RemedySpot.com

asthma

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My daughter had the exact same diagnosis at the same age. That was

one year ago, had I taken Doctors advise- she would have been on

asthma meds this whole time... I put her on an elimination diet- cut

out all processed foods, food colorings, anything artificial & MSG.

Started seeing a Homeopath & Chiropractor. Put her on a Gluten-

free/Casien-free diet. Soy is VERY limited because of the high

estrogen content & most of it is from GMO's anyway- also my Homeopath

said it can be worse for asthma than dairy. We only do organic

fermented soy (naturalnews.com & drmercola.com have a wealth of info

on soy)

I am delighted to say that within 2 weeks of seeing the homeopath &

changing her diet & weening her off of asthma meds, she hasn't had

any problems. In fact, she had been ill for 9mo straight, after

the " change " she went 5 full months before she caught a cold. We

used homeopathic remedies for the cold & it worked like a charm!

I hope this helps, good luck!

-n

>

>

> >

> > Hi,

> >

> > I was wondering if anyone knows of a correlation between

vaccinations

> and asthma. My three year old granddaughter was a perfect baby

with no

> problems until about age 1 when she developed a fairly serious

> diagnosis of asthma. Thanks

> > Joyce

> >

>

on soy)

-n

>

>

> >

> > Hi,

> >

vaccinations

with no

> > Joyce

> >

>

on soy)

-n

>

>

> >

> > Hi,

> >

vaccinations

with no

> > Joyce

> >

>

Chiropractic can also help with asthma. Look for a chiro in your area that works on children, and also look for one who practices applied kinesiology--they can test for allergies without taking blood or doing a scratch test. (If you're in SoCal I can give you the name of ours!) We just did this with our 7 month old. :) Feel free to email me if you have any questions about it!

-Alison

Chiropractic can also help with asthma. Look for a chiro in your area that works on children, and also look for one who practices applied kinesiology--they can test for allergies without taking blood or doing a scratch test. (If you're in SoCal I can give you the name of ours!) We just did this with our 7 month old. :) Feel free to email me if you have any questions about it!

-Alison

One thing that most of us are not aware of is that Chlorine used

in all municipal water supplies aggravates allergies, asthma and other respiratory

illnesses. Since it absorbs instantly into our skin an circulates

in our system it kills the good bacteria and does a number of other damages

like eczema, dry skin and it promotes cholesterol build up, and other

things that we tend to blame on other areas. Check your chlorine

level with a standard pool tester and you will find that in most city waters the

level is at pool strength or higher. Check it in the morning and in the

evening to see when the levels are lowest so that you bathe then.

This is another area that easy to fix and the rewards are

tremendous.

I often wonder if the chlorination process aggravates or

enhances other reactions with food and other chemicals we are exposed to.

Best to fix your water at two points… at the

point of entry with a POE devise (Water Processor)and then another point of use

or POU devise (Reverse Osmosis) this puts a wall of protection that you control

and the cost is usually nil due to the savings. Even your energy

bills go down about 25 to 3o percent if you are using a water heater.

Chlorine is important to kill bacteria in the water but we need

to remove it just before it comes into our homes for use.

Dennis

no-forced-vaccination

[mailto:no-forced-vaccination ] On Behalf Of Ingrid Blank

Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:07 AM

no-forced-vaccination

Subject: RE: Re: asthma

Bear in mind that most soya in the United States (and other

countries as well) is genetically modified and soya allergies skyrocketed by

50% in the U.K. with the introduction of this food from hell.

http://blogs.drgreene.com/perspectives/2008/08/12/gm-foods-on-the-market-may-cause-allergies/

Also see

http://www.responsibletechnology.org/GMFree/AboutGMFoods/DangersofGMFoods/index.cfm

Ingrid

Good

information, Monika. She has been on Soy since leaving the breast.

Do you think Soy is suspect also?

Joyce

-----

Original Message -----

no-forced-vaccination

Sent: Thursday, October

30, 2008 12:37 AM

Subject: Re:

Re: asthma

On another note, Asthma is also usually a

result of allergies (another major illness caused by vaccines). Children

who have asthma often get better after elimination diets, usually including the

elimination of dairy and gluten but often need many other foods eliminated as

well.

Homeopathy is supposed to greatly help though and we are beginning to get my

son treated for food allergies so I would highly recommend seeing a homeopath.

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Dawn <dawndanc@...> wrote:

Hi Joyce,

Unfortunately, there is a huge connection. Formaldehyde is one of the

culprits in vaccines along with the fact that vaccines cause allergies

(remember the Hurricane Katrina Victims living in trailers who now have

severe respiratory illnesses and more than likely will develop cancer

thanks to the formaldehyde in the trailers?) My children were exposed

to a lot in their vaccines and had problems too.

