* Phone: (619) 232-JUDO *

Guest guest

There has been much discussion about diet - raw foods, vegetarian, etc. Has

anyone experience with a Vita-Mix? I have long hankered after one but not sure

why. Any input appreciated.

Thanks,

Kate

Guest guest

I bought one in 1982 its very hard to clean and the hype of what it can do was sadly disappointing , I use it for grinding flour but you need a sifter because it does not grind fine and it heats up the grains , also it sounds like an airplane taking off. cost me over 300 dollars back then..In a message dated 11/3/2007 8:44:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, holyladle@... writes:

I also think they're great because you can grind your own flours inside. I cannot attest to how fine, but it's definitely one of the touted functions!

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing , the dawn will come . You wait and watch and work: You do not give up. ~ Anne LamottSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

, I think Reg was alluding to the Vita-Mix function of leaving

the pulp in while juicing...You can liquify anything in the vita-mix,

raw foodists typically use a vita-mix to make green soups, sauces,

dips, etc. It's handy if you like to liquify a lot of things!

the engine of a vita-mix is powerful, and there's something with the

blades where they can stop in mid-action and reverse. I've owned

one before, they're practically indestructible!

I've seen the new vita-mix models on ebay, they're getting quite expensive!

If you watch, you can get an older sidewinder for under a $100! To me,

it's well worth it.

I also think they're great because you can grind your own flours inside.

I cannot attest to how fine, but it's definitely one of the touted functions!

I have a blender and a food processor, and can pretty much do everything I

need with these two items, though I cannot and do not grind my own grain

flours...

Are you aspiring to make your own flour?

As for no-call lists, there is a telemarketing no-call list.

They differ from state to state, I think if you google your state

you should find the information. (google " no call list Colorado "

or wherever you are)

HTH!

Holly

> >

> > This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here

> own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow

> about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype?

Anyway,

> I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone

> had some insight.

> >

> > __________________________________________________

> >

Guest guest

I bought one in 1982 its very hard to clean and the hype of what it can do was sadly disappointing , I use it for grinding flour but you need a sifter because it does not grind fine and it heats up the grains , also it sounds like an airplane taking off. cost me over 300 dollars back then..In a message dated 11/3/2007 8:44:15 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, holyladle@... writes:

I also think they're great because you can grind your own flours inside. I cannot attest to how fine, but it's definitely one of the touted functions!

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing , the dawn will come . You wait and watch and work: You do not give up. ~ Anne LamottSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

it's well worth it.

flours...

or wherever you are)

HTH!

Holly

> >

> > This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here

> own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow

> about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype?

Anyway,

> I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone

> had some insight.

> >

> >

Guest guest

it's well worth it.

flours...

or wherever you are)

HTH!

Holly

> >

> > This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does

anyone here

> own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails

somehow

> about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it

hype?

Anyway,

> I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just

wondering if anyone

> had some insight.

> >

> >

Guest guest

it's well worth it.

flours...

or wherever you are)

HTH!

Holly

> >

> > This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does

anyone here

> own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails

somehow

> about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it

hype?

Anyway,

> I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just

wondering if anyone

> had some insight.

> >

> >

Guest guest

I have one and i absolutely love it. i bought mine about a year ago and i use it everyday atlease once. I dont make veggie juices though - those to me are really not good, but i do make fruit smoothies where i throw in a few veggies for the nutrition and they come out great. I make allot of nut/seed milks as well and i dont bother to strain them. they come out creamy, the constitency of canned milk, which goes great in hot cereal.

._,___

Guest guest

I have one and i absolutely love it. i bought mine about a year ago and i use it everyday atlease once. I dont make veggie juices though - those to me are really not good, but i do make fruit smoothies where i throw in a few veggies for the nutrition and they come out great. I make allot of nut/seed milks as well and i dont bother to strain them. they come out creamy, the constitency of canned milk, which goes great in hot cereal.

