RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Armour thyroid is a form of a natural thyroid also called "dessicated thyroid," the non-synthetic - "natural" -- thyroid hormone replacements produced using the thyroid gland of pigs. These drugs contain natural versions of the thyroid hormones T4, T3, T1, T2, and other sub-component thyroid hormones.Tammy RE: HI

I had similar symptoms. I went onto Armour and no kidding I felt better within an hour. I have never looked back. I started at 1 grain and now take between 2 and 3 grains a day. For the first time in 12 years I feel great. I also take GH.

-----Original Message-----From: McVay [mailto:wendy_mcvay@...]Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 9:23 PMhypothyroidism Subject: Re: HI

I need advice. , I too seemed to have developed something wrong about 1 1/2 years ago. This was just after moving out of Texas. I know I was extremely depressed. My doctor wanted me to take Paxi. After taking it a couple of days, I decided it wasn't for me. It made me feel really robotic. I couldn't really think very well. (and I certainly don't need my thinking any worse than normal) I told the doctor. He insisted that I needed that, or I could visit a Psychiatrist. So, I opted for the Psychiatrist. Now, my Psychiatrist has decided that I've got Hypo-Thyroid, even though my tests are normal. (my T3 is on the low end of normal) My problem is that my insurance only covers 8 visits. So, I have to find a regular doctor. I went to a new doctor yesterday. She asked how I'm feeling. So, I told her....my thinking seems to have improved, but not much else. She said that if I had Hypo-Thyroid & was on medication, I would see an almost immediate effect & start improving drastically. She has in mind giving me Paxil. Also, she doesn't like Armour Thyroid. If she thought I need thyroid meds, it would by Synthroid. My Psyciatrist said that I should only use Armour, since my T4 is well in the normal range. He also told me to be careful about taking Paxil or Prozac or anything like that. He said that Prozac tends to make a person mean. But, it's easier to get off of than Paxil. He told me that Paxil is extremely hard to get off of once your on it & can cause you to gain lots of weight. He said that if I ever decide to get off Armour, there aren't any side effects. The new doctor said that since I've lost weight instead on gaining, she would tend to doubt it's Hypo-Thyroid. I know I'm rambling, but I need help. I'm not sure at all which way to proceed. Did you see immediate improvement after going on medications? (I've been on medication about 4-5 months) I know I'm depressed, but I also know that can be a symptom of Hypo-Thyroid. I'm really wondering if it's possibly 's Syndrome. I asked my new doctor if she'd heard of 's Syndrome. She said no. She said that she's a mainstream doctor. And it sound like it's not really main stream, or she would have heard of it. Any response?? Thanks for being there. and <ekjns@...> wrote: dear bludress,I had similar episodes to what you are describing three times when I livedin SC for the first time far away from my family, hubby wasn' thome much,working a new job and raising my kids, I just attributed it all to stressbut I think I read that if your thyroid is low your corisol gets raisedand your adrenals all get out of whack. Well thanks for sharing! Goodluck, I have just started a real low dose of armour thyroid I am just inthe beginning too!-=====__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Oh you don't look like a dummy! Armour is dessicated pig thyroid, contains T4, T3, T2, T1, T0, and calcitonen, maybe unknown factors. It is FDA approved, unlike synthroid, made by Forest Pharmaceuticals. Holistic docs think it works better than synthetic, based on the work of Broda MD www.brodabarnes.org

Ok I have to ask and look like a dummy but what is Armour Thyroid?

-:¦:- ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Devie -:¦:- -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*Mommy to my 3 girls Brittany 6-15-94Suzi 8-21-96 6-17-99and my 2 angels ^i^Amberleigh 5-4-93 - 7-11-93 (Luekemia)Cory stillborn 7-22-98 (cause unknown)Married to since 10-17-92

The Howell's Homepagehttp://www.geoccities.com/devie5

Visit our Church's webpage <><http://www.fellowshipbaptistch.com

RE: HI

I had similar symptoms. I went onto Armour and no kidding I felt better within an hour. I have never looked back. I started at 1 grain and now take between 2 and 3 grains a day. For the first time in 12 years I feel great. I also take GH.

