

Traitors!!!!

But it all worked out ok in the end :>)

Klara

Dottie Roseboom <rosedotinsightbb> wrote:

Guest guest

Chickpea juice - now you're thinking out of the box!!! I personally preferred the less whipped up version of hummous, the more kind of roughage, with even pieces inside - felt more solid. But I preferred the whipped up texture of the kanten, and the soups and the tofu mayo. since I bought my vita mix, they have come up with newer versions and I believe some kind of attachment (? , not sure) which actually juices rather than just mixes it all up, but it does claim that their juicer gets more out of the vegetable/fruit. about the fairs, I once bought a grape leaf stuffer - wow it looked so easy when the guy did it - I don't believe I ever managed and don't know where that contraption disappeared to. KlaraDottie Roseboom <rosedot@...> wrote: Oh, Klara, I love those fairs! Dad & I would bet each other on what tricks were being used. Never thought about the pineapple juice! Hmm, talking about juicers, I wonder what my juicer would do with chickpeas??? Sure can't afford a vita mix just to make hummus. Dottie Re: Re: Vita-mix Dottie, You can go to those fairs and give samples away - they could always use that I'm sure - that's how I first fell in love with the vita mix - but I felt cheated - they said could make juice just from whole fruits (peels, seeds and all) and it tasted delicious what they made - and couldn't figure out why mine wasn't like that - realized they had added canned pinneaple juice!!!!!! Traitors!!!! But it all

worked out ok in the end :>) Klara Dottie Roseboom <rosedotinsightbb> wrote: . __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Chickpea juice - now you're thinking out of the box!!! I personally preferred the less whipped up version of hummous, the more kind of roughage, with even pieces inside - felt more solid. But I preferred the whipped up texture of the kanten, and the soups and the tofu mayo. since I bought my vita mix, they have come up with newer versions and I believe some kind of attachment (? , not sure) which actually juices rather than just mixes it all up, but it does claim that their juicer gets more out of the vegetable/fruit. about the fairs, I once bought a grape leaf stuffer - wow it looked so easy when the guy did it - I don't believe I ever managed and don't know where that contraption disappeared to. KlaraDottie Roseboom <rosedot@...> wrote: Oh, Klara, I love those fairs! Dad & I would bet each other on what tricks were being used. Never thought about the pineapple juice! Hmm, talking about juicers, I wonder what my juicer would do with chickpeas??? Sure can't afford a vita mix just to make hummus. Dottie Re: Re: Vita-mix Dottie, You can go to those fairs and give samples away - they could always use that I'm sure - that's how I first fell in love with the vita mix - but I felt cheated - they said could make juice just from whole fruits (peels, seeds and all) and it tasted delicious what they made - and couldn't figure out why mine wasn't like that - realized they had added canned pinneaple juice!!!!!! Traitors!!!! But it all

worked out ok in the end :>) Klara Dottie Roseboom <rosedotinsightbb> wrote: . __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Dottie, Now we're talking about a whole other can of worms - how does the effect of how you cook affect you. Remind me of that question in another 30 years when I get better at that. One of the teachers who was at the potluck when everyone ooh'd and aah'd my whipped up hummous said it's important when using electric appliances, to wait a while (don't remember how long that while was, 1/2 hour???) before eating from it, so that the strong energy of electricity has less effect. True?? I don't know, just passing that info on. KlaraDottie Roseboom <rosedot@...> wrote: Hi Klara, , & others, The longer that I cook, the more that I understand the dynamics of fresh food, a clean kitchen, and a happy mind while preparing food. As Klara mentions, silence, is also a big part of the entire process. Therefore, I usually try to use the food processor either before or after most of the other meal preparation. Of course, my kitchen is small, so getting the processor out of my way is extremely helpful. Klara, you mention that hummus is especially good from the vita mix. I love experimenting & will try to find a friend with a vita mix. Can you feel any difference an hour or so after, you've eaten something from the vita mix, compared with hummus made in a processor? Of course, since, one doesn't eat much hummus at one time, the effects might not be discernible. Dottie [sPAM][VeganMacrobi otics] Vita-mix This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but