._,___

Guest guest

, Holly brings up a good point - what would you use it for?? I happen to have one, and have had it for ages - maybe 25 years!!! It is NOT indestructable, I don't think anything is - but fortunately I have had it upgraded, and yes, also fixed. When I first got it I did alot of things with it (but that was way before mb days) - including making the bread as they describe. No the flour did not get all fine, but it didn't matter, made the bread interesting to have chewy wheat in it. I might have posted this here already, before mb I did Fit for Life, so my vitamix was faithfully making me mixed fruit juices every morning. And yes, I also made different soups and other recipes from the book. It's much more powerful than a regular blender - and it's probably the only electric kitchen gadget I still use, tho not that often. Yes, I prefer to blend soup in that over a wand - and it makes wonderful tofu

mayonnaise, as well as nicely creamy humous. And it's great for when I mix kantens, especially for mocha mousse!!!! I don't grind my own flour anymore, tho often thought I should - but if that's one reason for purchasing it, I'd look into stone ground contraptions. One of the nice things about macrobiotics is you can keep it as simple as you'd like, or get as complicated as you'd like. You can live without the vitamix, but I personally love mine and glad I was in a generous mood when I bought it - just couldn't see spending that kind of money today. KlaraHolly <holyladle@...> wrote: , I think Reg was alluding to the Vita-Mix function of leavingthe pulp in while juicing...You can liquify anything in the vita-mix,raw foodists typically use a vita-mix to make green soups, sauces,dips, etc. It's handy if you like to liquify a lot of things! the engine of a vita-mix is powerful, and there's something with theblades where they can stop in mid-action and reverse. I've ownedone before, they're practically indestructible!I've seen the new vita-mix models on ebay, they're getting quite expensive!If you watch, you can get an older sidewinder for under a $100! To me,it's well worth it.I also think they're great because you can grind your own flours inside. I cannot attest to how fine, but it's definitely one of the touted functions!I have a blender and a food processor, and can pretty much do

everything Ineed with these two items, though I cannot and do not grind my own grainflours...Are you aspiring to make your own flour?As for no-call lists, there is a telemarketing no-call list.They differ from state to state, I think if you google your stateyou should find the information. (google "no call list Colorado" or wherever you are)HTH!Holly> >> > This is really an offbeat question, as are

most of mine I guess, but does anyone here > own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow > about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, > I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone > had some insight. > > > > __________________________________________________> >

Guest guest

, Holly brings up a good point - what would you use it for?? I happen to have one, and have had it for ages - maybe 25 years!!! It is NOT indestructable, I don't think anything is - but fortunately I have had it upgraded, and yes, also fixed. When I first got it I did alot of things with it (but that was way before mb days) - including making the bread as they describe. No the flour did not get all fine, but it didn't matter, made the bread interesting to have chewy wheat in it. I might have posted this here already, before mb I did Fit for Life, so my vitamix was faithfully making me mixed fruit juices every morning. And yes, I also made different soups and other recipes from the book. It's much more powerful than a regular blender - and it's probably the only electric kitchen gadget I still use, tho not that often. Yes, I prefer to blend soup in that over a wand - and it makes wonderful tofu

mayonnaise, as well as nicely creamy humous. And it's great for when I mix kantens, especially for mocha mousse!!!! I don't grind my own flour anymore, tho often thought I should - but if that's one reason for purchasing it, I'd look into stone ground contraptions. One of the nice things about macrobiotics is you can keep it as simple as you'd like, or get as complicated as you'd like. You can live without the vitamix, but I personally love mine and glad I was in a generous mood when I bought it - just couldn't see spending that kind of money today. KlaraHolly <holyladle@...> wrote: , I think Reg was alluding to the Vita-Mix function of leavingthe pulp in while juicing...You can liquify anything in the vita-mix,raw foodists typically use a vita-mix to make green soups, sauces,dips, etc. It's handy if you like to liquify a lot of things! the engine of a vita-mix is powerful, and there's something with theblades where they can stop in mid-action and reverse. I've ownedone before, they're practically indestructible!I've seen the new vita-mix models on ebay, they're getting quite expensive!If you watch, you can get an older sidewinder for under a $100! To me,it's well worth it.I also think they're great because you can grind your own flours inside. I cannot attest to how fine, but it's definitely one of the touted functions!I have a blender and a food processor, and can pretty much do

everything Ineed with these two items, though I cannot and do not grind my own grainflours...Are you aspiring to make your own flour?As for no-call lists, there is a telemarketing no-call list.They differ from state to state, I think if you google your stateyou should find the information. (google "no call list Colorado" or wherever you are)HTH!Holly> >> > This is really an offbeat question, as are

most of mine I guess, but does anyone here > own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow > about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, > I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone > had some insight. > > > > __________________________________________________> >

Guest guest

Hi , Well it looks like you've had some great comments on the vita-mixer! I don't happen to have one....My little Cuisinart & big Cuisinart food processors do a good job on tofu mayo, hummus, kantens, and hmmm, what else is there to process in macrobiotics?