-----Original Message-----From: McVay [mailto:wendy_mcvay@...]Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 9:23 PMhypothyroidism Subject: Re: HI

I need advice. , I too seemed to have developed something wrong about 1 1/2 years ago. This was just after moving out of Texas. I know I was extremely depressed. My doctor wanted me to take Paxi. After taking it a couple of days, I decided it wasn't for me. It made me feel really robotic. I couldn't really think very well. (and I certainly don't need my thinking any worse than normal) I told the doctor. He insisted that I needed that, or I could visit a Psychiatrist. So, I opted for the Psychiatrist. Now, my Psychiatrist has decided that I've got Hypo-Thyroid, even though my tests are normal. (my T3 is on the low end of normal) My problem is that my insurance only covers 8 visits. So, I have to find a regular doctor. I went to a new doctor yesterday. She asked how I'm feeling. So, I told her....my thinking seems to have improved, but not much else. She said that if I had Hypo-Thyroid & was on medication, I would see an almost immediate effect & start improving drastically. She has in mind giving me Paxil. Also, she doesn't like Armour Thyroid. If she thought I need thyroid meds, it would by Synthroid. My Psyciatrist said that I should only use Armour, since my T4 is well in the normal range. He also told me to be careful about taking Paxil or Prozac or anything like that. He said that Prozac tends to make a person mean. But, it's easier to get off of than Paxil. He told me that Paxil is extremely hard to get off of once your on it & can cause you to gain lots of weight. He said that if I ever decide to get off Armour, there aren't any side effects. The new doctor said that since I've lost weight instead on gaining, she would tend to doubt it's Hypo-Thyroid. I know I'm rambling, but I need help. I'm not sure at all which way to proceed. Did you see immediate improvement after going on medications? (I've been on medication about 4-5 months) I know I'm depressed, but I also know that can be a symptom of Hypo-Thyroid. I'm really wondering if it's possibly 's Syndrome. I asked my new doctor if she'd heard of 's Syndrome. She said no. She said that she's a mainstream doctor. And it sound like it's not really main stream, or she would have heard of it. Any response?? Thanks for being there. and <ekjns@...> wrote: dear bludress,I had similar episodes to what you are describing three times when I livedin SC for the first time far away from my family, hubby wasn' thome much,working a new job and raising my kids, I just attributed it all to stressbut I think I read that if your thyroid is low your corisol gets raisedand your adrenals all get out of whack. Well thanks for sharing! Goodluck, I have just started a real low dose of armour thyroid I am just inthe beginning too!-=====__________________________________________________

Guest guest

I've been popping cough drops too for about the last 3 years. I'd never even thought of my dry throat being related to any of my other problems. At work, it seems that I always have to clear my throat before I answer the phone. I used to always have some type of weird coughing spasms. (A nurse, friend of mine, though they were asthma attacks) Doctors said I didn't seem to have asthma. But, a few months ago, my doctor told me to start using "Liquid Magonate". The coughing attacks have since disappeared. But, I still have lots of drainage in my throat, dry throat & use cough drops daily. The Magonate isn't a prescription. But, I have to have it specially ordered. The pharmacies here don't keep it in stock. As far as weight loss.....I started losing weight before I ever got on Armour. I'm staying a pretty constant weight now. But, I should really gain a few pounds to be considered "normal weight".

and <ekjns@...> wrote: Dear ,The first thing I would do is find an alternative therapy doctor, if yougo to Shomon's site at about.com she has a top doc site and most ofthose doctors will look past the standardized tests and look at thesymptoms. I drove five hours to find a doctor who would listen to me. Ifeel much better on the Armour but as I said I am on the lowest dose sofar I feel great because I have more energy than I have had in years. Mydoc told me to expect slow weight loss on the Armour so I am not sure ifyou were losing weight on the Armour but supposedly from what I have heardyou should expect that even if you are Hypothyroid. My hypothyroidism didnot show up on a lab test my doc says most of her patients don't, but I doknow that I have been cold for years, tired for years, dry skin, coarsehair, hoarse voice (I have been popping cough drops for 7 years) my tempin the morning before I wake up averages 97.2 to 97.3, heavy LONGmenstrual cycles, brain fog, premature gray, overweight, mysterious achesand pains, joint pain, etc.. you name it I have had it and my doc saysthat most mainstream doctors are afraid to veer from the text book. Anyway when I recently found out I was hypo all these years I at first wasangry because I used to wonder what was wrong with me. Why could myneighbor have her house clean by 10am and me I was just getting started. But as my husband says thats the past but where I used to poop out by 3pmon the Armour (lowest dose) I am pooping out around 8pm thats asignificant change for me and I am enjoying being able to keep runninglater in the day. I don't know if I have answered any of your questions Iam new at this too and I can only draw on my personal experience.Thanks to web sites like Shomon's we are all getting an educationthat I can't even find at my local library!- PS - Also my sex drive has been improving and thats notsuch a bad thing!=====__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Devie,