does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Dottie, Now we're talking about a whole other can of worms - how does the effect of how you cook affect you. Remind me of that question in another 30 years when I get better at that. One of the teachers who was at the potluck when everyone ooh'd and aah'd my whipped up hummous said it's important when using electric appliances, to wait a while (don't remember how long that while was, 1/2 hour???) before eating from it, so that the strong energy of electricity has less effect. True?? I don't know, just passing that info on. KlaraDottie Roseboom <rosedot@...> wrote: Hi Klara, , & others, The longer that I cook, the more that I understand the dynamics of fresh food, a clean kitchen, and a happy mind while preparing food. As Klara mentions, silence, is also a big part of the entire process. Therefore, I usually try to use the food processor either before or after most of the other meal preparation. Of course, my kitchen is small, so getting the processor out of my way is extremely helpful. Klara, you mention that hummus is especially good from the vita mix. I love experimenting & will try to find a friend with a vita mix. Can you feel any difference an hour or so after, you've eaten something from the vita mix, compared with hummus made in a processor? Of course, since, one doesn't eat much hummus at one time, the effects might not be discernible. Dottie [sPAM][VeganMacrobi otics] Vita-mix This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but

does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

I meant to also give another caution about the fairs. For people trying to eliminate junk mail & phone calls, do NOT fill out the "Chance to win..." cards, as they are just a ploy to get your address. Even if you are on "Do not mail" lists, by filling out the card, it gives permission to the company to call or mail.

Wishing everyone only great mail & phone calls.

Dottie

about the fairs, I once bought a grape leaf stuffer - wow it looked so easy when the guy did it - I don't believe I ever managed and don't know where that contraption disappeared to.

KlaraDottie Roseboom <rosedotinsightbb> wrote:

Guest guest

I meant to also give another caution about the fairs. For people trying to eliminate junk mail & phone calls, do NOT fill out the "Chance to win..." cards, as they are just a ploy to get your address. Even if you are on "Do not mail" lists, by filling out the card, it gives permission to the company to call or mail.

Wishing everyone only great mail & phone calls.

Dottie

about the fairs, I once bought a grape leaf stuffer - wow it looked so easy when the guy did it - I don't believe I ever managed and don't know where that contraption disappeared to.

KlaraDottie Roseboom <rosedotinsightbb> wrote:

Guest guest

Yep, macro theory states to wait 1/2 - 1 hour before eating "vibrated" food. Many counselors recommend not using any electrical appliances if one is healing from a serious illness. Of course, if one waits before drinking juices, some oxidation takes place....

I really don't like to feel vibrations, even the vibration that is transmitted from a appliance to the counter-top. Along these lines, I've often wondered why no one has ever mentioned the refrigerator's vibration. Although it's not nearly as strong as a blender's, when the compressor is working, there is a slight jarring. I noticed this yesterday, as a glass of sprouts was touching a glass bowl. They were softly "chattering" from the vibration. Thank goodness that the compressor doesn't run constantly.

I'm very sensitive to noise, so many times, I'll just puree soups by hand, which doesn't take much more time for just 2 people, then it does to clean the pureeing appliance.

I'm also wondering why we are so attracted to the extreme smoothness & creaminess of processed food. Perhaps we are so hurried in our daily lives, that we can not get that "comfort" feeling from hand blending? There are many ways to balance, some being easier on us than others.

Yes, I know that we live in the 21st century, so many of our modern inventions can not be avoided. And perhaps, we don't even want to - especially if we are cooking for many people. However, if we are aware of how things affect us, we can choose what to limit.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Dottie

[sPAM][VeganMacrobi otics] Vita-mix

This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Dottie, I have heard there are some macros that reject the use of refrigeration and will keep grains out of the fridge - I've done that a couple times with rice and there was no problem at all. There is ideal, and then there is where we are at now - ideal would be to put you water up to cook (from the well of course), go outside and pick your veggies then come in and cook just enough for the meal. All very softly and quietly, of course, with the birds singing in the background, and the leaves rustling on the trees, and the brook babbling - nice noises. Mayvbe, one day..... KlaraDottie Roseboom <rosedot@...> wrote: Yep, macro theory states to wait 1/2 - 1 hour before eating "vibrated" food. Many counselors recommend not using any electrical appliances if one is healing from a serious illness. Of course, if one waits before drinking juices, some oxidation takes place.... I really don't like to feel vibrations, even the vibration that is transmitted from a appliance to the counter-top. Along these lines, I've often wondered why no one has ever mentioned the refrigerator's vibration. Although it's not nearly as strong as a blender's, when the compressor is working, there is a slight jarring. I noticed this yesterday, as a glass of sprouts was touching a glass bowl. They were