And just for the two of us, the Cuisinart stick does a fine job of pureeing soups - I love pureeing right in the pot, instead of pouring it into a blender, and then back into the pot. Boy, this sounds like a Cuisinart commercial....maybe VitaMixer should give me one, so that I could say how much better it is....

Some people are very sensitive to different noise & vibration levels. Might want to check that out, before you buy, just in case.

BTW, Holly mentioned getting on your state's do-not-call list. Since you're already getting calls, they don't have to now quit calling, especially, if you've done any kind of business with them. However, usually, if you very firmly, but politely, ask them to put your name on their own do-not-call list, most companies will. With some companies, it might take a couple of requests before it's routed to the correct person.

I love being on Illinois' no-call-list!

Dottie

[sPAM] Vita-mix

This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi , Well it looks like you've had some great comments on the vita-mixer! I don't happen to have one....My little Cuisinart & big Cuisinart food processors do a good job on tofu mayo, hummus, kantens, and hmmm, what else is there to process in macrobiotics?

And just for the two of us, the Cuisinart stick does a fine job of pureeing soups - I love pureeing right in the pot, instead of pouring it into a blender, and then back into the pot. Boy, this sounds like a Cuisinart commercial....maybe VitaMixer should give me one, so that I could say how much better it is....

Some people are very sensitive to different noise & vibration levels. Might want to check that out, before you buy, just in case.

BTW, Holly mentioned getting on your state's do-not-call list. Since you're already getting calls, they don't have to now quit calling, especially, if you've done any kind of business with them. However, usually, if you very firmly, but politely, ask them to put your name on their own do-not-call list, most companies will. With some companies, it might take a couple of requests before it's routed to the correct person.

I love being on Illinois' no-call-list!

Dottie

[sPAM] Vita-mix

This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

well, if I ever give up on macro, there was ices, ice cream - rather I made my fruit juices with ice and they came out like sherberts and yes, I did love those breads in the vita mix actually, when I first got the vita mix, I had heard how much better for compost if I first cut them (peels, etc) up small, or even better, blend them up - and yup, used them for my compost making (how's that for thinking outside the box??) - blended up EVERYTHING!!!! KlaraDottie Roseboom <rosedot@...> wrote:

Hi , Well it looks like you've had some great comments on the vita-mixer! I don't happen to have one....My little Cuisinart & big Cuisinart food processors do a good job on tofu mayo, hummus, kantens, and hmmm, what else is there to process in macrobiotics? And just for the two of us, the Cuisinart stick does a fine job of pureeing soups - I love pureeing right in the pot, instead of pouring it into a blender, and then back into the pot. Boy, this sounds like a Cuisinart commercial....maybe VitaMixer should give me one, so that I could say how much better it is.... Some people are very sensitive to different noise & vibration levels. Might want to check that out, before you buy, just in case.

BTW, Holly mentioned getting on your state's do-not-call list. Since you're already getting calls, they don't have to now quit calling, especially, if you've done any kind of business with them. However, usually, if you very firmly, but politely, ask them to put your name on their own do-not-call list, most companies will. With some companies, it might take a couple of requests before it's routed to the correct person. I love being on Illinois' no-call-list! Dottie [sPAM] Vita-mix This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some

insight. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

well, if I ever give up on macro, there was ices, ice cream - rather I made my fruit juices with ice and they came out like sherberts and yes, I did love those breads in the vita mix actually, when I first got the vita mix, I had heard how much better for compost if I first cut them (peels, etc) up small, or even better, blend them up - and yup, used them for my compost making (how's that for thinking outside the box??) - blended up EVERYTHING!!!! KlaraDottie Roseboom <rosedot@...> wrote:

Hi , Well it looks like you've had some great comments on the vita-mixer! I don't happen to have one....My little Cuisinart & big Cuisinart food processors do a good job on tofu mayo, hummus, kantens, and hmmm, what else is there to process in macrobiotics? And just for the two of us, the Cuisinart stick does a fine job of pureeing soups - I love pureeing right in the pot, instead of pouring it into a blender, and then back into the pot. Boy, this sounds like a Cuisinart commercial....maybe VitaMixer should give me one, so that I could say how much better it is.... Some people are very sensitive to different noise & vibration levels. Might want to check that out, before you buy, just in case.

BTW, Holly mentioned getting on your state's do-not-call list. Since you're already getting calls, they don't have to now quit calling, especially, if you've done any kind of business with them. However, usually, if you very firmly, but politely, ask them to put your name on their own do-not-call list, most companies will. With some companies, it might take a couple of requests before it's routed to the correct person. I love being on Illinois' no-call-list! Dottie [sPAM] Vita-mix This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some

insight. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Oh, yes! compost always decomposes quicker in smaller pieces. Now, how do I go about getting them to give me a vita-mixer???