I highly recommend the book, " Healing the New Childhood Epidemics -

Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies " by Bock, M.D. and Cameron

Stauth

>

> Hi,

>

> I was wondering if anyone knows of a correlation between vaccinations

and asthma. My three year old granddaughter was a perfect baby with no

problems until about age 1 when she developed a fairly serious

diagnosis of asthma. Thanks

> Joyce

>

Ingrid, Thank you so much for this information. I have already alerted my daughter to these websites. Joyce

Re: Re: asthma

On another note, Asthma is also usually a result of allergies (another major illness caused by vaccines). Children who have asthma often get better after elimination diets, usually including the elimination of dairy and gluten but often need many other foods eliminated as well. Homeopathy is supposed to greatly help though and we are beginning to get my son treated for food allergies so I would highly recommend seeing a homeopath.

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Dawn <dawndanc > wrote:

Hi Joyce,Unfortunately, there is a huge connection. Formaldehyde is one of the culprits in vaccines along with the fact that vaccines cause allergies(remember the Hurricane Katrina Victims living in trailers who now have severe respiratory illnesses and more than likely will develop cancer thanks to the formaldehyde in the trailers?) My children were exposed to a lot in their vaccines and had problems too.I highly recommend the book, "Healing the New Childhood Epidemics - Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies" by Bock, M.D. and Cameron Stauth

>> Hi,> > I was wondering if anyone knows of a correlation between vaccinations and asthma. My three year old granddaughter was a perfect baby with no problems until about age 1 when she developed a fairly serious diagnosis of asthma. Thanks> Joyce>

Ingrid, Thank you so much for this information. I have already alerted my daughter to these websites. Joyce

Re: Re: asthma

On another note, Asthma is also usually a result of allergies (another major illness caused by vaccines). Children who have asthma often get better after elimination diets, usually including the elimination of dairy and gluten but often need many other foods eliminated as well. Homeopathy is supposed to greatly help though and we are beginning to get my son treated for food allergies so I would highly recommend seeing a homeopath.

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 8:43 PM, Dawn <dawndanc > wrote:

Hi Joyce,Unfortunately, there is a huge connection. Formaldehyde is one of the culprits in vaccines along with the fact that vaccines cause allergies(remember the Hurricane Katrina Victims living in trailers who now have severe respiratory illnesses and more than likely will develop cancer thanks to the formaldehyde in the trailers?) My children were exposed to a lot in their vaccines and had problems too.I highly recommend the book, "Healing the New Childhood Epidemics - Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies" by Bock, M.D. and Cameron Stauth

>> Hi,> > I was wondering if anyone knows of a correlation between vaccinations and asthma. My three year old granddaughter was a perfect baby with no problems until about age 1 when she developed a fairly serious diagnosis of asthma. Thanks> Joyce>

This is WONDERFUL information. Thank you so very much n. Joyce

My daughter had the exact same diagnosis at the same age. That was one year ago, had I taken Doctors advise- she would have been on asthma meds this whole time... I put her on an elimination diet- cut out all processed foods, food colorings, anything artificial & MSG. Started seeing a Homeopath & Chiropractor. Put her on a Gluten-free/Casien-free diet. Soy is VERY limited because of the high estrogen content & most of it is from GMO's anyway- also my Homeopath said it can be worse for asthma than dairy. We only do organic fermented soy (naturalnews.com & drmercola.com have a wealth of info on soy)I am delighted to say that within 2 weeks of seeing the homeopath & changing her diet & weening her off of asthma meds, she hasn't had any problems. In fact, she had been ill for 9mo straight, after the "change" she went 5 full months before she caught a cold. We used homeopathic remedies for the cold & it worked like a charm!I hope this helps, good luck!-n> > > >> > Hi,> > > > I was wondering if anyone knows of a correlation between vaccinations > and asthma. My three year old granddaughter was a perfect baby with no > problems until about age 1 when she developed a fairly serious > diagnosis of asthma. Thanks> > Joyce> >>

My daughter had the exact same diagnosis at the same age. That was one year ago, had I taken Doctors advise- she would have been on asthma meds this whole time... I put her on an elimination diet- cut out all processed foods, food colorings, anything artificial & MSG. Started seeing a Homeopath & Chiropractor. Put her on a Gluten-free/Casien-free diet. Soy is VERY limited because of the high estrogen content & most of it is from GMO's anyway- also my Homeopath said it can be worse for asthma than dairy. We only do organic fermented soy (naturalnews.com & drmercola.com have a wealth of info on soy)I am delighted to say that within 2 weeks of seeing the homeopath & changing her diet & weening her off of asthma meds, she hasn't had any problems. In fact, she had been ill for 9mo straight, after the "change" she went 5 full months before she caught a cold. We used homeopathic remedies for the cold & it worked like a charm!I hope this helps, good luck!-n> > > >> > Hi,> > > > I was wondering if anyone knows of a correlation between vaccinations > and asthma. My three year old granddaughter was a perfect baby with no > problems until about age 1 when she developed a fairly serious > diagnosis of asthma. Thanks> > Joyce> >>

Soy can definitely be a problem. It is one of the top 5 most common allergens... my son is EXTREMELY allergic to soy. We actually can't even eat any nuts because they are all processed in the same facility as soy and even the tiniest bit of soy traces causes him to react.