softly "chattering" from the vibration. Thank goodness that the compressor doesn't run constantly. I'm very sensitive to noise, so many times, I'll just puree soups by hand, which doesn't take much more time for just 2 people, then it does to clean the pureeing appliance. I'm also wondering why we are so attracted to the extreme smoothness & creaminess of processed food. Perhaps we are so hurried in our daily lives, that we can not get that "comfort" feeling from hand blending? There are many ways to balance, some being easier on us than others. Yes, I know that we live in the 21st century, so many of our modern inventions can not be avoided. And perhaps, we don't even want to -

especially if we are cooking for many people. However, if we are aware of how things affect us, we can choose what to limit. Wishing everyone a great week. Dottie [sPAM][VeganMacrobi otics] Vita-mix This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. ____________ _________ _________ _________

_________ __

Guest guest

ROFL Klara, very funny! I must say though, that I am very smug and pleased with myself being able, this year, to go outside, in November and pull fresh carrots and cut fresh spinach and chard from my cold frame and make breakfast with it. Gives me no end of satisfaction, not to mention how amazing those fresh carrots taste! So sweet, like nothing I've ever bought, even from the farmer's market. Next year I'm growing even more vegetables for the winter garden.I also have a blender and food processor which I rarely use. I just love hand prepping things, lovely little piles or bowls of things chopped to different sizes and shapes, it pleases me really. It's very creative, artistic, preparing a delicious and lovely meal and I enjoy the process - thinking about the colors, textures, flavors.I do have lots of birds singing, or scolding me, in the background, a few bunnies hopping by and the odd coyote too. Have to work on that babbling brook though.On Nov 5, 2007, at 12:56 PM, Klara LeVine wrote:Dottie, I have heard there are some macros that reject the use of refrigeration and will keep grains out of the fridge - I've done that a couple times with rice and there was no problem at all. There is ideal, and then there is where we are at now - ideal would be to put you water up to cook (from the well of course), go outside and pick your veggies then come in and cook just enough for the meal. All very softly and quietly, of course, with the birds singing in the background, and the leaves rustling on the trees, and the brook babbling - nice noises. Mayvbe, one day..... Klara

Guest guest

Klara, I've never refrigerated grains or even leftover veggie dishes. But I was taught that it was more from not eating cold foods. Also, refrigeration does somewhat alter the texture/taste of grains.

I hadn't heard of anyone not using refrigerators because of vibrations. Do you know how they keep tofu, tempeh, sauerkraut, & raw leafy greens? Maybe in the babbling brook? I laughed when I read that, as I have a friend who hates the noise that our pond makes as it "babbles" over the dam. We're all different :-)

Well, some of us could show our age by admitting to remembering the old ice boxes that our Grandmothers used. Sorry that I can't remember that, but I do remember my grandmother cooking on a wood stove. Now that took an expert cook!

Dottie

Re: Vita-mix

Guest guest

I once stayed up north (oregon) with a family that cooked over a wood stove - I love that. hmm, guess I'm on the older side, do have vague recollections of an ice box - but maybe that's just from some tv shows :>) my mother did used to tell me that they used to go to the well to get their water - and it was reused and reused and reused - no waste there. not refrigerating and not eating cold foods are two different things - refrigerated foods can always be warmed up!!!! I used to eat by someone and often felt some of the food tasted off - and I believe that was because he left it out way too long. How do your vegetables not get spoiled????? For the greens, I was told by a farmer to put them stem side in inside a vase of water, just like flowers (but then he did say to cover it with a plastic and put vase of greens into fridge) ah, also remember days of camping in which we used the

babbling brook to keep the beer cold!!!!!! I have a neighbor who has a babbling pond, and to me it just sounds like someone forgot to turn off the faucet - not at all natural sound. now who started all this with the vita mix??????? KlaraDottie Roseboom <rosedot@...> wrote: Klara, I've never refrigerated grains or even leftover veggie dishes. But I was taught that it was more from not eating cold foods. Also, refrigeration does somewhat alter