Dottie

[sPAM] Vita-mix

Guest guest

Oh, yes! compost always decomposes quicker in smaller pieces. Now, how do I go about getting them to give me a vita-mixer???

Dottie

[sPAM] Vita-mix

Guest guest

I did get some good replies!! I am actually surprised at how many people own them....especially since they cost as much as a dishwasher some of them, lol. Anyway, the more I hear about them, the more I was thinking that they would be good for veggie drinks, soups, hummus, etc. But, I have a food processor and that is where I have been trying to make the distinction really - how this would be different from a food processor, or blender. I know that the motor in the vitamix is the same size motor in a lawn mower, so that explains the difference a bit!

It is interesting that you mention the sounds and sensitivity to them. I am just realizing that my three year old is becoming extremely sensitive to loud noises like that. Lately, every time we start making something he asks reluctnantly if we have to use the beaters or the blender. It is something that is just coming about, but he certainly does not like the "loudness" of the kitchen appliances, or other items like the hair dryer recently.

Thanks for all the vitamix input!

[sPAM][VeganMacrobi otics] Vita-mix

This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

I did get some good replies!! I am actually surprised at how many people own them....especially since they cost as much as a dishwasher some of them, lol. Anyway, the more I hear about them, the more I was thinking that they would be good for veggie drinks, soups, hummus, etc. But, I have a food processor and that is where I have been trying to make the distinction really - how this would be different from a food processor, or blender. I know that the motor in the vitamix is the same size motor in a lawn mower, so that explains the difference a bit!

It is interesting that you mention the sounds and sensitivity to them. I am just realizing that my three year old is becoming extremely sensitive to loud noises like that. Lately, every time we start making something he asks reluctnantly if we have to use the beaters or the blender. It is something that is just coming about, but he certainly does not like the "loudness" of the kitchen appliances, or other items like the hair dryer recently.

Thanks for all the vitamix input!

This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

, Two points: Right now something is wrong with my pressure cooker (just needs a rubber gasket, it's on its way) and I tried cooking some black soybeans - soaked forever and cooked forever, and just didn't become that wonderful softness that it does as with the pc. That's how I'd compare the vita mix results with a food processor - and of course that only applies to certain foods, tofu, well cooked vegetables, soups, can all be pretty well blended with other equipment. But I've never had my hummous or my mocha mousse come out as soft and creamy as with the vita mix - and others also appreciated the difference. But the noise issue is another big issue - I remember being very impressed with a description of someone taking a cooking class with Aveline, and how you couldn't hear anything but wonderful silence - peace while cooking. Now when I chop I work very hard on doing it with great consciousness and silence - it

feels so much more - ?? - just feels good, not sure how to describe - also lots of other things, like cupboard doors closing, pots banging, I notice all these noises when others are in the kitchen, and I just keep thinking, ok, it's just a reflection of their condition, and feel proud of myself when I am able to move smoothly in the kitchen without banging, dropping, etc. So yes, I could see how the noise from the vita mix can be quite jarring to the peacefulness. hmm, I'll pay attention to that next time I use it. Klaraandrea turner <adturner132003@...> wrote: I did get some good replies!! I am actually surprised at how many people own them....especially since they cost as much as a dishwasher some of them, lol. Anyway, the more I hear about them, the more I was thinking that they would be good for veggie drinks, soups, hummus, etc. But, I have a food processor and that is where I have been trying to make the distinction really - how this would be different from a food processor, or blender. I know that the motor in the vitamix is the same size motor in a lawn mower, so that explains the difference a bit! It is interesting that you mention the sounds and sensitivity to them. I am just realizing that my three year old is becoming extremely sensitive to loud noises like that. Lately, every time we start making something he asks reluctnantly if we have to use the beaters or the blender. It is something that is just coming about, but he certainly does not like the "loudness" of the kitchen appliances, or other items like the hair dryer recently. Thanks for all the vitamix input! [sPAM][VeganMacrobi otics] Vita-mix This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a

vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

, Two points: Right now something is wrong with my pressure cooker (just needs a rubber gasket, it's on its way) and I tried cooking some black soybeans - soaked forever and cooked forever, and just didn't become that wonderful softness that it does as with the pc. That's how I'd compare the vita mix results with a food processor - and of course that only applies to certain foods, tofu, well cooked vegetables, soups, can all be pretty well blended with other equipment. But I've never had my hummous or my mocha mousse come out as soft and creamy as with the vita mix - and others also appreciated the difference. But the noise issue is another big issue - I remember being very impressed with a description of someone taking a cooking class with Aveline, and how you couldn't hear anything but wonderful silence - peace while cooking. Now when I chop I work very hard on doing it with great consciousness and silence - it