And yes, most soy is GMO and even if it's not, soy is NATURALLY a TOXIN to humans unless it is fermented (which you will never find in grocery stores, you would have to do it yourself).

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Joyce Tull <hrtull@...> wrote:

My daughter had the exact same diagnosis at the same age. That was one year ago, had I taken Doctors advise- she would have been on asthma meds this whole time... I put her on an elimination diet- cut out all processed foods, food colorings, anything artificial & MSG. Started seeing a Homeopath & Chiropractor. Put her on a Gluten-free/Casien-free diet. Soy is VERY limited because of the high estrogen content & most of it is from GMO's anyway- also my Homeopath said it can be worse for asthma than dairy. We only do organic fermented soy (naturalnews.com & drmercola.com have a wealth of info on soy)I am delighted to say that within 2 weeks of seeing the homeopath & changing her diet & weening her off of asthma meds, she hasn't had any problems. In fact, she had been ill for 9mo straight, after the " change " she went 5 full months before she caught a cold. We used homeopathic remedies for the cold & it worked like a charm!I hope this helps, good luck!-n> > > >> > Hi,> > > > I was wondering if anyone knows of a correlation between vaccinations > and asthma. My three year old granddaughter was a perfect baby with no > problems until about age 1 when she developed a fairly serious > diagnosis of asthma. Thanks> > Joyce> >>

Soy can definitely be a problem. It is one of the top 5 most common allergens... my son is EXTREMELY allergic to soy. We actually can't even eat any nuts because they are all processed in the same facility as soy and even the tiniest bit of soy traces causes him to react.

And yes, most soy is GMO and even if it's not, soy is NATURALLY a TOXIN to humans unless it is fermented (which you will never find in grocery stores, you would have to do it yourself).

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Joyce Tull <hrtull@...> wrote:

My daughter had the exact same diagnosis at the same age. That was one year ago, had I taken Doctors advise- she would have been on asthma meds this whole time... I put her on an elimination diet- cut out all processed foods, food colorings, anything artificial & MSG. Started seeing a Homeopath & Chiropractor. Put her on a Gluten-free/Casien-free diet. Soy is VERY limited because of the high estrogen content & most of it is from GMO's anyway- also my Homeopath said it can be worse for asthma than dairy. We only do organic fermented soy (naturalnews.com & drmercola.com have a wealth of info on soy)I am delighted to say that within 2 weeks of seeing the homeopath & changing her diet & weening her off of asthma meds, she hasn't had any problems. In fact, she had been ill for 9mo straight, after the " change " she went 5 full months before she caught a cold. We used homeopathic remedies for the cold & it worked like a charm!I hope this helps, good luck!-n> > > >> > Hi,> > > > I was wondering if anyone knows of a correlation between vaccinations > and asthma. My three year old granddaughter was a perfect baby with no > problems until about age 1 when she developed a fairly serious > diagnosis of asthma. Thanks> > Joyce> >>

Thank you Alison. My daughter lives in the Chicago, Illinois area. I will forward this information to her. Joyce

-Alison

Chiro can help I agree, and o'course homeopathy. Do you mean to then

elimate things after these tests? I don't believe in that when the

root oversensivity can be resolved. Perhaps short term if severe of

course while healing more deeply.

Agree on the chlorine and soy being big issues. We get non GM soy,

hard to find - get at Trader Joe's actually.

But then soy in general isn't good so even limit that. I can't find a

mayonnaise without soy something in it - about to make my own!

:)

Liz

>

> Chiropractic can also help with asthma. Look for a chiro in your area

that

> works on children, and also look for one who practices applied

> kinesiology--they can test for allergies without taking blood or

doing a

> scratch test. (If you're in SoCal I can give you the name of ours!)

We just

> did this with our 7 month old. :) Feel free to email me if you have

any

> questions about it!

> -Alison

>

Liz

>

that

doing a

We just

any

> questions about it!

> -Alison

>

Good for you n - that's why I love my work. In time I'm sure you

won't have to limit the diet as much. Of course staying away from

the chemicals and processed food all around is necessary for all of

us.

Cranial work is also very complimentary - I refer to that in

conjuntion with the remedy moreso than chiro actually.