the texture/taste of grains. I hadn't heard of anyone not using refrigerators because of vibrations. Do you know how they keep tofu, tempeh, sauerkraut, & raw leafy greens? Maybe in the babbling brook? I laughed when I read that, as I have a friend who hates the noise that our pond makes as it "babbles" over the dam. We're all different :-) Well, some of us could show our age by admitting to remembering the old ice boxes that our Grandmothers used. Sorry that I can't remember that, but I do remember my grandmother cooking on a wood stove. Now that took an expert cook! Dottie Re: Vita-mix . __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Crhistine Do you use the greens from your carrots? I'm quite jealous - I've never succeeded with growing carrots - but I won't give up. I did get itsy bitsy teeny ones. I also have chard, but don't use it because in my mb learning was told it (and spinach) have oxalic acid, a no-no. I love the way chard just keeps popping up all over the garden. Klara Cassidy <christinecassidy@...> wrote: ROFL Klara, very funny! I must say though, that I am very smug

and pleased with myself being able, this year, to go outside, in November and pull fresh carrots and cut fresh spinach and chard from my cold frame and make breakfast with it. Gives me no end of satisfaction, not to mention how amazing those fresh carrots taste! So sweet, like nothing I've ever bought, even from the farmer's market. Next year I'm growing even more vegetables for the winter garden. I also have a blender and food processor which I rarely use. I just love hand prepping things, lovely little piles or bowls of things chopped to different sizes and shapes, it pleases me really. It's very creative, artistic, preparing a delicious and lovely meal and I enjoy the process - thinking about the colors, textures, flavors. I do have lots of birds singing, or scolding me, in the background, a few bunnies hopping

by and the odd coyote too. Have to work on that babbling brook though. On Nov 5, 2007, at 12:56 PM, Klara LeVine wrote: Dottie, I have heard there are some macros that reject the use of refrigeration and will keep grains out of the fridge - I've done that a couple times with rice and there was no problem at all. There is ideal, and then there is where we are at now - ideal would be to put you water up to cook (from the well of course), go outside and

pick your veggies then come in and cook just enough for the meal. All very softly and quietly, of course, with the birds singing in the background, and the leaves rustling on the trees, and the brook babbling - nice noises. Mayvbe, one day..... Klara __________________________________________________

Guest guest

The carrot tops, No, not yet, I don't what to do with them. Have you

cooked them, do tell me more? I'd love to know how to use them if

it's possible. I started them rather late, July, so they are not too

big but they will stand in the garden all winter and get sweeter from

cold weather. I cover them up at night with a frost cloth.

I did know that about the oxalic acid but I had already planted them

when I decided to go more macro so I will use them but next year I

will plant other things for winter greens. I had rapini in there but

it got too big too fast so I had to cut it all out. I think it didn't

really need the cold frame anyway, it likes the cold, so I'll grow it

in a box I can hoop over for the winter next year. What winter greens

do you think would be good to grow, besides the kales?

It seems the big problem with a high oxalic acid diet is kidney

stones, more common in men than women. I would think if you are

eating a highly alkaline vegetarian diet they should not be a big

problem. What do you think? Should I be more concerned? Something

more I should know about them? I am interested.

I was just looking at some Google stuff on it and found this:

http://patienteducation.upmc.com/Pdf/LowOxalateDiet.pdf

Check out the " Avoid these high-oxalate foods and drinks " part

On Nov 5, 2007, at 2:02 PM, Klara LeVine wrote:

> Crhistine

> Do you use the greens from your carrots? I'm quite jealous - I've

> never succeeded with growing carrots - but I won't give up. I did

> get itsy bitsy teeny ones.

> I also have chard, but don't use it because in my mb learning was

> told it (and spinach) have oxalic acid, a no-no. I love the way

> chard just keeps popping up all over the garden.

> Klara

>

> Cassidy <christinecassidy@...> wrote:

> ROFL Klara, very funny!