feels so much more - ?? - just feels good, not sure how to describe - also lots of other things, like cupboard doors closing, pots banging, I notice all these noises when others are in the kitchen, and I just keep thinking, ok, it's just a reflection of their condition, and feel proud of myself when I am able to move smoothly in the kitchen without banging, dropping, etc. So yes, I could see how the noise from the vita mix can be quite jarring to the peacefulness. hmm, I'll pay attention to that next time I use it. Klaraandrea turner <adturner132003@...> wrote: I did get some good replies!! I am actually surprised at how many people own them....especially since they cost as much as a dishwasher some of them, lol. Anyway, the more I hear about them, the more I was thinking that they would be good for veggie drinks, soups, hummus, etc. But, I have a food processor and that is where I have been trying to make the distinction really - how this would be different from a food processor, or blender. I know that the motor in the vitamix is the same size motor in a lawn mower, so that explains the difference a bit! It is interesting that you mention the sounds and sensitivity to them. I am just realizing that my three year old is becoming extremely sensitive to loud noises like that. Lately, every time we start making something he asks reluctnantly if we have to use the beaters or the blender. It is something that is just coming about, but he certainly does not like the "loudness" of the kitchen appliances, or other items like the hair dryer recently. Thanks for all the vitamix input! [sPAM][VeganMacrobi otics] Vita-mix This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a

vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

Dottie, You can go to those fairs and give samples away - they could always use that I'm sure - that's how I first fell in love with the vita mix - but I felt cheated - they said could make juice just from whole fruits (peels, seeds and all) and it tasted delicious what they made - and couldn't figure out why mine wasn't like that - realized they had added canned pinneaple juice!!!!!! Traitors!!!! But it all worked out ok in the end :>) Klara Dottie Roseboom <rosedot@...> wrote: Oh, yes! compost always decomposes quicker in smaller pieces. Now, how do I go about getting them to give me a vita-mixer??? Dottie [sPAM] Vita-mix This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Dottie, You can go to those fairs and give samples away - they could always use that I'm sure - that's how I first fell in love with the vita mix - but I felt cheated - they said could make juice just from whole fruits (peels, seeds and all) and it tasted delicious what they made - and couldn't figure out why mine wasn't like that - realized they had added canned pinneaple juice!!!!!! Traitors!!!! But it all worked out ok in the end :>) Klara Dottie Roseboom <rosedot@...> wrote: Oh, yes! compost always decomposes quicker in smaller pieces. Now, how do I go about getting them to give me a vita-mixer??? Dottie [sPAM] Vita-mix This is really an offbeat question, as are most of mine I guess, but does anyone here own or ever use a vita-mixer? I keep getting call after call, and now emails somehow about buying a vita-mixer and I wonder what the hype is all about? Or is it hype? Anyway, I need to somehow get off the constant call lists for this thing. Just wondering if anyone had some insight. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi Klara, , & others,

The longer that I cook, the more that I understand the dynamics of fresh food, a clean kitchen, and a happy mind while preparing food.

As Klara mentions, silence, is also a big part of the entire process. Therefore, I usually try to use the food processor either before or after most of the other meal preparation. Of course, my kitchen is small, so getting the processor out of my way is extremely helpful.

Klara, you mention that hummus is especially good from the vita mix.

I love experimenting & will try to find a friend with a vita mix. Can you feel any difference an hour or so after, you've eaten something from the vita mix, compared with hummus made in a processor? Of course, since, one doesn't eat much hummus at one time, the effects might not be discernible.

Dottie

Guest guest

Hi Klara, , & others,

The longer that I cook, the more that I understand the dynamics of fresh food, a clean kitchen, and a happy mind while preparing food.

As Klara mentions, silence, is also a big part of the entire process. Therefore, I usually try to use the food processor either before or after most of the other meal preparation. Of course, my kitchen is small, so getting the processor out of my way is extremely helpful.

Klara, you mention that hummus is especially good from the vita mix.

I love experimenting & will try to find a friend with a vita mix. Can you feel any difference an hour or so after, you've eaten something from the vita mix, compared with hummus made in a processor? Of course, since, one doesn't eat much hummus at one time, the effects might not be discernible.

Dottie