Liz

> >

> >

> > >

> > > Hi,

> > >

> > > I was wondering if anyone knows of a correlation between

> vaccinations

> > and asthma. My three year old granddaughter was a perfect baby

> with no

> > problems until about age 1 when she developed a fairly serious

> > diagnosis of asthma. Thanks

> > > Joyce

> > >

> >

>

Amen Alison,

You got it right..

I have lots of info on my website regarding chiropractic and applied

kinesiology..

As far as chiropractors.. I would suggest an Activator chiropractor..

R

>

> Chiropractic can also help with asthma. Look for a chiro in your

area that

doing a

We just

any

> questions about it!

> -Alison

>

Avoiding the food that is causing allergy is a must even while going through the healing because of the reaction that goes on inside the body when you eat these foods. They damage the cilia inside the intestinal walls inhibiting proper nutrient absorption, they cause holes in the uterine walls, they wreak havoc on the immune system, etc etc. So it's best to eliminate the food until you are completely healed.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Brandegee <lightspirals@...> wrote:

Liz

>

that

doing a

We just

any

> questions about it!

> -Alison

>

I would like to add to my response here..

In my research and experience, Asthma is really: a buildup of toxins in

the lungs in the form of mucus..

Asthmatics tend to cough up mucus plugs.. Those are plugs of mucus in

the lungs.. While detoxing, I had coughed up a big one.. Sorry to

give gross details.. I will leave out any other gross details about

it..but after I did cough it up.. I started feeling so much better...

Can you tell I did a lot of research online about mucus plugs after it

happened.. I was never diagnosed with asthma but it was interesting

that I had all that mucus in my lungs all this time..

R

and son who is doing well with his detox..and is turning 3 in

November.

>

> Amen Alison,

>

> You got it right..

>

> I have lots of info on my website regarding chiropractic and applied

> kinesiology..

>

> As far as chiropractors.. I would suggest an Activator chiropractor..

>

>

> R

>

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

If people only knew what genetic engineering entails, i.e. that all food products containing GMOs also contain antibiotic-resistant marker genes, viral promoters, Bt genes and Monsanto's Roundup Ready maize, soy and cotton requires the use of massive amounts of Roundup containing glyphosate, which according to the CRIIGEN study released in January 2009 causes embryonic, umbilical cord and placental cell death.

I added this warning to an article about soy infants' formula:

An additional immense health hazard lies in the fact that most soy in the U.S. and South Africa is grown in genetically modified form, with each cell of the plant containing antibiotic-resistant marker genes and viral promoters. GM constructs are made from genetic material of viruses and bacteria designed to cross species barriers and to invade genomes. The most commonly used viral promoter in practically all crops is the cauliflower mosaic virus (CaVM), closely related to the Hepatitis B and HIV virus, which has a recombination "hotspot", i.e. a site where it is prone to break and join up with other genetic material. It may therefore recombine with viruses (contained in vaccinations!!!) or bacteria to create new strains that cause diseases or recombine with or wake up dormant viruses that have now been found in all genomes. The antibiotic resistance genes may also spread to bacteria causing serious diseases, e.g. meningitis and tuberculosis. (Dr. Mae Wan Ho).

Now visualize the scenario where the immune system of an infant, having already been severely compromised by the toxic adjuvants and viruses contained in vaccinations, is further bombarded by CaMV-laced infant formula!

BTW, this applies to all foodstuffs containing GMOs!

Ingrid Blank

Soy Infant Formula - Better than Breastmilk?

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/infant.html

An estimated 25% of North American babies receive infant formula made from processed soybeans. Parents use soy formula in the belief that is it healthier than formula based on cows' milk. Soy promotional material claims that soy provides complete protein that is less allergenic than cows' milk protein. When soy infant formula first became commercially available, manufacturers even promised that soy formula was "better than breast milk."

Parents have a right to know how these extravagant claims compare to scientific findings related to soy infant formula.

While soybeans are relatively high in protein compared to other legumes, scientists have long recognized them as a poor source of protein because other proteins found in soybeans act as potent enzyme inhibitors. These "antinutrients" block the action of trypsin and other enzymes needed for protein digestion. In test animals, diets high in trypsin inhibitors depress growth and cause enlargement and pathological conditions of the pancreas, including cancer.

The soy industry recognizes that trypsin inhibitors are a problem in infant formula and have spent millions of dollars to determine the best way to remove them. Trypsin inhibitors are large, tightly folded proteins that are only deactivated after a considerable period of heat treatment. This process removes most—but not all—of the trypsin inhibitors, but has the unfortunate side effect of over-denaturing the other proteins in soy, particularly lysine, rendering them difficult to digest and possibly toxic. Even in low amounts, trypsin inhibitors prevented normal growth in rats.