>

> I must say though, that I am very smug and pleased with myself being

> able, this year, to go outside, in November and pull fresh carrots

> and cut fresh spinach and chard from my cold frame and make

> breakfast with it. Gives me no end of satisfaction, not to mention

> how amazing those fresh carrots taste! So sweet, like nothing I've

> ever bought, even from the farmer's market. Next year I'm growing

> even more vegetables for the winter garden.

>

> I also have a blender and food processor which I rarely use. I just

> love hand prepping things, lovely little piles or bowls of things

> chopped to different sizes and shapes, it pleases me really. It's

> very creative, artistic, preparing a delicious and lovely meal and I

> enjoy the process - thinking about the colors, textures, flavors.

>

> I do have lots of birds singing, or scolding me, in the background,

> a few bunnies hopping by and the odd coyote too. Have to work on

> that babbling brook though.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi, ~ Have you thought about kale for your cold frame?

Kale loves the cold! My local organic farmer has several greenhouses

and keeps a year-round CSA, but his winter kale is SO delicious!

I love chard, too! Here's my favorite chard and spinach recipe,

it's my two-year old's favorite meal!!

Serve with quinoa or any grain.

Fresh Greens Sauce

serves 3, add more leaves for more people

4-5 leaves swiss chard

about 2 handfuls spinach

3 tbsp toasted pine nuts

juice 1/2 lemon

olive oil or flax seed oil

pinch salt

In a pot large enough to wilt leaves in, bring a small amount of water

to a boil, I usually eye everything--about a 1/3c maybe? Rinse leaves

and place in pot, cover with lid, and gently steam until wilted and bright

green. Fish out the leaves and place in blender, pour in some of the cooking

water, pine nuts, and a splash of fresh oil, pinch of salt. Blend until there

is

a small hole in the center of the mixture, adding more cooking water as needed.

I usually add the lemon juice to taste, sometimes it takes a whole 1/2 lemon,

sometimes not. I've used lemon juice concentrate when in a pinch, but it's

much more satisfying fresh if you can get it.

This sauce can also be easily paired with some nishime vegetables, anything

really....I love this recipe when I'm pressed for time but want to get some

greens in!

I usually make it with kale, but it's so much smoother and softer with chard

and spinach! ;-)

oh, and you'll want to leave out the stems on this one, they're too woody

for the blender....unless you have a vitamix! LOL! (plus, very tart and not

too

tasty for this sauce!)

enjoy your winter harvests!

Holly

> > ROFL Klara, very funny!

> >

> > I must say though, that I am very smug and pleased with myself being

> > able, this year, to go outside, in November and pull fresh carrots

> > and cut fresh spinach and chard from my cold frame and make

> > breakfast with it. Gives me no end of satisfaction, not to mention

> > how amazing those fresh carrots taste! So sweet, like nothing I've

> > ever bought, even from the farmer's market. Next year I'm growing

> > even more vegetables for the winter garden.

> >

> > I also have a blender and food processor which I rarely use. I just

> > love hand prepping things, lovely little piles or bowls of things

> > chopped to different sizes and shapes, it pleases me really. It's

> > very creative, artistic, preparing a delicious and lovely meal and I

> > enjoy the process - thinking about the colors, textures, flavors.

> >

> > I do have lots of birds singing, or scolding me, in the background,

> > a few bunnies hopping by and the odd coyote too. Have to work on

> > that babbling brook though.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks for the recipe Holly, sounds pestoish, also reminds me of

Indian sag dishes.

This year I only had two raised boxes for my summer gardening because

I didn't have a garden last year and had moved them from a different

location. Then we built a third box for a cold frame which got

planted later for the winter. One of them is still not quite in the

right place - too much shade, I am going to move them yet again. I

did not have too much room for the variety I would have liked.

Probably it's too late for this year but next year I will for sure

have some kales, I do like them. I think they may be alright outside

of a cold frame, just hooped like the carrots are they are not as

tender as the spinach and chard. It's also an experiment, to see how

well the cold frame and carrots do this winter. If all goes well I

would like to increase our year round crops. It is so great picking

fresh greens and carrots in November. I am reading Eliot 's

book to learn more, as he is a year round market gardener.

On Nov 6, 2007, at 6:49 AM, Holly wrote:

> Hi, ~ Have you thought about kale for your cold frame?

