RemedySpot.com

Happy New Year

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, I had A w/o spasms.But I used to have spasms before (for many years) A was fully developed (regurgitation, stuck food, foam). I think spasms were my signs of A I missed. My spasms would happen as I eat. It basically meant food (Even small vitamin pills) is having hard time gettign thru and I had to pause from eating and drink lots of water. RagR at dot com Re: Happy New Year>Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 14:46:43 -0000>>Joanne,> I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get as much relief from your>myotomy as you hoped! Did you ever have a manometry, or are you>scheduled to have that done? My husband has been diagnosed with>Diffuse Esophageal Spasm (no achalasia, yet, though) and it seems that>the manometry was the test that really confirmed the diagnosis. His>endoscopes have never really shown any signs of DES.> There is a well-known surgeon in

the U.S. that claims he's>treated many cases of DES with Heller myotomies, with 80% success. We>discussed this with Dr. Rice of Cleveland Clinic (another well-known>esophagus surgeon in the U.S.) and he didn't think it was the right>surgery to treat DES. He performs a long myotomy (involving more of>the E). A third surgeon suggested that since DES can be hard to>diagnose, the large number of cases treated with Hellers were just>mis-diagnosed A cases. Also, from what I've read, DES can lead to A,>but I've never heard of A being secondary to DES. Or, maybe you can>have both? All of this may not even apply to you, though. I'm hoping>you don't have DES to deal with, also. Manometries aren't the most>pleasant of tests, but maybe you should talk to you consultant about>it, just to make sure you're getting the right diagnosis.> Do you take blood pressure meds. because your pressure is

normally>high (except for in the hospital)? My husband takes Nifedical, which>is a smooth muscle relaxer used for high blood pressure, to help with>his spasms. There are others in this group that take it for their A.>Good luck with your tests and please keep us posted on how things go!>> in Michigan>> >>>____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________MSN Hotmail is evolving – check out the new Windows Live Mail http://ideas. live.com

melissa, the spasms might feel different to other people. mine feel like I am trying to swallow air, like when you try to make yourself burp. If I have a strong one I can feel my "E" compressing together on the sides. If you have any othe questions feel free to ask. I would even be willing to call you on the phone of vice versa. in Georgia but born in Boulder. Leekley <melj916@...> wrote: Hi, I have read about spasms pretty often on this board, but I am not sure what it is describing. I have been diagnosed with A. and definitely feel food getting stuck, regurgitation, and the white foamy stuff, but I am not sure I have had spasms. I feel pressure from the stuck food. I guess I am asking what the spasms feel like, and if it possible to have A. without spasms? Thank you, (from colorado)Joanne Field <jefieldhotmail> wrote: Hi I've not had the Myotomy yet - waiting for that at the moment, seeing my surgeon for another chat on 15th Jan. I had the manometry test - not a pleasant experience but they said that the LES spasm could be causing the muscles further up to spasm. I'm hoping that the myotomy will help and that those spasms won't remain but I guess I

won't know that for a while.I've not had my blood pressure checked so I will mention that when I see him and see what he says.I'll keep you posted on what happens on 15th.>From: "let45ride" >Reply-achalasia >achalasia >Subject: Re: Happy New Year>Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 14:46:43 -0000>>Joanne,> I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get as much relief from your>myotomy as you hoped! Did you ever have a manometry, or are you>scheduled to have that done? My husband has been diagnosed with>Diffuse Esophageal Spasm (no achalasia, yet, though) and it seems that>the manometry was the test that really confirmed the diagnosis. His>endoscopes have never really shown any signs of DES.> There is a well-known surgeon in the U.S. that claims he's>treated many cases of DES with Heller

myotomies, with 80% success. We>discussed this with Dr. Rice of Cleveland Clinic (another well-known>esophagus surgeon in the U.S.) and he didn't think it was the right>surgery to treat DES. He performs a long myotomy (involving more of>the E). A third surgeon suggested that since DES can be hard to>diagnose, the large number of cases treated with Hellers were just>mis-diagnosed A cases. Also, from what I've read, DES can lead to A,>but I've never heard of A being secondary to DES. Or, maybe you can>have both? All of this may not even apply to you, though. I'm hoping>you don't have DES to deal with, also. Manometries aren't the most>pleasant of tests, but maybe you should talk to you consultant about>it, just to make sure you're getting the right diagnosis.> Do you take blood pressure meds. because your pressure is normally>high (except for in the hospital)? My husband takes