The main ingredient in soy infant formula is soy protein isolate, a powder extracted from soybeans through a process that involves not only high temperatures but also caustic chemicals. The alkaline soaking solution produces a carcinogen, lysinealine, and reduces the cystine content, which is already low in the soybean. Other carcinogens called nitrosamines are formed during high temperature spray drying.

Soybeans also contain high levels of phytic acid or phytates. This is an organic acid, present in the outer portion of all seeds, which blocks the uptake of essential minerals-calcium, magnesium, iron and especially zinc-in the intestinal tract. Soybeans have very high levels of a form of phytic acid that is particularly difficult to neutralize. As early as 1967, researchers testing soy formula found that it caused negative zinc balance in every infant to whom it was given. Scientists have found a strong correlation between phytate content in formula and poor growth, even when the diets were additionally supplemented with zinc. High amounts of phytic acid in soy foods and grains have caused retarded growth in children on macrobiotic diets. A reduced rate of growth is especially serious in the infant as it causes a delay in the accumulation of lipids in the myelin, and hence jeopardizes the development of the brain and nervous system.

Soy formula can also cause vitamin deficiencies. Soy increases the body's requirements for vitamin B12, a nutrient that is absolutely vital for good health. Early studies with soy formula indicated that soy blocks the uptake of fats. This may explain why soy seems to increase the body's requirements for fat-soluble vitamin D.

Aluminum content of soy formula is 10 times greater than milk based formula, and 100 times greater than unprocessed milk. Aluminum has a toxic effect on the kidneys of infants, and has been implicated as causing Alzheimer's in adults. Soy formulas lack cholesterol, another nutrient that is absolutely essential for the development of the brain and nervous system; they also lack lactose and galactose, which play an equally important role in the development of the nervous system. A number of other substances, which are unnecessary and of questionable safety, are added to soy formulas including carrageenan, guar gum, sodium hydroxide (caustic soda), potassium citrate monohydrate, tricalcium phosphate, dibasic magnesium phosphate trihydrate, BHA and BHT.

What about the claim that soy formula is less allergenic than cows milk formula? Studies indicate that allergies to soy are almost as common as those to milk. Use of soy formula to treat infant diarrhea has had mixed results, some studies showing improvement with soy formula while others show none at all.

The most serious problem with soy formula is the presence of phytoestrogens or isoflavones. While many claims have been made about the health benefits of these estrogen-like compounds, animal studies indicate that they are powerful endocrine disrupters that alter growth patterns and cause sterility. Toxicologists estimate that an infant exclusively fed soy formula receives the estrogenic equivalent of at least five birth control pills per day. By contrast, almost no phytoestrogens have been detected in dairy-based infant formula or in human milk, even when the mother consumes soy products. A recent study found that babies fed soy-based formula had 13,000 to 22,0000 times more isoflavones in their blood than babies fed milk-based formula. Scientists have known for years that isoflavones in soy products can depress thyroid function, causing autoimmune thyroid disease and even cancer of the thyroid. But what are the effects of soy products on the hormonal development of the infant, both male and female?

Male infants undergo a "testosterone surge" during the first few months of life, when testosterone levels may be as high as those of an adult male. During this period, the infant is programed to express male characteristics after puberty, not only in the development of his sexual organs and other masculine physical traits, but also in setting patterns in the brain characteristic of male behavior. In monkeys, deficiency of male hormones impairs learning and the ability to perform visual discrimination tasks-such as would be required for reading-and retards the development of spatial perception, which is normally more acute in men than in women.

It goes without saying that future patterns of sexual orientation may also be influenced by the early hormonal environment. Pediatricians are noticing greater numbers of boys whose physical maturation is delayed, or does not occur at all, including lack of development of the sexual organs. Learning disabilities, especially in male children, have reached epidemic proportions. Soy infant feeding-which floods the bloodstream with female hormones that could inhibit the effects of male hormones-cannot be ignored as a possible cause for these tragic developments.

As for girls, an alarming number are entering puberty much earlier than normal, according to a recent study reported in the journal Pediatrics. Investigators found that one percent of all girls now show signs of puberty, such as breast development or pubic hair, before the age of three; by age eight, 14.7 percent of white girls and a whopping 48.3 percent of African-American girls had one or both of these characteristics. New data indicate that environmental estrogens such as PCBs and DDE (a breakdown product of DDT) may cause early sexual development in girls and a study in Puerto Rico implicated soy feeding as a cause of early menarche. The use of soy formula in the WIC program, which supplies free formula to welfare mothers, may explain the astronomical rates of early menarche in African American girls.

The consequences are tragic. Young girls with mature bodies must cope with feelings and urges that most children are not well-equipped to handle. And early maturation in girls is frequently a harbinger for problems with the reproductive system later in life including failure to menstruate, infertility and breast cancer.