Look at this page. It explains a lot.

http://personal.bellsouth.net/lig/w/u/wurmstei/#MEDS

~Devie~ <luvmy5@...> wrote:

Ok I have to ask and look like a dummy but what is Armour Thyroid?

-:¦:- ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Devie -:¦:- -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*Mommy to my 3 girls Brittany 6-15-94Suzi 8-21-96 6-17-99and my 2 angels ^i^Amberleigh 5-4-93 - 7-11-93 (Luekemia)Cory stillborn 7-22-98 (cause unknown)Married to since 10-17-92

The Howell's Homepagehttp://www.geoccities.com/devie5

Visit our Church's webpage <><http://www.fellowshipbaptistch.com

RE: HI

Guest guest

Another very good magnesium supplement is CalMax. It combines

magnesium with vitamin C and you mix it with hot water. Drop in a tea

bag and you don't need to add any lemon. Take a look at

http://www.calmax.tv/index.html to find out more about it. I've been

using it for about 3 years now.

Celeste

wrote:

>

> I've been popping cough drops too for about the last 3 years. I'd

never even thought of my dry throat being related to any of my other

problems. At work, it seems that I always have to clear my throat

before I answer the phone. I used to always have some type of weird

coughing spasms. (A nurse, friend of mine, though they were asthma

attacks) Doctors said I didn't seem to have asthma. But, a few

months ago, my doctor told me to start using " Liquid Magonate " . The

coughing attacks have since disappeared. But, I still have lots of

drainage in my throat, dry throat & use cough drops daily. The

Magonate isn't a prescription. But, I have to have it specially

ordered. The pharmacies here don't keep it in stock.

Guest guest

Celeste,

Thanks for the link.

a1thighmaster <teroger@...> wrote: ,Another very good magnesium supplement is CalMax. It combines magnesium with vitamin C and you mix it with hot water. Drop in a tea bag and you don't need to add any lemon. Take a look at http://www.calmax.tv/index.html to find out more about it. I've been using it for about 3 years now.Celeste wrote:> > I've been popping cough drops too for about the last 3 years. I'd never even thought of my dry throat being related to any of my other problems. At work, it seems that I always have to clear my throat before I answer the phone. I used to always have some type of weird coughing spasms. (A nurse, friend of mine, though they were asthma attacks) Doctors said I didn't seem to have asthma. But, a few months ago, my doctor told me to start using "Liquid Magonate". The coughing attacks have since disappeared. But, I still have lots of drainage in my throat, dry throat & use cough drops daily. The Magonate isn't a prescription. But, I have to have it specially ordered. The pharmacies here don't keep it in stock.

Guest guest

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Connie )))))))))))))))))))))

big hugs to you. HOpe you feel better soon.

I think all this spring rain has me in the pre-spring doldrums. Need the

sunshine!

alley

Guest guest

sunshine!

alley

Guest guest

sunshine!

alley

Guest guest

sunshine!

alley

Guest guest

more big hugs to you Connie....spring rain hey Alley? I have spring

snow, in Vancouver...in mid-March....almost unheard of and Cold Cold

Cold. brrrrrr.

Connie, I can't thank you enough for that link you sent me, really

enjoying it ;-}

Huggggggggs

Carol

wrote:

> ((((((((((((((((((((((((( Connie )))))))))))))))))))))

>

> big hugs to you. HOpe you feel better soon.

>

> I think all this spring rain has me in the pre-spring doldrums. Need

> the

> sunshine!