> Kale loves the cold! My local organic farmer has several greenhouses

> and keeps a year-round CSA, but his winter kale is SO delicious!

>

> I love chard, too! Here's my favorite chard and spinach recipe,

> it's my two-year old's favorite meal!!

>

> Serve with quinoa or any grain.

>

> Fresh Greens Sauce

>

> serves 3, add more leaves for more people

>

> 4-5 leaves swiss chard

> about 2 handfuls spinach

> 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts

> juice 1/2 lemon

> olive oil or flax seed oil

> pinch salt

>

> In a pot large enough to wilt leaves in, bring a small amount of water

> to a boil, I usually eye everything--about a 1/3c maybe? Rinse leaves

> and place in pot, cover with lid, and gently steam until wilted and

> bright

> green. Fish out the leaves and place in blender, pour in some of

> the cooking

> water, pine nuts, and a splash of fresh oil, pinch of salt. Blend

> until there is

> a small hole in the center of the mixture, adding more cooking

> water as needed.

> I usually add the lemon juice to taste, sometimes it takes a whole

> 1/2 lemon,

> sometimes not. I've used lemon juice concentrate when in a pinch,

> but it's

> much more satisfying fresh if you can get it.

>

> This sauce can also be easily paired with some nishime vegetables,

> anything

> really....I love this recipe when I'm pressed for time but want to

> get some

> greens in!

>

> I usually make it with kale, but it's so much smoother and softer

> with chard

> and spinach! ;-)

>

> oh, and you'll want to leave out the stems on this one, they're too

> woody

> for the blender....unless you have a vitamix! LOL! (plus, very

> tart and not too

> tasty for this sauce!)

>

> enjoy your winter harvests!

> Holly

>

>

>>> ROFL Klara, very funny!

>>>

>>> I must say though, that I am very smug and pleased with myself being

>>> able, this year, to go outside, in November and pull fresh carrots

>>> and cut fresh spinach and chard from my cold frame and make

>>> breakfast with it. Gives me no end of satisfaction, not to mention

>>> how amazing those fresh carrots taste! So sweet, like nothing I've

>>> ever bought, even from the farmer's market. Next year I'm growing

>>> even more vegetables for the winter garden.

>>>

>>> I also have a blender and food processor which I rarely use. I just

>>> love hand prepping things, lovely little piles or bowls of things

>>> chopped to different sizes and shapes, it pleases me really. It's

>>> very creative, artistic, preparing a delicious and lovely meal and I

>>> enjoy the process - thinking about the colors, textures, flavors.

>>>

>>> I do have lots of birds singing, or scolding me, in the background,

>>> a few bunnies hopping by and the odd coyote too. Have to work on

>>> that babbling brook though.

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

During the summer, my family would go to our wood cabin and we

happily lived with no electricity, bathed in the lake, got fresh

spring water for drinking, and cooked everything in the woodburning

stove. All items that needed to be chilled were stored in our root

cellar built into the hill that was insulated with rocks. Heaven!!

Best,

> Yep, macro theory states to wait 1/2 - 1 hour before

eating " vibrated " food. Many counselors recommend not using any

electrical appliances if one is healing from a serious illness. Of

course, if one waits before drinking juices, some oxidation takes

place....

> I really don't like to feel vibrations, even the vibration that

is transmitted from a appliance to the counter-top. Along these

lines, I've often wondered why no one has ever mentioned the

refrigerator's vibration. Although it's not nearly as strong as a

blender's, when the compressor is working, there is a slight jarring.

I noticed this yesterday, as a glass of sprouts was touching a glass

bowl. They were softly " chattering " from the vibration. Thank

goodness that the compressor doesn't run constantly.

>

> I'm very sensitive to noise, so many times, I'll just puree soups

by hand, which doesn't take much more time for just 2 people, then it

does to clean the pureeing appliance.

>

> I'm also wondering why we are so attracted to the extreme

smoothness & creaminess of processed food. Perhaps we are so hurried

in our daily lives, that we can not get that " comfort " feeling from

hand blending? There are many ways to balance, some being easier on

us than others.

>

> Yes, I know that we live in the 21st century, so many of our

modern inventions can not be avoided. And perhaps, we don't even want

to - especially if we are cooking for many people. However, if we are

aware of how things affect us, we can choose what to limit.