Other problems that have been anecdotally associated with children of both sexes who were fed soy-based formula include extreme emotional behavior, asthma, immune system problems, pituitary insufficiency, thyroid disorders and irritable bowel syndrome.

Concerns about the dangers of soy have prompted consumer groups in New Zealand and Canada to call for a ban on the sale of soy infant formula. Milk-based formula contains a better protein profile and does not flood the infant with antinutrients and female hormones. Breast feeding is best IF the mother has consumed a healthy diet, one that is rich in animal proteins and fats, throughout her pregnancy and continues to do so while nursing her infant. Mothers who cannot breast feed, for whatever reason, should prepare homemade formula based on whole milk for their babies. The rare child allergic to whole milk formula should be given a whole foods meat-based formula, not one made of soy protein isolate. Parents who invest time in preparing homemade formula will be well rewarded with the joys of conferring robust good health on their children.

For references and further information on soy foods and soy formula, see www.soyonlineservice.co.nz or send $12 US to Soy Alert!, PMB #106-380, 4200 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington DC 20007.

Hi Everyone,

I just had to share this with you all. My 3 yr old granddaughter just had a serious asthma attack and spent most of the afternoon and evening in the ER in a Chicago suburb hospital. Among other things my daughter was told that they (doctors) are seeing a big increase in asthma cases and they told her that it is connected to eating "organic" food. I could not believe it!! I guess to fit into their agenda (population control) we should eat GM food loaded with herbicides and pesticides. Cargill and ADM would be proud of these doctors!!

Joyce

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3231 (20080701) __________The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

If people only knew what genetic engineering entails, i.e. that all food products containing GMOs also contain antibiotic-resistant marker genes, viral promoters, Bt genes and Monsanto's Roundup Ready maize, soy and cotton requires the use of massive amounts of Roundup containing glyphosate, which according to the CRIIGEN study released in January 2009 causes embryonic, umbilical cord and placental cell death.

I added this warning to an article about soy infants' formula:

An additional immense health hazard lies in the fact that most soy in the U.S. and South Africa is grown in genetically modified form, with each cell of the plant containing antibiotic-resistant marker genes and viral promoters. GM constructs are made from genetic material of viruses and bacteria designed to cross species barriers and to invade genomes. The most commonly used viral promoter in practically all crops is the cauliflower mosaic virus (CaVM), closely related to the Hepatitis B and HIV virus, which has a recombination "hotspot", i.e. a site where it is prone to break and join up with other genetic material. It may therefore recombine with viruses (contained in vaccinations!!!) or bacteria to create new strains that cause diseases or recombine with or wake up dormant viruses that have now been found in all genomes. The antibiotic resistance genes may also spread to bacteria causing serious diseases, e.g. meningitis and tuberculosis. (Dr. Mae Wan Ho).

Now visualize the scenario where the immune system of an infant, having already been severely compromised by the toxic adjuvants and viruses contained in vaccinations, is further bombarded by CaMV-laced infant formula!

BTW, this applies to all foodstuffs containing GMOs!

Ingrid Blank

Soy Infant Formula - Better than Breastmilk?

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/infant.html

An estimated 25% of North American babies receive infant formula made from processed soybeans. Parents use soy formula in the belief that is it healthier than formula based on cows' milk. Soy promotional material claims that soy provides complete protein that is less allergenic than cows' milk protein. When soy infant formula first became commercially available, manufacturers even promised that soy formula was "better than breast milk."

Parents have a right to know how these extravagant claims compare to scientific findings related to soy infant formula.

While soybeans are relatively high in protein compared to other legumes, scientists have long recognized them as a poor source of protein because other proteins found in soybeans act as potent enzyme inhibitors. These "antinutrients" block the action of trypsin and other enzymes needed for protein digestion. In test animals, diets high in trypsin inhibitors depress growth and cause enlargement and pathological conditions of the pancreas, including cancer.

The soy industry recognizes that trypsin inhibitors are a problem in infant formula and have spent millions of dollars to determine the best way to remove them. Trypsin inhibitors are large, tightly folded proteins that are only deactivated after a considerable period of heat treatment. This process removes most—but not all—of the trypsin inhibitors, but has the unfortunate side effect of over-denaturing the other proteins in soy, particularly lysine, rendering them difficult to digest and possibly toxic. Even in low amounts, trypsin inhibitors prevented normal growth in rats.

The main ingredient in soy infant formula is soy protein isolate, a powder extracted from soybeans through a process that involves not only high temperatures but also caustic chemicals. The alkaline soaking solution produces a carcinogen, lysinealine, and reduces the cystine content, which is already low in the soybean. Other carcinogens called nitrosamines are formed during high temperature spray drying.