Nifedical, which>is a smooth muscle relaxer used for high blood pressure, to help with>his spasms. There are others in this group that take it for their A.>Good luck with your tests and please keep us posted on how things go!>> in Michigan>> >>>_________________________________________________________________MSN Hotmail is evolving – check out the new Windows Live Mail http://ideas.live.com

• 11 months later...

wish you all a health happy new year

anil varshney <font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR:#80c0ff;" face="arial narrow"><font face="verdana" size="1">IMMUNIZE EVERY CHILD FOR HEALTHY FUTURE,</font> </font><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR:#ffff40;">PREVENT AIDS ,-PRACTICE SAFE SEX</font> ,<font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR:#ff80ff;" face="courier">EAT HEALTHY FOODS SLEEP WELL</font> , <font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR:#d8a3a4;" face="arial narrow">EXERCISE DAILY</font> , <font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR:#80ff00;" face="comic sans ms">MEDITATE FOR HEALTHY LIVING</font>

HAPPY NEW YEAR

HAPPY NEWYEAR TO ALL NETRUMIANSGroupie

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger

Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download.

Dear Manoj ,

FOR YOUR GREETINGS AND GOOD WISHES WHICH I HEARTILY RECIPROCATE .

HAPPY NEW YEAR

WISHING YOU & YOUR FAMILY A VERY HAPPY and PROSPEROUS COMING YEAR 2008.

WITH REGARDS,

MANOJ KUMAR

MARKETING DEPTT., HO

MOBILE NO.09868235143

happy new year sunny ji,aapko or aapki family ko bhi.may u always get happiness out of life.Sunny Nagpal <hariomsunny@...> wrote: "Starting from scratch is nearly always humbling, but the rewards are manifold: You'll come out of the experience a little more humble; your example of "doing the humble thing" will encourage others and, contrary to what your pride tells you, win their admiration and respect..." ...have nice times bful years ki start...keep smiling...Whatever U r, B a GUD1 - Abrham Lincoln.Keep Smiling inspite of Everything - Gurudev. DELETE button is history. Unlimited mail storage is just a click away.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

• 11 months later...

Happy new year too Everyone! cindy

> > >

> > > My neck doesnt hurt!!!can you guys believe that? my face hurts

> > instead,

> > > from my neck. And my neck does lots of weird things to me,

> > > neurologically. My neck is always extremely stiff and i cant

> turn my

> > > head very well. But i know its my neck(now) because it shows

bad

> bad

> > > neck on the xrays.What kind of pain do you all have in your

> necks? is

> > it

> > > a stabbing pain, or a burning pain, how do your necks hurt? I

> know

> > that

> > > sounds lie a silly question? but i'm curious? someone told me

my

>

> neck

> > > doesnt hurt because it is SO crooked. That the nerves have

> worked

> > their

> > > way around so they dont hurt. cindy

> > >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > Groups Links

> >

> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > **************One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL

> Mail,

> > Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.

> > (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-

> dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)

> >

> >

> >

Happy new year too Everyone! cindy

> > >

> > > My neck doesnt hurt!!!can you guys believe that? my face hurts

> > instead,

> > > from my neck. And my neck does lots of weird things to me,

> > > neurologically. My neck is always extremely stiff and i cant

> turn my

> > > head very well. But i know its my neck(now) because it shows

bad

> bad

> > > neck on the xrays.What kind of pain do you all have in your

> necks? is

> > it

> > > a stabbing pain, or a burning pain, how do your necks hurt? I

> know

> > that

> > > sounds lie a silly question? but i'm curious? someone told me

my

>

> neck

> > > doesnt hurt because it is SO crooked. That the nerves have

> worked

> > their

> > > way around so they dont hurt. cindy

> > >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > Groups Links

> >

> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > **************One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL

> Mail,

> > Gmail, and Mail. Try it now.

> > (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-

> dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)

> >

> >

> >

In a message dated 12/31/2008 7:50:01 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, Jase0157@... writes:

I hope you all have your journals ready. FOR A FRESH START.

Excellent idea - new journal for the new year LOL - I was just going to carry mine forward.

Happy New Year to you too and hope you survive the 5-7"

New year...new news. Be the first to know what is making headlines.