>

> Wishing everyone a great week.

> Dottie

> Re: Vita-mix

>

>

>

> .

>

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

During the summer, my family would go to our wood cabin and we

happily lived with no electricity, bathed in the lake, got fresh

spring water for drinking, and cooked everything in the woodburning

stove. All items that needed to be chilled were stored in our root

cellar built into the hill that was insulated with rocks. Heaven!!

Best,

> Yep, macro theory states to wait 1/2 - 1 hour before

eating " vibrated " food. Many counselors recommend not using any

electrical appliances if one is healing from a serious illness. Of

course, if one waits before drinking juices, some oxidation takes

place....

> I really don't like to feel vibrations, even the vibration that

is transmitted from a appliance to the counter-top. Along these

lines, I've often wondered why no one has ever mentioned the

refrigerator's vibration. Although it's not nearly as strong as a

blender's, when the compressor is working, there is a slight jarring.

I noticed this yesterday, as a glass of sprouts was touching a glass

bowl. They were softly " chattering " from the vibration. Thank

goodness that the compressor doesn't run constantly.

>

> I'm very sensitive to noise, so many times, I'll just puree soups

by hand, which doesn't take much more time for just 2 people, then it

does to clean the pureeing appliance.

>

> I'm also wondering why we are so attracted to the extreme

smoothness & creaminess of processed food. Perhaps we are so hurried

in our daily lives, that we can not get that " comfort " feeling from

hand blending? There are many ways to balance, some being easier on

us than others.

>

> Yes, I know that we live in the 21st century, so many of our

modern inventions can not be avoided. And perhaps, we don't even want

to - especially if we are cooking for many people. However, if we are

aware of how things affect us, we can choose what to limit.

>

> Wishing everyone a great week.

> Dottie

> Re: Vita-mix

>

>

>

> .

>

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

This is so interesting Klara! I hadn't thought about that - the noise or lack thereof in the kitchen. I will be more aware tomorrow to see what kind of condition I am in. LOL. Right now I feel like I am going to resemble something like the Tazmanian Devil, wild and crazy. I will keep you posted,

This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

This is so interesting Klara! I hadn't thought about that - the noise or lack thereof in the kitchen. I will be more aware tomorrow to see what kind of condition I am in. LOL. Right now I feel like I am going to resemble something like the Tazmanian Devil, wild and crazy. I will keep you posted,

Guest guest

, It's also important to know that you feel like a Tasmanian devil, because then you can reflect what foods would balance that - a soft sweet vegetable soup?? Klaraandrea turner <adturner132003@...> wrote: This is so interesting Klara! I hadn't thought about that - the noise or lack thereof in

the kitchen. I will be more aware tomorrow to see what kind of condition I am in. LOL. Right now I feel like I am going to resemble something like the Tazmanian Devil, wild and crazy. I will keep you posted,

[sPAM][VeganMacrobi otics] Vita-mix This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

, It's also important to know that you feel like a Tasmanian devil, because then you can reflect what foods would balance that - a soft sweet vegetable soup?? Klaraandrea turner <adturner132003@...> wrote: This is so interesting Klara! I hadn't thought about that - the noise or lack thereof in

the kitchen. I will be more aware tomorrow to see what kind of condition I am in. LOL. Right now I feel like I am going to resemble something like the Tazmanian Devil, wild and crazy. I will keep you posted,

[sPAM][VeganMacrobi otics] Vita-mix This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

kale can be gassy on the wee one .and put it thru a mill as it can be fibrous I could not eat brassicas while breast feeding ...In a message dated 11/11/2007 10:10:51 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, purpleveg@... writes:

sounds great, I'm going to try this one. Marlie goes back and forth with allowing me to feed her kale now she only likes the purple kale but this would be a great way to get her to eat more, thanks!RegPS We're

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Guest guest

kale can be gassy on the wee one .and put it thru a mill as it can be fibrous I could not eat brassicas while breast feeding ...In a message dated 11/11/2007 10:10:51 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, purpleveg@... writes:

sounds great, I'm going to try this one. Marlie goes back and forth with allowing me to feed her kale now she only likes the purple kale but this would be a great way to get her to eat more, thanks!RegPS We're

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.