Soybeans also contain high levels of phytic acid or phytates. This is an organic acid, present in the outer portion of all seeds, which blocks the uptake of essential minerals-calcium, magnesium, iron and especially zinc-in the intestinal tract. Soybeans have very high levels of a form of phytic acid that is particularly difficult to neutralize. As early as 1967, researchers testing soy formula found that it caused negative zinc balance in every infant to whom it was given. Scientists have found a strong correlation between phytate content in formula and poor growth, even when the diets were additionally supplemented with zinc. High amounts of phytic acid in soy foods and grains have caused retarded growth in children on macrobiotic diets. A reduced rate of growth is especially serious in the infant as it causes a delay in the accumulation of lipids in the myelin, and hence jeopardizes the development of the brain and nervous system.

Soy formula can also cause vitamin deficiencies. Soy increases the body's requirements for vitamin B12, a nutrient that is absolutely vital for good health. Early studies with soy formula indicated that soy blocks the uptake of fats. This may explain why soy seems to increase the body's requirements for fat-soluble vitamin D.

Aluminum content of soy formula is 10 times greater than milk based formula, and 100 times greater than unprocessed milk. Aluminum has a toxic effect on the kidneys of infants, and has been implicated as causing Alzheimer's in adults. Soy formulas lack cholesterol, another nutrient that is absolutely essential for the development of the brain and nervous system; they also lack lactose and galactose, which play an equally important role in the development of the nervous system. A number of other substances, which are unnecessary and of questionable safety, are added to soy formulas including carrageenan, guar gum, sodium hydroxide (caustic soda), potassium citrate monohydrate, tricalcium phosphate, dibasic magnesium phosphate trihydrate, BHA and BHT.

What about the claim that soy formula is less allergenic than cows milk formula? Studies indicate that allergies to soy are almost as common as those to milk. Use of soy formula to treat infant diarrhea has had mixed results, some studies showing improvement with soy formula while others show none at all.

The most serious problem with soy formula is the presence of phytoestrogens or isoflavones. While many claims have been made about the health benefits of these estrogen-like compounds, animal studies indicate that they are powerful endocrine disrupters that alter growth patterns and cause sterility. Toxicologists estimate that an infant exclusively fed soy formula receives the estrogenic equivalent of at least five birth control pills per day. By contrast, almost no phytoestrogens have been detected in dairy-based infant formula or in human milk, even when the mother consumes soy products. A recent study found that babies fed soy-based formula had 13,000 to 22,0000 times more isoflavones in their blood than babies fed milk-based formula. Scientists have known for years that isoflavones in soy products can depress thyroid function, causing autoimmune thyroid disease and even cancer of the thyroid. But what are the effects of soy products on the hormonal development of the infant, both male and female?

Male infants undergo a "testosterone surge" during the first few months of life, when testosterone levels may be as high as those of an adult male. During this period, the infant is programed to express male characteristics after puberty, not only in the development of his sexual organs and other masculine physical traits, but also in setting patterns in the brain characteristic of male behavior. In monkeys, deficiency of male hormones impairs learning and the ability to perform visual discrimination tasks-such as would be required for reading-and retards the development of spatial perception, which is normally more acute in men than in women.

It goes without saying that future patterns of sexual orientation may also be influenced by the early hormonal environment. Pediatricians are noticing greater numbers of boys whose physical maturation is delayed, or does not occur at all, including lack of development of the sexual organs. Learning disabilities, especially in male children, have reached epidemic proportions. Soy infant feeding-which floods the bloodstream with female hormones that could inhibit the effects of male hormones-cannot be ignored as a possible cause for these tragic developments.

As for girls, an alarming number are entering puberty much earlier than normal, according to a recent study reported in the journal Pediatrics. Investigators found that one percent of all girls now show signs of puberty, such as breast development or pubic hair, before the age of three; by age eight, 14.7 percent of white girls and a whopping 48.3 percent of African-American girls had one or both of these characteristics. New data indicate that environmental estrogens such as PCBs and DDE (a breakdown product of DDT) may cause early sexual development in girls and a study in Puerto Rico implicated soy feeding as a cause of early menarche. The use of soy formula in the WIC program, which supplies free formula to welfare mothers, may explain the astronomical rates of early menarche in African American girls.

The consequences are tragic. Young girls with mature bodies must cope with feelings and urges that most children are not well-equipped to handle. And early maturation in girls is frequently a harbinger for problems with the reproductive system later in life including failure to menstruate, infertility and breast cancer.

Other problems that have been anecdotally associated with children of both sexes who were fed soy-based formula include extreme emotional behavior, asthma, immune system problems, pituitary insufficiency, thyroid disorders and irritable bowel syndrome.