>

> alley

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Sherry,

{ I just wanted to say that I am new to this group and I wanted to say hello

to everyone. }

Welcome aboard *smiles*... I'm new too, and you'll quickly learn I'm

outspoken... *grins* Why? Well, I don't want to feel alone with this mess

of an illness. Tell us all a bit about yourself, pull up and beanbag and

make yourself comfortable. :)

Princess (a)

Guest guest

Hi Sherry,

{ I just wanted to say that I am new to this group and I wanted to say hello

to everyone. }

Welcome aboard *smiles*... I'm new too, and you'll quickly learn I'm

outspoken... *grins* Why? Well, I don't want to feel alone with this mess

of an illness. Tell us all a bit about yourself, pull up and beanbag and

make yourself comfortable. :)

Princess (a)

Guest guest

Wow, I don't think I'm getting all my messages....I never say 's

message.

, welcome to our group....we're glad you joined us!

Tatezi

wrote:

> Hey ! Nice to meet you. Glad you spoke up. :)

>

> Drink those fluids!

>

> alley--

If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know

each other. If you do not talk to them, you will not know them, And what

you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys. ~Chief Dan

~

Guest guest

Wow, I don't think I'm getting all my messages....I never say 's

message.

, welcome to our group....we're glad you joined us!

Tatezi

wrote:

> Hey ! Nice to meet you. Glad you spoke up. :)

>

> Drink those fluids!

>

> alley--

If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know

each other. If you do not talk to them, you will not know them, And what

you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys. ~Chief Dan

~

Guest guest

Hi ,

I'm so glad you finally decided to jump in and say hi! (All

you 'lurkers' should do this!). It's nice to 'meet' you!

If by your labs you mean your hemoglobin, hematocrit, RBC, then

it's natural that if they are dropping you are going to start feeling

it! Anemia makes you feel sick. It can cause fatigue, headaches, the

light headedness, nausea, etc. Unfortunately there is not much you

can do except either dose reduce the ribavirin if the counts drop too

low, or if you are lucky and have a progressive doctor you can try

Epogen or Procrit to help bring the red cell counts up. And, rest

when you can, and eat healthy - especially eat adequate protein.

Taking iron will NOT help! Sometimes an antidepressant can help with

energy levels - Wellbutrin seems to be especially good at this.

I have seen the bag balm at Walmart also - but in the pet supply

area I think. However, I live in a rural area and our Walmart carries

lots of 'rural' things like bag balm and horse shampoo, farm and

ranch supplies, etc. All the feed stores carry it too.

Good luck with treatment. I hope you keep us posted on how you

are doing!

Claudine

Guest guest

Hi ,

I'm so glad you finally decided to jump in and say hi! (All

you 'lurkers' should do this!). It's nice to 'meet' you!

If by your labs you mean your hemoglobin, hematocrit, RBC, then

it's natural that if they are dropping you are going to start feeling

it! Anemia makes you feel sick. It can cause fatigue, headaches, the

light headedness, nausea, etc. Unfortunately there is not much you

can do except either dose reduce the ribavirin if the counts drop too

low, or if you are lucky and have a progressive doctor you can try

Epogen or Procrit to help bring the red cell counts up. And, rest

when you can, and eat healthy - especially eat adequate protein.

Taking iron will NOT help! Sometimes an antidepressant can help with

energy levels - Wellbutrin seems to be especially good at this.

I have seen the bag balm at Walmart also - but in the pet supply

area I think. However, I live in a rural area and our Walmart carries

lots of 'rural' things like bag balm and horse shampoo, farm and

ranch supplies, etc. All the feed stores carry it too.

Good luck with treatment. I hope you keep us posted on how you

are doing!

Claudine

Guest guest

Hi

Prestasi is the company I work for and Durban is the city we live in.

Best of luck

Monja

[ ] Hi Monja

>

> Hi Monja,

> I am new here too, and believe you have come to the right place for

> support and information. This is a great group. My husband is ill

> with liver disease, I am not, but I am trying to get as much

> information as I can and everyone here has been so helpful. I know

> you must be scared, we are too. We have two young children and

> wonder

> what lies ahead for us and for them. I think you will find a lot of

> hope here, though. Good luck.

>

> Oh, by the way, what or where is Prestasi Durban?

>

>

> > Hi there guys

> >

> > I signed on to this site a few days ago. I have been reading the

> correspondence between you, and scraping guts together to say hi.

> > I am very happy to see that I am not the only one with AIH!!!!.