Thank you, ,

I am wishing all things wonderful for each and every one of you.. I pray that

whatever wishes you hold in your hearts will be yours. I pray that with each

LifeLift breath you take you fill your lives with love, with happiness and with

prosperity. I believe with all my heart that you can have success and abundance

and a life filled with love if you just believe in yourselves. I believe in

you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year! God bless 2009 for all of us.

Be blessed, be healthy and take good care,

Rashelle

Harness the Power of Oxygen.

It is Oxygen that burns fat. Age better, look better, feel better.

www.oxygenlift.net

----- Original Message -----

God's blessings

(BSM Chaplain)

Army mom

The opinions reflected above are strictly my own and in no way reflect the

views of the Blue Star Mothers or the Proud Military Moms

Ouma and Tomthis group is always being told how sijui who and who and who who are all ever your relatives have died. is it that this group was formed to benefit Tom Ochuka and Ouma chege? I wonder why its you who always have problems chungu nzima

EdwinOn Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:30 AM, ouma chege <oumaouko@...> wrote:

Hi Members,

It is great it communicate with the entire members of this forum.

As we come towards the end of this your, I must say that it has been a

very trying year for me full of cahllenges especially towards the end

of the year, I lost my dear mother, but at the same time i want to

appreciate the brotherly nature that various members of this forum

contribute to various issues. It give inspiration that requires

appreciation. therefore I want to candidly appeciate and that all

members of this forum for the contribution of worthy ideas, support for

ideal projects/activities and moral motivation to members who are

greatly discouraged.

I am looking forward to a very fruitful constructive year 2009. Happy new year

Be Blessed

Ouma

Ouma and Tomthis group is always being told how sijui who and who and who who are all ever your relatives have died. is it that this group was formed to benefit Tom Ochuka and Ouma chege? I wonder why its you who always have problems chungu nzima

EdwinOn Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:30 AM, ouma chege <oumaouko@...> wrote:

Hi Members,

It is great it communicate with the entire members of this forum.

As we come towards the end of this your, I must say that it has been a

very trying year for me full of cahllenges especially towards the end

of the year, I lost my dear mother, but at the same time i want to

appreciate the brotherly nature that various members of this forum

contribute to various issues. It give inspiration that requires

appreciation. therefore I want to candidly appeciate and that all

members of this forum for the contribution of worthy ideas, support for

ideal projects/activities and moral motivation to members who are

greatly discouraged.

Be Blessed

Ouma

Dear Willson ,Janet and all, Thanks wilson for appreciating the blessings from this forum,am gald that death touches emotions and we have to really attend to them as well as projects,wilson you are the pioneer of oedessy arts your exellen gift here is ablessing to the youhs in kisumu.

This forum provides alot not only fn but even conections ,motivations,and evn homage to others,Janet ,Hezekiah,Tom thanks to all of you....It doesnt matter who surports what but the changes on the ground am happy of Bennedete whom ahve visited us personally and seen what we are doing.

Hope we shall forget the year of who is who in 2008,with violence and endless poverty and have 2009 as year of repect,am still sadened by the death of my lost daughter, i mentioned her birth too not only her death,friends are their to pray with me others are thier to criticise but all in all.

Iloveyou all,ihate being ajudge acritic or even tribal.

Janet tahnks again we have in the past done more things than even the funerals,am encouraging you to work with all and espcially those who can work with you,it doesnt matter how you raise funds and who gives you and for what but cahnges on th ground is what matters,HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS TO BE LINKED TO AN ORG AND WHO PAY JANET FOR THAT?..She does it free and to all without choice.

Happy new year to all.

TOM OCHUKA.

From: ouma chege <oumaouko@...>Subject: Happy New Year Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 11:30 PM

Hi Members,

It is great it communicate with the entire members of this forum. As we come towards the end of this your, I must say that it has been a very trying year for me full of cahllenges especially towards the end of the year, I lost my dear mother, but at the same time i want to appreciate the brotherly nature that various members of this forum contribute to various issues. It give inspiration that requires appreciation. therefore I want to candidly appeciate and that all members of this forum for the contribution of worthy ideas, support for ideal projects/activities and moral motivation to members who are greatly discouraged.