Concerns about the dangers of soy have prompted consumer groups in New Zealand and Canada to call for a ban on the sale of soy infant formula. Milk-based formula contains a better protein profile and does not flood the infant with antinutrients and female hormones. Breast feeding is best IF the mother has consumed a healthy diet, one that is rich in animal proteins and fats, throughout her pregnancy and continues to do so while nursing her infant. Mothers who cannot breast feed, for whatever reason, should prepare homemade formula based on whole milk for their babies. The rare child allergic to whole milk formula should be given a whole foods meat-based formula, not one made of soy protein isolate. Parents who invest time in preparing homemade formula will be well rewarded with the joys of conferring robust good health on their children.

For references and further information on soy foods and soy formula, see www.soyonlineservice.co.nz or send $12 US to Soy Alert!, PMB #106-380, 4200 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington DC 20007.

Hi Everyone,

I just had to share this with you all. My 3 yr old granddaughter just had a serious asthma attack and spent most of the afternoon and evening in the ER in a Chicago suburb hospital. Among other things my daughter was told that they (doctors) are seeing a big increase in asthma cases and they told her that it is connected to eating "organic" food. I could not believe it!! I guess to fit into their agenda (population control) we should eat GM food loaded with herbicides and pesticides. Cargill and ADM would be proud of these doctors!!

Joyce

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3231 (20080701) __________The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.http://www.eset.com

Guest guest

Hi Joyce,

Did anyone call the doctors on their statement and ask them which

studies VERIFIED that organic food causes asthma?? It's so strange that

100 yrs ago, EVERYONE ate organic food, and asthma was rare. Thanks for

the info.

Antoinette

>

> Hi Everyone,

> I just had to share this with you all. My 3 yr old granddaughter just

had a serious asthma attack and spent most of the afternoon and evening

in the ER in a Chicago suburb hospital. Among other things my daughter

was told that they (doctors) are seeing a big increase in asthma cases

and they told her that it is connected to eating " organic " food. I could

not believe it!! I guess to fit into their agenda (population control)

we should eat GM food loaded with herbicides and pesticides. Cargill and

ADM would be proud of these doctors!!

> Joyce

>

Guest guest

Hi Antoinette,

No, my daughter and her husband are pretty much mainstream (although I think I have made "some" inroads of truth with my daughter). I wish I had been there because I would have definitely called them on it. My granddaughter was born perfect and healthy and I believe her problems started when the doctor put her on soy formula and she started getting vaxed.

Joyce

Re: Asthma

Hi Joyce,Did anyone call the doctors on their statement and ask them whichstudies VERIFIED that organic food causes asthma?? It's so strange that100 yrs ago, EVERYONE ate organic food, and asthma was rare. Thanks forthe info.Antoinette>> Hi Everyone,> I just had to share this with you all. My 3 yr old granddaughter justhad a serious asthma attack and spent most of the afternoon and eveningin the ER in a Chicago suburb hospital. Among other things my daughterwas told that they (doctors) are seeing a big increase in asthma casesand they told her that it is connected to eating "organic" food. I couldnot believe it!! I guess to fit into their agenda (population control)we should eat GM food loaded with herbicides and pesticides. Cargill andADM would be proud of these doctors!!> Joyce>

Guest guest

Hi Antoinette,

No, my daughter and her husband are pretty much mainstream (although I think I have made "some" inroads of truth with my daughter). I wish I had been there because I would have definitely called them on it. My granddaughter was born perfect and healthy and I believe her problems started when the doctor put her on soy formula and she started getting vaxed.

Joyce

Re: Asthma

Hi Joyce,Did anyone call the doctors on their statement and ask them whichstudies VERIFIED that organic food causes asthma?? It's so strange that100 yrs ago, EVERYONE ate organic food, and asthma was rare. Thanks forthe info.Antoinette>> Hi Everyone,> I just had to share this with you all. My 3 yr old granddaughter justhad a serious asthma attack and spent most of the afternoon and eveningin the ER in a Chicago suburb hospital. Among other things my daughterwas told that they (doctors) are seeing a big increase in asthma casesand they told her that it is connected to eating "organic" food. I couldnot believe it!! I guess to fit into their agenda (population control)we should eat GM food loaded with herbicides and pesticides. Cargill andADM would be proud of these doctors!!> Joyce>

Guest guest

(doctors) are seeing a big increase in asthma cases and they told her that it is connected to eating "organic" food.I worked for big pharma for about 12 years. You must understand that MDs are largely educated to be trusted pitch men for big pharm; sometimes to the point of absolute ridiculousness. Please all, be aware of S.425 and H.R.875 that are now being discussed in very secretive committe sessions. The new administration is timing these two bills to be suddenly released and voted upon without any floor debate. These bills, should they become law, will be the end of organic farming and non-GMO seed in America. Please please please - do a little research and then call your congressmen so they know that you are aware of this fast tracked move to force industrialization on organic farms.