> >

> > I was diagnosed on 27 December 2001. I just lay there in hospital

> thinking: OK what ever. Not really knowing what this condition was

> all about. I gathered some info on the Internet and got a huge

> fright. I am feeling depressed at the moment. Not feeling sorry for

> myself... I need to stress that fact. Accepting it and living with

> it(

> the fat-free lifestyle.etc..)

> >

> > I got married on 28 April 2001- Looking forward to my life,

> career,

> having children etc. and now this. I must admit that I haven't

> accepted it. But I know that everyhing happens for a reason. I have

> been so fortunate to have had such a good healthy life thus far and

> am

> very thankful. I was in hospital once when I was 5 yrs old -

> Tonsils.

> I think that is why this is difficult to accept.I am 26 now and for

> the fist time in my life, not in control...

> > and I am also not enjoying the Prednisone!

> > I am on Imuran and 20mg Predn.

> >

> > Have a good day and it is really wonderful to know that there are

> other people out there feeling the way I do.

> >

> > Best wishes

> >

> > Monja

> >

> >

> > Monja Cronje

> > Sales & Service consultant

> >

> > Prestasi Durban

> > Tel: (031) 301 2220

> > Fax: (031) 301 0402

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Saraj,

I have IBS and do colon cleanses all the time. I like Arise and Shine and

Dr. Schulze. You can find A & S on the net and Dr. Schulze # is

1-800-437-2362.

I used A & S and it was wonderful. My system really liked it, but I am also

chemically sensitive and could not use this when I was at work. This is

because the chemicals made my digestive go crazy. But when I was off work,

I could use this and it was wonderful.

Dr. Schulze was the same, but less tedious. With A & S, you must take

something every 1 1/2 hour. With Schulze, you take the shake 5 times a day.

I found Schulze much easier to take. I would research the programs and

compare before I took anything.

Awareness is also wonderful, but I can't remember how much it works to

cleanse the bowel. I do remember it gets rid of parasites. Again, I

couldn't take anything until I got out of the factory, but these are all

wonderful programs. The archives will tell you more. I hope this helps.

E-mail me anytime. PEACEJ@....

God bless,

KJ

P.S. You may want to consider a change in diet too. I used this diet and

it really helped my IBS and others with it too. It is called the Specific

Carbohydrate Diet. You don't eat any complex carbs. You can have simple

carbs like fruit and sweeten with honey. It is based on the premise that

the intestines are damaged and cannot break down the complex carbs. There

website is http://www.scdiet.org

Guest guest

Oops! Sorry!

They really don’t bother me that

much. Hope you don’t have any nightmares…..

I used to get sensitive teeth before, just

wondered why it came back. I have a sweet tooth, so it is probably my fault!

, still llamaless

[ ] Hi

Oh , please don't tell me anything side effects

wise re: teeth.

I have a phobia regarding teeth related problems.

Please if anyone

outthere has experienced this let me know...so

I'll know what my

chances are. I feel bad dreams will haunt me

tonight. LOL

Rhonda

Guest guest

Dear , don't pay any attention to me. Please tell us any

problems you're having. My fear stems from the fact that I may

start Pred. this week and my fear with all new medications are my

teeth. I was on a medication once that made my gums swell up and my

teeth got loose, and well with the phoebia I have, it didn't go well.

If that is a possible side effect, I definately want to know about

it!

Sincerely,

Rhonda

> Oops! Sorry!

>

> They really don't bother me that much. Hope you don't have any

> nightmares...

>

> I used to get sensitive teeth before, just wondered why it came

back. I

> have a sweet tooth, so it is probably my fault!

>

> , still llamaless

>

>

>

> [ ] Hi

>

> Oh , please don't tell me anything side effects wise re:

teeth.

> I have a phobia regarding teeth related problems. Please if anyone

> outthere has experienced this let me know...so I'll know what my

> chances are. I feel bad dreams will haunt me tonight. LOL

> Rhonda

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Dear Rhonda,

Sure will let you know what my hepatologist thinks about the tooth sensitivity. What

caused it, and when will it go away. Even air bothers me. Ick!

[ ] Hi

>

> Oh , please don't tell me anything side

effects wise re:

teeth.

> I have a phobia regarding teeth related

problems. Please if anyone

> outthere has experienced this let me

know...so I'll know what my

> chances are. I feel bad dreams will

haunt me tonight. LOL

> Rhonda