Be Blessed

Ouma

Dear Willson ,Janet and all, Thanks wilson for appreciating the blessings from this forum,am gald that death touches emotions and we have to really attend to them as well as projects,wilson you are the pioneer of oedessy arts your exellen gift here is ablessing to the youhs in kisumu.

This forum provides alot not only fn but even conections ,motivations,and evn homage to others,Janet ,Hezekiah,Tom thanks to all of you....It doesnt matter who surports what but the changes on the ground am happy of Bennedete whom ahve visited us personally and seen what we are doing.

Hope we shall forget the year of who is who in 2008,with violence and endless poverty and have 2009 as year of repect,am still sadened by the death of my lost daughter, i mentioned her birth too not only her death,friends are their to pray with me others are thier to criticise but all in all.

Janet tahnks again we have in the past done more things than even the funerals,am encouraging you to work with all and espcially those who can work with you,it doesnt matter how you raise funds and who gives you and for what but cahnges on th ground is what matters,HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS TO BE LINKED TO AN ORG AND WHO PAY JANET FOR THAT?..She does it free and to all without choice.

Happy new year to all.

TOM OCHUKA.

From: ouma chege <oumaouko@...>Subject: Happy New Year Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 11:30 PM

Hi Members,

It is great it communicate with the entire members of this forum. As we come towards the end of this your, I must say that it has been a very trying year for me full of cahllenges especially towards the end of the year, I lost my dear mother, but at the same time i want to appreciate the brotherly nature that various members of this forum contribute to various issues. It give inspiration that requires appreciation. therefore I want to candidly appeciate and that all members of this forum for the contribution of worthy ideas, support for ideal projects/activities and moral motivation to members who are greatly discouraged.

Be Blessed

Ouma

Alot of mistakes that the email doesnt make sense. Emotional why? Coz of being told the truth?On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 9:31 AM, tom ochuka <tomochuka@...> wrote:

Happy new year to all.

TOM OCHUKA.

Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 11:30 PM

Hi Members,

Be Blessed

Ouma

Alot of mistakes that the email doesnt make sense. Emotional why? Coz of being told the truth?On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 9:31 AM, tom ochuka <tomochuka@...> wrote:

Happy new year to all.

TOM OCHUKA.

Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 11:30 PM

Hi Members,

Be Blessed

Ouma

Thanks to all who may understand my language and correct my grammer,

we all have Emotions who doesnt.

Tom

From: ouma chege <oumaouko (DOT) com>Subject: Happy New Year@gro ups.comDate: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 11:30 PM

Hi Members,

Be Blessed

Ouma

Thanks to all who may understand my language and correct my grammer,

we all have Emotions who doesnt.

Tom

From: ouma chege <oumaouko (DOT) com>Subject: Happy New Year@gro ups.comDate: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 11:30 PM

Hi Members,

Be Blessed

Ouma

Mr mwaura if you don't have any relatives that have problems in your province,please stop castigating this man,he is one of the few who are dedicated to helping the poor in the village,your born from corrupt family your mind is so corrupt that you just think about corruption,we kenyans are tired of people like you,please don't give any of money it's not special.Nyanza province doesn' t look anything similar to central province,enough mwaura.

Happy new it's the year of change and may the lord bless you all.

Hi Members,

Be Blessed

Ouma

Mr mwaura if you don't have any relatives that have problems in your province,please stop castigating this man,he is one of the few who are dedicated to helping the poor in the village,your born from corrupt family your mind is so corrupt that you just think about corruption,we kenyans are tired of people like you,please don't give any of money it's not special.Nyanza province doesn' t look anything similar to central province,enough mwaura.

Happy new it's the year of change and may the lord bless you all.

Hi Members,

Be Blessed

Ouma

Thanks Mukul,Please accept my greetings as well....RegardsGyan PandeyOn Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Mukul Chaudhri <mukulchaudhri@...> wrote:

WISHING YOU & YOUR FAMILY A VERY HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR

CHAUDHRI

ELECTRIC WORKS SHOW

ROOM:111A/208,ASHOK

ARYAN ENTERPRISES

NAGAR,KANPUR

111A/412,ASHOK NAGAR

AUTH.DEALARS:LEGRAND,HAVELLS

80 FT.ROAD,KANPUR(U.P.) AKG,PLAZA ,

INDIA-208012 CAPITAL

PRODUCTS,

PH(O):0512-2554120/3268385 KIRLOSKAR TRANSFORMERS

®:0512-2551274/3042499 MEI H.T.SWITCH

FAX:0512-2549576

SPRECHER+SCHUH

E-MAIL:chaudhri.aryan@... OSRAM,

mukulchaudhri@...

Mukul

Chaudhri09793074400,Pradeep Chaudhri09839084514,Arun Chaudhri09336854899

-- http://mukulchaudhri.blogspot.com

Dear All

WISHING YOU ALL A WEALTHY, HAPPY, PROSPEROUS, HEALTHY AND ENJOYABLE 2009

Regards

Adhivarahan K

+ 91 94442 75315

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 8:34 PM, victorhugorojas1957 <victorhugorojas1957@...> wrote:

>> hello, happy new year!

>hello, my best wishes for you and your family, not only this year for ever. -- Thanks with regards

Adhivarahan K94442 75315

-- HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hi folks

I am taking this opportunity to wish you all a Blessed and Prosperous New

Year. Sorry for being late. It seems that like our world I am sluggish and

move around more slower. Yep, they had to add a whole second to 2008 to

make sure the Atomic Clocks coincide with the spin on the earth.

Ok, I have entered 2009 on a treatment of prednisone, 50 mg daily to combat

the

Fibrosis in my lungs, the right one to be more specific. The medication has

helped my pain somewhat but it is also increasing my weight and appetite

like gang busters.

I seem to crave something to eat constantly and my weight is moving

accordingly.

The old timers on this list will remember back when I first joined and was

complaining of not being able to put weight on. In fact for most of my life

I have weighed around the 125 - 150 pound mark. Not any longer, this

mornings official weigh in has me tipping the scales at 210 pounds give or

take an ounce. I started gaining in 2001/2 and made it to the 185 mark. Up

until my first visits and tests at the Pulmonary Unit in Calgary my weight

held at that mark. In December that all changed and I went on Prednisone.

I will be on the Pred for 6 months. So from the look of it I will get the

classic moon face of Prednisone users.

On Tuesday we were in the city and having supper at Dairy Queen. When I

went to sit in one of the booths I noticed that I had less than an inch

clearance with my pot belly and the table. I would not worry too much about

it but it is the appetite that is getting to me. At breakfast this morning

I ate a large bowl of oat meal then opted for an orange, then five slices of

bread with margarine and sugar reduced jam on them. And I was still hungry.

Has anyone out there had a similar problem and if you have how did you get

around it?

Blessings to you all

Your roly-poly Friar

Fr. Dave

----------

---

avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.

Virus Database (VPS): 090102-0, 02/01/2009

Tested on: 03/01/2009 9:34:13 AM

avast! - copyright © 1988-2009 ALWIL Software.

http://www.avast.com

Happy New year to you Fr.Dave, This is D, in Oregon. I tell

you, that prednisone is a doubled edge sword. It makes you feel good,

but the weight it put on you is a fight you can't win. I was on it

for 10 years for my ulcerative colitis. And I was really thin back

then. I am 5'6 " and was about 120lbs. I was in modeling and and

beauty pagents. Now I have doubled in size. I feel like a whale on

the beach if I put on a bathing suit now, and no bakini for sure.But

the prednisone gave me cateracts, thin and easily popping

veins,thinning hair,moon face, and moon body. Everytime the Dr says

they are going to give me predisone or steroids, I refuse. I have had

enough. I have had mini strokes lately, due to over use of

prednisone. So I am warning you to be careful the Dr doesn't keep you

on it for long. I sure wouldn't go into a beauty padgent now. I would

be laughed off the stage:) Maybe I would go on one to show the Drs.

what can happen to a good looking mama after 10 years of prednisone.

I can bring my photos from the past, and compare the damage. It is

really dangerous stuff if you are on it very long. Even some of my

kids cringe when they see me, since they know what I use to look

like. I would like to have known this before I started using it. So

that is why I am being so discriptive. All of you out there watch

out. It will even make things worse than they were if you are on it

too long. It didn't help the ulcerative colitis, it turned to toxic

mega colon, and I had to have my colon removed. So, you never know.

My son is on it now, but he won't take the dosage the Dr tells him to

take. He wants off of it as soon as he can. He doesn't want to turn

out like me. Good Luck. Love to you my friend, D.